2010 Davis Cup Cheering Thread: SERBIA IS 2010 CHAMPION! defeats France 3-2! [Archive] - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

2010 Davis Cup Cheering Thread: SERBIA IS 2010 CHAMPION! defeats France 3-2!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Sleepwalker64
09-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah, it seems so..

http://twitter.com/DavisCup
it's all change in the SRB v CZE doubles..Novak Djokovic will pair up with Nenad Zimonjic to face Tomas Berdych & Radek Stepanek

~Maya~
09-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Novak playing doubles? :smash:

Björki
09-18-2010, 02:07 PM
adje :bounce:

Running:Free
09-18-2010, 02:50 PM
First set break! :banana: Ajde boys!

jeremda01
09-18-2010, 02:59 PM
first set to serbia 6-3 :D

Naina
09-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Lost the second :(

Lee
09-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Lost the rubber :p

Sleepwalker64
09-18-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm going tomorrow...all or nothing:)
Czechs have better support in Belgrade than our guys...shameful.
It's happening again...we are better as outsiders than favorites.
But I'm not sure...it start's in 1 or 2 CET?

Nole fan
09-19-2010, 02:35 AM
How can czechs have more support than Serbs in Belgrade? Makes no sense at all. :shrug:
It's not looking good, poor Nole I know how important is this for him. I don't even want to imagine what a loss would mean to him, he's still pretty devastated after the US Open...

Naina
09-19-2010, 03:08 AM

Glad I am not the only one that thought so. Czechs constantly bang their drums, cymbals etc. and the belgrade crowd sort of floats in and out of the match. I hope they win the tie but it is going to be tricky...

Sleepwalker64
09-19-2010, 03:32 AM
They don't have more, but better support. There are some 100 CZ guys with drums and trumpets. I was there in Friday...On our side...there's bunch of legs showing girls and more than a half crowd of school kids...there was a group of some 50 kids in front of me from some tennis club from near by city...and when I went out I couldn't buy a coffee...like all the people were in the hall. Incredible...
Inside was freaking cold, cause of air condition..and outside was hot and humid...I was yawning all the time.

Sleepwalker64
09-19-2010, 03:44 AM
We are not very accustomed to tennis...I mean we as an audience
Hard core fans don't watch tennis (as Novak once jokingly said...it's considered gay sport)..They are on basketball and football matches.
And this crowd...is kind'a bunch of kids and exhibitionists..politicians...singers...models and kids...sea of kids, like I was in primary school again.

Lee
09-19-2010, 07:54 AM
For US viewers, there may be coverage because France won the tie already so TC will switch to Serb/CZ tie. I don't know the exact time, whether it's live or taped delay :shrug: TC's website said they will show this tie but did not update the schedule :rolleyes: I heard it's 5 (not sure it's am or pm) eastern time during the US/Columbia tie. :shrug:

Viky-cro
09-19-2010, 12:21 PM
same thing happened last year to Croatia... It was also DC 1/2 and those Czechs were louder than our guys... In the end we lost, because in crucial moments of the match people were cheering for their team. :(

asmazif
09-19-2010, 12:27 PM
haha i love how those three consecutive doubles commentary posts just get degeneratively worse as they go: "first set to serbia 6-3 :D" to "lost the second :(" to "lost the rubber :p"

minh
09-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Come on Nole, break him

minh
09-19-2010, 01:40 PM
lost break

asmazif
09-19-2010, 02:52 PM
haha this english commentator is so woeful... anyway 2nd goes to nole! :D

kalisita
09-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Early break in the 3rd! :bounce:

Got to go. :sad: Ajde Nole and Ajde Serbia! :rocker2:

Amber Spyglass
09-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Stream please :)

istase2000
09-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Stream please :)

http://atdhe.net/24249/watch-serbia-vs-czech-republic

Amber Spyglass
09-19-2010, 03:23 PM
http://atdhe.net/24249/watch-serbia-vs-czech-republic

Cheers :)

jeremda01
09-19-2010, 04:09 PM
djokovic 2-1 up in sets, 3-3 in the 4th, i think it'll be a tight set, but if djoko wins, tipsy shall win too.

asmazif
09-19-2010, 04:24 PM
what a hero :)

Puschkin
09-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Yes! :D

shuhrat
Well done Nole. :hug: :yeah:

Naina
Amazing :worship: It's all in Janko's hands rather in his Janko's head now :scared:

jeremda01
09-19-2010, 04:29 PM
well, i was wrong, but what a great fight by nole, i guess the home crowd help, loved it when he revved the crowd up. Tipsy for the win i say!

Lee
09-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Good job Nole although he looked really tired. Now Janko :unsure:

Lee
09-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Wow, Janko! Hope he will keep this up for 3 sets.

shuhrat
09-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Is Stepanek tanking the first set strategically? :scratch: This is so not him in a DC match. :p Of course, Janko's playing great though. :D

Keep focused Janko! :rocker2:

jeremda01
09-19-2010, 05:31 PM
janko win the first set 6-0!!!! sorry wrong thread :P

Lee
09-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Is Stepanek tanking the first set strategically? :scratch: This is so not him in a DC match. :p Of course, Janko's playing great though. :D

Keep focused Janko! :rocker2:

Don't know how one can tank a 1st set as strategy :lol: But Sexy is really out of sorts in the first. Look better in 2nd. But Janko was pretty amazing in first.

09-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Nole :banana: Janko :banana: Ajde! :rocker2:

Lee
09-19-2010, 05:57 PM
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=17331

Novak Djokovic defeated Tomas Berdych 46 63 62 64 to keep Serbian hopes of a historic player in the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Final. The clash between Serbia and Czech Republic is now evenly balanced at two wins apiece. Its outcome will be decided by Janko Tipsarevic and Radek Stepanek.

With the Czechs leading 2-1 overnight, the pressure was on Djokovic, and it told in the seventh game of the first set when he dropped serve. The big-serving Berdych, unrecognisable from the unconfident man who put in an error-strewn display against Janko Tipsarevic on Friday, served out the first set, and was looking by far the stronger player. He was winning his service games more comfortably than Djokovic, and things were looking ominous for the host nation.

But then drama struck midway through the second set. With Djokovic at 15-30 serving at 2-2, Berdych crunched a forehand which seemed certain to go for a winner. With the Czech fans already cheering, Djokovic made a miraculous recovery, scooping up a defensive forehand to drop the ball at Berdych’s feet. Berdych netted the volley, and the Serbs cheered. Djokovic suddenly punched the air – somewhat in the direction of the Czech fans – and the crowd went wild. The fuse had been lit.

Four points later Djokovic had held serve for 3-2, and the Belgrade Arena was on fire. As he ran out to receive at 2-3, the temperature was red-hot as 16,000 home fans got behind their hero. Perhaps because of the heat, Djokovic lunged for a Berdych smash that was pretty much a hopeless cause, stumbled and landed on his right knee. He ended up motionless on his right side in the corner of the playing area.

When he didn’t get up, Serbia’s captain Bogdan Obradovic and the umpire Cedric Mourier ran over to check him out. They called for the Serbian team physio. Suddenly, the spectacle that had just caught light was in danger of extinguishing itself right there. As Djokovic was helped to his chair to have his knee bandaged, Radek Stepanek came out of the locker room, mindful that the Czechs might be about to celebrate their passage to December’s final if Djokovic would have to retire.

:devil: Now I know why Sexy was so out in 1st set!!! Nole's faking injury!!!!!

But seven minutes after he had stumbled, the Serb took to the court with a strapping below his right knee, mirroring the strapping below Berdych’s left knee. So began the Serb’s own personal battle of wounded knee, and two things became immediately apparent. Djokovic could indeed still move, much to the relief of the crowd, and Berdych had lost his rhythm in the interruption.

Patiently sticking in some long rallies, Djokovic broke for the first time to lead 5-3, and moments later served out the second set.

Djokovic carried his momentum into the third set, breaking Berdych twice to lead 4-1. The Czech then got one of the breaks back as Djokovic suffered his first breach of momentum since his injury time-out, but in the seventh game, he again had the crowd in his palm.

On break point to lead 5-2, Berdych seemed to have got the better of a long rally and played a neat angled drop volley. Djokovic raced up-court to retrieve it, another seemingly hopeless cause. This time he angled a one-handed backhand cross court beyond Berdych’s reach, to send the crowd screaming once more. But obviously not loud enough, for Djokovic went down on one knee, looked up at the massed ranks of spectators and put his hand to his ear, as if to say “I can’t hear you, shout louder!” It was pure theatre, and when he took the set 6-2 moments later, it was almost anticlimactic – the decisive moment had already passed.

Lee
09-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Nole is out there cheering for Janko now. :bigclap:

09-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Nole's faking powers are so advanced and dynamic that he out-rhythms players not only on the court, but also those off the court :worship:

Break Janko! :rocker2:

shuhrat
09-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Don't know how one can tank a 1st set as strategy :lol: But Sexy is really out of sorts in the first. Look better in 2nd. But Janko was pretty amazing in first.
I know it doesn't make any sense though, and absolutely not happy with this Sexy of the 2nd set. :lol:

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=17331
[...]
As Djokovic was helped to his chair to have his knee bandaged, Radek Stepanek came out of the locker room, mindful that the Czechs might be about to celebrate their passage to December’s final if Djokovic would have to retire.

:devil: Now I know why Sexy was so out in 1st set!!! Nole's faking injury!!!!!
:rolls::rolls:

Janko :worship: With that many errors, he still pulled out the TB.
1 set to go for the final!!!

Lee
09-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Now a little life for the Czech fans... :(

shuhrat
09-19-2010, 07:24 PM
They made it!!

:aparty::woohoo::banana: :bounce: :banana::woohoo::aparty:

09-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Janko taking Serbia to the finals :bigclap: Big props to him for shouldering this tie :yeah:

Serbs! :woohoo: So happy for the boys :)

Lee
09-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Congratulation! And I am glad Janko is the hero this time. Lots of pressure off Nole's shoulder.

And Janko really deserve the hero status. He plays very well!

Now I just hope Fish finishes Giraldo real fast (he let the match slided into 5th set :armed:) and the 5th rubber. TC will show Nole's match after the US/Columbia tie. :mad:

Naina
09-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Serbia :bounce:

Well Done boys :yeah: Btw the celebration was kinda weird :lol:

shuhrat
09-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Congratulation! And I am glad Janko is the hero this time. Lots of pressure off Nole's shoulder.

Now I just hope Fish finishes Giraldo real fast (he let the match slided into 5th set :armed:) and the 5th rubber. TC will show Nole's match after the US/Columbia tie. :mad:
Indeed. :worship:

Serbia :bounce:

Well Done boys :yeah: Btw the celebration was kinda weird :lol:
I want to see that too. :bigcry: What exactly did they do, after lying on the court?

09-19-2010, 07:42 PM

Absolutely! It'll spread the confidence and pressure around. Hope they can perform their best in the finals this way.

Naina
09-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Indeed. :worship:

I want to see that too. :bigcry: What exactly did they do, after lying on the court?

Let's see, there was the flag and the prostrate tennis players and the weird disembodied voice chanting something and then the screen went blank. It totally cracked me up :lol:

shuhrat
09-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Let's see, there was the flag and the prostrate tennis players and the weird disembodied voice chanting something and then the screen went blank. It totally cracked me up :lol:
That's what I watched. :lol: Thanks anyway. :)

09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Some tweets!

NeilHarmanTimes: Serbia into the DC final for the first time. Heroic and historic. They don't come any more commited than Djokovic and Tipsarevic.

cnnopencourt: Novak Djokovic eases Serbia into the Davis Cup final against France, showing the passion that's still present in this historic tournament.

JamesLaRosa: What a week for Novak: Epic win v. Fed, USO final, jets to Belgrade to lead Serbia to 1st Davis Cup final. A star is reborn.

Noleksa: Janko: "People cannot fathom what a big big heart Nole has. I want to thank him for coming here to play with us. Not many would do that."

Janko :awww: :hug:

Nole fan
09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Oh my heart is melting... for the Serbs, great job boys! :rocker:
Amazing and historic, I agree. I want to see them winning this, they deserve it.
I hope this will put Nole on the right path... to glory. Janko was superb too. Well, he's won over another fan. :worship:

Nole fan
09-19-2010, 10:10 PM
We are not very accustomed to tennis...I mean we as an audience
Hard core fans don't watch tennis (as Novak once jokingly said...it's considered gay sport)..They are on basketball and football matches.
And this crowd...is kind'a bunch of kids and exhibitionists..politicians...singers...models and kids...sea of kids, like I was in primary school again.

I thought Nole was the most popular and important sportsman in Serbia, that's what they say. :awww:

kalisita
09-20-2010, 12:05 AM
:woohoo: Serbia! :woohoo:

:clap2: Nole for keeping the tie alive! :clap2::clap2: Janko for coming up big this weekend!

And home just in time to see the replay on TC. :)

Sleepwalker64
09-20-2010, 12:17 AM
What a beautiful day of tennis...7 hours on the seat, 2 cokes, 2 coffees 5 cigarettes...and 2 great guys winning it for the best crowd I saw live recently.
They promised that they will all cut their hair completely if they win DC:)
Congratulations guys...that was really something special, and I feel privileged for watching it.

star
09-20-2010, 03:03 AM
:worship: Bravo Nole.

pica_pica
09-20-2010, 06:35 AM
I was so happy yesterday. Couldn't fall asleep for some 30 mins coz I was so excited and chanting Srbija, Srbija! :D

minh
09-20-2010, 11:23 AM
congraz Nole, congraz Serbia, you are so awesome> Nole and Janko are 2 heroes of Serbia in DC semiF

shuhrat
09-20-2010, 02:23 PM
http://sport.blic.rs/Tenis/184951/Teniseri-Srbije-Sisamo-se-na-celavo-ako-osvojimo-trofej

Tennis great mood after the final placement

All players and coaching staff Serbia Davis Cup team after tonight's promised victory over the Czech Republic that will crop up if the head in the final of the competition wins the French and win the title.

"If we win this (Davis Cup), all we can shave," said team advisor Serbia Nikola Pilic, and Janko Tipsarevic added that has a sound recording in which President Slobodan Zivojinovic TSS promised to do the same.

At a press conference after his victory over the Czech national team of Serbia appeared gleeful singing March on the Drina River.

A journalist's question about drinking in the locker room, Viktor Troicki said:

"Just water, we are cruel professionals," said Troicki.

Decisive, the third point of Serbia's Janko Tipsarevic took the victory against Radek Stepanek in three sets.

"For this team have won all years and 'mine' from the dead and just glad that it was time for me. It is good that the match did not go in the fourth or fifth set. Tennis, I feel great, seeing the ball great, but physically I have begun to
falling, "he said.

Serbian coach Bogdan Obradovic said that since the team expects even better results.

"I expect to continue to be guys like this feeling, this is our big advantage," said Obradovic.

This is the coach uttered while he blew all the time Tipsarevic in Sisak.

"It is obvious that Janko not like my styling and want to change my hairstyle. Shall win three more matches, and will not have that problem," said Obradovic.

Advisor in the Serbian national team Nikola Pilic said he proud of the team.

"A long time ago I said that I did not come here to win the first round matches. These guys are great, much love to play for my country and I am very proud of them. Even when we recorded three wins in the finals, it was Mont Everst" he said.

Top-ranked Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic admitted that he was difficult when he looked Tipsarevi?ev game but while playing earlier today against Tomas Berdych.

"So you want to help, but you are helpless. Janko showed that the real champion and really is a hero of this victory," said Djokovic.

He added that Serbia was always a favorite when playing at home, and that will be in the finals of the Davis Cup.

"Maybe a little early to talk about the French, but I can say that whoever comes in Belgrade is not the favorite. The arena is, for now, inaccessible trvđava and I'm sure it will stay. The best in the whole story is this young team that will years to be able to record gains, led by our boy Zimonjic, "Djokovic concluded in humorous vein.

http://www.mondo.rs/s183314/Sport/Tenis/Teniseri_obecali_nularicu_za_salataru.html

Video clip of Janko's post match interview. Before that part, the boys are like.. :lol:

EKSTREMISTA
09-20-2010, 04:33 PM
http://www.b92.net/news/pics/2010/09/10618620794c965553d81e7975424524_extreme.jpg

http://www.mondo.rs/v2/view_photo.php?id=419990

http://www.b92.net/news/pics/2010/09/9972251004c9661243b268946425290_extreme.JPG

http://www.mondo.rs/v2/view_photo.php?id=419975

http://www.b92.net/news/pics/2010/09/4546714314c966124767ba069305255_extreme.JPG

http://www.index.hr/images2/srbija_afo_tipsarevic_djokovic.jpg

http://www.b92.net/news/pics/2010/09/6808500744c9661241e842242750945_extreme.JPG

http://www.index.hr/images2/tipsarevic_djokovic_Davis_cup_srbija.jpg

http://www.pressonline.rs/upload/boxImageData/2010/8/20/117416/3501-novak.jpg

http://www.pressonline.rs/upload/boxImageData/2010/8/20/117418/3505-novak.jpg

http://www.pressonline.rs/upload/boxImageData/2010/8/20/117417/3506-novak.jpg

http://www.alo.rs//_customfiles/Image/slike/2010/09_sep/20/sport/tenis-v.jpg

Nole fan
09-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Love the pics, thanks. :kiss:

Amber Spyglass
09-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Berdych: Serbs disappoint me

Top-ranked Czech player Tomas Berdych did not have nice words about the atmosphere in the Belgrade Arena, but refrained to further explain what he has left a bad impression on him under the pretext that it could backfire on the head.
- The crowd was neteniska, stood and their players. It was hard to keep concentration during the match, and to me all the extra umaralo. I was disappointed people in Belgrade. They look friendly, but when they turn back, begin to behave differently. Strangely it was and how it behaved Novak Djokovic, but better not say more about that we would not have broke on his head - said Berdych.

http://www.kurir-info.rs/sport/teniseri-uz-trubace-slavili-do-zore-51018.php

Jelena_78
09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
We have a saying, 'Ko gubi, ima pravo da se ljuti'. I guess he needs to justify his (their) loss somehow.

I hope Tomas recovered from that 'horrible' experience in front of 'unfriendly' Serbs :sobbing: :rolleyes: :rolls:

Didn't know I was unfriendly until he said :p

I had a pleasure to meet a very dear MTF poster who came to Belgrade to watch matches on Sunday (she will recognise herself ;) :kiss: ) , she can say how 'unfriendly' we were (are) :)

Sure there are always some jerks who shout between 1st&2nd serve when the situation on court is not in our favour, or during points when they forget they're not at home in front of tv lol, but I heard that even at US Open :shrug: you can't expect everyone out of 16000 people to be normal lol, anywhere, so it's not the 'Serb' thing.

mayagaller
09-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Sure there are always some jerks who shout between 1st&2nd serve and during points when the situation on court is not in our favour, but I heard that even at US Open :shrug:

Maybe that's why Thomas lost in R1 at the Open. :devil:

To me, it looks like sour grapes from a sore loser.:wavey:

EKSTREMISTA
09-21-2010, 03:20 PM
http://www.kurir-info.rs/static/imgs/article_thumbs/632x474/uploads/2010-09/19862.jpg

http://www.kurir-info.rs/static/imgs/article_thumbs/632x474/uploads/2010-09/19992.jpg

http://www.kurir-info.rs/static/imgs/article_thumbs/632x474/uploads/2010-09/19993.jpg

http://www.alo.rs//_customfiles/Image/slike/2010/09_sep/21/sport/trubaci-v.jpg

Nole fan
09-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Wooo Berdych, very low!
I couldn't understand the translation, what was that thing about "Strangely it was and how it behaved Novak Djokovic, but better not say more about that we would not have broke on his head"?

EKSTREMISTA
09-21-2010, 03:34 PM
It means:-If I said more about that,it would be bad for me.

Nole fan
09-21-2010, 07:16 PM
It means:-If I said more about that,it would be bad for me.

And how did Novak behave? :scratch:

09-21-2010, 08:27 PM
It's DC, Tomas, what did you expect? :shrug: The Serbs remained amazingly dignified in front of Croatia's wild crowd, but he couldn't handle this?

Sleepwalker64
09-22-2010, 12:55 AM
I'm not sure what to think about that statement of Tomas...and I actually don't care.
Maybe he said something or did something...but we don't know anything about it. As far as I know, Novak is a very good friend with Radek, they used to play doubles, and the way Czechs coach Navratil hugged Novak and Janko after the match tells me that everything was ok or correct.
It's very possible that something offended him...but this is Davis Cup. And trust me, the crowd will be much worse against Frenchies.

From what I've seen...the crowd was mostly girls from 10-17, parents with even younger kids, and couples. I haven't seen any hard core fan. Just the opposite. When I went out to drink a coffee, I met couple of giant Czechs in topless with flag on their chest walking around and drinking beer. As far as I know they didn't have any kind of problems. Yes, crowd whistled while players were trying to serve...and that's it from what I saw.
To be quite honest they were lucky.

Tomas even celebrated his birthday in Belgrade
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs311.ash2/59176_10150257657190523_253559905522_14913422_9439 61_n.jpg

And I wonder who is this? Ivana Jordan maybe? Did she sing our anthem or what? I missed this part

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs672.snc4/61266_10150257729970523_253559905522_14914682_9097 76_n.jpg

I found those pics on facebook, there is a group Czech Davis Cup. If anyone can understand what are they saying, maybe he can enlighten us.
http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=253559905522

Amber Spyglass
09-22-2010, 02:44 AM
Well with regards the crowd I think it was just regular Davis Cup behaviour,like Sleepwalker said,(whistling between serves etc.)As for what he meant by Novak's behaviour,well it could have been anything-his medical timeout(every opponent seems to treat this as a "strategy" these days) or it could have been his exaggerated celebrations(ear to the crowd to get them to scream louder)
http://i53.tinypic.com/2m60uba.jpg
Anyway,this is all coming from a guy who famously put his finger to his mouth i.e shushing the crowd after beating Nadal at the Madrid Masters(hard court at the time) a few years back.I guess the crowd had probably been rowdy in their support of Nadal.So it seems the guy has a track record of being a little sensitive to a partisan crowd.

Sleepwalker64
09-22-2010, 04:16 AM
If that's the reason...I'm glad..and they should of do even more.
Did you see Radek celebration, after the match with Troicki?:)
He didn't do his worm dance...or whatever they call it...but he was very cheerful with that Czech group, and that could be very provocative for someone.
Hostile crowd my ass...I'm telling you, this was theater
They were lucky that this group was not there to feel for real what is hostile crowd

MxAPggIvK2I

~Maya~
09-22-2010, 04:27 AM
Hostile crowd? :lol:
They were in a very good position to win this SF, so it must hurt a lot

Jelena_78
09-22-2010, 12:55 PM
2011 draw :)

Serbia (1) - India
Sweden - Russia (7)
Czech Republic (4) - Kazakhstan
Argentina (5) - Romania
Chile – USA (6)
Belgium - Spain (3)
Croatia (8) – Germany
Austria - France (2)

* Hosts are on the left side

pica_pica
09-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Wow, top seed!!!! :D

Jelena_78
09-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Wow, top seed!!!! :D

:D :aparty:

Lee
09-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Serbia FINALLY has a good draw in first round!!! :rolls:

:eek: Spain won last year and suddenly they are seeded #3 for next year?

Amber Spyglass
09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Serbia FINALLY has a good draw in first round!!! :rolls:

:eek: Spain won last year and suddenly they are seeded #3 for next year?

The first two seeds are always the two finalists of the present year and then from #3 on is based on the ITF world rankings.So Spain are #1 in the rankings but three is the highest seed they can get for next year's draw as they are not a finalist

It is a very good draw,they were fortuanate to be drawn in Serbia though as India would have been quite the trek before Indian Wells,pardon the pun :lol:

Lee
09-22-2010, 05:52 PM
The first two seeds are always the two finalists of the present year and then from #3 on is based on the ITF world rankings.So Spain are #1 in the rankings but three is the highest seed they can get for next year's draw as they are not a finalist

Thank you!

It is a very good draw,they were fortuanate to be drawn in Serbia though as India would have been quite the trek before Indian Wells,pardon the pun :lol:

It's a nightmare flying between India and US because the two countries are really at the opposite side of the earth. No matter how you manage it, it will take 24 hours and stops in various airports in vairous countries :tape:

Sleepwalker64
09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
I should know that...but guess I don't...
Why don't they use Dusan Vemic in doubles? He is very solid double player.
Is team limited to four members?

kalisita
09-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Good draw for next year. :)

I should know that...but guess I don't...

Yes.

Jelena_78
09-23-2010, 12:22 AM

:worship:

At least put him in the team in tie like this vs India. Why not let Nenad and Novak rest...

EKSTREMISTA
09-23-2010, 09:46 AM
And how did Novak behave? :scratch:

Well, he faked the knee injury to change momentum of the match,but its Berdych's problem that he is too psychologically weak to fight on the court with that.

Nole fan
09-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Well, he faked the knee injury to change momentum of the match,but its Berdych's problem that he is too psychologically weak to fight on the court with that.

I don't believe he faked it. I'm sure the knee was bothering him and maybe he thought it would be worse that it actually was. But no, I don't think Nole fakes anything. He doesn't need that excuse and anyway that alone doesn't change momentum. :shrug:

FlameOn
09-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Why would any fan of Nole's accuse him of faking? :retard:

EKSTREMISTA
09-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Thats why I like him.He would do anything to win for Serbia.

Jelena_78
09-24-2010, 12:25 AM

He didn't fake it, just exagerated.

Frightened the hell out of us.
One thing is for sure, Arena was on fire after that, especially after Czechs started cheering loudly while he was lying...

shuhrat
09-25-2010, 04:11 PM
14 minutes of celebration from the last point of the tie. :)

ZeBcnQPSJaI

http://twitter.com/Noleksa
Janko's Dad on Janko's new Hero status in Serbia: "I have always known my son's a hero. And now, the whole world knows." Aww :')

Janko's Dad: "I am in love with those guys. They all came to Janko's wedding and I saw them together. They breathe as one. One soul. "
The article she refers to http://sport.blic.rs/Tenis/185006/Tipsarevic-Boze-sto-volim-Dejvis-kup

Jelena_78
09-26-2010, 11:30 AM
...and celebration in front of cafe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=704Zb0OonQ0

tmv
09-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Our team chose hard surface for the final.

shuhrat
09-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Our team chose hard surface for the final.
I'm not so sure it's the best idea though :unsure: after all either hard or clay has its pros and cons. So hope every member of the team will be ready for the final mentally and physically and perform their best at the right moment. Ajde boys!! :hug:

pica_pica
09-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Hmmmmmmm....
Let's hope they do well! :) Ajde!

Lee
09-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I think it's a good decision. When the court surface won't tilt the scale very much, it's much better to choose a surface that's best for your own players.

kalisita
11-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Tsonga's out of DC. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/9154621.stm

Noleta
11-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Tsonga's out of DC. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/9154621.stm

Good news,but the Frensh still have a good team:)

shuhrat
11-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Ah, I heard Ana said she and Andrea Petkovic will be there. :D

Noleta
11-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Ah, I heard Ana said she and Andrea Petkovic will be there. :D

Awesome:DThey can distract the visiting team;)

pica_pica
11-08-2010, 06:00 PM
I heard that Tipsarevic hurt his hip during doubles SF in Basel? I hope he gets well soon! :awww:

Nole fan
11-08-2010, 07:58 PM
And Novak his shoulder? I hope not... :tape:

Noleta
11-09-2010, 05:19 PM
And Novak his shoulder? I hope not... :tape:

He had the same problem this time last year:tape:

Amber Spyglass
11-16-2010, 05:47 PM
The tickets for D.Cup final went on sale today and sold out in 4 hours.Lets hope all the people who bought tickets show up and we really do have a packed stadium :D

mlle mila
11-16-2010, 06:51 PM
The tickets for D.Cup final went on sale today and sold out in 4 hours.Lets hope all the people who bought tickets show up and we really do have a packed stadium :D
4 hours :eek: hopefully a very limited number of French, they can be very noisy , did you see Bercy?:o

jeremda01
11-17-2010, 02:08 AM
i would not be surprised if 90-95% of tickets were would bought by the home crowd. oh gosh, this is going to be very entertaining. really wish i were going there.

tmv
11-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Most of the tickets went to sponsors :mad: :sad:. Only few thousands were on sale.
Its hard to predict if Arena is going to be full and how many of the real tennis fans will be there.
I'm so desparate I couldn't get a ticket :sad: :sad: :sad:

Nole fan
11-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Most of the tickets went to sponsors :mad: :sad:. Only few thousands were on sale.
Its hard to predict if Arena is going to be full and how many of the real tennis fans will be there.

I'm sorry to hear that tmv.

Amber Spyglass
11-17-2010, 12:07 PM

That sucks on so many levels.Not only are genuine tennis fans denied a place but these spnsors and businessmen are hardly going to be making much noise in support of the team,which is what home D.Cup ties are all about :rolleyes:

mlle mila
11-17-2010, 12:15 PM
it's gonna be like against the Czech Rep , we will hear the french supporters more then the serbs .:mad:

but i don't think so a lot of ordinary people bought tickets .
The first day will be crucial . http://sport.blic.rs/Tenis/188024/Redovi-za-karte-za-finale-Dejvis-kupa

tmv
11-17-2010, 09:03 PM
it's gonna be like against the Czech Rep , we will hear the french supporters more then the serbs .:mad:

but i don't think so a lot of ordinary people bought tickets .
The first day will be crucial . http://sport.blic.rs/Tenis/188024/Redovi-za-karte-za-finale-Dejvis-kupa

Officialy 5080 tickets were on sale, and there are about 16000 seats in Arena.
http://www.novosti.rs/vesti/sport.72.html:308039-TSS-U-prodaji-se-naslo-5-080-kompleta-karata-za-finale

And I agree with bold line.

jeremda01
11-18-2010, 02:32 AM
well im sure that serbian fans going to be there in mass.

SK-
11-20-2010, 03:16 AM
C'MON!
Do titule momci,AJDE!

mlle mila
11-21-2010, 08:46 PM
http://sport.francetv.fr/stade2/?video=manuel_stade2_extrait_4_20101121_121_211120 10181714_F2
an interview with french tv.

kalisita
11-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Teams announced today. http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=17442

Serbia
Novak Djokovic
Viktor Troicki
Janko Tipsarevic
Nenad Zimonjic
Captain: Bogdan Obradovic

France
Gael Monfils
Michael Llodra
Gilles Simon
Arnaud Clement
Captain: Guy Forget

pica_pica
11-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Nole and Nenad in London WTF.
Janko in honeymoon (he's keeping himself fit though).
Viktor?

I hope they're really ready for it. I heard France is practising very hard :unsure:

pica_pica
11-28-2010, 04:00 AM
Now Nole will have more time to prepare for Davis Cup final! Ajde Srbija! Srecno! :D

kalisita
12-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Draw is out. http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/articles/davis-cup-final-2010-draw.aspx

Day 1: Janko Tipsarevic (SRB) v Gael Monfils (FRA)
Novak Djokovic (SRB) v Gilles Simon (FRA)

Noleta
12-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Good luck,hope wwe're in for some cracking matches,and with a Serbian victory in the end of course:cool:

mlle mila
12-02-2010, 06:53 PM
I do not know if I can endure three days of stress, I'm going to get away as far as possible from the TV and the internet all the weekend.oo
good luck Novak , Janko , Viktor and Nenad . ALLEZ.:bigclap:

Nole fan
12-02-2010, 08:39 PM
I do not know if I can endure three days of stress, I'm going to get away as far as possible from the TV and the internet all the weekend.oo

Me too. :hug:
I just want to wake up on Monday and know that he/serbia has won. :bigclap:

~Maya~
12-03-2010, 04:17 AM
I am so nervous about this.

minh
12-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm expecting to see Nole on court tonight, come on guy

MsTree
12-03-2010, 11:19 AM
:wavey: Nole fans :D
I'm really looking forward to this match, no one expects Gilles to win but it'll be interesting to see how long he can keep Nole out on court :devil:
Hope we see some good tennis anyway :D Allez! :wavey:

zlaja777
12-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Good luck Serbia.

kalisita
12-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Here we go! :dance:

Ajde Serbia! :rocker2:

Noleta
12-03-2010, 02:32 PM

:lol::hug::kiss:

I am so nervous about this.

+1.

Nole fan
12-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Oh. :o

Noleta
12-03-2010, 02:52 PM
All the pressure will be on Novak,and playing Simon isn't that easy,all their matches has been hard fought battles lol.....

Hang in there Tipsy:rocker2:

Noleta
12-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Like the shirt Nole is wearing:yeah:Ajmoooo:rocker2::scared:

kalisita
12-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Nole time! :dance:

:rocker2::rocker2:

kalisita
12-03-2010, 04:27 PM
:bigclap::bigclap:

kalisita
12-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Alright Nole! You want to serve it out? Do it strong! :rocker:

kalisita
12-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Shit.

kalisita
12-03-2010, 06:11 PM
:bounce: Tie leveled! :bounce:

:clap2: Nole! Coming through for Serbia! :rocker2:

Nole fan
12-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Uff, he really had problems to close the match. But it was never in doubt. :worship:
Who would you think will play doubles? Spanish commentators saying that they should use Djokovic. What do you think?
Nole. :hearts:

shuhrat
12-03-2010, 06:27 PM
I fully understand why he so struggled to serve out the match at the end. :awww:
Well done! :hug:

Nole fan
12-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Davis Cup Final: Djokovic d. Simon

Nd Certain tennis matches are like airplane flights. There are three aspects to each: takeoff, cruising at altitude, and landing. These were much more clearly delineated than usual in today’s Davis Cup rubber between Novak Djokovic and Gilles Simon in Belgrade.

Takeoff, in which both players fenced a little anxiously, lasted six games. In the seventh, Djokovic had break opportunities but got tight on them and waited for Simon to miss. He sliced the ball safely and tried a bailout drop shot. It didn’t work, but you had the feeling that if he could get himself over this hump he would loosen up and begin throw his superior arsenal of weapons at the underpowered Simon. That’s exactly what happened, though the swing in his direction was more drastic than you might have imagined.

Djokovic broke at 3-3 and went on to win eight of the next nine games. Simon had no answers for the Serb’s ground stroke barrage. The Frenchman seemed to be in perpetual retrieving mode, running back and forth futilely along the baseline. Djokovic’s smooth cruising period lasted all the way until he served for the match at 5-4 in the third set.

But landing a plane always involves a bump or two, and the same goes for many tennis matches. Suddenly, at 5-4, Djokovic bounced the ball a few more times before he served. Suddenly his backhand found the net. Suddenly his forehand flew wildly into the alley. Suddenly his opponent was off the baseline and finishing points in the forecourt. Suddenly it was 5-5. The plane wasn’t ready to land.

But then just as suddenly, the pressure shifted back to the other side of the net. The old dynamic returned. Djokovic attacked, Simon retrieved, and the Serb broke again. This time, despite lots of ball bounces, lots of nerves, and a few more shanks, Djokovic got his safe landing, 6-3, 6-1, 7-5. He shouldered the burden of a must-win as well as could be expected and kept his country alive. But those last moments were shaky, and Djokovic's perfomance, while very impressive for stretches, might not work so well on Sunday against Gael Monfils, who seems to be in top form and playing with the type of purpose we've long been waiting to see from him.

Serbia and France are 1-1 after day one. Whatever happens in the doubles tomorrow, Djokovic-Monfils is going to count, and it's going to be huge. Now, it’s going to be a good weekend.

—Steve Tignor

12-04-2010, 03:30 AM
:unsure: for doubles, hope they make it through! Ajde!

shuhrat
12-04-2010, 09:54 AM
I never thought he could play doubles, unless something unexpected happened.
Such a tough decision for the team. :awww:

Edit :
TipsarevicJanko (http://twitter.com/TipsarevicJanko/status/11017614239211520)
Idemo Viktor and Nenad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nenad & Viktor for the doubles! Ajde! :rocker2:

kalisita
12-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Ajde boys! :rocker2:

kalisita
12-04-2010, 02:53 PM
:bounce: 1st set in the bag! :bounce:

Still a long ways to go, but huge first set for Serbia! Ajde boys! :rocker2:

Have to leave soon. :sad:

jeremda01
12-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Napred Srbija!

jeremda01
12-04-2010, 02:59 PM
i have a feeling that this could be the decisive match

jeremda01
12-04-2010, 03:07 PM
troicki's service is on fire!

shuhrat
12-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Oh, my... 2-2 :tape::tape:

redberyl
12-04-2010, 06:52 PM
I just can't believe how poor performance from Troicki after second set. The double match is really important.:(

Hope Serbia can win both single matches tomorrow. Ajde Serbia!!!

Serbia_Foon
12-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Good luck tmr!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jade Fox
12-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Oh for Christ's sake can't Novak get a little help? I hope he's ready tomorrow cause Gael's gonna be tough I feel.

cheriamor
12-05-2010, 01:23 AM
Oh for Christ's sake can't Novak get a little help?

I know! I heard that he left and didn't watch the rest of the match. :sad: Davis Cup Twitter said that either he couldn't bear to watch it or went to go practice (two extremes). I'm guessing he really wanted to play doubles and to be in charge of the teams destiny. The matches tomorrow are going to be nerve wracking!

Amber Spyglass
12-05-2010, 02:00 AM
I know! I heard that he left and didn't watch the rest of the match. :sad: Davis Cup Twitter said that either he couldn't bear to watch it or went to go practice (two extremes). I'm guessing he really wanted to play doubles and to be in charge of the teams destiny. The matches tomorrow are going to be nerve wracking!

That's the hope :p

cheriamor
12-05-2010, 02:13 AM
That's the hope :p

I'm an eternal optimist. :)

Nole fan
12-05-2010, 02:29 AM
Noooooo! :o
I haven't been connected all day and now I find out Serbia lost in doubles. :speakles:
Sadly Novak can't do it all by himself. Poor Nole.

minh
12-05-2010, 03:20 AM
Serbia must both win 2 matches today to lift them to the vitory, that's hard but i believe Nole and Tipsy will do well :D

jeremda01
12-05-2010, 03:49 AM
both crowds are going to look for any opportunity to errupt tonight. cant wait and see how the both teams cop with it.

~Maya~
12-05-2010, 05:01 AM
:sad: This has to be very hard for Viktor and Ziki

I read somewhere that Zimonjic's kids were celebrating birthdays yesterday

cheriamor
12-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Noooooo! :o
I haven't been connected all day and now I find out Serbia lost in doubles. :speakles:
Sadly Novak can't do it all by himself. Poor Nole.

I think he wanted to though! I'm pretty sure he wanted to play doubles. His drive and motivation is unreal! You can tell in interviews how badly he wants to win this for his country, more than any other player I've read about (interviews).

Serbia_Foon
12-05-2010, 09:41 AM
:sad: This has to be very hard for Viktor and Ziki

I read somewhere that Zimonjic's kids were celebrating birthdays yesterday

“Zimonjic, for example, has missed his child’s birthday today and has played the entire campaign with an injured elbow. Not once has he complained.

“I expect the nation to wake up from the apathy it seems to have fallen into, stop taking us for granted, and we expect a partisan full house tomorrow because it’s still not over.”

shuhrat
12-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Ajde Nole!! :bounce::bounce:

kalisita
12-05-2010, 12:47 PM
:bounce: 1st set! :bounce:

Ajde Nole! :rocker2:

minh
12-05-2010, 12:48 PM
6-2 :d

kalisita
12-05-2010, 01:29 PM
:bounce: 1 set to go! :bounce:

Ajde Nole! :rocker2:

minh
12-05-2010, 01:35 PM
6-2 6-2 :d

kalisita
12-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Crap.

kalisita
12-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Back on serve! :bigclap:

kalisita
12-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Good hold. Time now for the rollercoaster to end.

Break him! End this! :armed:

kalisita
12-05-2010, 02:24 PM
2 MPs!

cobalt60
12-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Nole is playing incredibly well! It is fitting that the final DC should go to 5 rubbers!
Best of luck Serbian fans. Rose must be screaming her head off!!

kalisita
12-05-2010, 02:26 PM
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Nole coming up big for Serbia! :bowdown: NID! :cool:

Ajde Serbia! :rocker2:

shuhrat
12-05-2010, 02:30 PM
So so proud of my boy. :sobbing::sobbing:
Love you, Nole. :hug:

12-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Noley :hug:

Who's going to play? :scared: :sobbing:

shuhrat
12-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Noley :hug:

Who's going to play? :scared: :sobbing:
I guess it's Llodra vs Janko.
Gilles was in the stands 30 minutes ago.

Jade Fox
12-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Yay! I knew he could do it! Only match to go though... :scared:

kalisita
12-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Viktor vs Llodra according to TC. I think I would've chosen Tipsy but it's a difficult decision.

shuhrat
12-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Wow, totally unexpected choice. :eek::eek::eek:

kalisita
12-05-2010, 02:56 PM
I have to leave soon. :sobbing:

Ajde Viktor! :rocker2: Ajde Serbia! :rocker2::rocker2:

shuhrat
12-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Keep your composure and fight till the end! Ajde Viktor! :rocker2:

~Maya~
12-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Please don't choke Viktor :rocker2:

Lee
12-05-2010, 04:36 PM
hehe I knew Guy will play Llodra in the 5th rubber when he put Simon to play first and with Llodra playing, Viktor is a better much up

Ajde Viktor!!!! redeem yourself!

Naina
12-05-2010, 04:42 PM
wow... didn't expect viktor to play so well. carry on plz :worship:

Lee
12-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Wonder if Papa Troicki is there

Naina
12-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Double break :banana:

Naina
12-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Back to one break... :o

Lee
12-05-2010, 05:04 PM
don't fold Viktor!!!!!!

~Maya~
12-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Please Viktor, please Viktor, pleeeeeaaaaaassseee :sobbing:

Lee
12-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Llodra gave his all yesterday in doubles and there is nothing left in his gas tank. Viktor, just hang on there

Lee
12-05-2010, 05:11 PM
that is a very tight passing shot

Jade Fox
12-05-2010, 05:14 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :woohoo:

Billabong
12-05-2010, 05:16 PM
OMGGGG this is SICK!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHH:woohoo:!!!!!!!!!! Where can I find a stream to watch the ceremony, anyone:p???????

Marion29520
12-05-2010, 05:20 PM
what are they doing of Nole's hair ?:eek:

Jade Fox
12-05-2010, 05:22 PM
what are they doing of Nole's hair ?:eek:

The Serbs made a vow: If they win Davis Cup, they will all shave their heads.

Novak's apparently keeping his word. :lol:

Lee
12-05-2010, 05:22 PM
OMGGGG this is SICK!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHH:woohoo:!!!!!!!!!! Where can I find a stream to watch the ceremony, anyone:p???????

SEB'!!!!!!! sorry I don't have any link here

they shaved Nole's head already

Naina
12-05-2010, 05:23 PM
they said if they win they will shave their heads... didn't know they would do it on court :lol:

Well Done Boys.... You totally deserved it :worship:

france :hug:

Lee
12-05-2010, 05:24 PM
OMG can they do a worse job with Nole's head :sobbing:

Billabong
12-05-2010, 05:24 PM
SEB'!!!!!!!

they shaved Nole's head already

I KNOWWWW this is crazy:D!! I'm listening to radio, where can I watch it:D??? Jankovic is speaking at the moment:lol:

Lee
12-05-2010, 05:27 PM
I KNOWWWW this is crazy:D!! I'm listening to radio, where can I watch it:D??? Jankovic is speaking at the moment:lol:

I am using my iPad now so I don't have any link here. have you tried fromsport.com?

Marion29520
12-05-2010, 05:28 PM
you can try this stream
http://www.fromsport.com/v-0/12/82/v-128387.html

~Maya~
12-05-2010, 05:28 PM
OMG! I can't stop crying :woohoo:

Naina
12-05-2010, 05:29 PM
I hope Nole's hair is back by the time January rolls around :lol:

«Ivan»
12-05-2010, 05:30 PM
*crying like a rain*

Lee
12-05-2010, 05:34 PM
:hug: Maja and Ivan

shuhrat
12-05-2010, 05:43 PM
http://www.megalive.com/?v=1CPJROYZ&setlang=en

Livestream

Nole fan
12-05-2010, 05:45 PM
:woohoo: Congrats Nole! Congrats Serbia!!!! :woohoo:

Nole's hair is gone. :sad:

scoobs
12-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Congratulations everyone :D

Lee
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
OK Nole needs hair on his head. Viktor is the only one that's passable going bald

Nole fan
12-05-2010, 05:51 PM
The ceremony would have been far more enjoyable if I didn't have to stare at their shaved heads. :lol:

Nole fan
12-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Novak's shaved head doesn't look half bad. I can take it. :lol:

cobalt60
12-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Congrats guys :hatoff:

cheriamor
12-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Simply amazing! The head shaving I still don't get. (I thought that was a hazing thing)... but the matches today were awesome and the outcome... :) So happy!

Naina
12-05-2010, 06:08 PM
The ceremony would have been far more enjoyable if I didn't have to stare at their shaved heads. :lol:

I agree... I am glad Nole likes his hair :)

pica_pica
12-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm soooo happy at the moment! :D
What a fairy tale in the sports world! :)
Congrats! What a way to end the year :bounce:

Nole fan
12-05-2010, 06:26 PM
You know what makes me happier than anything?
That this could be the catalyst for Nole's success in the future. Slowly but surely he's getting there. Despite being a shit season he was very close to win another slam and won DC. He must work into that direction. His performance against Monfils today showed us that Nole 2007-08 is there somewhere waiting to come out. When he does, he will be a serious contender for every title.

cheriamor
12-05-2010, 06:31 PM
You know what makes me happier than anything?
That this could be the catalyst for Nole's success in the future. Slowly but surely he's getting there. Despite being a shit season he was very close to win another slam and won DC. He must work into that direction. His performance against Monfils today showed us that Nole 2007-08 is there somewhere waiting to come out. When he does, he will be a serious contender for every title.

His drive to win today was insane! He was on the whole match and even during Troicki's match he was screaming from the sidelines more than anyone. It was just :D

Amber Spyglass
12-05-2010, 06:36 PM
So proud of Nole, he went into every match this weekend with huuge pressure given the scoreline.He had to win on Friday or they would have been 2-0 down and lets face it, finished.Again today he had to win to keep the tie alive.Really cool performances given the pressure.

And big props to Viktor, he played amazing for most of the match yesterday,but choked when it got tight.To come back from that heartbreak and play the way he did toady was an unbelievable effort.I'm glad he was finally able to come through in a really big match without choking because when he's on and not nervous he's actually a really really good player.

AJDE Srbija :worship: :worship:

p.s To the hair Gods, please let their hair grow back ASAP

cheriamor
12-05-2010, 06:41 PM

YES PLEASE! Some of them look :help:! Nole even put on Tipsey's hat, but Ziki took it off! :lol:

Lee
12-05-2010, 06:42 PM
So proud of Nole, he went into every match this weekend with huuge pressure given the scoreline.He had to win on Friday or they would have been 2-0 down and lets face it, finished.Again today he had to win to keep the tie alive.Really cool performances given the pressure.

And big props to Viktor, he played amazing for most of the match yesterday,but choked when it got tight.To come back from that heartbreak and play the way he did toady was an unbelievable effort.I'm glad he was finally able to come through in a really big match without choking because when he's on and not nervous he's actually a really really good player.

AJDE Srbija :worship: :worship:

+1

especially the hair god part :lol:

Amber Spyglass
12-05-2010, 06:51 PM
+1

especially the hair god part :lol:

I mean if they had all just cut it to Obradovic's length it would have been ok.Nole's hair grows quick though so it will definitely be back by the new season, it'll just ruin any off season pics :o

Lee
12-05-2010, 06:54 PM
I mean if they had all just cut it to Obradovic's length it would have been ok.Nole's hair grows quick though so it will definitely be back by the new season, it'll just ruin any off season pics :o

why don't they did the shaving AFTER the ceremony :sobbing:

12-05-2010, 07:02 PM
:bigclap: :bounce: :bigclap:

So happy for them! They deserve it for all the effort they've put in from getting into the world group to making a comeback in the semis and the final :yeah:

And I'm even more happy that Viktor got to be the 'hero' this time :hug: It's amazing to see each of the guys getting a chance to perform and come through for the team in the deciding rubber over the course of the year! Hope this propels them to bigger and better things! :yeah:

Nole fan
12-05-2010, 07:09 PM
why don't they did the shaving AFTER the ceremony :sobbing:

That's what i thought. Now we'll have to see these pics over and over again. :sobbing:

.......edit.....

Guys are stupid that way. :rolleyes:

Amber Spyglass
12-05-2010, 07:15 PM
One piece of reassuring news ;)

Nole to Serbian media about haircut(via google translate)

"Auuu, but I'm ugly ... Never again I will not go bald," said Djokovic, while the camera recorded the RTS, adding[/I]

"But the agreement is respected," recalled the promise that all the players "become bald," in case of triumph.

mlle mila
12-05-2010, 07:19 PM
:sobbing: omg , i can't beleive they did it after yesterday loss.
I am so happy bravo serbia :worship: Nole :hug::clap2: about the hair , janko had so beautiful hair :tape:
finally a great trophy for Novak.

Lee
12-05-2010, 07:20 PM
One piece of reassuring news ;)

Nole to Serbian media about haircut(via google translate)

"Auuu, but I'm ugly ... Never again I will not go bald," said Djokovic, while the camera recorded the RTS, adding[/I]

"But the agreement is respected," recalled the promise that all the players "become bald," in case of triumph.

good to know :lol:

whether he will go bald or not again is not exactly up to him but base on what Papa and uncle Djokovic have on their head, I think Nole is safe ;)

Amber Spyglass
12-05-2010, 07:25 PM
good to know :lol:

whether he will go bald or not again is not exactly up to him but base on what Papa and uncle Djokovic have on their head, I think Nole is safe ;)

Lol so true :lol: I must say Srdjan has very impressive hair for his age lol, no fear of him going bald(and hence Nole :p)

Björki
12-05-2010, 07:25 PM
so happy Serbia won :awww: :bigclap:

EKSTREMISTA
12-05-2010, 08:21 PM
VIKTORija!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naš mali Rus servirao nam najslađu srpsku salatu u istoriji.
Vića je odigrao za deset i što je najvažnije-imao muda do poda.Izvukao je i Zimonjića koji je kao i u polufinalu protiv Čeha odigrao najslabije kad je bilo najpotrebnije.
Noletu svaka čast,ali ovo je Vićina pobeda.

http://vukajlija.com/posteri/salatara-49933.jpg?1291569146
http://www.index.hr/images2/TROICKI-SRBIJA-AFP76B.jpg
http://www.mondo.rs/slike/vesti/001/910/v191062p0.jpg
http://www.mondo.rs/slike/vesti/001/910/v191078p0.jpg

Nole fan
12-05-2010, 09:35 PM
They're still good-looking, all of them. :p

Farrow
12-05-2010, 10:54 PM
SRBIJA!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Haven't posted on MTF for a while but needed to today! SOOO happy for this victory!

Nole fan
12-05-2010, 11:11 PM
SRBIJA!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Haven't posted on MTF for a while but needed to today! SOOO happy for this victory!

Welcome back Farrow. :hug:

star
12-05-2010, 11:16 PM
I am so happy for Nole and the whole Serbian team. What a sweet, sweet victory.

One of Nole's big dreams is achieved. I hope for many more to come true.

:hug: :hug: to all Nole, Victor, Nenad, and Tipsy's loyal fans

Farrow
12-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Welcome back Farrow. :hug:

Thanks! :D

I feel so happy about this DC victory! I haven't been this happy about a tennis event since Nole won the AO! And it means so much to me because it means so much to Nole, to the team, and to all of Serbia. It was beautiful to see everybody celebrating :)

kalisita
12-06-2010, 12:29 AM
:bounce::woohoo::bounce:

So happy they won! Had an awful day. But this just made it better. Can't wait to watch. :D

Farrow
12-06-2010, 12:43 AM
:bounce::woohoo::bounce:

So happy they won! Had an awful day. But this just made it better. Can't wait to watch. :D

I feel like it has made everything better!!! I can't imagine how I'd feel if I was Serbian. Hope they're all having a great night! :D

Nole fan
12-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Imagine if we are in so high spirits here how must they be right now in Serbia? :woohoo:

I leave you two videos here that are priceless. First shows Novak being shaved. :o :lol:
Second shows Janko being shaved and also extensive footage of Nole shirtless and chest-shaved. :drool:
Such adorable clowns. :lol:

AJDE! :rocker:

pg7cv4LvreY&feature=player_embedded

0PWI_NP_pkI&feature=player_embedded

jeremda01
12-06-2010, 02:25 AM
serbia = champion TEAM!! and they proved it in style B-)

minh
12-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Congrats Serbia, Serbian pp. Your country is now well known on the world. I like Serbia though i'm not Serbian:-D. Congrats Serbian team. You are all the heros $ the pride of your country. Congraz Nole,with 2 impressive wins, a big contribution to the victory. Nole, you always the best in my heart.:-D. I as well all of your fans, we're proud of you

aeronatasha
12-06-2010, 09:58 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::bounce::bounce::hearts:

GROUP HUG!!

Man.. My heart sank as the decider approached. Nole was so fired up against Monfils, but I was so scared for the outcome of the fifth.

Have to say Troicki impressed the hell out of me.

Love my boys. The whole country is going nuts. :lol:

jchuabh
12-06-2010, 11:42 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::bounce::bounce::hearts:

GROUP HUG!!

Man.. My heart sank as the decider approached. Nole was so fired up against Monfils, but I was so scared for the outcome of the fifth.

Have to say Troicki impressed the hell out of me.

Love my boys. The whole country is going nuts. :lol:

Heartiest congrats to you and your country. :worship:

Must say I sank into the deepest funk after Saturday's dubs, and saw no way for either Tipsy or Victor to pull off the fifth rubber win. Figured Forget just had too many options. Right up until the last point, I kept thinking Troicki was gonna find a way to blow it. O me of little faith!:D

Also happy to note that Nole seems to be making short shrift of Monfils and Simon lately. No more titanic battles that would leave him running on empty in subsequent matches. A good sign for 2011.:)

<Crosses now nearly nail-less fingers.>

aeronatasha
12-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Thanks. :hug:
My sentiments exactly, I was in disbelief till that very last return.
So happy they pulled through, that doubles match and seeing Ziki's tears nearly finished me off.:awww:

EKSTREMISTA
12-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Ziki was awful.He should say: -Thank you Viktor for saving my ass,and not blaming the referees for his bad game on Saturday.

http://vukajlija.com/posteri/vesti-b92-50081.jpg?1291587881

http://vukajlija.com/posteri/mnogo-smo-jaki-50186.jpg?1291633586

Nole fan
12-06-2010, 03:25 PM

Must say I sank into the deepest funk after Saturday's dubs, and saw no way for either Tipsy or Victor to pull off the fifth rubber. Figured Forget just had too many options. Right up until the last point, I kept thinking Troicki was gonna find a way to blow it. Oh me of little faith!:D

Also happy to note that Nole seems to be making short shrift of Monfils and Simon lately. No more titanic battles that would leave him running on empty in subsequent matches. A good sign for 2011.:)

I think that has to do with his new serve. he has played for most part of the year without a strong serve or no serve at all and still managed to secure his #3 ranking. Next year should be completely different. He's playing bits of 2007-08, and that is showing in his victories. I also think the US Open was a taste of that. :D

So happy! :woohoo:

Crvena Zvezda
12-06-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm french but so happy of what happened yesterday :
1- because Srbija won clearly and not luckily
2- because despite everything Mr Gachassin (FRENCH TENNIS CHAIRMAN) told about Srbske audience (based on late soccer case), all was quite quiet and warm except some rare stupid whistling... and now french people cannot blame audience for their loss..

THIS IS TWO VICTORIES FOR SRBIJA AT THE SAME TIME : ON COURT AND AROUND THE COURT !

Forgot to tell I couldn't celebrate yesterday because my french friends were so down and I didn't want to kill them with my joy so I am so happy now to share my and your joy here and see so many strangers like me are keen on SRBIJA !!

Noleta
12-06-2010, 05:15 PM

Must say I sank into the deepest funk after Saturday's dubs, and saw no way for either Tipsy or Victor to pull off the fifth rubber. Figured Forget just had too many options. Right up until the last point, I kept thinking Troicki was gonna find a way to blow it. Oh me of little faith!:D

Same here:oI kepst thinking back at R1 of the us open,vs Nole,where Viktor was 2sets,and one break up,and still lost in 5:tape:But boy oh boy i never was happy to be wrong:lol:Feltt sorry for Llodra:awww:But ecstatic for Srbija:worship:

Sleepwalker64
12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Watch it live...but be fast
All tennis players in City Hall - it's covered live on RTS

mms://rts.videostreaming.rs/rts

or follow the link here..the first one
http://www.rts.rs/page/live/ci.html

Sleepwalker64
12-06-2010, 06:14 PM
:) Marko Djokovic and Ilija Bozoljac shaved their heads too

shuhrat
12-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Watch it live...but be fast
All tennis players in City Hall - it's covered live on RTS

mms://rts.videostreaming.rs/rts

or follow the link here..the first one
http://www.rts.rs/page/live/ci.html
Thank you!! :D

shuhrat
12-06-2010, 06:34 PM
His eyes are full of tears during the speech. :awww:

jchuabh
12-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Feltt sorry for Llodra:awww:But ecstatic for Srbija:worship:

You're a much, much better person than I am, obviously. I'm constitutionally incapable of feeling sorry for any of Nole's or Serbia's victims. Ever.

And I'm actually pretty fond of Monfils. In fact, if Nole hadn't come along, I would've probably become something of a Gaeltard. And within six months likely slashed my wrists or stuck my head in a running oven. Another reason I'm a grateful Nole fan; he's saved my life. :D

Amber Spyglass
12-06-2010, 06:43 PM
OMG that stream won't open for me :sad:

Nole fan
12-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Neither me. Waiting for a soul kind to post it in youtube.

shuhrat
12-06-2010, 06:51 PM
You're a much, much better person than I am, obviously. I'm constitutionally incapable of feeling sorry for any of Nole's or Serbia's victims. Ever.

And I'm actually pretty fond of Monfils. In fact, if Nole hadn't come along, I would've probably become something of a Gaeltard. And within six months likely slashed my wrists or stuck my head in a running oven. Another reason I'm a grateful Nole fan; he's saved my life. :D
:rolls::rolls:

Amber, Nina :hug:
Open Window Media Player -> Ctrl+U -> and paste the url ( mms://rts.videostreaming.rs/rts )

jchuabh
12-06-2010, 07:01 PM
I think that has to do with his new serve. he has played for most part of the year without a strong serve or no serve at all and still managed to secure his #3 ranking.

Nah, he used to struggle against Monfils for some reason; his three-set win over Gael at the Beijing Olympics left him less than fresh for the Nadal encounter the next day. Ditto his victory against Simon in last year's Shanghai Masters. These matches predated his serving woes.

I can understand why Gilles poses a problem for both him and Federer. The way I see it, Daddy Chicken Legs is really the poor man's Andy Murray, who in turn is the poor man's Nadal. All three of them are just human backboards who frustrate the living snot out of their opponents with 40-shot rallies. Not surprisingly, they all have a positive H2H with Federer.

The trick, as the Swiss showed at the recent WTF, is to shut them down real fast with a thumping serve/volley/drive before they can get into their groove. He's really honed that skill to a fine art under Annacone, it seems.

Who says you can't teach an old dog-face new tricks? ;)

Amber Spyglass
12-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Aleksa from twitter who is there live has made some tweets :)

Cannot believe this. Janko's voice broke down when he just called Nole, Viktor and Nenad his brothers. Cries. Viktor hugs him.

Incredible experience. They are holding hands. And I am a puddle on a harsh winter evening.

Janko: "I have my childhood friends. And I have Nole, Viktor and Ziki. I could have not asked for better in my life."

Nole: "The biggest moment of my life. And I experienced it with my best friends. However, I will never shave my head again." :lol:

shuhrat
12-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Too late to capture the picture when Nole/Marko/Djorle were on the screen. :(

Tommy_likes_me
12-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Congratulations to Serbia for a great win :cool:

Nole fan
12-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Nah, he used to struggle against Monfils for some reason; his three-set win over Gael at the Beijing Olympics left him less than fresh for the Nadal encounter the next day. Ditto his victory against Simon in last year's Shanghai Masters. These matches predated his serving woes.

I can understand why Gilles poses a problem for both him and Federer. The way I see it, Daddy Chicken Legs is really the poor man's Andy Murray, who in turn is the poor man's Nadal. All three of them are just human backboards who frustrate the living snot out of their opponents with 40-shot rallies. Not surprisingly, they all have a positive H2H with Federer.

The trick, as the Swiss showed at the recent WTF, is to shut them down real fast with a thumping serve/volley/drive before they can get into their groove. He's really honed that skill to a fine art under Annacone, it seems.

Who says you can't teach an old dog-face new tricks? ;)

That much is true, I took the same conclusion after WTF. I hope they didn't kill fedERROR for good, he was my favorite. :sad: