R'dam SF: Murray def Ancic 6/1 6/2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

R'dam SF: Murray def Ancic 6/1 6/2

Yves.
02-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Brilliant display from Murray, though Super Mario didn't play particularly well...

Total points won: Murray 58/90 | Ancic 32/90

Duncan
02-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Good enough performance Andy

Don't expect him to take to the court tomorrow though.

philosophicalarf
02-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Pretty devastating, given he was hobbling around on a duff ankle for the 2nd half of that last set.

Deathless Mortal
02-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Awful result for Mario :(

Clydey
Where is oranges? :haha:

Good performance from Andy. Didn't need to be at his best to win this one, but played a good match overall.

Concerned about his foot injury, though.

Byrd
Shitty performance from Ancic, Mr Miyagi is probably rolling in his grave. Well done Muzza.

Oh yea Escude, quote my post from the WWW thread...

Corey Feldman
02-14-2009, 01:20 PM
he's injured

Bilbo
02-14-2009, 01:20 PM
expected one

scoobs
02-14-2009, 01:21 PM
61 62 with some sort of injury problem is a good result but Ancic was utterly appalling, to be honest. Andy hit some good shots at times but most of the time allowing Ancic to miss was a rich source of points.

Concerned about how he'll shape up for the final though.

finishingmove
02-14-2009, 01:22 PM
mario did well to win 3 games here

VamosNadal175
02-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Monfils sick and Murray hurt

vamos :woohoo:

Lullaby
02-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Worried about that ankle

Amazing it takes an injury to get him out of passive mode though

Some of his aggressive hitting was devastating

Andi-M
02-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Murray welcome back, he was himself today for 1st time this week. to devestating effect for Ancic.

But cant believe he's hurt. I hope its not serious :kiss:

valexie03
02-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Mario looked soooooo tired

Corey Feldman
02-14-2009, 01:29 PM
even before today's match Murray has WD from Marseille next week

Matt01
02-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Ok, that was just sad :rolleyes:

Jadranka
02-14-2009, 01:30 PM
mario :hug:

adee-gee
02-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Demolition job.

Hope the ankle is ok. I hear he's pulled out of Marseille already, not sure if it's because of that or another reason. Doubt he'll play tomorrow to be honest, if there's one person you don't wanna play with an injury it's Nadal and that's who he'll most probably face in the final.

Andi-M
02-14-2009, 01:31 PM
even before today's match Murray has WD from Marseille next week

Good decision. Its only a 250 with Dubai, DC coming up soon he should rest.

michellej
02-14-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm glad I didn't pay to watch this sorry match. Ancic error after error and no change in game plan, Murray hobbling around and in obvious pain.

A sad affair.

Clydey
02-14-2009, 01:34 PM
I think oranges must have gone into hiding.

Acer
02-14-2009, 01:35 PM
That was embarrassing

MaryTavy
02-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Super Match from Andy. Concerned about the ankle though - it's the last thing he needs against Nadal whom he will be keen to play.

michellej
02-14-2009, 01:37 PM
And an Ironic headline from eurosport.com Murray marches into Rotterdam final

Hobbled maybe. The writer obviously didn't watch the match

Klaas_nalbandian
02-14-2009, 01:38 PM
some great shots by andy, other highlight was a smile on his face when he walked on the court with a little kid

oranges
02-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Clydey certainly earned bragging rights for this one, though nothing could stop him even when it was not warranted :p
Perfect opportunity to play a pressure free match, I don't quite get why Mario was so frustrated with poor start and continued piling up UEs. Shouldn't dwell on it too much, it was a good run and overall he's on track. He's canceled Marseille, so it's DC next.

orangehat
02-14-2009, 01:40 PM
really very poor from ancic today...

Clydey
02-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Clydey certainly earned bragging rights for this one, though nothing could stop him even when it was not warranted :p
Perfect opportunity to play a pressure free match, I don't quite get why Mario was so frustrated with poor start and continued piling up UEs. Shouldn't dwell on it too much, it was a good run and overall he's on track. He's canceled Marseille, so it's DC next.

I didn't earn anything. I can brag about being right, I suppose, but I don't like people who brag as though they were actually a factor in the outcome of the match.

Both Murray and Ancic have pulled out of Marseille for some reason. The tournament director must be going apeshit.

oranges
02-14-2009, 01:42 PM
I think oranges must have gone into hiding.

What a humongous, monumental tool you are :wavey:

TankingTheSet
02-14-2009, 01:42 PM
And an Ironic headline from eurosport.com Murray marches into Rotterdam final

Hobbled maybe. The writer obviously didn't watch the match

I watched only casually but Murray may barely have shown any signs of injury in the actual match. That doesn't mean he doesn't have an injury but obviously from the result you can judge he can still manage. Did anyone who watched the match closely actually see signs of injury from Murray (as opposed to only news/commentator saying it)?

Clydey
02-14-2009, 01:44 PM

Ancic is still better than Murray. :shrug:

Clydey
02-14-2009, 01:47 PM
I watched only casually but Murray may barely have shown any signs of injury in the actual match. That doesn't mean he doesn't have an injury but obviously from the result you can judge he can still manage. Did anyone who watched the match closely actually see signs of injury from Murray (as opposed to only news/commentator saying it)?

Yes, but it was late on, though. It was from about 3-0 in the second set. He began hobbling and it gradually seemed to get worse, until he eventually started going for more on his shots. Luckily he hit a bunch of first serves in the final game, as he seemed to be struggling badly by that time.

~*BGT*~
02-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Good enough performance Andy

Don't expect him to take to the court tomorrow though.

Wait, so he's gonna make the final and then probably pull out? Horrible. :o Nadal, Federer or Roddick would never do that. :rolleyes:

I know he is, but what did he do this time that was especially tool-ish?

Ancic is still better than Murray. :shrug:

So true. ;) :p

l_mac
02-14-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm disappointed and worried to hear about Andy's injury.

I couldn't watch the match, but will assume Ancic played horribly.

Clydey
02-14-2009, 01:52 PM

Nothing. She was so confident that Mario would win, so she's now lashing out because of how badly she got it wrong.

CescAndyKimi
02-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Lol, oranges, how embarrassing.

oranges
02-14-2009, 01:56 PM

You mean besides having the patience of a 1-year old? :p

decrepitude
02-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Wait, so he's gonna make the final and then probably pull out? Horrible. :o Nadal, Federer or Roddick would never do that. :rolleyes:

Don't take one poster's speculation for gospel. I would be very surprised if he pulled out - he got hammered by Djoko twice in 2007 because he played with an injury from the previous match.

Byrd
02-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Clydey your overdoing it with the baiting mate, pretty poor for your standard.

bizzle
02-14-2009, 02:02 PM
4 down...

Clydey
02-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Clydey your overdoing it with the baiting mate, pretty poor for your standard.

I'm not baiting. I'm just having a bit of fun at her expense after her prediction. I wouldn't have said another word about it if she hadn't called me a monumental tool. :lol:

In fact, my reply to her on the previous page was pretty civil.

~*BGT*~
02-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Nothing. She was so confident that Mario would win, so she's now lashing out because of how badly she got it wrong.

Her prediction isn't THAT off kilter, especially since the player she was backing had a 3-1 H2H and had beaten him the last two times they played AND had just come off a final.

You mean besides having the patience of a 1-year old? :p

Of course. :rolls:

Clydey
02-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Her prediction isn't THAT off kilter, especially since the player she was backing had a 3-1 H2H and had beaten him the last two times they played AND had just come off a final.

Those wins were in early 2008 when Andy was in the process of dropping out of the top 20.

More is being made out of this than is necessary. I'd had my fun after the second message. Put it this way, if Ancic had won oranges would have been out of control.

HarryMan
02-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Muzza on one leg schooled Ancic, what owning :haha:

Murray played very well though, he was keeping the points short for obvious reasons.

Good going Muzza, and hopefully for your future well being, I hope Monfils wins match against Nadal. If its Nadal, god help Muzza.

~*BGT*~
02-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Those wins were in early 2008 when Andy was in the process of dropping out of the top 20.

Didn't he beat Mario in the Marseille final though? :confused: But if you're talking about Miami, Mario wasn't even top 50 in early 2008 so that's even worse.

More is being made out of this than is necessary. I'd had my fun after the second message. Put it this way, if Ancic had won oranges would have been out of control.

As would I. :p

Clydey
02-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Didn't he beat Mario in the Marseille final though? :confused: But if you're talking about Miami, Mario wasn't even top 50 in early 2008 so that's even worse.

The point is that Murray wasn't half the player he is now. Ancic's ranking hadn't recovered, but he had physically recovered by that point and he had played plenty of matches. His ranking didn't reflect his form or his ability.

Andi-M
02-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Murray was moonballer at beginning of 2008 he was hitting his FH at about 10mph. Had no confidence in it at all.

Murray at >80% beats Ancic at 100%

oranges
02-14-2009, 02:27 PM

OMG, I can't beleive I'm responding, but care to enlighten the MTF masses that the bet was made during last years Wimbledon, meaning that Mario was close to his top game as he was finally playing for a couple of months in row and that even than I said your best bet was a non-GS on hard. You're the only one out of control and it was the only reason I entered that discussion in the first place and offered a bet. It's also the reason why you're a humongous, monumental tool.

Jōris
02-14-2009, 02:30 PM
I thought Ancic would have made the match closer, maybe he's injured or just complacent with the semis. Whatever the case, Murray was just too good today. Happy for him.

finishingmove
02-14-2009, 02:31 PM
the two of you should hook up for valentine

Clydey
02-14-2009, 02:32 PM
OMG, I can't beleive I'm responding, but care to enlighten the MTF masses that the bet was made during last years Wimbledon, meaning that Mario was close to his top game as he was finally playing for a couple of months in row and that even than I said your best bet was a non-GS on hard. You're the only one out of control and it was the only reason I entered that discussion in the first place and offered a bet. It's also the reason why you're a humongous, monumental tool.

So Ancic would have won had this been a GS?

Ok, just so we're clear. You think Ancic is a better player than Murray, correct?

Clydey
02-14-2009, 02:33 PM
the two of you should hook up for valentine

I'm too much man for her. :shrug:

You should know that, Arsen.

HarryMan
02-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Is it really necessary to keep arguing over some stupid bet?

Anyway...

I would like to read Andy's thoughts on his physical condition, and if you guys come accross his press statement, feel free to post it in this thread.

I hope this isn't something serious and if it is, then the last person you would like to face is Nadal. Hope his camp take the right decision (maybe also decide on the basis of the outcome of the Monfils - Nadal match).

I hate to see players get injured like this.

Clydey
02-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Is it really necessary to keep arguing over some stupid bet?

Anyway...

I would like to read Andy's thoughts on his physical condition, and if you guys come accross his press statement, feel free to post it in this thread.

I hope this isn't something serious and if it is, then the last person you would like to face is Nadal. Hope his camp take the right decision (maybe also decide on the basis of the outcome of the Monfils - Nadal match).

I hate to see players get injured like this.

I'm not arguing about it. Oranges insists on keeping it going. I poked a little fun at her (2 posts worth) and she went in a mood.

Murray said that he hurt his ankle against Gicquel and that he felt it at the start of the Ancic match, but that it seemed to get better as he warmed up and started to run around. He didn't give any real indication as to how much of a problem it will be tomorrow. This was from the Sky interview.

philosophicalarf
02-14-2009, 02:41 PM

It was pretty minor at the start of the match, although there was a wince on the very first point, and he was occasionally flexing the ankle all the way through the set. Didn't see any sign of restricted mobility though. However he was especially aggressive right from the beginning, very clearly going for short points.

By the end he was literally hobbling and trying to hit a winner pretty much any time he could - doesn't bode well at all for tomorrow.

HarryMan
02-14-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm not arguing about it. Oranges insists on keeping it going. I poked a little fun at her (2 posts worth) and she went in a mood.

Murray said that he hurt his ankle against Gicquel and that he felt it at the start of the Ancic match, but that it seemed to get better as he warmed up and started to run around. He didn't give any real indication as to how much of a problem it will be tomorrow. This was from the Sky interview.

Thanks a lot for the update Clydey. Hope he recovers from this injury quickly for tommorow's final. :)

Clydey
02-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks a lot for the update Clydey. Hope he recovers from this injury quickly for tommorow's final. :)

Here are some quotes.

On the match:

"I got lucky today. I was playing great and Mario was not on his best game.

I was hitting the ball well and made very few mistakes. It was tough for him. I'm very happy to come through.

I served well and returned well. I expected Mario to hold more service games, but I returned very well and the in the games where he held, I made him work hard.

It's the best I've played so far in the tournament and feel like I'm getting used to the court speed."

And on the ankle problem:

"I'll have the physio take a look but I'm hoping it will all be fine."

federernadalfan
02-14-2009, 02:46 PM
if murray has an ankle problem, the title is for rafa to take imo

Henry Chinaski
02-14-2009, 02:51 PM
There was allegedly a good chance Murray wasn't going to take the court for the Doha final as well and we know what happened there so let's wait and see.

HarryMan
02-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Here are some quotes.

On the match:

"I got lucky today. I was playing great and Mario was not on his best game.

I was hitting the ball well and made very few mistakes. It was tough for him. I'm very happy to come through.

I served well and returned well. I expected Mario to hold more service games, but I returned very well and the in the games where he held, I made him work hard.

It's the best I've played so far in the tournament and feel like I'm getting used to the court speed."

And on the ankle problem:

"I'll have the physio take a look but I'm hoping it will all be fine."

Thanks. It looked a lot worse than the way he mentions in this statement, so I think we could assume it isn't something serious? Atleast thats what I hope.

Andi-M
02-14-2009, 02:54 PM
There was allegedly a good chance Murray wasn't going to take the court for the Doha final as well and we know what happened there so let's wait and see.

He's a faker this Murray.....:devil:

Clydey
02-14-2009, 03:02 PM

This Murray is good.

bjurra
02-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Mario is such a super mug when he plays top players.

seljanin
02-14-2009, 03:10 PM

Oranges is she? I always thought that oranges is he.

oranges
02-14-2009, 03:14 PM
So Ancic would have won had this been a GS?

Ok, just so we're clear. You think Ancic is a better player than Murray, correct?

:rolleyes: Your dad is stronger than my dad and Murray is the best player ever, you win both pissing contests, on top of the actual bet.
Their matches in the future will be as one-sided as this one and you were right for jumping on all those other people who talked about matchups that might not be up his alley. The impudence of thinking, let alone saying anything else. :wavey:

Clydey
02-14-2009, 03:19 PM
:rolleyes: Your dad is stronger than my dad and Murray is the best player ever, you win both pissing contests, on top of the actual bet.
Their matches in the future will be as one-sided as this one and you were right for jumping on all those other people who talked about matchups that might not be up his alley. The impudence of thinking, let alone saying anything else. :wavey:

That's right, keeping just making stuff up and putting words in my mouth.

Later, dollface. :wavey:

Nidhogg
02-14-2009, 03:26 PM
I haven't seen any of Butthead's earlier matches this week, but I guess he stepped it up slighty today despite that injury to his ankle or whatever it was. Mario just looked completely off.

oranges
02-14-2009, 03:35 PM
That's right, keeping just making stuff up and putting words in my mouth.

Later, dollface. :wavey:

Well, you earned the bragging right with the bet and this is the way you like to brag, so :shrug: Giving me indigestion problems with another one of the "endearing terms" was not part of the bet, though, pea brain.

CescAndyKimi
02-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Wow oranges, you're a tosser.

Igaarg
02-14-2009, 04:14 PM
I couldn´t watch the match, I knew Murray was going to win, but 61 62:eek::eek:What happened there?

Foxy
02-14-2009, 04:30 PM

I believe it is true. There were numerous occasions when he was looking ill/injured and was playing like 120%. Here we call it "the syndrome of the dead fox". First I noticed it against Rafa in AO 2007. Since the second set he started touching his waist, making ugly faces and all the stuff you know, then he played 5 sets and ran like a gazella. Then recently, do you remember Abu Dhabi? Every single match the waist stiffness... Later Doha - he wouldn't play the final and then... boom. I don't believe this guy a bit. He is far ahead of the Djoker in that department.

roberthenman
02-14-2009, 04:30 PM
amazing Andy :fiery::fiery::fiery:

l_mac
02-14-2009, 04:31 PM
I believe it is true. There were numerous occasions when he is looking ill/injured and is playing like 120%. Here we call it "the syndrome of the dead fox". First I noticed it against Rafa in AO 2007. Since the second set he started touching his waist, making ugly faces and all the stuff you know, then he played 5 sets and ran like a gazella. Then recently, do you remember Abu Dhabi? Every single match the waist streching... Doha - he wouldn't play the final and then... boom. I don't believe this guy a bit. He is far ahead of the Djoker in that department.

:confused:

No, wait. I change my point to :retard:

Byrd
02-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Too much Muzza hate, the guy hasn't done anything bad but people are looking for stuff that isn't there.

Foxy
02-14-2009, 04:54 PM
:confused:

No, wait. I change my point to :retard:

Don't pretend to be confused! Oh, please. :smash: You know exactly what I mean. And it is true. We all know your hatred towards the Djoker. But Muzza is the superior faker. Just take it and go home.

Just for the record I like both Muzza and Djoker as players.
I see it that way. And nobody can change my opinion.

Clydey
02-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Don't pretend to be confused! Oh, please. :smash: You know exactly what I mean. And it is true. We all know your hatred towards the Djoker. But Muzza is the superior faker. Just take it and go home.

At least you're keeping an open mind.

Dini
02-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Ancic that was so ugly. Pathetic performance.

But well done to Murray for not having those usual lapses of concentration.

Horatio Caine
02-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Well start Mario. :lol:

A solid week for Muzza...hopefully the ankle/foot isn't as bad as reported. Not overly happy with his decision to withdraw from Marseille (although had he made the decision now, he'd have a clear excuse)...why make such stupid scheduling decisions (to play non-stop through to the end of March) in the first place? :rolleyes: Now he'll probably get a "0 pointer."

NinaNina19
02-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Who's injuried? Andy or Mario?

Clydey
02-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Who's injuried? Andy or Mario?

Andy. Ankle problem.

freeandlonely
02-14-2009, 05:33 PM
awful from Mario, sad...

petar_pan
02-14-2009, 05:43 PM
bravo mario,semis and beat simon is great after all problems.

Corey Feldman
02-14-2009, 05:47 PM
I believe it is true. There were numerous occasions when he was looking ill/injured and was playing like 120%. Here we call it "the syndrome of the dead fox". First I noticed it against Rafa in AO 2007. Since the second set he started touching his waist, making ugly faces and all the stuff you know, then he played 5 sets and ran like a gazella. Then recently, do you remember Abu Dhabi? Every single match the waist stiffness... Later Doha - he wouldn't play the final and then... boom. I don't believe this guy a bit. He is far ahead of the Djoker in that department.what an opportunist

HeretiC
02-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Couldn't see the match, only highlights, but from what a saw Mario was making some awful UE's and knowing how consistent he can be (even in that area) I am picturing him making similar ones during the whole match.

Andi-M
02-14-2009, 06:13 PM
I believe it is true. There were numerous occasions when he was looking ill/injured and was playing like 120%. Here we call it "the syndrome of the dead fox". First I noticed it against Rafa in AO 2007. Since the second set he started touching his waist, making ugly faces and all the stuff you know, then he played 5 sets and ran like a gazella. Then recently, do you remember Abu Dhabi? Every single match the waist stiffness... Later Doha - he wouldn't play the final and then... boom. I don't believe this guy a bit. He is far ahead of the Djoker in that department.

:haha: :haha:

LinkMage
02-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Mugray match thread = 100 posts by Clydey

NID :p

Clydey
02-14-2009, 06:30 PM

Any tournament = 100 result threads started by Linkmage.

NID.

l_mac
02-14-2009, 07:24 PM

I changed my confused smilie to :retard: I stand by it.

Just for the record, you are one of MTF's most clownish posters and someone I wish supported Federer :D :wavey:

tangerine_dream
02-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Poor MonoMario. :sad:

HattonWBA
02-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Good performance, now faces Rafa in the final

Foxy
02-14-2009, 07:58 PM
I changed my confused smilie to :retard: I stand by it.

Just for the record, you are one of MTF's most clownish posters and someone I wish supported Federer :D :wavey:

Sorry, I have no time to argue with a fangirl who is interested only in players' a$$es and not tennis itself. :ignore:

Igaarg
02-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Murray faker? I don´t think so. Nadal is THE faker. And Djoko deserves an special mention.

Foxy
02-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Murray faker? I don´t think so. Nadal is THE faker. And Djoko deserves an special mention.

Don't forget The Monoman as well.

Corey Feldman
02-14-2009, 09:24 PM
so who is not a faker thesedays?

finishingmove
02-14-2009, 09:26 PM

stepanek

Igaarg
02-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Don't forget The Monoman as well.

Noooo, he is not even close.

Igaarg
02-14-2009, 09:30 PM

Lot of players.

Corey Feldman
02-14-2009, 09:31 PM
stepanek
nope, faked v Verdasco in Aussie Open to try and hide embaressment of 6-0 6-0 sets

leng jai
02-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Any tournament = 100 result threads started by Linkmage.

NID.

True.

True.

l_mac
02-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Sorry, I have no time to argue with a fangirl who is interested only in players' a$$es and not tennis itself. :ignore:
OMG, I suppose that means you won't respond to this post. :bigcry:

I am devastated.

You are probably the most clueless Rafa fan at MTF. Every post I read is an embarrassment. I wish you would stop posting here, fanboi. Have you tried Rafa's OS?

stepanek

:lol:

ChinoRios4Ever
02-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Muzza :yeah: