Rotterdam QF: Gael 'The Fighter' Monfils def Julien Benneteau 7-6, 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rotterdam QF: Gael 'The Fighter' Monfils def Julien Benneteau 7-6, 6-1

rhinooooo
02-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Surprised no one posted this. I'm guessing most have been unable to comprehend what an incredible match this was. A titanic struggle between two legends of the game.

What a fighter Gael. From 2-5 down in the first to winning the match. He was dying out there. Suffering from a magical illness, then suddenly rose to battle, and produced a stunning performance. :worship:

This wasn't a tennis match. This was an epic to be adored. A tale to be told to your grandchildren, a 'where were you moment' that shall transcend the ages.

I hope to pass on this resilience to my children. When in trouble or strife - always channel the spirit of the faker. :worship:

Machiavelli
02-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Julien proved yesterday that he is the mug of all the french choker mugs, up 5-2* and then gifting the break to this stretcher Mugfils, Julien was up a mini break twice in the breaker but serving like Francesca Schiavone, and then self-distructed easily, one of the uggliest matches I have ever seen, errorfest in the second from this joke of a player Benneteau....

Marc Gicquel is a GOAT for these two clowns...

Ouragan
02-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Better Monfils passed, since he at least has chances of beating a poorly motivated Nadal (you wonder, why is he battling it out in these small tourneys when he's already won it all?) in the semis.

Yves.
02-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Monfils is a strange guy, he made so many UEs in the first until 5-2*, then suddenly he played brilliantly. Iwas in Ahoy, there wasn't much crowd left after Nadal-Tsonga :p

flexeter
02-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Julien proved yesterday that he is the mug of all the french choker mugs, up 5-2* and then gifting the break to this stretcher Mugfils, Julien was up a mini break twice in the breaker but serving like Francesca Schiavone, and then self-distructed easily, one of the uggliest matches I have ever seen, errorfest in the second from this joke of a player Benneteau....

Marc Gicquel is a GOAT for these two clowns...

how much did you bet on julien? :wavey:

HattonWBA
02-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Julien was discraceful, Monfils fought well though

Truc
02-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Monfils was sick, give him a break. He came through somehow and kept it quite short. Not so long ago he would have lost this match or at least been annoying as hell on the court.
Benneteau was embarrassing indeed.