02-14-2009, 01:38 AM
its 3 and 4 in the tiebreak i think.

Ivanatis
Thomaz :yeah:

win it all now :music:

Yves.
Tommy is way too big for Bellucci. But a nice win here, although Gil didn't really show mental strength...:o

FilipeMB
02-14-2009, 01:39 AM
if thomaz end up winning robredo, it will be big.
but unfortunately, only one week.

virex
02-14-2009, 01:40 AM
What´s the TB scores??

7-6 (7-3) and 7-6 (7-4)

Snoo Foo
02-14-2009, 01:41 AM
:eek: I never* saw somebody play so messy and still win in straights... tommy will make liverwurst out of him :(

*ok prolly I have but I can't remember when, off the top of my head

roberthenman
02-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Congratulation Thoomaz for the first atp final :worship:
Gl tomorrow ,,,

Henry Chinaski
02-14-2009, 01:44 AM
I guess this guy must've improved his cackhand since last week

TankingTheSet
02-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Gil was exhausted at the end, I guess playing two weeks straight caught up with him. Despite the close scoreline when Gil's level dropped in the middle of the second set it was obvious who the winner was.

Voo de Mar
02-14-2009, 01:45 AM
Bellucci :yeah: Now beat Tommy "Podemos" Robredo!

After watching all Bellucci matches this week (4 singles + 2 doubles) I think he has solid game to play well on the hardcourts. Someone earlier wrote he has nice clay-court game and I disagreed with this opinion... He's at the beginning of career on the main level but with time he should develop as a hard-courter with this serve and forehand. The guy neeeds to improve backhand down the line though, very inconsistent shot. It can be inconsistant especially against pushers like Gil but in the matches against right-handed players with hard forehand cross or hard backhand down the line, the backhand side of Bellucci would be a provider of points for the opponents. Lucky Bellucci that he didn't play against Almagro, I think it would have been much more tougher than against Gil.

GlennMirnyi
02-14-2009, 01:47 AM
Bellucci is so limited. Congrats to him for making his first ATP final though.

Yves.

After watching all Bellucci matches this week (4 singles + 2 doubles) I think he has solid game to play well on the hardcourts. Someone earlier wrote he has nice clay-court game and I disagreed with this opinion... He's at the beginning of career on the main level but with time he should develop as a hard-courter with this serve and forehand. The guy neeeds to improve backhand down the line though, very inconsistent shot. It can be inconsistant especially against pushers like Gil but in the matches against right-handed players with hard forehand cross or hard backhand down the line, the backhand side of Belluci would be a provider of points for the opponets. Lucky Bellucci he didn't play against Almagro, I think it would have been much more tougher than against Gil.

Is doubles also streamed?

Henry Chinaski
His massive swings and joke returns won't help him on hardcourts. I watched him on hard a few times and he had no power in that fh whatsoever.

Snoo Foo
02-14-2009, 01:48 AM
one doubles match was on last night but I don't think either was streamed today :shrug:

GlennMirnyi
02-14-2009, 01:51 AM

After watching all Bellucci matches this week (4 singles + 2 doubles) I think he has solid game to play well on the hardcourts. Someone earlier wrote he has nice clay-court game and I disagreed with this opinion... He's at the beginning of career on the main level but with time he should develop as a hard-courter with this serve and forehand. The guy neeeds to improve backhand down the line though, very inconsistent shot. It can be inconsistant especially against pushers like Gil but in the matches against right-handed players with hard forehand cross or hard backhand down the line, the backhand side of Bellucci would be a provider of points for the opponets. Lucky Bellucci he didn't play against Almagro, I think it would have been much more tougher than against Gil.

Mate, have you ever watched him on HC? Can't put any power on the groundstrokes - too big swings.

Voo de Mar
02-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Is doubles also streamed?

Yes.

Yves.
02-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Yes.

Cool, didn't know that :yeah:

Voo de Mar
02-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Mate, have you ever watched him on HC? Can't put any power on the groundstrokes - too big swings.

Yes, only once against Del Potro at the US Open. There weren't too many occasions to watch him out there. But the fact he was able to win on hardcourts sets 6-1 over Verdasco or 6-2 over Hrbaty says something about his potential on this surface. But if you say about too big swings I think it's a bigger problem for Ancic who somehow well deals with this problem on hardcourts.

Anyway I don't consider Bellucci as a all-clay court player and expect him this year in the 3rd round in two out of four Masters Series events on this surface.

GugaF1
02-14-2009, 02:01 AM
I agree with Voo, Belucci can develop into a good hard court player but is going to take sometime. Like a few other clay court players, it takes a while to make the necessary adjustments. And he is going to need to cut the size of that swing a lot. It will be similar to Nadal, Both lefties who also used to have huge similar swings when first came out. And who delepoed on clay. Although I hardly believe he is going to have nearly the same success as the Spaniard. But a progress on other surfaces is going to be likely. Guga was very similar and looked very green on Hard courts at first.

Meanwhile on clay, I think he is problably going to be a player to be reckon with on the short term. He has just huge power, and he accelerates the ball so much when he gets his strokes correctly. That he can put most players on the defense right away. So it will be interesting to see the final with Robredo, who is a much more consitent player. But I have no doubt about, that Bellucci os going to be the attacking one...

habibko
02-14-2009, 02:06 AM
good match from Bellucci, he killed Gil with the drop shots today which was a great choice of shots since Gil is playing 5 kilometers behind the baseline.

Henry Chinaski
02-14-2009, 02:09 AM
Drop shots are going to have to be unreal against the 2nd best mover on clay in the final.

Also Robredo's favourite inside out fh will be going to Bel's weakness so it's potentially a tough match up for him.

Voo de Mar
02-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Bellucci isn't as stupid as I initially thought watching his match against Kubot. I thought he is a frivolous ball basher. But he can think on the court though. Against players with flatter baseline game (Kubot, Ferrero) he was serving harder to avoid many rallies. Today was serving with bigger kick and was going to the net more often because Gil hasn't weapons to finish the points with aggressive strokes from the baseline.

KaiserT
02-14-2009, 02:18 AM
Well done Thomas, although still to be convinced you're not a hugely erratic ballbasher with a nice drop ;)

Fancy Tommy to work the kid over tommorow though.

shotgun
02-14-2009, 03:33 AM
:eek: First ATP final for a Brazilian since Mello won Delray Beach in 2004. Congrats Thomaz.

GlennMirnyi
02-14-2009, 04:19 AM
Yes, only once against Del Potro at the US Open. There weren't too many occasions to watch him out there. But the fact he was able to win on hardcourts sets 6-1 over Verdasco or 6-2 over Hrbaty says something about his potential on this surface. But if you say about too big swings I think it's a bigger problem for Ancic who somehow well deals with this problem on hardcourts.

Anyway I don't consider Bellucci as a all-clay court player and expect him this year in the 3rd round in two out of four Masters Series events on this surface.

Verdasco flew in from Umag to Canada, wasn't it? I watched the match, it was an error-fest from Verdasco, not a good opportunity to compare.

Drop shots are going to have to be unreal against the 2nd best mover on clay in the final.

Also Robredo's favourite inside out fh will be going to Bel's weakness so it's potentially a tough match up for him.

Boredo's FH inside-out will go to Bellucci's forehand, his best shot... :shrug:

Voo de Mar
02-14-2009, 04:40 AM
Verdasco flew in from Umag to Canada, wasn't it? I watched the match, it was an error-fest from Verdasco, not a good opportunity to compare.

I didn't think about it... Anyway 6-4 1-6 5-7 3-6 is a decent scoreline against Del Potro who was on fire then. I didn't see the whole match though...
Bellucci is a complete rookie. What he is playing? Just 15th ATP tournament. Federer with similar experiences on this level lost to Sarstrand in qualies to Stockholm (who knows this Swede?) and Nadal to a joke player like Ascione. Bellucci has time to improve but I consider his serve and forehand as serious weapons. Obviously he's limited but as I said, with improving backhand down the line he should be a decent hardcourt player, not an all-clay courter.

GlennMirnyi
02-14-2009, 05:09 AM
I didn't think about it... Anyway 6-4 1-6 5-7 3-6 is a decent scoreline against Del Potro who was on fire then. I didn't see the whole match though...
Bellucci is a complete rookie. What he is playing? Just 15th ATP tournament. Federer with similar experiences on this level lost to Sarstrand in qualies to Stockholm (who knows this Swede?) and Nadal to a joke player like Ascione. Bellucci has time to improve but I consider his serve and forehand as serious weapons. Obviously he's limited but as I said, with improving backhand down the line he should be a decent hardcourt player, not an all-clay courter.

Okay, he's a rookie, but still he doesn't have a game for those courts. When you see him against heavier punchers on faster courts we will talk again. :)

Voo de Mar
02-14-2009, 05:13 AM
We'll see what he shows in Indian Wells and Miami if he shows anything. I'm afraid with his ranking from the end of January he is going to play qualies in both tournaments.

Smoke944
02-14-2009, 05:17 AM
I saw him lose to Alejandro Falla in Indy last year. :p I don't envision particularly big things for him on hard courts. ;)
If he proves me wrong, more power to him :yeah:

Guille.
02-14-2009, 10:22 AM
:woohoo:

HattonWBA
02-14-2009, 12:16 PM
congragulations to Bellucci

Fizz
02-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Thomaz :yeah:

Deivid23
02-14-2009, 03:30 PM
After watching all Bellucci matches this week (4 singles + 2 doubles) I think he has solid game to play well on the hardcourts. Someone earlier wrote he has nice clay-court game and I disagreed with this opinion... He's at the beginning of career on the main level but with time he should develop as a hard-courter with this serve and forehand.

:haha: Amazing :worship:

Henry Chinaski
02-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Voo, is having such an obsessed stalker flattering or disturbing? maybe a bit of both?