Brownie
02-13-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm hoping Ancic:yeah:

Thanos
02-13-2009, 03:14 PM
murray

orangehat
02-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Definitely Ancic. Murray was absolutely horrible against gicquel. I mean, he had to wait for the 3rd set to get a break? against gicquel? that's really pathetic. no chance against ancic if he plays like that.

Bilbo
02-13-2009, 03:19 PM
A. Murray

kyleskywalker007
02-13-2009, 03:21 PM
I just hope Ancic can pull the upset....

finishingmove
02-13-2009, 03:25 PM
ancic could do it, if his head doesn't get in the way

Corey Feldman
02-13-2009, 03:27 PM
you better wins that match Andy

dylan24
02-13-2009, 03:41 PM
murray in 2

HattonWBA
02-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Hope Murray but the way he is playing i think mario will beat him

Clydey
02-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Definitely Ancic. Murray was absolutely horrible against gicquel. I mean, he had to wait for the 3rd set to get a break? against gicquel? that's really pathetic. no chance against ancic if he plays like that.

Did you watch the match? Obviously not. Gicquel was serving out of a tree. Murray was hitting the ball well. Gicquel was just serving incredibly well.

Ancic has no chance.

roberthenman
02-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Murray in 2

Clydey
02-13-2009, 03:58 PM
you better wins that match Andy

He will. Not a doubt in my mind. Murray played pretty well today, which people don't realise because they judge based on the score. They don't seem to grasp that Gicquel was serving out of his mind. The only problem with Murray's game today was his 1st serve percentage. He was actually hitting the ball well.

Clydey
02-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Hope Murray but the way he is playing i think mario will beat him

I don't have a clue what match you guys were watching if you think Andy was playing badly. He obviously didn't play his best, but it was a half decent performance apart from his 1st serve.

MsTree
02-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Andy in three :)

samanosuke
02-13-2009, 04:09 PM
it's hard to say to me but ancic don't have any chance, murray is other world for mario, he is much more completed player then ancic is but hope dies last

Smoke944
02-13-2009, 04:12 PM
He will. Not a doubt in my mind. Murray played pretty well today, which people don't realise because they judge based on the score. They don't seem to grasp that Gicquel was serving out of his mind. The only problem with Murray's game today was his 1st serve percentage. He was actually hitting the ball well.

Good on you for telling it the way it is.

Venle
02-13-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm hoping for Ancic, so he in three.

CrossCourt13
02-13-2009, 04:22 PM
it's hard to say to me but ancic don't have any chance, murray is other world for mario, he is much more completed player then ancic is but hope dies last

If it was that simple Karlovic would never beat anyone.
He's got a chance, but not if he plays like today. He'll have to go for his shots like Gicquel did today, attack Muzza's 2nd serve and serve well himself. Don't think he can put it all together just yet tho.
Murray in 3.

ronpon
02-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Did you watch the match? Obviously not. Gicquel was serving out of a tree. Murray was hitting the ball well. Gicquel was just serving incredibly well.

Ancic has no chance.

I saw the match and the thing that concerned me was the low % of first serves plus the attitude of Murray. Although he is not back to his ill tempered and foul mouthed outburts of last year, it's hard to warm to the guy. He really has a poor attitude which is I feel hindering his performance.

oranges
02-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Time for me and clydey to settle a debt, you get the preferred surface, it's not a GS either and the timing works for you too. I'll still back my guy. He has the formula for Muzz
*secret* He can serve better than Gicquel, among other things

Clydey
02-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Time for me and clydey to settle a debt, you get the preferred surface, it's not a GS either and the timing works for you too. I'll still back my guy. He has the formula for Muzz
*secret* He can serve better than Gicquel, among other things

You talk like Ancic doesn't like indoor hard. It's an ideal surface for both players. Not a doubt in my mind who will win. Of course you can continue to delude yourself and think that Ancic is a better player than Murray. :p

Regardless of the result, it won't change anything. Even if Ancic were to feed Murray a double bagel, it still wouldn't make him a better player. That said, I'm going for Murray in 2.

And yes, Ancic can serve better than Gicquel if we're talking in general terms. Will he serve better than Gicquel did today? No.

oranges
02-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Well, you'll have to post why people might not be that impressed with genius Muzz, that's sweet enough cherry on top :p

Clydey
02-13-2009, 05:09 PM
I saw the match and the thing that concerned me was the low % of first serves plus the attitude of Murray. Although he is not back to his ill tempered and foul mouthed outburts of last year, it's hard to warm to the guy. He really has a poor attitude which is I feel hindering his performance.

His results suggest otherwise. On the contrary, he has shown consistently how mentally tough he is. The only minor concern, as far as I'm concerned, was the shocking first serve percentage.

Clydey
02-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Well, you'll have to post why people might not be that impressed with genius Muzz, that's sweet enough cherry on top :p

That post made no sense to me at all.

What do you mean?

oranges
02-13-2009, 05:18 PM
That post made no sense to me at all.

What do you mean?

That was the bet, you get bragging rights, I get that. You harassed me with it while he was sick every two days, but now you have no idea :rolleyes:

Clydey
02-13-2009, 05:26 PM
That was the bet, you get bragging rights, I get that. You harassed me with it while he was sick every two days, but now you have no idea :rolleyes:

No, I mean I didn't understand the post. The wording made no sense.

And I didn't harass you about anything. I said that Murray is a better player than Ancic. And he quite clearly is. The fact that you think otherwise is clear evidence that you are delusional.

But sure, bragging rights are up for grabs. Not that I understand why they're up for grabs. Neither of us will play any part in the match, so who knows what the hell we'll be bragging about. :shrug:

Andi-M
02-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Clydey, come on Murray played extemely passive 1st 2 sets, he can do alot better.

His oppenant i agree served extremely well, but Murray's return game was non existant he was dumping 2nd serve returns into the net.

He played OK, but he's gonna have to up it against Ancic.

philosophicalarf
02-13-2009, 05:33 PM
With his serve on a surface this quick, Ancic should never be under-rated. Especially with a win over someone as good as Simon, who has a lot of similarities with Murray, he definitely has some chance.

Of course if Murray plays top class, he's almost certain to win - ultimately he's a clearly better player than Ancic. Just need a few points substandard though, and a couple of sets are gone.

Clydey
02-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Clydey, come on Murray played extemely passive 1st 2 sets, he can do alot better.

His oppenant i agree served extremely well, but Murray's return game was non existant he was dumping 2nd serve returns into the net.

He played OK, but he's gonna have to up it against Ancic.

I disagree. I have seen Andy be so much more passive than that. And he only put a few second serve returns into the net. He also hit a lot of winners off the second serve and generally won a lot of points off of it. Was it his best ever performance? Clearly not. He was nowhere near as bad some are making out, though. Even Murray said himself that he played pretty well. If he reproduces that performance, he'll beat Ancic comfortably. Mario wasn't exactly unplayable today. He doesn't need to be at his best to beat Ancic.

Certinfy
02-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Murray in 3.

oranges
02-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Oh God, what a dimwit, the bet came about because you were astonished beyond belief at the prospect of anyone beating him and I offered a bet that Mario would, talking about delusional. You relished (does that sit better with you) bringing it up when he was not playing quite a few times.

Clydey
02-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh God, what a dimwit, the bet came about because you were astonished beyond belief at the prospect of anyone beating him and I offered a bet that Mario would, talking about delusional. You relished (does that sit better with you) bringing it up when he was not playing quite a few times.

You're flatout lying. I was astonished at the prospect of anyone beating Murray? Hardly. I'm under no illusions. Murray is the 4th best player in the world. Nothing more, nothing less. Until he proves otherwise. I don't make excessively lofty predictions. I wasn't even one of the many people predicting that he would win the AO. I'm a realist. You, on the other hand, refuse to concede that Murray is a better player than Ancic. You can't get much more delusional than that.

Andi-M
02-13-2009, 05:49 PM
I disagree. I have seen Andy be so much more passive than that. And he only put a few second serve returns into the net. He also hit a lot of winners off the second serve and generally won a lot of points off of it. Was it his best ever performance? Clearly not. He was nowhere near as bad some are making out, though. Even Murray said himself that he played pretty well. If he reproduces that performance, he'll beat Ancic comfortably. Mario wasn't exactly unplayable today. He doesn't need to be at his best to beat Ancic.

I have no problems with his serve he was hitting his 1st and 2nd serves pretty agressive. Higher % would be great but not necessary to bt Ancic.

Its his return game. Poor imo, didnt break till 1st game 3rd set. This is Murray's strength. Its not as if Gicquel was hitting 80% 1st serves, it was only 58% Murray too passive on return!

Clydey
02-13-2009, 05:54 PM
I have no problems with his serve he was hitting his 1st and 2nd serves pretty agressive. Higher % would be great but not necessary to bt Ancic.

Its his return game. Poor imo, didnt break till 1st game 3rd set. This is Murray's strength. Its not as if Gicquel was hitting 80% 1st serves, it was only 58% Murray too passive on return!

58% is not an accurate reflection on how he was serving. Gicquel missed a shitload of first serves after the injury. That brought his % way down.

Pfloyd
02-13-2009, 06:22 PM
I think Ancic might clinch this.

Murray hasn't been too well on this surface for some reason.

Byrd
02-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Bad match-up, surprised no one else has seen this.

Murray better baseline player
Murray's return of serve negates Ancic's serve
Murray's counter-punching fucks Ancic over at the net

Murray is also a better version of Simon, which Ancic struggled with.

Corey Feldman
02-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Bad match-up, surprised no one else has seen this.

Murray better baseline player
Murray's return of serve negates Ancic's serve
Murray's counter-punching fucks Ancic over at the net

Murray is also a better version of Simon, which Ancic struggled with. ... and Yet Ancic beat him twice in a row last season

Byrd
02-13-2009, 06:37 PM
... and Yet Ancic beat him twice in a row last season

I swear you like bringing up points which don't have any weight in arguments, let me guess, this was when Murray was playing no where near the level he is playing now. Don't worry, I'm not going to jinx McHaggis.

Corey Feldman
02-13-2009, 06:39 PM
I swear you like bringing up points which don't have any weight in arguments, let me guess, this was when Murray was playing no where the level he is playing now. Don't worry, I'm not going to jinx McHaggis.and havnt you seen how crap Murray has been playing here this week?

anyway, i think Andy will win this match

Clydey
02-13-2009, 06:40 PM
I swear you like bringing up points which don't have any weight in arguments, let me guess, this was when Murray was playing no where near the level he is playing now. Don't worry, I'm not going to jinx McHaggis.

Careful. The BBC will call you a racist and make you issue a public apology for that comment.

Clydey
02-13-2009, 06:40 PM
and havnt you seen how crap Murray has been playing here this week?

Of course he will. Nothing to worry about, cutiepie. :hug:

Byrd
02-13-2009, 06:42 PM
and havnt you seen how crap Murray has been playing here this week?

Don't worry Fella, it will be alright, have confidence in Muzza.

Careful. The BBC will call you a racist and make you issue a public apology for that comment.

The BBC can fuck off.

guga2120
02-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Murray in 2. He is playing like crap though.

HattonWBA
02-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Toss a coin, Murray is heads, double headed coin, Murray win - 3 sets

oranges
02-14-2009, 11:13 AM
You're flatout lying. I was astonished at the prospect of anyone beating Murray? Hardly. I'm under no illusions. Murray is the 4th best player in the world. Nothing more, nothing less. Until he proves otherwise. I don't make excessively lofty predictions. I wasn't even one of the many people predicting that he would win the AO. I'm a realist. You, on the other hand, refuse to concede that Murray is a better player than Ancic. You can't get much more delusional than that.

Lying? :haha: You mind must have been clouded more than usual after that Wimby win and before the spanking by Nadal and it's all in a haze by now. Too refresh your memory, I only entered the discussion after you jumped on five other people who were speculating about different mathcups. Perhaps you should use search to refresh your own memory. It wasn't a who's a better player pissing contest to begin with and if you want to make it one, I suggest waiting at least until the other one has a healthy year and regains his ranking if you don't want to appear desperate to have a point in a discussion that never was. (Needless to say, had I known your better back then, I wouldn't have bothered entering the discussion at all. Perhaps the delusions of over-grandeur are exactly what you need)

jonny84
02-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Andy should win this comfortably in two sets I think.

Clydey
02-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Lying? :haha: You mind must have been clouded more than usual after that Wimby win and before the spanking by Nadal and it's all in a haze by now. Too refresh your memory, I only entered the discussion after you jumped on five other people who were speculating about different mathcups. Perhaps you should use search to refresh your own memory. It wasn't a who's a better player pissing contest to begin with and if you want to make it one, I suggest waiting at least until the other one has a healthy year and regains his ranking if you don't want to appear desperate to have a point in a discussion that never was. (Needless to say, had I known your better back then, I wouldn't have bothered entering the discussion at all. Perhaps the delusions of over-grandeur are exactly what you need)

So I was arguing about how Murray was unbeatable after the Gasquet win, even though I expected Nadal to hammer him (which he did)? Ancic is perfectly healthy just now. It doesn't even matter how healthy he is or even whether he is juicing, he isn't better than Murray. I put this little challenge to people who subscribe to this myth that I'm delusional or lack objectivity. Go find an outrageous prediction that I've made. I have said time and again that I think Murray is the 4th best player in the world. He is nothing more than that. You, on the other hand, seem to think Ancic will crash the top 5 at some point. It will never happen. I'm not saying that because I don't like Ancic. He just doesn't have the game.

oranges
02-14-2009, 11:42 AM
So I was arguing about how Murray was unbeatable after the Gasquet win, even though I expected Nadal to hammer him (which he did)? Ancic is perfectly healthy just now. It doesn't even matter how healthy he is or even whether he is juicing, he isn't better than Murray. I put this little challenge to people who subscribe to this myth that I'm delusional or lack objectivity. Go find an outrageous prediction that I've made. I have said time and again that I think Murray is the 4th best player in the world. He is nothing more than that. You, on the other hand, seem to think Ancic will crash the top 5 at some point. It will never happen. I'm not saying that because I don't like Ancic. He just doesn't have the game.

Whatever, enjoy

Bilbo
02-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Andy should win this comfortably in two sets I think.

you think wrong as always

decrepitude
02-14-2009, 02:08 PM
you think wrong as always
:haha: