Gaston in the home of the 1st World Cup Winners Montevideo Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gaston in the home of the 1st World Cup Winners Montevideo Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Action Jackson
02-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Yes, the prodigal son is returning to the tour and playing at home, sometimes this can be wonderful and other times it can be harsh.

Jaite has never forgotten what Gaston has done for tennis in Argentina and treats him like a son. Hope the leg is fine and all ready to go. He hadn't played for a long time and those long matches in Chile, lets see what happens with it.

Vale
02-13-2009, 05:05 PM
I think he´s had very little time to practice on that leg, I only hope the interruption won´t affect the momentum he´d reached with the Copa Argentina and the two matches he won in Iquique.

About Jaite, I remember that when he accepted to coach Nalbandian he said "I never imagined I´d coach anybody other than Gastón"...

Getta
02-13-2009, 11:57 PM
I've always liked Jaite regardless of his relationship with Gastón. Great is my joy that a deep enduring friendship has developed between them.

Getta
02-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Daniel Gimeno-Traver is Gastón's first round opponent.

kai.
02-14-2009, 07:31 PM
:lol: maybe then vs nalbandian :lol:

Getta
02-14-2009, 07:47 PM
:lol: maybe then vs nalbandian :lol:

That's the second round match which I'd definitely like to see. ;)

Main Draw

(1) David Nalbandian (ARG) vs Nicolas Lapentti (ECU)
(WC) Gastón Gaudio (ARG) vs Daniel Gimeno-Traver (ESP)
Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP) vs Agustín Calleri (ARG)
Thomaz Bellucci (BRA) vs (7) Marcel Granollers (ESP)

(4) Carlos Moya (ESP) vs Qualifier
Brian Dabul (ARG) vs Nicolas Devilder (FRA)
(WC) Sergio Roitman (ARG) vs Juan Monaco (ARG)
Martin Vassallo Arguello (ARG) vs (6) Albert Montanes (ESP)

(8) Eduardo Schwank (ARG) vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs Ivan Navarro (ESP)
Alberto Martin (ESP) vs (WC) Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG)
Potito Starace (ITA) vs (3) Tommy Robredo (ESP)

(5) José Acasuso (ARG) vs Qualifier
Fabio Fognini (ITA) vs Pablo Andujar (ESP)
Nico Massu (CHI) vs Diego Junqueira (ARG)
Oscar Hernandez (ESP) vs (2) Nicolas Almagro (ESP)

Action Jackson
02-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Dani hasn't been in great form and he is a very likable , but not this time, lets see what happens with the crowd, they better embrace the man.

Corina2605
02-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Good luck to Gaston this week :)

arzu8
02-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Gaston will be playing tomorrow night:) It´s Moya and then his match, which will be the last one of the night.

GOOD LUCK GASTON ;)

Action Jackson
02-16-2009, 11:44 PM
So are you in Argentina now arzu?

Vale
02-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Gaston will be playing tomorrow night:) It´s Moya and then his match, which will be the last one of the night.

GOOD LUCK GASTON ;)

Is that confirmed then??? I couldn´t find either Gastón or Moya´s matches mentioned in the Telmex site, and Livescore have Gastón playing early.:confused:

Getta
02-17-2009, 12:52 AM
Is that confirmed then??? I couldn´t find either Gastón or Moya´s matches mentioned in the Telmex site, and Livescore have Gastón playing early.:confused:

Tuesday OoP

http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/1/posting/2009/506/op.pdf

Vale
02-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Tuesday OoP

http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/1/posting/2009/506/op.pdf

Thanks Getta! Trust me not to do the obvious such as check in the ATP site.;)

RogiFan88
02-17-2009, 02:40 AM
Vamos, Gaston!! Great to see you back on tour!!!! It's been way too long!

arzu8
02-17-2009, 09:54 AM
So are you in Argentina now arzu?

Yes, I´m here! And staying in Palermo for this week! I will definitely be at the match tonight ;) I picked up the draw sheet last night at the tournament. I was superised Gaston was the last match :rolleyes:

The ATP site is always a reliable source for order of play.

Action Jackson
02-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Plenty of matches to watch Arzu, not just Gaston, you are staying near the action, have fun.

Action Jackson
02-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Gaston will be taking the court shortly.

Getta
02-17-2009, 10:13 PM
http://de.justin.tv/labrujita_veron

Sore tummy here. :)

reiko
02-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Here, too:
http://www.mogulus.com/cami005

Getta
02-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Here, too:
http://www.mogulus.com/cami005

Thanks, reiko. :worship:

EDIT: I have to wonder how can they be so stupid! :mad:

No live stream for me. :sad:

reiko
02-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Thanks, reiko. :worship:

EDIT: I have to wonder how can they be so stupid! :mad:

No live stream for me. :sad:

Football everywhere. I can do without streaming if only Gaston wins...

Action Jackson
02-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Good to see Gaston fighting hard, hope he can solve the service problems.

Action Jackson
02-17-2009, 11:45 PM
After a multitude of break points, Gaston finally breaks Gimeno to take the 2nd set 6-4.

Keep going man.

Gaston Wheatons
02-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Gaudio lost in 3 sets. the third set he lost his service 2-3 with a doublefault, than after 2-4, 2 doublefaults, thats why he lost the third set because of poor services, its shit

Action Jackson
02-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Not a bad result, but it's all about getting match practice now, he has seen that he can still play from the ground, time to ask for a WC to Acapulco qualies or challenger tour.

Getta
02-18-2009, 12:27 AM
I'm a bit disappointed, but I see no reason why I would sound bitter.

Pleased with Gaston's fighting spirit in the second set. :)

Vale
02-18-2009, 12:48 AM
It was not to be...

He was happy during the second set and ended up playing fairly well, with 79% of first serves. At one point he went up to his team and said "If I continue to play like this I´ll be getting close to playing well"

When they were 1-1 in the third, Gimeno calling for the trainer...! When he finally returned Gastón had lost his focus and played pretty badly from there on. It´s always the same! Players already know how to get Gastón out of the match... In the meantime Gimeno´s game improved!

What one saw today was a player with some great shots but badly in need of tennis practice, and I don´t know how he will achieve that. Losing in the first round won´t help to get him WCs. In general his first serves were pretty good, but 11 double faults leave a lot of room for improvement!

The good thing about today´s match was that the public was cheering for him all the time. Bad for the Spaniard, because they were very noisy, but at least Gastón felt that the crowd was on his side. I hope he won´t be too discouraged by this experience...

Action Jackson
02-18-2009, 12:50 AM
Vale, it's simple, he is going to have to play Challengers, this is how he is going to get match practice. I doubt whether he'd go down to Futures level.

roberthenman
02-18-2009, 01:42 AM
yeahhh ,, he only need to play more games and come back to their level,,
anyone know if the play the qaly in Mexico??'

Action Jackson
02-18-2009, 01:47 AM
He'd have to get a WC to qualies for Acapulco, not sure what he is doing now, but once there is news, then it will be published.

roberthenman
02-18-2009, 02:08 AM
He'd have to get a WC to qualies for Acapulco, not sure what he is doing now, but once there is news, then it will be published.

Gaston Wheatons
02-18-2009, 07:55 AM
it was bad when he had he doublefault at 2-2 in the third set

and when it was 2-4 he began with 2 doublefaults, the doublefaults are often the problems bu gaudio, he must train his ervice or maybe it is always mental problem?

arzu8
02-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Plenty of matches to watch Arzu, not just Gaston, you are staying near the action, have fun.

I have saved this week stickly for tennis!!! This has been my first clay court event to watch. There is so much more action and play.

I watched the Gaston Gaudio match last night and thought WOW the crowd really loves him ALOT. They were with him on every single point. There were times where you could see the excitement on his face, and then times where he yelled ¨por qué¨ and broke a raquet :( There was a lady sitting in front of me and could not watch. She and everyone there wanted him to win so bad. His shots were unbelievable, but you could still feel the mental lackness, which has everything to do with Gaston´s game:sad:
It was so disappointing to watch him loose, and I think even more disappointing for himself. But he gave it a shot and hopefuuly something will come of it :)

Action Jackson
02-18-2009, 11:15 AM
it was bad when he had he doublefault at 2-2 in the third set

and when it was 2-4 he began with 2 doublefaults, the doublefaults are often the problems bu gaudio, he must train his ervice or maybe it is always mental problem?

He is back on the court in a major event for the first time in over a year and all you can do is whine. He was like this when he came back in his first match at the Petrobras exho series in 2008, when he couldn't hit a serve in the court, but he improved with more matches being played.

It's simple the more he plays competitive tennis, the better he will get, that is not exactly rocket science.

He did well to win a set, obviously you have never built a house before, you don't start with the roof do you.

Action Jackson
02-18-2009, 11:19 AM
I have saved this week stickly for tennis!!! This has been my first clay court event to watch. There is so much more action and play.

I watched the Gaston Gaudio match last night and thought WOW the crowd really loves him ALOT. They were with him on every single point. There were times where you could see the excitement on his face, and then times where he yelled ¨por qué¨ and broke a raquet :( There was a lady sitting in front of me and could not watch. She and everyone there wanted him to win so bad. His shots were unbelievable, but you could still feel the mental lackness, which has everything to do with Gaston´s game:sad:
It was so disappointing to watch him loose, and I think even more disappointing for himself. But he gave it a shot and hopefuuly something will come of it :)

Well that's Gaston he is able to garner some extreme reactions, when they boo him, they boo him hard, but when they embrace him, it's done with a lot of warmth.

Of course it would have been great if he had won, but alas it was not to be, he isn't playing on the Challenger circuit, it's a higher level. The mental is the biggest part of the game, it's a good beginning, but there is a very long way to go on this journey, and he has to be coming back to tennis for the right reasons, if he does that, then he can achieve whatever his goals are.

Like I said, there are plenty of good matches to watch and individuals, so keep having fun.

RogiFan88
02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
well, at least Gasti gave Gimeno-Traver a fight, pushing it to three sets, that's not bad at all

just keep going, Gasti!! ;)

martine2
02-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Too bad he couldn't win the match, but at least he is playing again.
Good for you guys who were there. Must have been great to see him on the field! :)

Caio_Brasil
02-19-2009, 01:57 AM
I was there at the stands, it was such a nice experience watching those backhand winners and specially the atmosphere was amazing. Those people love Gastón, he is definetely thei favourite player because of all he has achieved and his grreat charisma. I was very excited of being part of that and singing together with the Argie crowd.

Some guy shouted "No hay que demonstrar nada Gastón, eres el mejor" which syas what all the crowd thinks. It was also great seeing him destroying the racket and shouting that typical AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I was also near of taking a picture with him the day before, but it was such a rush with so many people around him and my father pressed the on/off button of the camera instead of the one to take the picture :lol:

GWH, the empanadas and the choripan full of chimichurri are amomg the best Bs As stuffs.

Action Jackson
02-19-2009, 02:21 AM
Great to read the first hand exeprience of people that were there and enjoyed the experience.

Getta
02-19-2009, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the vivid report, Caio. :)

"No hay que demonstrar nada ..."

That should be the attitude towards our loved ones anyway...

Vale
02-19-2009, 04:48 PM
I was there at the stands, it was such a nice experience watching those backhand winners and specially the atmosphere was amazing. Those people love Gastón, he is definetely thei favourite player because of all he has achieved and his grreat charisma. I was very excited of being part of that and singing together with the Argie crowd.

Some guy shouted "No hay que demonstrar nada Gastón, eres el mejor" which syas what all the crowd thinks.

What a great experience, Caio, to be there for Gastón´s comeback! Thanks for telling us!:)

Getta
03-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Santiago, Chile

Main Draw

Leonardo Mayer ARG [1] vs. Q
Andre Miele BRA vs. Juan-Pablo Brzezicki ARG
Q vs. Guillermo Rivera-Aranguiz CHI [WC]
Caio Zampieri BRA vs. Sebastian Decoud ARG [7]

Horacio Zeballos ARG [4] vs. Mariano Zabaleta ARG
Juan-Pablo Guzman ARG vs. Gaston Gaudio ARG [WC]
Marcel Felder URU vs. Jose De Armas VEN
Julio Silva BRA vs. Mariano Puerta ARG [8]

Franco Ferreiro BRA [5] vs. Q
Victor Estrella DOM vs. Juan-Martin Aranguren ARG
Juan-Pablo Amado ARG vs. Q
Rogerio Dutra da Silva BRA vs. Sergio Roitman ARG [3]

Ricardo Hocevar BRA [6] vs. Guillermo Hormazabal CHI [WC]
Diego Alvarez ARG vs. Hans Podlipnik CHI [WC]
João Souza BRA vs. Luka Gregorc SLO
Riccardo Ghedin ITA vs. Maximo Gonzalez ARG [2]

Vale
03-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks Getta! :D

I wonder what the future will bring...? Among Argentine players we have two opposite examples: Cañas made an amazing comeback, whereas Puerta never could recover his form. I´m hoping that Gastón´s determination will give him the strength to get back at least into the top 100 this year, which is the goal he´s set himself.

Action Jackson
03-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Gaston playing Guzman, another player who has had long term injury problems, just happy to see him on the court, he needs to get the match practice.

martine2
03-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Vamos Gato!! Keeping my fingers crossed for his comeback :rocker2:
Hope it works out for him because it's so good that he's playing again!

Vale
03-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Gastón is scheduled to play on Tuesday. He and Guzmán have only played twice and Gastón won.

Getta
03-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Vamos, Gastón!

Vale
03-10-2009, 01:38 AM
Gastón´s is the last match on the Centre Court on Tuesday, after Puerta´s, not before 7 PM local time.
VAMOS GASTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaston Wheatons
03-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Vamos gatson and Mariano Puerta, 2008 was not lucky for this Innocent heroe. I hope they play eacht other in the quarters, have anybody seen puerta and how he is?

reiko
03-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Not sure how it works but here is the live score:
http://www.tenislimite.cl/copa_cachantun/marcador.htm

Vale
03-10-2009, 10:39 PM
6-2 in the first set! He´s playing against an unknown Argentine called Gonzalo Tur - don´t know what happened to Guzmán...

kai.
03-10-2009, 10:40 PM
6-2 in the first set! He´s playing against an unknown Argentine called Gonzalo Tur - don´t know what happened to Guzmán...

Heyy tur is a future player..
and had good results last year .. now is traying in ch :rolleyes:

btwn this livescore works better http://www.prensatenis.cl/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=17&Itemid=77 :wavey:

Getta
03-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Heyy tur is a future player..
and had good results last year .. now is traying in ch :rolleyes:

Haven't heard his name before. Still, what happened to Guzman?

btwn this livescore works better http://www.prensatenis.cl/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=17&Itemid=77 :wavey:

Thanks, Kai. :hug:

Vamos Gastón!

Getta
03-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssss!

Gastón will be playing his twin friend in the second round.

Don't know which of them is Castor and which is Pollux though...

Vale
03-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Great to have won, as anybody who´s playing regularly is difficult.:D
I´m only sorry he´s up against Zabaleta, as he´s acknowledged he finds it very difficult to play against his friends.
The match lasted less than 50´and his service games went very quickly - I hope that means he didn´t have DFs!

kai.
03-10-2009, 11:20 PM
:scared: zabala vs gaudio :lol:

i want to be in chile and see that match :(

reiko
03-10-2009, 11:25 PM
If your friend is in the same draw it is best you play your friend - no? Hope they will play each other often coming months..
Anyway, congrats and go, go, go, Gaston!

Vale
03-11-2009, 12:27 AM
If your friend is in the same draw it is best you play your friend - no? Hope they will play each other often coming months..
Anyway, congrats and go, go, go, Gaston!

I would like them to play each other later on - not in R2!;) Bastad 2004 is the well-known example when Gastón couldn´t bring himself to beat his friend in the final...

Action Jackson
03-11-2009, 01:23 AM
Not sure who will win this one, Gaston needs the points and it will always be difficult for play Batman to play Robin, but at least one of them makes the quarters.

kai.
03-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Haven't heard his name before. Still, what happened to Guzman?

Thanks, Kai. :hug:

Vamos Gastón!

I have no idea what happened with juampi, he was in chile and he was watching maye's match so i dont get it :sad:

roberthenman
03-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Gaston today play well, y would amazing,,imrpove very much his serves 0 double faults, did many winners with his backhand
was incredible :worship:

roberthenman
03-11-2009, 01:36 AM
but do not rush the opponent almost never

Action Jackson
03-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Robert, how was the crowd reaction to him? Good to hear that he was able to play well.

Hope Lombardo has been drilling him hard in the serving training.

roberthenman
03-11-2009, 02:16 AM
the reaction was positive, among the chilean public is well-kwow Gaston his debut had many expectation,only Guga in the 2007 in this challenger achieving this..also had many argetine public
over Lombardo i think that Gaston not pay much ,, because i think that Lombardo is bad coach

Vale
03-11-2009, 02:33 AM
Prensa Tenis calls it a Resounding Debut.

It goes on to say that the court was packed for Gaudio´s highly awaited debut. He played against the lucky loser because Guzman had a stomach ailment. He showed a lot of confidence, especially with his serve, which allowed him to make the most of his baseline shots and completely obliterate his rival.

He said "It will be difficult to play against Zabaleta because we´re great friends. It´s always nice to play with him".

http://prensatenis.cl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2964:un-contundente-estreno-tuvo-gaston-gaudio-en-el-challenger-de-providencia&catid=77:noticias-cachantun-cup-2009&Itemid=77

Un contundente estreno tuvo Gastón Gaudio en el Challenger de Providencia

Sin muchos problemas, el campeón de Roland Garros 2004 derrotó en sets corridos al lucky loser Gonzalo Tur, por lo que se metió en la segunda ronda de la Copa Cachatun, donde tendrá un espectacular duelo ante su compatriota y amigo Mariano Zabaleta.

Un lleno total tuvo el court central del Club Providencia para el esperado debut de Gastón Gaudio (1.085º) en el Challenger de Providencia Copa Cachantun 2009.

El ex Top 5 y campeón de Roland Garros se debía medir ante su compatriota Juan Pablo Guzmán, pero un problema estomacal lo forzó a retirarse por lo que se enfrentó al lucky loser Gonzalo Tur, quien había perdido en la qualy ante Jorge Aguilar.

Fue poca la resistencia que puso Tur y así Gaudio se impuso en menos de una hora y media por 6-2 y 6-4 para lograr un sólido triunfo y el segundo de la temporada, donde había llegado hasta cuartos de final, para luego caer en primera ronda del ATP de Buenos Aires.

En el Providencia mostró mucha confianza, sobre todo con su servicio que venía siendo un punto bajo de su juego, por lo que con esa solidez desplegó de mejor manera sus golpes desde el fondo para borrar completamente a su compatriota.

En la segunda vuelta tendrá un interesante duelo frente a su amigo Mariano Zabaleta, ante quien tiene un registro favorable de 4-3, aunque no juegan hace tres años, en lo que en su tiempo fue un choque de dos de los mejores exponentes del tenis argentino.

Tras el duelo, Gaudio comentó que "fue difcíl el debut porque venía con poco ritmo, sólo había jugado una vez este año en Buenos Aires, pero siempre es importante empezar ganando". Sobre jugar en nuestro país, comentó que "me gusta, es un lugar donde me siento cómodo y además si puedo ganar sería mucho más lindo".

En cuanto a su duelo ante Zabaleta de segunda vuelta, aclaró que "será difícil porque somos muy amigos, nos conocemos hace mucho, y siempre es lindo jugar con él".

Action Jackson
03-11-2009, 02:38 AM
Excellent to see that the Chileans went out there to support Gaston. Lombardo, well he is coaching Gaston and Roitman, as for him as a coach, he isn't too bad, there aren't that many available and the ones that are don't want to travel.

Gaston needs matches and plenty of them to iron out the serving kinks, he can't afford to have 15 doubles, it's not womens tennis.

roberthenman
03-11-2009, 02:50 AM
maybe not a bad coach, but I saw Gaston did not pay much and does what he wants gaston, even the Vasco (PF)authority is more that Lombardo...

Vale
03-11-2009, 03:03 AM
maybe not a bad coach, but I saw Gaston did not pay much and does what he wants gaston, even the Vasco (PF)authority is more that Lombardo...

In an interview they asked Gastón what was he working on with his new coach, and he answered that it was mainly the attitude he should have, as if the technical part wasn´t so important. A gossip mag said Gastón went to train with Lombardo the other day at the Vilas Club and left after only half an hour, but it isn´t a reliable source.

roberthenman
03-11-2009, 03:25 AM
In an interview they asked Gastón what was he working on with his new coach, and he answered that it was mainly the attitude he should have, as if the technical part wasn´t so important. A gossip mag said Gastón went to train with Lombardo the other day at the Vilas Club and left after only half an hour, but it isn´t a reliable source.

:yeah: the sunday in the Club, Lombardo say to Gaston that train in this moment , because Gaudio was sad in the "Player lounge"(only chair and table) , and Gaston say that not, and say " disfrutemos esto "
ah the end Gaston not training and went to lanch

martine2
03-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the info :yeah:
So glad he played well!! Vamos Gato :rocker2:

Vale
03-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Thursday´s match: Gaudio-Zabaleta will be the last match on Centre Court, not before 7 PM local time.

Vale
03-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Thursday´s match: Gaudio-Zabaleta will be the last match on Centre Court, not before 7 PM local time.

The match is about to start!

VAMOS GASTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vale
03-13-2009, 12:04 AM
We lost....:sad:
Mariano won in three sets, 4-6, 6-2, 6-3
I´m afraid this will make it more difficult to get WCs now...:(

Getta
03-13-2009, 12:38 AM
Kind of expected it. Match went to 3 sets, at least.

Don't think this defeat will affect things concerning the wildcards. We'll see.

roberthenman
03-14-2009, 12:04 AM
i saw the match yesterday , adn gaston played well in the first set, did many winner especially of backhand, in the second and third set Gaston was upset and talking about himself and commiting many unforced error that did lost the match

Vale
03-14-2009, 02:39 AM
I see the last WC for Bogotá has gone to Zabaleta!:(

reiko
03-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Miami Qualifying:

KOROLEV, Evgeny vs GAUDIO, Gaston
RUSSELL, Michael vs ALVES, Thiago

Also I read somewhere that Gaston asked Estoril WC.

Getta
03-23-2009, 01:56 AM
Still can't figure out what he's doing there, not that it's of any importance.

In any case, Zhenya is not a free pass...

Action Jackson
03-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Gaston has a unit in Miami, so that's why he is there, playing a bit of tennis on the side, but not a good move playing there.

Vale
03-23-2009, 02:22 AM
Gastón has asked for WCs at absolutely every tournament and has said he´ll play wherever he´s invited. Unfortunately he´s got a difficult first round. Korolev is ranked 87 and is having a very good year. The level is impressive, 48 players who could be in the main draw of any small ATP tournament. Still, it´s worth a try and it means he´s an active tennis player!
When do the men´s qualies start?

Getta
03-23-2009, 02:25 AM
When do the men´s qualies start?

Today.

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/2/en/schedule/default.asp

Vale
03-23-2009, 02:59 AM
Today.

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/2/en/schedule/default.asp

Thanks!:)

I just read in http://www.fotolog.com/gaudiogaston that Korolev is the guy that Gastón beat in five sets in RG 2006, in a match that became famous for the range and creativity of Gastón´s sayings, such as "All my life playing tennis and I haven´t improved one bit!"

Getta
03-23-2009, 12:17 PM
COURT 6
Matches start at 10:00 am

Qualifying - B Becker (GER) vs F Fognini (ITA)
Qualifying - A Delic (USA) vs D Koellerer (AUT)
Qualifying - [WC] T Johansson (SWE) vs F Cipolla (ITA)
Qualifying - E Korolev (RUS) vs [WC] G Gaudio (ARG)
Qualifying - D Sela (ISR) vs [WC] A Domijan (USA)

Corina2605
03-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Good luck Gaston :)

I am also pleased to hear that Gaston wants to come to play in Europe :)

Vale
03-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Any minute now!
VAMOS GASTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaston Wheatons
03-23-2009, 08:15 PM
6-2 lost first set 38 procent first service, and 4 doublefoults, i dont understand why he put hours and hiurs for his service, the fh is good the bh is great, but his service is very poor. He lost always on his servicegames evry game and game. He can break everybody get always brekpoints. But his service games were very poor the last years. Why is not here a trainer who can help him with his serve, maybe a new serve?

Vale, can someone say that to him? He always lost his service and 38 procent is very poor and bad? The two problems are his service and his mental problem the rest of his game is very good. But when his service do not go better he always lost and never come back to the top 100

Gaston Wheatons
03-23-2009, 08:20 PM
second set he has a break and than yes, he lost his serve, next game he break him again

He must do something on his service games, he always lost his service, can nobody train him on his service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaston Wheatons
03-23-2009, 08:21 PM
6-2 korelve now 1-2 gaudio second break, but shit he must serve bow and that is not for 3 years good!!

Gaston Wheatons
03-23-2009, 08:31 PM
6-2 2-4. He won his service games two times almost a record lol. Come on gaudio. Please do train your service !!

oliverbwfc
03-23-2009, 08:43 PM
2nd set 6-3 :D

Vamos Gaston :rocker2:

Getta
03-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Gaston Wheatons,

are you just watching the scoreboard?

Getta
03-23-2009, 08:48 PM
He must do something on his service games, he always lost his service, can nobody train him on his service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is not here a trainer who can help him with his serve, maybe a new serve?

Vale, can someone say that to him?

Una vez más, por favor.

Denaon
03-23-2009, 09:39 PM
:scared:

Gaston Wheatons
03-23-2009, 09:39 PM
6-2 3-6 4-5 matchpoint for gaston, but now its 5-5 15-30 its bad

Gaston Wheatons
03-23-2009, 09:42 PM
ist shit 6-5 more breakpoints for gaudio but he lost, its so shit

oliverbwfc
03-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Lost 7-5 in the fifth :(

had a match point too :sad:

Getta
03-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Thought little dream has come true, but it was only for a moment...

Match was much closer than expected anyway.

Vamos Gastón! :bigclap:

roberthenman
03-23-2009, 10:14 PM
:sad: wooooww ,came close to winning
Vamos Gaston :yeah:

Gaston Wheatons
03-23-2009, 10:58 PM
its shit

because gaston had 9 breakpoints in the third set

on 2-1
on3-2
on4-3
on5-4
and on 5-6

This is Gaudio problem for 3 years now

1. Service is too poor, every macth 10-12 doublefaults, now 15
2. He always get breakpoints, but he took to less breaks
3. Mental problem

I am one of the biggest fans of gaston, but it is always the same way he lost a match. Please do something on your serve and servicegames and please take more breaks if you have got so many chances

The third set against korelev, he could break the russion at least 3 times but he didnot make it.

Gaston Wheatons
03-23-2009, 10:59 PM

I am not agree with this. Gaston had played some macthes to win this. It a ex top5player. So he must win this kind of matches

Gaston Wheatons
03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
one thing about the third set korolev gets only in first game 5 breakpoint

and the last on 5-5 and he took the break inmediately, gaston got in every game breakpoints and got nothing , that is very sad!!

Getta
03-23-2009, 11:19 PM

I am not agree with this. Gaston had played some macthes to win this. It a ex top5player. So he must win this kind of matches

Are you out of your mind?

Gastón is currently ranked No.974. His attempt at making a comeback requires enormous courage and considerable effort on his part.

Vale
03-23-2009, 11:40 PM
When I saw Gastón had lost 6-2 in the first set I thought it would be a quick and painful loss, so to have had a match point on Korolev´s serve is much more than I expected, especially as K. is on a roll.
Gastón must have tried to adapt his serve for a hard surface and took more risks, with the resulting 4 aces and 12 DFs. I think his service will improve once he settles down - he must have been pretty nervous today.
The main thing he has to improve, in my view, is to be able to close matches, and that will take lots of self-belief. I hope we may have some news about how he felt after today´s defeat, as his yardstick at this moment is whether he has a good time on court or not. If he was more or less satisfied with his shotmaking it will give him an impulse to continue.

Action Jackson
03-24-2009, 01:17 AM

Stop smoking. He played very well and no he hasn't played enough matches, what 4 matches since Jan 2008, yes he is really match fit.

Tennis matches aren't won on paper.

roberthenman
03-24-2009, 02:21 AM
Stop smoking. He played very well and no he hasn't played enough matches, what 4 matches since Jan 2008, yes he is really match fit.

Tennis matches aren't won on paper.

:clap2::yeah: totally agree

martine2
03-24-2009, 07:15 AM
It was a close match against a tough opponent and that's what counts! It's going in the good direction :bigclap:

Gaston Wheatons
03-24-2009, 09:50 AM
i feel sad, when gaston lost

Action Jackson
03-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Don't take it out in here, when he does lose. Go hit a tennis ball or a punching bag.

Not that I should be speaking for most of the posters here, but it's this simple. We are happy that Gaston is actually playing tennis again considering the injuries, the lack of motivation that happened recently. The fact that it's a very long road back from where he came from means there are going to be setbacks, if you can't deal with that

It's not the results that make people support Gaston, if he wins, that's fucking great, if not, it doesn't change a thing, just means learn from it and move on, because the mental side is a lot more important than the groundstrokes.

Choupi
03-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Knowing that Gaston is back on a tennis court, fighting, is already something that makes me happy. Then, the result isn't what matters. The important is that he keeps on fighting.

Gaston Wheatons
03-24-2009, 04:07 PM
I understand, but I am sad because Gaston had a matchpoint

10K Futures Qualifier
03-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Any ideas where he will play next... Houston?

Getta
03-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Really doubt it, Houston is not among the tournaments he loves. Maybe Estoril and Challenger tournaments in Latin America and Europe.

I'd like to see him get wildcards for Barcelona and Kitzi qualies.

Vale
03-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Well, no interviews but several articles. The consensus is that Gastón played very well :D, except for the foot-faults and the DFs. I´ll translate some of it when I find the time.

Action Jackson
03-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Good stuff Vale, looking forward to reading them.

Getta
03-25-2009, 07:21 AM
Article in La Nación turns out to be funny, expected since Gastón's typical sayings are abundant all around.
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1111593

I can't translate it without sounding wooden though, little bit afraid ot that kind of stuff. Pretty sure Vale will treat us appropriately once again.

solamentegaudio
03-25-2009, 03:13 PM
the next tournament is houston...he got a wild card for the qualy
(sorry for my english):wavey:

Vale
03-25-2009, 03:21 PM
the next tournament is houston...he got a wild card for the qualy
(sorry for my english):wavey:

Thanks for the news!:D You´re always the first with news of Gastón!:worship:

reiko
03-25-2009, 11:21 PM
The consensus is that Gastón played very well :D, except for the foot-faults and the DFs.

Glad to know that! (except for the FFs and the DFs :p:)

Btw, Gaston plays doubles in Miami, with Lapentti!
R1 against Soares/Ullyett.

>solamentegaudio
Thanks for the good news. Here I am missing Gaston in Europe but I'm happy he is playing proper ATP tournaments..

Vale
03-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Btw, Gaston plays doubles in Miami, with Lapentti!
R1 against Soares/Ullyett.

I´m so pleased! I hadn´t even checked!:D

Action Jackson
03-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Hilarious doubles team.

martine2
03-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Maybe hilarious but certainly :drool: :drool: (yes it's the fangirl speaking :p )

Vale
03-29-2009, 03:06 AM
Maybe hilarious but certainly :drool: :drool: (yes it's the fangirl speaking :p )

Court 8 will sizzle!;) How I´d love to see this match!

Here´s the OOP:

COURT 8 start 10:00 am

R de Voest (RSA) / B Reynolds (USA) vs S Aspelin (SWE) / J Murray (GBR) - ATP
[WC] G Gaudio (ARG) / N Lapentti (ECU) vs [6] B Soares (BRA) / K Ullyett (ZIM) - ATP
T Parrott (USA) / F Polasek (SVK) vs [5] M Fyrstenberg (POL) / M Matkowski (POL) - ATP

Vamos Gaston and Nico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roberthenman
03-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Gaston with Nico lost fast in 51 minutes 6-2.6-2....:sad:

Vale
03-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Expected result... I´m happy that Gastón has spent about 10 days practicing in a Masters event in the company of his old colleagues.

martine2
03-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Hope he enjoys the tennis and the atmosphere and stays motivated. Then it will be ok :)

reiko
04-04-2009, 03:07 AM
http://www.mensclaycourt.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&PageId=265321&ssid=131589&vnf=1
Gaston Gaudio, the 2004 French Open Champion, has entered the qualifying field for the 2009 US Men’s Clay Court Championship at River Oaks Country Club. Gaudio, who owns eight career clay court titles, will face Dusan Vemic in the opening round of qualifying in the third match from 9 a.m. on Saturday.

Vamos, Gaston!!!

Action Jackson
04-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Big serving Vemic, see what happens.

roberthenman
04-04-2009, 05:05 AM
come on Gaston

Action Jackson
04-04-2009, 05:24 AM
There is meant to be some rain around Houston.

Action Jackson
04-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Gaston lost 7-6 6-4.

RogiFan88
04-05-2009, 10:19 PM
not a bad score... lucky people in Houston got to see Gaston!

OK, next tournament... ;)

martine2
04-06-2009, 06:10 AM
Close match, so not bad at all :yeah:

Action Jackson
04-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Gaston got the WC in Barcelona.

[1] NADAL, Rafael ESP vs BYE
QUALIFIER vs LU, Yen-Hsun TPE
ROCHUS, Christophe BEL vs DEVILDER, Nicolas FRA
HERNYCH, Jan CZE vs [13] GASQUET, Richard FRA

[10] ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP vs HANESCU, Victor ROU
CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG vs BELLUCCI, Thomaz BRA
[WC] FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP vs KUNITSYN, Igor RUS
BYE vs [7] NALBANDIAN, David ARG

[3] DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS vs BYE
CANAS, Guillermo ARG vs CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA
GRANOLLERS, Marcel ESP vs QUALIFIER
NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN vs [16] LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP

[9] STEPANEK, Radek CZE vs GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
MONTANES, Albert ESP vs TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB
YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS vs TROICKI, Viktor SRB
BYE vs [8] WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI

[6] ROBREDO, Tommy ESP vs BYE
JUNQUEIRA, Diego ARG vs [WC] GAUDIO, Gaston ARG
GICQUEL, Marc FRA vs [WC] MARTIN, Alberto ESP
SEPPI, Andreas ITA vs [12] ANDREEV, Igor RUS

[14] SODERLING, Robin SWE vs GABASHVILI, Teimuraz RUS
GULBIS, Ernests LAT vs STARACE, Potito ITA
QUALIFIER vs QUALIFIER
BYE vs [4] FERRER, David ESP

[5WC] GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI vs BYE
SELA, Dudi ISR vs ACASUSO, Jose ARG
QUALIFIER vs QUALIFIER
MONACO, Juan ARG vs [11WC] SAFIN, Marat RUS

[15] BERDYCH, Tomas CZE vs VASSALLO ARGUELLO, Martin ARG
HERNANDEZ, Oscar ESP vs SCHWANK, Eduardo ARG
QUALIFIER vs MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
BYE vs [2] VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

Getta
04-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Bad tactical decision was made. Gaston should have asked for a WC for the qualifying draw.

Action Jackson
04-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Gaston wouldn't have made it through the qualies, but he does have a good chance of winning a match here.

Getta
04-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Gaston wouldn't have made it through the qualies, but he does have a good chance of winning a match here.

Luckily enough, Fortuna didn't hesitate in petting him.

teR
04-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Good luck tomorrow Gaston!

Vale
04-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Have fun tomorrow, Gastón, and don´t get too nervous!

roberthenman
04-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Vamos Gaston , con todo mañana :rocker2:

martine2
04-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Gaston won the first set 6-4. The 2nd is 3-3 now. Vamos Gato!! :rocker2:

martine2
04-21-2009, 11:43 AM
:sad: He lost the 2nd set 3-6.
Please don't get nervous now Gato.

Action Jackson
04-21-2009, 12:33 PM
He won 6-4 in the 3rd.

Footfaulting like hell, saving plenty of break points, came down from a break in the 3rd.

Junqueira lead 4-3 and lost his serve on a footfault in the final set. Gaston kept fighting and he got rewarded.

Plays Boredo next.

teR
04-21-2009, 12:35 PM
YEAH!, congrats Gaston! :), 2n round!

martine2
04-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Sooo good to see him win even though it only was the scoreboard :D
Keep up the good work Gato! You're getting the match practice now!

Vale
04-21-2009, 01:09 PM
We won!!!!!!!!!!!:bigclap::banana:

I couldn´t bring myself to follow the livescore... I saw Gastón had 5 aces and only 2 DFs, but I didn´t know about the footfaults. Well, he battled on for 2:14 and didn´t give in - to me that´s a triumph, over his nerves, over not having won an ATP match in nearly two years... Even if he loses to Robredo tomorrow, he´s finally shaken the jinx.

Caio_Brasil
04-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Vamos Gato :worship:

Little chance against Robredo, right? :scared:

RogiFan88
04-21-2009, 03:53 PM
nice one, Gasti!!

next round, George's fave matchup... :lol:

martine2
04-21-2009, 04:35 PM
We won!!!!!!!!!!!:bigclap::banana:

I couldn´t bring myself to follow the livescore... I saw Gastón had 5 aces and only 2 DFs, but I didn´t know about the footfaults. Well, he battled on for 2:14 and didn´t give in - to me that´s a triumph, over his nerves, over not having won an ATP match in nearly two years... Even if he loses to Robredo tomorrow, he´s finally shaken the jinx.

My thoughts exactly, Vale :D
After he lost the 2nd set I was afraid he'd break down, but he didn't!!
I guess he's even happier then we are right now ;)

teR
04-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Someone knows a site to see the match tomorrow Gaston?

Vale
04-21-2009, 08:24 PM
I guess he's even happier then we are right now ;)

Not Gastón!;) He´s dissatisfied, just like he´s always been even after winning matches! Check out the Articles thread...

Vale
04-22-2009, 03:41 AM
Good luck against Robredo, Gastón! Have fun!!!!!!!:D

Action Jackson
04-22-2009, 03:44 AM
Hahaha, I got the match I wanted, Gaston should enough motivation for this.

teR
04-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Good luck today!, Vamos Gaston!

Getta
04-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Gaston lost 7-6(6) 6-1.

Gaston Wheatons
04-22-2009, 06:01 PM
i didnot follow the macth because of work, but i see 8-6 very close in tiebreak and gaudio had 2-6 breakppoints and robredo 2-3, so he hadmany chances the first set, the second set was 6-1 maybe mental problems? or physical after a tight match yesterday?

Corina2605
04-22-2009, 07:53 PM
I am very proud of Gaston, for winning his match yesterday and also for today's match. I am so excited he is back on the tour and enjoys fighting on the court :) I missed him! Vamos Gaston!

Choupi
04-23-2009, 06:32 AM
I'm very happy with Gaston being back on court and so, I can only rejoice that he won his 1st rd match and fought against one of his "classical" opponent. I hope he keeps on playing and the wins should be coming with it.

Vale
04-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Here´s the Main Draw (copied from the tournament thread):

Main Draw

[1WC] Jarkko Nieminen (FIN) - Daniel Munoz-De La Nava (ESP)
Brian Dabul (ARG) - [WC] Malek Jaziri (TUN)
Guillermo Canas (ARG) - Qualifier
Denis Gremelmayr (GER) - [8] Leonardo Mayer (ARG)

[3] Bjorn Phau (GER) - Qualifier
Daniel Brands (GER) - [WC] Gaston Gaudio (ARG)
Alexandre Sidorenko (FRA) - Adrian Ungur (ROU)
Lamine Ouahab (ALG) - [6] Pablo Andujar (ESP)

[7] Wayne Odesnik (USA) - Marcos Daniel (BRA)
Mikhail Kukushkin (KAZ) - Rui Machado (POR)
Antonio Veic (CRO) - Qualifier
Sergio Roitman (ARG) - [4] Frederico Gil (POR)

[5] Diego Junqueira (ARG) - Ilia Bozoljac (SRB)
Qualifier - Mathieu Montcourt (FRA)
Roko Karanusic (CRO) - [WC] Walid Jallali (TUN)
Boris Pashanski (SRB) - [2] Nicolas Devilder (FRA)

Getta
04-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Gaston is last match on Centre Court tomorrow.

Vale
04-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Vamos Gaston, Step By Step!

Vale
04-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Gaston won 6-4 6-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::cat:

LOVELY
04-28-2009, 06:34 PM
:woohoo:

martine2
04-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Hehe :banana: :banana:

Getta
04-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Bjorn Phau is next.

Action Jackson
04-29-2009, 04:37 AM
A win is a win, he can beat Phau, just hope the right Gaston shows up.

martine2
04-29-2009, 07:20 AM
Come on Gaston!!

I'm hoping for a Gaston-Willy match, because this would mean they both had a good run :banana:
But if this happens, it will be impossible to cheer :awww:

Getta
04-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Gaston is third match on Centre Court tomorrow, not before 2.00pm.

Corina2605
04-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Good luck Gaston :)

Vale
04-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Vamos Gastón, another step! You can do it!!!:)

Choupi
04-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Vamos Gaston!!

martine2
04-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Good luck Gato!! :rocker2:

Action Jackson
04-30-2009, 04:45 PM
GSM Gaudio 3-6 6-2 6-4

Hope plays Willy in the Independiente derby.

Got to love this in 2009 is a Challenger quarter final and in 2004 it was the best 1st rounder of Roland Garros and we know what happened there.

Edit he plays Sidorenko next.

Choupi
04-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Congrats Gaston!! :bigclap: The next match will be hard to cheer on, I'm with Martine on that regard. But what's sure is that I'd love to see that match.

No need, he plays Sidorenko first.

Vale
04-30-2009, 05:51 PM
That´s great, Gastón!!! :banana::banana::cat:
Keep it up!!!:D

LOVELY
04-30-2009, 06:08 PM
VAMOS GASTON !!! :woohoo:

Corina2605
04-30-2009, 06:33 PM
I am very happy he wins those close matches. Means he has confidence, muy bien:)! Vamos Gaston!

martine2
04-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Great!! :yeah:

Wish I could have followed it but it was exactly the hour I'm on my way home from work.
(and I'm so hoping for that Gaudio-Canas match... :) so fingers crossed that they both can win their next round match!)

Getta
05-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Gaston is second match on Centre Court tomorrow, not before 2.00pm.

reiko
05-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Tiny screen but a stream is a stream:

https://www.bwin.com/nl/livebets.aspx?eventID=1568409
(You will need to register and might need some deposit)

Hope Gaston's match will be on, too.

Action Jackson
05-01-2009, 03:02 PM
He is playing quite well at the moment.

Action Jackson
05-01-2009, 03:15 PM
6-0 Gaston

That was a quality first set, good 1st serve percentage and not many errors, he has to keep it up.

Choupi
05-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Vamos Gaston!!

Action Jackson
05-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Gaston thrashed Sidorenko in the quarters of Tunis 6-0 6-2. He played some solid tennis not making many cheap errors, good use of the dropshot.

Sidorenko gave Gaston rhythm, apart from the dropshots, the highlight was the Muslim prayer call over the loudspeaker as Sidorenko was about to serve.

He was toying with him at times.

Good luck against Nieminen.

Choupi
05-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Ok now I feel like :banana:

Action Jackson
05-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Hardly any double faults and no footfaults either, hope whoever wins the semi wins the tournament.

Getta
05-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh, I'm not crying...

LOVELY
05-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Well done GG :yeah: :woohoo:

roberthenman
05-01-2009, 04:58 PM
:eek: Gaston nice victory :worship:

Corina2605
05-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Yes, great result :) I am sooo happy he is back :) Good luck in the semis!! This will be a test! Thanks AC for the match report.

Corina2605
05-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Tiny screen but a stream is a stream:

https://www.bwin.com/nl/livebets.aspx?eventID=1568409
(You will need to register and might need some deposit)

Hope Gaston's match will be on, too.

Hi Reiko!

Thanks for the link :) Did not have the chance to watch today but hopefully tomorrow.

Vale
05-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Gaston thrashed Sidorenko in the quarters of Tunis 6-0 6-2. He played some solid tennis not making many cheap errors, good use of the dropshot.

Sidorenko gave Gaston rhythm, apart from the dropshots, the highlight was the Muslim prayer call over the loudspeaker as Sidorenko was about to serve.

He was toying with him at times.

Good luck against Nieminen.

Semis!!! I can´t believe it!!!:banana::banana::banana::cat:

Tell me, WHERE do you watch the matches? I don´t really want to join betwin, and I haven´t been able to find any other stream.

martine2
05-01-2009, 07:44 PM
So good to have him back on the courts and playing well!!!

At least half of my semifinal wish came true and I hope Gaston pulls it off against Nieminen.

Vamos :banana:

Getta
05-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Gaston is second match on Centre Court tomorrow, not before 3.00pm.

Gaston Wheatons
05-01-2009, 10:25 PM
great for his confidence, puerta also win, sorry also a great fan of me

Vale
05-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Vamos Gastón! Just keep on doing what you´ve been doing up to now, have fun playing tennis!:worship:

Thanos
05-02-2009, 02:48 AM
this kid got talent might even win a slam one day.

Action Jackson
05-02-2009, 03:44 AM
this kid got talent might even win a slam one day.

:p:p

Action Jackson
05-02-2009, 03:04 PM
GSM Gaudio 6-2 2-0 RET

He is through to play to Gil in the final. From the baseline he played very well, but was serving like shit.

Nieminen was making a lot of errors and Gaston was defending well when he needed to. Jarkko took a timeout at the end of the 2nd set, then he retired.

Not a great way to win, but onward bound.

Thanos
05-02-2009, 03:06 PM
very nice for gaudio. not really a fan, but i do enjoy comeback stories.

roberthenman
05-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Gaston :worship:
good luck in the final tomorrow :yeah:

roberthenman
05-02-2009, 03:08 PM
GSM Gaudio 6-2 2-0 RET

He is through to play to Gil in the final. From the baseline he played very well, but was serving like shit.

Nieminen was making a lot of errors and Gaston was defending well when he needed to. Jarkko took a timeout at the end of the 2nd set, then he retired.

thanks for the report :yeah:

Corina2605
05-02-2009, 05:02 PM
:) Congrats to Gaston on making the final, I am very pleased for him :) Good luck tomorrow, vamos Gaston!!!

Vale
05-02-2009, 05:20 PM
GSM Gaudio 6-2 2-0 RET

Thank you! What great news! Who would have thought a month ago that Gastón would be in a final?:worship:

Choupi
05-02-2009, 06:05 PM
That's clear not many would have given his name for a tournament finalist. Maybe not even himself!! That's sad for Nieminen but I'm so happy for Gaston. Just hope that now that he's in the final, he's gonna have a great time tomorrow. Congrats for that wonderful week Gaston :)

Getta
05-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Gaston is second match on Centre Court tomorrow, not before 2.00pm.

arzu8
05-02-2009, 09:05 PM
This is some GREAT news!!! I will be thinking of Gaston during my 10k run tomorrow!

Good luck GASTON!!!

martine2
05-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Very glad to see Gaston in a final! But sad Nieminen had to retire.

Good luck tomorrow Gato!!! :rocker2:

Vale
05-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Vamos tomorrow, Gastón, just another step! All your fans are out in force to support you! Have fun!!! (mustn´t forget the bananas, they´ve worked up to now):
:banana::banana::banana::banana::cat:

LOVELY
05-02-2009, 11:56 PM
VAMOS GASTON:bounce:

Caio_Brasil
05-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Good luck in the final Gasty :)

Springer89
05-03-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm happy he's playing well. Hope he enjoys it as much as his fans do.
Keep it going! Vaaaammmmoooossss! :bigclap:

Action Jackson
05-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Gaudio wins 6-2 1-6 6-3 over Gil to win Tunis.

He played very well in the 1st set, the 2nd set was lapse and Gil took advantage.

The 3rd set was hard fought, both started with shit service games, but at *1-1 in the 3rd was a huge game, as Gaston had to save a few break points, he held and then was able to get the break for *5-3.

He went down 0-30 in the last game, but was able to get it together and take at his 2nd match point.

roberthenman
05-03-2009, 03:52 PM
:woohoo: i am happy for Gaston, they deserved this tittle
now in the next tournament hope that continue the demostrate of good game
Gaston :worship::worship:

Action Jackson
05-03-2009, 04:02 PM
I will give a more detailed report now.

Gaston served well and intelligently in the 1st set, got a high percentage of serves in and moved the ball around, using the angles and then setting up for the backhand and pressed Gil into error.

Gil cut down the errors in the 2nd set and took advantage of Gaston's lapse in concentration.

Both played clown games to lose serve in the first 2 games and then from there, it was competitive and Gil had a few more bp chances, but Gaston fought them off and broke easily, then held on, hehe.

Choupi
05-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Congrats Gaston for this win that was still unexpectable at the beginning of this event. Hope he keeps on playing like this :)

Thanks AJ for the report.

Getta
05-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Estoril

(1WC) Gilles Simon vs Robert Kendrick
Fabio Fognini vs (WC) Gaston Gaudio
Simon Greul vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs (7) Albert Montanes

(3) David Ferrer vs Daniel Gimeno
Oscar Hernandez vs (WC) Rui Machado
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez vs Maximo Gonzalez
Paul Capdeville vs (5) David Nalbandian

(8) Florent Serra vs Diego Junqueira
Juan Monaco vs Qualifier
Pablo Andujar vs Marc Gicquel
Frederico Gil vs (4) James Blake

(6) Mardy Fish vs Teimuraz Gabashvili
Ivan Navarro vs Alberto Martin
Juan Carlos Ferrero vs Qualifier
Andrei Golubev vs (2) Nikolay Davydenko

Eléa
05-03-2009, 06:01 PM
:hug: Congratulations Gaston!!! :worship: i'm so happy :bigclap:

Vale
05-03-2009, 06:52 PM
GAUDIO CAMPEÓN!!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::cat:

I´n SO, SO, SO happy, for him, for me, for all us fans! This is more than just a win in a Challenger: it´s Gastón rising from the ashes after his burnout, conquering his demons, winning five matches in a row, learning to keep his cool during the important points, having faith in himself once again.:worship: Like when he won RG, this is a lesson to us all!

Gaston Wheatons
05-03-2009, 07:32 PM
this is fantactic news for gaudio and me , i am so happy, win so good alomst atp tournament

Springer89
05-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Wonderful, I'm so happy! :banana:

Thanks for the report, AJ.
Service was the weakest part of his game and I'm glad that Gato served wisely. How many DFs (if any)?
Encouraging that there were no mental slumps and that he demonstrated a great fighting spirit.
Just keep it like this, Gato! :cat:

martine2
05-03-2009, 08:00 PM
GAUDIO CAMPEÓN!!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::cat:

I´n SO, SO, SO happy, for him, for me, for all us fans! This is more than just a win in a Challenger: it´s Gastón rising from the ashes after his burnout, conquering his demons, winning five matches in a row, learning to keep his cool during the important points, having faith in himself once again.:worship: Like when he won RG, this is a lesson to us all!

Fully agree Vale! :yeah:

And BIG CONGRATS to El Gato!!! :banana: :banana:

Thanks for the report George!

Corina2605
05-03-2009, 09:05 PM
WOWWOWWOWO!! :):):) BIG CONGRATS TO GASTON on a great week :):):) I am soooo happy for him that he has found his game again and that he enjoys to be back on court :) Vamos Gaston!!!!

acionescu
05-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Congratulations for Gaston and his fans :aparty: :banana:

So happy for all of you, I know it must have been hard times :hatoff:

LOVELY
05-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Congrats Gaston :worship: Grande GG :woohoo:

Vale
05-03-2009, 11:47 PM
I will give a more detailed report now.

Gaston served well and intelligently in the 1st set, got a high percentage of serves in and moved the ball around, using the angles and then setting up for the backhand and pressed Gil into error.

Gil cut down the errors in the 2nd set and took advantage of Gaston's lapse in concentration.

Both played clown games to lose serve in the first 2 games and then from there, it was competitive and Gil had a few more bp chances, but Gaston fought them off and broke easily, then held on, hehe.

Thanks for all the info!:D I´ve posted it in Spanish in our Yahoo group (credited to you, of course!)

Action Jackson
05-04-2009, 05:13 AM
Vale, I am glad you could translate some of my idiosyncratic words.

Tunis was fun, now onto Estoril.

Denisse
05-05-2009, 03:27 AM
This is wonderful news!! Congratulations to Gaston!!! i'm so happy for him!! He deserves it after his hard work!! Felicidades campeon! :D :D

Getta
05-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Gaston is second match on Centralito tomorrow, not before 12.30pm.

Vale
05-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Vamos Gastón!!! Keep it up, just have fun and you´ll win!:D

Caio_Brasil
05-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Vamos Gato.

Hopefully the casino doesn't affect his game, he likes the stuff. At least Mariano is playing at Savannah :lol:

martine2
05-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Good luck Gato!! :banana: :banana:

martine2
05-06-2009, 12:06 PM
They're about to start!

roberthenman
05-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Fognini def Gaston :awww: :awww:

Getta
05-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah I know, isn't that bad though.

Corina2605
05-06-2009, 07:55 PM
:( I really like Fabio, but I wanted Gaston to win this match. Hopefully Gaston gets the WC for RG, he would deserve it.

Vale
05-06-2009, 09:55 PM
I´m disappointed but not really surprised. Six matches in a row would have been unexpected in someone who´s just returning. As Gastón said, he´s starting his career from scratch once again.
Has nobody seen the match??? Funny that George hasn´t posted anything, did you get to see it?

Action Jackson
05-07-2009, 06:44 AM
I saw parts of it, he was just a step behind in everything, service problems were there as well, this is just all part of the long road back.

Gaston Wheatons
05-07-2009, 07:50 AM
this is normal to lose, 90 procent of tournamentwinner losing always the first round of next tournament,because they are tired.So this is not too bad!

Action Jackson
05-09-2009, 03:46 AM
The main draw should be out for Bordeaux later today.

Pixie
05-09-2009, 06:18 AM
The common thought even in France is that the Beaujolais comes from Bordeaux when it actually is located in the south of another well-known place for the wine aka the Bourgogne.

reiko
05-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Gaston will attend the draw ceremony on Sunday (11 a.m.):

http://www.atp-primrosebordeaux.com/infosdujour.php?idactu=16
Le tirage au sort du tableau final aura lieu à l'entrée du Village VIP, dimanche 10 mai, à partir de 11h.
Il se fera en présence de Fabrice Santoro, Michaël Llodra, Arnaud Clément, Gaston Gaudio (vainqueur Roland Garros 2004) et des Girondins de Bordeaux.

Hope he will have a nice draw :)

Getta
05-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Main Draw

F. SANTORO vs L. ROSOL
G. GAUDIO vs Qualifier
L. RECOUDERC vs S. VENTURA
Qualifier vs W. ODESNIK

A. CLEMENT vs F. VOLANDRI
T. TENCONI vs S. ROITMAN
M. MONTCOURT vs P. CUEVAS
A. SIDORENKO vs M. LLODRA

D. ISTOMIN vs J. OUANNA
M. RODRIGUES vs S. BOHLI
E. ROGER-VASSELIN vs H. ZEBALLOS
A. GOLUBEV vs D. JUNQUEIRA

P. CAPDEVILLE vs N. MAHUT
Y. SCHUKIN vs K. ANDERSON
Qualifier vs Qualifier
R. JOUAN vs M. GICQUEL

Action Jackson
05-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Not the best of draws, but do what you can.

Vale
05-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Main Draw

F. SANTORO vs L. ROSOL
G. GAUDIO vs Qualifier
L. RECOUDERC vs S. VENTURA
Qualifier vs W. ODESNIK

A. CLEMENT vs F. VOLANDRI
T. TENCONI vs S. ROITMAN
M. MONTCOURT vs P. CUEVAS
A. SIDORENKO vs M. LLODRA

D. ISTOMIN vs J. OUANNA
M. RODRIGUES vs S. BOHLI
E. ROGER-VASSELIN vs H. ZEBALLOS
A. GOLUBEV vs D. JUNQUEIRA

P. CAPDEVILLE vs N. MAHUT
Y. SCHUKIN vs K. ANDERSON
Qualifier vs Qualifier
R. JOUAN vs M. GICQUEL

Thanks Getta! Assuming Gastón gets through R1... Santoro!!!:eek:

Getta
05-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Gastón will play Jean René Lisnard in the first round.

Hope he gets off to a great start.

Action Jackson
05-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Sexy Lisnard, it won't be easy.

Vale
05-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Gastón will play Jean René Lisnard in the first round.

Hope he gets off to a great start.

VAMOS GASTOOOONNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getta
05-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Gaston is third match on Centre Court tomorrow, not before 1.30pm.

martine2
05-12-2009, 03:24 AM
Good luck Gato!!! :rocker2:

reiko
05-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Livestreaming on bwin.
Gaston leading 6-2 0-0.