Rafa vs Roger-Physical, Mental, Natural Talent [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa vs Roger-Physical, Mental, Natural Talent

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Tennis can pretty much be devided into three aspects, physical, mental and natural talent. So i thought it would be interesting to compare the two players according to these three aspects. Here is what i think:

Rafa

Physical-10/10
Mental-10/10
Talent-6/10

Roger

Physical-8/10
Mental-8/10(6/10 against Rafa)
Talent-10/10

I say 6/10 aganst Rafa for Roger because Rafa seems to be a difficult matchup for Roger and he seems mentally fragile when he plays Rafa. What do you guys think? Feel free to make up your own scores. Another thing is the 6/10 for natural ability for Rafa which may raise some eyebrows but i honestly dont believe he has much natural talent. The fact that he is left-handed helps him a lot and his physical and mental is so good that you still have one hell of a player.

rafa_maniac
02-13-2009, 11:30 AM
What is "talent" made up of if not for physical and mental abilities :confused:

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 11:35 AM
What is "talent" made up of if not for physical and mental abilities :confused:

I didnt say mental or physical was not talent. I might as well have called it mental talent, physical talent and natural talent.

Bernard Black
02-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Obsessed much?

Primus
02-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Rafa

Talent-6/10

ruanz33:

Tennis knowledge - 1/10

by your definition Hussain Bolt could be next atp no.1
Seriously, do you have to create 10 all the same useless topic? Rafa is better player, get over it ffs...

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 11:43 AM
ruanz33:

Tennis knowledge - 1/10

by your definition Hussain Bolt could be next atp no.1
Seriously, do you have to create 10 all the same useless topic? Rafa is better player, get over it ffs...

Tennis knowledge - 0/10

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Obsessed much?

Yes

dark_ambient
02-13-2009, 11:46 AM
ruanz33:
Tennis knowledge - 1/10I'm sorry...I don't follow... Is that 1 or -1 cause it's very close and i just cannot make up my mind... :confused:

andylovesaustin
02-13-2009, 11:51 AM
To me, Rafa's major talent is that he hates to lose. I am boxing fan and have been to a number of fights. Rafa reminds me of the very best boxers I've seen. If he is physically able, Rafa just keeps coming back even after being knocked down. Out of all of the tennis players I've seen, right now, Rafa is the best at playing in the moment.

Roger is very strong mentally, too, but his major talent is his natural gift for tennis. He is just a beautiful player to watch and clearly loves the game. Regardless of what the future holds, I really believe Roger is the GOAT.

Primus
02-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Tennis knowledge - 0/10

-1 < 0 :haha::haha::haha:

I'm sorry...I don't follow... Is that 1 or -1 cause it's very close and i just cannot make up my mind... :confused:
-1 of course and I already feel i was to generous :)

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm sorry...I don't follow... Is that 1 or -1 cause it's very close and i just cannot make up my mind... :confused:

At least have the integrity to explain yourself, or else you are just another troll. Come to think of it you are probably one.

Henry Kaspar
02-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Rafa

Physical-11/10
Mental-10/10
Talent-9/10

Roger

Physical-10/10
Talent-12/10

Nadal's phsycial and Federer's talent score are just outside the normal range.

cmurray
02-13-2009, 11:59 AM
:haha:

You DO realize that saying "Rafa's not talented" over and over again isn't going to magically make it true, right?

:hug: It'll be alright.

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 12:00 PM
-1 < 0 :haha::haha::haha:

-1 of course and I already feel i was to generous :)

:silly: Only a :retard: like you can come up with math like that :smash:

Bobby
02-13-2009, 12:00 PM
You can't put a number on someone's talent! I'm having a useless day but I wouldn't come up with a thread like this. I rather watch Dallas season 8 dvd.

But I'm still a little bit interested. Why is Rafa physically 10/10, when he's having problems with his knees all the time? Federer on the other hand hasn't had injuries at all really, yet he's only 8/10.

And natural talent 6/10 for Nadal?!! He's won GS on three different surfaces, Olympic Gold and is No.1. The guy is extremely talented, even if his shots are not as smooth looking as you would like.

It's Friday, go out and have a beer or something! I'm sick so I'm stuck with reading threads like this.

Johnny Groove
02-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Ruanz :hug:

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 12:01 PM

You DO realize that saying "Rafa's not talented" over and over again isn't going to magically make it true, right?

:hug: It'll be alright.

Who are you talking to? I never said Rafa wanst talented :confused:

rafa_maniac
02-13-2009, 12:03 PM
I didnt say mental or physical was not talent. I might as well have called it mental talent, physical talent and natural talent.

I'll try again, what is "natural talent" comprised of then?

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 12:05 PM
You can't put a number on someone's talent! I'm having a useless day but I wouldn't come up with a thread like this. I rather watch Dallas season 8 dvd.

But I'm still a little bit interested. Why is Rafa physically 10/10, when he's having problems with his knees all the time? Federer on the other hand hasn't had injuries at all really, yet he's only 8/10.

And natural talent 6/10 for Nadal?!! He's won GS on three different surfaces, Olympic Gold and is No.1. The guy is extremely talented, even if his shots are not as smooth looking as you would like.

It's Friday, go out and have a beer or something! I'm sick so I'm stuck with reading threads like this.

Maybe you should drink less beer then you would have more braincells to talk sense and get sick less ;)

prima donna
02-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Yawn.

Primus
02-13-2009, 12:09 PM
:silly: Only a :retard: like you can come up with math like that :smash:
Well i don't know your math teacher, but if you can't figure out that -1 is less than a 0, help you god. No wonder you argue about 13 > 6, cos you don't really know what it means :haha::haha:

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 12:10 PM
I'll try again, what is "natural talent" comprised of then?

Natural talent is the only one of the three aspects that is a given, your born with a certain amount of natural talent and you can develop it as much as you want but it wont go past a certain point. Basically its just your ball skills or ball sense. Also your hand eye coordination. For example it takes quiet a lot of talent to take the ball on the rise. Rafa doesnt take the ball on the rise because he doesnt have enough natural talent so he makes up for it in physical and mental abilities. Roger on the other can park off on the baseline and take the ball on the rise with ease.

Primus
02-13-2009, 12:15 PM
For example it takes quiet a lot of talent to take the ball on the rise. Rafa doesnt take the ball on the rise because he doesnt have enough natural talent so he makes up for it in physical and mental abilities. Roger on the other can park off on the baseline and take the ball on the rise with ease.

Sorry, but you really are braindead.

HattonWBA
02-13-2009, 12:17 PM
I would make a few changes but its a pretty fair assumption

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Sorry, but you really are braindead.

:haha: You are really hurting arnt you?!

cmurray
02-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Who are you talking to? I never said Rafa wanst talented :confused:

Right. :rolls: You just gave him a 6 out of 10. Seriously, man. Let it go.

Action Jackson
02-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Seriously, ruanz, have you been getting drugs from Zimbabwe.

mediter
02-13-2009, 01:25 PM
hitlerfan, you pretty well know that norway is a hub for drug trafficking. so why not mention norway???

Henry Kaspar
02-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Rafa doesnt take the ball on the rise

?????

duong
02-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Tennis can pretty much be devided into three aspects, physical, mental and natural talent. So i thought it would be interesting to compare the two players according to these three aspects. Here is what i think:

Rafa

Physical-10/10
Mental-10/10
Talent-6/10

Roger

Physical-8/10
Talent-10/10

I say 6/10 aganst Rafa for Roger because Rafa seems to be a difficult matchup for Roger and he seems mentally fragile when he plays Rafa. What do you guys think? Feel free to make up your own scores. Another thing is the 6/10 for natural ability for Rafa which may raise some eyebrows but i honestly dont believe he has much natural talent. The fact that he is left-handed helps him a lot and his physical and mental is so good that you still have one hell of a player.

Rafa should never be 10/10 for physics, as his physics is so fragile.

Federer should be ahead of Nadal for physics.

And as for talent, the problem is that so many people interprete as "technical talent" whereas your natural energy and force and mental are a lot a lot a matter of natural talent

Then for me :

Rafa

Physical-8/10
Mental-10/10
Talent-9/10

Roger

Physical-9/10
Mental-9/10
Talent-9/10

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 01:42 PM
?????

?????

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Right. :rolls: You just gave him a 6 out of 10. Seriously, man. Let it go.

Seriously what? Talent doesnt just include natural ability, i already said that on this thread.

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Ruanz :hug:

:)

Henry Kaspar
02-13-2009, 01:57 PM
If the point of this thread is to confirm that Federer is technically the more complete tennis player than Nadal, but that Nadal comepnsates for this through physcial and mental intensity, then I obviously agree.

Interesting point by duong about "physical fragility". I guess this has two aspects:
(i) is the player at risk of injuries etc. -- and Nadal of course is
(ii) can the player when he is fit tap into tremendous energy reserves -- and here Nadal is pretty unique.

tennizen
02-13-2009, 01:59 PM
If the point of this thread is to confirm that Federer is technically the more complete tennis player than Nadal, but that Nadal comepnsates for this through physcial and mental intensity, then I obviously agree.

:worship: You have just proved that ruanz is a misunderstood genius

Fiberlight1
02-13-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd say.. 13-6 in favor of Nadal.

Metis
02-13-2009, 02:04 PM

I'm pretty sure both Federer and Nadal would score low in physics; though if we were to consider the different basic topics of physics they would do better in classical mechanics than electmagnetism.

:D

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm pretty sure both Federer and Nadal would score low in physics; though if we were to consider the different basic topics of physics they would do better in classical mechanics than electmagnetism.

tennizen
02-13-2009, 02:11 PM

I think Rafa would do better than Fed in Optics:angel:

MisterQ
02-13-2009, 02:12 PM

I don't know, I hear moonballers are well versed in astrophysics.

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 02:15 PM
I'd say.. 13-6 in favor of Nadal.

Id say 13-6 in favor of Roger.

Bazooka
02-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Do you really think you can simplify tennis proficiency to 3 numbers 1 to 10, do you?

However, things can be represented numerically to some degree, like it's done in RPG's.

There are many different shots, and to every shot you should have a rating for power, consistency and aggressiveness. And topspin forehand is a different shot than flat or sliced forehand, or forehand volley, so you must put each of those values to at least 10 shots not including service.

Then there are different movements, along the baseline, approaching net, or simply going into baseline for a winner.

Physical skills can be simply a factor on the values above, but a realist system should take into account fatigue, both short term and long term (from long match, or from many matches in the last weeks).

Finally on the mental department, there is simply no way to do it. Nadal is obviously stronger than anyone else, but many of his defeats are often mental. Federer is very though mentally, but against Nadal he loses confidence.

So good luck trying to do a numerical representation on the above and ranking all of the top 100 on them. At least it will keep you busy for a while.

duong
02-13-2009, 02:16 PM
(ii) can the player when he is fit tap into tremendous energy reserves -- and here Nadal is pretty unique.

I would rather say that Nadal has a natural energy which is quite extraordinary.

I don't think he is so much superiorly resistant comparing to other players (I don't think he is more than Federer for instance).

But he has an incredible energy.

I would rather put that in "natural talent".

duong
02-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Nadal is obviously stronger than anyone else, but many of his defeats are often mental.

What do you mean ? :confused:

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Seriously, ruanz, have you been getting drugs from Zimbabwe.

No, Transkei. They have the best homegrown. I smoke it before i write my blog, thats why its so damn good :smoke:

dark_ambient
02-13-2009, 02:23 PM
At least have the integrity to explain yourself, or else you are just another troll. Come to think of it you are probably one.You say you have thirty something years of age and you enlisted on this forum like a month ago... You now have almost 1200 posts already... It's probably fair to say that you use internet a lot because it seems that an hour on this forum does not go bye unless a ruanz message exists... What do you do in real life anyway? Do you even have one? Are you rich so you don't have to work? I consider myself an obsessed fan of this sport and probably a FedTard(although i do not grasp the concept that well) but when i read your posts my ass is laughing harder than my brain... Your obsession with Federer is downright sick and is approaching mental illness status... I'm not sure what you want to do on this forum... To convince the other fans of other players that Federer is far superior to Nadal or any other player for that matter? If you know that why bother with the rest of us? In conclusion i think that your arguments are childish and do not reflect the age that you wrote there...
ruanz:
physical = 30
mental = illness, age 5
natural talent(for retarded posts) = 10
Hope this helps... :wavey:
As far as the Rafito - Fedex contest goes who cares? :confused: Rafito owns him 13-6... End of story mate.

JolánGagó
02-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Why is this trolling thread still open? :shrug:

Mods, please obliterate this malicious and utterly irrelevant thread from the face of Earth as soon as possible. Please ban its starter as well if possible, thank you, he brings nothing but ill feelings to this community.

Metis
02-13-2009, 02:25 PM
I think Rafa would do better than Fed in Optics:angel:

I don't know, I hear moonballers are well versed in astrophysics.

:worship: Excellent points.

Now that I think about it Rafa clearly has higher natural talent too. Although he hasn't had a significant education, the low number of UEs indicate an innate understanding of classical mechanics and particularly in calculating correctly the trajectory of objects etc...

Based on all the above:

natural talent: Nadal>Federer

physics: Nadal>Federer (duong = pwned :p)

:sport:

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Do you really think you can simplify tennis proficiency to 3 numbers 1 to 10, do you?

However, things can be represented numerically to some degree, like it's done in RPG's.

There are many different shots, and to every shot you should have a rating for power, consistency and aggressiveness. And topspin forehand is a different shot than flat or sliced forehand, or forehand volley, so you must put each of those values to at least 10 shots not including service.

Then there are different movements, along the baseline, approaching net, or simply going into baseline for a winner.

Physical skills can be simply a factor on the values above, but a realist system should take into account fatigue, both short term and long term (from long match, or from many matches in the last weeks).

Finally on the mental department, there is simply no way to do it. Nadal is obviously stronger than anyone else, but many of his defeats are often mental. Federer is very though mentally, but against Nadal he loses confidence.

So good luck trying to do a numerical representation on the above and ranking all of the top 100 on them. At least it will keep you busy for a while.

Of course i thought of the fact that you can subdevide every aspect but that would take forever, i just wanted to make a general summary. I dont know why you think Nadal's defeats are often mental. Thats the one thing you cant accuse him of. The only reason he loses is lack of attacking abilities on a fast surface and that because of lack of naural talent. Its nt because of lack of mental or physical abilities

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Why is this trolling thread still open? :shrug:

Mods, please obliterate this malicious and utterly irrelevant thread from the face of Earth as soon as possible. Please ban its starter as well if possible, thank you, he brings nothing but ill feelings to this community.

Mods please ban this utterly irrelevant person from the face of planet earth. Thanks.

duong
02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Now that I think about it Rafa clearly has higher natural talent too. Although he hasn't had a significant education, the low number of UEs indicate an innate understanding of classical mechanics and particularly in calculating correctly the trajectory of objects etc...

I think he has more difficulty about that in Netherlands than in Australia, considering the horrible UE he made yesterday :

do you think it's a matter of hemisphere ? :lol:

(btw, I loved the joke : now I will know how you say that in English)

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 02:31 PM
You say you have thirty something years of age and you enlisted on this forum like a month ago... You now have almost 1200 posts already... It's probably fair to say that you use internet a lot because it seems that an hour on this forum does not go bye unless a ruanz message exists... What do you do in real life anyway? Do you even have one? Are you rich so you don't have to work? I consider myself an obsessed fan of this sport and probably a FedTard(although i do not grasp the concept that well) but when i read your posts my ass is laughing harder than my brain... Your obsession with Federer is downright sick and is approaching mental illness status... I'm not sure what you want to do on this forum... To convince the other fans of other players that Federer is far superior to Nadal or any other player for that matter? If you know that why bother with the rest of us? In conclusion i think that your arguments are childish and do not reflect the age that you wrote there...
ruanz:
physical = 30
mental = illness, age 5
As far as the Rafito - Fedex contest goes who cares? :confused: Rafito owns him 13-6... End of story mate.

Ok we have another psychopath on this forum, that makes two.

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 02:34 PM
You say you have thirty something years of age and you enlisted on this forum like a month ago... You now have almost 1200 posts already... It's probably fair to say that you use internet a lot because it seems that an hour on this forum does not go bye unless a ruanz message exists... What do you do in real life anyway? Do you even have one? Are you rich so you don't have to work? I consider myself an obsessed fan of this sport and probably a FedTard(although i do not grasp the concept that well) but when i read your posts my ass is laughing harder than my brain... Your obsession with Federer is downright sick and is approaching mental illness status... I'm not sure what you want to do on this forum... To convince the other fans of other players that Federer is far superior to Nadal or any other player for that matter? If you know that why bother with the rest of us? In conclusion i think that your arguments are childish and do not reflect the age that you wrote there...
ruanz:
physical = 30
mental = illness, age 5

Its funny how you talk as though i give a rats ass about your mindless blabbering :lol:

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 02:36 PM
ruanz:
physical = 30
mental = illness, age 5

Man am i gona have me some fun pissing you off on this forum. What a tard.

dark_ambient
02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEZJei6DD0o
Hope this helps you visiting a psychiatrist... :wavey:

Metis
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM
I think he has more difficulty about that in Netherlands than in Australia, considering the horrible UE he made yesterday :

do you think it's a matter of hemisphere ? :lol:

(btw, I loved the joke : now I will know how you say that in English)

Hmmm interesting point... I think he probably didn't have enough time to adapt to the change and failed to take into account the differences in gravitational acceleration. :shrug:

(:lol: I understood what you meant, I just took the opportunity to make a joke. :p)

Primus
02-13-2009, 02:43 PM
95% of people here disagree with you big time..in every topic you post. Can you please stop? Go write in your blog whatever you like, but please stop this nonsense here.

Chris Seahorse
02-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Rafa

Physical-11/10
Mental-10/10
Talent-9/10

Roger

Physical-10/10
Talent-12/10

Nadal's phsycial and Federer's talent score are just outside the normal range.

I would go along with all that except if you are going to give Federer a 12 for his racket skills you have to give Nadal a 12 for his mental skills. He is probably the strongest player mentally of the open era. Besides that, no arguments at all with those assessments.

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 08:00 PM
95% of people here disagree with you big time..in every topic you post. Can you please stop? Go write in your blog whatever you like, but please stop this nonsense here.

Get lost you freak, your the the only one(aside from complete psychopaths) that disagree with me cos you have a crush on a moonballer. Go start your own forum called 'We'd like to sleep with Rafa' or something.

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 08:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEZJei6DD0o
Hope this helps you visiting a psychiatrist... :wavey:

You didnt honestly think i waz gonna click on your link did you?! :haha:

What a dumbass! :eek:

ORGASMATRON
02-13-2009, 08:16 PM

And as for talent, the problem is that so many people interprete as "technical talent" whereas your natural energy and force and mental are a lot a lot a matter of natural talent

Then for me :

Rafa

Physical-8/10
Mental-10/10
Talent-9/10

Roger

Physical-9/10
Mental-9/10
Talent-9/10

I apologize to the people on my thread who wants to talk sense, you know how it is with the trolls i had to put them in their place :o

Ok lets see. Im glad you came up with these numbers cos i didnt mean to sound like my numbers were final or anything. I think Rafa is good physically, i dont know anyone in the history of tennis that has been better so i gave him a 10. Injuries will come if you are that good physically theres not much you can do about that. Talent i cant agree with the 9/10 of course i would push it to 7 thats as far as i would go.

As for Rogers physical i was considering 9/10 also, he is really good in that aspect, but if you give roger a 9 you must give Rafa a 10 because he has more stamina and strength while speed i guess is more or less even. Mental could be 9 as well but he lacks killer instinct i feel. Talent is fair enough as well.

MalwareDie
02-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Mugboar isn't that great physically. If he didn't 50 years between points with his ball bouncing, shorts picking, and slowly getting into position, he would perform much worse. He also isn't that strong mentally. He relies on psyching out his opponents with his stalling. Match him with a strong attacker and he will crumble. He doesn't have that much natural talent either and many retired players have commented on how he's not as talented as Federer and has to work for every point.

Henry Kaspar
02-13-2009, 09:26 PM
but if you give roger a 9 you must give Rafa a 10 because he has more stamina and strength while speed i guess is more or less even.

I've never seen any signs of physical weakness in Federer. No slowing, no cramps, no blisters, no nothing. By contrast, Nadal has chronic tenditis in his knees. Other than that see both pretty evenly in terms of fitness. Neither of them is troubled when he has to play 4 hours. His nerves have let Federer down a few times in his career, but not his body.

kobulingam
02-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Roger

Physical - ?/10
Mental - 9/10 (2/10 against his pimp Rafa)
Talent - ?/10

thrust
02-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Mugboar isn't that great physically. If he didn't 50 years between points with his ball bouncing, shorts picking, and slowly getting into position, he would perform much worse. He also isn't that strong mentally. He relies on psyching out his opponents with his stalling. Match him with a strong attacker and he will crumble. He doesn't have that much natural talent either and many retired players have commented on how he's not as talented as Federer and has to work for every point.

PATHETIC POST!! H-H NADAL LEADS 13-6, SLAMS, NADAL LEADS 6-2, SLAM FINALS, NADAL LEADS 5-2. Ridicule Rafa all you want, but the fact is, he is superior to Federer. It is wins that count, not style. Until Roger can equal or dominate Rafa he cannot be considered the GOAT. Sampras dominated the top players of his era, as did Laver. Rafa is dominating Roger. Accept the obvious!

Primus
02-13-2009, 10:15 PM
PATHETIC POST!! H-H NADAL LEADS 13-6, SLAMS, NADAL LEADS 6-2, SLAM FINALS, NADAL LEADS 5-2. Ridicule Rafa all you want, but the fact is, he is superior to Federer. It is wins that count, not style. Until Roger can equal or dominate Rafa he cannot be considered the GOAT. Sampras dominated the top players of his era, as did Laver. Rafa is dominating Roger. Accept the obvious!

:worship:

habibko
02-13-2009, 11:25 PM
just wait 2 more weeks ruanz, Clay Death will return and show you the light :rolleyes:

out of 10 scales are highly subjective, we all know that Roger has more raw talent than Nadal (some know it but refuse to admit it), and Nadal is mentally tougher than Federer when they play each other, and physically it is debatable since I never saw any of them reaching their physical limit even against each other, they seem to have endless stamina which makes them unbelievable athletes :worship:

tangerine_dream
02-14-2009, 12:04 AM
"Talent" is not one of those intangibles that PMac checks off in a box just before the match begins, ruanz. :lol:

This blog posted a whole bunch of stats (http://www.tennisthoughts.com/2009/02/02/detailed-analysis-of-the-federer-nadal-final-of-the-australian-open-2009/) about the match if anyone's interested.

rafa_maniac
02-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Natural talent is the only one of the three aspects that is a given, your born with a certain amount of natural talent and you can develop it as much as you want but it wont go past a certain point. Basically its just your ball skills or ball sense. Also your hand eye coordination. For example it takes quiet a lot of talent to take the ball on the rise. Rafa doesnt take the ball on the rise because he doesnt have enough natural talent so he makes up for it in physical and mental abilities. Roger on the other can park off on the baseline and take the ball on the rise with ease.

Hand eye co-ordination? A mental talent. And Rafa has it in spades. How do you think he pulls of those stunning passing shots? He knows exactly where his racquet head is in relation to the ball, the speed it's travelling, the location of the opponent on the court, where to place it, etc... Wait, why am I responding seriously to this joke thread? :spit:

dabeast
02-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Ruanz, you're being too generous.

For natural talent, Nadal gets 4/10.

Mostly for uglifying the sport with brute force and no real gift for tennis. His mental fortitude and never-say-die attitude compensates. Hell, he shoulda been footballer, he's certainly built for that. But for something as specialised as tennis, his hands weren't born for tennis. Unlike Federer.

crude oil
02-14-2009, 08:44 AM
:lol:

rafa is 6/10 for talent...ridiculous.

federer is like 9/10 in physical. nadal is slightly better now mentally, but federer was a mental juggernaut since 2004. lets see if nadal can keep up the mental part of his game for another year or two.

despite the common thought in MTF that federer chokes or is not mentally strong like rafa in their matches, i actually think its more of a strategy issue especially on break points. its not like federer doesnt have chances in these matches...he's getting tons of them which means he is doing something right. he needs to play the bps with a different mindset.

crude oil
02-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Hand eye co-ordination? A mental talent. And Rafa has it in spades. How do you think he pulls of those stunning passing shots? He knows exactly where his racquet head is in relation to the ball, the speed it's travelling, the location of the opponent on the court, where to place it, etc... Wait, why am I responding seriously to this joke thread? :spit:

rafa's hand-eye is underrated...he can take the ball early and late depending on the situation, surface and tactics. he also is so solid given his extreme grip-few shanks and few mistakes.

r3d_d3v1l_
02-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Rafa

Physical-9/10
Mental-10/10
Talent- -0/10

Roger

Physical-9/10 (i would give him a 10 but his is a little slower and his foot job isn´t perfect)
Mental-9/10 (against Nadal, he is 0/10)
Talent-100/10

ORGASMATRON
02-14-2009, 10:00 AM

Mostly for uglifying the sport with brute force and no real gift for tennis. His mental fortitude and never-say-die attitude compensates. Hell, he shoulda been footballer, he's certainly built for that. But for something as specialised as tennis, his hands weren't born for tennis. Unlike Federer.

Thank god someone with some sense on ths thread for a change :yeah:

ORGASMATRON
02-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Rafa

Physical-9/10
Mental-10/10
Talent- -0/10

Roger

Physical-9/10 (i would give him a 10 but his is a little slower and his foot job isn´t perfect)
Mental-9/10 (against Nadal, he is 0/10)
Talent-100/10

Lol fair enough post.

ORGASMATRON
02-14-2009, 10:06 AM
he can take the ball early .

:spit:

ORGASMATRON
02-14-2009, 10:20 AM
I've never seen any signs of physical weakness in Federer. No slowing, no cramps, no blisters, no nothing. By contrast, Nadal has chronic tenditis in his knees. Other than that see both pretty evenly in terms of fitness. Neither of them is troubled when he has to play 4 hours. His nerves have let Federer down a few times in his career, but not his body.

Good point, i think we have come to the conclusion that Roger is equal to Rafa in physical if not better. He will certainly last longer, but then again Rafa is doing a lot more work on court.

thrust
02-14-2009, 10:38 AM

I am sure Roger wishes Rafa was a footballer, rather than a tennis player with an ugly game- LOL!! Seriously, I also prefer Roger^s tennis style but Rafa's game and determination are awsome! Their two totally different styles helps to make their matches so interesting to watch.