Any more Federer-Nadal finals in 2009? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Any more Federer-Nadal finals in 2009?

BackhandMissile
02-13-2009, 07:19 AM
A lot of people seem to automatically assume that Federer and Nadal WILL meet at Roland Garros and Wimbledon (has happened for 2 consecutive years now) but for all we know, they might not meet at a Grand Slam for the rest of the year.

Federer was pushed to the edge by Andreev at the USO and Berdych in Australia, and Nadal seemed to have a few tight moments at the USO (before losing to Murray), not to mention the 5-setter vs Verdasco in Australia.

In other words, they're both beatable, Federer more on clay, Nadal more on grass. A couple of hungry players in good form could make the difference here.

habibko
02-13-2009, 07:41 AM
A lot of people seem to automatically assume that Federer and Nadal WILL meet at Roland Garros and Wimbledon (has happened for 2 consecutive years now)

3 consecutive years (2006-2007-2008)

and yes you should expect many more finals between them.

leng jai
02-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Who gives a fuck?

LinkMage
02-13-2009, 07:46 AM
I hope not. Awful matches and I'm tired of seeing Fed bending over.

duong
02-13-2009, 07:47 AM
A lot of people seem to automatically assume that Federer and Nadal WILL meet at Roland Garros and Wimbledon (has happened for 2 consecutive years now) but for all we know, they might not meet at a Grand Slam for the rest of the year.

Federer was pushed to the edge by Andreev at the USO and Berdych in Australia, and Nadal seemed to have a few tight moments at the USO (before losing to Murray), not to mention the 5-setter vs Verdasco in Australia.

In other words, they're both beatable, Federer more on clay, Nadal more on grass. A couple of hungry players in good form could make the difference here.

Of course, and I hope they won't meet again.

But it may happen, that's for sure, as clay and especially grass are better surfaces for them than for their best competitors (except that Djokovic is quite good on grass).

LinkMage
02-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Djokovic good on grass?

crude oil
02-13-2009, 07:52 AM
federer has not been pushed on clay to 5...which is interesting...

neither on grass..on hard...though yes. twice.

CescAndyKimi
02-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Yep, yet more bending over by Federror. Hopefully Murray and Djoko can step in.

HattonWBA
02-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Thay will meet in the final of wimbeldon and the french open in my opinion, proberbly not the US Open tho, although even there it is a strong possibility

Stefwhit
02-14-2009, 03:50 AM
It's hard not to imagine them not getting to the finals at RG and Wimby, but I guess you're right and anything is possible. I just wouldn't bet against it.

federernadalfan
02-14-2009, 03:57 AM
they will meet in fo, wimbly and uso this yr

HarryMan
02-14-2009, 04:05 AM
I hope not at RG anymore, that will be some royal owning :tape:

I wouldn't mind at Wimby and USO though, it should be close matches going either way.

vamosinator
02-14-2009, 04:06 AM
I think it's best for THE RAFA's career that he keeps playing Federer and increase the head-to-head to about 30-6 or some huge edge like that just so there is no doubt who is better in history, though I think the slam totals will indicate it anyway :worship:
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/peiris1/wimbledon08.jpg

icedevil0289
02-14-2009, 04:12 AM
I don't think my heart can take more federer-nadal finals. I definitely want roger to get to the french open final, but its 99.9% guaranteed that rafa will win, but a miracle can always happen. As for wimbledon, if both get to the final and god forbid nadal wins, I'll probably die of a heart attack or something.

Benny_Maths
02-14-2009, 04:41 AM
I don't think my heart can take more federer-nadal finals. I definitely want roger to get to the french open final, but its 99.9% guaranteed that rafa will win, but a miracle can always happen. As for wimbledon, if both get to the final and god forbid nadal wins, I'll probably die of a heart attack or something.

Then Rafa would be 75% of the way to a calendar grand slam. Imagine that.:D

icedevil0289
02-14-2009, 04:54 AM
Then Rafa would be 75% of the way to a calendar grand slam. Imagine that.:D

hopefully federer can win the US open and everything will be alright.

Benny_Maths
02-14-2009, 05:00 AM
hopefully federer can win the US open and everything will be alright.

Hopefully he can win Wimbledon as well. :yeah:

icedevil0289
02-14-2009, 05:01 AM
Hopefully he can win Wimbledon as well. :yeah:

ofcourse. lol

vamosinator
02-14-2009, 05:29 AM
Imagine THE RAFA winning Wimbledon, now THAT would be fun:bigclap::crying2::singer: and then have the US Open to look forward to:p

meihaditalab
02-14-2009, 05:37 AM
many more to come. and most likely nadal is going to win them unless Fed improves his mental game, which i dont see happening.

SaFed2005
02-14-2009, 01:24 PM
I hope not. Awful matches and I'm tired of seeing Fed bending over.

No more Nadal - Federror final please. I am sick of seeing Fed bend over each and every time. If they both make the finals I just hope they go straight to the trophy presentation instead of bothering to waste around 5 hours playing a match.

superslam77
02-14-2009, 01:36 PM
2 more grandslam finals this year and maybe 2 ms finals.

i guess fed will win one of these but i bet it's a ms one :confused:..

miura
02-14-2009, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't mind a certain upset at the French :angel:

miura
02-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Imagine THE RAFA winning Wimbledon, now THAT would be fun:bigclap::crying2::singer: and then have the US Open to look forward to:p

Rafa's chances to win the US Open are so slim it would give the thickness of the paint on early Alfa-Romeo's a run for it's money!

Snoo Foo
02-14-2009, 02:07 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/8ball.jpg (http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi)

Jōris
02-14-2009, 02:39 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/8ball.jpg (http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi)

http://i40.tinypic.com/28thlvr.jpg

My magic 8 ball is calling yours a liar. :(

asmazif
02-14-2009, 04:28 PM
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7109/sdsadskc4.png

Rafa = Fed Killa
02-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Rafa's chances to win the US Open are so slim it would give the thickness of the paint on early Alfa-Romeo's a run for it's money!

Sharapova fans have never been known for their intellect just like their fav player.

Andi-M
02-14-2009, 05:09 PM
The rivalry is extremely predictable but matches are usually high quality. I dont mind, cos I like watching Rafa win slams, but I would love to see Murray mixing it in a couple of slam finals this year.

Elena.
02-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Yes,most likely there will be the replay

NinaNina19
02-14-2009, 09:13 PM
The only way they'll meet again is if Fed falls to number 3 or if Murray gets sick again in the middle of a grand slam.

miura
02-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Sharapova fans have never been known for their intellect just like their fav player.
And Nadal fans for their negligence

Sapeod
02-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Who gives a fuck?

:worship: Spot on IMO :yeah: Who gives a f**k if Nadal and Federer meet again. It's happened for the last 3 years. Time and time again. The first time it was entertaining. But now it's just getting tiring. Very tiring. Nadull just hits the ball from side to side all the time until Federer makes a mistake or goes 3 metres behind the baseline on either side. You know exactly what's going to happen. I admit there are a lot of great rallies and amazing points.

But most of the time it's just constant side to side, oh f**k, I made a mistake. I guess Nadal wins the point. Maybe I'll be agressive for the next point and win it, and then do another f**kng mistake on the next point.
Maybe I'll keep going like that until duece and then really kick his ass just to put him in his place. HA HA HA. Oh, s**t. He's broken me and then he goes on to win the set. Oh well, another five setter couldn't hurt my confidence, now could it. :o

superslam77
02-14-2009, 09:55 PM
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9863/truthballwq1.jpg
By superslam77 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/superslam77) at 2009-02-14

i swear this is what the ball said :confused:

maybe it's all true? :speakles:

:wavey: :drink:

pogotheorist
02-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Who gives a fuck?
Reported for rudeness. Don't read the thread if it's not your thing.

peterparker
02-15-2009, 03:12 AM
:worship: Spot on IMO :yeah: Who gives a f**k if Nadal and Federer meet again. It's happened for the last 3 years. Time and time again. The first time it was entertaining. But now it's just getting tiring. Very tiring. Nadull just hits the ball from side to side all the time until Federer makes a mistake or goes 3 metres behind the baseline on either side. You know exactly what's going to happen. I admit there are a lot of great rallies and amazing points.

But most of the time it's just constant side to side, oh f**k, I made a mistake. I guess Nadal wins the point. Maybe I'll be agressive for the next point and win it, and then do another f**kng mistake on the next point.
Maybe I'll keep going like that until duece and then really kick his ass just to put him in his place. HA HA HA. Oh, s**t. He's broken me and then he goes on to win the set. Oh well, another five setter couldn't hurt my confidence, now could it. :o

"oh, shit. he's broken me"

:) lol, well said.

Action Jackson
02-15-2009, 03:15 AM
The rivalry is extremely predictable but matches are usually high quality..

Hahahahaha, that is hilarious, you must be easily pleased. Two of their 19 matches have been quality.

vamosinator
02-15-2009, 03:16 AM

THE RAFA is holding up his end of the bargain, he's always playing the freakish dropshots on breakpoints and hitting the wicked running backhand down the line. It's just that Federer is playing bland tennis, so if Federer can lift his game it would be a more entertaining rivalry :wavey:

duong
02-15-2009, 01:38 PM
I hope not at RG anymore, that will be some royal owning :tape:

Anyway, in RG, in each round, one match will be a not interesting massacre

Venle
02-15-2009, 01:46 PM
In RG, yes, there might be one.

But I'd love to have some change in Wimbledon. Gasquet def. Djokovic? :hearts: ;)