Rotterdam R2: Murray def Seppi 7-6 (4) 7-5 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rotterdam R2: Murray def Seppi 7-6 (4) 7-5

Action Jackson
02-12-2009, 03:22 PM
High quality match, tennis was the winner.

Andi-M
02-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Ugly from Muzza on the most part, confidence seems to have dropped since AO, hopefully he gets it back in next match.

Clydey
02-12-2009, 03:25 PM
A horrendous match. Muzza was awful. My eyes are still bleeding.

Needs to up his game for the famous ass in the final. Having said that, at least Andy didn't get taken to 3 sets.

Christoph123
Bad day for Murray.

rocketassist
He did enough, that's all that can be said!

Seppi does get you into a grinding battle though.

Jōris
02-12-2009, 03:27 PM
I think I just pissed my pants from excitement.

Bazooka
02-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Both were kinda expecting something instead of going for the win, don't ask me what.

Eventually one of them netted more balls than the other and the match was over. What a thriller.

Voo de Mar
02-12-2009, 03:33 PM
I didn't see a lot because I want to concentrate today on Bellucci-Ferrero and Tsonga-Tursunov matches but I saw Murray had setpoint already at 5:2 in the first set. I think it's one of the strongest points in his mental department. Despite wasting setpints/matchpoints, he is still focusing and at the end wins those sets.

Sapeod
02-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Bad from Muzza and still won in straight sets. No worries.

Yves.
02-12-2009, 03:42 PM
I think I just pissed my pants from excitement.

Another legendary post.

Jōris
02-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Another legendary post.

What a rude post. What's your mother's phone number, I want to talk to her about you.

Bazooka
02-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Bad from Muzza and still won in straight sets. No worries.

You should worry if you had seen the completely emptyness in Muzza's face. If he managed to break Seppi in the second is because he DF'ed in a BP.

This has been epic, no joke.

decrepitude
02-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Andy looked as though he had many things on his mind, lots of decisions to make, such as what he would have for dinner tonight. Then after a set and a half he remembered where he was and what he was supposed to be doing and got on with the job.

His lack of concentration in early matches is a bit worrying, but he does seem to get the job done more often than not these days.

Horatio Caine
02-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Didn't see the match, but, while I don't doubt that Muzza was as awful as has been reported, Seppi isn't the sort of player that often brings the best tennis out of his opponent...he is quite awkward to play against.

Anyway, a win is a win...and it is still hard to see him losing before the final (if at all).

Bazooka
02-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Didn't see the match, but, while I don't doubt that Muzza was as awful as has been reported, Seppi isn't the sort of player that often brings the best tennis out of his opponent...he is quite awkward to play against.

Anyway, a win is a win...and it is still hard to see him losing before the final (if at all).

Having watched the three favourites so far, I would say they are playing like complete shit. Not sure who will outmug the other in the final, but honestly if they're playing like this, Nadal, Tsonga and Murray would do better staying at home.

Stupid mandatory tournaments. Silly Rafa for coming here and Dubai instead of getting free titles & points in South America.

Mateya
02-12-2009, 04:18 PM
FORZA Seppi :rocker2: You made him work very hard :rocker2:

Similar to AO 1st round match against Federror. :) Three tight sets, but couldn't clinch at least one of them...

Horatio Caine
02-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Having watched the three favourites so far, I would say they are playing like complete shit.

Yeah that is the impression I have been getting from opinions/reports. Nadal and Muzza are probably just a little rusty from the AO...perhaps even Muzza's confidence isn't as high as it was (as Andi-M says). As for Tsonga...his scheduling so far defies belief (for such an injury-prone guy). There are other "500" events he could have chosen...or he could have just avoided his trip to South Africa altogether.

Not sure who will outmug the other in the final, but honestly if they're playing like this, Nadal, Tsonga and Murray would do better staying at home.

Not absolutely guaranteed to be a Nadal/Murray final, although the way the tournament has panned out I guess it is the most likely scenario. Realistically, it was difficult to see Muzza losing before the final...perhaps Youzhny/Ancic could still hurt him, but it is tough to see either of them actually beating him. As for Nadal, Tursunov, Tsonga and Monfils could still knock him off, but the former is surely too brainless to do it (:mad: ), Tsonga's schedule is surely catching up with him (:smash: ), and, without sounding too harsh, with Monfils I often feel that the lights are on, but nobody is at home (:scratch: ).

But, anyway, if it is a Rafa/Muzza final...yeah, I'm not too sure who'd outmug the other, at the moment. :tape: Although I'd probably still perhaps lean towards Muzza winning.

Stupid mandatory tournaments. Silly Rafa for coming here and Dubai instead of getting free titles & points in South America.

He'll probably clean up in most (maybe all...if he organises his schedule better) of the European clay events again this year...this current indoor/outdoor hard court stint is probably a welcome fresh break for him. :)

HattonWBA
02-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Gicquel next, keep it going

martine2
02-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Too bad :sad:
Next time better Andi

bizzle
02-12-2009, 05:07 PM
2 down...

tangerine_dream
02-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Pfft.

Henry Chinaski
02-12-2009, 05:25 PM

he really was mate. you could excuse it if Seppi was playing consistent tennis and drawing errors but Seppi had a fucking shocker as well. it was an ugly error-fest.

roberthenman
02-12-2009, 05:33 PM
:clap2: Andy

NinaNina19
02-12-2009, 06:00 PM
What happened to Muzzagoat :sobbing: ?

reggie1
02-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Didn't get to see the match but sounds like a win ugly for Muzza.

Igaarg
02-12-2009, 07:30 PM
I was worried about Murray performance, but hopefully he won in two.

Igaarg
02-12-2009, 07:31 PM
What happened to Muzzagoat :sobbing: ?

He is still between us, don`t worry, just a bad day.

Yves.
02-12-2009, 09:10 PM
What a rude post. What's your mother's phone number, I want to talk to her about you.

Why? What's the problem then? And what was the original post :mad: 'being nice'

Raquel
02-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Sounds like Andy didn't have a great day but glad to see he got through in straight sets :)

Action Jackson
02-12-2009, 10:37 PM
he really was mate. you could excuse it if Seppi was playing consistent tennis and drawing errors but Seppi had a fucking shocker as well. it was an ugly error-fest.

They were both joking at the end, at how bad it was.