Brazil Open '09: Fabio "FoFa" Fognini def. Caio Zampieri 0:6 7:6 (5) 6:2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Brazil Open '09: Fabio "FoFa" Fognini def. Caio Zampieri 0:6 7:6 (5) 6:2

Midnight Express
02-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Really nobody has started a thread yet?

This match was pure entertainment!

Italian kid losing first 8 games in a row with most disgraceful dislay I have ever seen on ATP Tour (not counting Ferru in World Cup vs. Kohlschreiber).
I can't still believe what I have seen and may be never will..he couldn't play worse, really..even leveling the score at 4 all, Zampi broke FoFa to serve for the match with losing game at 0!

Both players have odds above @7 during the match :rolleyes:

VolandriFan
02-11-2009, 09:17 AM
:haha: Fogna :worship:

JeffCandoi
02-11-2009, 09:17 AM
bageled by zampieri.. this fognini is really s***

HattonWBA
02-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Strange scoreline to say the least lol

Yves.
02-11-2009, 09:38 AM
LOL @ scoreline.

CooCooCachoo
02-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Slow start, eh?

Mateya
02-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Sounds like an entertaining match. :D Thanks for posting this.

This Fognini is one strange dude...I watched him in Umag last year and he was playing horrible (like first set here).
The best thing about him was that he didn't care, he just went on cracking the ball as hard as he could and losing the match comfortably with some 30UE in two sets. :rolleyes:

Voo de Mar
02-11-2009, 12:19 PM
0-6 0:2 is a tricky scoreline when the weaker opponent leads or when both players are on the same level. Many matches have been turn around from this scoreline.
The most entertaining moment of the match was in the 12th game of the second set when Fognini stumbled playing backhand volley and jumped over the net landing on the back. He didn't hurt himself but it was spectacular :)

TankingTheSet
02-11-2009, 12:37 PM
This Fognini is one strange dude...I watched him in Umag last year and he was playing horrible (like first set here).
The best thing about him was that he didn't care, he just went on cracking the ball as hard as he could and losing the match comfortably with some 30UE in two sets. :rolleyes:

No kidding, I watched the match here and the display by Fognini in the first set was unbelievable, just a completely disinterested and frustrated guy just wacking every ball out like he didn't care. You can see it in the stats, he won very few points and the set was over in no time.

He started playing in the second, but still Zampieri broke at 4-4 and had a chance to serve it out, but choked badly. I also saw Zampieri losing a few points around that time in the match where he had easy put-aways but made the wrong shot selection so that Fognini still won the point. In the TB Fognini led 6-2 but Zampieri came back to *6-5 and was unlucky to lose the point that could have been 6-6. After that Zampieri's level dropped.

jmsx521
02-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Zampieri was playing very sharp & fierce the first set though. It's not like Fognini wasn't trying from the beginning of the match.... I think it was around the time when he got broken for second time in the first set, when he started the show.

I saw the first two sets up till the rain at 5-5. I thought they stopped play after that... then I missed the rest.

GlennMirnyi
02-11-2009, 02:23 PM
WTA score, eh?

I watched the match and it was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Nathaliia
02-11-2009, 02:31 PM

This match was pure entertainment!

Italian kid losing first 8 games in a row with most disgraceful dislay I have ever seen on ATP Tour (not counting Ferru in World Cup vs. Kohlschreiber).
I can't still believe what I have seen and may be never will..he couldn't play worse, really..even leveling the score at 4 all, Zampi broke FoFa to serve for the match with losing game at 0!

Both players have odds above @7 during the match :rolleyes:
Tom starting a thread :worship:

Oh yes, I remember, you are a Fabio fanboy :) Maybe he supports Inter

Andre♥
02-11-2009, 03:34 PM
WTA score, eh?

I watched the match and it was one of the worst I've ever seen.

One of the worst? For me, it was really the worst.

The third game of the match was the funniest game I've ever watched. Fognini is up 40-0 and then loses 5 points in a row due to some errors that really made think he was doing that on propose! :lol:

It really looked like a tankjob until late in the second set, but when a female line judge started calling him foot faults, all hell broke lose once again! :haha:

Also the crowd was amazing, as I've never seen a night match in an ATP tournament having 20 persons in the crowd! Even Doha and Dubai use to have more than that! :bolt:

And as Voo de Mar said, Fognini's dive into the net was amazingly funny. He looked like Cristiano Ronaldo diving to get a penalty kick for Man Utd. :p

Henry Chinaski
02-11-2009, 04:00 PM
this is the twat who didn't even try when he got an undeserved WC into a Masters event

GlennMirnyi
02-11-2009, 04:54 PM
One of the worst? For me, it was really the worst.

The third game of the match was the funniest game I've ever watched. Fognini is up 40-0 and then loses 5 points in a row due to some errors that really made think he was doing that on propose! :lol:

It really looked like a tankjob until late in the second set, but when a female line judge started calling him foot faults, all hell broke lose once again! :haha:

Also the crowd was amazing, as I've never seen a night match in an ATP tournament having 20 persons in the crowd! Even Doha and Dubai use to have more than that! :bolt:

And as Voo de Mar said, Fognini's dive into the net was amazingly funny. He looked like Cristiano Ronaldo diving to get a penalty kick for Man Utd. :p

Well, what do you expect? CdS is an exclusive resort mostly for tourists or very rich locals.

Snowwy
02-11-2009, 04:57 PM

Usually these matches go over to WTAWorld..

Montego
02-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I watched it yesterday and after the first set I was

OMFG

That was the worst individual performance EVER by any player what I saw from Fognini till 0-6 0-2. I mean it lasted 25 minutes, average 4 balls per game = 32 balls played and probably 26 were unforced errors by Fogna. Most of them 3 metres out. That was P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C, I would beat him 6-2.

I went to sleep at 0-6 5-4 rain delay and I was sure he would lose :)