Mind your own business, Jankovic tells Federer [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mind your own business, Jankovic tells Federer

SheepleBuster
02-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Wow. Jankovic is angry with Federer for him taking on her and Novak ;) I love it...
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=reu-jankovicinterview_pix&prov=reuters&type=lgns

“Why should he even care? I don’t like putting my nose in other’s business.

“I mean, one thing I like about Nadal is that he is such a great champion, he is so humble, always has kind words for everybody, he is a role model for everybody,” said Jankovic.

“Federer is a great champion, I don’t want to get in a fight with him but why does he care, I really don’t understand. Why does he need to do that?”

Jankovic said Federer should not criticise fellow players. “I don’t think it’s nice to attack other players.

“If he retired, he probably had his reasons, he knows better. You cannot attack someone when you don’t have proof, when you don’t have a piece of evidence.

“There is no reason to offend him that way.”

Collective
02-10-2009, 02:20 PM
“If he retired, he probably had his reasons, he knows better. You cannot attack someone when you don’t have proof, when you don’t have a piece of evidence.

If a track record is not evidence, proof, then I don't know how to call it.

I guess it's natural to defend your friends... but there is little ground to defend Djokovic in his quest for the career retirement slam.

nestingus
02-10-2009, 02:20 PM
haha, thats fantastic. fed is having a good pop at everyone at the moment and he deserves a bit back

tennizen
02-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Wow, tennis just gets more and more exciting:rolls: Now there are fights between WTA and ATP players too:woohoo:

dusk
02-10-2009, 02:24 PM
You go girl!:lol:

EnriqueIG8
Well I cannot disagree with Federer. Jankovic is a poor player who became #1 by fluke mainly because Henin immediately retired, Serena and Venus are too busy with doing other stuff than tennis last year and Ivanovic having a late season dip.
And I don't get why Jelena is defending Novak in that 'retiring' case because to me it's very obvious that he's the most pussy player out there when it comes to finishing matches.

SheepleBuster
Though I got to admit, Jankovic with no Grand Slams has no right to criticize Federer. But the way Federer is acting these days, I wouldn't be surprised if players finally ditch him and look at Nadal as their model. Djokovic will never have the respect of other players regardless of what he achieves unless he changes his ways.

Johnny Groove
02-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Just because he has 14 slams he's allowed to be a prick? :rolleyes:

Fully agree with Jankovic here despite my dislike of Djokovic

SheepleBuster
02-10-2009, 02:28 PM

I think Novak should stop being such a wuss and stand up for himself. If you need WTA players to defend you, you are seriously in trouble.

reggie1
02-10-2009, 02:28 PM
What a load of handbag swinging. I love it!

manuel84
02-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Peasants, behold your King!

-Fed

Bazooka
02-10-2009, 02:31 PM
And I don't get why Jelena is defending Novak in that 'retiring' case because to me it's very obvious that he's the most pussy player out there when it comes to finishing matches.

his problem is not with finishing matches. His problem is he can't accept being defeated when everybody expects him to win.

Hell, I played a match the other day and had some backache in the mid of it. Still went for an hour, surely not moving perfectly, but for the fun of it, for my friend playing on the other side, or for the few good shots I could make before losing. And this guy in Montecarlo is paid tenths of thousands, has all the public of a semi watching him, and can't play 4 more games and simply lose? sore throat? can you get more pathetic than that?

So Jelena's point of view is that she can give her opinion on Rafa being more of a sportman than Roger, but Roger can't say his 2c on such a behavior?

dusk
02-10-2009, 02:32 PM
I think Novak should stop being such a wuss and stand up for himself. If you need WTA players to defend you, you are seriously in trouble.

I don't think this is about Novak;)
Fed had a go at her recently, well the entire WTA basically.
She was the only one who spoke back.

Crazy Girl
02-10-2009, 02:34 PM
I advise you....today I'm in a bad mood....:o:rolleyes::rolleyes::o
Jelena could like to be sh....by Roger!:o:o:eek::eek:
Me too!!!:devil::devil::devil:
Without shadow of doubt!!!:devil::devil::devil::devil::eek::eek:

(about the thread....I don't know....)
Bad mood today Crazy.....bad mood.....

shotgun
Though I got to admit, Jankovic with no Grand Slams has no right to criticize Federer.

You'd have a point if she actually had criticized his game. Federer's remarks are far from being above criticism.

SheepleBuster

I know Federer can be a prick, but come on. WTA is a joke. I am tired of watching women's matches when men are playing. ESPN always shows their matches and they suck! Only Serena plays anything decent and her matches can be so one-sided.

Bazooka
02-10-2009, 02:37 PM

When did the 14th happened! then the AO final was just a dream!

I knew it... :mad:

dusk
02-10-2009, 02:38 PM
I know Federer can be a prick, but come on. WTA is a joke. I am tired of watching women's matches when men are playing. ESPN always shows their matches and they suck! Only Serena plays anything decent and her matches can be so one-sided.

None of his business. He's not sponsoring them or anything.

Henry Chinaski
02-10-2009, 02:40 PM
did Fed say anything about Jankovic?

Forehander
02-10-2009, 02:43 PM
looooooL~~~ Federer's being ganged up by the group of Serbs famous for their super gamesmanship. Oh no~ What to do?

And what did Federer say about the WTA before?

dusk
02-10-2009, 02:49 PM

He basically said the WTA is a joke, cause it took Rafa how many years to take over his number 1 spot:rolleyes:

maria_marie
02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
did Fed say anything about Jankovic?
yeah, he actually said something about Jelena's being no-1 without winning a slam. It is true that wta tennis has become boring to death but none of his business.

schorsch
02-10-2009, 02:52 PM

By Julien Pretot

PARIS, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Roger Federer should concentrate on his own career rather than criticising others, Serb Jelena Jankovic said on Tuesday after being irked by the Swiss master's unflattering verdict on her number one world ranking last year.

Last month, former world number one Federer hit out at the way the WTA rankings were calculated, saying a player who has never won a grand slam should not be granted the number one spot.

Jankovic reached the top spot in the WTA rankings in August having never won a major tournament. She lost her first grand slam final to American Serena Williams at last year's U.S. Open.

The Serb has since dropped down to third in the world following a shock fourth-round defeat to France's Marion Bartoli at the Australian Open.

"To be honest, I do not like to talk about players, I really prefer to focus on myself," Jankovic told Reuters in an interview at the Paris Open.

She said she could not understand why Federer felt the need to hit out at women's tennis while his great rival Rafa Nadal, who took over from the Swiss as world number one, was so "humble".

"Why should he even care? I don't like putting my nose in other's business.

"I mean, one thing I like about Nadal is that he is such a great champion, he is so humble, always has kind words for everybody, he is a role model for everybody," said Jankovic.

"Federer is a great champion, I don't want to get in a fight with him but why does he care, I really don't understand. Why does he need to do that?"

Federer also led the charge against Jankovic's compatriot Novak Djokovic when he quit because of the heat in his Australian Open quarter-final match against Andy Roddick.

"I'm almost in favour of saying, you know what, if you're not fit enough, just get out of here," the Swiss said.

Jankovic said Federer should not criticise fellow players. "I don't think it's nice to attack other players.

"If he retired, he probably had his reasons, he knows better. You cannot attack someone when you don't have proof, when you don't have a piece of evidence.

"There is no reason to offend him that way."

Jankovic will open her Paris Open campaign with a first-round match against Italian Francesca Schiavone.

The interview was organised by WTA Tour sponsors Sony Ericsson.

(Editing by Justin Palmer)

longer version...

thats my girl :hearts: lovely stuff :hearts:

tennizen
02-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Jankovic is as much a drama queen as is Novak:lol:

Puschkin
02-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Why doesn't she follow her own advice? :shrug:

schorsch
02-10-2009, 03:02 PM
She was asked about it, what is she gonna say, no comment? The point is Faterer talks shit about others non-stop on his own initiative, while he is supposed to be the one with the experience and "class". So many people say he is so classy and so on, but he does nothing, but badmouthing everyone. He is nothing, but an arrogant, self-absorbed, spoilt idiot. If he does give credit to a player, you know he thinks the other one is a mug, except for Nadull. And even with him he started saying lame stuff.
Everyone is entitled to defend themselves when being attacked and that's what JJ did, for herself and the WTA Tour..

Davodus
Why doesn't she follow her own advice? :shrug:

agree :yeah:

Getta
Dramatic on-court behaviour rarely belies the demeanor of the player off-court.

manuel84
02-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Jelena could like to be sh....by Roger!:o:o:eek::eek:

I suppose the Fedster will give the Janker a maddening variety of paces, spins and angles.

Henry Chinaski
02-10-2009, 03:03 PM
"Why should he even care? I don't like putting my nose in other's business.

But only because it wouldn't fucking fit.

BOOM BOOM

MariaV
02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I totally understand Jelena.
Novak knows his body better than anyone else and now that I have personal experience with what can happen just all of a sudden I'll never criticize any player because of retiring.

Davodus
02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
She was asked about it, what is she gonna say, no comment? The point is Faterer talks shit about others non-stop on his own initiative. Everyone is entitled to defend themselves when being attacked.

he was asked a question about it as well
and if i remember properly he said no disrespect to her
and then she has some snide little comment about how nadal is so humble :confused:
if she doesnt want to start an argument or put her nose in other peoples lives, she should not have said anything

dusk
02-10-2009, 03:07 PM
and then she has some snide little comment about how nadal is so humble :confused:

:devil: To piss him off a bit:devil:

Thanos
02-10-2009, 03:08 PM
i have to agree with the serb. federer is a ****.

that is all

petar_pan
02-10-2009, 03:09 PM
yeah, he actually said something about Jelena's being no-1 without winning a slam. It is true that wta tennis has become boring to death but none of his business.

they asked him,and really he should to ansfer(without question of media about that) that because this is 1st time in history that somebody is no. 1 without any GS.

SheepleBuster
02-10-2009, 03:10 PM
he was asked a question about it as well
and if i remember properly he said no disrespect to her
if she doesnt want to start an argument or put her nose in other peoples lives, she should not have said anything
Nadal is more humble than Federer but Jankovic is so childish. She thinks by evoking Nadal's name, she is going to make Federer cry. :devil:

dusk
02-10-2009, 03:13 PM
they asked him,and really he should to ansfer(without question of media about that) that because this is 1st time in history that somebody is no. 1 without any GS.

You haven't done the homework;)

petar_pan
02-10-2009, 03:13 PM
looooooL~~~ Federer's being ganged up by the group of Serbs famous for their super gamesmanship. Oh no~ What to do?

yaou are soo right.that is way go when peasants arrive to tennis.no fance too anybody but that is fact.first of all tennis is for genlemants.
federer is the biggest gentlaman and he should to said tahn about djokovic's retiremend.
jankovic offend by federer because his talking that she was no. 1 without gs and because djokovic is her friend.

Jaz
02-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Just what has Jankovic got to do with anything? She's not exactly building up her reputation with defending Novak, dissing Federer and being a complete grand-slam flop.

HattonWBA
Federer is King

MagicMilan
Nadal is more humble than Federer but Jankovic is so childish. She thinks by evoking Nadal's name, she is going to make Federer cry. :devil:
Jankovic is not the only one who can make Fed cry :angel:

schorsch
02-10-2009, 03:18 PM
:rolleyes:
See... example: Muzza has never said anything negative about Faterer and always gave him credit, no matter if he won or lost and Faterer went on to attack him.
JJ has never said anything about him before, if so only comlimentary, the usual boring ya he achieved this and that, otherwise maybe only who she'd root for in a Nole vs Faterer matchup, but thats as far as it goes.

No disrespect to Jelena? How is that helping any? Nadull would never say such a thing, as she said in her presser, why does Faterer have to do that, especially since in his sick mind he is the best thing ever to grace a tennis court? It's pathetic, imo. When you are young and you get your feet wet with the media, sometimes there's gonna be a stupid situation or two. But with time you learn from those mistakes and you know what you should say or not. But the crankier he's getting the more uglier things we hear, something as I understand Swiss always have seen through even with his "cloaked" remarks :rolleyes:. He's a douche and that's all there's to it.

schorsch
02-10-2009, 03:19 PM

There you go saying Serbs are dumb and you didn't even know that Mauresmo and Clijsters became nr.1 before winning their GS.

And also... Learn English while trying to get your "facts" straight.

Jaz
02-10-2009, 03:22 PM
:rolleyes:
See... example: Muzza has never said anything negative about Faterer and always gave him credit, no matter if he won or lost and Faterer went on to attack him.
JJ has never said anything about him before, if so only comlimentary, the usual boring ya he achieved this and that, otherwise maybe only who she'd root for in a Nole vs Faterer matchup, but thats as far as it goes.

No disrespect to Jelena? How is that helping any? Nadull would never say such a thing, as she said in her presser, why does Faterer have to do that, especially since in his sick mind he is the best thing ever to grace a tennis court? It's pathetic, imo. When you are young and you get your feet wet with the media, sometimes there's gonna be a stupid situation or two. But with time you learn from those mistakes and you know what you should say or not. But the crankier he's getting the more uglier things we heard, something as I understand Swiss always saw through even with his "cloaked" remarks :rolleyes:. He's a douche and that's it.

Federer said everything that most commentators were saying about the Joker anyway. That he does "dramatize" his injuries, he does have a massively high "dropout" rate compared to other top 5. his atitude on court is negative. His parents are a disgrace, and serb fans cause violence...

Last I saw, Federer barely insults anyone on the court, his parents don't say anything, he's never retired during a match and dropped out only once, and Swiss fans don't cause violence...

ORGASMATRON
02-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Where did Roger take on Jankovic and what he said about Nole is true, Nole needs to man up.

MariaV
02-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Last I saw, Federer barely insults anyone on the court, his parents don't say anything, he's never retired during a match and dropped out only once, and Swiss fans don't cause violence...

Federer may never have retired but he sure got all capricious or angry (at linespeople, ump) during the AO final when things didn't go his way. It wasn't a pretty sight. :o

tangerine_dream
02-10-2009, 03:27 PM
This isn't a good sign for Roger when someone from the WTA is telling him off.

petar_pan
02-10-2009, 03:27 PM
She was asked about it, what is she gonna say, no comment? The point is Faterer talks shit about others non-stop on his own initiative, while he is supposed to be the one with the experience and "class". So many people say he is so classy and so on, but he does nothing, but badmouthing everyone. He is nothing, but an arrogant, self-absorbed, spoilt idiot. If he does give credit to a player, you know he thinks the other one is a mug, except for Nadull. And even with him he started saying lame stuff.
Everyone is entitled to defend themselves when being attacked and that's what JJ did, for herself and the WTA Tour..

man don't bullshit.media asked him about djokovic's retirement.
only your lovely djokovic is arrogant,nobody else.
he told he will be 1st in the world "very very soon" before his 1st gs final.that was 2 yeras ago,he is still 3.
he told he will beat federer in wimbledon last year,he was down in 2nd round.
he told, on the beggining of 2008,that he will be 1st on the end of that year.(precise,he told "some new players are here now,federer will be down this year"),he is still 3.
he insults other player with his imitation of them.
nobody believe him for his retirements.both public and PLAYERS.
that's the true.
but djokovic's fans like to lie.
if you don't have argument please don't lie like "on his own initiative".

michellej
02-10-2009, 03:29 PM
It's about time somebody told Federer . He's the champiion...of criticising other players.

physician heal thyself.

This also applies to tennis players

In other words, fix your own game Roger, never mind about others'. Federer is a gossip IMO.

Jaz
02-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Federer may never have retired but he sure got all capricious or angry (at linespeople, ump) during the AO final when things didn't go his way. It wasn't a pretty sight. :o

I watched that match, and he was pretty calm to me. A little grumpy but it happens. Atleast he's not doing impersonations.

GlennMirnyi
02-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Jankovic can't even play tennis, what the hell is she talking about?

By the way - not about tennis. Please mods, time for you to take some action.

tennizen
02-10-2009, 03:30 PM
I think Fed's remarks on Djokovic are far more antagonistic compared to his remarks on Jankovic. He merely remarked that he wouldn't like a situation like WTA where a player becomes # 1 without winning a slam. That's not a personal remark on Jankovic. And why should she step in and remark on what Fed said about Djokovic. That's none of her business too.

Still its great to see all this drama so I am not complaining:D

thegreendestiny
02-10-2009, 03:31 PM
jankovic is the djokovic of wta.

Castafiore
02-10-2009, 03:35 PM
He merely remarked that he wouldn't like a situation like WTA where a player becomes # 1 without winning a slam. That's not a personal remark on Jankovic.
It can be taken personally by Jankovic since she was the #1 when Federer made the remark, though.

tennizen
02-10-2009, 03:36 PM
It can be taken personally by Jankovic since she was the #1 when Federer made the remark, though.

I guess that's possible:shrug:

rhinooooo
02-10-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm surprised she got through the interview without calling a doctor.

Fed's interviews show arrogance. But Novak needs to man up. Jankovic is a faker too.

petar_pan
02-10-2009, 03:38 PM
There you go saying Serbs are dumb and you didn't even know that Mauresmo and Clijsters became nr.1 before winning their GS.

And also... Learn English while trying to get your "facts" straight.

hahaha yes serbs are not dumb, i am dumb because i don't know english,but you are soo smart becuse you know english.but my mother is a teacher of english,soo i am smartest than you lol.
AND FIRST OF ALL,i didn't say that serbs are dump,jankovic is dump.but i know you like to lie,and defend somebody without arguments.
and please don't catch with that "he is against serbs",that only can proof that you are pathetic.
and than another lie,"mouresmo was no. 1 without gs",but every newspapers said that jankovic is 1st.

Ilovetheblues_86
02-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Shut up Jankobitch!

schorsch
02-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Since when are you not allowed to believe in yourself and say you're confident in your abilities and chances. If you dont do that you can just as well pack your things and go home before even stepping onto court.

A few years ago, we had only some weirdos sucking up to the Faterer "legacy" as if it was some sick unwritten rule. Hell no, this tour needs more players like Nole and Muzza getting it together and taking it to the top2 players and it certainly helps to take a confident approach to it, doesnt it?

This has got nothing to do with being arrogant, this is their life, they've got to believe they can eventually pull through, whats the point otherwise?
Also, as I said before, obviously when you burst onto tour you gotta figure out how the media works and what you should say or not, this is something that top players gradually have to learn.

About the Swiss fans, let me tell you something, yes, they are not as loud and yes, they might not be as roudy, but they're boring for the most part and if they dont see any results, they're disinterested in their players (Schnyder, Wawrinka). All they care about is "excellence", they dont bother otherwise. Most of the Swiss recreational players are snobs with big $$$ :o. Another thing is Swiss coverage which only shows matches if Faterer or sometimes other Swiss are playing even if they scheduled the spots well before.

The Serbian crowd often goes over the top, but at least they show passion and true support which often helps these players from such a little, poor country to fight through adversities such as you and Faterer present.

About the impersonations... Roddick has done them, Agassi has, Björkman. It's not like people complain about them, do they?

KittyMac
02-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Was he not being asked about Andy Murray and whether Andy could get to no 1? Said something like - yes, but I hope if he does get to no 1 he does it by getting a slam - then the comment about the WTA at the time etc etc.

I mean fair enough, people get asked questions and they answer them. If they give an answer in a way that upsets someone then that person answers back, like Jankovic did here. It might make Roger think before he speaks next time - I doubt he gave a second's thought to her as a person when he said it - he probaby should have - hopefully lesson learned (or not!).

Who cares anyway. Where did all this nicey nicey stuff amongst tennis players come from anyway? It never used to be that way. The top players couldn't get two words out without mouthing off about each other. It was certainly more entertaining than the false masks so many of them are forced to wear now. The press love this sort of thing and would love to get back to the good old days, so this sort of thing gets bigged up in the media when it happens. Lesson - if you want to be a Mr Nice Guy be very careful what you say, even if you are being a bit dishonest.

So - let the wars commence I say!!!

GlennMirnyi
02-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Exactly. Fakervic isn't enough of a man to confront Frauderer so he must call for mom... :lol:

Jankovic is one of the most mediocre players ever to pick a racket, and that says enough when we're talking about the WTA.

Nathaliia
02-10-2009, 03:49 PM
At least good that Fed is getting it back, tennis gets interesting.

JolánGagó
02-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Let's make this clear: Fed's statements about Djoker's fakery were among the most spot on comments from a tennis player about another one we've heard in the last decades.

That said, Fed has no business whatsoever in WTA, so Jelena is more than entitled to express her legitimate concerns about JesusFed's ramblings on matters far away from his field of expertise.

Go Jelena go!!!! make the arrogant whiny prick cry once again!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

tennis2tennis
02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I hope Roger never ever turn into one of the player’s who evades answering questions or plays the political correct card when he’s ASKED about his opinion on a particular issue.

Federer did not just dispense with his views he was asked a question and he responded HONESTLY, if you checked the Q&A in press conferences of tennis players ten years ago compared to now their far more honest……I think she’s actually shot herself in the foot if she thinks Roger should ‘mind his own business’ why is she talking about his Djokovic comment? by her logic isn't that between him and Novak?

Federer did not make a personal attack on Jankovic, he simply said that the format should be changed to ensure that those who fail to win at the highest level in tennis (slams) should not be placed on the summit of the game..that's a logical answer!! Something that McEnroe, Bjorn and Sampras all said, maybe she's pissed because she failed to silence her critics the best way by actually winning a slam.

schorsch
02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
hahaha yes serbs are not dumb, i am dumb because i don't know english,but you are soo smart becuse you know english.but my mother is a teacher of english,soo i am smartest than you lol.
AND FIRST OF ALL,i didn't say that serbs are dump,jankovic is dump.but i know you like to lie,and defend somebody without arguments.
and please don't catch with that "he is against serbs",that only can proof that you are pathetic.
and than another lie,"mouresmo was no. 1 without gs",but every newspapers said that jankovic is 1st.

Well, I guess your mother is the smartest out of all of us in terms of that then and not you.
You said Serbian mentality is dumb... And so far I've not seen you say anything nice about Serbian players in this thread.
Mauresmo and Clijsters got to nr.1 before winning a GS, get your facts straight once again or just buy a different newspaper :o.

the graduate
02-10-2009, 03:54 PM
who listens to what this punk ass has to say,she is a nobody .The only classy Serbian is Ivanovic,the other 3 are just classless,look at the way they cheat by taking suspicious timeouts.Joko and Jankovic are cut from the same polyester cloth...very cheap.Until you win a big event Jankovic stfu:p

prima donna
02-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Is this gesture intended to be interpreted as a practical joke of some kind ?

q.j.
02-10-2009, 03:56 PM
hahaha yes serbs are not dumb,:unsure:
i am dumb :hatoff:
because i don't know english:singer:
but you are soo smart becuse you know english :scratch:
but my mother is a teacher of english,:yeah:
soo i am smartest than you lol. :worship:

:clap2:

Vida
02-10-2009, 03:57 PM
I think she was spot on.

the graduate
02-10-2009, 04:00 PM
this thread doesnt belong on this forum ,go back to wtaworld
MODS close this thing:mad:

Mr. Oracle
02-10-2009, 04:01 PM
bOTH Jelena and Nole could both kick Feds ass, so they have a right to say what they want.

C'mon Nole beat Fed this year like a red headed step-child !!

SheepleBuster
02-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Let's make this clear: Fed's statements about Djoker's fakery were among the most spot on comments from a tennis player about another one we've heard in the last decades.

That said, Fed has no business whatsoever in WTA, so Jelena is more than entitled to express her legitimate concerns about JesusFed's ramblings on matters far away from his field of expertise.

Go Jelena go!!!! make the arrogant whiny prick cry once again!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

It is his business when his match against Roddick is not shown for Jankovic Kanepi match is more important. It's crazy how these stupid meaningless WTA matches find their way to TV. Just let them get the equal money but never be on TV. Deal?

schorsch
02-10-2009, 04:09 PM
I think she’s actually shot herself in the foot if she thinks Roger should ‘mind his own business’ why is she talking about his Djokovic comment? by her logic isn't that between him and Novak?

Because she always gets asked about Nole and she got asked about that comment in the presser as well, so if she says he should mind his own business when it comes to badmouthing players, that obviously applies to every player he disses as well, now doesnt it?

icedevil0289
02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
hahaha, tennis is starting to become more interesting. She has every right to stand up for herself, but instead of whining, maybe she should just take her own advice and prove him wrong with hte results. All this talk about why should he care, and then she's probably going to go out first round in the french.

q.j.
02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
bOTH Jelena and Nole could both kick Feds ass, so they have a right to say what they want.

C'mon Nole beat Fed this year like a red headed step-child !!

:spit:

:haha:

F.A.I.L.

that said Federer has verbaly bitch-slapped alot of people during his AO campaign, and look how that turned out for him...

so this kind of digs are well expected, even if they are coming from a lesser player
it's really hard NOT to be a lesser player compared to Federer, no?
does that mean one hasn't got a right to throw the same tantrums at him, in response??

alot of people are very hypocritical when it comes to their internet
correctness and values they bring here as oppose to those they express in real life
if at your highschool or college, an over achieving with remarkable grades student was to take a dig at some students that are not soo good or fail to achieve his academical highs for various reasons, laziness, lack of devotion, motivation or simply because of lack of skills...most of you would eat that person alive.

But internet is an entirely different animal, no?

Vida
02-10-2009, 04:14 PM
hahaha, tennis is starting to become more interesting. She has every right to stand up for herself, but instead of whining, maybe she should just take her own advice and prove him wrong with hte results. All this talk about why should he care, and then she's probably going to go out first round in the french.

so she should have said: 'no comment' cause she has no slams?

tennis2tennis
02-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Because she always gets asked about Nole

so does Roger that's why he answered:rolleyes:

if she says he should mind his own business when it comes to badmouthing players, that obviously applies to every player he disses as well, now doesnt it?

why? is she everyone's spokesperson? She should have addressed her own situation ONLY and REFUSED TO COMMENT on the NOLE incident if she geniunly believes players should NEVER COMMENT about other players!! Instead she went on to make Nadal comparisons and being humble...if that not a dig at a player than what is????

the graduate
02-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Jelena will never be respected the way Roger is worldwide,she is like a sideshow at an event simply classless and that includes her entourage.She will never have the clout or talent that Roger has,Joko and Jankovic have helped in tarnishing the image of sportsmanship in tennis.
MODS CLOSE THIS THING PLEASE!

schorsch
02-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Why? That doesnt make any sense. If she feels like badmouthing shouldn't be done, than she has to believe that it's bad doing it to other players, too, doesnt she? Plus commenting and badmouthing are two different things.

icedevil0289
02-10-2009, 04:21 PM
so she should have said: 'no comment' cause she has no slams?

no no, I guess I worded my comment wrong. I didn't say she should not say anything. I mentioned how she does have every right to defend herself, but she kept saying how she doesn't like to talk about other players, or how she doesn't like to poke her nose, and she is sort of doing the same thing. It has nothing to do with slams or lack of slams. I admit fed shouldn't have said what he said, but perhaps jankovic should just worry about herself and her game. You know, do what murray did. Use this as motivation to work harder and get better.

JolánGagó
02-10-2009, 04:22 PM
MODS CLOSE THIS THING PLEASE!

STFU please, this thread is extremely relevant to men tennis worldwide.

petar_pan
02-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Well, I guess your mother is the smartest out of all of us in terms of that then and not you.
You said Serbian mentality is dumb... And so far I've not seen you say anything nice about Serbian players in this thread.
Mauresmo and Clijsters got to nr.1 before winning a GS, get your facts straight once again or just buy a different newspaper :o.

i didnt's say that sebian mentality is dump, lol(is not exist dumb mentality,only dumb people).only i want to say is that many of serbians are very offend when somebody talk something they don't like to hear (about themselves), even if somebody is right.and than they alway attack other side.that is not normal.that is peasant mentality.whole balkan is similar about that.
you are right, i didn't say anything nice about djokovic and jankovic,why i should?
they deserve critics.

the graduate
02-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Maybe Roger wanted to say she is not classy enough to be no.1 plus he is friends with Ana tehehe!I cant believe we are talking about womens tennis on this forum and jelena is not worth it anyway,if it was say pova,ana or winners like serena yah

schorsch
02-10-2009, 04:26 PM
bravo jankovic,stupid serbian menatlity,bravo once againt.she is soo dump.

There you go...
And ok, I admit. You didnt say dumb mentality, but stupid mentality :rolleyes:

petar_pan
02-10-2009, 04:31 PM
There you go...
And ok, I admit. You didnt say dumb mentality, but stupid mentality :rolleyes:

i describe you in previous post.i didn't want to disrabe in 1st place,so i said stupid.

yellowboy906
02-10-2009, 04:35 PM
i got to say that i agree with miss horse face even though i hate her. who does federer think he is? does he think he is the boss of atp criticizing all players not doing what he likes? i like djoker and i hope he'd man up. actually, i think fed is pretty stupid criticizing djoker's physical condition. does he want djoker to get fitter and own him later that bad?

The_Nadal_effect
02-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Ssh...Quiet! Serbian genius at work.

:yeah: Nice move, Djoker.

freeandlonely
02-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Too exotic for me, but one thing a bit off topic...
I love arrogant character when he/she is that good, can't even understand why a champ should be too humble all the time. Annoying thing is that someone not that good being that arrogant(Andy Roddick)

guga2120
02-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Jelana was only #1 b/c Henin, retired, but she is right, Federer, needs to just stfu sometimes.

the graduate
02-10-2009, 04:43 PM
jankovic is like fish you have to cut off the head to enjoy it

Dini
02-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I never knew that you would get so much stick for telling the truth. Federer's comments on Nole and Jankovic are spot on and you know it. Jelena is just putting up her defensive mode up right now, she is feeling the pressure in abundance. First she says to be number 1 is more important than winning a slam, then after losing in the 4th round of AO and consequently losing that number 1 ranking she says being n.o 1 is not important, and now she responds uselessly to Federer's comments. People get a grip, call him a prick, ****, bitch whatever you want, but if you look into his words and the context in which they were said you will realise that he was just being honest and saying it how it was. Deny it as much as you want, but his comments on Nole could not have been more true. Nadal I feel never answers questions honestly and fully, but with Federer you can make sure that he will speak his mind and speak the truth. Jankovic get that slam and then we'll start talking, and Federer stay the way you are. If being brutally honest and truthful makes you a prick then so be it. He does not suddenly call the press for a meeting to say these comments, he gets asked. I personally, want his opinion and not a lie. And a lot of you take his words out of context, in this case he did say no disrespect to Jankovic and to be honest I think the whole comment was really a criticism at the way WTA works. The guy is passionate about tennis and knows what he is talking about. If you refuse to see that, then that is your loss.

tennis2tennis
02-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Roger response (as I would like to see it):

I would like to take this opportunity apologise whole heartily for all the hurts and distress caused by my claim that a player who has never won a grand slam should not be at the summit of the rankings. I express regret for answering questions candidly and without PR gloss.

I promise hall of famer Jankovic I will from here on in answer all questions with a ‘no comment’ response, I will answer any question on Novak Djokovic timely injuries with the lines “yes a defending champion should pull out of a grand slam quarter-final because he felt cramps and he felt a bit hot”, “no there’s nothing wrong with a player retiring mid-match because he had a sore throat”.

And from this day forth I will never comment about anything WTA related because I should in fact keep my answers only Tennis related and as we all know, there is no correlation what so ever between tennis and the entity that is the WTA.

icedevil0289
02-10-2009, 04:50 PM

I would like to take this opportunity apologise whole heartily for all the hurts and distress caused by my claim that a player who has never won a grand slam should not be at the summit of the rankings. I express regret for answering questions candidly and without PR gloss. I promise hall of famer Jankovic I will from here on in answer all questions with a ‘no comment’ response, I will answer any question on Novak Djokovic timely injuries with the lines “yes a defending champion should pull out of a grand slam quarter-final because he felt cramps and he felt a bit hot”, “no there’s nothing wrong with a player retiring mid-match because he had a sore throat”.
And from this day forth I will never comment about anything WTA related because I should in fact keep my answers only Tennis related and as we all know, there is no correlation what so ever between tennis and the entity that is the WTA.

haha, omg that would be brilliant. I'd love to see what she would have to say to that.

Dini
02-10-2009, 04:51 PM

I would like to take this opportunity apologise whole heartily for all the hurts and distress caused by my claim that a player who has never won a grand slam should not be at the summit of the rankings. I express regret for answering questions candidly and without PR gloss. I promise hall of famer Jankovic I will from here on in answer all questions with a ‘no comment’ response, I will answer any question on Novak Djokovic timely injuries with the lines “yes a defending champion should pull out of a grand slam quarter-final because he felt cramps and he felt a bit hot”, “no there’s nothing wrong with a player retiring mid-match because he had a sore throat”.

:worship: :worship:

the graduate
02-10-2009, 04:51 PM
I never knew that you would get so much stick for telling the truth. Federer's comments on Nole and Jankovic are spot on and you know it. Jelena is just putting up her defensive mode up right now, she is feeling the pressure in abundance. First she says to be number 1 is more important than winning a slam, then after losing in the 4th round of AO and consequently losing that number 1 ranking she says being n.o 1 is not important, and now she responds uselessly to Federer's comments. People get a grip, call him a prick, ****, bitch whatever you want, but if you look into his words and the context in which they were said you will realise that he was just being honest and saying it how it was. Deny it as much as you want, but his comments on Nole could not have been more true. Nadal I feel never answers questions honestly and fully, but with Federer you can make sure that he will speak his mind and speak the truth. Jankovic get that slam and then we'll start talking, and Federer stay the way you are. If being brutally honest and truthful makes you a prick then so be it. He does not suddenly call the press for a meeting to say these comments, he gets asked. I personally, want his opinion and not a lie. And a lot of you take his words out of context, in this case he did say no disrespect to Jankovic and to be honest I think the whole comment was really a criticism at the way WTA works. The guy is passionate about tennis and knows what he is talking about. If you refuse to see that, then that is your loss.SPOT ON DAWG!!!!:worship::worship::worship:

KittyMac
02-10-2009, 04:52 PM
:haha::haha:Roger response (as I would like to see it):

lol haha

Acer
02-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh Jelena, I like you and everything, but you might as well just shut up.

Acer
02-10-2009, 04:55 PM

I would like to take this opportunity apologise whole heartily for all the hurts and distress caused by my claim that a player who has never won a grand slam should not be at the summit of the rankings. I express regret for answering questions candidly and without PR gloss.

I promise hall of famer Jankovic I will from here on in answer all questions with a ‘no comment’ response, I will answer any question on Novak Djokovic timely injuries with the lines “yes a defending champion should pull out of a grand slam quarter-final because he felt cramps and he felt a bit hot”, “no there’s nothing wrong with a player retiring mid-match because he had a sore throat”.

Thank you.

SheepleBuster
02-10-2009, 04:56 PM
The next thing we need is folks asking Roger about Alex Rodriguez and his confession. Then all hell will break loose :)

The_Nadal_effect

:lol:
That won't help...'cause, they'll begin reading Fed's words like he really meant it.

Too exotic for me, but one thing a bit off topic...
I love arrogant character when he/she is that good, can't even understand why a champ should be too humble all the time. Annoying thing is that someone not that good being that arrogant(Andy Roddick)

...nor as good being humble.

yellowboy906
wow, fed fans enjoying the moment here. hope you enjoy the moment when fed cry "mommy, mummy" at AO final. lol haha

Dini
02-10-2009, 04:59 PM
wow, fed fans enjoying the moment here. hope you enjoy the moment when fed cry "mommy, mummy" at AO final. lol haha

Grow up.

Vida
02-10-2009, 04:59 PM
no no, I guess I worded my comment wrong. I didn't say she should not say anything. I mentioned how she does have every right to defend herself, but she kept saying how she doesn't like to talk about other players, or how she doesn't like to poke her nose, and she is sort of doing the same thing. It has nothing to do with slams or lack of slams. I admit fed shouldn't have said what he said, but perhaps jankovic should just worry about herself and her game. You know, do what murray did. Use this as motivation to work harder and get better.

again this is flawed. so basically what she said was not so wrong after all, but she shouldn't have said it, cause she is jumping in her own mouth - despite that that what she said is basically right?

bah, doessn't matter really. point is you just don't speak the way you do as FEd said about Nole, cause its simply out of order. just shows the arrogant side of his.

the fact Jelena is one of those who pointed out on this doesn't really matter. its WTA thing anyway.

tennis2tennis
02-10-2009, 05:00 PM
"mommy mummy" u sure know how to sling 'em!!

SheepleBuster
02-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I don't know why folks are bashing this thread. It's in the front page of Yahoo sports page, and it has created some buzz. We don't see this cat and mouse things going on between men and women. Now, Serena should stand up for Roger and spank Jelena. :)

Ivanatis
02-10-2009, 05:02 PM
“Why should he even care? I don’t like putting my nose in other’s business."

:worship::worship:

star_of_dusk
02-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Did anyone watch when Jankovic was in her first grandslam final and she kept looking at herself in the big screen that shows up in the crowds and she'd fix her hair and smile...she wasn't looking into the camera..she was looking at the big screen image of herself

I don't know but that REALLY annoyed me. Like really? Stop looking at yourself and start playing this is a grandslam final!

Oh and when she had to play in court 17 or something (I believe Wimbledon last year) and she threw such a fit she ended up losing because she wasn't on center court.

She has a bad attitude, exactly like Djokovic.

schorsch
02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
She had a tear in her meniscus :o.

SheepleBuster
02-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Did anyone watch when Jankovic was in her first grandslam final and she kept looking at herself in the big screen that shows up in the crowds and she'd fix her hair and smile...she wasn't looking into the camera..she was looking at the big screen image of herself

I don't know but that REALLY annoyed me. Like really? Stop looking at yourself and start playing this is a grandslam final!

Oh and when she had to play in court 17 or something (I believe Wimbledon last year) and she threw such a fit she ended up losing because she wasn't on center court.

She has a bad attitude, exactly like Djokovic.

These guys are all so rude. I am sure Novak will snap out of it and realize his error. But Jankovic thinks she is as good as Serena. Come on. The lady doesn't even practice and still shows up and spanks everyone. Maybe Novak asked Jankovic to attack Roger. Will Ivanovic follow?

SheepleBuster
02-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Federer's day keeps getting worse. Now EuroSport is writing him off completely: http://eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/simon-reed-federer.html ;)

icedevil0289
02-10-2009, 05:24 PM
These guys are all so rude. I am sure Novak will snap out of it and realize his error. But Jankovic thinks she is as good as Serena. Come on. The lady doesn't even practice and still shows up and spanks everyone. Maybe Novak asked Jankovic to attack Roger. Will Ivanovic follow?

nah, I think ivanovic is a bit of a fedtard.

icedevil0289
02-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Federer's day keeps getting worse. Now EuroSport is writing him off completely: http://eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/simon-reed-federer.html ;)

that's pretty much what they were saying all of last year as well. They make it sound like he lost first round to a player ranked in the 100's. The man lost to the number 1 in 5 sets. The media is so fickle. Watch, as soon a he wins a tournament, they'll be kissing his ass, and making comments about how fed is back.

rocketassist
02-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Federer thinks WTA is a joke, nothing wrong with that. Anyone with even half a brain knows it's a joke.

Aenea
02-10-2009, 05:42 PM

From this article

As for Verdasco? Well, I've always thought that a leopard can't change his spots - and he's always had a reputation as a bit of a playboy. In fact I've even seen him in action out on the town, getting girls' phone numbers - he's as quick off the court as he is on it!

But last year he trained with Agassi's former fitness coach Gil Reyes, a fearsome taskmaster who takes no prisoners. He survived the experience, and has become a much better player for it. He's certainly better than Novak Djokovic.

If he doesn't become a top-five player by the end of the year then you'll know that something has gone wrong.

groundstroke
02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Jankovic is the worst #1 world ever, haha it's completely true, she had the lowest points ever to reach #1, not only that but how can she dare talk to Federer, when she has no Grand Slams?

thrust
02-10-2009, 06:23 PM
You'd have a point if she actually had criticized his game. Federer's remarks are far from being above criticism.

She did not criticize his game, whereas, he did criticize her ranking. Jelena did not make up the ranking system. Roger is turning into an arrogant, bitter loser. Djokovic looks to be in good shape, however, some people's physical make up prohibit them from adjusting to extremely hot weather. Didn't Novak have some sort of breathing problem that required an operation a few years ago? Perhaps he has a chronic health problem as Sampras did. And by the way Roger has 13 Slams, not 14 as another poster stated.

Black Adam
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
But only because it wouldn't fucking fit.

BOOM BOOM
Not Applicable, Roger himself has a huge nose that ought to have its own post code.

On the other hand I am glad that Roger among others seems to share my opinion of WTA ::yeah:

fred perry
02-10-2009, 06:32 PM
that Jelena, smart girl.:worship:

JustDoIt
02-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Jelena :bowdown:

Bounty Hunter
02-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Shut up Fed. Dang, he sure loves attention... :rolleyes:

http://www.australianopen.com/images/pics/large/b_federer_1_11.jpg

Or Levy
02-10-2009, 07:03 PM
The moment Roger said it, I knew Jelena would react, because she's a mouthy kind of girl, and I also thought Roger should have not mentioned her name at all, or the WTA. I'm a huge Roger fan, but I understand why she is offended. She did everything within her power to win her matches that brought her the 1# ranking, and she did so fairly and by playing good tennis, she's not to blame that Serena or Venus couldn't care less anymore.

However, defending herself and defending Novak is quite different, and IMHO, there's no excuse for her actions. I'd like a reporter to ask her how she would take it if Ana reires against her in a semi final of a Major citing a sore throat, trailing and 4games away from losing the match.

petar_pan
02-10-2009, 07:08 PM
please,can somebody answer to me,can i have 2 profiles on mentennisforums and how?

alfonsojose
02-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Jelena :yeah: CryingFed tries to play the bully but sobs when a tired Pocahontas slaps him :smash:

the graduate
02-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Mods Please Close This Silly Thread!!!!!!THE JANKOBITCHES ARE INFESTING THIS FORUM

morningglory
02-10-2009, 07:31 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:
I can never stop laughing when I see a pic of Fed crying.

Jankovic coulda just responded "no comment" though... It's not like she can or needs to expose Roger for the arrogant crybaby he really is.

Corey Feldman
02-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Jankovic should shut up :retard:

wether right or wrong about Fed, her opinions count for nothing when she is some joke journeywoman player who hasnt won anything in her life

this is a woman who delayed and stalled Venus in a match last year all the way and then complained to the umpire about Venus wasting time when she went to change a racquet, f'en ridiculous player.

morningglory
02-10-2009, 07:41 PM

wether right or wrong about Fed, her opinions count for nothing when she is some joke journeywoman player who hasnt won anything in her life
this is a woman who delayed and stalled Venus in a match last year all the way and then complained to the umpire about Venus wasting time when she went to change a racquet, f'en ridiculous player.

exactly. She shouldn't and can't talk.

the graduate
02-10-2009, 07:46 PM
she should focus more on her ugly horseface,even Mirka is hotter than Jankovic

andylovesaustin
02-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Oh the drama!

This is great! LOL

timafi
02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Jankovic should feel honored that Federer is talking about her.She is no position whatsover to answer Federer;even less tell him to mind his own business.Federer a fellow player and player Jelena can only wish of becoming has earned to right to comment on what he;and a lot of tennis fans;former and current players believe to be a joke of a ranking
it's true that the WTA ranking is flawed and being Kim and Amelie's fans;imo they did more when they got to their world # 1 rankings then Jelena has ever done so far.
Both Kim and Amelie knew that they didn't completely deserve it until both Kim and Amelie had won the 2005 USO and 2006 Australian Open and Wimbledon
she should stfu already and try to win a slam and back her ranking up whinning drama queen:mad:

denibas77
02-10-2009, 07:51 PM

wether right or wrong about Fed, her opinions count for nothing when she is some joke journeywoman player who hasnt won anything in her lifethis is a woman who delayed and stalled Venus in a match last year all the way and then complained to the umpire about Venus wasting time when she went to change a racquet, f'en ridiculous player.

So your opinion value something,what have you done in your life just cause you fan of Federer doesn't mean that his success is yours also.

DhammaTiger
02-10-2009, 08:01 PM
jankovic is like fish you have to cut off the head to enjoy it

Actually in many parts of the world a fish head is the delicacy; so there you go, you must learn to never say things categorically.

SheepleBuster
02-10-2009, 08:05 PM
I hate to say it but Jankovic is the ugliest girl on the WTA tour. And she acts like Roger does. Roger has 13 slams to back him up. She's got nothing. Oh well. Novak's shot himself in the foot by switching rackets, and Ivanoic can't serve anymore.

Corey Feldman
02-10-2009, 08:09 PM
where did Fed criticize Jankovic? he didnt

he criticized the ranking system

Janko sounded a bit sensitive to me - then again, we know what these Serbs are like by now.

reggie1
02-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Shut up Fed. Dang, he sure loves attention... :rolleyes:

http://www.australianopen.com/images/pics/large/b_federer_1_11.jpg
"And All I got was a giant Wagon Wheel!" :devil:

kaylee
02-10-2009, 08:16 PM
hahahaha reggie u crack me up "thud".

reggie1
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Why thank you! It was such a gift I couldn't resist it.

FedFan_2007
02-10-2009, 09:10 PM
:spit:

F.A.I.L.

that said Federer has verbaly bitch-slapped alot of people during his AO campaign, and look how that turned out for him...

so this kind of digs are well expected, even if they are coming from a lesser player
it's really hard NOT to be a lesser player compared to Federer, no?
does that mean one hasn't got a right to throw the same tantrums at him, in response??

alot of people are very hypocritical when it comes to their internet
correctness and values they bring here as oppose to those they express in real life
if at your highschool or college, an over achieving with remarkable grades student was to take a dig at some students that are not soo good or fail to achieve his academical highs for various reasons, laziness, lack of devotion, motivation or simply because of lack of skills...most of you would eat that person alive.

But internet is an entirely different animal, no?

Implying karma got back at Roger in the 5th set? :mad::mad::mad:

Certinfy
02-10-2009, 09:16 PM
You go girl!

Haha this is just making me lol.

Metis
02-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Jankovic :lol: Looking forward to Federer's response. http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/popcorn.gif

:haha: :haha: :haha:
I can never stop laughing when I see a pic of Fed crying.

Here's one more for you:

http://www.minidonkeys.com/images/goat%20crying.gif

:sport:

icedevil0289
02-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Jankovic :lol: Looking forward to Federer's response. http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/popcorn.gif

Here's one more for you:

http://www.minidonkeys.com/images/goat%20crying.gif

:D

if fed's response is anything like what tennis2tennis wanted it to be, he's my new hero.

q.j.
02-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Implying karma got back at Roger in the 5th set? :mad::mad::mad:

actually no

but the fact is he sow the seeds to this situation he's in today

he took a dig at Jankovic, Murray, Djokovic, and it can be argued that the things he said were true, etc, but with that kind of behavior you are creating for yourself an unnecessary bad blood, by this i mean bad blood with Jankovic and Murray, with Djokovic who started to rant to the press of the two is like chicken and the egg thing :rolleyes:
and when you fail, to live up to your expectations, and loss as badly as he did at AO (for me as his fan this is his worst loss), you don't need to have more people having the time of their lives while you cry at the ceremony, more people than there is Nadulltard and Mandytards and Noletards that is :D, and you also don't need that at a very vulnerable time in your carrier an WTA top 5 player or any professional from the tennis world questions or retaliates because of your statements.
What i think is that Jankovic had every right to respond to his previous rant, because she and Murray and everybody else has a right to do that.
And i would be a very much a -tard if i was to just now conclude this on the man: 'He may be the best thing this sport has seen, but is he a great man, a good person...it's doubtful '.

Lacey
02-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Good lass Jelena, look forward to Rogers response ;)

Andi-M
02-10-2009, 11:29 PM
So according to MTF your only allowed to have an opinion or defend yourself if you've won slams?

Fed is nosy and arrogant full stop. Nobody makes him say these controversial things he just does. Sampras didn't, Agassi didn't, Nadal dosen't. and yes they all have multiple slams.

FedFan_2007
02-10-2009, 11:32 PM
actually no

but the fact is he sow the seeds to this situation he's in today

he took a dig at Jankovic, Murray, Djokovic, and it can be argued that the things he said were true, etc, but with that kind of behavior you are creating for yourself an unnecessary bad blood, by this i mean bad blood with Jankovic and Murray, with Djokovic who started to rant to the press of the two is like chicken and the egg thing :rolleyes:
and when you fail, to live up to your expectations, and loss as badly as he did at AO (for me as his fan this is his worst loss), you don't need to have more people having the time of their lives while you cry at the ceremony, more people than there is Nadulltard and Mandytards and Noletards that is :D, and you also don't need that at a very vulnerable time in your carrier an WTA top 5 player or any professional from the tennis world questions or retaliates because of your statements.
What i think is that Jankovic had every right to respond to his previous rant, because she and Murray and everybody else has a right to do that.
And i would be a very much a -tard if i was to just now conclude this on the man: 'He may be the best thing this sport has seen, but is he a great man, a good person...it's doubtful '.

Remember this - all great champs are arrogant jerks. look at Tiger Woods, he didn't play "nice" on his way to 14 majors.

FedFan_2007
02-10-2009, 11:32 PM
So according to MTF your only allowed to have an opinion or defend yourself if you've won slams?

Fed is nosy and arrogant full stop. Nobody makes him say these controversial things he just does. Sampras didn't, Agassi didn't, Nadal dosen't. and yes they all have multiple slams.

When you have 13 slams then you are allowed to speak. :rocker2:

Roddickominator
02-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Jelena better shut her big mouth before Roger gets his cow Mirka to sit on her.

BalkanBoy
02-11-2009, 12:08 AM
bravo jankovic,stupid serbian menatlity,bravo once againt.she is soo dump.

I don't know what is worse your english or your sick mentality. This is the second time I see you writing something like this. Nobody here insults Croats or Croatia and especially not Serbs so why do you do that?

the graduate
02-11-2009, 01:02 AM
tennis is now being reduced to a kangaroo court by these low class tennis players,all the negativity being generated in tennis now is by these low class newbees shh.Jankovic sit your ugly useless ass down:mad:

fast_clay
02-11-2009, 01:23 AM
huh...? f**k me drunk...? what's all this sh!t...? anyone would think federer has said he would come around and **** her dog... all federer did here was critiscise a rankings system that credit a player as number one without a major title... its a joke now just like it was a joke when rios did it... no biggie... just a fair enough statement... i dont know if he critiscised her did he...? maybe he should have...

anyways... federer should scrap estoril and go play belgrade for sh!ts and giggles...

icedevil0289
02-11-2009, 01:38 AM
QUOTE=fast_clay;8144522]huh...? f**k me drunk...? what's all this sh!t...? anyone would think federer has said he would come around and **** her dog... all federer did here was critiscise a rankings system that credit a player as number one without a major title... its a joke now just like it was a joke when rios did it... no biggie... just a fair enough statement... i dont know if he critiscised her did he...? maybe he should have...

anyways... federer should scrap estoril and go play belgrade for sh!ts and giggles...[/QUOTE]

:haha::bowdown:

Forehander
02-11-2009, 01:40 AM
She just wants to get closer to Nadal, raking in a gold mine. She needs to look in the mirror though, even intensive plastic surgery won't help.

the graduate
02-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Nadal doesnt deal with crassy trash,look at Jelena eew then look at Xisca yum yum

Kolya
02-11-2009, 02:08 AM
To solve this Federer and Jankovic should both join MTF :p

icedevil0289
02-11-2009, 02:11 AM

if roger had joined mtf and read the posts, I'm positive he would have had his 14th slam by now, probably 15th as well.

wilmar
02-11-2009, 02:28 AM
JUICY!!!

What a way to wake up on a Wednesday morning!

Roger, I haven't been warming up to lately.

As for Djokovic and Jankovic, even though I have a strong dislike for both, I thought they'd make a perfect match and lovely couple. Both always deliver on the tennis court, however, it is with loads of drama antics rather than the tennis proper itself. Jankovic, however, I'd give a bit more credit for she doesn't pull the match-retiring stunts. She's got balls!

And this guy in Montecarlo is paid tenths of thousands, has all the public of a semi watching him, and can't play 4 more games and simply lose? sore throat? can you get more pathetic than that?

Exactly! I think it was also another 4 more games to go at the AO with Roddick.

I think the crowd and media and public will give him his due credit and maybe win some sympathy votes if he had just stood there and double-faulted another 8 points and hit another 8 returning errors.

To be fair to Roger, he did have a disclaimer "no disrespect to Jankovic" before his comment.

And also, you can't fault Federer for something that even fellow WTA players have brought up. Serena and Davenport in particular have expressed similar comments on Jankovic being #1 with no Slam. So I doubt any WTA players will join in Jankovic's crusade.

I did I did!:eek: she thought she was America's Next Top Model.

Jankovic reminds me so much of a tranny. I'm sure my drag friends will give me an earful for this, because they know they look way better than her. ;)

former and current players believe to be a joke of a ranking
it's true that the WTA ranking is flawed and being Kim and Amelie's fans;imo they did more when they got to their world # 1 rankings then Jelena has ever done so far.
Both Kim and Amelie knew that they didn't completely deserve it until both Kim and Amelie had won the 2005 USO and 2006 Australian Open and Wimbledon
she should stfu already and try to win a slam and back her ranking up whinning drama queen:mad:

At least Kim and Amelie got to #1 by way better performance, can't remember about Amelie, but Kim won 9 Top Tier events and reach a few Slam finals by then. Jankovic I believe only won 4 tournies last year, with only one big title.

In addition, I remember poor Hingis getting a lot of flak for still being #1 at the turn of the millennium with no recent Slams to boast (the Williams had won them all during that period). So if a 5-time Slam winner can get all that criticism, I'm sure it is expected that Jankovic will get that too, if not more.

"Camera! Lights! Action!" (Jankovic lurves this part)
Let the drama continue!

SheepleBuster
02-11-2009, 05:45 AM
I am sure Roger will give Jankovic a call and she will wet herself just like Novak did when Andy went after him in shower.

crude oil
02-11-2009, 05:58 AM
i hope fed hears about this.

crude oil
02-11-2009, 05:59 AM
its about time someone got pissy at federer.

yes..federer is honest but he also has to realize that his "honesty" has consequences and will not be taken in the best of terms all the time.

wilander was honest and roger did not like it

icedevil0289
02-11-2009, 06:01 AM
i hope fed hears about this.

He probably would laugh at this entire thing. If I were him, I would go to my trophy room, and count my 13 trophies and laugh.

icedevil0289
02-11-2009, 06:02 AM
its about time someone got pissy at federer.

yes..federer is honest but he also has to realize that his "honesty" has consequences and will not be taken in the best of terms all the time.

wilander was honest and roger did not like it

what did he say about wilander's comments?

SAtennis
02-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Bravo, Federer!!

I'm so excited to watch this whole juicy stuff btw Federer and Janko. Federer has been very honest with all the questions he got from the press, and Janko got pissed off because she's just not confident with her tennis. While Roger will be nominated for the Tennis Hall of Fame more than ten times, Janko will be forgotton very soon.

Doggy
02-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Though I got to admit, Jankovic with no Grand Slams has no right to criticize Federer. But the way Federer is acting these days, I wouldn't be surprised if players finally ditch him and look at Nadal as their model. Djokovic will never have the respect of other players regardless of what he achieves unless he changes his ways.

You have to win 13 GS's in order to criticize Federer???? Then, I guess everyone on this board should be banned. :rolleyes:

Forehander
02-11-2009, 10:33 AM
I feel love tension between the two. Good bye time for Mirka.

drf716
02-11-2009, 10:46 AM
well they certainly are not private citizens

Magenta
02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Good on Jankovic. All this biterness coming from a "humble" and "great" champion.

sammy01
02-11-2009, 11:06 AM
What a load of handbag swinging. I love it!

to right, me to!

though i advise federer not to get into a bitch fight with jj because he aint gonna win, the women are much better at this game always have been. the men may rule on court, but the women rule when it comes to off court drama and bitching.

syd
02-11-2009, 12:56 PM
she should answer him on the court, and try to confirm her status by winning but apparently that's the only thing she can't do !!!
ans why is she defending Novak ? everyone knows he's a pure comedian !!!!

AND, what's the connection with Nadal ?

rtgy
02-11-2009, 01:08 PM

I think that Fed have no right to comment the other players......Jelena is right - he must keep his attention on his problems, not to put his nose in the other players business!!!

:( ridiculous

andylovesaustin
02-11-2009, 01:16 PM

duong
02-11-2009, 02:36 PM

By Julien Pretot

PARIS, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Federer also led the charge against Jankovic's compatriot Novak Djokovic when he quit because of the heat in his Australian Open quarter-final match against Andy Roddick.

"I'm almost in favour of saying, you know what, if you're not fit enough, just get out of here," the Swiss said.

When Federer said that, it was in a long talk about being in favour or not of medical time-outs, not at all about Djokovic :

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2009-01-27/200901271232977497765.html

(look the question :
Q. You're not a man that normally calls for trainers. Do you have a view on the habit of players to call trainers and possibly stop matches in the flow of the matches currently and whether that's right or wrong? )

Typical journalists'work.

And even more a French journalist ! Yes in France our journalists are as great as the others to spread bullshit ! :haha:

duong
02-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Typical journalists'work.

I've even found a more imaginative and harsher version of that :evil: for those who speak French : Canadian journalists are even more "talented" :lol: than the French !

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/tennis/2009/02/10/002-jankofederer-mardi.shtml

Let's wait a little bit :

quite soon Federer will have said that Djokovic is impotent and that's why he could never f..ck Jankovic !

And he was so-called "gentleman" !

Look how horrible this man is ! :haha:

neme6
02-11-2009, 03:42 PM
i like federer even more right now lol. I allways hated this freaking drama queen and allways thought the same thing roger just said, it's a complete joke that she got to no1 without winning a slam!

same thing for novak, such a pussy!

sawan66278
02-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm double-minded here. To begin, the WTA is not tennis. So, being #1 or #100 matters not. As the tour SO intensely promotes, its all about looking good on the court...and finding a "hero":rolleyes:..whatever that means.

Their ranking system is a joke, and hence, Jankovic reached the "pinnacle". However, Federer again shows that when it comes to tact, the man has the subtlety of an atomic bomb. And, again and again, his defenders claim that he is simply being "honest". Listen: his English is too good for me to simply accept that he doesn't know what he is saying. But the legitimate point is this: its ultimately HOW one says things that matters.

For example, why could he not have said something like this: "The slams are the ultimate goal of all players...and while achieving the top ranking is an honor, every player wants to be the last one standing at the end of a slam."

Now, I came up with this in about five seconds. And Federer has had extensive p.r. training. I guess I can't really expect much more after witnessing "the tears of a clown";)

Oh...and again, the players are FINALLY realizing: Rafa is truly classy and with Federer: don't believe the hype.

meihaditalab
02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Jankovic is a disaster. Federer was right for once. there can't be a number 1 without a GS, and jankovic's comeback's were horrible.

duong
02-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Oh...and again, the players are FINALLY realizing: Rafa is truly classy and with Federer: don't believe the hype.

I would not say that : Rafa is professional, Federer is classy.

Considering how honest he has been, he really has to have a lot of tact as you said to have been appreciated along all these years.

For anybody else, it would have been a disaster, I can assure you.

He took too many risks, but he usually made his "language shots" very skilfully.

But in interviews Rafa is the best for sure ... since he respects the bases of professional communication.

Federer keeps on behaving as an amateur for that, highly talented amateur, but yet an amateur.

dusk
02-11-2009, 04:50 PM
To begin, the WTA is not tennis.

If you say so, it must be true.

rocketassist
02-11-2009, 05:51 PM

Most people here agree with him, not you. Back to your mickey mouse tour and mickey mouse WTAworld I think. :lol:

sawan66278
02-11-2009, 06:36 PM

The next thing we'll hear is that dominoes should be an Olympic sport.

Tutu
02-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Thank God there is someone with enough balls to stop licking the Shit out of Roger Federer's ass and call him out!

And dont even think about calling her the worst no.1 ever, not while Ana Ivanovic is still around. At least unlike all these first time Finalists the WTA has been having, shes been able to show some massive balls in her first GS Final.

uZDO_CFyXg8

syd
02-11-2009, 09:29 PM
is anyone have a link of this itw of Federer speaking about wta ???