Costa do Sauipe R1 Granollers def Saretta 6-2 2-6 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Costa do Sauipe R1 Granollers def Saretta 6-2 2-6 6-1

nestingus
02-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Didn't realise Saretta was once 44 in the world! He did well to come back in the second, but kinda fell apart in the third - shame really. Was up 40-15 at 1-5 but got really tight and dropped the match.

Guess thats why he's fallen to 543 in the world lol!

I'm quite liking this early dose of clay - kinda hard to see where the ball is on the Bet365 stream though!

Tankman
02-09-2009, 11:36 PM
uhr thread title? Sarella? sounds like a bug or something :p

flexeter
02-09-2009, 11:41 PM
it´s Saretta, and he wasn´t that bad once really, he dropped his ranking because of injuries

don´t see him coming back in the 150 though

shotgun
02-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Absolute waste of a wildcard.

flexeter
02-09-2009, 11:47 PM
at least he won a set

Smeets at French Open is what you call an absolute waste of a wildcard

Tankman
02-09-2009, 11:52 PM
:haha:

yes it is :p

if you're gonna give an Aussie a RG WC, it had better be Luczak. Or Klein. Or Tomic :p

nestingus
02-09-2009, 11:55 PM

ha, yes it does a bit! thats the lack of sleep getting to me...

habibko
02-09-2009, 11:59 PM
good fight in the second set from the latin-olympics gold medalist brazilian but no problems for the young talent.

more like a bacterium :o

Machiavelli
02-10-2009, 12:01 AM
This Granollers is so overrated, pathetic player...

Tankman
02-10-2009, 12:02 AM
:lol:

edit it then

yeah it does

ecoli/whats the one that ends in ella?

virus = varicella also :p

flexeter
02-10-2009, 12:02 AM

who overrates him? :wavey:

habibko
02-10-2009, 12:13 AM

edit it then

yeah it does

salmonella and shigella to name a few ;)

Tankman
02-10-2009, 12:24 AM
ah that's right

I knew it sounded like saumon or something :p

Machiavelli
02-10-2009, 12:34 AM
who overrates him? :wavey:

He got lucky in Houston last season, nothing more then a CH player, MTF overrates him of course...

Caio_Brasil
02-10-2009, 12:37 AM
itīs Saretta, and he wasnīt that bad once really, he dropped his ranking because of injuries

donīt see him coming back in the 150 though

Injury problems, personal problems, foccusing problems. It's a big mix of many things. He isn't the best player to trust in a tennis court, but I kinda like him. It's very clear that he's very disappointed with his situation right now, and to be honest I don't see him getting back to the top 150 as well.

Btw, the original poster should change the thread title. Sarella sounds really awkward :lol:

TankingTheSet
02-10-2009, 12:43 AM
I think the English working-class inbred retard commentator on the video stream pronounced it as "Sarella". But he pronounces all foreign names in all kinds of stupid ways.

And indeed Granollers did not look particularly impressive, average grinding was enough to do the job.

flexeter
02-10-2009, 12:58 AM
He got lucky in Houston last season, nothing more then a CH player, MTF overrates him of course...

If Granollers is a challenger player, than there arenīt many players left to play ATP events by your standards :confused:

I dont say he is great, but hey, heīs better than your average claycourter like Gimeno Traver or whoever, Marcel can play on hard courts too.

Didnīt see this match, so I should stop posting here :devil:

GlennMirnyi
02-10-2009, 01:05 AM
Absolute waste of a wildcard.

x2.

ha, yes it does a bit! thats the lack of sleep getting to me...

What about editing the post then? :rolleyes:

good fight in the second set from the latin-olympics gold medalist brazilian but no problems for the young talent.

more like a bacterium :o

It's Pan-american, and it's not "the latin-olympics". To start, the term "latin-olympics" should then encompass France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Romania and their colonies. Pan-american means it's the games of the whole American continent.

Not that I care about it, just so you get it right.

habibko
02-10-2009, 01:13 AM
It's Pan-american, and it's not "the latin-olympics". To start, the term "latin-olympics" should then encompass France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Romania and their colonies. Pan-american means it's the games of the whole American continent.

Not that I care about it, just so you get it right.

my bad then, I just looked at the countries competing in Tennis and they were Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela, Chile, Colombia and Mexico so I assumed it's just Latin America.

ChinoRios4Ever
02-10-2009, 02:36 AM
Why a WC to a semi-retired player? :shrug:

WC choices in CDS are almost as bad as Viņa :p

orangehat
02-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Guess he sort of bounced back from that loss against De Chaunac. Sort of only though still looks fairly shaky. Expect him to make an early exit next round. (if he has a decent enough opponent)

GlennMirnyi
02-10-2009, 03:43 AM
Why a WC to a semi-retired player? :shrug:

WC choices in CDS are almost as bad as Viņa :p

So true.

Sarjetta never deserved WCs before and certainly doesn't deserve them now.

sammy01
02-10-2009, 04:46 AM
i was so bored watching this match, if Granollers had taken anymore steps back behind the baseline he would have been sat in the stands, still that wouldn't have been a problem as the stands were empty.

still plus points, i like sarettas tattoos and hes looks better than when he had long hair, his tennis sadly dosen't.

Tankman
02-10-2009, 04:47 AM
So true.

Sarjetta never deserved WCs before and certainly doesn't deserve them now.

sigh Gu

learn to spell :p

Action Jackson
02-10-2009, 05:01 AM

Stick to your Seppi bets.

Action Jackson
02-10-2009, 05:03 AM
sigh Gu

learn to spell :p

That is the correct spelling of Saretta's name for the message that Gu was trying to get across.

Flavio is well past it and shouldn't have got a WC here, maybe he, Brzezicki and Ghem can continue their music careers.

Tankman
02-10-2009, 05:07 AM
That is the correct spelling of Saretta's name for the message that Gu was trying to get across.

Flavio is well past it and shouldn't have got a WC here, maybe he, Brzezicki and Ghem can continue their music careers.

Ok all well and good then

Is this in the same vein as Nadull, Mugray, Fakervic, Clownga and Pusher Simon? :p

VamosNadal175
02-10-2009, 05:44 AM
sarella

good thread

Machiavelli
02-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Stick to your Seppi bets.

Marcel won me some $, that's not the problem, just the match was awful, he played against a semi-profi, the tennis was at futures level, Seppi is a legend, i have learned that lesson..

nestingus
02-10-2009, 07:54 AM

edit it then

yeah it does

No it will remain amusing, can't edit the post title for some reason...

Tankman
02-10-2009, 07:57 AM
:lol: ok

have you gone to "go advanced" yet? :p

HattonWBA
02-10-2009, 07:58 AM
did well to come back in the second, result never in doubt though really

jazar
02-10-2009, 08:48 AM
this match was so weird. one guy dominated each set but then without doing anything wrong found themselves a break down in the next straight away

nestingus
02-10-2009, 09:40 AM
:lol: ok

have you gone to "go advanced" yet? :p

Got there in the end! I'm not used to this 'go advanced' malachy... ok, no more virus/bug jokes!

CooCooCachoo
02-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Vamos Marcel :yeah:

And for Saretta to win a set is good news, though I don't know whether he is taking the sport seriously enough to be able to come back fully.

Tankman
02-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Got there in the end! I'm not used to this 'go advanced' malachy... ok, no more virus/bug jokes!

well it's called TT :rocker2:

:rolls: ok then :p