Handball players attacked - Cosma dies, Pesic and Sesum barely made it through.. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Handball players attacked - Cosma dies, Pesic and Sesum barely made it through..

Machiavelli
02-09-2009, 07:44 AM
http://www.eurohandball.com/article/12080

An unreal tragedy happened in Hungary. Three handball players were attacked in a night club in Veszprem. Marian Cosma(26,romania) died after he was stabbed 2 times with a knife in his heart, Ivan Pesic(20,croatia) was stabbed in the back, one of his kidneys had to be removed, he made it through and his life is not in danger, Zarko Sesum(23,serbia) got his skull fractured and he also made it through, almost lost an eye..

The three friends started the evening in a restaurant, attending a party, celebrating because of one of their hungarian team mates got a child recently, after that they went to a night club, the romanian player was dancing with his girlfirend and suddenly he was attacked by 5 gipsy hungarians after he tried to help a waitress, the two other guys tried to help him, Sesum was attcked when he tried to take out the toung out of the mouth of Cosma who fell to the floor, Pesic ran over to help the guys and then he was stabbed in the back.. Heroic stuff from the young guys, but it ended in a tragedy... Reports say that in the end the three players got attacked by more then 15 gipsy hungarians who were armed with knifes and guns. Two people were arrested, hope tehy get at least 20 years of prison..

The croatian player is an excellent young goalkeeper, best in the world in his generation, same goes for the serbian player who is an excellent player...

R.I.P Cosma..

How thid can happen in civilized Europe, very sad....

P.S: so much for croatian-serbian hatred, the two players are best friends...

MariaV
02-09-2009, 08:07 AM
OMG what a tragedy. :sad: :sad:

Action Jackson
02-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Horrible news and senseless.

waterlily_021989
02-09-2009, 08:49 AM
this is such a tragedy:sad:he was a talented young man that shouldn't have died so young.why didn't they arrest all 15 gipsies,here in Romania the reports say that only 1 man was arrested,and they are still looking for the other one,how is that possible?this is so sad:sad::sad::sad:
R.I.P Marian:awww:

Nathaliia
02-09-2009, 08:57 AM
:sad:

JolánGagó
02-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Surreal, terrible news.

martine2
02-09-2009, 10:09 AM
OMG, this is terrible :sad:

Peta Pan
02-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Horrible news :sad:

RIP

finishingmove
02-09-2009, 12:05 PM
unreal...

just unbelievable

alfonsojose
02-09-2009, 05:46 PM
:sad: Was it a racial attack? :unsure: :scratch: :confused:

buddyholly
02-09-2009, 07:43 PM
[quote=Machiavelli;8134907] the romanian player was dancing with his girlfirend and suddenly he was attacked by 5 gipsy hungarians [quote]

The article you link never uses the word ''gypsy'', yet your account is laced with the word. Did you just assume it must have been gypsies, because it is always the fault of gypsies?

On a trip to Romania shortly after the fall of Communism, my hosts (a government agency) warned me not to go out in the city alone, because gypsies would get me! One of them even asserted that Hitler was right in trying to kill off the gypsies and she thought Naziism was what Romania needed. Given that genocide was being practiced in countries to the west of Romania at that very time, my interest in that part of the world disappeared quickly.

*Ljubica*
02-09-2009, 07:55 PM
What a senseless, tragic thing to happen to three young men in the prime of their lives. My condolences to the family of the guy who died - RIP Cosma, and good wishes for a speedy recovery to his brave friends who tried to help.

waterlily_021989
02-09-2009, 08:04 PM
[quote=Machiavelli;8134907] the romanian player was dancing with his girlfirend and suddenly he was attacked by 5 gipsy hungarians [quote]

The article you link never uses the word ''gypsy'', yet your account is laced with the word. Did you just assume it must have been gypsies, because it is always the fault of gypsies?

On a trip to Romania shortly after the fall of Communism, my hosts (a government agency) warned me not to go out in the city alone, because gypsies would get me! One of them even asserted that Hitler was right in trying to kill off the gypsies and she thought Naziism was what Romania needed. Given that genocide was being practiced in countries to the west of Romania at that very time, my interest in that part of the world disappeared quickly.

the attackers were indeed gypsies,3 of them were arrested including the one that killed Marian Cozma.there are images from the surveillance camera from the club,that clearly show who the attackers were.

rafaelita
02-10-2009, 08:27 AM
The media agencies said from the beginning 'local Roma ethnics', so I suppose they know what they're talking about.

Local media here reported that Cozma was stabbed before, about 4 or 5 years ago, but he managed to get better. This time he didn't make it, sadly. He had so much to look forward to, both profesionally and personally.

It is a horrifying tragedy indeed. Condolences to the family.
RIP, Marian Cozma.

PS So glad that the Hungarian police guys are moving so fast and are so efficient, it is reassuring.

Deathless Mortal
02-10-2009, 12:03 PM
RIP Cozma
In an article I read, it says the gypsies were celebrating that one of their friends got out of prison, and didn't want to pay to the waitress, so Cozma tried to help, and then it happened.
Here's a video from the security camera, at around 1:38 you can see how a bald guy pushes Cozma out of the club...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTEOSPCVmkg&eurl=http://www.net.hr/sport/page/2009/02/10/0031006.html