Viña SF: (1) Fernando Gonzalez routs Pablo Cuevas 6-3 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Viña SF: (1) Fernando Gonzalez routs Pablo Cuevas 6-3 6-2

ChinoRios4Ever
02-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Well done Gonzo, take the 4th title man at home :D

Cuevas was angry with the crowd again :o :rolleyes:

Voo de Mar
02-08-2009, 01:25 AM
They should change the name of the city on Feña del Mar ;)

zine56
02-08-2009, 01:26 AM
uhm....

unexpected....

(and by unexpected i mean cuevas acting like a little bitch throwing the ball to the crowd and refusing to wait for Gonzo to be ready for serve.)

RsaibotD
just amazing gonzo:cool:..... just pathetic Cuevas at the end of the match :o

ClaudiuS
Just like last year. Cuevas must be loving chilean crowds when he's playing Gonzo. :lol:

But now the difference was that Gonzo now didn't take much time to beat him.

Go for the title now. :yeah:

cobalt60
Nice match from Gonzalez but those last few games the crowd was a bit unruly.

cobalt60
02-08-2009, 01:27 AM

Cute;)

TankingTheSet
02-08-2009, 01:27 AM
Gonzo couldn't do anything wrong today. He just wacked the ball as hard as he could and every time it was just inside the line. No chance for cuevas.

ChinoRios4Ever
02-08-2009, 01:28 AM

The tournament owners wants to change the place, cause Viña doesn't have a real stadium. The Viña's mayor said he will do it, but it's only smoke. :shrug:

Santiago is an option for next years tournament.

ClaudiuS
02-08-2009, 01:29 AM
uhm....

unexpected....

(and by unexpected i mean cuevas acting like a little bitch throwing the ball to the crowd and refusing to wait for Gonzo to be ready for serve.)

expected.

I was inside the stadium at the semifinal last year. And after what I saw from Cuevas, I was surprised to see him playing here again. The guy simply loses his temper against tough crowds.

PoliFanAthic
02-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Gonzalez was hitting some great shots, but the end to the match was pretty hard to like.

ChinoRios4Ever
02-08-2009, 01:32 AM
expected.

I was inside the stadium at the semifinal last year. And after what I saw from Cuevas, I was surprised to see him playing here again. The guy simply loses his temper against tough crowds.

Rare, cause today the match wasnt even close to see a tough crowd, the match was never in doubt for Gonzo.

Smoke944
02-08-2009, 01:33 AM
Bring this effort to every match throughout the year, will you :o

zine56
02-08-2009, 01:34 AM
uhm...maybe Cuevas was angry cuz' he felt the dropshots on 6-3 4-1 were a little too much ¬__¬?

Nathalia
02-08-2009, 01:36 AM
uhm....

unexpected....

Remember last year the crowd was very unruly with Cuevas and Gonzo was shouting each point directly in Pablo's face. Just like today.
There is some kind of rivalry since then between the two.

ChinoRios4Ever
02-08-2009, 01:42 AM
Remember last year the crowd was very unruly with Cuevas and Gonzo was shouting each point directly in Pablo's face. Just like today.

Maybe, but last year Gonzo was far of his best in Viña and for sure he look in less Pablo's level and he almost lost the match. After that he beat him 3 more times counting today's match (all quickie ones). ;)

zine56
02-08-2009, 01:44 AM

Gonzo shouted to his face after Cuevas hit an easy ball directly to his body when he was on the net, i'm actually surprised Gonzo didn't rip his fuc**ng head off when he had a similar chance later on the match.

and the crowd was fine until that ball throwing and the rush-on-serve, that was reaaaally stupid on a DC-like atmosphere.

A_Rod
02-08-2009, 01:46 AM
Gonzo simply fantastic, nothing else to say.

*Viva Chile*
02-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Cuevas behaved like a total prick today, the crowd was ok until Cuevas threw that ball to the public. The worst was when started to serve before Gonzo was ready :o :rolleyes:

ChinoRios4Ever
02-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Cuevas behaved like a total prick today, the crowd was ok until Cuevas threw that ball to the public. The worst was when started to serve before Gonzo was ready :o :rolleyes:

He woke up the monster. :devil:

zine56
02-08-2009, 02:01 AM
He woke up the monster. :devil:

Viña's "Monstruo"? :devil: and the Festival is in two weeks :devil:

quiron
02-08-2009, 02:02 AM
gonzalez le ganó a 3 argentinos ya :haha: y va por el cuarto :)

Sparko1030
02-08-2009, 02:03 AM
:yippee: Fernando!!!

ChinoRios4Ever
02-08-2009, 02:08 AM
Viña's "Monstruo"? :devil: and the Festival is in two weeks :devil:

Viña's Monstruo also in the Movistar Open?. :devil:

Hope he eats Chucho tomorrow like he did with Enrique Iglesias, Oscar Gangas and El Carmelo in the past festivals. :worship:

QWE
02-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Cuevas :smash: :spit:

zine56
02-08-2009, 02:11 AM
Hope he eats Chucho tomorrow like he did with Enrique Iglesias, Oscar Gangas and El Carmelo in the past festivals. :worship:

don't think so :devil:, El Monstruo feeds on emotions like Cuevas did today... Chucho has the exact same face winning or losing ¬_¬

*Viva Chile*
02-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Viña's Monstruo also in the Movistar Open?. :devil:

naaahh :p Chucho is not a prick and it seems that "El Mounstro" likes him :lol: (at least the mounstritas :haha: )

zine56
02-08-2009, 02:17 AM
naaahh :p Chucho is not a prick and it seems that "El Mounstro" likes him :lol: (at least the mounstritas :haha: )

remember when he was in the TV show "Mekano"?... the girls were all over him :devil:

ChinoRios4Ever
02-08-2009, 02:19 AM
don't think so :devil:, El Monstruo feeds on emotions like Cuevas did today... Chucho has the exact same face winning or losing ¬_¬

Fact. :p

True. Is a former champ and he showed some emotions when he won in 2006, also in tears in the trophy presentation. But i think "Mounstritas" like most Pico Monaco, Zabaleta or Gaudio.

Mostly "El Monstruo" don't like argies, but all this change when Hugo Guerra was great 4-5 years ago in the festival. :lol:

Diorelli
02-08-2009, 02:23 AM
Congrats Gonzo :rocker2:

orangehat
02-08-2009, 02:24 AM
los chilenos rowdy as usual. they got really annoying for me.

zine56
02-08-2009, 02:33 AM
los chilenos rowdy as usual. they got really annoying for me.

boo-hoo :sad:

Nathalia
02-08-2009, 02:57 AM
Maybe, but last year Gonzo was far of his best in Viña and for sure he look in less Pablo's level and he almost lost the match. After that he beat him 3 more times counting today's match (all quickie ones). ;)

And that's why Gonzo is a top 20 player and Pablo's not. That's too obvious. What I'm pointing at is that the chilean crowd gets "firey" very easily and truly annoying sometimes. This is not Davis Cup. I'm not trying to justify him, but last year he didn't do anything wrong and it was also a real nightmare, including a suspicious blackout, perhaps trying to stop Pablo's momentum in the match?

Anyway, Gonzo is playing great and if he keeps playing like this he's going to get back to the top 10 very soon. Not my favourite guy in the whole planet, fact, but he's a hell of a player.

tennishero
02-08-2009, 03:42 AM
that chilean crowd went too far, laughing, whistling, insulting etc. I dont blame Cuevas, he just wanted to get the fuck out of there. They would rather Fena get a free ticket to the final then watch a decent match.

CrossCourt13
02-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Gonzo is irritating as hell. Those "vamos" in Cuevas face after every single point in the first set were ridiculous and very annoying. He was acting like he's playing (and winning) Nadal.
And hard to understand the crowd hating Cuevas so much, a low ranked qualifier who shows up to play only in Vina, and were so brutal to him when it was already obvious he's gonna lose.:rolleyes:

Mateya
02-08-2009, 09:16 AM
And hard to understand the crowd hating Cuevas so much, a low ranked qualifier who shows up to play only in Vina, and were so brutal to him when it was already obvious he's gonna lose.:rolleyes:

Exactly.
:crazy: chilean crowd only cares about their Gonzo, everything else doesn't matter and other players are treated like garbage.
I hope Cuevas plays like this more often, not only here...

rhinooooo
02-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Great fun this match. Cuevas didn't even play badly but Gonzo was just on. Every shot just seemed a winner. Annoying to see him so rowdy though. You'd have thought he was playing a final against Fed or Rafa the way he was acting.

Certinfy
02-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Why can't Gonzo play like this when playing the top 10. lol

FelipeMIA89
02-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Gonzo shouted to his face after Cuevas hit an easy ball directly to his body when he was on the net, i'm actually surprised Gonzo didn't rip his fuc**ng head off when he had a similar chance later on the match.

and the crowd was fine until that ball throwing and the rush-on-serve, that was reaaaally stupid on a DC-like atmosphere.

jajajajaja so true :)

HattonWBA
02-08-2009, 05:27 PM
expected one, wow this gonzo is good

JBdV
02-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Take this title Gonzo.