Australian Open Programmes [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Australian Open Programmes

jockey
02-05-2009, 02:26 PM
I recently went through an involuntary redundancy and decided to undertake certifications to fast track myself back into the workforce. To be able to do this I had to clean up my room and during this discovered four Australian Open Programmes that brought back memories of when I used to attend the Tennis having been a great fan through the eighties and nineties.

Now I was just (forgive me for this) going to simply throw them out, but I happened to come across this forum and decided that maybe someone else might want to provide them with a good home. I suggest that there may be some collectors out there who will like to have these ones as they are as follows:

Ford Australian Open Kooyong Jan 12-28 1987 (Last event held at Kooyong)
Ford Australian Open National Tennis Centre Flinders Park Melbourne January 11 - 24 1988 (First at Melbourne Park)
Ford Australian Open 1990
Ford Australian Open 1993 Official Souvenir Program

It was interesting to see the catch phrase "It's all on the line" with the word "all" above a ^ symbol in red on the front of the 1993 program just above the 1993 Ford Australian Open. Also neither of the 1990 or 1993 programmes had the actual dates of the tournament on the cover.

I was lucky enough to see Steffi Graf, Mats Wilander, Pat Cash, Gabriella Sabatini, Yannick Noah and a number of other stars of that era when attending the Open during those years. I hope these names bring back the memories for you as they did for me when I looked through the programmes again.:)

Apart from a slightly upturned corner on the front cover of both the 87 and 90 programmes and a few of the middle pages being lose they are in excellent condition considering they have been stored in a tub in amonst papers for 20 odd years. I filled in the complete scores for the 1987 / 1988 events in the lift outs provided as I attended around the third round but did not get all the set scores for some of the early matches in 87. I also missed some of the doubles results. The 93 insert has all singles results at the conclusion of the 4th round.

Anyway if anyone is interested they can email me: terry.silva@bigpond.com to let me know.

Regards
Terry