Carol Thatcher dropped from the BBC, after being racist to a tennis player [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Carol Thatcher dropped from the BBC, after being racist to a tennis player

Pages : 1 [2]

Snoo Foo
02-09-2009, 01:54 AM
no she got fired because what she said was offensive. however, there are laws that determine what is offensive and what you can fire someone for.

see, in the US you can fire someone for just about anything (or nothing at all), except a few things (race, religion, sex, national origin, disabilities).

JolánGagó
02-09-2009, 01:56 AM
Agreed. If anything it's the paranoid Brits who invented PC :p

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. The shit is as American as peanut butter and Dolly Parton.

Tankman
02-09-2009, 02:05 AM
see, in the US you can fire someone for just about anything (or nothing at all), except a few things (race, religion, sex, national origin, disabilities).

:lol:

I just remembered how WEAK your unfair dismissal laws are :p

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. The shit is as American as peanut butter and Dolly Parton.

:shrug:

whoever invented it, it certainly wasn't us :p

although your disease is infected my country like the plague :( :help:

Snoo Foo
02-09-2009, 02:13 AM

I just remembered how WEAK your unfair dismissal laws are :p

dude I tried to tell you there must be some fundamental difference in employment laws for you and so many others to be so worked up about this bullshit which to me seems like nothing. It's not like she's going to jail over this.

Lee
02-09-2009, 02:18 AM
If I read some of the articles post earlier correctly, she's not exactly fired. She still works for BBC but no longer with that show.

Tankman
02-09-2009, 02:24 AM
dude I tried to tell you there must be some fundamental difference in employment laws for you and so many others to be so worked up about this bullshit which to me seems like nothing. It's not like she's going to jail over this.

yeah fine. I forgot for a little while :lol:

UK/Australian labour laws are much stronger than American ones :p

How did you guys get into such a crappy situation anyway? It was cos you guys rebelled and disowned the monarchy isn't it? :p

Tankman
02-09-2009, 02:25 AM
If I read some of the articles post earlier correctly, she's not exactly fired. She still works for BBC but no longer with that show.

that is correct Lee :)

Lee
02-09-2009, 02:28 AM
that is correct Lee :)

Thanks! Then why people keep saying she's fired? :p

Snoo Foo
02-09-2009, 02:30 AM
Thanks! Then why people keep saying she's fired? :p

cuz it's more fun to sustain their outrage over a firing :yeah:

Tankman
02-09-2009, 02:41 AM
cuz it's more fun to sustain their outrage over a firing :yeah:

maintain the rage :fiery:

:haha:

JolánGagó
02-09-2009, 02:53 AM
Im not discussing labour laws but the character assesination on grounds of private utterings.

~*BGT*~
02-09-2009, 03:00 AM
Im not discussing labour laws but the character assesination on grounds of private utterings.

You DO realize that she is a celebrity and public figure and basically nothing she does/says is private? :confused: For goodness' sakes, Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian made "private" sex tapes with their boyfriends, "private" nude pics of Vanessa Hudgens were released by the person to whom they were gifted, and some people snapped shots of Rafa changing his swim trunks on a boat. For these people, there is no privacy so why be dumb enough to do something controversial? :o

JolánGagó
02-09-2009, 03:19 AM
You DO realize that she is a celebrity and public figure and basically nothing she does/says is private?

with all due respect,, that's utter bollocks.

:confused: For goodness' sakes, Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian made "private" sex tapes with their boyfriends, "private" nude pics of Vanessa Hudgens were released by the person to whom they were gifted, and some people snapped shots of Rafa changing his swim trunks on a boat. For these people, there is no privacy so why be dumb enough to do something controversial? :o

private people and organizations can bash as they please, goverments and public organizations on taxpayers' money must not. and even private entities should be restrained in their actions against individuals expressing their oppinions in a private setting.

Snoo Foo
02-09-2009, 03:26 AM
people shouldn't use racial slurs at the office.

~*BGT*~
02-09-2009, 03:28 AM

private people and organizations can bash as they please, goverments and public organizations on taxpayers' money must not. and even private entities should be restrained in their actions against individuals expressing their oppinions in a private setting.

With all due respect, that's reality. A lot of stuff that's said and done behind closed doors eventually comes out in the open.

Tankman
02-09-2009, 11:26 AM

your point?

You DO realize that she is a celebrity and public figure and basically nothing she does/says is private? :confused: For goodness' sakes, Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian made "private" sex tapes with their boyfriends, "private" nude pics of Vanessa Hudgens were released by the person to whom they were gifted, and some people snapped shots of Rafa changing his swim trunks on a boat. For these people, there is no privacy so why be dumb enough to do something controversial? :o

well for the first two, I think they are absolute numbskulls and idiots for even making such material in the first place :retard:

as for Rafa, now THAT is beyond the limit. But I'm just saying that the limit for celebs is a little further than that for normal people.

your point?

people shouldn't use racial slurs at the office.

well yeah :p

With all due respect, that's reality. A lot of stuff that's said and done behind closed doors eventually comes out in the open.

yeah

JolánGagó
02-09-2009, 12:25 PM
your point?

Learn to read, Im not here to provide you with entertainment.

Tankman
02-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Learn to read, Im not here to provide you with entertainment.

Learn to explain your points succinctly, I'm not here to provide you my 100% attention. I've got better things to do.

JolánGagó
02-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Learn to explain your points succinctly, I'm not here to provide you my 100% attention. I've got better things to do.

Yes I can see that.

I wonder if you know the meaning of "succinctly" at all, beyond the dictionary entry.

Tankman
02-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Yes I can see that.

I wonder if you know the meaning of "succinctly" at all, beyond the dictionary entry.

again with the nitpicking :ras:

:lol: I'm stuck at home. What else can I do :p I promise I won't be such a smartass prick once RL comes back :help:

succinct = concise and precise, no? :p

even if you are succinct, I cbb going back and reading your posts again. you're not that important :p

also like I said to Saumon, you must be an old and cynical guy based on your posting :p

buddyholly
02-09-2009, 02:02 PM
some people snapped shots of Rafa changing his swim trunks on a boat. For these people, there is no privacy so why be dumb enough to do something controversial? :o

Nonsense. That boat had a cabin, all Rafa had to do was step inside. He's just an exhibitionist then, or dumb. If you could have taken your eyes off his ass for a moment you would see that he is looking back over his shoulder at the photographer.

~*BGT*~
02-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Nonsense. That boat had a cabin, all Rafa had to do was step inside. He's just an exhibitionist then, or dumb. If you could have taken your eyes off his ass for a moment you would see that he is looking back over his shoulder at the photographer.

Rafa's butt is not attractive to me. :ras: Yeah, I saw that he was looking over his shoulder. Maybe he should have done that before revealing his butt. :shrug: Or gone to the bathroom. :rolleyes:

Tankman
02-09-2009, 02:13 PM

Well from the pics I saw, he was inside.

Unfortunately inside a glass shell.... his ass was pressed up against the glass :o :help:

the graduate
02-16-2009, 01:51 AM
apparently she was dissing Tsonga,what a sour puss...whats wrong with this f...ing b...h does she have a man or woman shhish

buddyholly
03-12-2009, 03:03 AM
Bottom line on this thread: Tsonga does indeed resemble a Robertson's golliwog.

JolánGagó
03-12-2009, 07:19 AM
I think it's Monfils who does.

buddyholly
03-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Tsonga has a rounder, jollier face, but Monfils has the hair. A composite would be perfect.

Any white kid finding Monfils in the jam jar would cry.

JolánGagó
03-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Any white kid finding Monfils in the jam jar would cry.

:haha: so true.

buddyholly
03-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Even if they called it a Gaeliwog, it would still scare the little ones.

SushiMinimal
09-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Even if they called it a Gaeliwog, it would still scare the little ones.

rofl