Verdasco and Nalbandian enter top 10, Tsonga and Blake exit. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Verdasco and Nalbandian enter top 10, Tsonga and Blake exit.

FlameOn
02-03-2009, 05:00 AM
Congrats to Verdasco for reaching a career-high after an amazing run at the Australian Open :worship:. Nalbandian of course won an earlier tournament, but I'm surprised his poor showing the Australian Open still allowed him to knock out Blake who managed two rounds better.

One question though: Why has Tsonga fallen so far? Obviously he didn't successfully defend his runner-up position at the Australian Open but dropping 7 places seems like a pretty steep drop nonetheless.

finishingmove
02-03-2009, 05:04 AM
i hope verdasco can continue with the good showing.

nalbandian is the real number 1 anyway.

GlennMirnyi
02-03-2009, 05:12 AM
Verdasco in the top 10... :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's next? Gulbis in the top 10?

FedFan_2007
02-03-2009, 05:14 AM
I knew Tsonga was a flash in the pan. Verdasco is the real deal, another Spanish bull.

delpiero7
02-03-2009, 06:08 AM
What's next? Gulbis in the top 10?

Highly unlikely IMO, seeing as he has the mental strength of a flea on acid.

Venle
02-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Verdasco :yeah:

kyleskywalker007
02-03-2009, 06:36 AM
The Aussie open has this way of creating fluke top tenners year after year. Why do we act as if we were surprised? Didn't it happen with Baghdatis and Gonzalez before? And Also with Schuettler?

FlameOn
02-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Fingers crossed that Verdasco's Australian Open form is not just a flash in the pan. :) Since Davis Cup last year he seems to be completely reborn.

Nathaliia
02-03-2009, 07:09 AM
racist new top ten :silly: they kicked the black out

i knew the new ATP chief won't bring anything good

Mohammad
02-03-2009, 07:42 AM
A deserved spot for Nando!

CescAndyKimi
02-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Good one from Nando, too bad he'll drop out by May, when the dust settles and the real top 10 hit their stride.

simplet
02-03-2009, 09:06 AM
I knew Tsonga was a flash in the pan. Verdasco is the real deal, another Spanish bull.

I hope you're not serious. If you are, you'll look like a fool when Tsonga get his old ranking back, in the US open at the very latest. He has no point to defend for his standards until the US, and that was only a 3rd round... He's one of the only guy that can get points from playing MM tournament now, that should tell you something.

edit : now that I think about it, when do you not look like a fool?

Aci vs Aci
02-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Yeah!Great!

Purple Rainbow
02-03-2009, 09:19 AM
One question though: Why has Tsonga fallen so far? Obviously he didn't successfully defend his runner-up position at the Australian Open

What's the point of asking a question when you already know the answer?
I know, there is no point!

HattonWBA
02-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Well done Fernanod, justified rewards for beating the aussie open favorite murray, last years runner up tsonga and taking teh ventual champ to a 5 hour classic, nobody can say this is not deserved, i think Blake might struggle to get back in the top 10, jo should be fine tho

FlameOn
02-03-2009, 09:52 AM
What's the point of asking a question when you already know the answer?
I know, there is no point!
He was only two rounds lower than the final. It seemed like a steep drop that's all, especially considering Djokovic made an earlier exit than winning the thing and his #3 remains. No need to be such a jerk.

Serenidad
02-03-2009, 10:14 AM
The Aussie open has this way of creating fluke top tenners year after year. Why do we act as if we were surprised? Didn't it happen with Baghdatis and Gonzalez before? And Also with Schuettler?

Baghdatis backed it up with a SF @ Wimbledon and other good results. :rolleyes: Injuries, fitness, and lack of dedication is Marcos' problem.

First serve % too. :rolls:

groundstroke
02-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Blake out of the top ten? Thank God.

martine2
02-03-2009, 11:03 AM

:retard: If he stays healthy, he'll be top 10 again in no time.

Congrats to Verdasco! Hope he can keep up the form :yeah:

Ouragan
02-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Congrats to Verdasco for reaching a career-high after an amazing run at the Australian Open :worship:. Nalbandian of course won an earlier tournament, but I'm surprised his poor showing the Australian Open still allowed him to knock out Blake who managed two rounds better.

One question though: Why has Tsonga fallen so far? Obviously he didn't successfully defend his runner-up position at the Australian Open but dropping 7 places seems like a pretty steep drop nonetheless.

Well he fell far because all the guys between 9 and 15 were blowing down his neck, it's very competetive up there so no surprise.

On the bright side, it should be easy for him to regain those points. Providing he stays ingury free, he should be back in no time. Let's not forget he barely scored any points last year between April and September.

I'd say if one surprise AO runner-up was certainly not a flash in the pan, it'd be JWT. He does have an AMS under the belt already.

Caio_Brasil
02-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Deserved spor for Verdasco :yeah: