2009 Chameleon Hardcourt Season Thread [Part I] [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2009 Chameleon Hardcourt Season Thread [Part I]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

WarriorA
02-03-2009, 03:44 AM
Welcome to the official parking space for hardcourt tournament commentary (and livescoring too!) for Rotterdam, Marseille, Dubai, Indian Wells, and Miami.

*at present, there doesn't appear to be a good summary title for this awkard time in the calendar. For right now, it's going to be a "chameleon" thread and I'll change the name for each tournament in the series of 5. If we haven't come up with something by the end, I'll wrap it up with 2009 Hardcourt Season Thread [Part 1] (or something similar) for archival purposes.

ABN AMRO WORLD TENNIS TOURNAMENT
Rotterdam Main Draw:

Rafael Nadal [ESP/1] vs. Simone Bolelli
Grigor Dimitrov [BUL] vs. Tomas Berdych [CZE]
[I]Qualifier vs. Dimitry Tursunov [RUS]
Jesse Huta Galung [NED/WC] vs. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga [FRA/7]

Nikolay Davydenko [RUS/3] vs. Igor Andreev [RUS]
Julien Benneteau [FRA] vs. Feliciano Lopez [ESP]
Ivo Karlovic [CRO] vs. Michael Llodra [FRA]
Qualifier vs. Gael Monfils [FRA/5]

Ferrer, David [ESP/6] vs. Jurgen Melzer [AUT]
Qualifier vs. Mikhail Youzhny [RUS]
Rainer Schuettler [GER] vs. Mario Ancic [CRO]
Philipp Kohlschreiber [GER] vs. Gilles Simon [FRA/4]

Robin Soderling [SWE/8] vs. Qualifier
Richard Gasquet [FRA] vs. Paul-Henri Mathieu [FRA]
Thiemo De Bakker [NED/WC] vs. Andreas Seppi [ITA]
Ivan Ljubicic [CRO] vs. Andy Murray [GBR/2]

Qualifying Draw:
Marc Gicquel [FRA/1] vs. Matwe Middelkoop [NED/WC]
Laurent Recouderc [FRA] vs. Olivier Rochus [BEL/5]

Teimuraz Gabashvili [RUS/2] vs. Santiago Giraldo [COL]
Stephane Bohli [SUI] vs. Benjamin Becker [GER/7]

Arnaud Clement [FRA/3] vs. Danai Udomchoke [THA]
Josselin Ouanna [FRA] vs. Mathieu Montcourt [FRA/8]

Sergiy Stakhovsky [UKR/4] vs. Justin Eleveld [NED/WC]
Ignacio Coll-Riudavets [ESP/WC] vs. Evgeny Korolev [RUS/6]

Let’s see how well I do with taking the month of February off… Allez Gillou!!!! :yeah:

Månu
02-03-2009, 10:27 AM
He will probably be seeded 4

turtle-rn
02-03-2009, 01:20 PM
It may be better to remove "indoor" from the title and add Dubai, Indian Wells & Miami so we won't be cluttering up the forum with a new thread every two weeks. :)

turtle-rn
02-03-2009, 02:18 PM
It makes sense to group those five tourneys together since they're following each other and belong to the same part of the season (even though we can't define it). As for the US/Asian hardcourt tourneys after the clay and grass season, I guess it will make sense to start a new thread by then, for it will be "another" Gillou in another situation (ranking & form wise).

Brownie
02-03-2009, 03:11 PM
You're really struggling with this, huh?:hug::lol:

Early 2009 hardcourt season?

Brownie
02-03-2009, 03:54 PM
"The 2009 Rotterdam, Marseille, Dubai, Indian Wells, and Miami Thread"

It looks like a great lineup!:) I wonder if Kolya will still be out with his ankle(?) injury?

J'adore.Gilles
02-06-2009, 08:06 AM
where is gilles playing first and when?

Eimear O'Mahony
02-06-2009, 08:36 AM
The draw is being made today isn't it? Does anyone know if we're going to be able to get live streaming of it?

Truc
02-06-2009, 08:14 PM
His draw:
[1] Rafael Nadal (ESP) - Simone Bolelli (ITA)
[WC] Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) - Tomas Berdych (CZE)
Qualifier - Dmitry Tursunov (RUS)
[WC] Jesse Huta Galung (NED) - [7] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)

[3] Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) - Igor Andreev (RUS)
Julien Benneteau (FRA) - Feliciano Lopez (ESP)
Ivo Karlovic (CRO) - Michael Llodra (FRA)
Qualifier - [5] Gael Monfils (FRA)

[6] David Ferrer (ESP) - Jurgen Melzer (AUT)
Qualifier - Mikhail Youzhny (RUS)
Rainer Schuettler (GER) - Mario Ancic (CRO)
Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER) - [4] Gilles Simon (FRA)

[8] Robin Soderling (SWE) - Qualifier
Richard Gasquet (FRA) - Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA)
[WC] Thiemo de Bakker (NED) - Andreas Seppi (ITA)
Ivan Ljubicic (CRO) - [2] Andy Murray (GBR)

Truc
02-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Their h2h:
2007 Rotterdam Hard (I) P.KOHLSCHREIBER 3-6 1-3 RET
2007 Dubai Hard (O) G.SIMON 6-4 6-4

soulage
02-06-2009, 08:22 PM
The second half is more weak. A semi with Muzza would be nice :)

turtle-rn
02-06-2009, 09:24 PM
That's a rather good draw for him (even though pics is getting back on form). Let's hope he will make the best of it.

Brownie
02-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Not too bad of a draw

gaaaahhhhh, possible 2nd round against Mario...not agaiiiiiin:sobbing:

J'adore.Gilles
02-07-2009, 03:55 AM
lol what if he loses to philip!

xhr75019
02-07-2009, 06:03 AM
What happened in 2007 Rotterdam? Did Gilles retire on injury?
I wonder if Gilles or Tutu will give a call to Santoro to get a few pointers on Kohli's present state of form and game.

MsTree
02-07-2009, 07:24 AM
I love having a fresh draw to drool over!
The snow is so bad here I've been stuck at home for two days, there hasn't even been a snowplough past! So with any luck we'll have another foot of snow and I'll be able stay at home and watch! :)

Truc
02-07-2009, 07:40 AM
He had a problem with his leg in Rotterdam in 2007. I've wondered about this withdrawal just a few days after Marseille, but somebody who was attending the match told me that his team actually wanted him to retire earlier in the match. But he was stubborn and kept on playing.
As for the Dubai match a few days later, I saw it and Kohli was quite terrible, Gilles didn't need to do much.

but-it's-ok
02-07-2009, 09:17 AM
I'll just say Allez Gillou:rocker:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Sounds like a good draw for Gilles all round. I'm looking forward to the tournament. Let's hope he does well

Truc
02-07-2009, 07:02 PM
He plays in doubles too:
[1] Daniel Nestor/Nenad Zimonjic - Gilles Simon/Dmitry Tursunov

Eimear O'Mahony
02-07-2009, 07:08 PM
He's playing with Tursonov??? That's a strange pairing. Thought he might have played with Chardy or Monfils or even Tsonga. Still, good luck to him and I'm glad he's giving the doubles a go. It'll be a tough one though!

Truc
02-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Jérémy isn't playing Rotterdam, his ranking isn't good enough.
Gilles used to play with the entire ATP tour in doubles when I started following him (Gabashvili, Allegro, Montanes, Hrbaty, Russel, Navarro, Zverev...), the continuous teaming up with other Frenchies like Jo, Gaël, Jim etc. is quite new.
Some Frenchies really seem to play (and even practice) only with other Frenchies, but not Gilles.

but-it's-ok
02-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Gilles and Dima pairing should be interesting,I wouldn't mind seeing them playing together:drool: I've watched Dima play doubles a lot,he won't change anything,I know Gilles will experiment at least. Such a shame they've drawn Nestor and Zimonjic,but its all experience. Best of luck guys,try and enjoy it,have fun,make it last;)

Dima actually won the doubles in Rotterdam last year with Berdych(I thought that was an unlikely pairing too but somehow they gelled the whole week. I remember that because it was when I first started posting here on MTF(having lurked for 3 months):lol:

anaquot
02-07-2009, 09:29 PM
He plays in doubles too:
[1] Daniel Nestor/Nenad Zimonjic - Gilles Simon/Dmitry Tursunov

Is it odd that the first thing this makes me think is "Where's Ted?"

Eimear O'Mahony
02-07-2009, 09:34 PM
I didn't realise that Fran. Something new for me to add to my information about Gilles. I'm only a new Simontard so I'm learning all the time. Thanks for that :)

J'adore.Gilles
02-08-2009, 04:21 AM
his doubles draw sux!

MsTree
02-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Is it odd that the first thing this makes me think is "Where's Ted?"
I think he's been put off by all the "exciting" talk from the Aussie Open. :eek: :devil:
I know this doesn't count for much but Radio Scotland said Andy's match will be on Tuesday night and Gilles is in the same half of the draw so I'm assuming his will be on Tuesday too :)

Truc
02-08-2009, 09:17 AM
That's only for Slams, they don't schedule one half of the draw on one day and the other half the next day in smaller events. But since Gilles will arrive in Rotterdam today only, I don't think he will play tomorrow already.

(As for Ted, he had stopped posting here before the AO already, don't worry about having possibly chased him away with the talk in the pics thread.)

Truc
02-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Oh you were right, Eimear, it is surprising, he's been playing only with Frenchies lately. It just reminded me of the odd pairings (which I liked), that's why I said that.

I hadn't realized Dima is so good in doubles, Di, I just looked up his record in doubles, semi-final at the French Open too! He and Gilles are clearly not in the same league then.
Since I don't follow the doubles tour, I only see him play doubles in Davis Cup and they sometimes look a bit "awkward", but his results on the tour are more than decent.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-08-2009, 09:50 AM
It'll be good for Gilles to play more doubles. Hopefully it'll help his net game in the singles and the more doubles he plays the better he'll get. Has anyone heard anything about live streaming? I've been googling it trying to find it. If he's only going to Rotterdam today I doubt he'll be playing tomorrow. It'll be good to see Gilles back in action. I'm looking forward to it

anaquot
02-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Ted has a lot to do with IQT, too. Maybe tennis channel with show some of the doubles, although I've taken a real liking to the commentary free livestreaming :)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-08-2009, 06:48 PM
If you find a live streaming anaquot will you let me know?

MsTree
02-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Bookmark these links Eimear, they get updated all the time
http://www.atdhe.net/
http://www.channelsurfing.net/
http://www.myp2p.eu/
I imagine you might even find some good footie streams in there too... :)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks a mill Lesley I will do. Appreciate it

Eimear O'Mahony
02-09-2009, 12:47 PM
They seem to be showing mostly the Brazil Open on the links above from Lesley. myp2p.eu isn't showing Rotterdam until Thursday so we'll miss Gilles' first round match tomorrow unless anyone has any alternative links but I was on a chat room and they said they didn't think Rotterdam was available on free live-streaming

but-it's-ok
02-09-2009, 01:23 PM
The Rotterdam website is offering 2 live matches per day,but it looks like its not available to people outside the Netherlands:(

Its on Sky TV on Thursday too. Why do we have to wait until Thursday?:awww:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-09-2009, 01:40 PM
I know!!! Its not fair! I feel like throwing a teenage tantrum and stamping my feet or something!!! I didn't know Sky were showing it though Di. At least we can watch it from Thursday on and hopefully Gilles will still be in it by then!

but-it's-ok
02-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Sky broadcasting times for Rotterdam: Thursday SS1 10.00am - 4.00 pm SS2 continued coverage 6.30pm - 10.30 pm.
Friday SS2 11.30am - 3.30pm SS3 continued coverage 6.30 pm - 10.30 pm.

Great coverage for once;) Allez Gilles:rocker2:

Must go,I'm at work. Later:wavey:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Have fun in work Di! Yeah they're showing great coverage. Fingers crossed Gilles and Andy will still be involved by then, which I'm sure they will be!

MsTree
02-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Thats a pain that atdhe don't have it, I like their streams!
Reading the thread on GM, someone suggested
http://www.abnamrowtt.nl/cctv/
which is the link on the tourney website, I'm watching Andreev v Davydenko just now - no sound tho!

xhr75019
02-09-2009, 06:18 PM
There is sound but it's very weak

MsTree
02-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Gosh you're right!!!! I had to plug my laptop into my stereo and turn the volume right up to hear it!
Oh well, we have one working stream with quiet sound - better than nothing! :)

but-it's-ok
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Thats a pain that atdhe don't have it, I like their streams!
Reading the thread on GM, someone suggested
http://www.abnamrowtt.nl/cctv/
which is the link on the tourney website, I'm watching Andreev v Davydenko just now - no sound tho!

Yeah Les that was the one I saw in GM. Pity the sound couldn't have been a bit louder,I could learn some Dutch:p

MsTree
02-09-2009, 07:22 PM
It really is exceptionally quiet isn't it? :eek:
And it's completely stopped working for me now... :sad:

but-it's-ok
02-09-2009, 07:25 PM
It has for me, I only just sat watching it for a little while cos I haven't had much time to try it out today:sad: Roll on Thursday:rocker:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I hope the offical tournament site shows the Gilles match tomorrow (even the Murray match would do) and if it does lets just hope it works cause it didn't work for me any time I tried it today. Has anyone got to OOP for tomorrow as a matter of interest?

MsTree
02-09-2009, 07:54 PM
I managed to watch the whole Andreev-Davydenko match and then I noticed the highlights from last year and couldn't resist some Gillou... and I haven't been able to get back to the live stream again. Oh well!
Tomorrow's OOP isn't out yet as far as I can tell, shouldn't be long though :)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Maybe it only works for the couple of matches they're showing. There's a match on atm between Seppi and de Bakker but it won't connect to the match. It says the media is ready to play and when I press on play nothing happens. Ah well we'll see. If we have to wait until Thursday hopefully Gillou will make it worth the wait!

Truc
02-09-2009, 08:05 PM
It is on the Dutch page already, he doesn't play tomorrow (only in doubles).

rtgy
02-09-2009, 08:20 PM
It is on the Dutch page already, he doesn't play tomorrow (only in doubles).

yep, that's it...........
http://www.abnamrowtt.nl/content.cfm?pers_id=52&cat=2&lang=

Wedstrijden middagsessie
Centre Court
11.00 uur Dimitrov (BUL) – Berdych (CZE)
Gevolgd door Ferrer (ESP) – Melzer (AUT)
Gevolgd door Bohli (SUI) – Monfils (FRA)
Gevolgd door
Nestor (CAN)/Zimonjic (SRB) – Simon (FRA)/Tursunov (RUS)

Court 1
12.00 uur
Kas (GER)/Kohlschreiber (GER) – Dlouhy (CZE)/Paes (IND)
Gevolgd door
Murray (GBR)/Vemic SRB) – Andreev (RUS)/ Matkowski (POL)
Gevolgd door
Coetzee/Moodie (RSA) – Schuettler (GER)/ Wassen (NED)
Gevolgd door
Damm (CZE)/Lindstedt (SWE) – Bolelli/Seppi (ITA)

Wedstrijden avondsessie
Centre Court
19.30 uur Ljubicic (CRO) – Murray (GBR)
Gevolgd door Gasquet (FRA) – Mathieu (FRA)

ALLEZ GILLOU !!! :rocker:

MsTree
02-09-2009, 08:22 PM
I still have Mondays OOP too but the quiet stream is working again :lol:

but-it's-ok
02-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Two of my faves pairing up and no coverage:awww:

Allez Gillou:rocker2:/Davai Dima;)

Tutu
02-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Simon/Tursunov :eek: He keeps on playing with my faves! :eek:

J'adore.Gilles
02-10-2009, 08:09 AM
omg when is gillou playing?
everyday i get back and check the net and it keeps saying he hasnt played yet!!! :(

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 09:10 AM
He's playing today in the doubles J'adore Gilles. He won't be playing singles until tomorrow

Kezzi
02-10-2009, 09:43 AM
There's centre court tv on the official website of the tournament.
For me it doesn't work, but I think that's just my laptop as seems to be dying slowly :(
You could try, just click livescores on the homepage and wait for the media player to connect. On my laptop it keeps connecting forever :p
And I'm going tomorrow, so hopefully I'll see Gillou :D
Didn't see him last weekend unfortunately.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Aw you lucky thing Kezzi. I hope you get to meet him. Let us know if you do and hopefully you'll get some pics to share with us! You're not alone in the CCTV not working ... it didn't work for me all day yesterday either

Brownie
02-10-2009, 12:52 PM
And I'm going tomorrow, so hopefully I'll see Gillou :D

How exciting!! Looks like he should be playing tomorrow...have a great time:D

I think they are only showing a couple of matches each day on their website, which is a shame:p

xhr75019
02-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Gaël's match finished early, the other guy retired on injury. There is a chance they'll show Gilles double here http://www.ahoyweb.nl/wtt/ahoy.asx

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks for that Xavier!!! Btw does anyone know how to post attachments in a PM? I'm trying to attach a couple of Gillou pictures into a pm but it doesn't seem to want me to do that

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 03:29 PM
I've been trying that link and it won't play. Its just a blank screen. Grrr!!!

xhr75019
02-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Yeah they stopped the broadcasting:(. But keep the link they will pbbly show Ljubicic-Murray tonight and maybe after that Richie-PHM

but-it's-ok
02-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Kezzi have lots of fun tomorrow:hug: Hope you get to meet Gilles and some nice pics of him;)

Eimear,I wouldn't have a clue how to attach something in a PM sorry,I've been posting here long enough:o I wish I knew how to post a pic without posting it as an attachment,I'm totally clueless:( I've worked out how to post links and attach photos and thats it:o

Xavier,thanks. They just stopped the broadcast:awww:

Yay.Gilles and Dima broke back:dance: Neither team are serving well tho.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I just posted it in the pictures thread in the end. It was the handies thing to do. Are you watching the match then Di? I'll keep that link open in the hope they'll show the Murray match a bit later on

but-it's-ok
02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
No Eimear,I'm just following the ATP scoreboard, and clicking on it to see the match stats. Both teams have serving percentages in the 40s,which surprises me. But now its 4-4. Quick service game for Nestor/Zimonjic combo for 5-4.

I really wish I was watching it,I'd love to see Gilles and Dima in combo.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah I'm keeping an eye on the scoreboard too. Yeah I'd love to see it in action. Hopefully there might be a few pictures up later. I quite like Tursonov. I love reading his blog on the ATP website. It makes me laugh out loud every time I read it!

but-it's-ok
02-10-2009, 04:07 PM
I do too,I haven't read a new blog of his for ages. He's a funny guy,but so serious on court. Gilles is a more balanced personality. I'm wondering how much communication there is between the two of them out there. I met Dima he's a really nice guy,met Gilles too,he's lovely but a bit shy:awww:

Gilles has to serve to take the set into a tie-break.

Tie-break it is.

but-it's-ok
02-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Set goes to Nestor and Zimonjic 7-2. A few aces began to flow there from both teams,but Gilles also delivered a double fault:awww: Still,this is a very respectable showing so far;)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 04:22 PM
That's a shame they lost the first set. Still they did well considering they're playing the best doubles team in the world bar the Bryan bros. I didn't realise you'd met Gilles Di. That's cool! I'm not surprised to hear he's a bit shy. He comes across as shy when he's doing on-court interviews and stuff. You've met Tursonov too? Nice one! Yeah its amazing how quiet he is on court and how funny he comes across off-court. Its like two totally different people. Come on lads lets take it into a Champions Tie-Break! You can take the 2nd set

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Thought I'd let yous know tomorrows OOP is out and Gilles is first up on centre court against Kolschreiber

but-it's-ok
02-10-2009, 04:32 PM
I've met a lot of players at my nearest tournament Nottingham. This year its going to be a Challenger,played on grass,taking place the 2nd week of French Open. So I'll hopefully be going there and to Eastbourne which is replacing Nottingham Open,the week before Wimbledon. I want to go to my first tournament overseas this year,depends on my studies,work etc.

Yay Gilles just held serve with an ace:dance:

but-it's-ok
02-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Gilles is up 1st tomorrow - I'm at work,I have to do extra hours tomorrow:sad:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I'd love to go to some tennis tournaments. I'd love to go to a couple of the English ones such as Eastbourne or Queens and definitely Wimbledon. If I knew which one Gilles was playing at and I had someone willing to go or meet up with me I'd seriously consider going this Summer. We'll see. That's a shame you're working tomorrow morning. Still, it probably won't be on any live-streaming if that's any consolation. Well done Gilles! Keep it up!

but-it's-ok
02-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I'll probably sneak a look at the score every so often;)

I'd be willing to meet up with you at a tournament Eimear;)

Allez Gilles. Gillou saves 1st break point with an ace. Broken:awww:

but-it's-ok
02-10-2009, 04:47 PM
The match is over. No shame in the score,a very good effort:yeah: Hard luck guys:hug:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Aw that's a shame. But still, definitely no shame in that. Lets hope he has better luck in the singles. Bring on the pictures! All I wanna know is if he was clean-shaven or doing his wolverine impression :lol: Are you serious Di? I'd be seriously willing to consider it if I had someone to go with because none of my other mates are interested in tennis so they'd have no interest in going over to UK. I'd love to see a tennis tournament live

rtgy
02-10-2009, 05:04 PM
yes unfortunately Gillou will play first tomorrow against Kohli:
http://www.abnamrowtt.nl/content.cfm?pers_id=65&cat=2&lang=

Middagsessies

Centre court
11.00 uur Kohlschreiber (GER) – Simon (FRA)
Gevolgd door Ferrer (ESP) – Youzhny (RUS)
Gevolgd door Huta Galung (NED) – Tsonga (FRA)

Court 1
11.00 uur Schuettler (GER) – Ancic (CRO)
Gevolgd door Karlovic (CRO) – Llodra (FRA)
Gevolgd door Gicquel (FRA) – Korolev (RUS)

Avondsessies

Centre court
19.30 uur Nadal (ESP) – Bolelli (ITA)
Gevolgd door Davydenko (RUS) – Benneteau (FRA)

ALLEZ GILLOU !!! :rocker2:

but-it's-ok
02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Yavor,can you do me a big favour then? Can you cheer him for me please? I love your multi coloured cheering posts;):hug:

Eimear,its a shame you don't have friends back home who are interested enough in tennis to go with you:awww:. I am always willing to share my passion for tennis to make new friends:hug:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 05:47 PM
We should definitely keep it in mind for the summer Di. I'll cheer on Gilles for you too. I'm happy now I'm watching Andy Murray's match. I'll be even happier if Gilles' match is one of the matches shown on centre court tv tomorrow

MsTree
02-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Have you got sound on that stream Eimear?

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 05:55 PM
No I don't Lesley. Even if I turn my computer on full volume absolutely no sound whatsoever. Still I'm getting to see the match so we should be thankful for small mercies eh? :)

MsTree
02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Oooh sound has suddenly appeared :)
What a mad stream! :lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Well the little bit there is Les. I've got my volume up full and can barely hear it :)

rtgy
02-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Yavor,can you do me a big favour then? Can you cheer him for me please? I love your multi coloured cheering posts;):hug:

ha ha.......thanx, of course! I'm in!!! ;)

:yeah:

Brownie
02-10-2009, 06:19 PM
So livestream is truly working for you guys? It worked for me earlier, but I can't seem to connect right now:o

Hurray for Yavor's multicolored cheering posts:yippee:

MsTree
02-10-2009, 06:22 PM
It was buffering a fair bit to start with Lauren, I just hit f5 to refresh the page and it started working OK..

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Yeah I had a bit of trouble in the beginning too Lauren but its going okay for me now

Brownie
02-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Alrighty, I'll keep trying:p Bummer that Gilles lost doubles...looks like a good effort though.

xhr75019
02-10-2009, 06:26 PM
How about this Brownie? http://www.ahoyweb.nl/wtt/ahoy.asx wait a good 1 or 2 minutes though

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Yeah it was a respectable scoreline that's for sure. Well done to him and Dmitry

Brownie
02-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks Xavier:) It's finally working:yeah:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Well done Andy. A good match all round. Let's hope we get more of the same from Gillou tomorrow!

Scotso
02-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Time for some revenge for WWII, Gillesex! :fiery:

Open up a can of whoopass on him. :rocker2:

Kezzi
02-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I will go cheer for him with my beautiful French flag :p
Gilles autograph on that makes it so nice, I had to make an effort to get that :lol: The other ones were easy.
The ones I still have to collect are Grosjean, Mika, Recouderc and Thierry Tulasne...last 3 are my goals for tomorrow ;)
Hopefully my pictures will turn out well, taking them indoors is horrible on court 1, so I don't want to know about centre court :p Let's hope my 15x optical zoom wants to work with me ;)

edit: I just read back the posts from this afternoon. Thanks everyone for wishing me a good time and of course I'll let you know if I meet Gilles and try to take some decent pics :hug:

rtgy
02-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Hurray for Yavor's multicolored cheering posts:yippee:

:lol:

thanx :hug:

Månu
02-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Time for some revenge for WWII, Gillesex! :fiery:

Open up a can of whoopass on him. :rocker2:

You know that noone really talks about revenge against Germans nowadays? Germany is the most stable French ally since the 60s, lately helping against US foreign policy (Irak for expample).

The only revenge one could take over the Germans is the 1982 World Cup semi finale when the French were robbed and Battiston was almost killed by the German butcher goalkeeper, Schumacher!

Scotso
02-11-2009, 08:17 AM
You know that noone really talks about revenge against Germans nowadays? Germany is the most stable French ally since the 60s, lately helping against US foreign policy (Irak for expample).

The only revenge one could take over the Germans is the 1982 World Cup semi finale when the French were robbed and Battiston was almost killed by the German butcher goalkeeper, Schumacher!

I was being sarcastic.

Månu
02-11-2009, 08:19 AM
I was being sarcastic.

I guessed so, but still I think it's not really appropriate ;)

Anyway, I hope I can find a stream that works, any idea because atdhe.net and channelsurfing are not working.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-11-2009, 08:45 AM
I don't know Manu. Xavier posted a link a few posts above (http://www.ahoyweb.nl/wtt/ahoy.asx) which works from time to time plus the official website of the tournament shows a couple of matches a day so it depends on whether they're showing the Gilles match. I hope so

Eimear O'Mahony
02-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Don't think they're showing the Gilles match :( We'll just have to follow the live-scoring I think

Månu
02-11-2009, 09:06 AM
I couldn't find anything... livescoring it shall be

rtgy
02-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Don't think they're showing the Gilles match :( We'll just have to follow the live-scoring I think

no they don't :mad: Gosh I'm furious :mad:

no livestream :sad:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-11-2009, 09:11 AM
I know Yavor. I'm like a dog over it myself! I got up a bit earlier than normal especially to watch the match! Ah well, we'll follow it on live scoring I guess and then hopefully there'll be some pics after the match to cheer us up. Better than nothing right :) Allez Gilles!!!

Truc
02-11-2009, 09:12 AM
It's all the same one livestream, you get this URL with a right click on the screen on the tournament website.The only revenge one could take over the Germans is the 1982 World Cup semi finale when the French were robbed and Battiston was almost killed by the German butcher goalkeeper, Schumacher!:lol: Not over it yet?!
I was pretty young, but I mean there were still doubtful comments and some resentment at the time of the Schumacher-Battiston story, btw. Any reference to WWII would be indeed totally shocking and inappropriate now.

GM was completely underrating Gilles last year during Rotterdam when only 5 people were giving him a chance to beat Tipsy, but it's the opposite now, 8 votes only for Kohli is ridiculous imo.

rtgy
02-11-2009, 09:15 AM
I knew it..........the same yesterday with Grisha's match against Berdych :o
how is possible Gillou playing so early in the day :confused:

rtgy
02-11-2009, 09:19 AM
I know Yavor. I'm like a dog over it myself! I got up a bit earlier than normal especially to watch the match! Ah well, we'll follow it on live scoring I guess and then hopefully there'll be some pics after the match to cheer us up. Better than nothing right :) Allez Gilles!!!

yeah I know.....same here :sad:

GM was completely underrating Gilles last year during Rotterdam when only 5 people were giving him a chance to beat Tipsy, but it's the opposite now, 8 votes only for Kohli is ridiculous imo.

yes truly ridiculous imo :shrug:

Brownie
02-11-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm going back to sleep due to the lack of a livestream but wanted to throw out an ALLEZ GILLOU!!!!:)

rtgy
02-11-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm going back to sleep due to the lack of a livestream but wanted to throw out an ALLEZ GILLOU!!!!:)

ALLEZ GILLOU !!! :rocker2:

rtgy
02-11-2009, 09:27 AM
OMG BP to Gillou................... lost

port37
02-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Allez Gilles!!!

Kick his ass! Get the break!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Kohlschreiber held ... that's a shame. You've got to take your chances in these matches. Hopefully there'll be many more

rtgy
02-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Kick his ass! Get the break!

no 2-2 :rolleyes:

rtgy
02-11-2009, 09:34 AM
ok comfortable lead 3-2, so far, so good :p

rtgy
02-11-2009, 09:39 AM
4-3............... :cool:

port37
02-11-2009, 09:39 AM
It feels a bit bizarre to be staring at numbers ticking over on a screen and pumping your fist and talking to the numbers...

rtgy
02-11-2009, 09:46 AM
5-4........ :)

rtgy
02-11-2009, 09:47 AM
It feels a bit bizarre to be staring at numbers ticking over on a screen and pumping your fist and talking to the numbers...

you've no idea..................... :o

Eimear O'Mahony
02-11-2009, 09:49 AM
What I think is even weirder is not only am I cheering at a bunch of numbers on the screen but I'm cheering in French :haha: I'm like "Allez Gilles" "Putain" "Merde!" "Allez!" etc etc etc

port37
02-11-2009, 09:52 AM
you've no idea..................... :o

I'm not too conscious of it at home but at work I just wait for someone to walk past me and think I'm crazy:)

rtgy
02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
OMG 2BP's for Kholi............:eek:

Jess22
02-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Hey everyone 2 breakpoints saved phewww

port37
02-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Phew! Break points saved! Now hold...

Eimear O'Mahony
02-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Good hold for Gilles coming from 15-40 down. Allez!!!

rtgy
02-11-2009, 09:57 AM
YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS he survived :worship::worship::worship::worship:

6-5.......still in the lead

ufffffffffffff that was close :rolleyes:

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:02 AM
OMG CHANCE FOR BREAK .....................ALLEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xhr75019
02-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Hehe... Well done Gilou !

port37
02-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Yay!!! Finally...that was an epic game

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:09 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
3 Bp's.................. :haha:

7-5 :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Yes!!! Well done Gilles!!! I've gotta go now but bonne chance for the 2nd set Gilles. You can do it!!! Enjoy watching the rest of the live scoring guys!

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Yay!!! Finally...that was an epic game

true!!!! what a fighter he is............ :worship:

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:16 AM
another lost BP............ :sad:

1-1

port37
02-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Noooo... Allez Gilles!

sammy01
02-11-2009, 10:21 AM
that 1st set was very tight and it looks like the second will be the same.

cmon simon!

sammy01
02-11-2009, 10:22 AM
he held for 2-1* now would be a great time to break

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:22 AM
ok 2-1 ;)

port37
02-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Some good stats - 7 aces (wow), 96% 1st serve points won and 100% break points saved :)

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:30 AM
3-2..............;)

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Some good stats - 7 aces (wow), 96% 1st serve points won and 100% break points saved :)

:worship:

port37
02-11-2009, 10:32 AM
break! break! break!

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:34 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BREAK 4-2 :worship: :worship: :worship:

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:35 AM
5-2 ................. WHAT A FIGHTER !!!!

port37
02-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Wowee! Break to love and then consolidated to love! Love is all around:)

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Wowee! Break to love and then consolidated to love! Love is all around:)

:lol: :smooch:

ok 5-3.............;)

serving for the match........................ ALLEZ GILLOU !!! :rocker:

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:41 AM
:eek: Kholi's BP :eek:

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:42 AM
oh no another one...............:eek:

:mad:

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:43 AM
broken...................:sad: :sad: :sad:

:eek:

Gillou........... what are you doing :confused:

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:51 AM
from 5-2 to 5-5

I can't believe it............ no words

:o

port37
02-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Bad Gilles..very bad :(

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:53 AM
6-5

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Bad Gilles..very bad :(

true

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:56 AM
ok TB time....

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:59 AM
3-0 :rocker2:

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:59 AM
4-0
5-0
6-0
6 MP's
6-1

7-1

sammy01
02-11-2009, 11:03 AM
phew, that was close. still if he wasn't playing well and battled it out thats good. 8 aces is a good stat.

well done giles, keep it up.

rtgy
02-11-2009, 11:04 AM
7-5 7-6/7-1/

Gillou win but I'm truly pissed.................... from 5-2 to 5-5 and then TB, ridiculous.....

port37
02-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Well done Gilles, finished off strong in the tiebreak.

Well this was fun for my first livescoring in a forum, it was good to share the moments with you :)

Truc
02-11-2009, 11:07 AM
He regrouped very well after that French moment in the middle of the 2nd set. :yeah:
He's got good stats, 8 aces, 91% 1st serve points won, looks like a good first match for him.

I hadn't even looked up the next opponent, Ancic again, argh. It should be tougher indoors than in Melbourne.

xhr75019
Bravo Gilles ! Not an easy match aparently and he pulled it through ! He is so consistent !
It's really nice to support a player on whom you can actually count (see what I mean?)

Månu
He has to work on his 2nd serve, the stats are awfull! But well done Gillou nice composure for the TB!

rtgy
02-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Gillou against Kholi:

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20090211/all/l3637634.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20090211/all/l3637633.jpg

port37
02-11-2009, 11:16 AM
He regrouped very well after that French moment in the middle of the 2nd set. :yeah:
He's got good stats, 8 aces, 91% 1st serve points won, looks like a good first match for him.

I hadn't even looked up the next opponent, Ancic again, argh. It should be tougher indoors than in Melbourne.

'French moment' hehe I like that. I agree indoors will be tougher if Ancic is serving well and coming to net a lot which I assume he will. But still very winnable if Gilles plays well and doesn't have too many 'French moments' :)

port37
02-11-2009, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=rtgy;8146004]Gillou against Kholi:

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20090211/all/l3637634.jpgQUOTE]

hahahahahahaha

the photographer did a good job capturing this moment beautifully :D

rtgy
02-11-2009, 11:34 AM
the photographer did a good job capturing this moment beautifully :D

Eimear O'Mahony
02-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Well done Gilles. Sounds like he had one of his infamous lapses in concentration in the second set but I'm glad he pulled it back and won in straight sets. Thanks for the pics too

Brownie
02-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Awesome, he won:yeah: (while driving everyone crazy at the end of the second, eh?:lol:)

rtgy
02-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Awesome, he won:yeah: (while driving everyone crazy at the end of the second, eh?:lol:)

what's true is true............

but-it's-ok
02-11-2009, 01:27 PM
He won,yay:banana: I see he did his usual wobble in a set then:lol: Wouldn't be Gilles without that would it?:lol: Some impressive match stats:yeah:

Good luck against Ancic. Allez Gillou:rocker2:

Thanks for the multi coloured posts and the pics Yavor:banana::smooch: Good job on the scoring everyone;),its a difficult to work with that scoreboard:lol:

Brownie
02-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the multi coloured posts and the pics Yavor:banana::smooch:

Oh, I forgot to comment on that! The color was beautiful.:hug: I noticed it changed w/ your mood...you went to black text when Gillou had his "frenchie moment" in the 2nd but then back to color in the tiebreaker;)

rtgy
02-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Oh, I forgot to comment on that! The color was beautiful.:hug: I noticed it changed w/ your mood...you went to black text when Gillou had his "frenchie moment" in the 2nd but then back to color in the tiebreaker;)

yes I did went to black and I'm still pissed

Thanks for the multi coloured posts and the pics Yavor:banana::smooch:

you're welcome ;)

rtgy
02-11-2009, 04:49 PM
article for Poussin at ABN AMRO site:
http://www.abnamrowtt.nl/content.cfm?pers_id=77&cat=2&lang=1

Being able to raise their game when they need to is what sets the top players apart from the rest. Gilles Simon did just that in his opening match against Philipp Kohlschreiber. The fourth seeded Frenchman had his back against the wall in the first set. At 5-5, he saved two break points and immediately took the next game. A couple of great shots won him the set. He had to pull out all the stops to shake off the German. An excellent tiebreak landed him the match. In one hour and 49 minutes, the French number one was through to the next round with a 7-5, 7-6 (1) victory. After the match, Simon discovered he would be up against the Croatian, Mario Ancic, next. Meanwhile, Kohlschreiber headed despondently for the dressing room, where he was consoled by fellow countryman. Rainer Schüttler had just lost to Ancic 7-5, 6-2 on court number one.

MsTree
02-11-2009, 05:47 PM
I had to follow the livescore at work, we were really busy today too! Oh well. Work gets in the way soooo much sometimes!!!!!
Allez Gillou! :)

anaquot
02-11-2009, 06:09 PM
yahdahtahdah!

:banana:

turtle-rn
02-11-2009, 08:08 PM
(...) but it's the opposite now, 8 votes only for Kohli is ridiculous imo.
Considering Kolschreiber's poor results since the French Interclubs, that sounds pretty fair to me (not that I think those voters knew of it nor that Kohli was really motivated to play his best tennis back then). I sure wasn't expecting such a tight scoreline.

So glad Misha & Marc won their match today! :D

MsTree
02-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Gilles v Ancic first up again on Centre Court :)

http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/1/posting/2009/407/op.pdf

rtgy
02-11-2009, 09:02 PM
I had to follow the livescore at work, we were really busy today too! Oh well. Work gets in the way soooo much sometimes!!!!!
Allez Gillou! :)

poor you sweetie :hug:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Gilles v Ancic first up again on Centre Court :)

I was just going to post that Lesley but you beat me to it! Gael is up after that match so any Frenchies should have a good morning tomorrow. I'm delighted because Sky are showing it tomorrow for the first time so we'll get to see it. Woo hoo!!!

MsTree
02-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Aw Yavor:smooch:
It'll be livescore again for me tomorrow but at least a pal of mine is recording Sky's coverage for me so I can watch the match after work! :D

rtgy
02-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Aw Yavor:smooch:
It'll be livescore again for me tomorrow but at least a pal of mine is recording Sky's coverage for me so I can watch the match after work! :D

Les:smooch:

I'll try to catch up Sky tomorrow, so there is a chance for me to see him playing :p

Scotso
02-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Nice start to the tournament for Gilles. :D

Is he shooting snot rockets?

rdandelion
02-12-2009, 01:05 AM
finally, he won the first match. what a relief. it was hard to concentrate on something in the 2nd set. phew. hope he'll do his best in the next match with Ancic.
moving forward, Simon.

anaquot
02-12-2009, 02:45 AM
Gillou against Kholi:

The nose rubbing makes me think of a certain rolly-polly someone...
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/3113HAN2WEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

turtle-rn
02-12-2009, 05:14 AM
I just stumbled upon this in GM :

I just read that Simon had back problems while playing Kohlschreiber, wonder if this will affect him in the match against Ancic?

:confused:
The OP didn't provide any source though; anyone heard about that elsewhere?

Truc
02-12-2009, 06:07 AM
Yes, he's been having back problems since last week, it's in l'Equipe too, he's taking anti-inflammatories:Sur la pointe des pieds
En manque d’entraînement et de repères, Gilles Simon a effectué une entrée en douceur dans le tournoi.

DE TOUT TEMPS, et a fortiori depuis sa demi-finale au Masters de Shanghai et son accession au top 10 mondial, Gilles Simon ne s’est jamais rendu sur un tournoi pour jouer les figurants. Pas le genre de la maison. Mais on ne peut pas dire qu’il soit arrivé à Rotterdam dans la peau du cador prêt à tout bousculer sur son passage. La faute à un foutu mal de dos, qui l’a contraint à mettre la pédale douce à l’entraînement. « J’ai tout stoppé samedi et je n’en menais pas large le lendemain, raconte-t-il. En fait, c’est un problème de disque. J’en souffrais déjà l’an dernier. Je prends des anti-inflammatoires mais l’avantage, c’est que je connais cette douleur et que je sais comment la gérer. »
Elle l’a pourtant contraint à modifier sa routine professionnelle : « J’ai tapé avec Richard (Gasquet) dimanche après-midi et la séance était tellement pourrie que j’ai demandé à n’être programmé que mercredi – ce qui est contraire à toutes mes habitudes. C’est dire... Là, ça va mieux mais il est évident que je manque encore de repères en fond de court. »
Vainqueur hier de l’Allemand Philipp Kohlschreiber 7-5, 7-6, Simon donnait presque l’impression d’être revenu deux ans en arrière, à ce « jeu de crapule »qui l’a longtemps étiqueté comme un défenseur hors pair, incapable de prendre le jeu à son compte. Mais le Français a le crâne suffisamment plein pour s’adapter quand le besoin s’en fait sentir.
Excès de vitesse exigé
« Dès les deux premiers jeux, je me suis rendu compte que ce n’était pas la joie, dit-il. Notamment en revers, qui est le baromètre de mon jeu. C’est extrêmement rare que je n’aie pas de bonnes sensations de ce côté-là. En plus, il y a plein de faux rebonds sur ce central et ça n’aide pas à trouver la bonne distance. Si l’on ajoute le temps d’adaptation aux conditions indoor, ça faisait pas mal de paramètres à gérer... D’ordinaire, pour moi, il y a deux phases : celle où on fait l’effort de laisser la balle dans le court et celle où on ne se pose même plus la question tant on est certain qu’elle sera bonne. Aujourd’hui, il faut être honnête, mon jeu d’attaque n’est pas du tout en place. »
Simon doit son succès à sa panoplie traditionnelle (mental de « matcheur », physique de marathonien) mais aussi et surtout à son... service. Les stats en ce domaine (8 aces, 91 % de points gagnés derrière sa première balle) lui redonnaient le sourire : « C’est vraiment le point positif de ce premier match, explique-t-il. Et c’est vachement encourageant. Ça prouve que, si je suis relâché, je trouve de plus en plus facilement ces 10 ou 15 km/h supplémentaires qui permettent de dépasser les 200 km/h et qui font souvent la décision. » Par ces mots, Simon dessine en fait le portrait du joueur qu’il est progressivement devenu : un membre du top 10, un vrai, capable de s’appuyer sur l’arme majeure des meilleurs mondiaux (le service, évidemment) et de trouver les ressources pour l’emporter, y compris quand les sensations jouent les filles de l’air. « Avec le recul, je suis plutôt satisfait de mon match, conclut-il. Physiquement, c’était un bon test, j’ai bien couru et j’avais du jus sur la fin, ce qui est bon signe. Le service était aussi au rendez- vous. Honnêtement, je ne savais pas trop à quoi m’attendre... Ce matin (hier matin), par exemple, je n’ai pas donné mon linge à laver à l’hôtel. Je me suis dit qu’on verrait, en fonction du résultat... Maintenant, je n’ai plus le choix. » Le Français affronte aujourd’hui le service maousse de Mario Ancic pour une place de choix dans le quart. L’occasion pour lui de radiographier une autre partie de son jeu, le retour de service. Son métier est un éternel recommencement.
VINCENT COGNET

Truc
02-12-2009, 06:30 AM
It's a disc problem, it's been bothering him since last week, he completely stopped practicing on Saturday and it wasn't looking good. It's the same problem as last year. The good thing is that he already had the problem and knows how to deal with it.
He practiced again with Ritchie on Sunday afternoon and it was so bad that he asked to be scheduled on Wednesday only, which is unusual for him. He's feeling better now, but he obviously still needs to find his bearings from the baseline.
He was back to his old purely defensive game yesterday against Kohli. He noticed immediately that it wasn't going to be easy, especially on his BH side which is the barometer of his game. There also are a lot of bad bounces on the Center Court, he needed to adjust to the indoors conditions... In short, it doesn't sound pretty. He says he usually goes through two phases, first just trying to keep the ball within the limits of the court and after a while he doesn't wonder anymore if the ball is going to be good or not and can go for his shots. But his attacking game wasn't working at all yesterday.
He won thanks to his usual qualities (fighter and good runner) and thanks to his... serve. It's the good point of the match, it shows that when he relaxes enough, he can gain the 10-15 km/h which often are decisive.
The journalist stresses it sounds like a real top 10 player, able to win matches relying on his serve and finding other ways to come through even when his game is off.
Gilles says he's rather happy about his match all in all. It was a good physical test, he could have kept on playing at the end. The serve was working well. He really didn't know what to expect, he explains that he wasn't using the laundry service at the hotel because he was ready to check out after his first match already.

J'adore.Gilles
02-12-2009, 06:40 AM
go gilles go gilles allez gillou :worship:

but-it's-ok
02-12-2009, 08:43 AM
I hope Gilles won't have any more trouble with his back:awww: Looking forward to the match,it should be a close one.
I can watch the match,then I'd better study-uh-oh.. Thanks for the info Fran;) Not using the hotel laundry service because he thought he was going to be checking out already?:lol:

Les,good on your pal for helping out with the recording whilst you're working:yeah: Hope its going to make viewing when you come home from work:hug:

port37
02-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the info Fran. Doesn't sound good about his back but at least the positive is he can still play with it. Hopefully it isn't too serious and won't get worse.
I'm glad he's on first again, the time difference works out nice for me.
ooh break point!

Brownie
02-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Back problems:sad: I hope it isn't too serious!:hug:

xhr75019
02-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Good match so far. Both are very industrious, looks like Mario is really trying hard today. He serves well. Gilles' first serve def faster when it works. Unfortunately it usually doesn't...

port37
02-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Uh oh...allez Gilles, get that break back!

Månu
02-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Poor match from Gilles, forehand and serve are not working, back problems?

Jess22
02-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Just got in after morning lecture sad to see him a set down, is he playing badly? :(

xhr75019
02-12-2009, 10:25 AM
No I wouldn't say that (except for the serve). Mario gets his serves more easily that's waht makes the difference so far imo.

Jess22
02-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Okay :) Come on Gilles

Månu
02-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Finally, playing well on a break point! Come on 5-3

xhr75019
02-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Ouf! 1 set all :) A very indecided match...

port37
02-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Well done Gilles! Good fighting, keep it up in the 3rd set, allez!

rdandelion
02-12-2009, 11:01 AM
1 set all. yeah. come on Simon!

Jess22
02-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Break down :sad: Come on Gilles break back

rdandelion
02-12-2009, 11:26 AM
oh.2-4. come on Simon

port37
02-12-2009, 11:29 AM
:sad:

rdandelion
02-12-2009, 11:30 AM
eh. oh no.2-5

rdandelion
02-12-2009, 11:39 AM
yeah. 3-5. come on Simon.

Månu
02-12-2009, 11:43 AM
It's over... he played well until 2-3 in the third and then crumbled

Jess22
02-12-2009, 11:44 AM
:sad: Just didn't serve well in the end really especially in that game he got broken, Well done to Ancic though

rdandelion
02-12-2009, 11:44 AM
oh. he lost. so sad!!!:sad:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Unfortunately the fact he was injured told in the end. I thought he was starting to look a bit better but the fact he hasn't been able to train or practise all week showed. Unlucky Gilles and hopefully he'll come back stronger and at his best the next time

Brownie
02-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Seemed like a frustrating match for Gilles:hug:

port37
02-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Well that sucks but a positive might be that he can rest his back a bit until the next tournament. :awww:

rtgy
02-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Gillou :sad:

at least now he should have more time to relax and try to do something for his back :shrug:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Yeah and from experience of back problems the only cure for it is rest. Painkillers can only work so far. Sam Smith was right. He did look like he was on medication for his back and its very hard to get up in the morning if you've taken pain relief the night before let alone have to play a match so I think under the circumstances he did well. I'm proud of him

port37
02-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah and from experience of back problems the only cure for it is rest. Painkillers can only work so far. Sam Smith was right. He did look like he was on medication for his back and its very hard to get up in the morning if you've taken pain relief the night before let alone have to play a match so I think under the circumstances he did well. I'm proud of him

Hear hear! He's a fighter.

but-it's-ok
02-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Even though it was obvious he wasn't 100% fit,he fought so hard. A combination of fatigue,his opponent raising his game at the important times,and not being able to produce his normal high level of consistency/concentration resulted in this loss. His mobility was not as good moving to either side due to his back pain and he made more errors because of this. He was unusually emotional,he was tired. Thats the downside to anti inflammatory pills, they do make you drowsy and slow to react, and can make you moody.

I am so proud of his efforts:worship: He did very well to extend the match for that long;)

xhr75019
02-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Sad but logical. Ancic was good all long. Gilles obviously wasn't 100% physically especially toward the end. It was really close though, he has nothing to be mad about.

Masha91
02-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Well done to Mario, good effort from Gilles though. :)

rtgy
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM

respect :worship:
absolute true.............exactly what I've thought!!!
did I good rep. you for that? cos if I'm not good rep. you already I will now ;)

ALLEZ GILLOU !!! :rocker2: :rocker:
get rest now our sweet Poussin, we are all firmly behind you, our favorite fighter and we are all proud with you buddy.............ALLEZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but-it's-ok
02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
respect :worship:
absolute true.............exactly what I've thought!!!
did I good rep. you for that? cos if I'm not good rep. you already I will now ;)

ALLEZ GILLOU !!! :rocker2: :rocker:
get rest now our sweet Poussin, we are all firmly behind you, our favorite fighter and we are all proud with you buddy.............ALLEZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes indeed Yavor,to everything you said there;):hug:

I just repped you Yavor;) Eimear,I have to spread reps around a bit because the silly system won't let me give you one:sad: But as soon as I can,I will;):hug:

Truc
02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Did they interview him on Sport+, Xavier (or the other Frenchies)?
I'm not as perspicacious as Sam Smith, I wouldn't have noticed a problem with his back if I hadn't read the article. Maybe it was hampering him, I don't know, but I'd wait for his interview before using that as an excuse. He can also play poorly and be whiny when he's not on medication!
And gosh, he was whiny today. I was afraid he would start harassing the ballkids at one point.

As for his game, the last 2 games of the 2nd set were exciting, but the rest... (I missed the beginning of the 3rd set.)

Anyway, I'm really not sad, I prefer him to take some time off and come back fresh as a daisy (physically and mentally). No fun to watch him play like that and throw temper tantrums.

xhr75019
02-12-2009, 12:45 PM
No, no interview so far.
I thought he appeared a bit stiff when walking between the points but maybe it was because I read the article... But I didn't think he played so poorly. The whining and temper tantrums I could go without too, I hate it when he does that.

Månu
02-12-2009, 01:09 PM
The beginning of the thrid was mainly like the second Truc. Until Gilles totally missed the game when he was serving at 2-3. Then Gilles couldn't find any mental strength anymore and Ancic played well enough.

Puschkin
02-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Anyway, I'm really not sad, I prefer him to take some time off and come back fresh as a daisy (physically and mentally). No fun to watch him play like that and throw temper tantrums.
But isn't he scheduled to play Marseille?

Truc
02-12-2009, 02:07 PM
I really liked how he was playing at the end of the 2nd set, so it's too bad I left just at the beginning of the 3rd set then.
If his back was hampering him, I agree it was a very good effort. And of course Ancic was a much better opponent than some other guys in the 2nd round. But Gilles really wasn't returning well enough and was making too many UE for his standards imo, it was frustrating.
It was not all bad, I also liked his serve at the beginning of the 1st set, it was amusing to see "Poussin" fire big serves. But he didn't keep it up.

As for Marseille, I don't see him skip it since he never pulls out of French events even when he obviously should (he played Monte-Carlo with a seized-up back, Metz with an injured knee, Marseille with a fever, etc.)
I could imagine he needs a little break, though, especially if he wants to play in DC, he will have to play every week from now on - Marseille, Dubai, DC, IW... I don't know, maybe it was just the problem with his back.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Did they interview him on Sport+, Xavier (or the other Frenchies)?
I'm not as perspicacious as Sam Smith, I wouldn't have noticed a problem with his back if I hadn't read the article. Maybe it was hampering him, I don't know, but I'd wait for his interview before using that as an excuse. He can also play poorly and be whiny when he's not on medication!
And gosh, he was whiny today. I was afraid he would start harassing the ballkids at one point.

As for his game, the last 2 games of the 2nd set were exciting, but the rest... (I missed the beginning of the 3rd set.)

Apparently Gilles had said somewhere that he was unable to practise and train because of his back. He said the only time he practised was on Sunday against Gasquet. I'm not sure where this interview was but Sam Smith was just quoting that. I can only go by what she said in her commentary but Peter Fleming seemed to back her up and even to the untrained eye especially in the first set you could tell he was in pain. Like I said good effort and bring on the next tournament. PS thanks for the support Yavor and Di. I was just saying what I felt so I'm glad you agreed with me :)

MsTree
02-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Awwwww Gilles :sad: And my pal's son changed the channel on here dvdr so I won't get to see it. even more :sad:
Temper tantrums? Was Gillesex mad again? ;)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah he was very tempermental Lesley. He was smashing a lot of rackets, shouting a lot and just generally getting mad with himself a hell of a lot. Even Sam Smith said she'd never seen him so animated on court. He wasn't feeling the best though so you can forgive him this once

turtle-rn
02-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Bummer. And if his attitude oncourt was that bad, I'm even gladder I didn't watch it.

Go Marc! :D

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 08:10 PM
He actually managed to keep his cool for about 70% of the match Natsume. He just lost his cool every so often and hit his racquet off the ground and once or twice he screamed at himself in French. It was just when it was bad it was pretty bad for Gilles. I've never seen him like that in a match

MsTree
02-12-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm not adverse to a wee bit of racket smashing but he does seem to let all that mad energy evaporate when he should be using it to help him to lift his level. Hope he can sort out his back problem - he doesn't have a lot of time off in the next month and a half!

turtle-rn
02-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks Eimear for the clarification. :]

I'm not adverse to a wee bit of racket smashing but he does seem to let all that mad energy evaporate when he should be using it to help him to lift his level.
Agreed. More often than not, when I see him lose his temper, the outcome of the match was dire. He should know better by now. *sigh*

Truc
02-12-2009, 09:24 PM
"Once or twice" is a bit of an understatement.

Yes, that's the point, I really don't mind some swearing and racquet smashing, I support guys who behave worse than that on the court, but it seems it only makes things worse with Gilles, so I found it annoying today.

I recorded the tennistv.com livestream as a test, Lesley, since it was the first time I was using the website, but the result is a strange .flv file, you'd need to convert it to be able to navigate through it. I can't even check if I have the whole match.
It's 1,24 GB and not good quality. In my opinion it's not worth it, but if you don't find it in better quality somewhere else and really need it for your collection, I can upload it.

Brownie
02-12-2009, 10:17 PM
He actually managed to keep his cool for about 70% of the match Natsume. He just lost his cool every so often and hit his racquet off the ground and once or twice he screamed at himself in French. It was just when it was bad it was pretty bad for Gilles. I've never seen him like that in a match
You know how Gilles usually sticks his tongue out in a silly way at least once a match? I didn't see that happen at all today. He was very grumpy:fiery:

MsTree
02-12-2009, 10:23 PM
For some reason I rarely get seeking to work on streamcaps, so I'm used to that! I've had a look but not found the match uploaded anywhere - sorry Fran but you know what I'm like!!! Give it a day or two and we'll see if anyone ups it to t3nnis.tv (but there are a lot of todays matches there already)

Ancic is a well above average player and it's no disgrace to lose to him. If Gilles wasn't feeling 100% I can see why he would be frustrated, Mario's very capable of making it difficult for anybody.

But I still think Gillou's most awkward opponent is himself ;)

Cloudygirl
02-12-2009, 10:32 PM
But I still think Gillou's most awkward opponent is himself ;)

He def thinks too much on court

J'adore.Gilles
02-13-2009, 06:02 AM
NOOO poor gilles .... better luck next time ... :(
at least he didnt lose in the aus open to ancic ... otherwise i would have cried.
did anyone watch the match?
was he realy playing that bad or was mario playing realy well???

Truc
02-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Here's his reaction in L'Equipe:
SIMON PAS INQUIET. – Sorti en trois sets par Mario Ancic (6-4, 3-6, 6-3), Gilles Simon n’a pas vraiment pris son pied. « Un mauvais match, avec de mauvaises sensations de jeu, résumait-il. Quand tu ne produis rien, il faut t’attendre à la défaite. Mon problème no 1, c’est le revers. Quand il lâche, tout mon système de jeu s’en ressent. Mais les sensations seront différentes à Marseille. »
He really didn't enjoy it, but he's not worried. "A poor match, with a poor feel for my game. When one can't produce anything on the court, it has to be expected to lose. The backhand is my problem number one. When it's off, my whole game is suffering. But it will be different in Marseille."

xhr75019
02-13-2009, 07:28 AM
the result is a strange .flv file, you'd need to convert it to be able to navigate through it.

Media Player Classic (easy to find free player) reads .flv files and you can navigate through them with it.

J'adore.Gilles
02-13-2009, 07:38 AM

He really didn't enjoy it, but he's not worried. "A poor match, with a poor feel for my game. When one can't produce anything on the court, it has to be expected to lose. The backhand is my problem number one. When it's off, my whole game is suffering. But it will be different in Marseille."

But when its on, his whole game is excellent! :worship: and lets just hope it will be different in Marseille. Allez Gilles ;)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah Lauren I didn't notice him doing any tongue sticking out actually come to think of it ... Fran, thanks for giving us that snippet of an interview. He seems to be positive enough, which is a good thing. He made a good point about his backhand. He made more unforced errors on his B/H in that match than I've seen him make since I started watching him in Madrid last year

J'adore.Gilles
02-13-2009, 08:57 AM
yes indeed ;)

Truc
02-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Media Player Classic (easy to find free player) reads .flv files and you can navigate through them with it.Not with this file, I don't know the reason either. I can open it in VLC, but I can only play it.
I use Replay Media Catcher to record this kind of streams. It's very easy, but I had the same problem last time I tried to record the adthe.net livestream. I had to convert the file and everything was normal then. I should do it for this one too before uploading it, I'm just being lazy...

They're showing the last 3 games of his match again on tennistv.com. It's a delight, really. :devil: They couldn't find anything better to show from yesterday's matches?

but-it's-ok
02-13-2009, 11:16 AM
They're showing the last 3 games of his match again on tennistv.com. It's a delight, really. :devil: They couldn't find anything better to show from yesterday's matches?

Oh have they moved onto horror movies already?;):lol:

Elena.
02-13-2009, 11:30 AM

Sorry for Gillou,he looked nervous and bothered ,also the italian commentator was a bit surprised by his attitude not the usual fighting Gillou.One can have bad days

rtgy
02-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Oh have they moved onto horror movies already?;):lol:

:haha:

bullseye................ :worship:

xhr75019
02-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Françoise, juste pour être sûr qu'on se soit compris, je parle bien de Media Player Classic, pas de VLC.
http://www.01net.com/telecharger/windows/Multimedia/lecteurs_video_dvd/fiches/27394.html
Je me permets d'insister parce que c'est pas 100% clair dans ta réponse...

Truc
02-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Ma réponse était pas claire, désolée. J'ai bien essayé celui-là aussi, c'est même mon lecteur multimédia par défaut. Mais ça marche pas, j'ai même pas l'image dans Media Player Classic (alors que je l'ai dans VLC). C'est vraiment le fichier qui est bizarre.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Does anybody know when the draw for Marseille is being made? It must be due to be made today is it?

but-it's-ok
02-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Eimear,the draw for Marseille will be made at Noon tomorrow.

Also,Jeremy Chardy is in the MD after a couple of withdrawals.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks for that guys. Good to see Jeremy getting another shot at a MD. Lets hope he gives a good account of himself and moves up a couple of places in the rankings

gambit84
02-13-2009, 06:05 PM
is his brain on holidays or what? I hate when he loses against useless players like the hated Ancic :fiery:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Don't be too harsh Gambit. He was injured and hadn't trained or practise all week. We can forgive him this once I think!