Viña R1 (WC)Capdeville d. (6/WC)Schwank 6-3 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Viña R1 (WC)Capdeville d. (6/WC)Schwank 6-3 6-4

+alonso
02-03-2009, 02:18 AM
Finally Capdeville played like he's supposed to do. :) Paul served great, over 70% in 1st serve, which kept Schwank off the whole match. That helped Capdeville to find his rhytm and be more aggressive.
To be honest, Schwank never seemed interested on court... maybe it could have been the court, maybe just lack of spirits. Whatever it was, Eduardo played really poor.

Congrats to Paul.

Snoo Foo
02-03-2009, 02:25 AM
Schwank flat out sucked. :mad: Good on Capdeville for making the most of it though :yeah:

*Viva Chile*
02-03-2009, 02:28 AM
Paul :yeah: keep it on!

what a waste of a WC give the Fillols :o :help:

SchWankER :rolls:

kai.
02-03-2009, 02:33 AM
Finally Capdeville played like he's supposed to do. :) Paul served great, over 70% in 1st serve, which kept Schwank off the whole match. That helped Capdeville to find his rhytm and be more aggressive.
To be honest, Schwank never seemed interested on court... maybe it could have been the court, maybe just lack of spirits. Whatever it was, Eduardo played really poor.

Congrats to Paul.

Is his new raquet..
he was playing with fischer and this year is playing with babolat.
to be honest i didnt see the match because the livestream was not working in my pc.
but my friends than saw the match told me than was his raquet. he cant play like that
he need a heaver raquet :sad:

ChinoRios4Ever
02-03-2009, 02:36 AM
Fillols pair of idiots, how in the earth they give to this guy Schwank, he did not wanted to win, he was almost trying, what a waste of WC. :mad:

Anyway, good for Paul, hope he can go deep here. Gimeno-Traver is next, not impossible. :yeah:

GlennMirnyi
02-03-2009, 02:37 AM
:lol:

It's naive to think a racket would make such a difference in performance.

kai.
02-03-2009, 02:46 AM
:lol:

It's naive to think a racket would make such a difference in performance.

It makes, if u are not confrotable with a new kind of raquet it makes u deconcentrate from the match.. Besides we all know the BABOLAT q are lighter than others.

Thanos
02-03-2009, 02:56 AM
well done paul :yeah: for beating this overrated argie clown that got message board instead of kohli.

KaiserT
02-03-2009, 04:04 AM
Perhaps his new racquet contributed to his clown-like performance, but I don't think it can be explained away that easily.......

His attitude was horrible, his shot selection ridiculous, he could have lost 6-0 6-0 if he hadn't randomly stepped up his level BP down combined with Capdeville choking his opportunities.

Capdeville even got tight at the end of the match going 0-30 down with a smash into the net and a df before Schwank did everyone a favour and gave up 4UEs to lose the game and match.

It was a joke of a performance and I doubt Schwank will ever be the recipient of another WC to Vina Del Mar.

Well done to Paul though :D

finishingmove
02-03-2009, 04:54 AM
didn't see this one coming...

come back when u feel like playing, schwank.

GlennMirnyi
02-03-2009, 05:15 AM
It makes, if u are not confrotable with a new kind of raquet it makes u deconcentrate from the match.. Besides we all know the BABOLAT q are lighter than others.

Honey, do you really think a pro would be stupid enough to change racket suppliers but take a racket he doesn't feel comfortable with? Every player uses a paintjob - whether to fake a different model of the same supplier (like Federer) or to fake a different brand (like Blake for a long time).

CooCooCachoo
02-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Congrats to Paul in front of a home crowd :yeah:

HattonWBA
02-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Yh great result for Paul but this shwank is carrying this year on like he ended last year which is poor to say the least, hes too hot and cold is Eduardo, needs to get more consistent, there was a chance to go deep this week, ah well good win for Paul.

tennishero
02-03-2009, 12:02 PM
schwank has very good groundstrokes, he is clearly a better player than capdeville but in this match he played really poor and didnt even bother running much.