djokovic (2008 AO) vs Nadal (09 AO) who wins? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

djokovic (2008 AO) vs Nadal (09 AO) who wins?

ugotlobbed
02-01-2009, 10:57 PM
im just curious, the way djokovic played last year i thought no one could beat him, he beat roger easily, nadal had to go through 5 sets, what do you guys think, i would have to pick djokovic, because it just seemed like djokovic could hit a winner off of anything last year

jenanun
02-01-2009, 11:05 PM
winning against the mono roger didnt mean much....

l_mac
02-02-2009, 12:18 AM
:rolls:

Great thread :yeah:

Forehander
02-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Can't really compare but if they were to be playing against each other Djokovic would smash 09 AO Nadal pretty easily in the form he was in simply because of the match up. He is pretty much the only person on tour (not including Nalbandian) who has figured out how to play Nadal.

A_Skywalker
02-02-2009, 12:22 AM
The way Djokovic played he would beat Nadal, with one question mark, only if he dont get tired.

mashamaniac
02-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Good question. can djoker play 10 hrs in 2 days and still win the title? i'm pretty darn sure the answer is nope!

l_mac
02-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Can't really compare but if they were to be playing against each other Djokovic would smash 09 AO Nadal pretty easily in the form he was in simply because of the match up. He is pretty much the only person on tour (not including Nalbandian) who has figured out how to play Nadal.

He has yet to beat Nadal in a big match.

Never beaten him in a Slam, lost both finals they played, and lost the Olympic semi.

ugotlobbed
02-02-2009, 12:39 AM
well this is true but im saying if he didnt get tired

mashamaniac
02-02-2009, 12:39 AM

Never beaten him in a Slam, lost both finals they played, and lost the Olympic semi.

Given how unfair these haters are, there's no doubt they're all jealous of rafa's results and achievements! i'm not surprised to see most of those haters voting for djoker even if they ain't a fan... :rolleyes:

mashamaniac
02-02-2009, 12:43 AM
well this is true but im saying if he didnt get tired

I honetly don't think it's a matter of djoker getting tired or not! :) of course there's no doubt rafa's the most strongest player physically but it's not what separates the two...

Forehander
02-02-2009, 12:45 AM
Given how unfair these haters are, there's no doubt they're all jealous of rafa's results and achievements! i'm not surprised to see most of those haters voting for djoker even if they ain't a fan... :rolleyes:

Nobody's trying to start an argument here. Everybody else is just giving their own personal opinion.

Crazy Girl
02-02-2009, 12:46 AM
My grandfather.
What is this? This is......

SaFed2005
02-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Good question. can djoker play 10 hrs in 2 days and still win the title? i'm pretty darn sure the answer is nope!

lol he can barely play 3 hours in one day...

ugotlobbed
02-02-2009, 01:14 AM
didnt nadal have 2 days off, thats a lot for these pros

MagicMilan
02-02-2009, 01:29 AM

Nadal and Novak never played in a hardcourt GS, of course Rafa will always win on clay. He's just unbeatable on dirt, but what makes for instance IW semi or Canada masters semi less important that Queens final?
Novak had good and very important wins over Rafa, but Rafa won the most important matches, that's for sure. I would actually put Olympics semi the biggest Rafael's win over Novak :shrug:

MagicMilan
02-02-2009, 01:35 AM
I honetly don't think it's a matter of djoker getting tired or not! :) of course there's no doubt rafa's the most strongest player physically but it's not what separates the two...
Rafa is the strongest physically and mentally on the tour, but IMO Rafael can't compete with peak Roger and peak Novak on hard, I've never seen Rafael produce the level of tennis on hard that Novak produced in first set of Cincy semis. Of course, both of them are midgets as of late :retard: so no wonder Rafa keeps thumping them.
Rafa won his AO fair and square, and he was certainly the best in Australia this year :)

l_mac
02-02-2009, 01:36 AM
Nadal and Novak never played in a hardcourt GS,

No, but they played the Olympics semi, which is best of 3 and shuold suit Novak more. Nadal won.

of course Rafa will always win on clay. He's just unbeatable on dirt, but what makes for instance IW semi or Canada masters semi less important that Queens final?

Because it was a final :shrug: I think the Queen's match was very, very important for both.

I would actually put Olympics semi the biggest Rafael's win over Novak :shrug:

Me too.

I don't really think you'r disagreeing with me :scratch: but it reads like you are :confused:

MagicMilan
02-02-2009, 01:43 AM
I don't really think you'r disagreeing with me :scratch: but it reads like you are :confused:
I'm not disagreeing, just for me win in a masters tournament tops the one in MM tournament, though Queens is a renowned event. That win had an impact over Novak for sure, but I wouldn't call it that big of a win. Just my opinion :shrug:

fred perry
02-02-2009, 04:31 AM
I think djokovic would have retired with a sore pinky.

Igaarg
02-02-2009, 04:38 AM
I don´t know, but I´m sure It would be a very long match for the times outs and the trainer calls. I think Djoko, he has not the mental issue with Rafa.

MIMIC
02-02-2009, 04:39 AM

Yes, remember the Olympics but forget Indian Wells and Canada. :worship:

Corey Feldman
02-02-2009, 05:16 AM
Djokovic without a shadow of a doubt

TMJordan
02-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Djokovic would have absolutly killed him. Rafa had the easiest draw possible. Novak had a harder draw and only lost one set the entire open. Not 4. Also he beat Hewitt in Australia an in form Ferrer, a Federer not wearing the pink dress and an on fire Tsonga. Look who Rafito beat...not impressive yet the collective iq of MTF beleives Rafa was more impressive (70-30) Never in doubt. You gyes suck. :yeah:

MalwareDie
02-02-2009, 05:55 AM
Djokovic would have absolutly killed him. Rafa had the easiest draw possible. Novak had a harder draw and only lost one set the entire open. Not 4. Also he beat Hewitt in Australia an in form Ferrer, a Federer not wearing the pink dress and an on fire Tsonga. Look who Rafito beat...not impressive yet the collective iq of MTF beleives Rafa was more impressive (70-30) Never in doubt. You gyes suck. :yeah:

Absolutely agree. Porkdull would have been thrown into the sun and burnt to cinders.

Henry Chinaski
02-02-2009, 06:04 AM
Djokovic at peak form and confidence is favourite on a hardcourt, no question.

It's a simple matter of match-up. Djok's bh off high bouncing balls, especially on the return in the ad court, is in a whole different league to Federer's.

Djokovic's serve during that period was phenomenal as well. Federer served like a clown yesterday.

jcempire
02-02-2009, 06:09 AM
very interest

I hope to see DJOK VS NADAL in US OPEN Final 2009, that would make a lot of sense (this is the match)

Langers
02-02-2009, 08:20 AM
im just curious, the way djokovic played last year i thought no one could beat him, he beat roger easily, nadal had to go through 5 sets, what do you guys think, i would have to pick djokovic, because it just seemed like djokovic could hit a winner off of anything last year
Agreed, Djokovic was on fire last year. He played amazing tennis.

Steelq
02-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Everyone who answered Nadal,just rewatch 1st set of the last year Cincinnati semifinal,thats how peak Djokovic plays against Nadal on HC.Djokovic with his A game will completely destroy Rafa on HC,just like Rafa destroys him on clay.

Mohammad
02-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Everyone who answered Nadal,just rewatch 1st set of the last year Cincinnati semifinal,thats how peak Djokovic plays against Nadal on HC.Djokovic with his A game will completely destroy Rafa on HC,just like Rafa destroys him on clay.

Look at the title again "Nadal 09" Not 2008

Lopez
02-02-2009, 09:49 AM
l_mac, if you look at the H2H, sure it's in Rafa's favour, but it tells a nice story. Nadal's victories from Djokovic are all hard-fought (outside clay, and even there there's Hamburg's match last year) while Djokovic's victories have been pretty one-sided.

Forehander is right in the sense that Nole has figured out how to play Rafa and the matchup is there, this is clear to anyone who plays tennis. However, Novak hasn't been able to bring his game to Nadal in the most crucial moments. Will he ever be able to? I believe so. Loads of match-ups started as one-sided but evolved later, Federer-Nalbandian, Federer-Hewitt etc :)

Commander Data
02-02-2009, 10:24 AM

Thats not true. The vote is not about who one likes better but about who one thinks would win. I like Rafa better then Djoker but I think Djoker has the better HC Game. On the other hand Rafa is much stronger mental. So he might actualy win. likely would if temp raise above the deadly 30°C mark :rolleyes:

rafa_maniac
02-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Novak has never taken more than two sets off Rafa in any match, in a HC masters event he can blow past Rafa perhaps, but in a GS with Rafa playing at this level, with this determination to win, and with a best of 5 format... I pick Rafa :cool:

Certinfy
02-02-2009, 11:25 AM
I feel Nole, last yr the tennis he was playing was amazing...

zerocool_
02-02-2009, 12:13 PM
No, but they played the Olympics semi, which is best of 3 and shuold suit Novak more. Nadal won.

Fair enough, but do you think that Nole was on same level like in AO?

mashamaniac
02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Fair enough, but do you think that Nole was on same level like in AO?

Yes he was,further proof:watching his next match with blake he showed the same level as AO.he destroyed blake the other day :o

thrust
02-02-2009, 02:25 PM

You are right, but then, I doubt if any player could have accomplished what Nadal did in this AO. Incredible! Watched some of the Nadal-Verdsaco match last night. Outstanding power tennis from Fernando and incredible combination of defense and clutch agression from Rafa! This was THE match of the tournament!

zerocool_
02-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Yes he was,further proof:watching his next match with blake he showed the same level as AO.he destroyed blake the other day :o

Nah, he was good, but not on AO level :)

Foxy
02-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Nadal all the way. I don't see any weapons in Nole who could give trouble to 09-version Rafa. Plus Nole is not fit enough in best-of-5.