Mary Pierce VS Roger Federer. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mary Pierce VS Roger Federer.

lleytonfan!
02-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Which meltdown at the final of a slam was worse? Mary Pierce's at the 2005 Roland Garros final, or Roger Federer's tonight?

Please don't close this thread. It is not a WTA thread, it is both WTA and ATP.

alfonsojose
02-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Mary 6-1, 6-1 :yeah:

lleytonfan!
02-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Soory, I admit I din't make myself very clear. I meany in terms of crying in their speeches.

Stefwhit
02-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Today is the day I totally lost all respect for Roger, what a freakin' baby. He's supposed to be the greatest of all time, yeah the greatest loser. Crying because he got beat... wtf?! You save those tears for the locker room buddy. Nadal effects him in a serious way, way more serious than I ever believed.

Mary Pierce crying wasn't her best moment either, but she played a horrible match and was killed in a blink of an eye. Her crying is a little more understandable and I'm sorry if this sounds sexist, but she's a woman so it's really not viewed as bad.

Roger on the other hand was a hot mess. Just look at the look on Mirka's face, it said it all. She was completely horrified. This has to be an all time low for Fed fans. It's sad that Raffa has to remind him that he's a champion. Those tears are not the tears of a true champion.

Stefwhit
02-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Today is the day I totally lost all respect for Roger, what a freakin' baby. He's supposed to be the greatest of all time, yeah the greatest loser. Crying because he got beat... wtf?! You save those tears for the locker room buddy. Nadal effects him in a serious way, way more serious than I ever believed.

Mary Pierce crying wasn't her best moment either, but she played a horrible match and was killed in a blink of an eye. Her crying is a little more understandable and I'm sorry if this sounds sexist, but she's a woman so it's really not viewed as bad.

Roger on the other hand was a hot mess. Just look at the look on Mirka's face, it said it all. She was completely horrified. This has to be an all time low for Fed fans. It's sad that Raffa has to remind him that he's a champion. Those tears are not the tears of a true champion.

dark_ambient
02-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Initially i thought that this thread was going to be something like: WWW: Mary Pierce v Roger Federer? And i thought that i was gonna write something like: Pierce in straights but not without a fight from Roger... 7-5 7-6 7-5 :eek: Girl's got a sharp cc backhand that would've hurt the swiss... ;)

Action Jackson
02-01-2009, 01:57 PM
WTA isn't tennis.

Therefore close this thread.

ms_nut
02-01-2009, 02:03 PM

Also, when Mary Pierce cried, it was because she felt like she would never again be playing at the French Open again...which is exactly what happened..Hopefully Federer will be playing many more AO..

MacTheKnife
02-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Federer is IMO crumbling under the pressure of getting that #14 right now. It is a huge deal and I'm sure we'll see some more choking and emotional incidences before he pulls it off. Let's face, only one guy in the history of the sport has been where he is right now, and it was damn tough for him too.