Who are Rafa's friends on tour? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who are Rafa's friends on tour?

Manila ESQ
01-30-2009, 11:21 PM
During the Nadal-Verdasco match, commentators said that Rafa and Fernando are not that close. Nando is not part of, what they called as "Rafa's posse". So, who are Rafa's close friends on tour?

I just posted here (as opposed to the General Messages forum) so I can get a decent reply.

Thanks!

adee-gee
01-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Fernando Verdasco: Is also a pity that, you know, now for Rafa for sure that he won the match that he played that long match for the final, when Roger played one day before and a much shorter match.

You know, is really a pity. I want him to be 100% to play that final and to try to win. I lost against him. He's a big friend. I wish him the best of luck in the final. I hope that he will win.

:shrug:

I think Rafa is more friendly with Robredo and F-Lo unfortunately. And his beloved Tomeu.

l_mac
01-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Rafa is friendly with Verdasco, the commentators are still harping on about Queens in 06 :rolleyes:

His favourites are Feli and Moya (ick) and some of the Argie players, especially Pico :inlove:

Xristos
01-31-2009, 07:57 AM
What exactly happened in Queens 06?

wilmar
01-31-2009, 01:52 PM
apparently Nando was limping around one moment and hitting booming winners the next.
and when Nando slipped and fell, Nadal was concerned and went over to his side of the net, but Nando swore (dunno at Nadal or at the situation) came as quite a shock to Nadal.

Nadal names Moya, Feli Lopez and Juan Monaco as closest on tour. But Nalby and Ferru are also close.

Manila ESQ
02-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys! Appreciate it.

Congrats to Rafa!

BucketT
02-02-2009, 04:44 PM
From what I saw during these years that I followed Rafa's career he's very close to Carlos and Feli, then David Ferru, "Pico" Monaco, Nalbandian, Tommy Robredo, Nando Verdasco (tru lie they aren't friends!), Zabalayeta, Richard Gasquet and Lleyton Hewitt. During the last year he got closer to Roger and had quite good interconnection with Novak. Also good collegues with A-Rod, Marat and others. Surely Rafa had problems in the past with Soderling (who can stand him anyway!?), Berdych and Gaston Gaudio.

safinafan
02-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Gaudio and Berdych need help. :fiery: Urgh!!!

Manila ESQ
02-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Ok. At least, I know now that I should always root against Soderling, Berdych and Gaudio. LOL...

wilmar
02-03-2009, 04:15 AM
Nadal and Birdie are cool now.

They resolved the Mardrid Birdie "sssh" silencing the local crowd gesture and Nadal "he's a bad bad person" remark.

In fact, Birdie complimented Nadal and said he was so gracious that he texted him a congratulatory message when he won a title.

I think Nadal's strain with the Toad remains though.

I think Uncle Toni also got a soft spot for Gasquet, always saying nice things about him and wishing he will perform well again and make a return to the Top 10.

tennisace21
02-04-2009, 11:06 PM
i say pretty much all the spaniards, but not really Nando
but especially moya cuz he was rafa's mentor since childhood