chammer44
01-27-2009, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S93YvQiCpE

TMJordan
01-27-2009, 07:50 PM
You go girl :yeah:

LleytonMonfils
01-27-2009, 07:52 PM
He deserved to be bad mouthed. You don't retire from a tennis match because you are a little tired. You retire because you twisted your ankle or strained a muscle or injured your wrist. You don't WD from a match because you are tired. Where is the honor in that?

Novak tried to say he was cramping. Not once did he show signs of cramping. Dude is a liar. Go Fed!

Dougie
01-27-2009, 07:54 PM
It´s all psychological from Federer. He knows Djokovic will be a close rival for him for years to come, and Fed knows how to play the mental game. It´s not like he had to say those things, just wanted to give a little verbal snap.

MIMIC
01-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah. Roger doesn't give up. He just makes excuses when he loses. Mono = 2008 Austrailan Open semi loss and 2008 French Open final beating.

ORGASMATRON
01-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Your the biggest dumbass ive met in my life.

the biscuit
01-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Federer is right. :shrug:

Kworb
01-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Telling it like it is.

Certinfy
01-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Don't blame him tbh =P

Thing that actually surprised me is he said "Andy", "Djokovic", "Berdych" and "Blake", but he didn't even say "Del Potro" =P

Andi-M
01-27-2009, 07:58 PM
:haha: Good one Fed! This guy is the king of cheap shots!

Roddickominator
01-27-2009, 08:10 PM
This is good for tennis....it stirs a little drama and should push Djokovic to be a better, tougher player. I like how the young guns really have to earn Roger's respect.

robinhood
01-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Djokman deserves it for what he constantly gives back to the tour and the fans.

While he's at it, I hope he makes it a calendar retirement slam.

ugotlobbed
01-27-2009, 08:23 PM
yes you dont retire because it enrages ppl that are betting on roddick

Knightmace
01-27-2009, 08:27 PM
It's not like the guy never gave up before in his career. lol!

AgassiFan588
01-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Federer is correct.

Djokovic is a pussy.

scarecrows
01-27-2009, 08:43 PM
si4

ORGASMATRON
01-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Some of you people are seriosuly confusing. If i said that you were a member of MTF does that mean im badmouthing you? Get a grip.

juninhOH
01-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Djokman deserves it for what he constantly gives back to the tour and the fans.

While he's at it, I hope he makes it a calendar retirement slam.

:haha:

Henry Kaspar
01-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Federer's comments were OK.

Knightmace
01-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Some of you people are seriosuly confusing. If i said that you were a member of MTF does that mean im badmouthing you? Get a grip.
????????

scarecrows
01-27-2009, 09:00 PM
I think Djokovic has taken good lessons from criticisms which have improved his behaviour
less ball bounces before serving, no more prolonged idiotic imitations (once or twice would have been funny)
Maybe this will man up him a bit, less fake timeouts and less retirements when he's losing

LleytonMonfils
01-27-2009, 09:03 PM
I think Djokovic has taken good lessons from criticisms which have improved his behaviour
less ball bounces before serving, no more prolonged idiotic imitations (once or twice would have been funny)
Maybe this will man up him a bit, less fake timeouts and less retirements when he's losing

How about Andy calling him out in that US Open interview? Sorry but if I'm Djokovic yesterday, I'm going to stay out there and take my beating. Only way you take me off that court is if you drag me. WDing because the little baby was a wee bit tired is cowardly and shows Nole truly doesn't have heart when the going gets tough. If the kid wants a little respect in the locker room among his peers, yesterday wasn't one of the ways to do that. Just proves hes a child and not a man yet.

Commander Data
01-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Federer just has the balls to say what everybody thinks. :worship:

Arkulari
01-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Djoker retired in MonteCarlo against Roger: he was losing there
Djoker retired in AO '09 against Roddick: he was losing there

Last year the heat was about the same and yet he didn't retire from a match, wonder why? oh, yeah, because he was winning :rolleyes:

Djoker is a good player but all these retirements are only messing up with his image and his credibility as a sportsman :shrug:

if you set foot on court you don't retire unless you're crippled, or faint in there :shrug:

example: Rafa has HUGE blisters in his feet in Rome '08 and could barely walk in the match against Ferrero and that's why he retired :shrug:

Roger got mono at the beginning of last year and yet he never retired from a match, even healthy and even at a huge beatdown like the one Rafa gave him in RG :shrug:

Roddick, Simon, Muzza, also don't retire when things get rough or when they aren't 100% well :shrug:

Gonzo didn't retire against Richie or against Rafa and almost his whole leg was bandaged :shrug:

RIboy
01-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Faker and Aza would be nice couple

P.S. after wedding they should buy house in colder region

ORGASMATRON
01-27-2009, 09:15 PM

Yes, me and him does have that in common.

MacTheKnife
01-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Fed is right on the money, and Djok knows it too.

chammer44
01-27-2009, 09:19 PM

Obnoxiousness is not a sign of courage, sad to say; it's a flaw in character, an absence of virtue.

Only little kiddies mistake rudeness for "balls."

petar_pan
01-27-2009, 09:28 PM
bravo federer,he said right thing.i saw when he retired and it was obvious he could walkover until the match finish.

Snoo Foo
01-27-2009, 09:30 PM
At this point Nole (or rather his fans, cuz they're the ones who are most affected by the criticism, he doesn't seem to give a shit or he wouldn't keep doing it) should just be thankful he's in this mega-polite sport instead of some game where people aren't shy about calling a pussy a pussy.

Lullaby
01-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Federer is an idiot

Sure he may have been right about some of the things he has said but if it has not affected him in a match he is playing he should mind his own business - He has a lack of class which is the only thing muzza has beat him at this week lol

Henry Kaspar
01-27-2009, 09:32 PM

PLUS he has the ability to say it in a way that is not insulting and just makes the point.

Serenidad
01-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Fred.

Snoo Foo
01-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Federer gotta be using every atom of restraint he can muster to keep from busting out in giggles or http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/34.gif when people ask him about Nole's retirements.

dam0dred
Fed is exactly right. Novak's behavior is a disgrace and totally disrespectful to players, fans, and everyone involved with tennis. By calling him out, people like Roger and Roddick are drawing attention to it and as a result the media and fans are increasingly aware of it, which means there is more pressure on him to cut the bullshit and start behaving like a professional.

Keep it up. :)

JediFed
The only shame is that he was the defending champ in the first place!

A calendar retirement slam would be amazing.

Acer
01-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Well that was 100% true.

Lullaby
01-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Fed is exactly right. Novak's behavior is a disgrace and totally disrespectful to players, fans, and everyone involved with tennis. By calling him out, people like Roger and Roddick are drawing attention to it and as a result the media and fans are increasingly aware of it, which means there is more pressure on him to cut the bullshit and start behaving like a professional.

You cant tell me roddick would have rather played on in that heat as apposed to coming off and resting up for the next round :confused:

dam0dred
01-27-2009, 09:43 PM
You cant tell me roddick would have rather played on in that heat as apposed to coming off and resting up for the next round :confused:

I'm referring to Roddick's comments about Djoko at the '08 US Open.

Tutu
01-27-2009, 09:44 PM
:lol: And why the hell did he just get an accent out of nowhere? :sobbing: Usually he speakes with no accent.

Commander Data
01-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Obnoxiousness is not a sign of courage, sad to say; it's a flaw in character, an absence of virtue.

Only little kiddies mistake rudeness for "balls."

You are right it doesn't even need balls to say it, it is so obvious. Strange that you find that rude, but then you find it okay when somebody just quits cause he realizes that he won't win. That, on the other hand, is what I find extremly rude.

JolánGagó
01-27-2009, 09:54 PM
:worship:

Fed spot on.

Jaz
01-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Federer is 100% correct. The "joker" seems to have alot of fake/random injuries....

the cat
01-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Why Roger why? :confused: To make a big deal about Djokovic's withdrawl against Roddick was unnecessary and unsportmanslike. Bjorn Borg and Stefan Edberg would never have said anything like that about an opponent. And did you notice no player said anything about Viktoria Azarenka quitting against Serena Williams after she won the first set and was only down 2-4 in the second set? That was bizarre. Azarenka must have been feeling sick to retire while leading the biggest match of her career. If she hung in there she might have felt better and still won the match. The match against Roddick was lost for Novak and there was no coming back. Novak was not doing well physically from the second set on.

petar_pan
01-27-2009, 09:55 PM

yes,that is the point.

Matt01
01-27-2009, 09:57 PM

But sometimes you better just keep your mouth shut. With all these little cheap shots against several of his opponents lately he's really coming across as an arrogant, bitter player whose career really is in decline.

sawan66278
01-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Even though his criticism is valid (I've spoken to quite a few colleagues who are sports fans in general, and they all ridiculed Djokovic, claiming that again this is proof that tennis players are pansies), Federer comes across as being a spoiled baby. Taking the "high ground" seems to be impossible for the man.

Maybe he felt compelled to lay into him because Djokovic is actually on the ATP Council...and it reflects badly on the whole tour.

simplet
01-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Why Roger why? :confused: To make a big deal about Djokovic's withdrawl against Roddick was unnecessary and unsportmanslike. Bjorn Borg and Stefan Edberg would never have said anything like that about an opponent. And did you notice no player said anything about Viktoria Azarenka quitting against Serena Williams after she won the first set and was only down 2-4 in the second set? That was bizarre. Azarenka must have been feeling sick to retire while leading the biggest match of her career. If she hung in there she might have felt better and still won the match. The match against Roddick was lost for Novak and there was no coming back. Novak was not doing well physically from the second set on.

So it's ok to retire just because you feel you're not going to win the match, but when you're leading you shouldn't retire, even if you're going to faint on the court? Wtf kind of bullshit is that?

miura
01-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah. Roger doesn't give up. He just makes excuses when he loses. Mono = 2008 Austrailan Open semi loss and 2008 French Open final beating.
The difference is that it actually was something wrong with Roger :)

Henry Kaspar
01-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Fed is exactly right. Novak's behavior is a disgrace and totally disrespectful to players, fans, and everyone involved with tennis.

This is exactly what Federer did NOT say.

finishingmove
01-27-2009, 10:10 PM
hey not everyone is tough enough to play tennis with mono.

and since federer knows nothing of djokovic's health he should keep his mouth shut regarding that.

this win over del potro has awakened the ego obviously. he should just feel lucky until he loses to nadal in the final.

Zaba
01-27-2009, 10:10 PM
example: Rafa has HUGE blisters in his feet in Rome '08 and could barely walk in the match against Ferrero and that's why he retired :shrug:

He didn't retire - he continued playing :worship: and Ferrero won.

Federer is right, but undiplomatic to say all that in public. Doesn't he have to work with Djokovic on the Player Council? :shrug:

crude oil
01-27-2009, 10:11 PM

i found his answer to be straightforward.

Q:were you surprised at his retirement?
A: No, it is not like it hasn't happened before.

that is not an exact quote, but it was pretty much to that extent. It was a very obvious answer.

petar_pan
01-27-2009, 10:11 PM
i don't know why how isn't djokovic's funs infra di to defend him after this.he should to walkover until the match finnish,everybody see that except them.or they really thin that is whole world against djokovic?

Commander Data
01-27-2009, 10:12 PM
But sometimes you better just keep your mouth shut. With all these little cheap shots against several of his opponents lately he's really coming across as an arrogant, bitter player whose career really is in decline.

I agree that Fed sometimes seems a bit arrogant (maybe you would be as well if you are the best). But here, i think he is spot on. I don't get why some of you are so wussies and find it so naughty when somebody says what is eveident anyway :confused:

In other sports trash talk is on a completly other level.

LleytonMonfils
01-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Whoever compared the Azarenka and Djokovic scenario is an idiot. Did you not see Victoria's match. She actually looked as if she were about to pass out a few times when she was serving. O yea and she had food poisoning. How can you compare i'm tired, my body can't handle these conditions to food poisoning?

13 GS Titles. I think you can be a little arrogant. You've earned that right.

Caio_Brasil
01-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Still, Djokovic will hug Federer in the next match between them with a big smile in the face, like he always does.

Lullaby
01-27-2009, 10:14 PM
hey not everyone is tough enough to play tennis with mono.

and since federer knows nothing of djokovic's health he should keep his mouth shut regarding that.

this win over del potro has awakened the ego obviously. he should just feel lucky until he loses to nadal in the final.

I mean sheesh - his high and mighty attitude means I am going to have to cheer for roddick / Nadal - didnt see that coming lol

I hope he keeps being an idiot towards muzza especially and ends up getting booed by the wimbledon crowd ;):worship:

dam0dred
01-27-2009, 10:15 PM

I never claimed that he did. That is what I am saying.

I meant that Federer was exactly right in saying what he did and calling Novak out.

Lullaby
01-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Whoever compared the Azarenka and Djokovic scenario is an idiot. Did you not see Victoria's match. She actually looked as if she were about to pass out a few times when she was serving. O yea and she had food poisoning. How can you compare i'm tired, my body can't handle these conditions to food poisoning?

13 GS Titles. I think you can be a little arrogant. You've earned that right.

Being the best should lead you to being a class ahead and not a tool

redreef
01-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Good.

Henry Kaspar
01-27-2009, 10:17 PM
I never claimed that he did. That is what I am saying.

I meant that Federer was exactly right in saying what he did and calling Novak out.

OK. Must have misunderstood then.

Johnny Groove
01-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Federer and Djokovic are the biggest pair of divas I've seen in any sport :lol:

Arkulari
01-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Roger is the president of the players council, and he has to look for the state of the sport, this kind of behavior isn't new on Djoker and it always happens when he's losing a match and it's never a located injury or a known disease, it's always soreness or too much heat or whatever :shrug:

the commentators are gonna ask him about all the players and their behavior because right now he's supposed to look over that and be their voice on the ATP and on the world, he's supposed to call them on their bullshit and I hope he does that when Fat Dave refuses another press conference, when Djoker gives up again, when players refuse to shake hands or behave like jerks :shrug:

Collective
01-27-2009, 10:18 PM
So telling the truth is "being a tool"

The only tool in this story is Djoko the faker.

As they said in the first page: Djokovic to make a calendar retirement slam this year. And Golden Calendar retirement slam in 2012.

MagicMilan
01-27-2009, 10:19 PM
The difference is that it actually was something wrong with Roger :)
Awwwwww :hug:

RogandyFan

Azerenka's retirement looks real. The fact that she retired while leading shows that she really was not fit enough to play on. you said it yourself that there was no coming back for faker in this match. His retirement is considered unsportsman like. Sometimes the honorable thing to do is not about making smart choices. If everyone retires when they are losing, tennis will be considered as a joke of a sport. You should get used to faker taking a beating everytime he retires.

dam0dred
I hope he keeps being an idiot towards muzza especially and ends up getting booed by the wimbledon crowd ;):worship:

Oh yes, questioning Murray's mettle in 5 setters and suggesting it was foolish to paint him as the AO favorite was WAY off wasn't it. Murray sure proved him wrong...

Arkulari
01-27-2009, 10:20 PM
He didn't retire - he continued playing :worship: and Ferrero won.

Federer is right, but undiplomatic to say all that in public. Doesn't he have to work with Djokovic on the Player Council? :shrug:

yes, my bad :o
Djoker is in the council, but the ones that have to actually work closely are Roger and Rafa :)

petar_pan
01-27-2009, 10:21 PM
i said one our before the match,that he is a faker,than gone to bed,didn't watch the match.and then when i wake up i checked a teletext and find he faked again.:worship::worship

that was soo funny.:haha:

and then i remembered djokovic's-roddick's story fro US open

and then i start to laught very much.:haha::haha:

finishingmove

i'm afraid he would have more support than murray there anyway, which just shows the pathetic state tennis is in right now.

GlennMirnyi
"It's not like he hasn't given up before in his career.

Great phrasing, mr.

Il Primo Uomo
01-27-2009, 10:22 PM
As much as I can't stand the EgoKing, he does definitely have a point, and a damn solid one! I mean, what Quittovic did today was just plain ridiculous and pathetic. Oh well, I'm giving up since I only have bad things to say about that quitter.

Lullaby
01-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh yes, questioning Murray's mettle in 5 setters and suggesting it was foolish to paint him as the AO favorite was WAY off wasn't it. Murray sure proved him wrong...

It does not matter if it was right or wrong - It was classless

Murray showed class not lowering to his level and also by giving all credit to fernando after yesterday. Like I said the brits are a fickle bunch and if he plays games with andy at wimbledon, dont be suprised if the crowd switch on him

GlennMirnyi
01-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Federer and Djokovic are the biggest pair of divas I've seen in any sport :lol:

Nadull is much worse. He's just not as vocal because, well, he can't make two decent sentences in English anyway. :shrug:

Nobody complains as much as Nadull about the courts, the schedule, the crowd, the other players, the scheduling...

i'm afraid he would have more support than murray there anyway, which just shows the pathetic state tennis is in right now.

Definitely.

What a sad day when the Wimbledon crowd prefers a guy with a beautiful game over a grinder.

Sad, sad day.

Lullaby
01-27-2009, 10:25 PM

Nah I am suprised at how little stick murray took in the press for yesterdays fiasco, they are coming around to how good he may become and if he is in form come wimby time they will rally up the crowd. If there is one useful function the sun paper provides,it is that it will whip up some awesome patriotism lol

I dont like nole but he was clearly fecked

Johnny Groove
01-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Nadull is much worse. He's just not as vocal because, well, he can't make two decent sentences in English anyway. :shrug:

Nobody complains as much as Nadull about the courts, the schedule, the crowd, the other players, the scheduling...

Not really. He just goes with the flow and racks up titles

MagicMilan
01-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Azerenka's retirement looks real. The fact that she retired while leading shows that she really was not fit enough to play on. you said it yourself that there was no coming back for faker in this match. His retirement is considered unsportsman like. Sometimes the honorable thing to do is not about making smart choices. If everyone retires when they are losing, tennis will be considered as a joke of a sport. You should get used to faker taking a beating everytime he retires.
Ok, Novak was leading against Davydenko in Fed Cup. Why so much criticism after he retired?

the graduate
Thank goodness Djoko is gone I cant stand the Serbian fans with the awefully colored flags

Arkulari
what has Roger said these days:

1. Muzza shouldn't be pegged as favourite because he's not won a Slam and has yet to prove himself on there
RESULT: Muzza out in the fourth round

2. Nando is a dangerous player and has to be watched
RESULT: Nando beated Muzza

3. People shouldn't count Rafa out of the mix
RESULT: Rafa is still there

4. Djoker gave out on the AO match
RESULT: do we know exactly what is wrong with him? General soreness? too much heat? then why ALL the other players aren't giving up because of that? why didn't he retire on other day matches? :shrug:

I gotta say he's been more accurate with his words than with the hawk-eye lately :lol:

GlennMirnyi
01-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Not really. He just goes with the flow and racks up titles

More like: he wins tainted titles from hacks.

Mr. "I'm always injured when I lose" aka "worst loser in the history of the sport".

Even Federer sometimes gives a little acknowledgment to other players.

dam0dred
01-27-2009, 10:28 PM
It does not matter if it was right or wrong - It was classless

Murray showed class not lowering to his level and also by giving all credit to fernando after yesterday. Like I said the brits are a fickle bunch and if he plays games with andy at wimbledon, dont be suprised if the crowd switch on him

That is ridiculous. The pocket of Fed haters on MTF aside, Federer is an incredibly popular figure who has developed an enormous amount of respect and admiration all around the world. You can believe whatever you like but the idea that Federer would be booed anywhere, let alone Wimbledon, is utterly insane.

LleytonMonfils
01-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Being the best should lead you to being a class ahead and not a tool

Really because it would appear to me the Tiger Woods' and Michael Jordan's of the world don't have that arrogant swagger to them either? It's something that comes with being king of the mountain.

FedFan_2007

Yet Roger keeps winning Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship award every year! :worship:

Guy Haines
Yes, me and him does have that in common.

Enough about you already. :rolleyes: Who cares? :shrug:

Federer was asked a question and he gave an answer.

Novak obviously has breathing issues that fitness might never be able to fix.

But he's screwed himself over with all the gamesmanship and lame retirements -- the lamest of which might have been Monte Carlo last year.

FedFan_2007
01-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Don't forget, Roger is the face of tennis and he has a responsibility to tell the truth!

Guy Haines
01-27-2009, 10:33 PM
"It's not like he hasn't given up before in his career.

Great phrasing, mr.

:spit: I agree. I'm enjoying Federer's candor this year.

He has been sour grapes-ish in the past, and that's when he comes off bad. But at this point in his career he's entitled to be be frank about just about anyone and everything he's asked.

And if he ties or beats Sampras's record, look out. The ego really will have landed.

Lullaby
01-27-2009, 10:37 PM
That is ridiculous. The pocket of Fed haters on MTF aside, Federer is an incredibly popular figure who has developed an enormous amount of respect and admiration all around the world. You can believe whatever you like but the idea that Federer would be booed anywhere, let alone Wimbledon, is utterly insane.

I am not a fed hater - He is the best player imo I have ever seen, just not a fan of that gigantic ego

Cant speak for elsewhere but I know my home city and know how the patriotism switches on in an instant around here

the cat
01-27-2009, 10:38 PM
So it's ok to retire just because you feel you're not going to win the match, but when you're leading you shouldn't retire, even if you're going to faint on the court? Wtf kind of bullshit is that?
Lots of players feel faint or weak in the oppresive heat and it's their right to retire from a match whether they are winning or losing. The problem is the crap that Djokovic takes when he does it while others don't receive the same criticism. I don't see why Federer needs to tweak Novak about his quitting again like ge's a dog. No other top player does this besides Federer. Serena didn't say anything other than gracious comments towards Azarenka after she quit in their match. That was nice of her.

Djokovic seems to be alot like Pete Sampras in that he struggles in the heat.

Johnny Groove
01-27-2009, 10:39 PM

Mr. "I'm always injured when I lose" aka "worst loser in the history of the sport".

Come on, you know you love Nadal deep down inside :devil: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qnjxqq9cC0&feature=related

As for the thread, Fed's been talking some good shit this year. If he backs it up with a title here, he might have a shot back at #1 really soon.

Miss Molly
01-27-2009, 10:40 PM
If I was Djok, there is no way in hell I would walk off the court in a match against Roddick after what happened at the US Open last summer. When I heard the result I was shocked in a way, but not surprised. The interviewer asked Federer a question and he got the answer, what was Fed going to say? This is a recurring thing with Djok and it makes him look really bad.

Guy Haines
01-27-2009, 10:50 PM

Now you're talking nonsense. Every player has their pros and cons, from Nadal to Gooch.

GVGirl1
01-27-2009, 10:58 PM
I'd like to hear what Nadal has to say about this.

GlennMirnyi
01-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Come on, you know you love Nadal deep down inside :devil: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qnjxqq9cC0&feature=related

As for the thread, Fed's been talking some good shit this year. If he backs it up with a title here, he might have a shot back at #1 really soon.

I'm not even gonna start this.

Now you're talking nonsense. Every player has their pros and cons, from Nadal to Gooch.

Nadull has any pros?

Guy Haines
01-27-2009, 11:00 PM

1. Muzza shouldn't be pegged as favourite because he's not won a Slam and has yet to prove himself on there

4. Djoker gave out on the AO match
RESULT: do we know exactly what is wrong with him? General soreness? too much heat? then why ALL the other players aren't giving up because of that? why didn't he retire on other day matches? :shrug:

I gotta say he's been more accurate with his words than with the hawk-eye lately :lol:

You nailed it. :yeah: In the past Federer has had a tendency to be bratty with the words. Lately he's just candid and usually correct.

groundstroke
01-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Federer has made a few arrogant comments so this comes as no surprise, but I found it interesting when he mentioned about Nole retiring in Monte Carlo last year because of a "sore throat" - Nole seemed to give up that match to be honest, Federer completely outplayed him.

Remember Fed's comments about him staying in a hotel at Beijing because too many people asked for his autograph?

Or the words exchanged after he trashed Roboduck at AO SF 2007?

cocrcici
01-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Fed Fed tsk,tsk,tsk

FedFan_2007
01-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Bad Fed!

Minerva
01-27-2009, 11:06 PM
the commentators are gonna ask him about all the players and their behavior because right now he's supposed to look over that and be their voice on the ATP and on the world, he's supposed to call them on their bullshit and I hope he does that when Fat Dave refuses another press conference, when Djoker gives up again, when players refuse to shake hands or behave like jerks :shrug:
:spit:

:scratch: Maybe he is God?

Corey Feldman
01-27-2009, 11:17 PM
haha

what goes around comes back around

remember all through last years AO Djokovic was questioning Fed and his status

now look how it is 12 months on

WTG EgoFed :yeah:

FedFan_2007
01-27-2009, 11:17 PM
FedGod?

FedFan_2007
01-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Love the return of the Ego King.

MagicMilan
01-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Nadull has any pros?
one of them is making your favourites look bad, that's a huge pro :D

Tankman
01-28-2009, 02:17 AM
Federer didn't stop with those comments in the clip either....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/01/28/2475980.htm

Djokovic gets little sympathy for quitting

Novak Djokovic abruptly surrendered his Australian Open title yesterday when he wilted in the intense Melbourne heat, but sympathy has been in short supply from his fellow players.

Djokovic threw in the towel midway through the fourth set of his quarter-final with Andy Roddick.

"He's not a guy who's never given up before... it's disappointing," said Roger Federer, who will face Roddick in the semi-finals.

"I've only done it once in my career... Andy totally deserved to win that match."

The on-court temperature at the Rod Laver Arena had soared above 40 degrees Celsius but Djokovic won little support in a sport where players have often gone through the pain barrier in their quest for success.

A dehydrated Sampras once bent over and vomited behind the baseline during a marathon quarter-final match with Spain's Alex Corretja at the US Open in 1996.

The 19,800 fans packed into the centre court thought Sampras was a spent force but the American displayed the fire within him to win at all costs.

He went on to not only clinch the match but also take the title a few days later.

Djokovic has struggled to win fans among his peers and his habit of calling for a trainer on court has often irked his opponents.

He was once rebuked by Federer in a Davis Cup clash between Serbia and Switzerland after taking what the world number two felt was an unnecessary injury time out.

In 2006, Djokovic retired from his French Open quarter-final against Rafael Nadal after losing the first two sets.

A year later he abandoned his Wimbledon semi-final contest against Nadal, blaming a toe blister.

On Tuesday, he became the first men's champion to quit while defending his title since Pat Rafter at the 1999 US Open.

"I did have some retirements but I always retired with a reason. I don't see why anybody should (criticise me)," said Djokovic, the first and only Serbian man to win a grand slam title in Melbourne last year.

"Whenever I retired, I retired because I felt I cannot go on."

Despite his explanation, the episode will probably have dented Djokovic's reputation further.

Roddick was on the receiving end of an astonishing on-court outburst by Djokovic at last year's US Open after the American had suggested in jest that the Serbian was a hypochondriac.

The world number three had complained of so many injuries and ailments during his run to the last eight in New York that Roddick quipped he was ready to face an opponent suffering from: "A (bad) back and a hip? And a cramp? Bird flu... anthrax... SARS... common cough and cold.

"If it's there, it's there. There's just a lot. He's either quick to call a trainer or he's the most courageous guy of all time," Roddick said last September.

Federer was blunter on Tuesday, saying: "I'm almost in favour of saying, you know what, if you're not fit enough, just get out of here.

"If Novak were up two sets to love I don't think he would have retired 4-0 down in the fourth.

"Thanks to Andy that he retired in the end. Andy pushed him to the limits. Hats off to Andy."

-Reuters

Now that's pretty blunt.

castle007
01-28-2009, 02:29 AM
Haha that is harsh from Federer. He is thanking roddick for exposing djokovic's inability to finish tough matches?? That takes some guts

Enjoy Incubus
01-28-2009, 02:34 AM
There should be a rule that allows a player to retire a certain amount of times or just do not present to the match. Both Roddick and Federer are far right on the words they said.

Action Jackson
01-28-2009, 02:41 AM
Federer is just stating the obvious.

10nisfan
01-28-2009, 02:59 AM
Here's an Article that Pretty Much Sums It Up With Djoker's Recent Retiring Incident.
Sorry if it's been Posted already, I didn't read all the Posts in this thread.

http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2009-01-27/783.php

AN EXCERPT from DJOKER'S Interview after The Match With Baghdatis:

Djokovic is certain gruelling matches against Baghdatis, Amer Delic, Jeremy Chardy and Andrea Stoppini would assist his cause.

“I don’t think it’s going to hurt me a lot physically that I had long matches,” he said. “Actually, I will try to use it in my favour. Physically, I feel good.

“I had very good preparational period of a couple of weeks during the off-season, and good matches in Sydney.

“So I feel physically very fit to play best-of-five (sets) every two days.

“I think I’m going to have enough time to recover and wait for the great encounter against Roddick.”

Djokovic dismissed fears leg and foot soreness would be a factor.

“I had trouble with blisters this couple of the matches here in the Australian Open because it’s a big heat and I’ve changed a little the shoes,” he said.

“That’s what usually happens in the start of the season when you don’t play matches for a long time, for a month or two. But it’s nothing serious.”

knight_ley
01-28-2009, 03:00 AM
:lol:

Snowwy
01-28-2009, 03:05 AM

Have you had mono? Take it from someone who has it right now. The fact he made the SFs last year is fucking amazing.

MagicMilan
01-28-2009, 03:06 AM
he believed he was fit, yesterday's match clearly showed he wasn't :shrug:

Ivanatis
01-28-2009, 03:10 AM
If Novak were up two sets to love I don't think he would have retired 4-0 down in the fourth.

huh:confused:

Tankman
01-28-2009, 03:19 AM
huh:confused:

I'm thinking Fed means if that Djokovic was winning easily, he would have hung in there.

Fedex
01-28-2009, 03:21 AM

Unless you can provide some sort of proof, then I'm calling you out for trolling. Federer has never used mono as an excuse for losing last year..... his fans have, yes.

Anyway, continue to deflect away because you know that it's irrefutable. Djokovic is a quitter and is mentally soft. Federer was right to call him out for it.

Xristos
01-28-2009, 03:35 AM
What a champ.

Sebby
01-28-2009, 03:38 AM
Unless you can provide some sort of proof, then I'm calling you out for trolling. Federer has never used mono as an excuse for losing last year..... his fans have, yes.

Anyway, continue to deflect away because you know that it's irrefutable. Djokovic is a quitter and is mentally soft. Federer was right to call him out for it.

:rocker:

peteroger
01-28-2009, 04:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S93YvQiCpE

He totally deserve it. He just made the record of most retirement in grand slam history.
Someone gotta tell joker he is a chicken.

Kolya
01-28-2009, 04:23 AM
Its funny how sensitive Djokovic is towards how people perceive him...

He wants them to like and support him but he continues to act the way he does on court.

habibko
01-28-2009, 04:28 AM
Federer has told the truth, no one can say he said anything wrong, that comes off as arrogant to some people and thats fine, and it comes off as frank and a man who has enough balls to say what he thinks out loud to others and thats fine too, you can never please everyone :shrug:

however the point here is that he said the truth, this no one can disagree with, not even the most fanatic Nole fan, and this is the issue we should focus on.

I believe calling Novak out on his behavior more often will eventually make him a better player, or so I hope :)

orangehat
01-28-2009, 05:07 AM
to be honest, he is correct here.

swebright
01-28-2009, 05:43 AM
Novak can always say "nobody knows what is happening to me except myself" excuse.

Beat
01-28-2009, 08:59 AM
he just says what everyone - and i mean everyone - thinks.

Doggy
01-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Federer is one catty girl. Mirka is really the man in this relationship.

ORGASMATRON
01-28-2009, 09:10 AM
I still think this thread is a joke, i dont see any badmouthing here. Like i said, get a grip.

madrida
01-28-2009, 09:23 AM

I agree completely with you, the_cat.

It was unprofessional of Federer to bitch about Djokovic being unprofessional.

Moreover, you've got to remember that out of Djokovic's retirements, he has retired even though he was leading. And we've all seen numerous times how Djokovic visibily suffers in hot conditions, although he has managed to pull off wins a few of those times.

What Djokovic really has to do is to learn how to raise his tolerance level, but honestly his coach should be the one telling him that, not anyone else.

Månu
01-28-2009, 10:01 AM
The journalist asking the question couldn't expect better from Rodge.

FairWeatherFan
01-28-2009, 10:27 AM
"He's not the guy who's never given up in his career" - so true. Djokovic is a serial retirer and trainer-caller.
With that said, I know Djokovic has had some physical issues in the past (with his breathing IIRC), so maybe we can be too harsh on him as well.

spriwi
01-28-2009, 10:33 AM
:yeah:

reggie1
01-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Was Fed on a bet to see how many times he could say "given up" in an interview? :lol:
Part of me thinks Roger should just not say anything and remain diplomatic but the other part of me thinks, he is really rather clever and manipulates the situation beautifully. :devil: This will get into Novak's head for sure.
I liked Rog-God's facial expression when the interviewer said "Berdych caused you trouble", his face was saying "I don't do trouble! I am Rog-God". ;)

JolánGagó
01-28-2009, 10:59 AM
I liked Rog-God's facial expression when the interviewer said "Berdych caused you trouble", his face was saying "I don't do trouble! I am Rog-God". ;)

That spell is easily breakable, just spout "Wimby-08" or, if you dare :scared: "RG-08" :tape:

Leopold Stotch
01-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Easy to be a smart-ass since Federer never plays under the same conditions and crazy scheduling as Novak so at least you'd expect him to keep his gob shut given his own amazing 'luck' with the draw and scheduling AGAIN

...but he can't resist to get a dig in.

For whatever reason there is a genuine dislike there.

born_on_clay
01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Fed has no respect for other players

Winston's Human
01-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Easy to be a smart-ass since Federer never plays under the same conditions and crazy scheduling as Novak so at least you'd expect him to keep his gob shut given his own amazing 'luck' with the draw and scheduling AGAIN

That's odd! I could have sworn that Federer played Safin in a night match (which followed a three-set women's match) and then turned around to play Berdych in a day match.

reggie1
01-28-2009, 12:30 PM
I wonder if Nadal will get drawn into it? It will be interesting :devil:

speedman
01-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Nadal is not articulate enough in English to bitch about it - he'll just be his usual "humble" diplomatic self. It might be the right thing to do, but it's boring. I'd rather have Fed tell it as he sees it. Notice he refers to himself as having "given up" in Paris once so I don't think the term is supposed to be disparaging about Djoko.

Stefanos13
01-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Federer may be right in the gist of what he said, but it's the way he said it: very cutty, almost maliciously and of course me me me glorious me

rafa_maniac
01-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Nadal is not articulate enough in English to bitch about it - he'll just be his usual "humble" diplomatic self. It might be the right thing to do, but it's boring. I'd rather have Fed tell it as he sees it. Notice he refers to himself as having "given up" in Paris once so I don't think the term is supposed to be disparaging about Djoko.

You're correct, Nadal would be infinately more interesting if he acted against his genuinely amiable nature and allowed himself to be drawn into ridiculous childish debates that have nothing to do with him personally and detract from his tennis abilities. :yeah: :retard:

petar_pan
01-28-2009, 01:00 PM
djokovic retired ONLY ONE TIME when he was leading,because he had flue before the match.dc russia-serbia,davydenko-djokovic.

there are no any badmouth from federer.he just said right thing on polite way.and i don't see any arrogance from him.

Golfnduck
01-28-2009, 01:10 PM
I agree with Roger all the way. He's played injured before, so has Nadal, Roddick, Sampras, Agassi. It shows the heart of a champion when you can get through when you are not feeling 100%.

fangirl
01-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I had a wonderfully bitchy reply all ready for the sending until MTF decided to service error me. So in point form:

1. Fed is clearly in another of his self superior moods and trying to see how many times he could use the phrase "given up". A sponsers bet perhaps?
2. I can see why Nole would have gotten heat exhaustion, the weather was brutal. I don't think he was faking it - he LOOKED like crap.
3. Despite his tendancy to retir from matches, I wouldn't kick Nole out of bed and isn't that what really matters.

Deejay
01-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Nadal wont get involved in this. I suppose its good for the game though that these little tiffs arise, even though its Federer spouting off all the time. Whats got into Federer? Apart from his little jab at a few players in the masters cup a few years ago i can't ever remember him coming out with backhanded comments at all(before 08' that is).

petar_pan
01-28-2009, 01:23 PM
djokovic should watch in ancic.he trow up against, in that time,best-on clay(after nadal) and in life form robredo and win in 5 in 1/8 of 2006 RG .or just remembered that ancic came back after mono and win against robredo after 0:2 in 1/8 of W last year.
doctors said after match that ancic played only 20 minutes more against seppi(he retired in that match,february 2007) that he would be past tennis player because they didn't know that he had a mono.he and they thought that's just some flue.they adjusted just after match he had a mono.

LoveFifteen
01-28-2009, 01:32 PM
This is bad-mouthing?! :unsure:

Oh please! :rolleyes:

If anyone considers this bad-mouthing, then you -- not Djokovic -- are the real pussy. :lol:

reggie1
01-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Hmmm, he used it about himself once and Dok, (I didn't count admittedly) but it seemed like quite a lot. I don't know? Maybe it was just how I took it. Don't get me wrong, I think it's funny if he did mean it like this as it shows just how bitchy men can be. Women are usually bitchy when they feel threatened, is this the case with men or does something else drive men to make catty comments? I still don't really understnad his motivation for saying this, Fed to me, seems to want to be Mr cool, elegant Tennis Icon and above anything and everbody else with his little cream blazer at Wimbledon (I don't mean that in a horrible way because although I'm not a huge fan he is all of those things imo) so why make catty remarks which make him look like something off of Gossip Girl?

Stefanos13
01-28-2009, 01:42 PM
This is bad-mouthing?! :unsure:

Oh please! :rolleyes:

If anyone considers this bad-mouthing, then you -- not Djokovic -- are the real pussy. :lol:
It surely is! It's not the first time Federer uses a situation to diminish somebody else and elevate himself at the same time. What he may not know is that not everybody likes him :devil:

madmanfool
01-28-2009, 01:47 PM
I would say Djokovic's retirement yesterday was legit. He was not feeling well at all and there was no point in continuing. But I haven't forgotten about Monte Carlo either. That retirement was ridiculous. He was losing badly and he just gave up. Disgusting. So he had this one coming in my eyes.
"It's not the guy who has never given up in his career" Can you feel the sarcasm :)

reggie1
01-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Can you feel the sarcasm :)
Well, I'm certainly not feeling the love in that interview, that's for sure :devil:

ASP0315
01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Federer is correct as usual.
I hope as president of ATP council he proposes changes the rules of "injury" Time outs.

safinafan
01-28-2009, 02:06 PM
One defendion champion dosen't give up of an quarter final match. He will only do somenthing like that if he isen't ok. Federer is talking crap again. I don't know why he is so jealous about Nole and Murray. Thats just ridiculous. Maybe because Nole and Andy are such similar players and Roger has afraid of them. Shut up Federer!!! Only the same bla bla bla... :ignore:

rocketassist
01-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Q-u-i-t-t-e-r.

yomike
01-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Can someone post all of Novak's retirements?

Eden
01-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Federer is talking crap again. I don't know why he is so jealous about Nole and Murray. Thats just ridiculous. Maybe because Nole and Andy are such similar players and Roger has afraid of them. Shut up Federer!!! Only the same bla bla bla... :ignore:

Roger already criticized Novak's timeouts when Novak hadn't won a match against him ;)

I saw a bit of the Roddick-Djokovic match yesterday. Novak didn't really looked good out there on the court in the end and therefore it was no surprise that he retired. His past and using of medical timeouts and retiring comes to haunt him so he shouldn't be surprised that people don't believe him when something is seriously wrong with him.

Jaz
01-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Roger already said that he thought Nadal and Murray were talented, but Djoker wasn't someone who impressed him after the first itme they played.

rocketassist
01-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Even the PMK match he played on till he lost the third and decided to quit then, knowing he'd lose the next two.

He's also retired against Stan Wawrinka in a tour final, not to mention the numerous tank jobs- Santoro, Simon, Moya etc...

catatonia
01-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Novak Djokovic (SRB)

All Injuries

Cramps 3/2009 open
Illness 17/2008 19/2008
Illness 6/2008 7/2008
Back 39/2007 41/2007
Lower Back 26/2007 30/2007
Unknown 22/2006 24/2006
Hamstring 40/2005 42/2005
Unknown 21/2005 22/2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All ret. & w/o matches
3/2009 ATP Australian Open (AUS) Hard Andy Roddick Novak Djokovic 6-7(3) 6-4 6-2 2-1 ret. 1/4
17/2008 ATP Monte-Carlo (MON) Clay Roger Federer Novak Djokovic 6-3 3-2 ret. 1/2
6/2008 ATP Davis Cup, RUS-SRB 3-2 (RUS) I_Hard Nikolay Davydenko Novak Djokovic 4-6 3-6 6-4 ret. Rubber 4
26/2007 ATP Wimbledon (GBR) Grass Rafael Nadal Novak Djokovic 3-6 6-1 4-1 ret. 1/2
30/2006 ATP Umag (CRO) Clay Stanislas Wawrinka Novak Djokovic 6-6 ret. Final
22/2006 ATP French Open (FRA) Clay Rafael Nadal Novak Djokovic 6-4 6-4 ret. 1/4
40/2005 ATP Metz (FRA) I_Hard Yuriy Schukin Novak Djokovic 4-6 6-4 ret. q-Second
29/2005 ATP Stuttgart (GER) Clay Galo Blanco Novak Djokovic w/o q-First
21/2005 ATP French Open (FRA) Clay Guillermo Coria Novak Djokovic 4-6 6-2 3-2 ret. Second

rocketassist
01-28-2009, 03:23 PM
I'd also like to know what longtime admirer RFK thinks of this, hailing Faker as some sort of Spartan when he can't handle Spartan-made conditions :lol:

ASP0315
01-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Novak Djokovic (SRB)

All Injuries

Cramps 3/2009 open
Illness 17/2008 19/2008
Illness 6/2008 7/2008
Back 39/2007 41/2007
Lower Back 26/2007 30/2007
Unknown 22/2006 24/2006
Hamstring 40/2005 42/2005
Unknown 21/2005 22/2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All ret. & w/o matches
3/2009 ATP Australian Open (AUS) Hard Andy Roddick Novak Djokovic 6-7(3) 6-4 6-2 2-1 ret. 1/4
17/2008 ATP Monte-Carlo (MON) Clay Roger Federer Novak Djokovic 6-3 3-2 ret. 1/2
6/2008 ATP Davis Cup, RUS-SRB 3-2 (RUS) I_Hard Nikolay Davydenko Novak Djokovic 4-6 3-6 6-4 ret. Rubber 4
26/2007 ATP Wimbledon (GBR) Grass Rafael Nadal Novak Djokovic 3-6 6-1 4-1 ret. 1/2
30/2006 ATP Umag (CRO) Clay Stanislas Wawrinka Novak Djokovic 6-6 ret. Final
22/2006 ATP French Open (FRA) Clay Rafael Nadal Novak Djokovic 6-4 6-4 ret. 1/4
40/2005 ATP Metz (FRA) I_Hard Yuriy Schukin Novak Djokovic 4-6 6-4 ret. q-Second
29/2005 ATP Stuttgart (GER) Clay Galo Blanco Novak Djokovic w/o q-First
21/2005 ATP French Open (FRA) Clay Guillermo Coria Novak Djokovic 4-6 6-2 3-2 ret. Second

so that is 4 retirements in a slam. All of those occasions he was losing.
quite a record for the faker :lol:

MagicMilan
01-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Even the PMK match he played on till he lost the third and decided to quit then, knowing he'd lose the next two.

He's also retired against Stan Wawrinka in a tour final, not to mention the numerous tank jobs- Santoro, Simon, Moya etc...
He was barely breathing @ the end of that match, so STFU :rolleyes:

safinafan
01-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Everybody knows that Nole has asma and the on court temperature was measured in 61 Celsius degrees. Impossible to breath.This heat is inhumane and is the reason for so many retirements this year.

madmanfool
01-28-2009, 06:16 PM
This heat is inhumane and is the reason for so many retirements this year.

Apart from Djokovic only Nieminen and Pavel withdrew and in neither case it was because of the heat I believe. So I don't get that unless you're saying Djokovic is a woman?

GlennMirnyi
01-28-2009, 06:16 PM
one of them is making your favourites look bad, that's a huge pro :D

The only favorite looking bad now is your favorite. ;)

Fed has no respect for other players

Definitely, Nadull is very respectful. :rolleyes:

I had a wonderfully bitchy reply all ready for the sending until MTF decided to service error me. So in point form:

1. Fed is clearly in another of his self superior moods and trying to see how many times he could use the phrase "given up". A sponsers bet perhaps?
2. I can see why Nole would have gotten heat exhaustion, the weather was brutal. I don't think he was faking it - he LOOKED like crap.
3. Despite his tendancy to retir from matches, I wouldn't kick Nole out of bed and isn't that what really matters.

Heat exhaustion? Bullshit. Roddick was fine.

Everybody knows that Nole has asma and the on court temperature was measured in 61 Celsius degrees. Impossible to breath.This heat is inhumane and is the reason for so many retirements this year.

No, players have gone through worse.

Steelq
01-28-2009, 06:50 PM
It looks like Federer's butt still hurts from the last year straight set pounding.

Magus13
01-28-2009, 06:57 PM
The Serena Slam was winning all four majors, not in a calendar year. The Faker Slam, retiring in all four Slams in different years.. Only US open left. I give that a very good chance this year. Go for it Joke.

SwiSha
01-28-2009, 07:00 PM
another class act from Federer

its not his place making remarks about other players, doesnt matter if he is right, he wasnt even involved and still dont stfu, do you and let the others be

thats a champion

Rafa = Fed Killa
01-28-2009, 07:07 PM
I'd also like to know what longtime admirer RFK thinks of this, hailing Faker as some sort of Spartan when he can't handle Spartan-made conditions :lol:

A Spartan is someone who stands up to Fed and kicks his ass in a GS.

Not like Murray someone who puts on a skirt and bends over for "JesusFed" in a GS.

Only Rafa & Nole are real spartans as they beat Fed at GS. Murray is a wannabe like so many others.

petar_pan
01-28-2009, 07:12 PM
i remember when djokovic said in an interview:"i had breath problem before,but today i hasn't. asma is past,now i don't have any problem with asma at all."(that interview eas month ago)and really he didn't have any problem with breathing just with tire.i watched the match for 1st time today and he really faked(i conclude yesterday he faked because many of posters said that)

djokovic's favourite song(he tried to say something to his fun):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unBACOHFXes

Corey Feldman
01-28-2009, 07:15 PM
check my siggy Noleclowns and continue to have a good cry

:haha:!!!!

Bilbo
01-28-2009, 07:15 PM
check my siggy, Noleclowns and continue to have a good cry

:haha:!!!!

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

JolánGagó
01-28-2009, 08:03 PM
check my siggy Noleclowns and continue to have a good cry

When did he say that?

schorsch
01-28-2009, 08:30 PM
yay, faterer almost always played in the nightmatches, he must be happy how he dealt with the heat :D

rocketassist
01-28-2009, 08:33 PM

Not like Murray someone who puts on a skirt and bends over for "JesusFed" in a GS.

Only Rafa & Nole are real spartans as they beat Fed at GS. Murray is a wannabe like so many others.

Kuerten, Safin, Ancic and Horna beat Federer in a Slam, so what's your point??

Smasher
01-28-2009, 08:38 PM
yay, faterer almost always played in the nightmatches, he must be happy how he dealt with the heat :D

3/5 of his matches have been in the evening session. That's 60%, not "almost always"

schorsch
01-28-2009, 09:25 PM
And 50 % of those two he nearly was sent home until the shade came onto court.

ovw
01-28-2009, 09:48 PM
When did he say that?

It was in his post-match press conference. Here's the complete question and answer:

Q. You're not a man that normally calls for trainers. Do you have a view on the habit of players to call trainers and possibly stop matches in the flow of the matches currently and whether that's right or wrong?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, it's a fine line, isn't it? We'll never find the perfect scenario for that. What shall I say? I never usually call the trainer. Exactly.

When I came out on the tour and I was young, and I ‑‑ back then the rule was different. You couldn't ‑‑ what was it, a toilet break any time you wanted except obviously between the two games you were on the court. So you could basically take it at 6‑5 in the third set. So that's changed. Now you can only take them on set breaks, which I think really works out well now.

But then with the trainer, I guess it's a tough thing. I really felt when I was coming up the young players abused it, especially against a player like me. A little bit unsecure [sic] about finishing matches, you lose a set easy, and then you go to the toilet and call the trainer and strap your ankle.

Next thing you know, you're twenty minutes extra out on the court. Things go through your mind. Then once I got out on center court, you know, I guess I got the respect I deserved. People stop doing it against you. I think that's nice, in a way.

Probably on the outside courts it's still being abused at times. It's there to be used, so why not use it to give yourself a better chance to win? You don't fly to Australia to not give it your best shot.

I'm almost in favor to just say, you know what, if you're not fit enough, just get out of here.

But if something really bad happens, okay, it is just unfortunate, I guess. It's a tough call. I mean, I don't know. I guess we'll speak about it and see what happens.

Andi-M
01-28-2009, 09:55 PM

Nadal yes he is king sparta. :worship:

Nole :lol: a spartan throws away his GS title because he is too hot??? He dosent know how to fight for anything this boy.

As for Murray best is yet to come he will def. Fed in a GS without a doubt at Wimby or USO.

Yves.
01-28-2009, 10:38 PM
He's so right!

decrepitude
01-28-2009, 10:52 PM
I wonder if Djokovic knows that two girl juniors, 16yr-old Heather Watson of GB and her opponent Miyabe Inoue of Japan, had to play right through the worst heat? They had just started their third set when the extreme heat policy came into force, and before long were the ONLY players still playing at Melbourne. They got only a ten-minute break, when Heather says she drank a lot and was in and out of a cold shower several times. She felt dizzy and saw black before her eyes, but carried on because she was determined to win.

Nole a Spartan? Yeah, right.

FedFan_2007
01-28-2009, 11:02 PM
I wonder if Djokovic knows that two girl juniors, 16yr-old Heather Watson of GB and her opponent Miyabe Inoue of Japan, had to play right through the worst heat? They had just started their third set when the extreme heat policy came into force, and before long were the ONLY players still playing at Melbourne. They got only a ten-minute break, when Heather says she drank a lot and was in and out of a cold shower several times. She felt dizzy and saw black before her eyes, but carried on because she was determined to win.

Nole a Spartan? Yeah, right.

That's so unfair to Nole! He plays world-class tennis against Giants like Andy Roddick! Junior tennis is just knocking the ball back and forth! Go easy on poor Nole! Maybe he needs a pacifier. :baby::baby:

JolánGagó
01-28-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm almost in favor to just say, you know what, if you're not fit enough, just get out of here.

But if something really bad happens, okay, it is just unfortunate, I guess. It's a tough call. I mean, I don't know. I guess we'll speak about it and see what happens.

Priceless.

JolánGagó
01-28-2009, 11:33 PM
That's so unfair to Nole! He plays world-class tennis against Giants like Andy Roddick! Junior tennis is just knocking the ball back and forth! Go easy on poor Nole! Maybe he needs a pacifier. :baby::baby:

Yeah, and the body of a 21yrs male profesional player is the same as a girl of 16 :lol:

Keep trolling :yeah:

W!MBLEDON
01-28-2009, 11:37 PM
example: Rafa has HUGE blisters in his feet in Rome '08 and could barely walk in the match against Ferrero and that's why he retired

nadal didn't even retire in that match

also i find it funny how djokovic is bitching and retiring in the 36 degree heat when two women played a full match in about ten degrees hotter :haha:

Minerva
01-29-2009, 12:44 AM
He is right but he should be above this kind of comments.

Unfortunately Federer is getting as classless as a toothless prostitute...

Or maybe he is just missing the spotlight.

Sebby
01-29-2009, 12:59 AM

*looking at your avatar* :speakles: :drink:

FedFan_2007
01-29-2009, 01:30 AM
He is right but he should be above this kind of comments.

Or maybe he is just missing the spotlight.

Roger gets more Google hits then Nadal. :devil::devil::devil:

FedFan_2007
01-29-2009, 01:31 AM
Yeah WTF is that avatar?

pricdews
01-29-2009, 01:37 AM
Maybe Federer is correct, but this shows he's scared. Djokovic threatens him and this was a poor attempt to get in his head.

Hopefully Djokovic will see what full-out commitment to training has done for Roddick and Verdasco this year (and somewhat for Murray last year). I know he's only young once and wants to avoid burnout but at some point he's going to risk losing confidence if he doesn't fully commit to the heavy schedule of training and competiting that is required at the top.

Quadruple Tree
01-29-2009, 01:44 AM
I don't know. He certainly didn't look scared when he was beating Djokovic at the US Open.

GlennMirnyi
01-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Maybe Federer is correct, but this shows he's scared. Djokovic threatens him and this was a poor attempt to get in his head.

Hopefully Djokovic will see what full-out commitment to training has done for Roddick and Verdasco this year (and somewhat for Murray last year). I know he's only young once and wants to avoid burnout but at some point he's going to risk losing confidence if he doesn't fully commit to the heavy schedule of training and competiting that is required at the top.

Federer is awfully scared... that's why the H2H is 7-2. :lol:

octatennis
01-29-2009, 02:34 AM
the revenge is going to be sweet for djokovic in their future matches.

pricdews
01-29-2009, 03:05 AM
Federer is awfully scared... that's why the H2H is 7-2. :lol:

27-21 is why he is scared. But I'm not sure what he can say to get unders Rafa's skin so it's all a lost cause anyways.

Mimi
01-29-2009, 03:15 AM
i don't know how serious was Nole in that match, but in my opinion, he should have finished the match, just played a few more games and let Roddick won squarely ....

Leopold Stotch
01-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Exactly.

Could be that the extreme conditions exacerbated something else like a cold, food poisoning (common in Australia) or his asthma (which he never talks about).

No amount of training can prevent something like that.

He was clearly not 100%

Everyone saw it.

Except Federer, who for some reason felt the need to make a smart-ass comment about it.

Jōris
01-29-2009, 11:11 AM

Djokovic should have stayed on court for the remainder of the set out of respect for the audience and his opponent. I hope he will learn from his critics, such as Captain Cardie, and become a better competitor.

thesupreme
01-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Djokovic undercover betting scam anyone? Why make money winning when u can make more LOSING...lol ;)

petar_pan
01-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Exactly.

Could be that the extreme conditions exacerbated something else like a cold, food poisoning (common in Australia) or his asthma (which he never talks about).

No amount of training can prevent something like that.

He was clearly not 100%

Everyone saw it.

Except Federer, who for some reason felt the need to make a smart-ass comment about it.

i remember when djokovic said in an interview:"i had breath problem before,but today i hasn't. asma is past,now i don't have any problem with asma at all."(that interview ewas month ago)and really he didn't have any problem with breathing just with tire in his roddick's match.but he could fight until the end,but he is a faker.

Corey Feldman
01-29-2009, 12:54 PM
what goes around comes around again, i said earlier

Roger came into last years AO having been unwell (which we now know was glandular fever) and through the rounds Novak & family had been flapping their big mouths about how beatable he'd be and how vunerable he is.

well , boot is on the other foot now son - enjoy it.

dont look for the sympathy now - just GET OUT OF HERE

JolánGagó
01-29-2009, 01:56 PM

:lol: WTF?

Everyone saw it.

No. Only delusional Noletrolls "saw" it. Even legit Nole fans aknowledge he should've stayed on court.

pricdews
01-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Djokovic should have stayed on court for the remainder of the set out of respect for the audience and his opponent. I hope he will learn from his critics, such as Captain Cardie, and become a better competitor.

I get the whole expected sportsmanship tradition but Djokovic wasn't going to win and his body was failing him. That's the perfect setup for creating an injury. People here seem much more willing to gamble with Djokovic's season and career than he is. Odd isn't it? Would standing on court and not moving as Roddick aced him repeatedly have been a good display of sportsmanship? I think the tennis world ought to reconsider the tradition of gutting it out to the finish in sure-loss situations. A tap-out with the idea of fighting another day seems a more reasonable approach.

And I agree with the thought that Djokovic may have asthma. Despite his denials, he may be covering a vulnerability and is just unwilling to admit it. Or he partied too much during the short tennis offseason, I don't really see the evidence to know for sure either way.

Joretus
01-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Djokovic could have just stayed allmost standing and giving those last games for Roddick, if he felt he couldn't fight. IF it would be just about his health issues why he never retires when leading? I mean it can't be that he wouldn't ever have problems with health when leading...

madrida
01-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Agree completely, pricdews.

Djokovic could have just stayed allmost standing and giving those last games for Roddick, if he felt he couldn't fight. IF it would be just about his health issues why he never retires when leading? I mean it can't be that he wouldn't ever have problems with health when leading...

Well logically, problems with health would affect the way he plays hence causing him to play badly and NOT be leading.
But he did retire while leading 2 sets to 1 against Davydenko, and though that wasn't a GS, during Wimbledon 07 Nadal and him had won a set each and while Nadal was leading 4-1 in the third and you could say would presumably (ONLY presumably)take the third, trailing by a set is hardly a situation you can't come back from - he could have gone on to win the 4th set.
He has lost tons of matches playing the whole thing out and not retiring, why retire only at certain matches? Because he was suffering from health issues during those matches is the answer that comes to mind.

pricdews
01-29-2009, 06:34 PM
I'd think it'd be smarter to risk injury only in matches that he has a chance to win?

Arkulari
01-29-2009, 06:49 PM
but he wasn't dealing with an almost injury, his "reasons" were: general soreness, sore throat... :rolleyes:

if Djoker has an issue let's say for example: wrist, knee, back, ok, you might not want to risk the injury, but if you're not, then why? :shrug:

kaylee
01-29-2009, 07:23 PM
The point here is the "cry wolf" once too often scenario. If Nole keeps doing it then if he has a legitimate reason for quiting a match people still won't believe him. It was very sad to see him give up BUT you have to train for these conditions and for whatever reason he just wasn't ready and Andy was.

Leo
01-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Lol. Well said!

Joretus
01-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Agree completely, pricdews.

Well logically, problems with health would affect the way he plays hence causing him to play badly and NOT be leading.
But he did retire while leading 2 sets to 1 against Davydenko, and though that wasn't a GS, during Wimbledon 07 Nadal and him had won a set each and while Nadal was leading 4-1 in the third and you could say would presumably (ONLY presumably)take the third, trailing by a set is hardly a situation you can't come back from - he could have gone on to win the 4th set.
He has lost tons of matches playing the whole thing out and not retiring, why retire only at certain matches? Because he was suffering from health issues during those matches is the answer that comes to mind.

Your saying would suggest that Djokovic is losing in GS' allmost only because of his health issues. Then we could come down to two q's. 1)should he train better 2)If he has so bad problems with his health why those would just pop up when losing. And of course we could ask why others aren't retering so often when obviously there have been serious issues with their health as well...

madrida
01-30-2009, 04:31 AM
Your saying would suggest that Djokovic is losing in GS' allmost only because of his health issues. Then we could come down to two q's. 1)should he train better 2)If he has so bad problems with his health why those would just pop up when losing. And of course we could ask why others aren't retering so often when obviously there have been serious issues with their health as well...

Nono, it actually suggests that Djokovic loses matches because he plays not good enough or other players are just better, but retires from matches because of health issues. And the second Q, again, it is likely the health issues that cause him to lose his lead in the first place, not that they pop up when he is losing. Look at the Roddick match when he actually won the first set, and also the Wimbldeon'07 match. He WAS in the lead initially, but his playing got progressively worse as he appeared visibly weakened.
For the qn about whether he should train better so as to possibly get fitter, yes you're totally spot on, that is something I completely completely agree with which I brought up in another post earlier in this thread.
However, I dont think you should compare the seriousness of Djokovic's health issues with those of the other players because really, one illness may manifest very different in two people and have drastically different ramifications depending on the constitution of the people in question.
Just my two cents worth :)

ORGASMATRON
01-30-2009, 04:40 AM
what goes around comes around again, i said earlier

Roger came into last years AO having been unwell (which we now know was glandular fever) and through the rounds Novak & family had been flapping their big mouths about how beatable he'd be and how vunerable he is.

well , boot is on the other foot now son - enjoy it.

dont look for the sympathy now - just GET OUT OF HERE

EXACTLY, this is what this thread comes down to. End of story.

FedFan_2007
01-30-2009, 04:41 AM
Like I said - no mercy for Fakervices!

leng jai
01-30-2009, 05:02 AM
How are the faker tards still defending this shit? Pathetic.

the graduate
01-30-2009, 06:25 AM
everyone bashes joko here s reference www.realtalkny.net scroll down to hot links...teehee!!!really hilarious

Jōris
01-30-2009, 08:43 AM
everyone bashes joko here s reference www.realtalkny.net scroll down to hot links...teehee!!!really hilarious

link is nsfw

Castielo
01-30-2009, 11:49 AM
One guy weak like grandpa, other guy fussy like grandma. Watta couple.

XXX13
01-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Fed just make intermezzo for himself.

maki925
01-31-2009, 06:10 PM
What should happen ,so bigmouth Roger can stop for a while whit this?

Misterman
02-01-2009, 01:14 AM
Your the biggest dumbass ive met in my life.

Says the man who spelled "your" incorrectly.
Oh irony, I love you.:worship:

Corey Feldman
02-01-2009, 01:17 AM
LETS WATCH IT AGAIN

6S93YvQiCpE

the graduate
02-01-2009, 03:02 AM
Roger is really bitching here,who is he to admonish Joko in front of the whole world...is he the law and order of the men s tour.He should sit his ugly Tarantino ass down

MIMIC
02-01-2009, 02:08 PM
What a hypocrite this man is. He lashes out at Novak for retiring and then Federer goes and tanks the last two games in the final because he is losing.

Steelq
02-01-2009, 02:17 PM
LETS WATCH IT AGAIN

gyPEwjTFc-I

Karma is a bitch son.Don't badmouth your opponents when they did nothing wrong to you.

Commander Data
02-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Well. I was supporting Roger but when you talk you also have to deliver. Federer couldn't. He is mental weak. There is nothing wrong about that. But I don't think he is really much more a fighter then Nole. They are both great players but also girly mens. One is tempted to say. If you are not strong enough dont go out there. Federer should keep his mouth shut and let the racket do the talking.

scarecrows
02-01-2009, 03:00 PM
What a hypocrite this man is. He lashes out at Novak for retiring and then Federer goes and tanks the last two games in the final because he is losing.

first of all it was not tanking and second is better tanking and giving the opponent a chance to see a full score next to his name rather than seeing "RET" and making people wonder if a player won on his merit or because the opponent injured himself when it was not the case

MagicMilan
02-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Federer didn't tank, he's a mental midget

FNT
02-01-2009, 03:34 PM
WTF? After the match is finished, a player can take his dick out and swing it around for all I care. Fed lost a 5-setter against his bitter rival and was emotional AFTER the match. Djokovic wouldn't even have finished a 5-setter, he'd have retired after Rafa had broken his serve for the first time.

Jōris
02-01-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm almost in favour of saying, you know what, if your gut is not big enough to beat non-mugs, just get out of here.

MIMIC
02-01-2009, 09:20 PM
first of all it was not tanking and second is better tanking and giving the opponent a chance to see a full score next to his name rather than seeing "RET" and making people wonder if a player won on his merit or because the opponent injured himself when it was not the case

Roger GAVE UP. Those last two games, he was playing like he already knew that Nadal would be lifting the trophy in a few minutes. You can argue that it's better than retiring (if that helps you sleep at night) but it's essentially the same thing.

Roger didn't look like he was going to pass out on the court; Novak DID...and therefore retired. Roger is a hypocrite and should keep his mouth closed.

gaitare
02-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Roger GAVE UP. Those last two games, he was playing like he already knew that Nadal would be lifting the trophy in a few minutes. You can argue that it's better than retiring (if that helps you sleep at night) but it's essentially the same thing.

Roger didn't look like he was going to pass out on the court; Novak DID...and therefore retired. Roger is a hypocrite and should keep his mouth closed.

It was rather a panic attack, or being overwhelmed by emotions, I wouldn't call this giving up.

rocketassist
02-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Fed was knackered because he had fought his heart out and the emotion at the end was because he had fought bravely and lost.

If Faker was in his place it would have been 7-5 4-2 ret.

luie
02-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Fed took his beating to the end,that's the difference between him and Novak.:)

Hokit
02-02-2009, 03:51 AM
Last year the heat was about the same and yet he didn't retire from a match, wonder why? oh, yeah, because he was winning :rolleyes:

The same?? Not really. Last year, there wasn't a five day heatwave where temperatures averaged over 40 degrees celcius (about 108 farenheit).

the graduate
02-02-2009, 04:22 AM
joko is still a faker

safinafan
02-02-2009, 05:19 AM

:yeah:

LBrock44
02-02-2009, 05:23 AM
Jokerbitch is a disgrace to tennis. He has retired in more matches than the rest of the top players combined. Yeah, Roger played a really tight final. He does that against Nadal. Nadal has his number, and Roger had so much at stake in that match. I see nothing wrong with what he did. It's about time the top PROFESSIONALS on the tour call out this joker and get him to realize that he is getting paid a whole lot of money to play a game. You don't quit because it's hot or because you have a sore throat.

the graduate
02-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Rafa is the only mature classy guy in the top ten,in fact he is much more mature than Roger.He never badmouth other players to the media really a class act.

the graduate
02-02-2009, 06:49 PM
LETS WATCH IT AGAIN

gyPEwjTFc-I

Karma is a bitch son.Don't badmouth your opponents when they did nothing wrong to you.I am sure Nole and Dirty Dijana had the last laugh over this,I dont blame them Roger has dissed them over and over again.I think Roger is not dealing well with the fact that he is no longer invincible,he has to belittle other players to feel good about himself.:o

safinafan
02-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Roger is paying a high price for the badmounths and arrogance. What is missing is more humble from Roger, he needs a coach, he isn't invencible anymore.

Corey Feldman
02-02-2009, 07:40 PM
:lol: @ Nole fans...

reduced to revenge attacks through other players while Nole's sits at home during another GS final

Rafa is the only mature classy guy in the top ten,in fact he is much more mature than Roger.He never badmouth other players to the media really a class act.nah he just shouts around the court "PUTA" everytime they out do him in a rally

MalwareDie
02-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Mugswine (Nadull) is the most immature of all the top 10. Roddick's rebuttals against the linesmen are not as bad as what Mugswine does.

Corey Feldman
02-02-2009, 07:46 PM
shut up FedFan_2007

xargon
02-02-2009, 11:31 PM
I am sure Nole and Dirty Dijana had the last laugh over this,I dont blame them Roger has dissed them over and over again.

I'm sure Murray ( I can beat him anytime in a 5 setter) and del Potro ( i happily put him out of his misery) are smirking also.

xargon
02-02-2009, 11:35 PM
i remember when djokovic said in an interview:"i had breath problem before,but today i hasn't. asma is past,now i don't have any problem with asma at all."(that interview ewas month ago)and really he didn't have any problem with breathing just with tire in his roddick's match.but he could fight until the end,but he is a faker.

You think he is going to announce he has asthma? It would ruin his career. Think, man.

Mohammad
02-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Rafa is the only mature classy guy in the top ten,in fact he is much more mature than Roger.He never badmouth other players to the media really a class act.
The best post that I've read today.

Mr. Oracle
02-03-2009, 01:45 AM
" Originally Posted by the graduate:
Rafa is the only mature classy guy in the top ten,in fact he is much more mature than Roger.He never badmouth other players to the media really a class act. "

Yep, Rafa is the classiest, and more importantly, HUMBLEST player on tour which will win him a ton of fans despite his moonballs.

Second, if Federer wants to be seen as an example of proper tennis protocol, he should learn from Sampras and Rafa not to make excuses on why he lost, ie: sore shoulder, fatigue, flu etc. His post match interviews leave a lot to be desired in terms of sportsmanship and respect towards the players that defeat him. The rule is never talk about what ails you in such situations.

So Roger, you too need to have more respect for the game of tennis. Your ego is soon to be brought very low and you will have no more excuses.

TennisAddicted
04-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Djokovic gave a lesson to Federer.
Nice to see him swallowing his words :)

Sander.
04-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Federer is totally right.

Mr. Oracle
04-04-2009, 12:18 AM
No ball bouncing or injuries today fedtard. How's it feel being Djoko's bitch?

andylovesaustin
04-04-2009, 01:40 AM
Well, it seems the joker is having the last laugh!

;)

ORGASMATRON
04-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Djoker deserves to be badmouthed.

End of this thread.

andylovesaustin
04-04-2009, 02:07 AM
Djoker deserves to be badmouthed.

End of this thread.

Ah, bitter------------------- much???????????????????????

Corey Feldman
04-04-2009, 02:54 AM
karma hit you back here Fed

but i still love what you did to him at AO anyway :haha::yeah:

end of the day

Fed - Nole

13 > 1

luie
04-04-2009, 02:57 AM
karma hit you back here Fed

but i still love what you did to him at AO anyway :haha::yeah:

end of the day