Winter Indoor Season 2009 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Winter Indoor Season 2009

soulage
01-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Anyone has an idea for the title :confused: ?

Schedule could be :
Heilbronn
Zagreb ?
Rotterdam Q
Marseille
Dubai ?

In Heilbronn he plays the deutsch WC: Stebe first round http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/1/posting/2009/460/mds.pdf and no doubles, it seems he don't care of his doubles ranking :sad:

Marine
01-25-2009, 07:04 PM
You mean, which title will he win ??? :o:p
Any idea. ;)

soulage
01-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Come back of Clement/Llodra in Rotterdam http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=137181

Today in Heilbronn he beats the young Stebe 6-3/7-5 but it was tough for Arno to break that guy :devil: Thursday he'll play Pless.

Marine
01-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Great ! Happy to see them back together :D

Via
01-27-2009, 11:07 PM
it's hard to get used to arnaud or any player playing while melbourne is still on.

hope he gets back to better form in the next few weeks. well, at least his melbourne conquerer verdasco is still alive and playing today, so his loss was not so shameful. (it's more shameful losing to peter luczak imo :o)

edit: now verdasco is in the semis! with a better draw, arnaud should have been in the quarters :lol: :p

Hangdog
01-29-2009, 05:36 PM
No one is happy to see Arnaud in the quarterfinal? :p
He beat Pless 6-2 1-1 ret. and will play next against Karol Beck who kindly eliminated first seeded Lu.
In Heilbronn he plays the deutsch WC: Stebe first round http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/1/posting/2009/460/mds.pdf and no doubles, it seems he don't care of his doubles ranking :sad:
It's rather odd, the doubles thing :scratch: A sort of another "I'm going to concentrate on singles" case?

soulage
01-29-2009, 07:14 PM
These match are not very useful for his level i think : a young guy who defended only his serve and a guy who retired :rolleyes: but he won 18 pts lol. The points in a big challengers like this one are ridiculous :eek: except for the winner.

He's in Zagreb Main list now but he'll probably not play doubles there because Marco plays with Paulo and since Micka pulled out from Zagreb I'm not sure we'll see them in Rotterdam.

Marine
01-29-2009, 08:44 PM
No one is happy to see Arnaud in the quarterfinal? :p
He beat Pless 6-2 1-1 ret. and will play next against Karol Beck who kindly eliminated first seeded Lu.

It's rather odd, the doubles thing :scratch: A sort of another "I'm going to concentrate on singles" case?

All these unknown challengers in germany, croatia, not easy to be motived to go there...

Via
01-29-2009, 10:11 PM
All these unknown challengers in germany, croatia, not easy to be motived to go there...

used to be that tour level players play some challengers to pick up more points and rebuild their game... but 18 points for winning two matches and getting into the quarters, like soulage pointed out, is really measly :rolleyes: (though i acknowledge that he won them too easily :lol:)

why not go to exotic locations around europe, marine? that aspect seem quite pleasant to me (perhaps not in winter)

Marine
01-29-2009, 10:29 PM
croatia's mediterranean coast is a lovely place...in summer
but germany...ugh...especially in winter, no way ! :p

After 2 weeks in australia and a few days at home, I guess arnaud doesn't find these tournaments so exotic ! lol

soulage
01-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Lost 3-6/4-6 In first set he was broken on his first service game while he was up 40-15 then he won easily his others service games but had no break opportunities.In second set he came back from a break on first service game :rolleyes: to lead 4-1 but lost the 5 following games and the match :o.

His stats on first serve are as awful as against Stakhovky. When you serve under 40% of first serve by set you can only pray for a win :devil:. I know his motivation for this challenger was not at the top :lol: but it stresses the problem of first serve. Zagreb is not the more exciting tournament but he needs a good results because his wins since the beginning of the year are not convincingly :p

Marine
01-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Do you think it's possible to try to improve his service over 30' ? :lol:
Service is the most important shot, Arnaud should do something with his :p
ah.. why not ?

Merci soulage for the stats.

soulage
01-31-2009, 12:58 PM
He has already been <30% in two sets against Stakhovky :devil:. In Zagreb, he draws Cilic who is really good since the start of the year and in Croatia he will be very motivated. In a way it's more exciting for Arno than playing against Beck in Heilbronn but considering the way he plays :p it will be tough to do an upset.

Via
01-31-2009, 11:11 PM
drawing cilic in croatia is a bad draw indeed.

arnaud has served much better in the past, he doesn't have to improve it, he just needs to find it. when his form is off, every shot is off.

maybe he really wasn't motivated by a challenger quarter final :rolleyes: losing 5 games in a row to lose the match seems to me a lack of focus, apart from any other reason.

soulage
02-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Today in Zagreb, our fabulous handball team beats Croatia in the final of world championships :bigclap:. Tomorrow in Zagreb our frenchy plays against the tall croatian at 5 pm :scratch: :lol:. France 1 Croatia 0 Maybe Arno can take a bit of the winning spirit our national hadball team :unsure: :lol:

Marine
02-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Yes, they did it, I'm so happy, I love the guys :bigclap:
What a suspense ! They confirm their olympic title, great !

Sorry for the off topic, comment, but I'm sure arnaud agrees with us tonight, and he was probably at the match ;)

ugh...well, good luck for tomorrow. I hope he will make some good matches.

Kezzi
02-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Good luck tomorrow! :bounce:
I'm sooo looking forward to see him again in Rotterdam :D I hope has time to sign my book :p
Last year I carried it all around Marseille, because we might still bump into him and in Rosmalen, I just forget to bring it :o :tape:

soulage
02-02-2009, 06:44 PM
4-6/3-6

I have some problems with my connexion at the moment :mad: so i didn't follow the livestream but i put an eye on the livescore. He started slowly and was broken at 1-1 but finished well the set unfortunatly he didn't manage to break Marin. He started very well the second set with easy holds and good returning games but missed 3 BP at 2-1 and finally lost his two last service games in very bad way (love & 15).

As usual a too slow start and not enough good on important points. It will be quite annoying if he beats only guys like Junqueira,Pless,Stakohsky :awww:... He needs a "big" win against a very good player or the frustration will come even if lost to Cilic is "normal". Well, the good news is that he has some times to prepare the qualies of Rotterdam but it will tough to go through. I hope he will not be too tired with all these travels :confused:

Kezzi
02-02-2009, 07:59 PM
I will cheer for him in Rotterdam! :bounce:
And even bring my French flag just in case ;) ( Don't know if I dare to use it, I'm only comfortable acting crazy with player's that don't recognize me :p )

Via
02-02-2009, 10:54 PM
the atp home page featured arnaud v marin in their head to head section yesterday.

naturally i couldn't resist clicking in. it was arnaud 2-0 before the match :o

yeah kezzi go cheer for him, he needs it! i don't think he values my support any more though. i wore a french hat in sydney, and sat through that painful match quietly.

soulage
02-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Rotterdam tomorrow > Arnaud plays Udomchoke on court 2 in the beginning of the afternoon.

edit> he won 6-0/7-5 He was a break down in the second set after a stupid service game at the beginning of the set but he managed to come back. He'll play Ouanna who has a big serve and a big forehand but who can make a lot of UE especially on return.

soulage
02-07-2009, 07:33 PM
I don't find the OP for tomorrow but we already know that with Mika the'll play monday afternoon at 14h against Ignacio Coll-Riudavets & Nadal :o The terrific Rafa who won Doha title with another unknow spanish is not a good draw even in doubles :sad: since he wants to win everything :rolleyes:

Truc
02-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't find the OP for tomorrow but we already know that with Mika the'll play monday afternoon at 14h against Ignacio Coll-Riudavets & Nadal :o The terrific Rafa who won Doha title with another unknow spanish is not a good draw even in doubles :sad: since he wants to win everything :rolleyes::lol: I love lurking in the Clément forum because your posts always make me smile, soulage.

He plays at 11:00 tomorrow against Ouanna. Where did you find the OOP for Monday if you know they play on Monday afternoon already?

Edit: Forget it, I hadn't seen the article on the website (already announcing at what time Nadal is going to step on the court). ^^

Marine
02-07-2009, 08:42 PM
He can't let the small tournaments to the others, the monkey ??? :o

soulage
02-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Many top players play doubles for the train but Nadal play only for the win even in doubles :lol: and yes, the tournament annonce precisely the hour Rafa will put his foot on the court :smoke:

Well good luck to Arno against Joce

Via
02-07-2009, 11:49 PM
He can't let the small tournaments to the others, the monkey ??? :o

even my sister has become a fan now, after having called him gorilla in the past :p think about it marine ;)

i'm actually surprised, after so much play in melbourne, in just two weeks rafa already needs more practice even playing doubles :eek:

mika and arnaud may just be the tough doubles challenge that he needs :devil:

Marine
02-08-2009, 09:41 AM
even my sister has become a fan now, after having called him gorilla in the past :p think about it marine ;)

Honestly, I don't hate him as much as before.
But I still don't understansd why and how people can say he's awesome. :p

soulage
02-08-2009, 05:05 PM
He managed to qualify :) and gets Tursunov who doesn't play well since the start of the year but it will be tough for Arnaud against such a powerful player and maybe Arnaud will be a little bit tired because he plays tomorrow at 11h and then at 14h in doubles. 4 matches in 3 days :devil:

Via
02-09-2009, 01:03 AM
qualified? :eek:

:bounce:

fingers crossed with tursonov... let's see whose poor form will continue! didn't tursunov have to play qualifying somewhere, because he forgot to sign up? lol

btw arnaud's conqueror at zagreb, cilic, has won the title... arnaud must now be considered a good luck charm for anyone who wants to do well at a tournament!

Kezzi
02-09-2009, 09:56 AM
I was there in Rotterdam :D And I think Arno played pretty well. In the second set of the first match I got the idea he already thought he won after that 6-0, so he made it a little difficult for himself. The court was also right next to a training, guess he also was annoyed by the noise and all the people walking around. At that court there's no security to tell people they can't leave when the match is in progress.
Against Ouanna it was difficult to say, UE's on both sides, but also great points :) It was played at court 1, no people walking around ;)

Arno wasn't really that nice to the young fans, after the first match he was on the phone with Bruno and he sent everyone away who was waiting for an autograph. My sister and I wanted to get our books signed, so we got a little disappointed at first, but oh so happy when he noticed us. He stopped, finished the call and came over to sign our books and talk a little :bounce: (That's how I know he had Bruno on the phone, he said it almost immediately, I guess he noticed I'm a fan of both of them :o)

After the second match he was nice to the kids, guess he doesn't mind to sign autographs when he's still on court :p

It was horrible to get back home from Rotterdam yesterday. We were at the train station at 18:00 and were home around 24:00. Usually it takes 1 hour and 45 minutes by train. There was a power failure in Rotterdam, Den Haag and Amsterdam, so we had to wait a few hours, finally a train to another city came, arrived there and had to take a bus to yet another city (which still was 1 hour and 15 minutes from home), take the train there to Eindhoven and from there another bus. But I didn't want to take a bus anymore, so I called my mother to come and get us there :p

I can't go today, so I'll support while watching live scores.
Allez Arno :bounce:

edit: My friend heard Murray say during practice, that he believed the court was slower than last year... It seems they really want Rafa to win :( slower court, he could pick the balls... :rolleyes: But hopefully it helps Arno a little bit too :)

Truc
02-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the report, Kezzi.
The Muzza thing is strange because he said exactly the opposite on TV:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8133128&postcount=59

soulage
02-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks Kezzi :) It's better for you you didn't go today he would have been in an really bad mood :devil: He lost 0-6/3-6 :rolleyes: Only 25 minutes for 1st set. Better at the start of the second but he missed all break opportunities and was broken the game after :o 7 DF only 2 ace & 6/24 on second serve. The stats are really awful. I'm not very optimistic fot the doubles this afternoon lol

A pic from qualies. It seems Arnaud loves the blue this year.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8493/25697691yy5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/25697691yy5.jpg/1/w462.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img210/25697691yy5.jpg/1/)

Kezzi
02-09-2009, 03:17 PM
I think that pic is hilarious :lol:
It says "The winner of the ballkids competition in training".
There were different competitions to enter this year, the wildcards. You could win a wildcard for being Richard's PA, a photographer, cameraman, VIP, ballkid and one or two others I don't remember.
Arno's match is just the right one for a ballkid in training :rolls:

In the second q match he was wearing sort of beige colors for the first set and orange with a purple bandana in the second.
I still have to sort out my pics, I have a cold, I slept during the whole doubles match :o
Maybe I should do that more often, they won 6-3, 6-4 :p

Kezzi
02-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the report, Kezzi.
The Muzza thing is strange because he said exactly the opposite on TV:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8133128&postcount=59
I replied to this, but I think I forgot to actually post :p

It's strange indeed to say different things, I think my friend misunderstood what he said. At least he asked Berdych about the court in training if he also noticed a difference compared to last year.

soulage
02-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Poor ballkids :devil:

For doubles Arnaud was broken two times (after deuce) in second set because of his second serve :smash:

Kezzi
02-09-2009, 04:44 PM
They were lucky, he was pretty nice to them :)
Of course he was irritated sometimes, but overall he was nice to them :p

Hopefully they'll play on court 1 wednesday, I'm also going then :D
It'll be the first time I see Arno and Mika play together :bounce:

Via
02-10-2009, 12:44 AM
urghhh that's a bad loss in singles. he is so obviously below the top 50 or even top 100 band of players. :unsure:

good luck with the doubles, he's lucky when pairing with mika :devil: have a good time kezzi, and thanks for the news and reports!

Kezzi
02-10-2009, 08:24 AM
You're welcome :)
I'll post some of my pictures this week, maybe this evening already.
Have to edit them a little, because taking pictures indoor is a hell :eek: Everything is a little blurred and with weird colors, so if someone has tips for tomorrow, they're very welcome ;)

Via
02-10-2009, 11:01 AM
take a tripod ;) and bump up the iso.

Kezzi
02-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Don't have a tripod, but I could try the iso :)
Thanks!

Not that Arno is playing doubles tomorrow, the tournament really changed this year :rolleyes: It might be just me, but it seems there are less matches on a day. So also less on court 1 :(
Hopefully we'll see him at practice :)

soulage
02-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Pity but the schedule is strange Tursunov who played at 11h monday morning against arnaud will play his second round thursday :confused: Micka play on court 1 tomorrow maybe you'll see Arnaud watching him.

soulage
02-12-2009, 06:44 PM
And a loss in doubles, a close one but a loss :devil: 7-6(9)/5-7/5-10

He's 83# in doubles this week :eek:

Kezzi
02-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Pity but the schedule is strange Tursunov who played at 11h monday morning against arnaud will play his second round thursday :confused: Micka play on court 1 tomorrow maybe you'll see Arnaud watching him.
The schedule is so weird this year. Arno played the whole weekend, then 2 matches on monday and the next on thursday :rolleyes: Same for Micka, while in my opinion they could've spreaded them a little better, also for other players.
Arno agreed with us on the weird schedule :p
We saw him watching Micka, the only one also cheering for him (so cute to hear him go "allez Micka" all the time :hearts: ) Everyone else was afraid they would get hit by Karlovic's racket :lol: I've never seen him so frustrated and throwing rackets around. But on our way home looking through the programme, we discovered it might was because he also lost in the final last year.
After the match we waited for Arno, so we could ask if he would do some more training that day. He already trained in the morning, my friends were at the tournament already, of course we were stuck with train delays and missed it :rolleyes:
He was really nice, told us he would do another training at 4 (and what a session it was, 2,5 hours with Tursunov) We think he likes it to have us around on kids day. He just keeps walking while talking, so we "cover" him on both sides and no kids come to ask for autographs :lol:
After training with Dima, we also asked if he already knew something for other tourny's we use to visit. And he scared us :eek: He told us that Rosmalen was off the calender! We said that it was Nottingham which has moved to another place, but not Rosmalen. We couldn't believe it, but he was really sure. He even said it was a pity, because he likes it there. Luckily for us, he was wrong ;) So, after a little conversation, we said goodbye, because we couldn't go another time. His reaction seemed like he didn't like it for us not to be able to see him and Micka play, because on sunday we told him we'd never seen them play together irl and were happy to finally see a match wednesday. We didn't expect a second round on thursday... I even asked him to say hi to Bruno for me :o Hopefully it gets Bruno in NL one more time :p
So now it's waiting for Arno to discover that Rosmalen isn't dead, be happy about that and to decide to play there ;)

Micka was also funny, I still needed him to sign my flag. I was waiting for him and at the same time he wanted to take a pen from a kid to sign something, he noticed my flag and came up to me right away with "ca va?" :lol:
I knew what to answer, because after Micka's match we had practice, haha. Arno asked us the same and we were like "ehm... (think think think)... ca va bien, et toi?" :rolls: It's about the only French we know and we still have to think about it :o
At least he noticed the French flag, a Dutch hostess asked me why I would let Benneteau sign it, she thought it was Dutch :rolleyes: The white part is almost full, I just need to get Seb's signature, Recouderc's and if I'm lucky I might get Thierry Tulasne to sign it. He's always telling me "No, I'm just a coach", but when I say that he's not, he gets happy and lets me take a pic or so. I think it's hard to believe for him that someone my age knows he also played tennis :p Unfortunately Gilles didn't practice after playing against Kohlschreiber, so I didn't see them. My friends said it would be hilarious to ask Thierry and not Gilles. I already have Gilles' sig, that's the one I had to make the biggest effort for :rolls:

Ok, enough text, pictures are coming soon :) I have to edit them a little, my camera doesn't really work with me indoors. In order to get good pics I think you really need a SLR instead of a Hybrid :p

soulage
02-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Great report :worship: It's nice you talk to him even if he makes mistakes about calendar and scared you lol.

Marine
02-13-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm happy for you, kezzi :)
Maybe they said "ça va" because they thought you were french (with ur flag). Or maybe they think everybody is supposed to speak french ! lol

Do you have some pics ?

Via
02-13-2009, 10:39 PM
you really had good luck with arnaud and micka, kezzi :yeah: but maybe it's more than luck :p

yes i agree they might think you're french, cos i got 'how are you' from arnaud before.

i think now we should be scared that a pro player knows so little about tour changes :scared:

Kezzi
02-13-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm happy for you, kezzi :)
Maybe they said "ça va" because they thought you were french (with ur flag). Or maybe they think everybody is supposed to speak french ! lol

Do you have some pics ?
I sure think that was in Micka's head :p the minute he noticed the flag, you could almost see him think "I have to sign that!" ;)
I guess Arno knows we're not French, since 2004 we talked to him quite a few times, haha. And being twins, we're not that hard to remember :)
Maybe he was testing if we'd learned some French after all this time :lol:

And I'll upload the pics tomorrow :)

Kezzi
02-13-2009, 11:11 PM
you really had good luck with arnaud and micka, kezzi :yeah: but maybe it's more than luck :p

yes i agree they might think you're french, cos i got 'how are you' from arnaud before.

i think now we should be scared that a pro player knows so little about tour changes :scared:
That might be true, my friends say I'm impulsive and quite cheeky :o
For example: Last year in Halle they saw Haase walk by to the training courts and started joking "We're Dutch also, we have a connection, so we should ask him to take us with him" Before they knew we were at the training courts, because I ran over and just asked. We're not even big fans of him :lol:
And I like to talk, so maybe that's why there's always something to ask/talk about popping into my head :p

We've got "how are you" too on Saturday and "ça va" on Wednesday :p
I'll stick to my testing theory ;)

I haven't even thought of that :scared: he scared me enough already :p

soulage
02-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Safin-Clement first round in Marseille :tennis: And in doubles they draw Damm/Lindstedt who already won a title this year. Well good luck anyway.

Kezzi
02-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the news :D
Good luck! :bounce:

My laptop is a little suicidal since two weeks, so my pictures are coming tomorrow :) I've been busy all day to get it to work again :(

Marine
02-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Vraiment pas de bol ! :(

Not lucky, poor Arnaud. I hope he will do better in double.

Via
02-14-2009, 10:54 PM
the ballkids can look forward to an entertaining match...

*keep waiting for kezzi's pics* :p

(don't forget to put your name on them, cos you know who may pinch them :o)

Kezzi
02-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah, poor kids :p

*I'm sorry!* I have a big crisis here, my laptop is suicidal since two weeks... so I bought an external disk to back up my files. And now that also doesn't work and my laptop only lets me online, when I start programmes for picture editing, it hangs itself :sad:
Tomorrow I'm taking my harddisk back and make the people save my files somehow. I don't care how they do it, but my pictures and schoolwork is on it and I need them! After that I can take care of my laptop, I first wanted a back up of everything, because I was a little behind on that. (I know, stupid! :o)
Fortunately my Rotterdam pics are still on my memorystick and if I need to I can copy my files again from my laptop (hopefully it stays alive then...) but editing pics is really too much to ask now :(
Most of the time I love the technology available nowadays, but at this point I really don't :p
Thank god for warranty and insurance ;)

soulage
02-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I hope everything will be OK with your files :)

A tough & long doubles match today 7-6(5)/6-7(7)/10-3 in 2 hours. You can see very short video here http://www.dailymotion.com/open13leblog It was better on serve for Arnaud hopefully he will do the same tomorrow he gets the first match of the night session around 7.00 pm.

Before doubles Arnaud was interviewed by children from Arles

http://blog.open13.fr/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/pict0144-mini.jpg

Kezzi
02-16-2009, 09:53 PM
My files are saved and my pictures are uploading to photobucket right now :D

For a second I had to search for Arno in that pic :lol:

edit: the link to my pictures: http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/Eliane3/Rotterdam%202009/
Not all of them, my laptop is just too slow with uploading, but there's more coming tomorrow :)
I attached the picture of my signed book to this post, don't want it on photobucket, it needs special attention ;)

soulage
02-17-2009, 01:37 PM
For a second I had to search for Arno in that pic :lol:[/url]
It's easy it's the one with the red shirt :lol:. The little Arno with little children :angel:

Thank you very much for your pics :worship: Some are really funny :lol: and thanks for sharing the sign and the words of Arnaud on your sign book :)

Today in the local press some articles: http://www.laprovence.com/articles/2009/02/17/730787-Sports-Marat-Safin-au-naturel.php & http://www.20minutes.fr/article/301906/Sport-Arnaud-Clement-s-attaque-a-Marat-Safin.php

Arnauds says that yes Marat is a better tennis player than him and if Marat plays well he will surely beat him :lol: but Arnaud is very motivated and excited by this match . Arnaud says some nice things about Marat like that he shows his emotions on court, very spectacular to watch who is loved by the crowd and a very nice guy who always say "hello".

soulage
02-17-2009, 08:22 PM
4-6/6-3/6-2 :worship:

I watch all the match on livestream and it was entertaining :D

1set: Arnaud was the first to do the break leading 3-1 but Marat broke back. Arno was very agressive at the beginning and Marat needed some games to really enter into the match but when he was it has been more difficult for Arnaud who made more & more faults even if he had break points and he served poorly. From 3-1 for Arno it went to 5-3 for Marat. Arnaud saved one set points on his serve but lost 4-6 in 51 min. Marat hits 9 aces in this first set and generally his serve was very efficient.
2 set : Arnaud broke at 3-2 and hold easily with better serves 6-3 in 34 min.
3 set: Arnaud worked hard to cover the court and broke to lead 3-2 & 4-2. Arno did an other break by love to lead 5-2 and win 6-2.

Arnaud played quite well in first set but his serve was :mad: and since the second set his serve was amazing :eek: It's was his better two sets on serve i saw since a long time. Marat play bad at the end of course :p but also because Arnaud fought on every point and gived nothing.

At the end he spoke to the speaker and said he feels really well physically and took a lot of pleasure on court and he is very motivated.

Bruno, Daddy & Mother (not sure), Guy Forget, DIP, Nolwenn, Pioline and surely many other friends watched him.

Via
02-17-2009, 09:58 PM
what a shock! marat should be ashamed of himself to have let the match slip like that, esp to a guy like arnaud :p

thanks for your pics kezzi!!! i never realised rotterdam has curtains around the courts! how wierd :worship: this one looks like a big school hall!

and the pics are just fine (especially with photobucket's new dark background lol) thanks very much :hug:

It's easy it's the one with the red shirt :lol:. The little Arno with little children :angel:

yes the man with two faces.... usually we see 'the little arno with little children :devil:'

thanks for the match report soulage :yeah:

Kezzi
02-18-2009, 09:33 PM

1set: Arnaud was the first to do the break leading 3-1 but Marat broke back. Arno was very agressive at the beginning and Marat needed some games to really enter into the match but when he was it has been more difficult for Arnaud who made more & more faults even if he had break points and he served poorly. From 3-1 for Arno it went to 5-3 for Marat. Arnaud saved one set points on his serve but lost 4-6 in 51 min. Marat hits 9 aces in this first set and generally his serve was very efficient.
2 set : Arnaud broke at 3-2 and hold easily with better serves 6-3 in 34 min.
3 set: Arnaud worked hard to cover the court and broke to lead 3-2 & 4-2. Arno did an other break by love to lead 5-2 and win 6-2.

Arnaud played quite well in first set but his serve was :mad: and since the second set his serve was amazing :eek: It's was his better two sets on serve i saw since a long time. Marat play bad at the end of course :p but also because Arnaud fought on every point and gived nothing.

At the end he spoke to the speaker and said he feels really well physically and took a lot of pleasure on court and he is very motivated.

Bruno, Daddy & Mother (not sure), Guy Forget, DIP, Nolwenn, Pioline and surely many other friends watched him.
Thanks for the info!
And of course the pic of Bruno, it's nice to see him :) Even though he should take his brothers example and shave :p Looks like he got a little curly hair now, is that right? :hearts:

Anyway, it's good to hear Arno played so well :worship:

Kezzi
02-18-2009, 09:42 PM
what a shock! marat should be ashamed of himself to have let the match slip like that, esp to a guy like arnaud :p

thanks for your pics kezzi!!! i never realised rotterdam has curtains around the courts! how wierd :worship: this one looks like a big school hall!

and the pics are just fine (especially with photobucket's new dark background lol) thanks very much :hug:

yes the man with two faces.... usually we see 'the little arno with little children :devil:'

thanks for the match report soulage :yeah:
You're welcome! I'm uploading the rest right now.
Happy you think they are not that bad :p I always hate it to take pics indoors when I know how much better my outdoor pics are :lol:

Rotterdam only has curtains all around court 1. Court 2 and 3 are right next to each other, separated by those green things you also see outdoors. They only have curtains on the "outside" of the courts on 3 sides. On the "open" side there's the place for the audience :) During qualies court 1 and 2 are the match courts, during the main draw only centre court and court 1 are used as match courts. The rest is for practice (during qualies centre is also for practice and off limits to normal people :p ).

I thinks they use curtains because they use this location for many events. I've went there to quite a few concerts, like Jamiroquai in 2004. It's weird to think that you stand on the same place where the centre court is at the time of the tournament :) But it's also used for conventions, expositions... all sorts of things.

soulage
02-18-2009, 11:11 PM
A loss in a winnable match :sad:

1set: Arno began by being broken after losing the three 3 first points of the match. A very slow start, Misha had just to push the ball to win the points. Zverev held easily with his serving-volley. 4-6 These slow start costed him some matches.
2set: Arno broken at 2-2 on the first BP of the set. Arno got his first BP of the match the game after saved by an ace of Misha. He saved 3 MP on his served and managed to win the next 3 games to win the set 7-5
3set: He was broken at 1-1 & missed 3 BP the game after. He lost again his serve at 2-4 and the match.

Arno began to play quite well at the end of the second set but a lot of frustration after he missed the BP in the third.

A lot of tension and frustration on Arnaud's face today, Mischa was constant but Arno made more errors than yesterday and had a less efficient serve and Misha didn't give point, each time he put the ball in the court and wait errors of Arno.

That's really pity.

Via
02-18-2009, 11:22 PM
where is soulage post, has it disappeared?

anyway arnaud has just lost to zverev in 3, 46 75 26

that's the most he can advance these days, 1 round :shrug:

soulage
02-18-2009, 11:25 PM
You don't see my post ? Well i don't like the game of Zverev who just avoid to do mistakes and Arno can have some regrets.

Via
02-18-2009, 11:33 PM
no i refreshed it twice and couldn't see... only now!

ok i hope he takes the positives away and wins more matches in the coming weeks!

soulage
02-21-2009, 12:23 PM
ok i hope he takes the positives away and wins more matches in the coming weeks!
After this bad loss, he finally goes in Dubai :confused: while he's still in Marseille for doubles semi-final. He will face Schuettler, the guy who always beat him :sad: I don't know if it's a good choice to play again a 500 or maybe he was refused the WC for Besancon. The H2H are 5-1 for Rainer :rolleyes:

[8WC] Marat Safin (RUS) - Richard Gasquet (FRA)
Viktor Troicki (SRB) - Simone Bolelli (ITA)
Rainer Schuettler (GER) - Arnaud Clement (FRA)
Sergiy Stakhovsky (UKR) - [2] Andy Murray (GBR

Via
02-22-2009, 12:11 AM
After this bad loss, he finally goes in Dubai :confused: while he's still in Marseille for doubles semi-final. He will face Schuettler, the guy who always beat him :sad: I don't know if it's a good choice to play again a 500 or maybe he was refused the WC for Besancon. The H2H are 5-1 for Rainer :rolleyes:

[8WC] Marat Safin (RUS) - Richard Gasquet (FRA)
Viktor Troicki (SRB) - Simone Bolelli (ITA)
Rainer Schuettler (GER) - Arnaud Clement (FRA)
Sergiy Stakhovsky (UKR) - [2] Andy Murray (GBR

there's no positive when it comes to playing rainer :sobbing:

but maybe it's time for a revenge :devil:

btw he has not signed up for qualifying @ indian wells.... what's he doing that week?

higherlaw
02-22-2009, 04:34 AM
I haven't been around much, but I'm announcing Arnaud and Mika made it into the doubles final:
A Clement (FRA) / M Llodra (FRA) d [4] S Huss (AUS) / R Hutchins (GBR) 62 76(2)

They'll play Knowl and Ram.

Good luck!

soulage
02-22-2009, 06:38 PM
I haven't been around much, but I'm announcing Arnaud and Mika made it into the doubles final:
A Clement (FRA) / M Llodra (FRA) d [4] S Huss (AUS) / R Hutchins (GBR) 62 76(2)

They'll play Knowl and Ram.

Good luck!
They won 3-6/6-3/10-8 :worship: It's the third time Arnaud won the doubles title in Marseille.

btw he has not signed up for qualifying @ indian wells.... what's he doing that week?
Maybe some rest because playing every weeks since the start of the year :eek: even if it's quite strange to skip a MS.I hope he will try the qualies of Miami at least and we'll see if he enter the Sunrise challenger before Miami ?

kukka
02-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Congrats to Arnaud & Mika! :yippee: :D

Elina

Hangdog
02-22-2009, 07:54 PM
They won 3-6/6-3/10-8 :worship: It's the third time Arnaud won the doubles title in Marseille.
Fantastic news! :worship: Also important points to improve his doubles ranking which has been quite pitiful since the AO early exit.

Hopefully he'll take a good rest and will show decent game in Dubai!

Also thanks so much to everyone for all the news, pictures and interviews, and to Soulage in particular for the match reports :worship:
edit: the link to my pictures: http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/Eliane3/Rotterdam%202009/
For some reason I decided that there were only pictures of Arnaud in your album, so when I opened it and looked at the two first preview pictures, the first thought I had was "How come Arnaud has this Montcourtish haircut?!" lol Hope you wouldn't mind if I post the link to your album on Montcourt's forum, too :)
Thanks a lot for all the pictures, and it was a true pleasure to read your reports from Marseille :yeah: :hug:

Special kudos to Arnaud for this victory :bowdown: Considering my great love to Safin, it has been one of the most pleasant tennis results for me lately :cool:

Via
02-22-2009, 10:41 PM
unexpected gain :clap2:

it's not the ranking, i guess it's the davis cup membership that they care about? i haven't followed that thread so maybe there's all sort of speculation already.

Maybe some rest because playing every weeks since the start of the year :eek: even if it's quite strange to skip a MS.I hope he will try the qualies of Miami at least and we'll see if he enter the Sunrise challenger before Miami ?

well yeah but he only plays one or two matches per week :shrug: still, there's a lot of travelling to do...

and welcome back some long-time (not long-gone) posters:wavey:

Kezzi
02-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Fantastic news! :worship: Also important points to improve his doubles ranking which has been quite pitiful since the AO early exit.

Hopefully he'll take a good rest and will show decent game in Dubai!

Also thanks so much to everyone for all the news, pictures and interviews, and to Soulage in particular for the match reports :worship:

For some reason I decided that there were only pictures of Arnaud in your album, so when I opened it and looked at the two first preview pictures, the first thought I had was "How come Arnaud has this Montcourtish haircut?!" lol Hope you wouldn't mind if I post the link to your album on Montcourt's forum, too :)
Thanks a lot for all the pictures, and it was a true pleasure to read your reports from Marseille :yeah: :hug:

Special kudos to Arnaud for this victory :bowdown: Considering my great love to Safin, it has been one of the most pleasant tennis results for me lately :cool:
Thanks! :hug: and of course it's ok to post the link somewhere else. I'm just too lazy to do that :p
But I assume you mean the reports from Rotterdam? ;) Unfortunately I couldn't go to Marseille this year, my holiday is the coming week, instead of last week :(

and congrats to Arno and Micka! :bounce:

Marine
02-24-2009, 02:59 PM
I didn't follow the open 13 that much (skiing!!). Just knew he beat safin but lost against...??? lol
Well, at least he won the double, but it didn't help him to win his selection in DC ! :sad:

The only pics I found: in the stands with nolwenn. He saw all mika's matches.

http://nsa05.casimages.com/img/2009/02/22//090222043440314466.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/12759427.jpg
http://videos-nolwenn.com/113.jpg
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4437/onlinecopy2.jpg

For Kezzi, on these ones, you can see bruno (and family) ;)

http://photo-video-people.voici.fr/fr/photos/evenement-sportif/2009-02-17/6828/nolwenn-leroy-toujours-aussi-amoureuse/medium/33491-nolwenn-leroy.jpg
Others here... http://photo-video-people.voici.fr/fr/photos/evenement-sportif/2009-02-17/6828/nolwenn-leroy-toujours-aussi-amoureuse.html

Marine
02-24-2009, 03:09 PM
http://media.paperblog.fr/i/162/1622705/open-13-2009-titre-arnaud-michael-L-1.jpeg

Lors de son discours, Arnaud a remercié Mika (pour avoir joué le jeu en double avec lui jusqu'au bout alors qu'il avait aussi le simple à gérer), ses proches, l'organisation du tournoi, le staff médical, le public... et les ramasseurs de balles avec qui il a reconnu être parfois "un peu dur"! :lol:
He thanked everybody, and the ballkids, cos he admited he was sometimes a bit rude with them !

Mika lui, s'est dit très content de s'être imposé chez son grand pote et espère que maintenant, Arnaud va le faire gagner chez lui, à Roland par exemple!
Mika was happy to win in arnaud's hometown, and hopes arnaud will makes win him in his own hometown (paris, RG :D)

kukka
02-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Dubai: Arnaud Clément def. Rainer Schüttler 1-6, 6-3, 6-3 :D Allez Arnaud!!!

Elina

soulage
02-24-2009, 04:01 PM
He lost to Zverev in Marseille Marine I went on the website mentionned on the 2 pics you posted and there are other from Marseille doubles winners.http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/quick-search.html?page=1

My little report from today :) .He lost his two first service game after being down 15-40 on each. In 14 min it was already 4-0 for Rainer. 1-6 in 28 min well done.
Arno did the break on his second BP on the first game of the second set.Rainer broke back while arno was 30-00 & 40-30 up on his serve. Arno did again the break at 2-2 and Rainer broke back while Arno was again 30-00 & 40-30 and even ad on serve pff. I continue because it's funny lol Arno did the break to lead 4-3 & 5-3 to finally win the set on Rainer's serve. It was a WTA set lol
Arno did the break the first to lead 3-1 & 4-1. Arno got 2 others BP at 4-1 that he missed but then held to lead 5-2. He got 2 MP on Rainer's serve saved by the german and he held to 30 to win that's very strange match. He will face Muzza now.

Hangdog
02-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks! :hug: and of course it's ok to post the link somewhere else. I'm just too lazy to do that :p
But I assume you mean the reports from Rotterdam? ;) Unfortunately I couldn't go to Marseille this year, my holiday is the coming week, instead of last week :(

and congrats to Arno and Micka! :bounce:
Yes, sure, I meant Rotterdam, but for some reason Marseille came to my mind instead lol Well, a pity that you had to miss Marseille this year, but anyway it seems that after all Rotterdam qualies turned out to be a tremendous experience, too ;)
I didn't follow the open 13 that much (skiing!!).
:rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

And thank you for so nice pictures :)
He lost to Zverev in Marseille Marine I went on the website mentionned on the 2 pics you posted and there are other from Marseille doubles winners.http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/quick-search.html?page=1

My little report from today :) .He lost his two first service game after being down 15-40 on each. In 14 min it was already 4-0 for Rainer. 1-6 in 28 min well done.
Arno did the break on his second BP on the first game of the second set.Rainer broke back while arno was 30-00 & 40-30 up on his serve. Arno did again the break at 2-2 and Rainer broke back while Arno was again 30-00 & 40-30 and even ad on serve pff. I continue because it's funny lol Arno did the break to lead 4-3 & 5-3 to finally win the set on Rainer's serve. It was a WTA set lol
Arno did the break the first to lead 3-1 & 4-1. Arno got 2 others BP at 4-1 that he missed but then held to lead 5-2. He got 2 MP on Rainer's serve saved by the german and he held to 30 to win that's very strange match. He will face Muzza now.
lol Looks like it was a funny match to watch! And the best thing is the final result :)

BTW, Arnaud is #73 in singles (and #63 in doubles) this week and it's his best result since last August. Looks like the new ranking system fits him well.

Via
02-25-2009, 06:20 AM
wow arnaud took one back from schuettler at last!!! what a pleasant surprise :D

thanks for posting the pics, i've been too lazy/busy to click on any links lately. is arnaud really so lovable that your famous songstress is so sweet on him? :lol:

funny you (irina!) mention his latest ranking... yeah he doesn't seem to be playing any better than the last few months last year, but he must be doing well playing the numbers game :tape:

btw does arnaud have any response to being left out (with mika) from the dc team?

Marine
02-25-2009, 09:32 AM
L'Equipe

Titré en double dimanche soir à Marseille, l'Aixois n'est arrivé à Dubai que la veille au soir. Un timing d'autant plus compliqué qu'il a été victime d'un gag mémorable: " A Francfort, je m'installe peinard dans l'avion en business, mais oh, horreur ! J'apperçois mon sac de raquettes qui reste en rade".
Ses protestations n'interrompront pas le depart de l'avion. Fin de l'histoire ? "Il y avait un vol de nuit, mon sac est arrivé le lendemain matin".
Au grand dam de Schuttler.

:lol:

Got (again) problems with his luggages, his rackets stayed at Francfort and arrived by the next flight the day after.
He's not lucky with the Emirates.

soulage
02-25-2009, 06:43 PM
btw does arnaud have any response to being left out (with mika) from the dc team?
He's too old :lol: no they just built a new team and don't need 2 doubles players. Arno is no more an alternative in single so he's out :sad: Others players can play the doubles & play also in single if it needs.

Titré en double dimanche soir à Marseille, l'Aixois n'est arrivé à Dubai que la veille au soir. Un timing d'autant plus compliqué qu'il a été victime d'un gag mémorable: " A Francfort, je m'installe peinard dans l'avion en business, mais oh, horreur ! J'apperçois mon sac de raquettes qui reste en rade".
Ses protestations n'interrompront pas le depart de l'avion. Fin de l'histoire ? "Il y avait un vol de nuit, mon sac est arrivé le lendemain matin".
Au grand dam de Schuttler.
The luggages of Arnaud are the running gag of the year :lol:

For the loss 2-6/3-6 against Andy today nothing special to say because he's just a really better player than arno :devil: From the baseline andy clearly dominated and was very helped by his serve especially in second set. Arno made some troubles on andy's serve in first set but as arno worked hard to have the BP andy saved them by aces or unreturnables serves. It a logical win for Muzza ;)

From ATP website
ATP World No. 4 Andy Murray was in strong form on Wednesday evening as he defeated Arnaud Clement of France 6-2, 6-3 to reach the quarter-finals of the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships, an ATP World Tour 500 tennis tournament.
A double fault from Clement handed Murray an early break advantage at 2-1 in the first set and the Scot broke for a second time in the seventh game before closing out a one-set lead. A break in the third game of the second set put Murray well on the way to victory, which he secured with a second break of serve in the ninth game – a cross-court forehand winner wrapping up the win after 83 minutes.
"I dictated the match with my serve," said Murray. "I didn't give him many chances after my first couple of service games, and I obviously managed to get into a lot of his service games and put a bit of pressure on him and he made some mistakes."

Kezzi
02-26-2009, 12:11 PM
I didn't follow the open 13 that much (skiing!!). Just knew he beat safin but lost against...??? lol
Well, at least he won the double, but it didn't help him to win his selection in DC ! :sad:

The only pics I found: in the stands with nolwenn. He saw all mika's matches.

[images]

For Kezzi, on these ones, you can see bruno (and family) ;)

Others here... http://photo-video-people.voici.fr/fr/photos/evenement-sportif/2009-02-17/6828/nolwenn-leroy-toujours-aussi-amoureuse.html
I love the way she looks at Arno in the first pic! It's so cute, you can just see she's in love :D
And thanks so much for the pics with Bruno :hug: He looks great :hearts:
Did someone spot his wife in these pics? I really don't know what she looks like and that's one of the things I don't dare to ask Arno :p
Anyway, I'm sure she's fabulous, you just have to be to get a guy like Bruno ;)

Marine
02-26-2009, 08:19 PM
L'Equipe

Clement va prendre la route de Cherbourg avec un petit pincement au coeur à la pensée de l'équipe de france de coupe davis: "chacun sa route, mais c'est vrai que la coupe davis a tellement fait partie de ma carrière que ça va être dur de vivre sans elle". :sad:
(ugh.. i love the last sentence....no, he doesn't talk about a woman ! I like his sensibility :worship:)

soulage, can you translate ? :angel:

soulage
02-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Je parle anglais comme une vache espagnole lol

Clement will now go on the road to Cherbourg with a heartache thinking to the DC team " Everybody has his own way to follow but it's true that DC team has been so much a big part of my carreer that it will be a little bit tough to continue apart"

There was a nice pic of Bruno on Blog 13 during last week http://blog.open13.fr/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/img_5798mod.jpg and i'm not sure his wife was at the open 13 :confused:

Kezzi
02-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks so much! :worship: I love that pic :hearts:
And I think his wife is the one sitting next to their mother.
(Assuming the woman in the white sweater is their mother :))
I never really saw pics of the family, it took my sister 2 days to identify Bruno when he first was in Rosmalen as Arno's coach :p
The first few times we saw him, he was "the cute coach with the blonde pony tail" :lol:

And it's so sweet how Arno talks about DC, poor him :hug:

Via
02-26-2009, 10:31 PM
:sad: maybe he felt the same way towards a woman that he separated from too ;)

but there won't be a replacement for the davis cup team for him.

sorry but what's he doing at cherbourg? is that the next tournament?

Marine
02-26-2009, 10:41 PM
sorry but what's he doing at cherbourg? is that the next tournament?

Eat some good crêpes and drink cidre (normandie's specialities)...and play a challenger :lol:

Marine
02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
And I think his wife is the one sitting next to their mother.
(Assuming the woman in the white sweater is their mother :))

Tout faux ! lol
His mother is not on the pic. I never see her at his matches, or just in doubles, I guess she doesn't like to watch him (too nerbous maybe).
It's probably one of his aunts, or another member of his family.
And the girl next to her is not bruno's wife.

soulage
02-26-2009, 11:01 PM
J'ai lu qu'il y aurait une animation de pétanque aussi lol

Kezzi we don't see the mother of Arno on the pics posted by Marine I will try to do a capture from a video for you and i send you a MP about Bruno ;)

Marine
02-26-2009, 11:11 PM
J'ai lu qu'il y aurait une animation de pétanque aussi lol

At least, he will win it ! (assuming he'll be the only provençal of the tournament ! lol)

soulage
02-26-2009, 11:16 PM
I see the mother few times during the week since i follow a lot of matches on stream. I remembers that i saw her during micka's semi-final but i just rewatch the moment on CG13 where matches are online and indeed we only see a part of his face lol and futhermore behind you have Nolwenn kissing Arnaud :devil:

soulage
02-27-2009, 12:01 AM
I was searching on the pics from La Provence and i found one of the mother next to Nolwenn during Marat Match

http://www.laprovence.com/business/img/photos/biz/diapo/20090218-Open-13-cote-coulisse-et-tribunes/LONWEL-original.jpg

Kezzi
02-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks for all the corrections on my mistake, I just assumed their mother was also on the pic :p
It's possible that she almost never goes to matches, because of nerves. I heard that about Seb's father too, I sat next to him twice in Rosmalen 2003. He was watching the matches, but also criticising Thierry for cheering too loudly. It was so sweet, he was whispering "allez petit" (don;t know if my spelling is right :p) the whole time. You could almost feel his nerves just sitting next to him :)
I think I can understand a little, I can get very nervous too. And then they're just my favourite players, I'm not even family...

Via
02-28-2009, 07:22 AM
I was searching on the pics from La Provence and i found one of the mother next to Nolwenn during Marat Match

http://www.laprovence.com/business/img/photos/biz/diapo/20090218-Open-13-cote-coulisse-et-tribunes/LONWEL-original.jpg

nolwenn is a pretty young woman... but she seems rather 'ghostly' to me... that black hair and white skin :unsure: is it fashionable in france to look like that?

marine, that (cherbourg) sounds like just the right holiday to me :D

Kezzi
02-28-2009, 12:18 PM
I agree. And I don't know if it's fashionable in France :p
But I know now that it's possible to have "whiter" skin than me ;)

Marine
02-28-2009, 02:00 PM
It's not fashionable lol.
But you're right, she looks ghostly on these pics especially with the red lipstick. She has naturally a white skin and very long black hair. She has her own style which does not match the stereotype of the blonde and over suntanned girl of tv and magazines.

Anyway she loves him, son ptit arnaud !
(thanks soulage)

soulage
02-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Ghostly is not a style for women in france lol

I bought l'equipe magazine as often the saturday and watch in the gossip mag if there was something about arno because i had some intuition after all the zoom during the week of open 13 :angel: and yes two pics. I'm sorry to not post sport news :sad: but sport mag are focus on the new musketeers so for arno we have the gossip mag.

soulage
02-28-2009, 07:13 PM
He draws the young Eysseric in Cherbourg first round http://www.ti.fft.fr/EvMenu.asp?CodeEvent=0811183043 All these challengers are too much tricky to make a pronostic :o

Marine
02-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Mais où sont passées les 2 pics soulage ? lol

Eysseric is a clay player.
I saw him in Bercy the last year, he plays quite well inside (but the last memory I have is him crying out in pain on the stretcher after injuring during a point :awww:)

soulage
02-28-2009, 09:17 PM
MTF bugg et moi avec :rolleyes:

I only see few higlights of his match against Murray last year in RG but people seem to think is good. For doubles draw i don't find it but not sure arno will play. If he lost early in Cherbourg he could take a more long break before Sunrise :umbrella:.

Kezzi
02-28-2009, 09:58 PM
But you're right, she looks ghostly on these pics especially with the red lipstick. She has naturally a white skin and very long black hair. She has her own style which does not match the stereotype of the blonde and over suntanned girl of tv and magazines.

(thanks soulage)
They are soooo cute together :hearts:

Anyway, I agree with the stereotype, it's better to have your own style. But I don't think ghostly is what you want either :p
I am jealous of her hair, if my hear gets that long, it only looks very thin and dead :(

I bought l'equipe magazine as often the saturday and watch in the gossip mag if there was something about arno because i had some intuition after all the zoom during the week of open 13 :angel: and yes two pics. I'm sorry to not post sport news :sad: but sport mag are focus on the new musketeers so for arno we have the gossip mag.
Thanks for the pic :)
And it's still better to have gossip than nothing at all ;) I don't think we'd see much of Arno in gossip magazines either if Nolwenn wasn't with him :p
But the sports mags could've mentioned his win with Micka... :rolleyes:

Via
02-28-2009, 11:59 PM

(thanks soulage)
and he loves her too... obviously the 'ghostly' style sits well with him! lol

:lol:

He draws the young Eysseric in Cherbourg first round http://www.ti.fft.fr/EvMenu.asp?CodeEvent=0811183043 All these challengers are too much tricky to make a pronostic :o

it's getting very common, arnaud the old vs some new young guy

They are soooo cute together :hearts:

Anyway, I agree with the stereotype, it's better to have your own style. But I don't think ghostly is what you want either :p
I am jealous of her hair, if my hear gets that long, it only looks very thin and dead :(

her hair is one of her best features.... however it's not hard to imitate, i have thought for a long time that there are long black wigs around that look exactly like that! lol

soulage
03-01-2009, 03:34 PM
I was wrong Arnaud is in the double draw with Edouard Roger-Vasselin http://www.ti.fft.fr/EvMenu.asp?CodeEvent=0811183043&NumDraw=3 Last time they played together they won Surbiton.

Cerise
03-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks Soulage.

her hair is one of her best features....
Her best features are her clear blue eyes too.

soulage
03-02-2009, 04:42 PM
He starts his single tournament on wednesday but he plays double tomorrow http://www.ti.fft.fr/EvMenu.asp?CodeEvent=0811183043&DateProg=2009/03/03

Marine
03-04-2009, 01:36 PM
From cherbourg:

Clément : « Un peu déçu »

Arnaud Clément, tête de série n° 2 du tournoi, ne disputera son 1er tour de simple qu'aujourd'hui. Le Français évoluait hier en double. « Cela faisait 10 ans que je n'étais pas venu à Cherbourg * indique le 73e joueur mondial. Cette année, le tournoi tombe durant une semaine de Coupe Davis. Je suis un peu déçu de ne pas avoir été sélectionné. Mais bon, je m'y attendais un peu. » Aujourd'hui, Clément, rentré de Dubaï jeudi dernier, sera opposé à Jonathan Eysseric (wild-card).

He still thinks to the DC, I think it's going to be tough this week, without the team.
I just hope him to play better in single (it can't be worse) and continue to win tournaments in double, to show to everybody he has his place in DC.

NB:* He had lost against seb in final, in 1999. ;) (the good years...nostalgy... lol)

soulage
03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
From cherbourg:

Clément : « Un peu déçu »

Arnaud Clément, tête de série n° 2 du tournoi, ne disputera son 1er tour de simple qu'aujourd'hui. Le Français évoluait hier en double. « Cela faisait 10 ans que je n'étais pas venu à Cherbourg * indique le 73e joueur mondial. Cette année, le tournoi tombe durant une semaine de Coupe Davis. Je suis un peu déçu de ne pas avoir été sélectionné. Mais bon, je m'y attendais un peu. » Aujourd'hui, Clément, rentré de Dubaï jeudi dernier, sera opposé à Jonathan Eysseric (wild-card).

He still thinks to the DC, I think it's going to be tough this week, without the team.
I just hope him to play better in single (it can't be worse) and continue to win tournaments in double, to show to everybody he has his place in DC.

It's normal to be disappointed it's the end of a big part of his carreer :sad: Now it's time for the young guys to show what they can do :) even if arnaud will miss us.

Concerning Cherbourg & according challenger forum he won 6-2/6-1 and yesterday they won doubles first round.

http://www.cherbourg.maville.com/of-photos/2009/03/04/sl_1257780_1_px_501__w_ouestfrance_.jpg

soulage
03-04-2009, 06:41 PM
The stats of the match http://www.ti.fft.fr/EvMenu.asp?CodeEvent=0811183043&NumMatch=2031 43% of first serve :rolleyes: and broken one time. Even in a challenger you needs to serve better :devil:

He plays tomorrow in the evening against Reister who will be more solid than Eyserric.

edit: on the blog we learn than Eysseric was sick "gastro and they were some people in the stands today

http://27.img.v4.skyrock.net/272/challengerdcns2009/pics/2340729795_1.jpg

Via
03-04-2009, 10:26 PM
thanks for the pics and news :)

soulage
03-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Two hours and two tie-break to beat Reister :drink:. Better stats of first serve today but not so good on second serve,only 50% points won, and broken two times in the first set. He also had to save SP in second tie-break http://www.ti.fft.fr/EvMenu.asp?CodeEvent=0811183043&NumMatch=2015

With ERV they're are in doubles semi-final cos the others guys WO.

Marine
03-05-2009, 08:37 PM
It's worse and worse :eek:
The last year, he reached the quarter in wimbledon.
This time is so far by now...

soulage
03-06-2009, 07:46 PM
He won to Bastl 6-1/7-6(5)but was broken on the only BP of Georges :rolleyes:

Well tomorrow he plays against Adrian :)

Hangdog
03-06-2009, 08:45 PM
thanks for the pics and news :)
From me too!!! :D (I'm extremely informative these days, ain't I? :o)

I was really glad to see that he easily beat Eysseric, it'd be unforgivable for him to get in troubles in such match. As for the rest, it's quite expectable, Mannarino will be the first real challenge now.

Davis Cup is so different without Arnaud :awww:

Marine
03-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Davis Cup is so different without Arnaud :awww:

So true. I even forgot today there was davis cup, I just remember at 8.pm !
It misses passion.

Hangdog
03-07-2009, 06:08 PM
I think it also misses team spirit now... I mean, of course, there is a team spirit as it is in any team. But the French team no longer works as a single organism. Just a pity.

And a good news is that Arnaud defeated Mannarino 6/1 6/2 and will face Ascione in the final now. Shouldn't be too tough :p

soulage
03-07-2009, 07:52 PM
It was less exciting to watch of course :sad: and less sexy :lol: I don't know if Micka & Arno will play RG together since Micka should play Monte-Carlo & Rome with Richard and even if they play RG together they won't have train on clay so it's not like that that they will do well in RG but it's a better choice for DC aim.

Ascione is tough to play and it's not as easy to break him as Eyssseric or Mannarino so Arno must be more solid on his serve. Today with ERV they have been broken three times in first set :eek: well they won 7-5/6-0 :) No time to watch DC for Arno ;)

http://27.img.v4.skyrock.net/272/challengerdcns2009/pics/2344944887_small_1.jpg

Via
03-07-2009, 11:37 PM
it's been a good week for arnaud :bounce:

nothing's better than winning a few matches in a row, although they are a lot of matches in order to find one's serve :tape:

it seems like a tournament to find the best frenchie outside of the davis cup :p

Kezzi
03-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I did watch some matches of DC, he didn't really miss anything :tape: Now I'm hoping for play offs against NL ;)

Well done this week Arno! :banana:

soulage
03-08-2009, 04:58 PM
While france was defeated by czech republic, Arno took the title in Cherbourg :clap2: 6-26-4 Nice stats on serve http://www.ti.fft.fr/EvMenu.asp?CodeEvent=0811183043&NumMatch=2001

Marine
03-08-2009, 05:20 PM
It's just a challenger, but it's good though. It's a title. lol
And he won several matches at once.
I'm happy :):)

Et merci Simon :o:rolleyes:

Kezzi
03-08-2009, 05:40 PM
It's just a challenger, but it's good though. It's a title. lol
And he won several matches at once.
I'm happy :):)

Congrats to Arno :clap2: :banana:
I'm happy too :D

:awww: I'm still proud of him :)
Not a good DC debut, poor him :hug:

soulage
03-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Two articles today
Clément : « Le tennis, c'est le simple et le double »
http://www.ouest-france.fr/of-photos/2009/03/08/10sp1491si_apx_470__w_ouestfrance_.jpg
Quelques heures après s'être qualifié pour la finale du simple, hier, aux dépens d'Adrian Mannarino, Arnaud Clément a battu, aux côtés d'Édouard Roger-Vasselin, la paire Charroin (Fra)/ Olejniczak (Pol), en demi-finales du double (7-5, 6-0). Évoluer sur deux tableaux ? Une habitude pour le 66e joueur mondial, qui n'a pas été retenu en Coupe Davis pour jouer avec son compère Mickaël Llodra ce week-end (lire par ailleurs).
Arnaud, vous avez pris l'habitude de jouer en simple et en double en tournoi. Pourquoi ?
Tout simplement parce que j'aime beaucoup le double. Je joue quand je peux, surtout avec des potes.
Une préférence entre le simple et le double ?
Non. Pour moi, le tennis, c'est les deux, même si, à la base, je suis plutôt un joueur de simple. Ils sont de toute façon difficiles à comparer. Après, en double, on a forcément beaucoup moins de pression, on joue de manière beaucoup plus relâchée. Et puis, cela me permet de travailler mon service, ma volée et mon retour. C'est un plus pour mon jeu de simple qui représente près de 80 % durant ma saison.
Vous êtes quoi qu'il en soit considéré comme l'un des meilleurs spécialistes du double...
Oui... Non... Enfin, je ne sais pas (rires). On forme en tous les cas une très bonne équipe avec Micka (Mickaël Llodra qui évoluait en double hier avec Richard Gasquet en Coupe Davis, à Ostrava, en République Tchèque) quand on joue ensemble et qu'on est tous les deux en forme. On a eu de très bons résultats. Après, si on me dit que je suis un très bon joueur de double, je suis content, idem quand on me dit que je suis un bon joueur de simple.
Quelles sont les principales qualités du double ?
Il y a d'abord différents profils. Celui qui consiste, par exemple, à posséder un service incroyable et une volée fantastique. Personnellement, je me situe dans un registre différent. Je m'efforce de retourner le plus régulièrement possible, d'être assez vif au filet. Mon jeu s'adapte bien quand j'ai un joueur du genre de Micka à côté de moi. Si j'évoluais avec un coéquipier au même style de jeu que le mien, cela fonctionnerait nettement moins bien.
Ascione -Clément, la puissance se mesure à la patience
http://www.ouest-france.fr/of-photos/2009/03/08/10sp1490si_apx_470__w_ouestfrance_.jpg
Bien lui prendrait de toute façon d'éviter de multiplier les assauts au filet face au relanceur que constitue Clément qui, lui, arrive en finale beaucoup plus frais physiquement. La conséquence d'une partie de tableau beaucoup plus dégagée depuis le début de semaine pour le quart de finaliste à Wimbledon en 2008. Rochus (n° 54 ATP, tête de série n° 1) au premier tour, le talentueux Allemand Meffert en quarts, sûr qu'Ascione n'a pas ménagé sa peine pour tenter d'entrer dans l'histoire de l'épreuve cherbourgeoise : s'imp&oser deux fois de suite, chose jamais vue dans le Nord-Cotentin.
Au rang des inédits, Thierry Ascione pourrait faire coup double. À 28 ans, il n'a en effet jamais battu son homologue français. « J'ai rencontré Arnaud (31 ans) deux fois sur terre battue. J'ai perdu deux fois de manière très sèche. Mais bon, là, c'est une finale. » Qui se disputera sur dur, surface progressivement apprivoisée par la tête de série n° 2 durant la semaine. « Je me sens de mieux en mieux », assure Arnaud Clément, vainqueur facile d'Adrian Mannarino hier.
Et, le métronome de fond de cours qu'il est connaît aussi bien sa force que celle de son adversaire. « Je suis un joueur de fond de court, plutôt un contreur, se décrit le joueur, 1,72 m, 66e joueur mondial. Je n'ai pas vraiment de gros coups pour faire la différence. Il faut que je sois patient, que je travaille mes adversaires. » Au boulot !

With Erv they won the final 4-6/6-2/10-3 Two little titles for Arnaud

Marine
03-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks soulage. I like his modesty. ;)

HE WON THE TITLE IN DOUBLE TOO :worship:

Hangdog
03-08-2009, 08:33 PM
it seems like a tournament to find the best frenchie outside of the davis cup :p
And the very best Frenchies are having a week off :angel:
It feels like Gilles is going to take Paulo's place :o
With Erv they won the final 4-6/6-2/10-3 Two little titles for Arnaud
Two little titles for little Arnaud :lol: And it's just funny that it's his first Challenger title!

Great job this week :worship:

Via
03-08-2009, 11:50 PM
amazing week! arnaud now feels like the giant of french tennis :lol:

kukka
03-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Congrats Arnaud! :woohoo: Two titles! :bigclap: :worship:

Elina

Marine
03-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Challenger de Cherbourg (50 000$). Hier, le tournoi a inscrit un 16e nom à son palmarès en autant d'éditions. En battant le tenant du titre, Clément a empoché son premier Challenger avant de réaliser le doublé... en double.
Adrian Mannarino et Édouard Roger-Vasselin avaient vu juste. Ceux qui collectionnent désormais les places de demi-finalistes au Challenger de Cherbourg (2008 et 2009 pour le premier ; 2004, 2007 et 2009 pour le second) n'avaient pas hésité en donnant leur préférence pour la victoire finale en citant Arnaud Clément.

Le 66e joueur mondial ne les a pas fait mentir. Mieux. L'Aixois avait lui aussi misé sur le bon cheval en anticipant sa victoire en début de semaine. « C'est bien de l'annoncer. Mais c'est mieux de le faire, lâche la tête de série n° 2. Je faisais partie des deux à trois favoris. Il y a quelque chose que personne ne sait ici. Cherbourg est le premier Challenger que je remporte dans ma carrière. »

Le 1er set plié en 28 minutes

Un succès construit sans trembler. En cinq matches, Clément n'aura pas concédé une seule manche. Même scénario hier en finale où il n'a jamais été inquiété. Pas une seule balle de break à sauver en 1 h 12 de jeu, et un premier set expédié en 28 petites minutes : « Je suis très satisfait de ma semaine, analyse le joueur. Mais je pense qu'aujourd'hui Thierry était vraiment fatigué. Il a dû livrer beaucoup de combats pour parvenir jusqu'en finale. Il a été vraiment meilleur que ça lors de ses matches précédents. »

Ce n'est pas Rochus, tête de série n° 1, éliminé dès le premier tour, ni le talentueux Allemand Meffert, écarté en quarts de finale après un match titanesque, qui diront le contraire. « Et puis, j'ai encore laissé beaucoup d'énergie en demi-finales contre Édouard Roger-Vasselin, ajoute Thierry Ascione, le vaincu du jour. Contre un joueur de la trempe d'Arnaud, il faut vraiment être percutant. Aujourd'hui, je n'avais pas trop les jambes. J'ai commis énormément de fautes. J'ai eu beaucoup de déchets dans mon jeu du début à la fin. »

Clément, le cours de fond de court

Vrai que, face au finaliste de l'Open d'Australie 2001, c'est le genre de faiblesse qui ne pardonne pas. Toujours régulier, en permanence sur la balle en balayant les quatre coins de l'aire de jeu, Arnaud Clément a donné à son adversaire un véritable cours de fond de court. Pas très spectaculaire. Mais ô combien efficace pour épuiser un peu plus le Villeurbannais : « Je suis rentré dans le tournoi mercredi soir, rappelle Ascione. Je n'ai pas eu un seul jour de repos. Aujourd'hui, où il faut être un peu décisif, je n'avais pas ce qu'il fallait. »

Absolument pas le cas de Clément. En fin d'après-midi, ce dernier s'est aussi payé le luxe d'empocher la finale du double aux côtés d'Édouard Roger-Vasselin. Un doublé également synonyme de première en tournoi dans la carrière du double lauréat 2009. Ironie de l'histoire, il a lui même privé Thierry Ascione d'un doublé historique. « Je vais me reposer un peu puis me préparer sur terre battue, annonce le vainqueur 2008. Et, je serai de retour à Cherbourg l'année prochaine. » :confused:

His next tournament is on clay ???

Cerise
03-09-2009, 09:23 PM
He isn't "le vainqueur 2008"

soulage
03-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Don't worry Marine :angel: The clay arrives only in one month for arno.

It's time to open a new thread i think

Marine
03-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Does it mean he takes one month off ??? lol

soulage
03-09-2009, 10:22 PM
The summary of Cherbourg on FFT website is quite nice with few sentences from arno.
http://www.ti.fft.fr/EvMenu.asp?CodeEvent=0811183043
About DC, he would be pleased to be picked for the play-off but he knows it must remain a dream with so many great players in france and Micka for the double. I think he knows DC is ended for him.
LA COUPE EN TÊTE Présent dans toutes les campagnes de Coupe Davis depuis 2000, Arnaud Clément n'a cette fois pas été retenu pour affronter la République tchèque. "J'ai forcément eu un petit pincement au cœur de ne pas y être, notamment lors du double, a confié Clément. En tant que supporter, j'ai été un peu frustré car, comme j'étais engagé en simple et en double jusqu'au bout, je n'ai pas pu suivre un seul match en entier. Bien sûr, ça me ferait plaisir d'être retenu pour le barrage de septembre. La Coupe Davis a toujours été un de mes objectifs. Mais ce sera très dur. Il y a aujourd'hui trois Français dans les onze, plus Richard Gasquet, et "Mika" (Llodra), incontournable en double. Mais c'est un très, très beau challenge."

About his game, he find himself solid all along the week.
J'ai passé une super semaine, a apprécié Clément. J'ai été très solide. Je ne peux pas comparer cette victoire avec mes titres sur le grand circuit. Mais ça fait toujours très, très plaisir de gagner, surtout en France et ici à Cherbourg où l'organisation est très sympa. Et puis je suis content d'avoir gagné un Challenger."

And Arno played "pétanque" on saturday lol

Marine
03-09-2009, 10:52 PM
I like this article, merci. :worship:

Of course, he knows it will be tough. But I prefer to remind "c'est un très très beau challenge".
And he seems motived, and not ready at all to stop tennis. That's a good thing.
Whatever he does, I'll still be there :angel:

Via
03-09-2009, 11:47 PM
to be honest, i'd rather arnaud won a challenger or two, than got chosen for davis cup and then blamed for losing matches!

french team should be too strong for any play-off team anyway... and i wouldn't mind if it's australia :devil:

*Raine
03-10-2009, 06:38 AM
:bowdown::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I'm so proud for my third favorite player :D:worship:. I missed him in the DC matches but this one will do. :D

The summary of Cherbourg on FFT website is quite nice with few sentences from arno.
http://www.ti.fft.fr/EvMenu.asp?CodeEvent=0811183043
About DC, he would be pleased to be picked for the play-off but he knows it must remain a dream with so many great players in france and Micka for the double. I think he knows DC is ended for him.

:sobbing::awww:

soulage
04-06-2009, 07:10 PM
In tennis mag this month the picture of the winner

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1796/cherbourgf.jpg