WWW: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga VS James Blake [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga VS James Blake

anousleshommes@h
01-24-2009, 10:49 AM
In light of the ridiculous previous thread that took a dangerous tangent towards faintly veiled rancours at people's physiques, I hope this one does not generate so much interest, and would appreciate the moderator deleted the previous thread.

For those of you who remember me, I was the one that predicted last year (against all odds on the board) that Tsonga would beat Murray and go on to the finals in Oz.

Once again, I'll predict that Tsonga WILL BEAT James Blake, and Andy Murray.

In the event Murray should prevail, he WILL NOT win the Aussie.

Place your bets guys!

lleytonfan!
01-24-2009, 10:59 AM
What wa so bad about my thread?

anousleshommes@h
01-24-2009, 11:05 AM
What wa so bad about my thread?

I do perfectly understand that as an australian and your history with autotchones on your island, you are not very fine tuned with race matter on the continent. Please avoid diverging from tennis will you.

This thread is solely about Tsonga, so again please dont diverge thanks.

anousleshommes@h
01-24-2009, 12:49 PM
I see you come to your senses and amended your thread's title, or maybe the moderator did it for you.
Anyways, I'm not sure how old you are, but It was extremely childish and provoking to lure people to reply to your thread based on Tsonga and Blake's skin tones, rather than their sheer talent and prowesses.
Next time you feel like sharing your thoughts, please, ABSTAIN!

Byrd
01-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Change your username to Rosa Parks please, as your taking the piss by making another thread. It was insensitive, but the thread title was changed, and your blowing it way out of proportion.

richie21
01-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Tsonga in straight sets.
He is just much better than Blake.

Lullaby
01-24-2009, 01:09 PM
I hope Tsonga wins and the murray rematch happens ....

finishingmove
01-24-2009, 01:13 PM
tsonga will do whatever it takes to win this.

anousleshommes@h
01-24-2009, 01:16 PM
I hope Tsonga wins and the murray rematch happens ....

Me too,
Im so fed up of all the Murray hype: Murray this, Murray that, Murray the goat. Know what, I have been very unimpressed by Murray's wins so far. Also most of his opponents were committing stupid mistakes, as if they were being rushed or sthg. And murray just had to prolong rallies until his opponents fried their brains out and mentally retired.
Dont thing such a tactic will work wiv Tsonga. He's got both Murray's and Nadal's number. IF he can get past Blake, nothing's stopping him reaching the final I reckon.

Clydey
01-24-2009, 01:23 PM
I do perfectly understand that as an australian and your history with autotchones on your island, you are not very fine tuned with race matter on the continent. Please avoid diverging from tennis will you.

This thread is solely about Tsonga, so again please dont diverge thanks.

Tsonga and Blake are both mixed race. He was just stating facts. I'm not particularly tolerant of people who preach extreme forms of political correctness.

There was nothing racist about that thread, so let's not pretend that there was.

Clydey
01-24-2009, 01:25 PM
tsonga will do whatever it takes to win this.

Arsen, Tsonga has the heart of a small child.

Lullaby
01-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Me too,
Im so fed up of all the Murray hype: Murray this, Murray that, Murray the goat. Know what, I have been very unimpressed by Murray's wins so far. Also most of his opponents were committing stupid mistakes, as if they were being rushed or sthg. And murray just had to prolong rallies until his opponents fried their brains out and mentally retired.
Dont thing such a tactic will work wiv Tsonga. He's got both Murray's and Nadal's number. IF he can get past Blake, nothing's stopping him reaching the final I reckon.

I think the opposite and that muzza will be desperate to punish him for last years humiliation - He will not underestimate him this time. I think it would be a close match though, hopefully at night

Clydey
01-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Me too,

Yeah, 32 winners against 10 UEs is just Murray prolonging the rallies. You have a very childish attitude.

anousleshommes@h
01-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Yeah, 32 winners against 10 UEs is just Murray prolonging the rallies. You have a very childish attitude.

Tsonga had 74 winners in his match against Ljubicic, which was of far higher caliber than any of Murray's displays so far.

finishingmove
01-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Arsen, Tsonga has the heart of a small child.

more than one probably. :lol:

Kore
01-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Tsonga will blow Blake off the court.

1-3-3

I think Tsonga has a good chance of going to the Semi's at least this yr

vucina
01-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Tsonga is blacker than Blake, so Tsonga.

Kore
01-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Tsonga is blacker than Blake, so Tsonga.

in that case... Monfils should win the AO. no?

GlennMirnyi
01-24-2009, 02:39 PM
The Tsonganator will prevail.

vucina
01-24-2009, 02:49 PM
in that case... Monfils should win the AO. no?

We're talking about the battle of biracials. Pay attention.

waterlily_021989
01-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Blake in 5 :D

federernadalfan
01-24-2009, 02:52 PM
tough one. battle of the ballbashers.
something tells me blake will clinch this in four or five

ORGASMATRON
01-24-2009, 02:53 PM
In light of the ridiculous previous thread that took a dangerous tangent towards faintly veiled rancours at people's physiques, I hope this one does not generate so much interest, and would appreciate the moderator deleted the previous thread.

For those of you who remember me, I was the one that predicted last year (against all odds on the board) that Tsonga would beat Murray and go on to the finals in Oz.

Once again, I'll predict that Tsonga WILL BEAT James Blake, and Andy Murray.

In the event Murray should prevail, he WILL NOT win the Aussie.

Place your bets guys!

I love the way you think :)

anousleshommes@h
01-24-2009, 03:46 PM
In all honesty, Murray has been playing subpar opponents. You can really assess his form from his average performance.

Kore
01-24-2009, 03:50 PM
We're talking about the battle of biracials. Pay attention.

lol. u never know. monfils might have a white grandmother lol:p

anousleshommes@h
01-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Again, Jo will dispose of them all on his way to his first slam trophy... (I wish lol...)

Sean
01-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Blake in 5.

Clydey
01-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Tsonga had 74 winners in his match against Ljubicic, which was of far higher caliber than any of Murray's displays so far.

That match had 47 games. It was a long 4-setter with 3 tiebreaks. Murray-Melzer was a short 3-setter. It only had 27 games. Also, how many UEs did Tsonga have in that match? You're making a silly comparison. You can admit that someone is a good player without being a fan.

Clydey
01-24-2009, 04:20 PM
more than one probably. :lol:

You and I both know where he keeps them.

meihaditalab
01-24-2009, 04:21 PM
I hate both these players... I guess Tsonga has a better all around game. so he's prob going to take it in 4 sets

Certinfy
01-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Im gonna go with Blake in 4 or 5. Even tho Tsonga practically has a better game and beat him easily last yr... I still think Blake can beat him here.

anousleshommes@h
01-24-2009, 04:57 PM
That match had 47 games. It was a long 4-setter with 3 tiebreaks. Murray-Melzer was a short 3-setter. It only had 27 games. Also, how many UEs did Tsonga have in that match? You're making a silly comparison. You can admit that someone is a good player without being a fan.

Again, see my point about Murray playin subpar opponents.

Voo de Mar
01-24-2009, 05:08 PM
It's a great match up for me because will be playing against each other my two favorite players, the third one Verdasco plays against Murray, so if he beats him, one of my faves in the semifinal is guaranteed :)

I'm very curious this match because I've seen Blake this year in five matches and have to say it looks he's improved his tennis at the age of 29 (better late than never)! His 1st serve is finally consistant (around 60 %) and more varied, and what's more important Blake's 1st serve is finally efficient on breakpoints. Moreover he introduced some new strokes to the repertoir. The question is: will it work against much more better opponent like Tsonga? I don't know but don't expect a one-sided match like in Paris last year where they met for the first time. Blake is a better player outdoor, Tsonga lost sets to Ljubicic and Sela what isn't the best sign. I think it'd be a close match and Blake has a good chance to win it in five.

Clydey
01-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Again, see my point about Murray playin subpar opponents.

Murray's opponents are subpar, but an old Ljubicic, Sela, and Juan Monaco are world beaters (losing 2 sets along the way)?

Greatness
01-24-2009, 05:49 PM
I expect Tsonga to win in 4.

ClaudiuS
01-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Tsonga will clinch this one :)

Blake isn't in much of a great form to reach QF here.

anousleshommes@h
01-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Murray's opponents are subpar, but an old Ljubicic, Sela, and Juan Monaco are world beaters (losing 2 sets along the way)?

Dont make me laugh. Murray's opponents could not even have da ball clear the net. Ljubicic played outta his skin. And Tsonga proved why he's da number 5 seed by overcoming him. Tsonga has beaten all da top 4 except fed as recently as last year, when he was jst number 38 in da world. He's a breath of fresh air and as muh a fav to win oz as any of da top 4.

ServeAlready81
01-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Tsonga in 4

Clydey
01-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Dont make me laugh. Murray's opponents could not even have da ball clear the net. Ljubicic played outta his skin. And Tsonga proved why he's da number 5 seed by overcoming him. Tsonga has beaten all da top 4 except fed as recently as last year, when he was jst number 38 in da world. He's a breath of fresh air and as muh a fav to win oz as any of da top 4.

Tsonga is nowhere near as consistent as "da top 4". He has the potential, but he isn't a favourite. Are you in your teens? You come across like you're a kid.

Dini
01-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Tsunami to win but really I don't mind. I hope J-Block gives it his all, in any case this will be a tough one to watch for me...two of my favourites battling it out for a place in the 4th round. Tsonga has so many more weapons and always comes across as very inspired, and his tennis is entertainment in abundance. Really looking forward to this one.

My mind says Tsonga in 3, but my heart says Blake/Tsonga in 5.