Murray haggifies granollers 6-4 6-2 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Murray haggifies granollers 6-4 6-2 6-2

green25814
01-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Second gear all the way.

VolandriFan
01-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Marcel really didn't have anything to hurt Murray with, unfortunately.

scarecrows
01-22-2009, 12:14 PM
pretty relaxed, murray was toying with granollers in some points

richie21
Second gear all the way.

Still extremely impressive.
I really don't see who can stop him now.
Tsonga(if he qualifies) might cause him some trouble in his quarter but for that,i think he would even need to play a level above the level he showed against Nadal at this same AO last year,so good Andy currently is on hardcourt.

Clydey
Did what he needed to do. Upped his level a bit in the third, but it was 2nd gear pretty much all the way.

Andi-M
01-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Gorgeous variety in places there. I was very impressed wasn't ever under pressure though.

ORGASMATRON
01-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Worst match ever.

richie21
01-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Gorgeous variety in places there. I was very impressed wasn't ever under pressure though.

I disagree.
I thought Granollers played very well in the first 2 sets and put some huge pressure on Murray.
But Murray's defense and movement is just :eek:

thegreendestiny
01-22-2009, 12:17 PM
C'mon ANdy!

green25814
01-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Worst match ever.

:lol: why on earth would you be watching it?

Bernard Black
01-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Epic beatdown.

Murray is a better player than Granollers in every area of tennis, I don't think he'll ever lose to him.

ORGASMATRON
01-22-2009, 12:22 PM
:lol: why on earth would you be watching it?

I wanst really, just kept and eye on it. Thank God i had something else to do or i might just have been bored to death by now. :zzz:

Andi-M
01-22-2009, 12:22 PM
I disagree.
I thought Granollers played very well in the first 2 sets and put some huge pressure on Murray.

Pressure is 5 all 0:40 down, for example.

finishingmove
01-22-2009, 12:23 PM
marcel wasn't even that bad, but the difference in class is visible.

green25814
01-22-2009, 12:24 PM
I wanst really, just kept and eye on it. Thank God i had something else to do or i might just have been bored to death by now. :zzz:

Your clearly a closet haggis eater.

Betty
Did what he needed to do. Upped his level a bit in the third, but it was 2nd gear pretty much all the way.

he played well,some faults no a so good first service but a nice match..then he didnt need to do more:p

ORGASMATRON

:haha: This was the most one sided match of the century, no pressure whatsoever.

richie21
01-22-2009, 12:25 PM

But what about if you are just too good to even concede BPs,despite the other putting you into huge pressure IN PLAY.
The scary thing with Murray is that even against the likes of Federer and Roddick in Doha recently,he looked like in second gear.

Betty
01-22-2009, 12:26 PM
:haha: This was the most one sided match of the century, no pressure whatsoever.

how do u know it if u didnt watch it:eek::worship:

Byrd
01-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Routine win, like watching a fox against a chicken, expected.

vincayou
01-22-2009, 12:28 PM
This kid is good, he can go all the way. :yeah:

A lot of good players seems to be up for it this tournament, especially in his half.
First real test in 4th round for Andy. That's where the serious stuff will start, especially if he meets a red hot Verdasco.

ORGASMATRON
01-22-2009, 12:28 PM
how do u know it if u didnt watch it:eek::worship:

What makes you think i didnt watch it? Boringest match ever.

Andi-M
01-22-2009, 12:31 PM
But what about if you are just too good to even concede BPs,despite the other putting you into huge pressure IN PLAY.
The scary thing with Murray is that even against the likes of Federer and Roddick in Doha recently,he looked like in second gear.

I know what you mean its cos Muzza is the fittest guy on tour now (yes, even fitter than Nadal!) and he can turn defense into offense so fluidly.

But I dont know its early days and we will at some point probably against Melzer he will face some situational pressure and we'll see how he deals with that.

Betty
01-22-2009, 12:33 PM
What makes you think i didnt watch it? Boringest match ever.

how can u say the match was so :zzz:if u were doing something else and kept a eyes sometime...

btw for me was a good match..he did what he needed for to win..i saw nice drops ecc...

Burrow
01-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Second gear all the way.

are you that idiot eurosport commentator or do you just like copying what they say?

Clydey
01-22-2009, 12:36 PM
he played well,some faults no a so good first service but a nice match..then he didnt need to do more:p

Betty! :hug:

green25814
01-22-2009, 12:39 PM
are you that idiot eurosport commentator or do you just like copying what they say?

:lol: no, but it did seem appropriate to the match.

Betty
01-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Betty! :hug:

James:hearts::hug:

richie21
01-22-2009, 12:42 PM
I know what you mean its cos Muzza is the fittest guy on tour now (yes, even fitter than Nadal!) and he can turn defense into offense so fluidly.

But I dont know its early days and we will at some point probably against Melzer he will face some situational pressure and we'll see how he deals with that.

I wouldn't be surprised if he won the whole thing without losing a set and without even being worried(a la Nadal in last year's FO).
Tsonga is the only one i can see giving him trouble on those courts with his big serve,big FH and great volleys.
I don't believe Federer can stop him unless his serve is in Sampras-mode.

Xenosys
01-22-2009, 12:44 PM

A lot of good players seems to be up for it this tournament, especially in his half.
First real test in 4th round for Andy. That's where the serious stuff will start, especially if he meets a red hot Verdasco.

Yeah I agree. Apart from fat Dave, there aren't any notable absentee's from the draw, so a lot of 3rd round matches are looking tasty indeed, and I'm starving.

Andi-M
01-22-2009, 12:46 PM

No that was the 2008 RG final....:devil:

Cat9
01-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Hey, can someone explain why I heard the commentators say something about a bug? Was it the usual bug on the court or was there some bug on player action?

Xenosys
01-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Hey, can someone explain why I heard the commentators say something about a bug? Was it the usual bug on the court or was there some bug on player action?

There was a moth pissing Murray off halfway through his match, which incidentally caused him more problems than his Spanish opponent. He was literally so quiet he should have been called Marcel Marceau.

vincayou
01-22-2009, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he won the whole thing without losing a set and without even being worried(a la Nadal in last year's FO).
Tsonga is the only one i can see giving him trouble on those courts with his big serve,big FH and great volleys.

Total bullshit. Murray has nowhere near the same margin on hardcourt than Nadal on clay. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic can stop him, and I predict very tight matchs if there are to meet. Federer is in good form now, and he always managed to grab a set against Murray (the only time he was beaten in straight was 2 years ago in Cinci), I don't see why it would be suddendly a straight set beatdown for master Fed, especially in a 5 setters.

As much as I like Tsonga, Murray will have at least as many problems against Fed, Nadal or Djoko. They are all up for it from what I have seen so far.

richie21
01-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Total bullshit. Murray has nowhere near the same margin on hardcourt than Nadal on clay. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic can stop him, and I predict very tight matchs if there are to meet. Federer is in good form now, and he always managed to grab a set against Murray (the only time he was beaten in straight was 2 years ago in Cinci), I don't see why it would be suddendly a straight set beatdown for master Fed, especially in a 5 setters.

The last 2 sets beetween Murray and Federer: 6-2 6-2 in Murray's favor (and Murray was in second gear).
I know it was one-off match but to me,Murray now has a huge psychological advantage over Federer.
Djokovic?? well,yeah he played great against Chardy but Murray's variety will be too much for me.He just can do so many more things than Djokovic.
Nadal?? on hardcourt,i'd be surprised if he ever beat Murray again,now that Murray has had this very important first win against him in last US Open.

ORGASMATRON
01-22-2009, 01:26 PM
No that was the 2008 RG final....:devil:

I agree that was very one sided. I was furious at Fed for being so stubborn. I dont know if its arrogance or just Fed losing all sense when he plays Rafa, either way i feel this year he must change something, or guys like Murray will start catching up with him. He cant afford to lose Wimbledon again because he's to stubborn to go to the net against Rafa. Not even a fan om my loyalty will stand for that.

cmurray
01-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Muzza :rocker2:

It looked like he was practicing his cross court passing shot. I think Genci is right....he was toying with Granollers. Onto Melzer, which could actually be tricky.

richie21
01-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Muzza :rocker2:

It looked like he was practicing his cross court passing shot. I think Genci is right....he was toying with Granollers. Onto Melzer, which could actually be tricky.

To be honest,Murray is toying with everyone at the moment,including Federer.

simplet
01-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Meh. I saw some of it, and I came out of it really underwelmed. I don't know if that was "second gear" from Murray, all I know is that he was really passive, and his serve didn't look too good, neither his first nor his second. He can win like that against players like Grannollers with sheer variety and retrieving skills, but a lot of his shots were just begging to be punished. Even his returns were not up to snuff in my opinion.

Bernard Black
01-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Meh. I saw some of it, and I came out of it really underwelmed. I don't know if that was "second gear" from Murray, all I know is that he was really passive, and his serve didn't look too good, neither his first nor his second. He can win like that against players like Grannollers with sheer variety, but a lot of his shots were just begging to be punished. Even his returns were not up to snuff in my opinion.

Wow, you sure have a very critical eye. I'm not saying you're wrong but he did all he had to do to win, which is the experienced and professional way to approach the early rounds. No point in peaking too soon.

Forehander
01-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Just let the top 4 play each other already...

richie21
01-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Just let the top 4 play each other already...

There are many players who can beat Nadal and the Djoker on hard.

gjr
01-22-2009, 02:10 PM
I was there tonight. some poor stuff from Andy but i think he was just getting used to the court. We'll see how good he is next up. Melzer should be relativly OK if a semi, final or the win is on.

elessar
01-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Still extremely impressive.
I really don't see who can stop him now.
Tsonga(if he qualifies) might cause him some trouble in his quarter but for that,i think he would even need to play a level above the level he showed against Nadal at this same AO last year,so good Andy currently is on hardcourt.
I disagree.

The last 2 sets beetween Murray and Federer: 6-2 6-2 in Murray's favor (and Murray was in second gear).
I know it was one-off match but to me,Murray now has a huge psychological advantage over Federer.
Djokovic?? well,yeah he played great against Chardy but Murray's variety will be too much for me.He just can do so many more things than Djokovic.
Nadal?? on hardcourt,i'd be surprised if he ever beat Murray again,now that Murray has had this very important first win against him in last US Open.
:haha: :haha:
And I thought you were only this big a tool when talking about Gasquet, clearly I underestimated your versatility.
Epic beatdown.

Takes big men to put Noletrolls to shame in the fanboying department.

rafa_maniac
01-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Very dull match, Murray just had to stay out there long enough and he was always going to win, Granollers has nothing in the way of weaponry and isn't even that consistent. Murray brought it home pretty strongly in the third but he wasn't overly impressive and didn't need to be, as with the other members of the "top 4" we'll have to wait a round or two to see just how dangerous they are.

scarecrows
01-22-2009, 02:39 PM
i hope someone puts a virus in richie21's computer

Tennisman82
01-22-2009, 02:53 PM

He can, but that’s only if he can learn from & utilise the experience of his only slam final so far. And that’s a big if, and that’s why he’s no more of a favourite than Nadal, Federer & Djokovic.

A 100% confident Murray (the one we didn’t see in the USO final but we saw in the SF) is an extremely tough match for anybody out there.

Tennisman82.

CooCooCachoo
01-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Marcel :hug:

Never was going to win this, but still not a bad display.

Tennisman82
01-22-2009, 02:58 PM
pretty relaxed, murray was toying with granollers in some points

It was a decent match, nothing spectacular at all. But the variety Murray has is just amazing, he's a lot like Federer in that regard.

It would've been awesome if he pulled off that backhand slice lob...

Tennisman82.

l_mac
01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
:o

The 2009 Murraytards suck. You will be getting a new name soon.

LOL at whoever said they doubted Granollers would ever beat Murray :retard: No shit, Sherlock.

jazar
01-22-2009, 03:37 PM
i tried to watch this match, but murray was so passive and boring i gave up at 3-3 in the first set

amonb
01-22-2009, 04:19 PM
i think murray went out on the court and didn't really want to use much energy. I think he will he will win the next 2 matches with ease and then turn it on and smash tsonga, nadal and then djokovic!!!! I would love fed in the final so murray can smash him too but i don't think he''ll make it!!! I don't think he'll ever win this 14th grand slam..........

JolánGagó
01-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't think he'll ever win this 14th grand slam..........

Of course he won't. Sad.

fast_clay
01-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Murray did all that he needed to do without even looking at the belt sander in his tool bag...

The Tradesman is purpose built for two week grand slam action...

fast_clay
01-22-2009, 05:02 PM
i hope someone puts a virus in richie21's computer

:spit:

this posts marks a new breakthrough in internet communication... hopefully some tech wizard reads this, agrees with it... and promptly bends richie21's comp over and gives it a good once over without lubricant...

ORGASMATRON
01-22-2009, 05:10 PM
don't think he'll ever win this 14th grand slam..........

Mmm intersting, now why would you think that? Is their any method to your madness?

richie21
01-22-2009, 06:59 PM
He can, but that’s only if he can learn from & utilise the experience of his only slam final so far. And that’s a big if, and that’s why he’s no more of a favourite than Nadal, Federer & Djokovic.

A 100% confident Murray (the one we didn’t see in the USO final but we saw in the SF) is an extremely tough match for anybody out there.

Tennisman82.

I don't buy on it.
Let's just say that to beat Federer on hardcourt is much much harder than to beat Nadal on hardcourt(especially at USO).

Black Adam
01-22-2009, 07:04 PM
I agree that was very one sided. I was furious at Fed for being so stubborn. I dont know if its arrogance or just Fed losing all sense when he plays Rafa, either way i feel this year he must change something, or guys like Murray will start catching up with him. He cant afford to lose Wimbledon again because he's to stubborn to go to the net against Rafa. Not even a fan om my loyalty will stand for that.

Fanboy much??? Mellow Yellow has got all the fedytards believing that all he has to do is rush the net inorder to kill Nadal. The reason fedy doesn't do that is because the times he goes to the net against Nadal he faces a scorching passing shot 90% of the time. For his own sake in winning more games against Nadal, he only time he should go to the net is to shake hands.

Ciarán.
01-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Murray playing amaze. Not gonna win AO though.

ORGASMATRON
01-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Fanboy much??? Mellow Yellow has got all the fedytards believing that all he has to do is rush the net inorder to kill Nadal. The reason fedy doesn't do that is because the times he goes to the net against Nadal he faces a scorching passing shot 90% of the time. For his own sake in winning more games against Nadal, he only time he should go to the net is to shake hands.

Whose Mellow Yellow? Mellow Yellow heard from me more then likely that Fed has to go to the net. Only i have that kind of tennis knowledge.

JolánGagó
01-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Whose Mellow Yellow? Mellow Yellow heard from me more then likely that Fed has to go to the net. Only i have that kind of tennis knowledge.

You're pushing too hard in your quest for arseclownery. You already sound like a mere idiot.

Snowwy
01-22-2009, 08:01 PM
I'd love to see this match on clay, I think Granollers would beat him.

zeleni
01-22-2009, 08:21 PM

I don't think so. Murray is much better player than this time last year. His problems were nervousness and fitness. He improved both.

Clydey
01-22-2009, 08:31 PM

Murray beat Granollers on clay in 2006. This is 2009. I can only imagine what the score would be now.

Snowwy
01-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Murray beat Granollers on clay in 2006. This is 2009. I can only imagine what the score would be now.

I think it would be close.

Clydey
01-22-2009, 08:34 PM
I think it would be close.

I don't see why. Murray is 10 times the player he was in 2006. I think Muzza will do well on clay this year.

elessar
01-22-2009, 08:47 PM
I knew you were a double account! Was obvious no fedfans could be that retarded.
Come on guys fess up, whose is it :(

Andi-M
01-22-2009, 08:53 PM

What other sports do they play on clay?

elessar
01-22-2009, 08:56 PM
What other sports do they play on clay?
Bullfighting. Hopefully Andy'll go far enough to learn what that's like soon

scarecrows
01-22-2009, 09:01 PM
I knew you were a double account! Was obvious no fedfans could be that retarded.

some kind of a mix between Just Cause and Clay Death it seems

ORGASMATRON
01-22-2009, 09:12 PM
some kind of a mix between Just Cause and Clay Death it seems

Who? :confused:

Raquel
01-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Well done Andy :D

leng jai
01-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Granollers' slice is really pathetic.

Sofonda Cox
01-22-2009, 10:23 PM
It's unfortunate Murray is ugly

ORGASMATRON
01-23-2009, 12:46 AM
It's unfortunate Murray is ugly

And its fortunate that Dokic is pretty :worship::hearts::inlove:

Corey Feldman
01-23-2009, 01:49 AM
for the most part he just did the job and nothing more

but..

when he really felt like stepping in and cracking a BH he did it :drool:

he suits night matches so much more than day

Clydey
01-23-2009, 03:27 AM
for the most part he just did the job and nothing more

but..

when he really felt like stepping in and cracking a BH he did it :drool:

he suits night matches so much more than day

This haggis-loving bastard is special, Mikey.

Deivid23
01-23-2009, 03:31 AM
Murray toyed with him the same way Marcel did two years ago in Barna until he got injured. Funny shit how quickly things change