Rafa Forum 2009 Thread Starter Request Thread! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa Forum 2009 Thread Starter Request Thread!

l_mac
01-12-2009, 01:34 AM
:D

As discussed :o in the AO Poll thread.

Here you can request what thread you wuold like to start.

A committee (Metis, tennizen and myself) will be formed to sort out any problems with trolls requesting threads or when more than one Rafa forum member wishes to start a particular tournament thread.

Week 1, 5th Jan: Doha (H) - l_mac
JAN 19, Week 3&4: Australian Open (H) - adee-gee :worship:
Week 6, Feb 9th: Rotterdam ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament (IH) - Other
Week 8, Feb 23rd: Dubai The Dubai Tennis Championships (H)
Week 9, Mar 2nd: Davis Cup R1 (vs Serbia) l_mac
Week 10&11, Mar 9th: Indian Wells 1000 Pacific Life Open (H)
Week 12&13, Mar 23rd: Miami 1000 Sony Ericsson Open (H) cmurray
Week 15, April 13th: Monte Carlo 1000 (CL) Xristos
Week 16, April 20th: Barcelona (CL) Andreea (but hopefully he will drop this tourney :mad:)
Week 17, April 27th: Rome Campionati BNL d’Italia 1000(CL) tennizen
Week 19, May 11th: Madrid 1000 (CL)
Weeks 21&22, May 25th: Paris Roland Garros (CL) Metis
Week 23, June 8th: London, Queens (G) ???
Weeks 25&26, June 22: Wimbledon (G)
Week 27, July 6th: Davis Cup QF
Week 32, Aug 10th: Montreal 1000 (H)
Week 33, Aug 17th: Cincinnati 1000 (H)
Weeks 35&36, Aug 31st: New York US Open (H)
Week 37, Sep 14th: Davis Cup Semifinal
Week 41, Oct 12th: Shanghai 1000 (IH)
Week 45, Nov 9th: Paris 1000 (IH)
Week 47, Nov 22nd (Sunday start) ATP Tour Finals, London (IH)
Week 48, Nov 3oth: DC Final

l_mac
01-12-2009, 01:34 AM
*Threads must be started at least 4 days before the start of a tournament.
*The thread starter must commit to being in the Rafa forum EVERY DAY that the tournament they are thread starter for is running.
*Thread starter must be Rafa forum regular.
*Rafafans ONLY for Slams. Commited Rafa forum members from other fanbases may request regular tour event threads.

elessar
01-12-2009, 02:07 AM
I wanna do the USO too.

Castafiore
01-12-2009, 02:08 AM
A Fedtard who doesn't care one bit for Rafa does NOT open a tournament thread. :(

Dammit, Linda.

Committee? WTF.

l_mac
01-12-2009, 02:10 AM
I wanna do the USO too.

Rafa fans only for Slams. :hug:

l_mac
01-12-2009, 02:10 AM
A Fedtard who doesn't care one bit for Rafa does NOT open a tournament thread. :(

Dammit, Linda.

Committee? WTF.

:haha:

Which thread would you like, Hilde?

elessar
01-12-2009, 02:11 AM
I bet she wants RG, naughty little girl hihihi

Castafiore
01-12-2009, 02:12 AM
language, Claire. Edit before I report you.

Pfffft...I need a break from this place.

l_mac
01-12-2009, 02:13 AM
:hug: Don't be pissed, Hilde. :awww:

No-one will want RG. Imagine if something went wrong :scared:

Castafiore
01-12-2009, 02:16 AM
I am. The lot of you are pissing me off with this. Troll 'r' us.

l_mac
01-12-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm not trolling with this. I think it's a good idea.

Then everyone can take a turn, and we all know what's happening.

star
01-12-2009, 02:21 AM
I don't understand how we got here. :confused:

Castafiore
01-12-2009, 02:21 AM
You're not trolling, Linda? Why do you think it's a good idea? You're opening doors to trolls and you know it. Hence, you're trolling.

A Fedtard? (sorry, Claire, but come on...you're in it for the trolling fun this offers)

Why not invite Gu then?

cmurray
01-12-2009, 02:26 AM
You're not trolling, Linda? Why do you think it's a good idea? You're opening doors to trolls IMO.

A Fedtard? (sorry, Claire, but come on...you're in it for the trolling fun this offers)

Why not invite Gu then?

Stop saying that :bigcry:

l_mac
01-12-2009, 02:28 AM
You're not trolling, Linda? Why do you think it's a good idea? You're opening doors to trolls and you know it. Hence, you're trolling.

Why not invite Gu then?

Why would I want to invite Gu? :confused:

Castafiore
01-12-2009, 02:32 AM
Why would I want to invite Gu? :confused:
Because you're inviting trolls anyway?

l_mac
01-12-2009, 02:33 AM
It would be fun?

I don't think so :shrug: Not only does he hate Nadal, but he hates Rafafans.

cmurray
01-12-2009, 02:34 AM
It would be fun?

let's see here.

Nadull moonball Nadull Nadull cheater moonball Nadull.

Now we don't need Gu. :shrug:

Castafiore
01-12-2009, 02:37 AM
If you're letting a (granted, friendly) Fedtard open a tournament thread, you're opening doors to trolls. You might as well let the worst in then.

l_mac
01-12-2009, 02:40 AM
If you're letting a (granted, friendly) Fedtard open a tournament thread, you're opening doors to trolls. You might as well let the worst in then.

I disagree. Who would post in a thread started by someone who was here trolling? No-one. Then that thread would die.

Castafiore
01-12-2009, 02:45 AM
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Gu keeps getting replies no matter how repetitive he is.

Invite a Fedtard, why not invite Gu? Should I contact Nathi to ask him?

l_mac
01-12-2009, 02:47 AM
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Gu keeps getting replies no matter how repetitive he is.

Invite a Fedtard, why not invite Gu? Should I contact Nathi to ask him?

If you want, Hilde :shrug:

Castafiore
01-12-2009, 02:47 AM
Good. It's your mess.

Xristos
01-12-2009, 03:48 AM
Im opening Monte Carlo. That is for sure.

tennizen
01-12-2009, 04:16 AM
Good. It's your mess.

Oh come on Hilde. It doesn't really matter who opens the thread does it:rolleyes:. We know Claire is one of ours and how does it matter if she's a Fedtard. Anyway most people will complain if she opens so likely she will end up opening some MM at the most . It's just fun to have different people start the thread for different tournaments. So far there is no system for thread starting. Then where are all these trolls you mention. Are they here starting unnecessary threads? And even with all the drama we have been doing since morning, no one outside of our chat has made a single post which indulges us. It's mostly us posting among ourselves.

I can understand if you are pissed off over the drama but I feel your object of irritation is something else and you are ranting over something else.

tennizen
01-12-2009, 04:22 AM
I'll take Rome Linda:D No pressure:dance:

Castafiore
01-12-2009, 08:09 AM
I can understand if you are pissed off over the drama but I feel your object of irritation is something else and you are ranting over something else.
Not really.

Hema, we don't share the same viewpoint on forums so this is probably futile since we're never going to agree on this but I do believe that the player forums need to be some sort of safe zone where fans can talk without being subjected to the sarcastic remarks of people - with the purpose of pushing buttons - with our chat thread as an exception. You find this lame probably (because trolling seems to be a huge part of the fun of MTF for you, whereas I like it only in a limited dosage) but what's next?
Adam starts the tournament threads in the Fed forum and Linda goes and does the same in Novak's forum?

As much as I enjoy JM and Claire as MTF posters (this isn't anti-them either), I hope that they (and others who dislike Nadal) will stick with the chat thread. To be fair, I think that they usually do but when given an open invitation by the Collective...

-Evita-
01-12-2009, 09:20 AM
I agree with Hilde, player forums are supposed to be a safe zone. I have no objection to anyone starting a thread if they are rooting for Rafa but otherwise they should stick to the chat thread.

Bibberz
01-12-2009, 09:30 AM
I agree with Hilde, player forums are supposed to be a safe zone. I have no objection to anyone starting a thread if they are rooting for Rafa but otherwise they should stick to the chat thread.

Jordan started a tournament thread last year, right? :scratch: That guy doesn't like Rafa one bit. I don't remember feeling any less "safe," though.

Castafiore
01-12-2009, 09:42 AM
That was one occassion (and I didn't agree with that either but kept quiet about it) but now, this entire circus is being made out of this.

Using the word "safe" zone is perhaps the wrong term because it sounds so dramatic but it's the term used in the MTF rules.

JolánGagó
01-12-2009, 10:06 AM
How is rafafansism supposed to be proved? Should all candidates to open the threads give a blood test or smth? :scratch:

Bibberz
01-12-2009, 10:29 AM
That was one occassion (and I didn't agree with that either but kept quiet about it) but now, this entire circus is being made out of this.

I have no problem with the "committee" aspect behind determining the threadstarters, but I do agree that accepting applications for every tournament this year right now is a bit...awkward and--possibly--circus-like.

It might be easier if people could only apply for like four tournaments at a time or something. I don't feel too strongly about this, though, since I don't plan on "applying." :p

Using the word "safe" zone is perhaps the wrong term because it sounds so dramatic but it's the term used in the MTF rules.

That's right--I remember now. I think the word "safe" was used in that instance to describe how forum posters should not be ridiculed for liking the forum player. I agree with that. However, I don't think JM, Mikey, Claire, etc. ridicule Rafatards in an offensive way. They're so...lighthearted about it all. :shrug: We'll just have to trust that the committee will weed out the malicious non-Rafatards.

Metis
01-12-2009, 10:44 AM
:rolls:

I'll take the RG thread since nobody wants it :awww: :unsure:

Though it's difficult to decide now which tournament to ...reserve. Usually when I started a thread last year I did so because I felt like it at that time. :shrug:

JolánGagó
01-12-2009, 11:07 AM
I nominate JM to open all tourny threads this year :hug: :hug: I know it's lots of hours but he can do it from the couch, wher he spends most of his time anyway :hug: :hug:

cmurray
01-12-2009, 12:29 PM
I'll do Miami. :D

Good luck getting somebody to do Wimbledon, btw. :bolt:

acionescu
01-12-2009, 07:36 PM
I want Barcelona :awww: :devil: