Rafa Forum Poll of the Week. Week #1 - Did Rafa lose because of his new shirt? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa Forum Poll of the Week. Week #1 - Did Rafa lose because of his new shirt?

l_mac
01-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah, we'll be having one of these every week.

Please answer seriously :rolleyes:

Betty
01-08-2009, 08:12 PM
..also the hairs....:o

l_mac
01-08-2009, 08:13 PM
I voted "No."

While the sleeves cause me much distress on a personal level, I do not believe they hinder Mr Nadal in a professional level.

I do, however, wish very hard for a return to the clothes of last season. At this time of year the :drool: is all we have.

Betty
01-08-2009, 08:15 PM
i dont see him well for ao..maybe for usa ms...but now...mmm,btw that shier suck:o

Metis
01-08-2009, 08:15 PM
None of the options offered.

Nadal wouldn't have lost if l_mac had picked QF in the MIT competition. :(

acionescu
01-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Both of the above :shrug:

Can I vote both?

EDIT: I can't :mad:

acionescu
01-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Seeing that I can't vote for both I'll go with the obvious reason: the shirt. :shrug:

-Evita-
01-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Linda, if you want people to vote seriously you have to create better polls where anyone can find a fitting option :rolleyes: I wanted to vote 'No' but it says that Rafa always sucks on hard so I can't vote for it :shrug:

l_mac
01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Linda, if you want people to vote seriously you have to create better polls where anyone can find a fitting option :rolleyes: I wanted to vote 'No' but it says that Rafa always sucks on hard so I can't vote for it :shrug:

Maybe you've missed his career up to now.

I will summarise:

Clay - GOD
Grass - AWESOME
Hard - SUCKS

-Evita-
01-08-2009, 09:01 PM
So what do you need the poll for if you already know he always sucks on hard :lol:

savesthedizzle
01-08-2009, 09:03 PM
I voted yes. I think it was the sleeves.

l_mac
01-08-2009, 09:03 PM
So what do you need the poll for if you already know he always sucks on hard :lol:

Because maybe he doesn't suck enough to lose to Clownfils.

Minn
01-08-2009, 09:12 PM
It was a very tough decision, but after much thought, I decided to go with Option #2. I was hoping he'd turned the corner after Toronto, but apparently not.

tennisace21
01-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Honesty, yes. im superstitious :) lucky me. fuck nikeee

wilmar
01-09-2009, 06:52 AM
I voted Yes.

While I think physically the sleeve may not have massive direct effect on Nadal's performance, it will certainly affect Nadal's state of mind and comfort.

We know how Nadal is a creature of anal routines with his "rituals" and water bottles etc. So this change may have affected his comfort, familiarity and hence level of assurance and confidence on court. Coupled with his lack of match play, this could really tip the scale in a tight match, especially early in the season.

Btw, my two young nephews are huge Nadal fans and their parents have just bought them the collection of muscle tee, piratas, bandanas and wrist bands (in all colours). And now they are both so confused and bewildered that the Nadal they so adore and want to emulate is wearing something else on TV now. And I'm sure there are so many other little boys feeling cheated and shattered by this makeover.

rafaelita
01-09-2009, 07:08 AM
I voted No, but I do not entirely agree with the rest of this 'choice'.
I kinda like the new outfit. It's not that he sucks on hard courts, that's a little too extreme imo. I watched the match and I think that Monfils played better, maybe more inspired. Is as simple as that. :)

Mimi
01-09-2009, 07:12 AM
the shirt hides his muscular arms, making him less intimidating, but then, he lost mainly because he played badly :mad::mad:

nashty
01-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Rafa was distracted his opponent is wearing sleeveless while he has pieces of cloth covering his :drool: biceps. :shrug:

scarecrows
01-09-2009, 10:04 AM
he got arthritis because his knees suffered the cold
should have kept those horrible long shorts that go up his ass and go below his knees

dorkino
01-09-2009, 11:20 AM
The answer to the thread title this week is no. :unsure: :scared:

MyPrecious
01-09-2009, 11:03 PM
I voted Yes :devil:

And I think we should use this excuse if he f**ks up the rest of his season, too ;)

emzy
01-09-2009, 11:22 PM
I voted Yes :devil:

And I think we should use this excuse if he f**ks up the rest of his season, too ;)

i agree :p

i dont like the sleeves...rafa's biceps = the BEST!!! dont cover them!