Doha R2: Roddick def Clement 6-3 7-5 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Doha R2: Roddick def Clement 6-3 7-5

tangerine_dream
01-07-2009, 07:31 PM
A lot of rust to shake off, Andy wasted too much time dicking around with the ball instead of hitting it, same old same old. :o He almost lost serve while serving for the match but came back to clinch it.

Clement being a douchebag to the ballkids as always.

Stensland
01-07-2009, 07:35 PM
i only watched the second set, it was quite decent with some nice rallies. andy was pretty aggressive throughout the retunr games and definitely deserved to close the match in straight sets.

clement came up with some great passing shots as well though, so overall a nice match.

Nidhogg
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Great stuff in the first set. Clement got an early break and was up *2-1 40-0, and then lost 14 points in a row. The boys then continued to trade breaks back and forth.

Deboogle!.
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Voo oh great stats king, when's the last time Andy played a set that involved five breaks of serve?:rolls:

Nidhogg
01-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Another funny thing is how Roddick barely got his bombs over 200 km/h today. The balls at Doha must be überslow.

DartMarcus
01-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Semifinal will be a satisfying result for Andy here.

Ivanatis
01-07-2009, 08:03 PM
if Rod keeps serving like that, it's gonna be a very tough year:(

scarecrows
01-07-2009, 08:11 PM
the slice won roddick the match

Fumus
01-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Hilarious 10-15 shot rallies with Roddick floppin' the ball all over the place. Jeesh a microcosm of Roddick's desire to spin the forehand was when Andy had an opportunity to put a ball left sitting on his forehand wing away while Clement was at net...Andy opted to topspin lob instead of a flat pass. It was a winner but, lolz...the Andy I know used to drill people at net. The serve improved as it went on, which as we know is Andy's only real hope for success...since he's seem to given up on the idea of hitting winners from the back of the court...

El Legenda
01-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Roddick sucks.

kiwi10is
01-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Great to see Arnaud playing that well!! Some amazing ralleys

Loremaster
01-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Hilarious 10-15 shot rallies with Roddick floppin' the ball all over the place. Jeesh a microcosm of Roddick's desire to spin the forehand was when Andy had an opportunity to put a ball left sitting on his forehand wing away while Clement was at net...Andy opted to topspin lob instead of a flat pass. It was a winner but, lolz...the Andy I know used to drill people at net. The serve improved as it went on, which as we know is Andy's only real hope for success...since he's seem to given up on the idea of hitting winners from the back of the court...

it wasn't that bad, I think he showed some good signs, backhand was very solid, those slices much better selection and deeper, and he hit some agressive forehand, not so much but he can go ahead from there.

Rogieva
01-07-2009, 09:54 PM
First time I've seen Andy play in a while and wow :tape: No aggression at all, his forehand is just a overspun piece of shit. Without his serve he is a nobody.

Knightmace
01-07-2009, 10:30 PM
A lot of rust to shake off, Andy wasted too much time dicking around with the ball instead of hitting it, same old same old. :o He almost lost serve while serving for the match but came back to clinch it.

Clement being a douchebag to the ballkids as always.
What did he do?

Loremaster
01-07-2009, 10:34 PM
What did he do?

he was down 0-40 when serving for set but with some good serves he pulled it out

Stensland
01-07-2009, 10:36 PM
First time I've seen Andy play in a while and wow :tape: No aggression at all, his forehand is just a overspun piece of shit. Without his serve he is a nobody.

no aggression at all? compared to clement he was quite the force on court in my opinion. he ripped his forehand pretty well from time to time. i think andy will look much better if he can counter-punch a bit more but when you're up against clement you're most likely the one who has to act instead of react. andy's not the action-type of guy anymore. but he's reacted quite well in this match, coming up with passing shots when he had to, even on his backhand side.

tangerine_dream
01-07-2009, 10:41 PM
What did he do?
Barking at the ball kids and getting impatient with them if they didn't bring his towel fast enough.

Jimnik
01-07-2009, 10:54 PM
So Andy has no FH and, apparently, no serve anymore. It's going to be a long year. :o

At least he has the clay season.

Knightmace
01-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Barking at the ball kids and getting impatient with them if they didn't bring his towel fast enough.
Does he have kids? :(