Sydney: 'It is a far, far better thing that he does...' [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Sydney: 'It is a far, far better thing that he does...'

Herdwick
01-06-2009, 06:43 PM
A surprise entry here but we may hope that it is not a complete waste.

And as our expectations are pretty low, I need feel no responsiblity for the results.

*Ljubica*
01-06-2009, 06:47 PM
:worship: Great title - though hopefully our boy will keep his head in this particular tale :) Thanks for starting the thread :hug:

kalisita
01-06-2009, 06:49 PM
A surprise entry here but we may hope that it is not a complete waste.

And as our expectations are pretty low, I need feel no responsiblity for the results.

I fear that we all just may have to accept that the results are all on Nole and no one else. :sad:

Here's hoping the season restarts itself in Sydney! :)

Here's the official website: http://www.medibankinternational.com.au/
Look: Nenad shall be there! :hearts:

*Ljubica*
01-06-2009, 06:51 PM
I fear that we all just may have to accept that the results are all on Nole and no one else. :sad:

Here's hoping the season restarts itself in Sydney! :)

Here's the official website: http://www.medibankinternational.com.au/
Look: Nenad shall be there! :hearts:

Nenad :hearts: And also I believe Dusan and Janko ;) Will be a right little Serbian convention! Perhaps we should all go and enjoy the sights :p

kalisita
01-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Nenad :hearts: And also I believe Dusan and Janko ;) Will be a right little Serbian convention! Perhaps we should all go and enjoy the sights :p

Janko is on the qualifying list so here's hoping he makes it in! :)

zsanika
01-06-2009, 06:55 PM
good luck Nole in Sydney!!!you can do it!We know it and we are with you!

Herdwick
01-06-2009, 06:56 PM
We shall airbrush today from the annals and try to keep in mind that history is written by the winners.

Nice to see the big 3 are all doing splendidly in Doha :devil:

*Ljubica*
01-06-2009, 08:00 PM
We shall airbrush today from the annals and try to keep in mind that history is written by the winners.

Nice to see the big 3 are all doing splendidly in Doha :devil:

They'll all do so well, they'll be exhausted by AO :devil: And besides - what competition did they have? Montanes and Starace, and a very old Santoro :rolleyes: Nole was just unlucky with the draw in Brisbane - these things happen sometimes.

zsanika
01-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Good idea that he will play in Sydney?he will be not tired in Melbourn?
I think it is good idea BUT..he know..if he will play than I say O.K. Nole and good luck:-)

Sunset of Age
01-07-2009, 02:15 AM
There, I've done it. :p :p :p

Vamos! Hopp! LOLZ!!! ;)

Come on, Djoko! Show us your worth! :armed: ;)

jitterbug
01-07-2009, 02:20 AM
He didn't look tired in yesterday's match, just rusty and unenthusiastic. If my observations are correct, it seems like he needs match practice more than rest right now... Though he can't have too much of one at the expense of the other, of course :)

PS - I haven't read around this forum recently, but what's the update on the Nole-Marko situation? :scratch: I thought they got a wildcard into the doubles?

~Maya~
01-07-2009, 02:22 AM

Vamos! Hopp! LOLZ!!! ;)

:haha: :haha: Karin :devil:

I like the title

kalisita
01-07-2009, 02:24 AM

Vamos! Hopp! LOLZ!!! ;)

Come on, Djoko! Show us your worth! :armed: ;)

:lol:

Child, you are brave.

:rocker2:

Sunset of Age
01-07-2009, 02:27 AM
:haha: :haha: Karin :devil:

I like the title

:lol:

Child, you are brave.

:rocker2:

Had to do it after this evening's uggliness :armed: :ras: popping up. :p

Thanks folks! :hug:

EDIT: ;)

Sunset of Age
01-07-2009, 02:35 AM
No offense to Herdwick's thread. Just merge. :)

zsanika
01-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Novak Djokovic heading to Sydney

Wednesday 7 January 2009

World No. 3 Novak Djokovic has been granted the second men’s wildcard to the Medibank International Sydney, which begins on Sunday 11 January at Sydney Olympic Park Tennis Centre.

The Australian Open defending champion will head to Sydney later this week following his loss to Latvian Ernests Gulbis (6-4, 6-4) in the Brisbane International today.

It will be the Serbian star’s first visit to the harbour city and he is looking forward to continuing his preparation for the Australian Open at the Medibank International Sydney.

“I’m very grateful to receive the wildcard to Sydney,” said Djokovic. “It was disappointing to lose in Brisbane but I now have another chance for more high quality matches in Sydney.”

“I have heard a lot about the tournament and I am looking forward to playing there.”

Tournament Director Craig Watson is delighted to welcome the entertaining Serb to the Medibank International Sydney as the third top 10 player.

“It is obviously disappointing for Novak to have bowed out in Brisbane as he gears up for the Australian Open,” said Watson.

“We certainly understand that he will be looking for matches leading up to the Open and with that we are happy to be in a position to provide Novak with a wildcard for the Medibank International Sydney.”

Djokovic will be top seed in the men’s draw which also includes French pair Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Gilles Simon, Argentine David Nalbandian and four time Medibank International Sydney champion Lleyton Hewitt.

The women’s field boasts Serena Williams, Dinara Safina, Elena Dementieva, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Australians Casey Dellacqua and Sam Stosur.

Tickets for the Medibank International Sydney are available now through Ticketek via phone: 1300 888 104 or http://www.ticketek.com.au.

Herdwick
01-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Karin - so sorry. I thought you'd declined. My title will be lost on anyone who's not read Dickens so by all means replace it with yours.

Or please do start the AO one, unless Fortuna objects:armed:

Ahem - I came here before seeing the Cyberspace!

*Ljubica*
01-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Karin - so sorry. I thought you'd declined. My title will be lost on anyone who's not read Dickens so by all means replace it with yours.

Or please do start the AO one, unless Fortuna objects:armed:

Ahem - I came here before seeing the Cyberspace!

I think Fortuna would :sobbing: if anyone took the AO away from her - I personally wouldn't dare :unsure: But Karin has many more chances - and I love Dickens!!!

ellewoods
01-08-2009, 10:09 AM
I posted this on Djokovic's official forum but will repost here:

Well I am back from my adventures in Brisbane and after Novak's loss I felt it had been a bad decision to go see him play. He was pretty uninspiring in that match and yes there were many contributing factors but i could see he was not into it. There was no fire in him and I hope this will return when he plays in Sydney.

HOWEVER! I did meet him yesterday! I was about to leave for the day but decided I should do one last check of the practice courts to see if I could spot any players of interest. And lo and behold!!! He was just finishing his session and came out and signed autographs and took photos. I was very lucky to get two autographs and a photo with him. It was one of the best days of my life!

I am glad that, despite his loss, he was still very happy and cheerful to sign autographs for his fans.

And I will definitely try to go to the Sydney tournament. I am hoping they give him night matches otherwise I have work during the day. Or I hope he makes the semis/finals so I can go on the weekend. He is apparently arriving on Saturday (which I think is stupid cos he should be settled in and give himself time to get used to the Sydney courts) so I will also try and get to the courts to see him practice this weekend.

Am I right to think that he has a bye in the first round?

Herdwick
01-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks for this. Remembered you were there when we were suffering on here Tuesday!:rolleyes: No point blaming yourself :lol: and lucky you for meeting him. :kiss:

We have agreed we shall start the year afresh in Sydney. I would have thought he'd have gone straight there :confused: - perhaps he's gone surfing.

ellewoods
01-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Yes, here's hoping for a fresh start in Sydney :)

Oh I forgot to say I met Marian too. He was sooo adorable and so surpised when I asked for his autograph and photo haha.

Running:Free
01-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh I forgot to say I met Marian too. He was sooo adorable and so surpised when I asked for his autograph and photo haha.

That's cute :lol: Glad you found a silver lining in that trip, Elle :hug:

ellewoods
01-08-2009, 03:07 PM
That's cute :lol: Glad you found a silver lining in that trip, Elle :hug:

Oh yes, I definitely saw the silver lining! I see it like this, if Djokovic hadn't lost in Brisbane, he would have played second round yesterday and hence not have been at the practice courts at the time when I went, therefore I would not have met him. Further, if he hadn't lost, he wouldnt be coming to Sydney and hence I would not be able to see him play again.

So people, dont despair..every cloud has a silver lining!

Also, I kinda wanna make him a little book of messages and supportive comments etc from his fans. Do you think this is a good idea? And do you think I might be able to get it to him? I'm worried I wont be as lucky in Sydney as I was in Brisbane as the Serbian popultion is much larger here and hence harder to get near him. The other thing is whether I can compose it in time!

*Ljubica*
01-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Elle :wavey: Thanks so much for your report. Sorry he lost when you watched him play, but at least you got to meet him. I'm so happy for you, that it all worked out :) Yes Marian is a sweetie too - very modest and a gentleman. I don't know why they're staying in Brisbane so long :shrug: But I did read somewhere that Nole and Marian have been playing golf in Brisbane, so maybe they may have friends/relatives there and enjoying some relaxing time :shrug: Don't know for sure though.

About the guestbook thing - sounds like a nice idea, but I guess it depends how much time it will take you to prepare. I've never been to Sydney so I don't know what your chances will be to meet them there again - but I know Nole always comes out to practice about 2 and a half hours before his matches, so if you hung around the practice courts at around that time, you may be lucky ;)

Again - thanks for your reports and so glad you had fun :hug:

Lee
01-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Oh yes, I definitely saw the silver lining! I see it like this, if Djokovic hadn't lost in Brisbane, he would have played second round yesterday and hence not have been at the practice courts at the time when I went, therefore I would not have met him. Further, if he hadn't lost, he wouldnt be coming to Sydney and hence I would not be able to see him play again.

So people, dont despair..every cloud has a silver lining!

Also, I kinda wanna make him a little book of messages and supportive comments etc from his fans. Do you think this is a good idea? And do you think I might be able to get it to him? I'm worried I wont be as lucky in Sydney as I was in Brisbane as the Serbian popultion is much larger here and hence harder to get near him. The other thing is whether I can compose it in time!

Before Federer winning his first slam, some of his fans (all over the world) used to collect messages, put in a red envelope and gave him the envelope during tournaments. I don't know whether they are still doing this though. If you are going to do it, Sydney is a good time because Chinese New Year is coming (during AO) and red envelope is kind of good luck. From the way he carried a good luck charm in his tennis bag during Olympics, I believe he's superstitious enough :lol:

ellewoods
01-08-2009, 11:26 PM
I definitely would not mind spending today composing it. Even if it was just a few messages from you guys and the people on his official forums. Should we give it a go?

The red envelope idea sounds awesome but I dont know where I am going to find one big enough! I'll go to the shops later today to have a look. PM me your messages? I should probably start a new thread but I don't want to include messages from total randoms lol

~Maya~
01-10-2009, 12:37 AM
When is draw coming out for Sydney? Is it tonight?

kalisita
01-10-2009, 12:52 AM
When is draw coming out for Sydney? Is it tonight?

Yes. The draw is scheduled for Jan 10 at noon in Sydney. I believe Sydney is 16 hrs ahead of east coast US so that means the ceremeony should begin at 8 pm tonight. But, who knows when we'll get to see it. :shrug: Took forever for Brisbane to come out. :( Hopefully, Sydney will be faster.

edit: Just saw that they're doing autograph sessions first at noon. The draw ceremony itself won't begin until 1 pm.

~Maya~
01-10-2009, 02:22 AM
Yes. The draw is scheduled for Jan 10 at noon in Sydney. I believe Sydney is 16 hrs ahead of east coast US so that means the ceremeony should begin at 8 pm tonight. But, who knows when we'll get to see it. :shrug: Took forever for Brisbane to come out. :( Hopefully, Sydney will be faster.

edit: Just saw that they're doing autograph sessions first at noon. The draw ceremony itself won't begin until 1 pm.
Thanks! I am not going to hope to see it until after midnight at least. *sigh*

kalisita
01-10-2009, 04:13 AM
Sydney draw. http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atpworldtour.com/1/posting/2009/338/mds.pdf

1st Quarter
Djokovic vs Bye
Seppi vs Mathieu
Ancic vs Malisse
Melzer vs Robredo

2nd Quarter
Tsonga vs Bye
Bolelli vs Starace
Nieminen vs Lopez
Guccione vs Berdych

3rd Quarter
Fish vs Tipsarevic
Bennetteau vs Hewitt
Gremelmayr vs Llodra
Bye vs Nalbandian

4th Quarter
Andreev vs Dancevic
Chardy vs Stepanek
Tursunov vs Gasquet
Bye vs Simon

uglyamerican
01-10-2009, 05:38 AM
I like this draw. Just enough of a challenge, but the difficult defensive players are more in the bottom half.

ellewoods
01-10-2009, 06:21 AM
Ooh Tsonga is in his half - this is not good. Tsonga has serious ownage over Nole of late.

The other danger men in his half are definitely Mathieu and Ancic. Mathieu has been playing really well in Brisbane.

Okay and reports from the courts of Sydney - I just came back and did not see Nole there. Therefore I have been unable to pass on your messages but I do have plans to go back tomorrow. Wish me luck!

PS I did see Simon and wow, the man is SKINNY.

jitterbug
01-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Nole arrived at about 6pm. He was in off-court gear (checked shirt and jeans) so I imagine he just got off the flight?

I got a photo with him - hardly anyone was there at that time, so he wasn't really bothered. I had a short chat with Marian too about the Nole/Maki no-show in Brisbane. Good times!

zsanika
01-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Djokovic, Tipsarevic,Zimonjic all three are playing in Sydney:-)
come on!!!!
I saw yesterday so,that Tsonga had something problem with his knee

jitterbug
01-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Djokovic, Tipsarevic,Zimonjic all three are playing in Sydney:-)

Vemic too ;) I saw him hitting with Jamie Murray today.

shuhrat
01-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Nole arrived at about 6pm. He was in off-court gear (checked shirt and jeans) so I imagine he just got off the flight?

I got a photo with him - hardly anyone was there at that time, so he wasn't really bothered. I had a short chat with Marian too about the Nole/Maki no-show in Brisbane. Good times!

You had a great time! What did he told about Nole/Marko doubles?

jitterbug
01-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Marian just said that they (I assumed he meant the Djokovics) changed their minds and decided that it was better for them to stay in Europe. I don't know whether it means there'll be no more NOLE t-shirts in the AO player's box or whether he was referring to Brisbane specifically. I forgot to enquire further :o

I told him thanks for the clarification because some of his fans are confused that news of the wildcard came out but not of the change of plans.

shuhrat
01-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks! ;)

zsanika
01-10-2009, 10:37 AM
in Nole's half is Tsonga:-(,Robredo..Do you remember the USO match against Robredo?
Simon's first match will not be easy and Janko,I think he has not a good draw,but come on!!!!!!

*Ljubica*
01-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Don't like the draw :help: But then I never do :o

Elle - good luck tomorrow and have fun.

Zahirah - thanks for the updates and enjoy your time in Sydney. Random Fitness Trainer fangirl question :o Was Miljan there, as I don't think he went to Brisbane? Thanks.

ellewoods
01-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Jitterbug I had no idea you were a fellow Sydneysider! We should meet up :) Are you going to the courts tomorrow?

jitterbug
01-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Zahirah - thanks for the updates and enjoy your time in Sydney. Random Fitness Trainer fangirl question :o Was Miljan there, as I don't think he went to Brisbane? Thanks.

No worries :)

Oh gosh, I didn't notice :o they all just piled out of a car then and I immediately zoomed in to Marian :lol: there were quite a few people, but I didn't have time to figure out which was which.

Nole had his back to the world, the sneaky sod :rolls: he was standing right next to a practice court which was covered in blue netting - and from the back he looked like he could be anyone. I only realised he was there because Kristen (from MTF) and her mum told me.

Hey Elle - I'll be working tomorrow, but I'll be at the tennis on Monday and Tuesday :)

*Ljubica*
01-10-2009, 12:06 PM
No worries :)

Oh gosh, I didn't notice :o they all just piled out of a car then and I immediately zoomed in to Marian :lol: there were quite a few people, but I didn't have time to figure out which was which.

Nole had his back to the world, the sneaky sod :rolls: he was standing right next to a practice court which was covered in blue netting - and from the back he looked like he could be anyone. I only realised he was there because Kristen (from MTF) and her mum told me.

Hey Elle - I'll be working tomorrow, but I'll be at the tennis on Monday and Tuesday :)

:eek: I'm truly shocked :eek: How could you not notice the only person in the Djokovic team I truly fangirl? :lol: No - seriously - no worries - I was just worried because he didn't seem to be around in any photos I saw from Brisbane :shrug: I'm sure he'll turn up :)

Say :wavey: to Kristen for me if you see her again please. She's already under strict instructions to take photos of Miljan for me if she sees him :lol:

Jelena_78
01-10-2009, 12:06 PM

Great! :)

Vemic too ;) I saw him hitting with Jamie Murray today.

:p

Have fun! :D
And be careful not to get sunburn like last year :awww: :hug:

:wavey:

jitterbug
01-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Sorry, Jelena, love - I have no photos of Dule because my camera battery went dead after my 92907377736th photo of Mario :awww: I will try again on Monday/Tuesday!

ellewoods
01-10-2009, 12:21 PM
I just read that Nole plays on Tuesday which means I wont get to see him cos I have work :bigcry: Guess I will have to hope to see him practicing tomorrow [crosses fingers]

*Ljubica*
01-10-2009, 12:26 PM
I just read that Nole plays on Tuesday which means I wont get to see him cos I have work :bigcry: Guess I will have to hope to see him practicing tomorrow [crosses fingers]

:awww: :hug: I thought it would be on Wednesday, but kind of forgot that this tournament will run earlier than most to get it over earlier because of AO. Good luck tomorrow.

jitterbug
01-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Elle, I'm pretty sure he'll practice tomorrow - I haven't seen him hit in Sydney yet and he wouldn't dare go and play PHM/Seppi cold, surely :lol: good luck!

ellewoods
01-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Elle, I'm pretty sure he'll practice tomorrow - I haven't seen him hit in Sydney yet and he wouldn't dare go and play PHM/Seppi cold, surely :lol: good luck!

True that but I wont be able to get there til 2pm. What time does he usually practice? When I saw him in Brisbane it was about 5pm. I'm hoping for the same here. It would just be my luck that I wont get to see him in my hometown lol.

And Rose, yeh I thought it would be Wednesday too as the schedule lists mens second round singles as being played Wednesday. I thought maybe they would give him night billing and that would be awesome so I could go after work haha.

ellewoods
01-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Actually, unless this schedule is wrong...how can he play on Tuesday? http://www.medibankinternational.com.au/event-guide/schedule

zsanika
01-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Please tell everything that,what happened in Sydney. When and how much practiced Nole,how looks it,is Nole good on the court or..:-)

01-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Oh gosh, I didn't notice :o they all just piled out of a car then and I immediately zoomed in to Marian :lol:

:lol: Thanks for the report :hug:

I saw yesterday so,that Tsonga had something problem with his knee

His knee is acting up again? :unsure: Is there a link to this?

kalisita
01-11-2009, 06:01 AM

:awww: :hug: I thought it would be on Wednesday, but kind of forgot that this tournament will run earlier than most to get it over earlier because of AO. Good luck tomorrow.

Actually, unless this schedule is wrong...how can he play on Tuesday? http://www.medibankinternational.com.au/event-guide/schedule

To settle the confusion, no Nole Tuesday for no other reason than Seppi-Mathieu aren't scheduled Monday. Looks like it'll be Wednesday. :)

Tsonga will probably get the night match again. :rolleyes:

jitterbug
01-11-2009, 07:03 AM
So Nole practiced at noon just now - I hope you managed to catch him, Elle :)

~Maya~
01-11-2009, 07:05 AM
So Nole practiced at noon just now - I hope you managed to catch him, Elle :)

How did he look? Happy? Miserable? so-so?

jitterbug
01-11-2009, 07:38 AM
How did he look? Happy? Miserable? so-so?

I didn't get to watch him - I was on volunteer duties today :awww:

~Maya~
01-11-2009, 07:46 AM
I didn't get to watch him - I was on volunteer duties today :awww:

:awww:
Thanks for replying
I hope you are enjoying your volunteer work.

jitterbug
01-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Today is my last day as a volunteer :D I'm attending the tournament as a spectator tomorrow and on Tuesday - fingers crossed I'd see Nole!

~Maya~
01-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Today is my last day as a volunteer :D I'm attending the tournament as a spectator tomorrow and on Tuesday - fingers crossed I'd see Nole!

Great! Good luck! Try to make the best out of it :D
Don't forget your camera and maybe an extra battery :dance:

ellewoods
01-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey guys. Reporting back on my day.

I got there at 3pm and wandered around aimlessly from court to court for a couple of hours looking for someone I knew or Novak haha. I finally decided to settle in and watch Bolleli and Andreev train - purely because Bolleli was topless. Then they finished up and I saw Ancic heading to another court so I decided to go to him, get a pic and call it a day cos I was getting tired.

BUT LO AND BEHOLD! Nole shows up on the same court as Ancic to practice with him. I was ecstatic but not as ecstatic as when I saw him in Brisbane. Now reporting on his game - his serve appeared better today but seemed to struggle a bit with his first serve still. He was hitting some cracking groundstrokes but he seemed to have trouble finding his range for some of it. His drop shot still seems to have stuck around. His footwork was very good.

All in all, he looked happy and was joking and entertaining the crowd a little. However he was less enthusiastic about signing autographs and taking photos today. However that may have something to do with the huuuuge crowd around him. I didn't bother going for another autograph/photo with him because it was too darn difficult. He only signed a few before security intervened and whisked him away on a cart. I followed Marian and gave him the messages from you guys though. It ended up not being a book but messages bound on cardboard with some ribbon in Serbian colours. I hope he got it!

Phew.

And oh, very good news about Wednesday play but he better freaking get the night match!!

ellewoods
01-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Some photos:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2647.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2649.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2652.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2653.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2656.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2658.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2661.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2665.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2666.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2667.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2671.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2675.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2693.jpg

And one of a topless Ancic ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2657.jpg

amdany
01-11-2009, 12:22 PM
thanks a lot and above all thanks for the last one:hearts:

*Ljubica*
01-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Elle - fantastic photos :worship: Thanks for sharing. And so glad you got to see him and to give the messages over. I'm really happy for you :)

zsanika
01-11-2009, 12:32 PM
elle!you are very very lucky!!!!!!!!!
and it is very good that Nole looks happy,and not nervous,tense...

pookykiki
01-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the pics Elle :hug:
Nole could follow Mario's example and take off his shirt! :devil: He looks focus...

*Ljubica*
01-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the pics Elle :hug:
Nole could follow Mario's example and take off his shirt! :devil: He looks focus...

:lol: Maybe he was scared of Elle's reaction :p

Edit: Random - WTF is Marin doing serving for the match against Devvarman and losing his own serve :banghead:

pookykiki
01-11-2009, 01:29 PM

Edit: Random - WTF is Marin doing serving for the match against Devvarman and losing his own serve :banghead:

Yes I know :scared:. I'm annoyed right now!

*Ljubica*
01-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes I know :scared:. I'm annoyed right now!

So am I :spit: That Chennai crowd are really, REALLY annoying me - and Devvarman is singularly unattractive :spit:

shuhrat
01-11-2009, 01:32 PM

Now BP aganin. Save... :o Come on, Marin!!!!! :mad:

*Ljubica*
01-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Now BP aganin. Save... :o Come on, Marin!!!!! :mad:

Hi Hana :wavey:

shuhrat
01-11-2009, 01:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/justpushplay/Novak/CIMG2665.jpg
They are potential QF opponent but still practiced together. :)
Anyway, he is supposed to wear CC Genius,
then why wearing BaricadeV in training session? No need to get used to them?

shuhrat
01-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi Hana :wavey:

Good Morning! (It's 10:35pm here :lol:)
Though it's tough to play home favorate I can't understand why he is so struggling to beat him. :o

Edit : Goot afternoon! hehe

*Ljubica*
01-11-2009, 01:38 PM
I saw Nole and Mario practice together at Roland Garros last year too :shrug: Must just enjoy working together :)

No idea about the BaricadeV thing :shrug:

Lee
01-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks Elle! Nole likes to practise with his friends and he is very entertaining in practise. It was so fun watching him practised with Stepanek last year. :rolls:

Herdwick
01-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Thank you - such close promixity makes those of us in the far northern hemisphere somewhat jealous.

kalisita
01-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Livestreams:

P2P (thanks to Herdwick): http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?&competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=tennis&allowedDays=2,3,4,5,6 (looks like Bet365 and Betfair only so us Americans left out. :sad::mad:)

Channelsurfing: http://channelsurfing.net/

Atdhe: http://atdhe.net/

Spes
01-12-2009, 03:35 AM
I hope he plays the first match or two so I can see him play this year before AO.

savesthedizzle
01-12-2009, 03:43 AM
I saw Nole and Mario practice together at Roland Garros last year too :shrug: Must just enjoy working together :)

No idea about the BaricadeV thing :shrug:

I saw Nole and Mario practice together back in Montreal 05 ;)

They go way back :lol:

And it was an incredibly enjoyable practice session :angel:

~Maya~
01-12-2009, 03:46 AM
Hey guys. Reporting back on my day.

I got there at 3pm and wandered around aimlessly from court to court for a couple of hours looking for someone I knew or Novak haha. I finally decided to settle in and watch Bolleli and Andreev train - purely because Bolleli was topless. Then they finished up and I saw Ancic heading to another court so I decided to go to him, get a pic and call it a day cos I was getting tired.

BUT LO AND BEHOLD! Nole shows up on the same court as Ancic to practice with him. I was ecstatic but not as ecstatic as when I saw him in Brisbane. Now reporting on his game - his serve appeared better today but seemed to struggle a bit with his first serve still. He was hitting some cracking groundstrokes but he seemed to have trouble finding his range for some of it. His drop shot still seems to have stuck around. His footwork was very good.

All in all, he looked happy and was joking and entertaining the crowd a little. However he was less enthusiastic about signing autographs and taking photos today. However that may have something to do with the huuuuge crowd around him. I didn't bother going for another autograph/photo with him because it was too darn difficult. He only signed a few before security intervened and whisked him away on a cart. I followed Marian and gave him the messages from you guys though. It ended up not being a book but messages bound on cardboard with some ribbon in Serbian colours. I hope he got it!

Phew.

And oh, very good news about Wednesday play but he better freaking get the night match!!

Thanks so much. I am glad that he looked happy. Thanks for the photos too.

Lee
01-12-2009, 04:03 AM
I take a closer look at ellewood's pics and I have to say his thighs are definitely more muscular.

kalisita
01-12-2009, 05:20 AM
Sydney player party video on Sydney site. Nole's in it a of couple times. http://www.medibankinternational.com.au/audio-video

jitterbug
01-12-2009, 10:34 AM
I saw Nole hitting with Nalbandian today - he was on the court furthest away from the public and he sneakily :aplot: chose a time when Ancic was practicing topless. The fangirls didn't notice he was there until about 20 minutes because they were all distracted by Mario's glistening torso.

I took a couple of photos, hopefully they turned out all right :scratch:

*Ljubica*
01-12-2009, 12:02 PM
I saw Nole hitting with Nalbandian today - he was on the court furthest away from the public and he sneakily :aplot: chose a time when Ancic was practicing topless. The fangirls didn't notice he was there until about 20 minutes because they were all distracted by Mario's glistening torso.

I took a couple of photos, hopefully they turned out all right :scratch:

How sneaky was that :lol: Look forward to the photos.

Sydney player party video on Sydney site. Nole's in it a of couple times.

http://www.medibankinternational.com.au/audio-video

Thanks. Is it bitchy of me to say some of those WTA women need a lesson in fashion sense? All that money, and not a clue how to dress for such an occasion :rolleyes:

jitterbug
01-12-2009, 12:04 PM
How sneaky was that :lol: Look forward to the photos.

Of Nole or Mario's glistening torso? :lol: :aplot:

Herdwick
01-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Haven't you got any of Nole's glistening torso :inlove: :lol:

jitterbug
01-12-2009, 12:07 PM
He was impeccably-behaved, unfortunately :bigcry: he kept his clothes on the whole time.

(But then, he was wearing lime-green shorts with the turqoise sweatband - it was serious visual pollution.)

*Ljubica*
01-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Of Nole or Mario's glistening torso? :lol: :aplot:

:lol: Both would be fine :) Would prefer the Fitness Trainer most of course though ;)

ellewoods
01-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Mmm glistening torsos. Now that's an image I can carry with me to bed.

Glad you saw him jitterbug. Are you talking about the courts to the right of the stadium? And the one at the very very end where hardly anyone goes? I was surprised he doesnt just always train there considering the attention he gets.

Herdwick
01-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Mmmm - it is a nice thought isn't it. The only thing currently sustaining me at work is the thought of a certain glistening torso. You people down there are so lucky.

jitterbug
01-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Mmm glistening torsos. Now that's an image I can carry with me to bed.

Glad you saw him jitterbug. Are you talking about the courts to the right of the stadium? And the one at the very very end where hardly anyone goes? I was surprised he doesnt just always train there considering the attention he gets.

It's the one at the end of the grounds, next to the players' lounge. Hewitt was there, too, this morning.

jitterbug
01-12-2009, 03:15 PM
The photos aren't very good, unfortunately. Hopefully Mario's glistening torso will make up for the lack of Nole-ness :p

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paifairuz/sets/72157612479287820/

PS - why is he still using the Wilson racquet bag? :scratch: even if he's using a paint job racquet, they're not making a good effort to keep it subtle, huh?

*Ljubica*
01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
The photos aren't very good, unfortunately. Hopefully Mario's glistening torso will make up for the lack of Nole-ness :p

PS - why is he still using the Wilson racquet bag? :scratch: even if he's using a paint job racquet, they're not making a good effort to keep it subtle, huh?

Thanks Zahirah - they're great :worship: You always take amazing photos. Stll no sign of Miljan though :hysteric: Have no idea about the sponsorship thing, but agree with you that they're not exactly being subtle :shrug:

jitterbug
01-12-2009, 03:25 PM
No sign of anybody else either :lol: I wonder where they've stashed Srdjan, bound and gagged.

zsanika
01-12-2009, 03:27 PM
thanks the photos!!!!:-)
Nole practise lot of..and this is very good!for the much practice he will have the good result!

*Ljubica*
01-12-2009, 03:31 PM
No sign of anybody else either :lol: I wonder where they've stashed Srdjan, bound and gagged.

:lol: Well you're in a far better position to find that out than anyone else here! So we're relying on you :)

kalisita
01-12-2009, 03:37 PM

Thanks for sharing! :smooch:

The Wilson bag thing is weird since he did have a Head bag in Brisbane. All this racket drama is getting tiring! Better be straightened out by Wednesday. :mad: Please? :scared:

shuhrat
01-12-2009, 03:42 PM

He always brings new HEAD racquet bag in Brisbane and Sydney until yesterday, as far as I know.
Thanks for pics and witty reports. :hug:

(taken yesterday)

zsanika
01-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Nole's bag in Brisbane:
I know that here it does not show well,but this is not red wilson bag
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm234/katalin56/gulbis5.jpg

kalisita
01-13-2009, 02:14 AM
Mathieu it is tomorrow.

Mathieu d Seppi 6-2, 2-6, 6-3 in almost 2 hrs.

Weds Order of Play http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/1/posting/2009/338/op.pdf
2nd after Tsonga on centre. Followed by Tipsarevic vs Hewitt. (:bigclap: for Tipsy who came back from a break down in 3rd to beat Fish)

shuhrat
01-13-2009, 07:36 AM
After 1st Set I thought PHM would win easily. :zzz:

Don't be distracted by heat of the day, racquets and so on.
Just focus on your game and it will be fine!! :hug:

ellewoods
01-13-2009, 08:58 AM
wow I am so disappointed that Nole is playing the day session. i wish i could call in sick and go to the tennis - such a mouthwatering line-up for the day session! guess i will have to watch live scores :(

did anyone watch the PHM match today? was he playing as well as he was in Brisbane? Because if yes, Nole better bring his game tomorrow! I cannot cry out in frustratin at work.

PS. Nole was using the Head racquet bag when I saw him on Sunday. Dont know why the sudden change :shrug:

zsanika
01-13-2009, 11:00 AM
I think that Nole practised very much in Sydney.I know that He will attain a good result:-)))

*Ljubica*
01-13-2009, 11:43 AM
wow I am so disappointed that Nole is playing the day session. i wish i could call in sick and go to the tennis - such a mouthwatering line-up for the day session! guess i will have to watch live scores :(

did anyone watch the PHM match today? was he playing as well as he was in Brisbane? Because if yes, Nole better bring his game tomorrow! I cannot cry out in frustratin at work.

PS. Nole was using the Head racquet bag when I saw him on Sunday. Dont know why the sudden change :shrug:

Elle - I'm sorry for you :hug: He'll just have to make sure he damn well wins so you can see him later in the week. Will be about 2.00am for me - I'll do my very best to get up and then go back to bed again for a few hours before work. Damn time zones :spit: Good luck Nole - and well done Janko :kiss:

ellewoods
01-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Elle - I'm sorry for you :hug: He'll just have to make sure he damn well wins so you can see him later in the week. Will be about 2.00am for me - I'll do my very best to get up and then go back to bed again for a few hours before work. Damn time zones :spit: Good luck Nole - and well done Janko :kiss:

Yes, I hope so too! And he better win when I go see him play too. Alright, g'night guys! :wavey: Have fun watching the match!

*Ljubica*
01-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Yes, I hope so too! And he better win when I go see him play too. Alright, g'night guys! :wavey: Have fun watching the match!

Goodnight, and sleep well :hug:

:secret: And if I were you I would "throw a sickie" tomorrow for sure :o

MagicMilan
01-14-2009, 02:30 AM
Just great performance :worship: 6-1 6-2
Backhand was working beautifully, plenty of winners from both sides... Mathieu was not given any chance. Much much much better :D

~Maya~
01-14-2009, 02:31 AM
:bigclap:

Lee
01-14-2009, 02:35 AM
Excellent match.

Very likely to face Ancic next match and it will be a tougher test.

Lee
01-14-2009, 02:38 AM
And Ancic won with a very similar scoreline 6-2 6-1

01-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Excellent match.

Very likely to face Ancic next match and it will be a tougher test.

Some testing will do him good, and help solidify the form he seems to have found.

Both wings were clicking today, with few errors. Ajde!

Lee
01-14-2009, 02:43 AM
Some testing will do him good, and help solidify the form he seems to have found.

Both wings were clicking today, with few errors. Ajde!

Agree, he needs a tougher opponent to see how much he improves.

kalisita
01-14-2009, 02:43 AM
:bigclap::bounce::woohoo::bounce::bigclap:

Good win today! Serving well, hitting clean off both wings, few errors. First win of the year!

Ancic tomorrow will be real test. Ajde Nole!

kalisita
01-14-2009, 02:45 AM
Agree, he needs a tougher opponent to see how much he improves.

Not to mention getting used to the Australian heat. I heard it's supposed to be very hot next week.

Spes
01-14-2009, 02:49 AM
Matches is what he needs and with a performance like that we will get more of them this week. :)

*Ljubica*
01-14-2009, 06:08 AM
Nole :woohoo: It was over so quickly, that by the time I got up, I only saw the last four games :awww: But great that he won - and that I got the chance to go back to bed again for 3 hours before work too :lol:

Ajde Nole :)

zsanika
01-14-2009, 06:53 AM
congrats Nole!it was very very good!!!!!!his first serve was GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks Nole!!!

ellewoods
01-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Yay for Nole's win! I'm glad I didnt chuck a sickie today cos I would only have seen him for 55minutes :lol:

PS. My friend informs me that Nole went to the fanfest tent and signed autographs for people! But only for a few minutes lol.

*Ljubica*
01-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Yay for Nole's win! I'm glad I didnt chuck a sickie today cos I would only have seen him for 55minutes :lol:

PS. My friend informs me that Nole went to the fanfest tent and signed autographs for people! But only for a few minutes lol.

Save your sick day for another time :) Enjoy the next match. Now I'd better get back to work :sad:

Lee
01-14-2009, 08:31 AM
It will be a night match for Nole tomorrow start 7:30pm

Herdwick
01-14-2009, 08:43 AM
I missed it - woke up at 2.35am but clearly had miscalculated. Sounds light years better than last week so let's :bounce: and enjoy it.

ellewoods
01-14-2009, 09:19 AM
yes night match! but the price is kinda ridiculous for the seats available. i am of two minds about what i should do...

Herdwick
01-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Go on! It's only money after all and how often do you get to see Nole in the living, quivering, glistening flesh?

Not sure those of us reliant on streams will see this one.:sad: There doesn't seem to be much available for the women's match on now.

zsanika
01-14-2009, 09:31 AM
ORDER OF PLAY THURSDAY:
http://www.medibankinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/thursday-order-of-play-revised.pdf

ellewoods
01-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Go on! It's only money after all and how often do you get to see Nole in the living, quivering, glistening flesh?

Not sure those of us reliant on streams will see this one.:sad: There doesn't seem to be much available for the women's match on now.

i know i know! i'm worried that he might lose again if i go watch him and then i really will be a jinx! :lol: nah there are other factors like how to get home etc.

zsanika
01-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Did somebody see Tsonga today's match?I saw only photos:
this was written to the picture
"Tsonga has treatment from a trainer while playing Simone Bolelli of Italy during their men's singles match at the Sydney Interna"
what was Tsonga problem?

ellewoods
01-14-2009, 10:12 AM
It was his back, I think

zsanika
01-14-2009, 10:24 AM
It was his back, I think

may that Tsonga laid on his back.thanks

*Ljubica*
01-14-2009, 10:27 AM

".........living, quivering, glistening flesh? :eek:

I have no answer to that one, apart from to get back to work. We have no cold showers here to soothe me!

ellewoods
01-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Okay, as I put the transaction through I did have exactly that image of Nole in mind - his living, quivering, glistening flesh and all. Now, he better win (and take his shirt off...just saying)

zsanika
01-14-2009, 10:38 AM
“I served well throughout most of the match,” said Djokovic. “I was more or less happy with my consistency thought the match. I wasn't really having a lot of ups and downs. It was one high level of the game, and really didn't give him any chance to think that he can come back.”

“[Ancic and I] played a couple of times before, and I know him really well, like he knows me,” said Djokovic. “He's been very unlucky with his health in the last couple of years. That's too bad, because he's a great, great player and great talent, and a great, great person as well. He's been playing really well here and he feels comfortable, so I expect a tough match.”

Herdwick
01-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Okay, as I put the transaction through I did have exactly that image of Nole in mind - his living, quivering, glistening flesh and all.

Am sure we have all had our days enlivened by pleasant thoughts.:lick: It will certainly entertain me during the 2 staff appraisals I have to do this pm :devil:

Positively lubricious...

*Ljubica*
01-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Okay, as I put the transaction through I did have exactly that image of Nole in mind - his living, quivering, glistening flesh and all. Now, he better win (and take his shirt off...just saying)

Good girl :) Enjoy the match, - and tell him to take his shirt off for his British fans too!

~Maya~
01-14-2009, 12:52 PM
ORDER OF PLAY THURSDAY:
http://www.medibankinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/thursday-order-of-play-revised.pdf

Night match! Good for him, bad for me

Jelena_78
01-14-2009, 12:57 PM

Good performance!
Some WOW shots!

It will be a night match for Nole tomorrow start 7:30pm

:worship: I can finally get some sleep :)

ellewoods
01-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Night :wavey: See you guys on the other side of Nole ;)

*Ljubica*
01-14-2009, 03:42 PM

Bad for me too :sad: I'll get sleep, but will be at work in a meeting, with very little chance of any Internet access at all :sad:

Night :wavey: See you guys on the other side of Nole ;)

Enjoy :kiss:

Jelena_78
01-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Bad for me too :sad: I'll get sleep, but will be at work in a meeting, with very little chance of any Internet access at all :sad:

The most important are Friday and Saturday matches, no?! :p
We hope he'll go all the way, so we can enjoy our weekend :)
:hug:

zerocool_
01-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Great match Nole, keep it up :)
When the match vs Ancic begins by European time?

*Ljubica*
01-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Great match Nole, keep it up :)
When the match vs Ancic begins by European time?

:wavey: Not before 9.30am European time (8.30am in UK). Hope that helps.

The most important are Friday and Saturday matches, no?! :p
We hope he'll go all the way, so we can enjoy our weekend :)

Indeed :D Ajde Nole :bounce:

zerocool_
01-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Hello Ljubica :) That is great, can get some sleep. Go Nole! :)

MagicMilan
01-14-2009, 05:20 PM
:wavey: Not before 8.30am European time (7.30am in UK). Hope that helps.
Isn't it 9.30 cet? :confused:

*Ljubica*
01-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Isn't it 9.30 cet? :confused:

Ooops :o Yes, you're right :o I was counting my 11 hours ahead to my own UK time, and not CET :o I'll edit my first post now, and hope zerocool sees it. Sorry for confusion - I can just blame being a dumb blonde again :o Thanks for pointing it out :hug:

zerocool_
01-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Ye, i'm here :) Got some stomach problems so i'm stick at home and surfing :) Just hope Nole won't play long matches in Sydney, so he stays fresh for AO.

*Ljubica*
01-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Ye, i'm here :) Got some stomach problems so i'm stick at home and surfing :) Just hope Nole won't play long matches in Sydney, so he stays fresh for AO.

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Feel better! The flu is really all over europe, so get some comfort out of the fact that you're not the only one:lol:

Nole vs Ancic, that's a match I'd like to see. Too bad it's in the morning, I'll be at school then. Good luck Nole:hug:

zerocool_
01-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks :) But i dont think it's flu, i think i eated something bad :( or drink :)) I wasn't been ill for like 5-6 years, got good immunity :)

01-14-2009, 08:40 PM

Word.

uglyamerican
01-15-2009, 09:07 AM
I think its windy right now in Sydney.

18mph wind -- gusts up to 30 mph!!!

Jelena_78
01-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Poor boys :tape:

'Fans' :rolleyes: :o

zerocool_
01-15-2009, 09:46 AM
A bunch of idiots .. Anyways, good game after bad start :) Go Nole!

zsanika
01-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Tsonga out of Sydney

AAP Thursday 15 January 2009

Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is in doubt for the Australian Open after withdrawing from his Medibank International Sydney quarter-final with a back injury.

Tsonga, who powered his way to the Melbourne Park final last year, was scheduled to play Finn Jarkko Nieminen on Thursday night.

The world No.6 had been bothered by his back during his opening match against Simone Bolleli, receiving treatment during the breaks.

ellewoods
01-15-2009, 12:17 PM
I just got home from the tennis. Nole had me on the edge of my seat for the first half of the first set. Good comeback though. Rain has suspended play and I am super annoyed cos now I wasted money and wont get to see the match :(

kalisita
01-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Well, he's in the SFs. :) 1:39 mins of play that took over 3 hrs to complete. Kind of a difficult match because of the rain delays, but Nole played well for the most part. Serve could have been better at times, but not too bad either. Hit some clean winners. Did well to come back from that early break in the first to win in straights. :)

Nieminen tomorrow. He plays the last match of the day session, with the first SF scheduled to start not before 1 pm, with two doubles matches scheduled beforehand.

MagicMilan
01-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Apart from the first 4 games, everything was working just fine :) After the rain break, neither of them seemed too involved, a routine win in the end :D

shuhrat
01-15-2009, 01:06 PM
What a weird match! :tape: Just happy with win. :lol:
Mario :hug:

(What happened to MTF? :o)

Herdwick
01-15-2009, 01:07 PM
We'll take this - thank you Nole. And he really should beat Niemenin (she says confidently).

Dunno - MTF has been very strange all morning. We are sorely missing our emoticons.

Tess Gray
01-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Good win:) Annoying match with the raindelays. Nieminen next, what's the H2H?

Tess Gray
Oh good I'm not the only one who's having problems with MTF :) I was afraid it was my computer again:(

Jelena_78
We'll take this - thank you Nole. And he really should beat Niemenin (she says confidently).

He really should! :)

Jelena_78
01-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Good win:) Annoying match with the raindelays. Nieminen next, what's the H2H?

2:0 :)

*Ljubica*
01-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Congrats Nole :)

~Maya~
01-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Congrats Nole!

Herdwick
01-15-2009, 01:22 PM
He really should! :)

Ok - stand by for an upset. This level of confidence in two consecutive posts is unprecedented...

zsanika
01-15-2009, 01:30 PM
congrats Nole!!thanks!you are the best!!!

"Well, it is (frustrating)," said Djokovic of the rain delays. "You're warming up the muscles and then you're getting cold. On and off the court for a couple of times isn't really the best thing for your body and for your physical condition. It was the same for both of us. We just had to accept it. I think as a winner I can say it's much better to finish tonight."

shuhrat
01-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Who was he on the left? (and for Rosie :devil:)

*Ljubica*
01-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Hana :worship: Thank you so much - he looks simply :inlove:

As for the guy on the left - I don't remember his name, but he is a coach and was doing some work with Novak and Marian when I was in Madrid last year. Ashamed to say I was actually introduced to him one day, and I still don't remember his name :o He's South American I think. Miljan said he helped them out sometimes. If I remember his name I'll post it, - but you know it's hard for me to concentrate on anyone else when Miljan is around :p

And thanks again for the photos.

shuhrat
01-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Totally understand you. :lol:

Anyway, Nole needs a hair cut now. :o It looks so unkempt today and bothering him. :help:

*Ljubica*
01-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Totally understand you. :lol:

Anyway, Nole needs a hair cut now. :o It looks so unkempt today and bothering him. :help:

:awww: I like his hair longer - I really do. I know his shorter hairstyle was probably easier to manage on court, but I personaly think the longer hair is so much nicer :inlove:

shuhrat
01-15-2009, 04:38 PM
:awww: I like his hair longer - I really do. I know his shorter hairstyle was probably easier to manage on court, but I personaly think the longer hair is so much nicer :inlove:

So do I. :D Then he needs Nando's hair gel on court. (seriously :p)

*Ljubica*
01-15-2009, 04:48 PM
So do I. :D Then he needs Nando's hair gel on court. (seriously :p)

:lol: Maybe he can ask him to borrow some :)

zsanika
01-15-2009, 05:51 PM
if Nole wins tomorrow than he will be the 2nd?!
dear Nole come on!!!

star
01-15-2009, 05:51 PM
:yippee:

I'm very glad for Djokovic, and I'll be even happier if he beats Gasquet tomorrow (tonight :lol:)

Lee
01-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Nole should not have problem except that Jarkko has a night off while Nole spent whole night getting hot and cold.

Herdwick
01-15-2009, 06:18 PM

I could have a dream final, if Richie can keep it up and remove LE. Think laptop will have to travel this weekend. Nole is perverse though.

Lee
01-15-2009, 06:30 PM
I keep mixing up players between Auckland and Sydney :o :tape:

Jelena_78
01-15-2009, 09:23 PM

Me too :)

Lee
01-15-2009, 09:37 PM
messy hair and stubbles. :inlove:

these are also the qualities my hubby excels

Lee
01-16-2009, 07:08 AM
When I saw the wind during warm up, I had a not-so-good feeling already and the wind picked up during the game. Nole already had a hard time handling Jarkko's no pace, no power serve, got frustrated with the wind and well, totally lost it on the court.

Have to give a hand to Nieminen as he played a very good game with many excellent winners.

~Maya~
01-16-2009, 07:10 AM

*Ljubica*
01-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Like I said in the other thread - this is not the end of the world, so no need to panic! He has more time to prepare for AO now :) He had three matches, some more practice with the racquet, and got more used to the heat without making himself exhausted. The winner of Sydney has NEVER done well in Melbourne - so try and look on the positive side :)

Tess Gray
01-16-2009, 09:12 AM

I could have a dream final, if Richie can keep it up and remove LE.

So we could have had a dream final... but what we're getting is Nalbandian vs Nieminen :o :ras:

But like Rose said, it's only Sydney. Melbourne is much more important:)

kalisita
01-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Like I said in the other thread - this is not the end of the world, so no need to panic! He has more time to prepare for AO now :) He had three matches, some more practice with the racquet, and got more used to the heat without making himself exhausted. The winner of Sydney has NEVER done well in Melbourne - so try and look on the positive side :)

Also, thinking positively, at least he gained some points. :)

zerocool_
01-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Good thing that he will have more time to rest, but his forehand was :o He made like 10 errors just hitting ball with frame, and again no #2 spot :( But Jarrko played realy well, so he deserved this win :)

zsanika
01-16-2009, 12:15 PM
"I'm disappointed about the match today. There was a lot of wind, difficult conditions," Djokovic said. "He played better and deserved to win.

"My forehand didn't really work today and you could see in all the important moments he served to my forehand and I couldn't put the ball in. It was just a bad day."

The left-handed Nieminen coped with the swirling wind better than the error-prone Djokovic to claim his first win over the Serbian in three matches.

njnetswill
01-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Oh Novak. :o

Lee
01-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Just another bad day in the office, Novak huh? :o