Aussie Open Series: He may not have won the title... but he won our hearts!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Aussie Open Series: He may not have won the title... but he won our hearts!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Tess Gray
01-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Okay guys! We survived the off season and the Australian Open Series are almost here (just a few more days :rocker2:)

Starting with Brisbane:D

Tournament Information
Brisbane International http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/
Jan 4 - Jan 11 2009

Singles Draw: Jan 3 at 12 pm Brisbane time

Confirmed Entrants:
1 Djokovic, Novak SRB 3
2 Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried FRA 6
3 Verdasco, Fernando ESP 16
4 Soderling, Robin SWE 17
5 Berdych, Tomas CZE 20
6 Fish, Mardy USA 24
7 Gasquet, Richard FRA 25
8 Stepanek, Radek CZE 27
9 Mathieu, Paul-Henri FRA 31
10 Melzer, Jurgen AUT 34
11 Ancic, Mario CRO 36
12 Nieminen, Jarkko FIN 37
13 Querrey, Sam USA 39
14 Llodra, Michael FRA 40
15 Benneteau, Julien FRA 43
16 Kunitsyn, Igor RUS 47
17 Ginepri, Robby USA 51
18 Gulbis, Ernests LAT 53
19 Gicquel, Marc FRA 54
20 Ferrero, Juan Carlos ESP 55
21 Dent, Taylor USA @56
22 Serra, Florent FRA 59
23 Calleri, Agustin ARG 60
24 Darcis, Steve BEL 61
25 Nishikori, Kei JPN 63
Wild Cards: Marcos Baghdatis (CYP), Bernard Tomic (AUS), TBA

There is supposed to be livestreaming :woohoo:
(Never tried this one so I don't know if it's actually working)
http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?...cipline=tennis

Also there's supposed to be a streaming for Aussie Open:
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=P5090004&CMP=EMC-MQ-OM&ATT=120-4L-081230final&m=

oranges
01-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Can't wait :)
Myp2p is a very good place to look for streams. They list available ones a couple of hours before the start and miss mostly only those not scheduled by that time :yeah:

SUKTUEN
01-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Come On Richard!!!!!!!!!!!

lisaplenske
01-01-2009, 01:12 PM
thanks tess for the stream,just few more days,the draw supposed to be out on this saturday:D

hi oranges,happy to see you there,I like your comments on GM:):wavey:

oranges
01-01-2009, 01:21 PM
^^ Thanks. I'm here regularly, checking news, interviews and other goodies (thank you Truc, Puschkin, Cin and whomever I'm forgetting right now :)), just wasn't posting much in the off season.

lisaplenske
01-01-2009, 02:24 PM
dont hesitate to post more often there, you will be welcomed:);)

oranges
01-01-2009, 02:40 PM
dont hesitate to post more often there, you will be welcomed:);)

Now, I'm confused, LOL. By there you mean somewhere else than in Richie's forum? Jo's? Sorry, I'm a bit fuzzy in the head today :drink:

reggie1
01-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Now, I'm confused, LOL. By there you mean somewhere else than in Richie's forum? Jo's? Sorry, I'm a bit fuzzy in the head today :drink:

No, we all want you to post here, during the off season I went on GM quite a bit (never been on there before) and you seem like one of the more polite, sensible and sane people :angel:

~*BGT*~
01-01-2009, 04:06 PM
:woohoo: I am SO ready to see some tennis. i spent an hour watching Richard on youtube last night and it wasn't the same. :sobbing:

oranges
01-01-2009, 04:07 PM
No, we all want you to post here, during the off season I went on GM quite a bit (never been on there before) and you seem like one of the more polite, sensible and sane people :angel:

Ah, good, so I was right the way I understood the first time when not thinking much :D I will and I do normally, this was one of my favorite places as soon as joined.

I'm eager to see the draw, quite a few of my guys in Brisbane. No first round clashes with Mario or Erno pretty please :scared:

Brownie
01-01-2009, 04:07 PM
We're almost there:woohoo:

Hey oranges:wavey: Do you know if it's really necessary to get the PPMate they recommend on the software page?

oranges
01-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Only for those links that require it. I've never had much luck with any of those p2p software link (sopcast, PPMate, there is even more now), they usually buffer way too much to be watchable at all. Plus, there is almost always an alternative link to justin.tv or something similar.
:wavey:

Brownie
01-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks:) I was having a hard time figuring out how to use it, and didn't want to mess up my computer in the process of setting it up, so good to know!

reggie1
01-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Ah, good, so I was right the way I understood the first time when not thinking much :D I will and I do normally, this was one of my favorite places as soon as joined.

I'm eager to see the draw, quite a few of my guys in Brisbane. No first round clashes with Mario or Erno pretty please :scared:

This is certainly the nicest bunch of people on any of the chat threads in my opinion. I didn't know what "barca" was and thought the coach was an ATP player and now I can't live it down on GM. :o :lol:

lisaplenske
01-01-2009, 05:11 PM
This is certainly the nicest bunch of people on any of the chat threads in my opinion.

Oh vicky you're so nice too,always kind and funny lol:smooch::kiss:
you did well the day you joined us:)

Tess Gray
01-01-2009, 05:26 PM
:woohoo: I am SO ready to see some tennis. i spent an hour watching Richard on youtube last night and it wasn't the same. :sobbing:

Why does that sound so familiar?:scratch:

Oh wait...:sobbing:

lisaplenske
01-01-2009, 05:32 PM
lol tess:lol:

I know what youre talking about girls,come on just few days to wait

~*BGT*~
01-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Why does that sound so familiar?:scratch:

Oh wait...:sobbing:

I saw a few of your comments too. :lol:

reggie1
01-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Oh vicky you're so nice too,always kind and funny lol:smooch::kiss:
you did well the day you joined us:)

Oh, thank you so much Amira, I think the same about you :hug: and I'm so in awe at how good your English is. If we had to converse in French we would have such short conversations as I'm terrible! :rolleyes: :help: I keep meaning to send you that message in French that I promised about 2 months ago :o:lol:

Davodus
01-02-2009, 04:17 AM
hey everyone

i saw richard today
he was warming up with tsonga
he was hitting some really good forehands, it looked a tiny bit different, and he did look stronger and fitter
i got a few photos which i can upload soon :wavey:
my sister got a photo with him and we got his autograph :)

~*BGT*~
01-02-2009, 04:30 AM
(screams) He exists? He exists? :woohoo: Get those pics uploaded pronto :armed: ;) :p

Davodus
01-02-2009, 05:56 AM
ok, i'm not very good at doing this site but i will do the easy attaching thing
the last one is my little sister with richard...he was very nice when she asked for a photo

reggie1
01-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Thank you Davodus,:worship: :kiss::hug: he's alive, he's alive, we haven't all made him up! :) Richie's torso looks slimmer to me, where's that 6 pack then? Davodus,your next mission should you choose to accept it, is if you meet him again and get another picture, can you ask him to remove his shirt as the girls on his forum need to know if he's been working out as much he says he has! Thanks. ;):lol:

reggie1
01-02-2009, 09:05 AM
(screams) He exists? He exists? :woohoo: Get those pics uploaded pronto :armed: ;) :p

Blimey Danielle, remind me never to get on the wrong side of you girl, what with you and Tess, poor Davodus will be scared away :lol::haha:
Davodus are you a boy or a girl if you don't mind me asking? I am so envious that you got to see him. Everyone seems to say he's really nice with the fans. Did you get pics of/with T'songa too?

Davodus
01-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Blimey Danielle, remind me never to get on the wrong side of you girl, what with you and Tess, poor Davodus will be scared away :lol::haha:
Davodus are you a boy or a girl if you don't mind me asking? I am so envious that you got to see him. Everyone seems to say he's really nice with the fans. Did you get pics of/with T'songa too?

don't worry i wasn't scared away, i'm friendly :D
i am a male, so i got photos with all the female players we saw today, and my sister with the men haha
i didnt get any photos of tsonga because im not really a fan of his...he did run into the fence right in front of us though, which was quite amusing

my sister wanted to ask him to take his shirt off, however, she was too embarrassed (and i'm glad she was because that would have been hella embarrassing haha)
but you could tell he had been working harder because he was a lot leaner...i was really happy with how he was hitting

lisaplenske
01-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Oh, thank you so much Amira, I think the same about you :hug: and I'm so in awe at how good your English is. If we had to converse in French we would have such short conversations as I'm terrible! :rolleyes: :help: I keep meaning to send you that message in French that I promised about 2 months ago :o:lol:

thank you for complimenting my english but you know it is also because I can practise it with all of you guys, and even if I do some "faults", it s ok for me cause I know everyone here is cool.;)
And yes!I'm still waiting your message you promised me to do!:lol:

thanks davodus for the photos,you rule:yeah:
its a pity you didnt took also some photos of jo tsonga but richard is there and thats great!
hopefully he will bring some firing tennis in that tournament and get big confidence before the AO:angel:

SUKTUEN
01-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Thankyou so much for the pic!!!

reggie1
01-02-2009, 03:28 PM
don't worry i wasn't scared away, i'm friendly :D
i am a male, so i got photos with all the female players we saw today, and my sister with the men haha
i didnt get any photos of tsonga because im not really a fan of his...he did run into the fence right in front of us though, which was quite amusing

my sister wanted to ask him to take his shirt off, however, she was too embarrassed (and i'm glad she was because that would have been hella embarrassing haha)
but you could tell he had been working harder because he was a lot leaner...i was really happy with how he was hitting

OMG, can you imagine if she'd said to him, "Take your shirt off!" :devil: His face would have been a picture :o :lol:

PinkFeatherBoa
01-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks very much Davodus for the pictures :yeah:, nice to see Richard again.

Really not long to wait now. :yippee:

Vlad1980
01-02-2009, 08:51 PM
hey everyone

i saw richard today
he was warming up with tsonga
he was hitting some really good forehands, it looked a tiny bit different, and he did look stronger and fitter
i got a few photos which i can upload soon :wavey:
my sister got a photo with him and we got his autograph :)

Very nice! Did you get a chance to see who looked more solid Richard or Jo?

EternalxJourney
01-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Davodus :yeah: thanks for the pictures!

Can't really tell if he's buffed up or not from the pics but here's hoping that he did, not that he'll flash us with his 6-pack a la Murray with his guns.

Brownie
01-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the pics Davodus:worship::worship: Tennis is just a weekend away now:D

~*BGT*~
01-02-2009, 11:44 PM
I don't know you guys. For some reason, I feel really hopeful about this season for my 2 men and my boy (Gasdick and Korolev). :D I think Andy makes has a GS win/final/semi, Richard wins the USO or Wimbly and enters the top 5 and Korolev wins his first ATP title and enters the top 40 or 50.

I'm just excited to see it all take place. I've just never watched one of my very favorites achieve something great live. :sad: I have Andy's USO win on DVD, and wasn't home to see the end of his match against Federer this year. I didn't start watching tennis until summer 2005 so I never saw Richard's MC win over Fed. I was working during the Gasdick W 2007 match. I didn't have TTC when Evgeny 6-2 6-4 Blake at the TTC Open 2007.

I just wanna know that feeling when you know your favorite player is about to have a miraculous win and you see his emotions live and you he's so happy and you're thrilled because of it. I thought that was gonna happen against Murray last year, but you know how that ended. :tears:

I have a hard time with my men and boy in 2008. Hardly any success at all and only heartbreak and disappointment. I have a feeling I'm gonna be rewarded for all my hard work with them. :D

Sorry for the long post, just meant to say I thought Richard was gonna win Brisbane and then continued to pour my heart out. :lol:

Davodus
01-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Very nice! Did you get a chance to see who looked more solid Richard or Jo?

richard did
tsonga was making a lot of errors
but he wasn't really taking the practice that seriously where as richard was

you're welcome for the pictures everyone :wavey:

~*BGT*~
01-03-2009, 12:30 AM
he draw should be made in 3.5 hours. OMG, can't wait! :bounce:

Vlad1980
01-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Hey BGT, who is your favorite player? Is it Richard or Andy?

~*BGT*~
01-03-2009, 01:21 AM
Hey BGT, who is your favorite player? Is it Richard or Andy?

Andy first, then Richard follows closely. Everyone always talks about their great match at Wimbledon. But I can't watch it. Great moment for Richie but too painful for Andy. :tears:

Brownie
01-03-2009, 05:11 AM
The draw is out (http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/mds1.pdf)! Richard plays Marc Gicquel in the first round (head to head is 2-1 Richie):

DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB
GULBIS, Ernests LAT
QUALIFIER
MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA

QUALIFIER
NISHIKORI, Kei JPN
KLEIN, Brydan AUS
BERDYCH, Tomas CZE

VERDASCO, Fernando ESP
TOMIC, Bernard AUS
QUALIFIER
ANCIC, Mario CRO

FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP
SERRA, Florent FRA
MELZER, Jurgen AUT
FISH, Mardy USA

STEPANEK, Radek CZE
KUNITSYN, Igor RUS
LLODRA, Michael FRA
QUALIFIER

BENNETEAU, Julien FRA
GINEPRI, Robby USA
QUERREY, Sam USA
SODERLING, Robin SWE

GASQUET, Richard FRA
GICQUEL, Marc FRA
DENT, Taylor USA
DARCIS, Steve BEL

NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN
BAGHDATIS, Marcos CYP
CALLERI, Agustin ARG
TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA

~*BGT*~
01-03-2009, 05:14 AM
Crap Lauren. I typed up the draw and posted it in the wrong thread :lol:

~*BGT*~
01-03-2009, 05:15 AM
I do not think this is a bad draw actually. Gicquel beat him last time, but this is Gasquet 2.0. I think he will beat Jo if they both get there, and then another match against Fish. :devil:

Brownie
01-03-2009, 05:18 AM
:lol: A for effort Danielle;)

Yeah, not a bad draw. Might meet up with Darcis again:p:lol:

oranges
01-03-2009, 05:22 AM
I do not think this is a bad draw actually. Gicquel beat him last time, but this is Gasquet 2.0. I think he will beat Jo if they both get there, and then another match against Fish. :devil:

You meant to say against Mario :angel:

~*BGT*~
01-03-2009, 05:24 AM
You meant to say against Mario :angel:

Of course. :angel: Richie volleys vs Ancic volleys -- I'll have tennis-gasm. :hearts: Sorry if TMI. :lol:

Brownie
01-03-2009, 05:34 AM
If it ends up being Richie versus Mario, I will be ECSTATIC:yippee::D

Davodus
01-03-2009, 06:22 AM
so will i :)
i will be seeing mens QF'S...I hope i see richard vs tsonga, because i saw them play the 4th round of AO 08 and it was difficult to watch
so im out for revenge

silverwhite
01-03-2009, 06:45 AM
OK draw. Could lose to Gicquel or Tsonga depending on his form.

SUKTUEN
01-03-2009, 07:14 AM
ALLEZZZZZZZZZZ Richard!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

*MJP*
01-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Hey guys! I think that the draw is quite good. I have a good feeling about Richie this year, lets hope the results follow :D

lisaplenske
01-03-2009, 10:18 AM
good draw for richard and no way he will lose to giquel again!:tape::help:
I Wanted him to be on the other part of the draw but still nice draw:)
happy to know that he put much of efforts in training session.

OMG at djokovic drawing ernest gulbis in first match!:spit:

Venle
01-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Alllezzz Richard! :yippee:

Never to think about the crappy 2008 again, let's rock on in Downunder :rocker2:

Jozie
01-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Richie is second up on centre court tomorrow

http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/op2.pdf

Allezzzzz

Davodus
01-03-2009, 10:58 AM
im so annoyed
i have 'family friends' going tomorrow and they dont even care about tennis
and they get to see richards match!
he better still be around wednesday and friday...and be playing :p

Tess Gray
01-03-2009, 11:35 AM
He'll be around sunday holding the trophy over his head :D

*positive thinking*

lisaplenske
01-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Richie is second up on centre court tomorrow

http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/op2.pdf

Allezzzzz

Allez!:bounce:

reggie1
01-03-2009, 01:24 PM
He'll be around sunday holding the trophy over his head :D

*positive thinking*

Oh that would be so nice to see, I want to see some pictures of him with some trophies this year. It would do wonders for his confidence.

tennis lover
01-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Andy first, then Richard follows closely. Everyone always talks about their great match at Wimbledon. But I can't watch it. Great moment for Richie but too painful for Andy. :tears:
that day was very painful for me. :sad: I felt like I had multiple personality disorder or something. I saw the last three sets (great for a Richie fan, not so good for an Andy fan! :lol: ) poor Andy, he looked so sad. :awww:
OK draw. Could lose to Gicquel or Tsonga depending on his form.
:lol: nice to see things haven't changed since you've been away! ;)

The match should be on about 2am my time but I'll be at a friends house so no chance of me watching. :awww: so allez Richard, make it through so I can watch your next round! :armed: :bounce:

reggie1
01-03-2009, 02:38 PM
that day was very painful for me. :sad: I felt like I had multiple personality disorder or something. I saw the last three sets (great for a Richie fan, not so good for an Andy fan! :lol: ) poor Andy, he looked so sad. :awww:

:lol: nice to see things haven't changed since you've been away! ;)

The match should be on about 2am my time but I'll be at a friends house so no chance of me watching. :awww: so allez Richard, make it through so I can watch your next round! :armed: :bounce:

Me neither, I keep going on about livestreams but I can't see me getting up at 2 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't really think of that :smash: Are there any good websites for hi lites?

Brownie
01-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Yay! He'll be on at 10pm tonight...that's less than 12 hours away:woohoo:

Vicky, time to get on Australian time;)

Tess Gray
01-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Maybe I'll watch:D Whatever, it's a sunday tomorrow anyway.

EDIT: Wait a minute. Jo you say it'll be around 2am your time, which would be 3am my time... The time difference is 10 hours from where I am. So the first match would start around 20.30 tonight. So second match let's say 3 hours later, that'd be around 23.30:D Then I could watch it! :woohoo:

That is, if my calculations are correct:lol:

tennis lover
01-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Me neither, I keep going on about livestreams but I can't see me getting up at 2 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't really think of that :smash: Are there any good websites for hi lites?
well I'm usually up at 2am anyway so it would be no problem for me but as I said I won't be home. :awww: you might need to learn to wake up in the middle of the night though ready for AO time! ;) you might find highlights on you-tube but I can't promise anything. :shrug:
Maybe I'll watch:D Whatever, it's a sunday tomorrow anyway.

EDIT: Wait a minute. Jo you say it'll be around 2am your time, which would be 3am my time... The time difference is 10 hours from where I am. So the first match would start around 20.30 tonight. So second match let's say 3 hours later, that'd be around 23.30:D Then I could watch it! :woohoo:

That is, if my calculations are correct:lol:
I think you've got it a bit wrong. They are 10 hours ahead of me so that would be 9 hours ahead of you. so 10.30am in Brisbane is 1.30am for you and I estimated that Richard will start at about 12pm local time which is about 3am your time. :)

Davodus
01-03-2009, 03:22 PM
yeah brisbane is 9 hours ahead of western part of europe and 10 hours ahead of the UK

i was just there for a month and was constantly doing time calculations in my head

Eliande
01-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Where can we watch the match? Any help, please....

And Happy New Year, every one!:)

Brownie
01-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi Eliande:wavey:

I think there will be links to the match here when the time gets closer: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=27755&part=sports

It might also be on justin.tv. I will try to remember to post a link when Richie's match is starting if I find a livestream that works:)

Eliande
01-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi Eliande:wavey:

I think there will be links to the match here when the time gets closer: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=27755&part=sports

It might also be on justin.tv. I will try to remember to post a link when Richie's match is starting if I find a livestream that works:)

You're so kind: thanks a lot!:worship:
I hope I'll be able to access any of those links.
Thanks again!!!;)

Brownie
01-03-2009, 03:33 PM
No problem:hug:

~*BGT*~
01-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Davodus, will you be on the grounds tomorrow? If so, please, please, PLEASE!! get some pics of Evgeny Korolev. He will on Court 10 at 10:00 playing his qualy match. If you don't know who he is, he will be the cute one. :p

Tess Gray
01-03-2009, 03:44 PM
oooh right! I figured there had to be something wrong with what I had come up with:lol: Thanks jo:)! I hate timedifferences :ras: I still might watch it though! I mean, I got up during USO at 4am to watch Rafa play. Don't see why this would be any different:shrug::p

:lol:@ Danielle

lisaplenske
01-03-2009, 05:44 PM
well on eurosport they predict richard match to start at 12 oclock tomorrow

danielle is really korolev that cute?perhaps I Watched one match but cant remember him:p:o

~*BGT*~
01-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Check the chat thread. ;)

Tommy fan
01-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Best of luck Richard.
I hope he can me it a new start this season, with great result like he should have had before.. Allez!!!! :)

~*BGT*~
01-03-2009, 09:21 PM
oooh right! I figured there had to be something wrong with what I had come up with:lol: Thanks jo:)! I hate timedifferences :ras: I still might watch it though! I mean, I got up during USO at 4am to watch Rafa play. Don't see why this would be any different:shrug::p

:lol:@ Danielle

Well, I never get to watch him live so pics are all I can get. :awww:

~*BGT*~
01-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Richie should be on in 2 hours!!

totoro_472
01-03-2009, 10:15 PM
This is ridiculous, i LIVE in Australia but they are only showing the Hopman cup on free to air AND paytv.

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Come on Amer. Finish the Gooch off!

Brownie
01-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Richard is coming right up. I'm very excited and nervous:woohoo::scared: There is a serious lack of livestreaming from Brisbane:(

Davodus
01-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Davodus, will you be on the grounds tomorrow? If so, please, please, PLEASE!! get some pics of Evgeny Korolev. He will on Court 10 at 10:00 playing his qualy match. If you don't know who he is, he will be the cute one. :p

sorry i am not there til wednesday
so you gotta hope he gets through til then :p

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 01:26 AM
sorry i am not there til wednesday
so you gotta hope he gets through til then :p

I gotta hope he gets through quallies. He's got 2 more matches to even get into the MD. :unsure:

And Richard is on the court! :woohoo:

Davodus
01-04-2009, 01:27 AM
well if hes there i'll try and get some photos
is there a stream for richards match?
our coverage of it doesnt start til tomorrow :mad:

oranges
01-04-2009, 01:30 AM
No streams? :sad:
They've just started, allez Richie

Brownie
01-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Oooooo, not a good start:scratch:

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 01:33 AM
:o Broken at love first game

oranges
01-04-2009, 01:35 AM
No fret, he breaks right back :D

Davodus
good a break back :p

Brownie
Broke back:yeah: Come on Richie!!

Brownie
01-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Much better:)

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 01:44 AM
Is anyone somehow watching this?

oranges
01-04-2009, 01:50 AM
I doubt it. There seems to be no coverage and consequently no streams. :sobbing: They'll start on Monday

oranges
01-04-2009, 01:51 AM
BP wasted, BP saved, God I hate staring at SB

Davodus
01-04-2009, 01:52 AM
stupid channel 7 in australia prefer to show random shit movies instead of the tennis :confused:

Davodus
01-04-2009, 01:53 AM
broken :mad:

Brownie
01-04-2009, 01:53 AM
Broken again:o

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 01:58 AM
I doubt it. There seems to be no coverage and consequently no streams. :sobbing: They'll start on Monday

Good, because I don't wanna watch this crap. :o

Davodus
01-04-2009, 01:58 AM
not the start to the year i was hoping for :(
and he looked so good in his practice

tiffanykatya
01-04-2009, 02:01 AM
keep fighting, Gas!

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 02:10 AM
Man, this'll be really embarrassing if he loses. :tape: Especially since I chose him to win the tournament. :o

Brownie
01-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Man, this'll be really embarrassing if he loses. :tape: Especially since I chose him to win the tournament. :o
Maybe he'll start to pick it up:sad:
Livestream is so painful to follow!

Davodus
01-04-2009, 02:15 AM
i didnt expect this :(

Brownie
01-04-2009, 02:16 AM
ok, new set, fresh start! Come on Richie!:bounce:

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 02:19 AM
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

oranges
01-04-2009, 02:21 AM
http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1951_hailing.gif (http://www.clipartof.com) We want 2:0 lead http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1951_hailing.gif (http://www.clipartof.com)

oranges
01-04-2009, 02:22 AM
...and there it is, 2 BPs for 2:0

Davodus
01-04-2009, 02:23 AM
BP's wasted :(

Ivanatis
01-04-2009, 02:24 AM
oh Richie:o

fight, break him

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 02:25 AM
http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1951_hailing.gif (http://www.clipartof.com) We want 2:0 lead http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1951_hailing.gif (http://www.clipartof.com)

Cool smilie. :lol:

oranges
01-04-2009, 02:25 AM
4th one, come on

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 02:26 AM
Another..

oranges
Cool smilie. :lol:

:D I thought he needed that kind of support

Davodus
2-0 :)

Brownie
YES!!!:rocker2::rocker2::rocker2:

~*BGT*~
Yes!!

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 02:27 AM
:lol: We're all posting the same thing at the same time. :p

oranges
01-04-2009, 02:27 AM
2:0 it is http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1984_pompom_cheerleader.gif (http://www.clipartof.com)

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 02:28 AM
He's not making any first serves!

Brownie
01-04-2009, 02:29 AM
Loving the non-MTF smilies:lol:

Brownie
But when he gets the first serve in, he's winning it...

Davodus
and his 2nd serve isnt doing that great

Brownie
01-04-2009, 02:31 AM
bahhh, DF:mad:

Davodus
01-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Bp :(

oranges
01-04-2009, 02:32 AM
Keep that lead, now, no BPs please

Davodus
01-04-2009, 02:35 AM
so many wasted GP's

Davodus
01-04-2009, 02:36 AM
3-0 :)

Brownie
Finally! 3-0 phew:)

tiffanykatya
3:0 finally..

oranges
01-04-2009, 02:37 AM
With some trouble, but 3:0 http://www.msnhiddenemoticons.com/Library/extra_large/glassy/default/oh_yeh.gif

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 02:37 AM
oranges :haha:

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 02:40 AM
Let's get a double break

Brownie
2 BPs!

Davodus
lol at that smiley :lol:

oranges
01-04-2009, 02:42 AM
TTforums have such a miserable selection of smilies that I went searching for something, those are some of the finds :lol:

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 02:43 AM
Maybe not :(

Davodus
01-04-2009, 02:45 AM
more trouble on serve

Brownie
01-04-2009, 02:48 AM
4-1:banana:

Think he's been working on his first serve and it's not quite there yet?

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 02:51 AM
If anyone wants to watch a nice, non stress (hot!) match, Safin/Bolelli is on. Here's a live stream (http://chon9cm.blogspot.com/)

Davodus
01-04-2009, 02:51 AM
4-1:banana:

Think he's been working on his first serve and it's not quite there yet?

i think so

he spent an extra 20 mins on court on friday after tsonga left serving

Brownie
01-04-2009, 02:53 AM
Good to know.

Yeah, I just watched Dinara's match and am now watching Marat. I'm looking forward to watching them play doubles if I can stay awake:)

But I also have football on...I'm kind of over stimulated right now:crazy:

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 02:56 AM
5-2!

Brownie
01-04-2009, 02:57 AM
One more game for the set!!:yippee: ALLEZ!

oranges
01-04-2009, 02:57 AM
5:2, let's wrap it up with a break :bounce:

oranges
01-04-2009, 03:01 AM
Set point :yeah:

Davodus
01-04-2009, 03:01 AM
SP gone :(

tiffanykatya
01-04-2009, 03:03 AM
2nd set!! YEAH!

oranges
Not the second one. 6:2 :woohoo:

Brownie
YEAH!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::rocker2:

Wow, no aces that set:eek:

~*BGT*~
Yessssssssssssssss

Davodus
01-04-2009, 03:04 AM
:yeah:

Davodus
01-04-2009, 03:07 AM
more trouble on serve to start the third :mad:

Brownie
01-04-2009, 03:09 AM
Yay! an ace:D

oranges
01-04-2009, 03:11 AM
0:30 for 2:0 again, yes please

Davodus
01-04-2009, 03:12 AM
2 BP's gone

Davodus
01-04-2009, 03:13 AM
and there goes the third :mad: wasted 0-40

Davodus
01-04-2009, 03:15 AM
and a 4th...

Brownie
01-04-2009, 03:16 AM
darn:ras:

oranges
01-04-2009, 03:17 AM
:sobbing: 1:1 after all.

Brownie
01-04-2009, 03:25 AM
Haha! It was just 30-30 and then all of the sudden the game score went to 3-1...niiiiice:cool:

oranges
01-04-2009, 03:26 AM
http://www.msnhiddenemoticons.com/Library/extra_large/glassy/default/hurray.gif 3:1

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 03:26 AM
My god, Bolelli is a beautiful man :inlove: He has a nice game to watch as well. I think you all might like him. I call him the Italian Gasquet. :D

And finally a break!! I don't care if it was a DF. Richie was probably 6 feet inside the baseline. ;) That caused the DF. :p

Davodus
01-04-2009, 03:29 AM
40-15 to deuce

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 03:29 AM
From 40-0 to deuce :unsure:

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 03:30 AM
4-1

Brownie
01-04-2009, 03:31 AM
4-1...:)

oranges
01-04-2009, 03:31 AM
As long it ends with 4:1, I'm doing the happy dance

Davodus
01-04-2009, 03:32 AM
keep going richard :yeah:

Brownie
01-04-2009, 03:37 AM
Let's not go to deuce this game...

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 03:38 AM
keep going richard :yeah:

I see you have the Richie Creamsicle shirt in your avatar. ;) :p That's my favorite polo that he's ever worn. :)

oranges
Yay, just one more game

Brownie
Thank you:bounce::bounce:

5-2, break him for the win!!:D

~*BGT*~
Who wants the honor of starting the thread in GM? :D

oranges
01-04-2009, 03:39 AM
I see you have the Richie Creamsicle shirt in your avatar. ;) :p That's my favorite polo that he's ever worn. :)

:lol:

Davodus
01-04-2009, 03:39 AM

i do :p
its my own photo from his match vs tsonga at AO 08

Brownie
01-04-2009, 03:40 AM
3 MPs!

2 MPs!

1 MP! Come on!!!

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 03:40 AM
i do :p
its my own photo from his match vs tsonga at AO 08

Do you know why it's called the Richie Creamsicle shirt?

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 03:42 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brownie
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:rocker2::rocker2::rocker2:
Richard:worship::hug:

oranges
4:6 6:2 6:2 and I get to use http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1989_dancers_dancing_to_a_dj_playing_music.gif (http://www.clipartof.com)

Davodus
01-04-2009, 03:43 AM
Do you know why it's called the Richie Creamsicle shirt?

nope
i called it his frosty fruit shirt because its the same colour as a frosty fruit

Brownie
01-04-2009, 03:44 AM
4:6 6:2 6:2 and I get to use http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1989_dancers_dancing_to_a_dj_playing_music.gif (http://www.clipartof.com)

:lol: love it!

Brownie
01-04-2009, 03:45 AM
Now we just need some pics to see what he decided to wear:lol:

Edit: oh, looks like same old (http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/84165681.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19358B9FCD9D575A233045D8F2AA8460E9A E30A760B0D811297), possibly with the stripes on front

Davodus
01-04-2009, 03:46 AM

lol :lol:
richard :yeah:
keep it up

Jozie
:woohoo:

~*BGT*~
nope
i called it his frosty fruit shirt because its the same colour as a frosty fruit

Well, a Creamsicle is a frozen treat in the US. It is vanilla ice cream surrounded by a flavored and colored popsicle layer. Usually orange, grape or cherry. Well, I call that the creamsicle shirt because it's orange on the outside, vanilla on the inside, and I wanna lick it. :lick: Sorry if that's TMI, but you are surrounded by girls in this forum. :lol:

Davodus
01-04-2009, 03:49 AM
its ok
i have 2 sisters, and as you can see from my photos my little sister is in love also with richard
im very used to it :p

silverwhite
01-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Well fought after that first set. Hopefully, he improves in the next round. :)

*MJP*
01-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Yay!!!!! This is great news to see, considering i just came online :worship:
I didnt realise that Brisbane started today, i thort it started tomorrow :frown: Oh well its not like they were televising it :mad: Probably best i wasnt following during the 1st set!

oranges
01-04-2009, 03:53 AM
I originally thought it was a pic from practice and he's shirtless, so you're far more restrained than my imagination ;)

Venle
01-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Yay, the first winner of the season! :yippee:

Tess Gray
01-04-2009, 09:21 AM
:worship: So relieved. It'd been horrible if he lost this first match.

Reading through y'alls matchreports...:eek: Not good. But hey, an ugly win is also a win!

Allez for your next match Richie:hug:

silverwhite
01-04-2009, 09:24 AM
http://tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=14688429&postcount=31

http://tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=14688508&postcount=34

What's new... :o

Tess Gray
01-04-2009, 09:27 AM
I guess there's hope for his forehand... I hope it'll be better next match.

"The chicks in front of me kept zooming into his bum whenever he returned serve LOL!"

:rolls:

*Pauline*
01-04-2009, 10:42 AM
For sure there's hope for his forehand :)
Guillaume Peyre explained that Richard could have problems with his FH when he was anxious. But he adds that when he was relaxed, his forehand could be an "atomic bomb"..

This match was the first of the season, and I think he absolutely wanted to win it. That's why he probably stressed a little bit, and made a few errors. So let's see when he starts his matches with confidence !:crazy:

lisaplenske
01-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Well like richard said after his match, it is not that easy to play after 2 months without any competition.
Well his forehand cant be change ever.He's 22.He has to deal with it and rely on his strengh which is his backhand.
What he needs now is to play sets and matchs to get real confidence.
What he needs is to believe in his game.
He had 18 break balls but won just 5 of them.

Allez richard keep going

richie21
01-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Well like richard said after his match, it is not that easy to play after 2 months without any competition.
Well his forehand cant be change ever.He's 22.He has to deal with it and rely on his strengh which is his backhand.
What he needs now is to play sets and matchs to get real confidence.
What he needs is to believe in his game.
He had 18 break balls but won just 5 of them.

Allez richard keep going

Nevertheless,he has to fix it if he wants to win big titles in the future.
We are not asking him to transform it into a huge weapon but at least,to make it a reliable shot which can't be easily attacked by the opponent.
It's too much of a weakness,even during his great periods.

Davodus
01-04-2009, 12:18 PM
when i watched him in practice he was hitting his forehand extremely well
so i think he has been working on it for sure, and maybe it will just take some time for it to heat up and improve :shrug:

SUKTUEN
01-04-2009, 12:55 PM
ALLEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRichard!!!

Tommy fan
01-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Allez Richard, nice to start the season with a win.. :)
Win some more though ;)

Davodus
01-04-2009, 01:50 PM
i saw on the news tonight 1 clip of him playing in the background behind some news bitch talking
and he hit a really nice backhand winner

reggie1
01-04-2009, 01:57 PM
I am so relieved Richard won.:bounce: I didn't say anything before as I didn't want to sound pessimistic but when I saw he had drawn Gicquel in the first round for his first match in over 2 months, I thought, "Oh no!" :rolleyes:. He never seems to get off to a good start against fellow frenchies and then once his confidence is down after losing a set, we all know what can happen. He must have been really stressed about this match as he knows there is expectation of him now after 2008. I am soooooo pleased for him. Onwards and upwards. :D:):cool:

lisaplenske
01-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Nevertheless,he has to fix it if he wants to win big titles in the future.
We are not asking him to transform it into a huge weapon but at least,to make it a reliable shot which can't be easily attacked by the opponent.
It's too much of a weakness,even during his great periods.

yes you're right he has to fix it and also rely on it when he needs it but the most important according to me is to win matchs even if he wins ugly.HE has to keep working working and working on his forehand to try making it better but he has TO BELIEVE IN HIMSELF first.
He said in interview that he felt tense,lets see what it would be in his match against Dent.
Richard has to stay in offensive mode,that's like that he express himself the best. A more confident and relax richard should play better but we never know with richard.
Its all up to him.

reggie1
01-04-2009, 02:27 PM
yes you're right he has to fix it and also rely on it when he needs it but the most important according to me is to win matchs even if he wins ugly.HE has to keep working working and working on his forehand to try making it better but he has TO BELIEVE IN HIMSELF first.
He said in interview that he felt tense,lets see what it would be in his match against Dent.
Richard has to stay in offensive mode,that's like that he express himself the best. A more confident and relax richard should play better but we never know with richard.
Its all up to him.

He must feel more confident for his next match after this win. I would imagine a lot of the players are nervous and tentative first match of the season.
Will this next 2nd round match be played tonight european time again?

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 02:39 PM
reggie, I think Richie will probably play again on Tuesday. They aren't even done with men's quallies, and 4 players are in the second round already. :rolleyes: I don't think they should have scheduled any MD matches yesterday.

Nevertheless, he is not on the schedule for Monday. Actually, he may not play Tuesday because Djokovic and Tsonga are not even on the Monday schedule and they need to play before him.

reggie1
01-04-2009, 03:25 PM
reggie, I think Richie will probably play again on Tuesday. They aren't even done with men's quallies, and 4 players are in the second round already. :rolleyes: I don't think they should have scheduled any MD matches yesterday.

Nevertheless, he is not on the schedule for Monday. Actually, he may not play Tuesday because Djokovic and Tsonga are not even on the Monday schedule and they need to play before him.

Sounds all a bit Arse about Face as we would say over here! :confused:

lisaplenske
01-04-2009, 03:25 PM
He must feel more confident for his next match after this win. I would imagine a lot of the players are nervous and tentative first match of the season.
Will this next 2nd round match be played tonight european time again?

yes you're probably right but he 'll face a totally different kind of player with Taylor Dent.
He 's a server-volleyer.Hopefully he will be efficient in his returns of serve and passing.
Well if he play again till wednesday it will be time to work also on his serve ;

RFK
01-04-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm a bit late but...
Waheyyy, he won! :rocker::rocker::rocker:
Bring on 2009!

JBdV
01-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Nice to see Richard winning a match after dropping the first set, this used to be a very rare occurrence. Good luck against Dent next.

tennis lover
01-04-2009, 05:40 PM
:banana: I am very late but this is the first chance I've got to even check the scores. (I am a bad tennis fan! :o ) I think I'm still a little bit in shock that the season has already started, I don't feel prepared yet! :sobbing: Nice to see he fought back and won the last two sets fairly convincingly. :D First match of the year so he was bound to be nervous, hopefully it'll only get better from here. :bounce:
My god, Bolelli is a beautiful man :inlove: He has a nice game to watch as well. I think you all might like him. I call him the Italian Gasquet. :D
I saw him at Wimbledon this year. :hearts:

By the way, you guys talk a lot! I came back to find 10 pages to sift through! :o

reggie1
01-04-2009, 06:08 PM
By the way, you guys talk a lot! I came back to find 10 pages to sift through! :o

Funny thing is you probably didn't miss anything Jo :lol:

tennis lover
01-04-2009, 09:46 PM
no, it was mostly score updates. :p

tufani
01-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Phew, what a start! :bolt: Wow, I'm relieved that he won. Keep it up, Richie!! :tennis: Dent may be a toughie. :unsure:

PinkFeatherBoa
01-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Very late but pleased to hear Richie toughed out his 1st win of the season. :yeah:

Dent is such a wildcard since he's only just coming back to the tour after such a long time away. Should be an interesting match-up and since Taylor is such a big server, I hope Richie is going to be converting a LOT MORE BP chances since he probably won't get as many. Oh well, the more tough matches that he can get through the better, so bring it on.

Pepi.
01-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Richard :banana:

good start!! :)

Brownie
01-05-2009, 01:54 AM
http://www.atdhe.net/
I've never heard of this website before, but it was mentioned in this tennis blog (http://cowbell.typepad.com/forty_deuce/2009/01/auckland-live-stream.html#comments) that you can watch Brisbane livestream with it. It seems like good quality, and it works in the US, unlike the betting websites. I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to use?:shrug:

Vlad1980
01-05-2009, 02:08 AM
http://www.atdhe.net/
I've never heard of this website before, but it was mentioned in this tennis blog (http://cowbell.typepad.com/forty_deuce/2009/01/auckland-live-stream.html#comments) that you can watch Brisbane livestream with it. It seems like good quality, and it works in the US, unlike the betting websites. I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to use?:shrug:

I am watching Baghdatis match using it now. Works very well and quality is good.

Schu
01-05-2009, 06:49 AM
:clap2::clap2:Yeah!!!

I'm really late - didn't even realize the main draw had started. And the time/day difference between Australia and the US really messes me up. I haven't even seen the draw...

SO glad to see he won even after dropping the first set. I imagine all the players are a bit nervous about the first matches of the season and I expect that Richie very much wanted to start with a win even if it was a bit ugly it was a win.

Truc
01-05-2009, 07:00 AM
The article in l'Equipe:Gasquet, profil humble
Le Français a laborieusement gagné son premier match de l’année contre Marc Gicquel. Mais est-ce si inquiétant ? BRISBANE – (AUS) de notre envoyé spécial

QUE CEUX QUI ONT déjà publié la nécro de la carrière de Richard Gasquet se dépêchent d’y inclure en note de bas de page le titre très honorifique de premier vainqueur de l’année. En serrant la paluche hier de Marc Gicquel, Gasquet aura donc déjà gagné quelque chose en 2009. Il n’a en réalité « que » gagné un match, pas très beau d’ailleurs, mais dans sa situation, une victoire, même tirée par les cheveux (4-6, 6-2, 6-2), ne se snobe pas. Et qu’importe si c’était du Richard Gasquet climatisé. Ici, les privilégiés jouent sur la Patrick Rafter Arena, le central de Brisbane, coiffée d’un toit avec aérations latérales. Les presque privilégiés ont droit aux courts 1 et 2, équipés d’un toit Abribus moins protecteur. Et les autres se débrouillent à l’air libre, en plein soleil. Hier, le Français a gagné en bon ouvrier appliqué. Pour quelqu’un qui a reculé à la 25e place mondiale, qu’on n’avait plus revu à l’oeuvre depuis sa défaite sans gloire à Lyon contre Darcis, ce n’était pas si mal. Surtout si l’on oublie le premier set. Sans service digne de ce nom, Gasquet se fit manipuler par les frappes sèches et plates de Gicquel. Le Breton faisait des choses simples très bien et des choses difficiles, comme toutes ces volées en extension, à peu près aussi bien. Il était dans le terrain, il était le premier à oser et le mieux récompensé. Il s’en voudra plus tard, trop tard, d’avoir perdu ce fil en s’agaçant tout seul. « J’ai flanché dans la tête, reconnut- il. C’est con parce que j’étais bien. Je me suis mis à râler, à rater et Richard en a bien profité. » Si différence il y eut, elle vint de là et de nulle part ailleurs. Gasquet a certes de mieux en mieux servi, mais il a surtout moins dandiné dans le match. « Au début, Richard ne frappait pas bien du tout, remarquait Gicquel, 54e mondial. J’ai trouvé qu’il faisait moins mal qu’avant. Il gratte plus la balle, mais ça part moins vite. Je ne sais pas s’il s’en sortira comme ça contre des mecs du top 15. Cela dit, il peut jouer différemment. »
« Le service me tracasse »
Par exemple, plus à l’intérieur du court. Parce qu’il ne faudrait pas croire que les deux derniers sets, gagnés 6-2, furent du gâteau. Presque constamment, Gasquet fut menacé sur ses jeux de service. « Je n’allais pas me pointer après deux mois sans compétition et mettre des plombs dans tous les sens. Il faut être humble, expliqua Gasquet. Le service, ça me tracasse. À cause de mon problème (un ennui tendineux au coude survenu l’automne dernier qui appartient désormais au passé), je n’ai presque pas pu travailler ce coup. Contre Marco, au début, c’était même ridicule. » « Mais Richard progresse, assure son coach Guillaume Peyre. Quand il y a eu danger contre Gicquel, il a répondu. Ensuite, parce qu’il n’a pas encore les automatismes du gars en pleine confiance, il a reculé. Mais j’ai déjà vu pire comme match de reprise. Avant le match, il était cool. Avant, il pouvait te filer des boutons rien qu’avec son stress. » Gasquet se serait apaisé. Peut-être parce que la loupe médiatique a aujourd’hui d’autres figures que la seule sienne à grossir. « Tant mieux si je n’ai plus toute la pression sur moi, convient Gasquet. Je suis 25e mondial, alors ce n’est pas le meilleur moment pour la ramener. Je me tais, je me régale, j’ai envie. Point. Si j’étais capitaine et qu’on devait jouer ce weekend en Coupe Davis, je me sélectionnerais dans les quatre, mais je ne me ferais pas jouer le vendredi. Aujourd’hui, les titulaires, c’est Jo et Gilles. Moi, je serais sur le banc, j’applaudirais bien fort et, surtout, surtout, je rangerais mon téléphone dans la poche. » Quelqu’un qui se sert de l’humour ne va jamais très mal.
FRÉDÉRIC BERNÈS The journalist says it was not a pretty win, but it's not worrying. He had no serve in the 1st set and Gicquel was playing well, taking the initiative better, but he started to moan too much and lost the plot. The difference was mental. Richard also started serving better and better. Gicquel says Richard wasn't striking the ball well at all at the beginning, his shots hurt less than they used to. He 'scratches' the ball more, but the shots aren't very fast. "I don't know if it will be enough against top 15 players. That said, he can play differently." ^^
Richard says he wasn't going to come back after 2 months off hitting winners left, right and center. One has to be humble. The serve is bothering him, the problem with the elbow is all in the past now, but he couldn't work on this shot as much as he wanted to. It was even ridiculous at the beginning against Marco. Peyre says he's improving, though. He was able to react when he was in danger. He moved back then because he isn't full of confidence yet. But Peyre has already seen worse performances for a first match. "He was cool before the match. He used to be so stressed that it could make one's skin crawl." (I don't know if it makes sense in English, it means one could feel unwell just by watching him being so nervous.) Having other players in the spotlight probably helps, Richard admits he's glad not having all the pressure on himself. "I keep quiet, I enjoy myself, I feel like playing. Period. If I was captain and we had to play DC this week-end, I would pick myself to be on the team, but not to play on Friday. Jo and Gilles are the singles players right now. I would sit on the bench, applaud very loudly and I certainly, certainly would leave my cell phone in my pocket."

reggie1
01-05-2009, 08:48 AM
The article in l'Equipe:The journalist says it was not a pretty win, but it's not worrying. He had no serve in the 1st set and Gicquel was playing well, taking the initiative better, but he started to moan too much and lost the plot. The difference was mental. Richard also started serving better and better, but he was all in all more solid. Gicquel says Richard wasn't striking the ball well at all at the beginning, his shots hurt less than they used to. He 'scratches' the ball more, but the ball isn't very fast. "I don't know if it will be enough against top 15 players. That said, he can play differently." ^^
Richard says he wasn't going to come back after 2 months off hitting winners left, right and center. One has to be humble. The serve is bothering him, the problem with the elbow is all in the past now, but he couldn't work on this shot as much as he wanted to. It was even ridiculous at the beginning against Marco. Peyre says he's improving, though. He was able to react when he was in danger. He moved back then because he isn't full of confidence yet. But Peyre has already seen worse performances for a first match. "He was cool before the match. He used to be so stressed that it could make one's skin crawl." (I don't know if it makes sense in English, it means one could feel unwell just by watching him being so nervous.) Having other players in the spotlight probably helps, Richard admits he's glad not having all the pressure on himself. "I keep quiet, I enjoy myself, I feel like playing. Period. If I was captain and we had to play DC this week-end, I would pick myself on the team, but not to play on Friday. Jo and Gilles are the singles players right now. I would sit on the bench, applaud very loudly and I certainly, certainly would leave my cell phone in my pocket."

Thanks so much Fran, it seems such a shame that he gets so nervous, I really hope that it's something he can overcome with time. He seems relived that he is not the main player for France and DC anymore. My only hope is that he doesn't enjoy being out of the limelight too much that he unintentionally sabotages himself and his play so that he doesn't have all the attention again, as with good results comes the expectation and the attention.
The last bit about his mobile phone is priceless! ;)

Davodus
01-05-2009, 09:03 AM
hello richard fans again
so i decided to buy centre court tickets for tomorrow night
and i get let in at 5
and richard is not before 6, so im going to definitely see his match
i'll take photos and write a report after it, hopefully i will report on a win :)

lisaplenske
01-05-2009, 09:49 AM
merci Fran for the article:)

dont know what to say about giquel comment on richard not hitting balls that are efficient enough, not that good and incisive as before:confused:
he said that richard will have some bigger problems against a top15 with such groundstrokes.
He worked hard on his forehand technique and on his physique but well I wish to see the improvements,peyre said he made some but he really has to step it up cause better ranked players wont have some "mental" weakness during the match, they will punish him.:retard:

*Martolina*
01-05-2009, 09:53 AM
It will be an interesting match against Dent, but I hope not to spend too much energy because it should be a easy match. Richie will plays in 6pm that in Europe it is..10 or 9?!?!

reggie1
01-05-2009, 09:55 AM
hello richard fans again
so i decided to buy centre court tickets for tomorrow night
and i get let in at 5
and richard is not before 6, so im going to definitely see his match
i'll take photos and write a report after it, hopefully i will report on a win :)

That will be brilliant, I am so jealous, I wish I was coming. Is it a relatively easy event to get tickets for?

reggie1
01-05-2009, 09:56 AM
It will be an interesting match against Dent, but I hope not to spend too much energy because it should be a easy match. Richie will plays in 6pm that in Europe it is..10 or 9?!?!

Is it 9/10 0'clock tomorrow for us, I am getting confused with aussie times?

reggie1
01-05-2009, 10:04 AM
merci Fran for the article:)

dont know what to say about giquel comment on richard not hitting balls that are efficient enough, not that good and incisive as before:confused:
he said that richard will have some bigger problems against a top15 with such groundstrokes.
He worked hard on his forehand technique and on his physique but well I wish to see the improvements,peyre said he made some but he really has to step it up cause better ranked players wont have some "mental" weakness during the match, they will punish him.:retard:

Let's hope not. The thing I noticed from that article, is the lack of fire in him, (I know you never get a lot of that with him anyway) but he seems pleased that the others are in the spotlight and that they are getting all the glory. I know he has issues with DC etc.. but being glad that he's not the one that would be picked for the team makes me wonder about his mental toughness. To be a top level player you need to be able to step up to the plate no matter what and actually WANT to step up aswell. I suppose I just want to see that burning desire to win coming through. Maybe he is just being humble in this interview and it will all be o.k, I hope so. Still, good result yesterday. I do think he can beat Dent. :D

Davodus
01-05-2009, 10:05 AM
well because hes on a showcourt you can get in with a ground pass to see it which is only AU$9.90
but i bought centre court to see the safarova v stosur match, and it was easy to get them
i hope its not too crowded watching him so i can still easily get a seat

*Martolina*
01-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Is it 9/10 0'clock tomorrow for us, I am getting confused with aussie times?
I remember that when here in Italy are 1 at night Melb are the 11 in the morning..I asked for this, I dont' remember..Australia has 3 different time zones..

Davodus
01-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Let's hope not. The thing I noticed from that article, is the lack of fire in him, (I know you never get a lot of that with him anyway) but he seems pleased that the others are in the spotlight and that they are getting all the glory. I know he has issues with DC etc.. but being glad that he's not the one that would be picked for the team makes me wonder about his mental toughness. To be a top level player you need to be able to step up to the plate no matter what and actually WANT to step up aswell. I suppose I just want to see that burning desire to win coming through. Maybe he is just being humble in this interview and it will all be o.k, I hope so. Still, good result yesterday. I do think he can beat Dent. :D

dent looked fat when i saw him :shrug:
just make him run
i think richard actually kinda likes dents style of game, because he likes a target

Davodus
01-05-2009, 10:12 AM
i would reckon its gonna be at 8am for UK and 9am for western europe for his match

*Martolina*
01-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Thank you very much, certainly is a much better time of the three night..

reggie1
01-05-2009, 10:29 AM
dent looked fat when i saw him :shrug:
just make him run
i think richard actually kinda likes dents style of game, because he likes a target

Dent always look a bit tubby! he seems to have been around forever.
Davodus, who else did you get to meet/see when you went the other day, you said you wanted to see some WTA player?

Davodus
01-05-2009, 10:34 AM
i saw ancic, tsonga, mathieu, serra, stepanek, gulbis, soderling, tonnes of aussies, a bunch of other lesser ranked players, and for womens i saw stosur, mauresmo, azarenka, dokic, bartoli, groenefeld, safarova, some more aussies...and i can't think of anyone else but i saw more haha
it was good fun for free entry

reggie1
01-05-2009, 10:42 AM
i saw ancic, tsonga, mathieu, serra, stepanek, gulbis, soderling, tonnes of aussies, a bunch of other lesser ranked players, and for womens i saw stosur, mauresmo, azarenka, dokic, bartoli, groenefeld, safarova, some more aussies...and i can't think of anyone else but i saw more haha
it was good fun for free entry

Now I am really jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::lol:

Davodus
01-05-2009, 10:46 AM
i forgot to say that i also saw hantuchova and sugiyama :lol:
and i walked passed tomas berdych

lisaplenske
01-05-2009, 10:50 AM
richard is sheduled to play on tuesday his second round;

Show court 1

starting at 10H30 AM

Doubles ATP
ATP
ATP
ATP

Not before 6:00 PM

Richard GASQUET(FRA) vs Taylor DENT(USA)

djokovic and tsonga starting their tournament that day.

oranges
01-05-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm afraid we'll again be streamless since it's on Court 1 :sad:

lisaplenske
01-05-2009, 01:19 PM
yes i think so,richard has to go further there in order to see him play on tv

Allez!

SUKTUEN
01-05-2009, 01:37 PM
ALLEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Richard!!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

reggie1
01-05-2009, 01:47 PM
yes i think so,richard has to go further there in order to see him play on tv

Allez!

I'm surprised because he seems really popular in Australia :cool:

tennis lover
01-05-2009, 03:07 PM
ok, no streaming = Jo not getting up at 8am. :dance: I hope to wake up to a win though! :bounce:

Brownie
01-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Probably for the best...means I won't have to wake up at 3am:lol: Still bummed though:p

~*BGT*~
01-05-2009, 03:26 PM
When/if he plays Jo in the quarters, it'll be a CC match. But probably a night match as well.

tennis lover
01-05-2009, 03:30 PM
night match is good for us Vicky because it means the morning rather than the middle of the night! :p

Schu
01-05-2009, 04:24 PM
The article in l'Equipe:The journalist says it was not a pretty win, but it's not worrying. He had no serve in the 1st set and Gicquel was playing well, taking the initiative better, but he started to moan too much and lost the plot. The difference was mental. Richard also started serving better and better. Gicquel says Richard wasn't striking the ball well at all at the beginning, his shots hurt less than they used to. He 'scratches' the ball more, but the shots aren't very fast. "I don't know if it will be enough against top 15 players. That said, he can play differently." ^^
Richard says he wasn't going to come back after 2 months off hitting winners left, right and center. One has to be humble. The serve is bothering him, the problem with the elbow is all in the past now, but he couldn't work on this shot as much as he wanted to. It was even ridiculous at the beginning against Marco. Peyre says he's improving, though. He was able to react when he was in danger. He moved back then because he isn't full of confidence yet. But Peyre has already seen worse performances for a first match. "He was cool before the match. He used to be so stressed that it could make one's skin crawl." (I don't know if it makes sense in English, it means one could feel unwell just by watching him being so nervous.) Having other players in the spotlight probably helps, Richard admits he's glad not having all the pressure on himself. "I keep quiet, I enjoy myself, I feel like playing. Period. If I was captain and we had to play DC this week-end, I would pick myself to be on the team, but not to play on Friday. Jo and Gilles are the singles players right now. I would sit on the bench, applaud very loudly and I certainly, certainly would leave my cell phone in my pocket."

Thanks for the article!

Very Good to hear he won this match on "mental strength" but not so good to hear that his shots were not as powerful and punishing as before and that he RETREATED to a defensive posture. What has he been working on all off season? A win is a win and I know he really wanted to get a first win under his belt but how is he going to play aggressive when he really needs to if he doesen't practice it in matches. I'll give him a break for a few matches but how is he going to feel confident going for his shots if he doesn't do it? Can we just give him some sort of confidence shot before he plays a match.

The cell phone comment is too cute. He is honest (and accurate) about who should be the Davis Cup singles players but I hope he doesn't get too comfortable being the "back up" and just the doubles man if he is choosen at all.

lisaplenske
01-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Yes schu I also shared some "doubts" about richard tennis when he's playing a guy like giquel who is top50 player.
Well it is not like he was playing a former slam champion such as ferrero or hewitt in first round.
Hé ho it is giquel there, I respect him but he is no way at the same level of career as richard.If he doesnt try his big forehands shots and backhands down the line against him,when will he do them?:help:
dont know what to say there,he really needs to believe more in him for the next match and in his forehand or he will get kicked out quickly without gain some confidence he search for to make a good 2009.
so sad.

reggie1
01-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the article!

The cell phone comment is too cute. He is honest (and accurate) about who should be the Davis Cup singles players but I hope he doesn't get too comfortable being the "back up" and just the doubles man if he is choosen at all.

That's my worry too Schu!
Where's Puschkin? I miss her reasoned and somewhat restrained optimism ;)

lisaplenske
01-05-2009, 06:26 PM
That's my worry too Schu!
Where's Puschkin? I miss her reasoned and somewhat restrained optimism ;)

yes I was thinking the same right now,shere is she?:sad:

reggie1
01-05-2009, 06:31 PM
I think she's been on Rg.net, do you go on there Amira? They are so late with putting pics on there, this is much more up to date.

Puschkin
01-05-2009, 11:58 PM
yes I was thinking the same right now,shere is she?:sad:

:wavey: Back from a few days in Venice. :worship:

So actually no one saw Richie's first rounder? :o The stats are not convincing and the interview is the usual blabla, though I like the joking comment about the mobile phone. As the jornalist wrote: joking about this is a good sign, a sign that he finally is over that story which haunted him for so long even if he might not have admitted it.

I did not expect him to start like a thunderstorm in 2009, the break was long, the practise tough (according to what we could read), the game just has to come together again.

case
01-06-2009, 12:36 AM
hi puschkin.

venice? i am insanely jealous!
course i have been to venice, unfortunately it was the stupid california one...

reggie1
01-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi Puschkin? Nice to have you back. :D

lisaplenske
01-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Coucou Puschkin:wavey:happy to see you there again:);)

always the good words there,thanks.

oranges
01-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Pfew, he was down a break when I checked, but they're back on serve now. 5:4
Allez Richie, complete this fine day for me :D

Vlad1980
01-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Pfew, he was down a break when I checked, but they're back on serve now. 5:4
Allez Richie, complete this fine day for me :D

and now he is up a break 6-5, serving for first set.

Allez!

Pepi.
01-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Allezz!!!