New Points System [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New Points System

eljab
12-31-2008, 09:58 AM
The ATP points system have changed.
Some tournaments will earned a lot of points, more than last year.

For the suicide ranking, it will have some consequences.

So we have to decide what to do.

eljab
12-31-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm for using the new points.

Everybody have to make a performance and keep his last year results if possible.
And if a non ranked player can earned 2000 points with a grand slam, the n°1 ranked can also do that and keep his leadership.

And also, i think that other solutions are boring for managers ;)

ronim1
12-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Let's use the new system

lucian_iasi
12-31-2008, 10:49 AM
New points

Filipo
12-31-2008, 01:10 PM
... but ATP will use the new points and they will double the points, earned during the last year. So if we transfer to the new system, we cannot just leave the last year points, how it was. I think that the best will be to follow ATP (double last year and use new points). so i'm for choice 1 + choice 3 :)

Ivanatis
01-01-2009, 02:58 AM
... but ATP will use the new points and they will double the points, earned during the last year. So if we transfer to the new system, we cannot just leave the last year points, how it was. I think that the best will be to follow ATP (double last year and use new points). so i'm for choice 1 + choice 3 :)

this sounds like a good solution
but only using the new points would be fine for me as well

eljab
01-02-2009, 04:22 PM

bad explanation in my question ;):
the option 3 is exactly what you mean - use new points with double last year ones.