Who's Going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who's Going?

10K Futures Qualifier
12-31-2008, 12:06 AM
There is a possibility I will go. Anyone else going?

savesthedizzle
01-04-2009, 09:31 PM
I will go for sure for 4-5 days as I do every year :)

El Legenda
01-05-2009, 03:30 AM
There is a possibility I will go. Anyone else going?

yeah, i hear Rick James will be there....bitch.

asuwrestler
01-08-2009, 03:20 AM
I want to go to the US Open this year but need a little advice from you people that have gone. I know its not good to stay in queens so where do you all stay when you go there, and what is the best way to get tickets, we want to go the first week. Any other hints would be helpful, thankyou so much!!!

NinaNina19
01-08-2009, 03:39 AM
You can get tickets online. I usually just drive up there so I can't help you with your hotel question.

asuwrestler
01-08-2009, 03:46 AM
What website do you buy the tickets from?

NinaNina19
01-08-2009, 03:47 AM
What website do you buy the tickets from?

Usually I go on USOpen.org and buy tickets there. You can also go on the USTA website.

FaceyFacem
01-08-2009, 02:03 PM
yes, buying on usopen.org is the easiest way to buy, as long as you are american, pretty sure foreigners cannot buy on the site...

stay in manhattan, just splurge and enjoy the city proper... otherwise maybe stay in brooklyn? i definitely wouldn't stay in queens though

knight_ley
01-08-2009, 02:11 PM
stay in manhattan and just take the subway over. if you get on the 7 train it takes you right to flushing meadows. :D

NicoFan
01-08-2009, 02:48 PM
If you are a USTA member, you can buy the tickets online usually near the end of April. Just keep visiting the USTA site around that time and all the information will be there. (If you are an American Express cardholder, you can buy tickets even earlier).

As for hotels, if you have $$$, of course, stay in Manhattan. But if you don't have a lot of $$$, you can stay for less money near LaGuardia and some of those hotels have shuttles back and forth to the US Open.

Brooklyn is also an option, but there are some nasty sections there also so you have to know where to go.

Bottom line, if you can't afford Manhattan, go to an upscale name hotel in Brooklyn or Queens and you should be fine.

asuwrestler
01-09-2009, 03:06 AM
When do they start selling tickets for the open?

knight_ley
01-13-2009, 06:39 AM
As always, I'll be going for a few days.

anon57
01-14-2009, 05:57 PM
I'll probably on vacation in New York around the time of the US Open and I was think of going for a couple of days. When do tickets go on sale and which it the best site to buy ticketsif you're not from the US, as someone said earlier that buying tickets via usopen.org is only possible for people in the US:confused: I was also wondering whether it is possible to but ground passes in advance or is it only possible to buy ground passes on the day. Any help is much appreciated:wavey:

LMJ
01-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi everyone! I am from Australia and am travelling to the States in July and hanging around for the US Open.. I keep getting mixed dates so does anyone know the exact dates of the Open?

Also I am having trouble finding a site to buy tickets from as they are all US$ .. I really don't want to miss out. Any help in regards to the tournament would be greatly appreciated.. I'm SO excited.. I'm going by myself but it should be great anyway!

orangehat
01-25-2009, 09:49 AM
According to Wikipedia, U.S. Open is from 31st August to 13 September this year. However I am pretty sure 31st August is for the qualies, so estimate the dates thereabout :)

BrutalLogiC
01-25-2009, 09:49 AM
It says on the website August 31 - September 13
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/index.html

Baghdatis#1
01-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Me:D

asuwrestler
02-14-2009, 04:41 PM
So I am going to the Open from sep 3-8, I have never been but someone told that you can buy tickets and go to any court you want is that true? For all of you that have gone what is the best way to do the open, is there any thing special I should know before going...I appreciate all your help!!!

clever1980
02-14-2009, 05:04 PM
So I am going to the Open from sep 3-8, I have never been but someone told that you can buy tickets and go to any court you want is that true? For all of you that have gone what is the best way to do the open, is there any thing special I should know before going...I appreciate all your help!!!

US open website has good desription on how the ticketing works.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/about/tickets/buy_tickets.html?promo=leftnav

If you buy Day Ashe tickets, it is true you could watch any day matches at any courts. If you buy Ground or Armstrong reserves, you could watch any courts except Arthur Ashe court.

Night tickets are for Arthur Ashe Stadium only. You are allowed to get into the Ashe Stadium after day ticket holders leave the stadium.

moonlightdance
02-14-2009, 05:16 PM
grounds passes give you access to pretty much everything but arthur ashe and the boxed/reserved sections of armstrong. everything else is first come, first serve. night sessions in ashe have a fun atmosphere so try make it to one of those. take public transportation. load up on free useless crap if you can. magnets, hats, sharpies, squeeze balls, whatever they have. it may not be great but it makes you feel a tiny bit better about paying $6 for a water bottle. if you can stand it, go see doubles on the small outer courts. you're really close & sometimes they'll hand you a ball if you've been cheering nicely (thanks, mahut). have fun. it's a good time.

clever1980
02-14-2009, 05:31 PM
grounds passes give you access to pretty much everything but arthur ashe and the boxed/reserved sections of armstrong. everything else is first come, first serve. night sessions in ashe have a fun atmosphere so try make it to one of those. take public transportation. load up on free useless crap if you can. magnets, hats, sharpies, squeeze balls, whatever they have. it may not be great but it makes you feel a tiny bit better about paying $6 for a water bottle. if you can stand it, go see doubles on the small outer courts. you're really close & sometimes they'll hand you a ball if you've been cheering nicely (thanks, mahut). have fun. it's a good time.

Good Advice. :)

Actually, I could bring in a water bottle (Plastic, no glass allowed) and refill at water foountain. May be go early, door opens at 10:00 am?, and find practice courts. :angel: Definitely bring a cap, sun-block for day time. Print and bring a schedule with you so that you could plan ahead for which courts you would like to watch at what time. Have fun.

HattonWBA
02-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Us Open website is where you wanna be m8

NinaNina19
02-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Don't forget to bring sunscreen. Every year I don't bring it and I get burnt (and I don't burn easily).

asuwrestler
02-14-2009, 08:11 PM
When is the best time to buy tickets can you buy tickets when you know who is playing or will they be all sold out by then when it come to getting those day tickets.

Claudio
03-03-2009, 05:24 PM
I wonder if it´s possible to buy Ashe tickets onsite during the tournament. Also, does anyone know when will American Express cardholders be allowed to buying them?

I intend going to the Open during the 1st 3 days (mon-wed).

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, guys!

clever1980
03-04-2009, 11:32 PM
I wonder if it´s possible to buy Ashe tickets onsite during the tournament. Also, does anyone know when will American Express cardholders be allowed to buying them?

I intend going to the Open during the 1st 3 days (mon-wed).

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, guys!

Ash Tickets for first fews days could be easier to get than later dates. Day-time tickets are sold out faster than night-time. We used to be able to buy tickets same day or the day before. But the last 2 years have been impossible to get tickets through Tix master. But I read that Tix master has been in trouble for bullying concert tickets recently. So I am hoping things would change for better.

I don't know about onsite purchasing. Someone I know did buy the final ticket same day 2008.

If I remember correctly, Amex card holders pre-sale happens first week of June.

Good luck.

Claudio
03-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Tks, Clever. :)

Here´s hoping things do change. Being able to buy only upper promenade tkts is a true nightmare for a die-hard fan.

Pretty shocking vision when you´re watching a match on tv and there are lots of empty seats in the lower promenade and courtside seats.

shotgun
05-24-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm seriously thinking about going this year, for the first 2-3 days.

So how much food can one bring into the site? I was thinking maybe a couple of pre-made sandwiches. Or am I allowed to leave the site and come back on the same day without having to buy the tickets again?

10K Futures Qualifier
05-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Looks like I will go on that Labor Day weekend. Also, I get a Player Guest Pass!!!

Pirate
06-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Newbie here!! Hello all...Any New Yawkers here? Would have actually used the search function if I could have found it.. and would have looked through past posts if this wasn't the slowest loading site I've seen in 8 years...( Is this normal??) so I'll just ask....

I am wanting to buy tickets to the US Open Final in Sept at the Arthur Ashe Stadium.. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Federer will be in it..

My question concerns seating... For the members here who have actually been to the Arthur Ashe Stadium.. where are the ideal seats? I was thinking BEHIND the player and up a few rows on one end.. kinda like the view we have on TV.. as tikets are a few hundred dollars each.. I'd like to get my money's worth...

Opinions? Advice? Nekid pics of Maria Sharapova? TIA

knight_ley
06-14-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm going of course. There has yet to be a year of my life I haven't. :lol:
Definitely the first Tuesday & Wednesday, and most likely Labor Day weekend as well. :)

Hotzenplotz
06-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm going :bounce:
1st Friday (AA day session), 2nd Monday (Ground pass), 2nd Wednesday (AA night session) :woohoo:

Pirate
06-19-2009, 08:59 PM
OK.. Can I get some advice from the people in the know??

I want to attend the US OPen Mens final..I want to see Roger make history (if he hasn't already at Wimbledon.) The listed date on any ticket site is Sunday 13th, but.. not one site actaully mentions the mens final per se.. they only list tickets for the morning or tickets for the evening. BOTH are in the main arena.

My question is..In order to see the men's singles title..do I buy tickets for the morning match(s) or the evening? I would assume the morning, correctamundo? I'd hate to pay $600 a ticket and then see nothing but a doubles final. Feel me?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hotzenplotz
06-19-2009, 10:11 PM
OK.. Can I get some advice from the people in the know??

I want to attend the US OPen Mens final..I want to see Roger make history (if he hasn't already at Wimbledon.) The listed date on any ticket site is Sunday 13th, but.. not one site actaully mentions the mens final per se.. they only list tickets for the morning or tickets for the evening. BOTH are in the main arena.

My question is..In order to see the men's singles title..do I buy tickets for the morning match(s) or the evening? I would assume the morning, correctamundo? I'd hate to pay $600 a ticket and then see nothing but a doubles final. Feel me?

Any advice would be appreciated.

There's only one session on Sunday 13, it's the final.

smucav
06-19-2009, 10:17 PM
The listed date on any ticket site is Sunday 13th, but.. not one site actaully mentions the mens final per se.. they only list tickets for the morning or tickets for the evening. BOTH are in the main arena.

My question is..In order to see the men's singles title..do I buy tickets for the morning match(s) or the evening? I would assume the morning, correctamundo? I'd hate to pay $600 a ticket and then see nothing but a doubles final.There's only one session on the final Sunday.

http://www.usopen.org/2009_Schedule/Default.aspx

You can either buy a ticket for Ashe & see the women's doubles final/men's singles final or buy a grounds pass & watch matches on the outer courts (juniors, seniors, wheelchair finals) & see the Ashe matches on the big screen television.

Pirate
06-20-2009, 12:10 AM
DOH!.. I see now.. I was thrown by the text at the bottom of every page that says..

*Gates open for day session at 10am
*Gates open for night session at 6PM

This applies to every day EXCEPT the final... Thx for tolerating my ignorance..

Last question.. should I come to my senses and decide it's NOT worth $600 a ticket to get a seat kinda close.. are the nosebleed seats worth having? Are they better than seeing it on a good wide screen TV?? Opinions?

TMJordan
07-06-2009, 02:55 AM
I will be there on opening day.

savesthedizzle
07-08-2009, 02:10 AM
DOH!.. I see now.. I was thrown by the text at the bottom of every page that says..

*Gates open for day session at 10am
*Gates open for night session at 6PM

This applies to every day EXCEPT the final... Thx for tolerating my ignorance..

Last question.. should I come to my senses and decide it's NOT worth $600 a ticket to get a seat kinda close.. are the nosebleed seats worth having? Are they better than seeing it on a good wide screen TV?? Opinions?

Um the nosebleed seats are not really worth having, in my opinion :rolls: I mean, it's nice once to experience Ashe, and then you realize that Ashe kind of sucks ;)

It would have to be a player I really really really liked for me to sit through a match in the cheap seats in Ashe. You feel like you're watching ants play tennis.

Grounds passes = :inlove: you can see fantastic matches on Armstrong with a fantastic view, better than the blowouts on Ashe the first few days too.

VerdASSco
07-09-2009, 07:55 PM
So are there grounds passes available on the day for the first four days? If yes, when do you have to get in the queue? Thanksssssss.

betowiec
07-18-2009, 03:18 AM
So are there grounds passes available on the day for the first four days? If yes, when do you have to get in the queue? Thanksssssss.

ticket windows open at 9:00 so one hour before is fine

Tennisfan-Mtl
07-18-2009, 11:43 AM
It will be my first time going to the Open this year :) I'll be there for the first 3 or 4 days.

I did buy a ticket on Ashe for Monday night using my AMEX during the pre-sale....but still, i'm pretty up high. I really wanted to at least get into Ashe but I doubt I'll stay for an entire match. I much prefer the closer action of other courts.

Can't wait !

Restrictions on what can be brought inside the park are pretty harsh. No bagpacks, only small bags...What if I'm staying all day and want to bring a jacket for the evening ??? I have to tie it around my waist ??!?

Pirate
07-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Well.. Procrastination...thy name is Jerry..

I mucked around and didn't attempt to buy tickets to the US Open Mens Final (Sept 13th) until today.. July 31st.. Ticketmaster just informed me that the final is completely sold out. All tickets no matter what price are gone.. Geez.. However...He said NOT to lose all hope as now and then the venue will release a block of seats here and there as the event draws near...

So... I'm here putting my name up on the "Mongo want" list for anyone who has (1) GOOD seat for the mens final and for whatever reason can't attend ...

I was told by the ticketmaster person that the best seats.. (see chart below) Courtside and the Suites run from $125-$800..I am fine with those prices as long as I still haver time to book a flight for the event.

I am looking for (1) Courtside seat or (1) seat in the Suites section. I am NOT interested in a seat higher up than these sections.

If anyone has a ticket or knows of someone who would be willing to part with (1) ticket to the Mens Final at venue pricing.. I'm interested.. 828.628.7093 EST or 615-300-8012 or pirate@acelink.net

Lastly... I am NOT gonna pay a scalper over face value for any ticket . I don't roll that way.. Saavy? TIA .. Hope to see youz guyz there..

anon57
08-03-2009, 05:49 PM
How strict are they about the bags only being allowed to have one compartment, does this also count for purse/handbags.

Heners
08-13-2009, 09:47 AM
i wish i lived in america for the US OPEN would be off the hook to watch

Tennisfan-Mtl
08-16-2009, 03:25 PM
I was asking myself the same thing. Seems pretty strict to me ;)

How strict are they about the bags only being allowed to have one compartment, does this also count for purse/handbags.

savesthedizzle
08-17-2009, 11:57 PM
I honestly am not sure of strictness at the USO because I usually bring a tote bag with my supplies for the day, so it's usually just one massive compartment. I do not think it is super strict with purses, I have never had a problem when I haven't done a tote, but they are pretty strict about not bringing in backpacks or anything of that sort.

The only day I am pretty sure I am going at the moment is September 1st, which is my birthday ;) So if anyone sees me, you should buy me a drink :angel: :rolls: I was planning on going more days, but *sigh* work sucks :mad:

maratsmaiden
08-23-2009, 03:02 AM
anyone know if they let you on the grounds a day before (sunday the 30th) to watch players practice? Thanks!

Nathaliia
08-25-2009, 02:39 AM
You gotta catch me cheering on the Poles at the quallies matches tomorrow.

ClaudiuS
08-25-2009, 02:42 AM
You gotta catch me cheering on the Poles at the quallies matches tomorrow.

:rocker2:

StrangeAttractor
08-28-2009, 01:02 PM
With the weather the way it is, is it worth it to go today? Is there any chance to see players practicing?

Thanks.

Bilbo
08-28-2009, 01:43 PM
you won't see much today if any at all

StrangeAttractor
08-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. Oh well, maybe Sunday. Saturday is going to be hell with all those kids and their families.

zoparrat
08-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Does anyone know whether they'll move the qualifying matches to indoor courts today? Or will they just postpone to tomorrow. Tomorrow's weather also looks pretty bleak. Even sunday is iffy.

Bilbo
08-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Does anyone know whether they'll move the qualifying matches to indoor courts today?

they won't

SaFed2005
08-28-2009, 02:58 PM
This weather sucks!!! It is supposed to be raining all of today and tomorrow and a lot of Sunday too.

StrangeAttractor
08-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Does anyone know if the pros will practice Sunday, the day before the 'official' beginning of the US Open? If so, I wouldn't mind going then.

Bargearse
08-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Why don't you just go on Monday? The forecast is for partly cloudy conditions, so you'll probably see some great tennis.

StrangeAttractor
08-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Thing is, I can't afford to buy super expensive tickets and I'd rather watch a top 100 player from 10 feet away than Federer from the nosebleeds.

Mechlan
08-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Thing is, I can't afford to buy super expensive tickets and I'd rather watch a top 100 player from 10 feet away than Federer from the nosebleeds.

Don't buy stadium tickets, get a grounds pass, lots of action around the park. I agree, the outer courts are much more fun than the stadium courts the first week.

savesthedizzle
08-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Don't buy stadium tickets, get a grounds pass, lots of action around the park. I agree, the outer courts are much more fun than the stadium courts the first week.

Grounds passes are sold out for a lot of the days of the first week, just get a cheap Ashe seat, it's only $5 more than a grounds pass anyway and just don't go in there :lol:

onewoman74
08-28-2009, 11:21 PM
I was going to go this afternoon, but the rain did not let up. Sat seems like a wash out, but i wouldn't go anyway with all those kids - not my thing. Sunday is the best day to check out the courts (I hope). I will attend the day session on the 4th. I would love too see Fed play in the evening, although I'm not sure what day that will be...

onewoman74
08-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Grounds passes are sold out for a lot of the days of the first week, just get a cheap Ashe seat, it's only $5 more than a grounds pass anyway and just don't go in there :lol:

That's exactly what I did...couldn't find a grounds pass for labor day weekend. Did the next best thing...

StrangeAttractor
08-28-2009, 11:26 PM

Thanks troickitard and mechlan, these are excellent suggestions.

savesthedizzle
08-28-2009, 11:31 PM
That's exactly what I did...couldn't find a grounds pass for labor day weekend. Did the next best thing...

Yup, that's what I had to do for September 1, and I haven't decided if I will go September 2 or 3rd yet but I assume I will have to do the same thing then also.

Bargearse
08-29-2009, 12:01 AM

Bummer, but I know what you're saying. I've gone to the AUS Open a few times and I always go during the 1st or 2nd round and spend most of my time during the day watching the action on the outside courts. Better tennis than what you see on Rod Laver early in the tournament. Ground passes definitely the way to go. :yeah:

Bargearse
08-29-2009, 12:03 AM

:yeah:

smitty8
08-30-2009, 05:07 PM

Excellent suggestion! I just decided to be spontaneous and am going Labor Day weekend, which of course is sold out for grounds passes on Sat and Sun, but I snagged excellent box seats for Louis Armstrong for $162 each, which is worth it to me to not have to sit in LA all day trying to get a great seat for photos, now I can just wander around the other courts and know my seat is secure (and they ARE great seats, very close, baseline one day and near the middle of the court another). I did get a grounds pass for Labor Day Monday, too. Not sure how long I'll stay that day since I have to be back home for work Tuesday morning.

I am driving, so any helpful hints for parking? I'm probably going to stay in NJ, still need to look for a hotel. NYC hotels that weekend are too pricey (did it last year).

Audi
08-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Hi,

I have a pair of tickets for the first sunday night session (7:00 pm) at Arthur Ash. Is there a way to know which seeds will be playing that day or what are the chances of it being the men or women. Ideally I would love it to see a Federer or Nadal match..does anybody have an idea??

jcreback
08-30-2009, 05:51 PM
There is usually one men's match and one women's match in each night session. As for who will be playing, not sure what side of the draw yet, but chances are pretty good you will see one of the two, and if not, another top 5 player.

Hotzenplotz
08-30-2009, 06:35 PM
There'll be one 3rd round match from the bottom half of the men's draw and one 4th round match from the bottom half of the women's draw.

The men's match match could be, e.g., Nadal vs Ginepri or Almagro, Del Potro vs Fish or Murray vs Karlovic, the women's likely Serena vs Stosur or Venus v Clijsters.

Audi
08-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

knight_ley
08-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Yup, that's what I had to do for September 1, and I haven't decided if I will go September 2 or 3rd yet but I assume I will have to do the same thing then also.

We will have to meet up at a match on Tuesday!!!!! :yeah:

savesthedizzle
08-30-2009, 08:33 PM
We will have to meet up at a match on Tuesday!!!!! :yeah:

You will be there Tues? Vamos!!!!

knight_ley
08-30-2009, 10:25 PM
You will be there Tues? Vamos!!!!

All day bb!!!!!!!! :)

Frooty_Bazooty
09-04-2009, 05:14 PM
I just bought a general admission ticket to the Us Open for the second monday and Im wondering if it is likely that there will be singles matches on the Louis armstrong court? Ive tried looking for the order of plays from previous years and I could only find 2007 where there were a couple of singles matches

does anyone know from experience?

fishfan
09-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Last year there were two girls matches, the Bryan Brothers, and Del Potro played Nishikori, so you will get some singles matches.

smitty8
09-05-2009, 03:45 AM
Yeah, I was there for that, I got to stay until the end of the Del Potro match then had to leave to catch my train. It was a good day, I thought. I can't remember what I saw before the Bryans match, doubles on Grandstand maybe, but I thought there was also a good singles match on Grandstand, too.

savesthedizzle
09-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Is anyone else going tomorrow (Tuesday)? :)