1st Day of 2009

Pfloyd
12-30-2008, 04:07 AM
Besides watching fireworks of course.

:dance:

So, what are your plans?

Henry Chinaski
12-30-2008, 04:10 AM
I plan to avoid other people. Listen to music, read a book, write a book, jerk off, dick around on the internet, play guitar, go to bed early, tidy my bedroom, evaluate my existence. Who knows? The options are endless

It's highly unlikely I'll be going to a crowded bar or nightclub that has hiked its prices for the night to listen to endless numbers of morons utter the world's most banal comment to each other (and worse, to me) like it means a thing.

10K Futures Qualifier
12-30-2008, 04:23 AM
We are going to a party the place next to our ranch. Then doing fireworks at our ranch, should be very fun with everyone there.

Arkulari
12-30-2008, 05:18 AM
get back to Bilbao and spend it with my family and friends ;)

kai.
12-30-2008, 06:05 AM
drink drink drink and drink :drink:

adee-gee
12-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Going to a club and probably blowing about a month's worth of wages :o

jmf07
12-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Undecided where I will go but I will definitely be going out

bad gambler
12-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Most likely sleep through it, once you seen one fireworks display in Sydney Harbour you have seen them all.

Kristen
12-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Most likely sleep through it, once you seen one fireworks display in Sydney Harbour you have seen them all.

:worship:
I'll be trying to comfort my scared sh!tless dog, telling her I'll protect her from the fireworks.:rolleyes: Before that, I'll be working. New Years means nothing to me, sorry to be a killjoy ;)

I love that we're in this financial crisis, but we can spend $5million on fireworks. [Yes I know $5million might not be much to some people, but so much could be done with it...and it's effects could last longer than half an hour. I'm getting old.:(].

bad gambler
12-30-2008, 10:27 AM
:worship:
I'll be trying to comfort my scared sh!tless dog, telling her I'll protect her from the fireworks.:rolleyes: Before that, I'll be working. New Years means nothing to me, sorry to be a killjoy ;)

I love that we're in this financial crisis, but we can spend $5million on fireworks. [Yes I know $5million might not be much to some people, but so much could be done with it...and it's effects could last longer than half an hour. I'm getting old.:(].

And yet the organisers keep promising us all that this year's display will be different to the last 10 years. I've heard that one before :lol:

Venle
12-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Watch the fireworks for sure. ;)

Other plans.. Nah, don't know yet

Peta Pan
12-30-2008, 10:47 AM
I plan to avoid other people. Listen to music, read a book, write a book, jerk off, dick around on the internet, play guitar, go to bed early, tidy my bedroom, evaluate my existence. Who knows? The options are endless

It's highly unlikely I'll be going to a crowded bar or nightclub that has hiked its prices for the night to listen to endless numbers of morons utter the world's most banal comment to each other (and worse, to me) like it means a thing.

This sounds pretty much like me. I actually think last year I was sitting here on the internet and didn't realise the clock had ticked over. New Years means nothing to me and I've never actually ever done anything to celebrate it.

Tomorrow night I'm spending with 2 of my cousins. We are going to make tacos and have a quiet DVD night with a few glasses of wine :)

Bilbo
12-30-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm doing what I'm always doing. Studying and trying to pursue my schedule. I'm not a big fan of New Year's Eve with all the environmental pollution.

Bilbo
12-30-2008, 10:58 AM
And yet the organisers keep promising us all that this year's display will be different to the last 10 years. I've heard that one before :lol:

exactly, mate. every year i don't see much difference of the sydney harbour fireworks.

i wonder what dubai is going to offer this year. might be the only place to top the rest of the world.

biological
12-30-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm probably staying in... :awww:

smitty8
12-30-2008, 12:10 PM
I have some education stuff to finish up (deadline is midnight NYE), then drink a bit of bubbly, listen to my dog bark endlessly at the fireworks, maybe watch a bit of TV, then go to bed. :zzz:

Kitty de Sade
12-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Working, like every year. Best time to make $$$$ while the rest of the population is :drink: :D

finishingmove
12-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Working, like every year. Best time to make $$$$ while the rest of the population is :drink: :D

robbing a bank at 00:00 ? :D

Kitty de Sade
12-30-2008, 04:28 PM
robbing a bank at 00:00 ? :D

Would be a great idea. :p

Nothing that dangerous- Jagermeister is sponsoring their usual slot for a concert at House of Blues. I'll be passing out all kinds of stuff, maybe taking money out of a few drunk people's pockets while I'm at it. :devil:

finishingmove
12-30-2008, 04:59 PM
that's the spirit

reggie1
12-30-2008, 09:37 PM
I'll be staying in getting slaughtered on Bailey's (my favourite tipple) and watching all the fireworks displays on t.v and maybe hogmanay if it's on.It's too expensive to go out anyway. Blimey, I'm so rock and roll! I expect I'll do a quick chorus of Old Lang Sine, bid for something on Ebay that I don't want and then fall into bed. Like many of you, I'm not bothered about New Year at all. I don't like "forced enjoyment", you know when you think you should be happy and full of fun because people are telling you you should be.

ciprianned
12-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Would be a great idea. :p

Nothing that dangerous- Jagermeister is sponsoring their usual slot for a concert at House of Blues. I'll be passing out all kinds of stuff, maybe taking money out of a few drunk people's pockets while I'm at it. :devil:
lol:confused:

MisterQ
12-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Going to a three-day party. :drink: Happy New Year, everyone. :aparty:

Pfloyd
12-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Just got back home for a few days so I'll be partying a little tomorrow.

I wish the all the best for all of you at New Years :wavey:

cobalt60
12-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Happy New Year all!
The family and I are going to a party :banana: First party for NYE in over a decade. I had sworn off them but since Bob the Builder's voice is hosting it one could not say no ;)

Zirconek
12-30-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm going to decide tomorrow if I'll go to a soft :angel: or a hardcore party:devil:
:p

I was supposed to travel to the mountains but my amazing record of rainy trips (and it's rainy season here) and also some stuffs left to do made me decide to spend the parties in my parents' city - although they both travelled to spend the réveillon (in different places as they are divorced). I have two houses to take care now since they are away (and 9 dogs in total) :lol:

Happy new year everybody :wavey:

MisterQ
12-30-2008, 11:48 PM
I had sworn off them but since Bob the Builder's voice is hosting it one could not say no ;)

That is such a cryptic statement. Or is it? :eek:

Hope you have a great time and have some good champagne. :drool:

cobalt60
12-30-2008, 11:50 PM
That is such a cryptic statement. Or is it? :eek:

Hope you have a great time and have some good champagne. :drool:

:haha: You can take it anyway you like but hint hint- read the 30 love club;)

Crazy Girl
12-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Eating and drinking.

Horatio Caine
12-31-2008, 12:14 PM
I want to put on some extra weight next year so I'll be taking the opportunity of an extra couple of waking hours tonight to keep stuffing my face (and have a glass of bubbly). :p Bet you don't hear that often! :tape:

Not going to spend double for a night out that I would just as much enjoy in a matter of weeks.

Eden
12-31-2008, 01:03 PM
It's my father's birthday so I'm going to spend it with the family :)

Happy new year to everyone :wavey:

*Ljubica*
12-31-2008, 03:56 PM
I've got the flu :bigcry: and so has my partner :sad: So we'll just stay at home quietly, and hope to feel better in 2009.

Happy New Year everyone :hug:

kai.
12-31-2008, 04:16 PM
I've got the flu :bigcry: and so has my partner :sad: So we'll just stay at home quietly, and hope to feel better in 2009.

:hug: gl

Horatio Caine
12-31-2008, 05:24 PM

Get better soon. :sad: :awww: :hug:

ClaudiuS
12-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Family hugging and then bottles hugging. :drink: to finish with toilet hugging.

Nathaliia
12-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Toilet hugging :lol:

Happy New Year to everyone on MTF :wavey:

reggie1
12-31-2008, 07:07 PM

Hope you both feel better :D and happy new year to everyone :wavey:

reggie1
12-31-2008, 07:09 PM
I want to put on some extra weight next year so I'll be taking the opportunity of an extra couple of waking hours tonight to keep stuffing my face (and have a glass of bubbly). :p Bet you don't hear that often! :tape:

Not going to spend double for a night out that I would just as much enjoy in a matter of weeks.

I'm doing exactly the same, finishing off all the goodies in the cupboard tonight and then starting a diet tomorrow! :haha:

KarlyM
12-31-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm not doing anything. It's snowing again where I live, so not much is going on. I'm just making some "healthy" snacks - pizza and chocolate chip cookies. :lol:

7 hours to go for me! :aparty:

El Legenda
01-02-2009, 07:39 AM
i got hammered..dont remember most of the night :) woke up at 4pm the next day, so now i cant sleep :mad: its 2:40am now

Venle
01-02-2009, 01:07 PM
My New Year was relatively boring :shrug:

I watched fireworks, the Simpsons and froze outside