Betfair and ***** Help Needed? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Betfair and ***** Help Needed?

Gamblore
12-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Anyone know how to use a Proxxy for Betfair? Or am i wasting my time as it doesn't work? Just an inconvenience to ring up everytime i want to place a live bet. Especially when there is only a minute left in a futbol match.

belco
01-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Anyone know how to use a Proxxy for Betfair? Or am i wasting my time as it doesn't work? Just an inconvenience to ring up everytime i want to place a live bet. Especially when there is only a minute left in a futbol match.

i used to use a pr0xy all the time to live bet, until one day i got a phone call n they told me to stop or they will void all my winnings. Never did any pr0xy after that.. This was well over a year ago and the guy said alot of aussies do it.

Iván
01-29-2009, 05:44 PM
wow- did they really phone you up?

how much did you rob them?

bad gambler
01-31-2009, 01:24 AM
i used to use a pr0xy all the time to live bet, until one day i got a phone call n they told me to stop or they will void all my winnings. Never did any pr0xy after that.. This was well over a year ago and the guy said alot of aussies do it.

A lot of people still do it :lol:

Henry Chinaski
01-31-2009, 01:30 AM
amusing that the australian open has a sponsorship deal with betfair

bad gambler
01-31-2009, 01:32 AM

The Australian summer of cricket this season has betfair as a major sponsor as well.

It's hilarious to hear Richie Benaud say "just having a look at the betfair odds" during a match and give the audience an update. Gambling taking over sport = never in doubt

Gamblore
01-31-2009, 01:35 AM
The Australian summer of cricket this season has betfair as a major sponsor as well.

It's hilarious to hear Richie Benaud say "just having a look at the betfair odds" during a match and give the audience an update. Gambling taking over sport = never in doubt

I hate it when they do that, they do it in the NRL too. Gould says one of his retarded comments too.

ryan23
01-31-2009, 12:38 PM

I remember seing that during one test match, because we get the channel 9 feed on sky sports here, Richie loves a bet always at the horse race meetings during our summer Ascot/Goodwood etc

It used to be tobacco companies sponsoring sport but obviously that has all stopped for health reasons its now all gambling companies doing the sponsoring

Henry Chinaski
01-31-2009, 12:50 PM
yeah shame the tobacco ban got rid of all the old cult classic tournament names.

All the best snooker tournaments were sponsored by fag companies. The Embassy World Championship, Benson and Hedges Masters etc. Such cult names compared with the new shit like "888.com".

In football there was the respected Rothmans' Year Book now called the Sky Sports Year Book which makes it sound like a joke. Cricket had the Benson and Hedges Cup and the Silk Cut Challenge Cup.

The classic F1 cars are gone too. The Rothmans Williams, Marlboro McClaren, Benson and Hedges Jordan etc

its.like.that
01-31-2009, 03:25 PM

On the first day at the open, at least one trader was kicked out, yet less than 100m away there was a betfair tent recruiting as many new customers as possible. Go figure.

By trader, I am referring to people who sit at tennis matches and relay scores to somebody at a computer who is placing live bets, this is generally done over a phone or pda. These people are able to relay scores quicker than live scoreboards and television feeds, thus providing an advantage for their bettors. There are at least 20-30 such people who travel to every tournament and do this.

Doctor Dance
02-07-2009, 07:12 AM
How come Australians can't bet live online?

Must be pretty annoying having to ring up to place bets all the time :confused: