General Messages Best Poster 2008 - Congratulations Voo De Mar [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

General Messages Best Poster 2008 - Congratulations Voo De Mar

krystlel
12-29-2008, 03:53 AM
There it is, the final poll to see who the winner is.

Vote for who you think is the best poster(s) in General Messages, for whatever reason. It is a multiple choice poll.

The poll will be open for 5 days, like the last polls were, then the winner will be acknowledged in the title of this thread, when it closes.

Feel free to discuss the results in here, or reasons for your votes, if you haven't done so already.

finishingmove
12-29-2008, 03:57 AM
i limited myself to 1 person, which would be fast clay.

Clydey
12-29-2008, 04:08 AM
I'm also limiting myself to one person. I'm also voting for fast_clay.

No, this is not finishingmove's duplicate account.

LinkMage
12-29-2008, 04:33 AM
I'm disappointed the real best poster on GM (Clown Death) is not in this poll. :(

Kitty de Sade
12-29-2008, 04:38 AM
I love the gender uniformity. Awesome. :yeah:

TMJordan
12-29-2008, 04:39 AM

Truc and Scoobs are girls.

Kitty de Sade
12-29-2008, 04:41 AM

:lol: You know what I meant, cheeky thing.

Clydey
12-29-2008, 04:48 AM
I should add that I'm also a big fan of finishingmove, Henry Chinaski, and PMK. I have to lend my support to one of them, though, and fast_clay just gets the nod.

I like the rest of 'em too. Strangely, there's no one on that list that I dislike.

Thanos
12-29-2008, 07:08 AM
the dude in kitty signature is quite disturbing

jonathancrane
12-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Voo de Mar & finishingmove

Tabledott
12-29-2008, 10:42 AM
No Glenn here .... ?

scoobs
12-29-2008, 10:59 AM
That's news to my penis.

reggie1
12-29-2008, 11:36 AM
That's news to my penis.

Yes, how very dare they?! I knew you were a boy! ;)

TMJordan
12-29-2008, 01:44 PM
That's news to my penis.

I'm sorry, to think all this time I thought you were a women and was calling you ma'am. :sad:

scoobs
12-29-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm sorry, to think all this time I thought you were a women and was calling you ma'am. :sad:
I'm more concerned that Kelli, who does know I don't have ladyparts, elected not to correct you :)

Federerhingis
12-29-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm more concerned that Kelli, who does know I don't have ladyparts, elected not to correct you :)

Of course Kelli does. She was just not making the already obvious any more obvious.

I couldn't vote, it's a three way tie. ;)

Sjengster, Scoobs and PMK... :p

What is up Chris? :wavey:

Forehander
12-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Clay Death

«Ivan»
12-29-2008, 05:47 PM

ask yourself why's that?there is no gender uniformity.you girls try not to hate(not you,in general),laugh,make fun of every player or fan who is not "on your list/army" and talk about tennis with big T.it would be interesting.there's only a few girls who were writing about tennis.my choice were mostly girls(e.g.stupid dream).

imac's analysis one single game please?spitting,haha-ing,hating,whining excluded.try just one.to be fair glennmirnyi's too.

my vote goes to voo de mar.by the way fine posters in final list.i could give vote to finishingmove too but he decided to sell his soul 'n that's a shame.

Nathaliia
12-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Planned to vote for Voo but he is leading anyway big time, so I'll vote for the one who sold his soul.

JMG
12-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Truc, JimmyV and Merton. There are too many negative things too say about some others.

Kitty de Sade
12-29-2008, 08:16 PM
the dude in kitty signature is quite disturbing

Linda is working on a fix for me- I don't want to hear anymore slating of Saint Messi, thank you. :hatoff:

I always thought you were on our team in spirit, Scoobs. I didn't want to give you back to "them." :awww:

Of course Kelli does. She was just not making the already obvious any more obvious.

:kiss: Forever the diplomat, Luis.

ask yourself why's that?there is no gender uniformity.you girls try not to hate(not you,in general),laugh,make fun of every player or fan who is not "on your list/army" and talk about tennis with big T.it would be interesting.there's only a few girls who were writing about tennis.my choice were mostly girls(e.g.stupid dream).

imac's analysis one single game please?spitting,haha-ing,hating,whining excluded.try just one.to be fair glennmirnyi's too.

It is a daily thing with you- if you had a point or anything of note to say I'd try not to laugh at your expense.

Chupa, you were expressly told by a fellow Djokovic fan to stay out of situations like this, because they're over your head. Listen to her.

CooCooCachoo
12-29-2008, 08:19 PM
My vote goes to Truc.

I would have voted for Labamba had he been in the poll though.

NicoFan
12-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Difficult - I like both Scoobs and Truc so I finally just had to flip a coin.

EDIT - just noticed I could have voted for them both. Bad me - needed to read the entire thing first.

tangerine_dream
12-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Middle school popularity contests, jah.

krystlel
12-29-2008, 08:53 PM

my vote goes to voo de mar.by the way fine posters in final list.i could give vote to finishingmove too but he decided to sell his soul 'n that's a shame.
I don't see how this particular point applies any more to females, than males (the making fun of players).

Sommarsverige
12-29-2008, 08:58 PM
My vote goes to Truc :)

«Ivan»
12-29-2008, 09:55 PM
It is a daily thing with you- if you had a point or anything of note to say I'd try not to laugh at your expense.

Chupa, you were expressly told by a fellow Djokovic fan to stay out of situations like this, because they're over your head. Listen to her.

you didn't realize?didn't get this was a serious question(without proper anwser).you're not in this story so i am begging you-answer to my question.
so show me one post,just one.

fellow djokovic fan...hum..."expressly told to stay out of situations like this"???
no de sade,wrong again.fwd pm again.despite my expectations she is wordspreader.
i liked her a lot but this is big disappointment.okay,show must go on.
and you didn't get it.again.

dear de sade you convinced me you're truly pathetic one.

Kitty de Sade
12-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Nothing interesting, important or anything of note in the beginning of your post, so I didn't quote it. I'll give you a gift for the end of 2008 though, seeing how you cannot get attention without using my name or Linda's on a daily basis, and address the latter part:

dear de sade you convinced me you're truly pathetic one.

Pathetic in the eyes of someone who sends unsolicited torso pics of men in a state of arousal to people without prior communication. :rolls:

BTW- scoobs has my vote. :wavey:

«Ivan»
12-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Pathetic in the eyes of someone who sends unsolicited torso pics of men in a state of arousal to people without prior communication. :rolls:

poor thing.it was not torso,it was pole,big one:angel:
lucky me,i'm not depending on anybody's opinion here,i don't care but your job is tough...to satisfy who knows how many mtf members:sad:

back to the topic,answer to my question,show me one.told you,it's hard to find.

finishingmove
12-29-2008, 10:43 PM
it's true... i sold my soul...

i'd even give a kidney...

for sean connery pics.

ah........

l_mac
12-30-2008, 12:14 AM

:hug:
poor thing.it was not torso,it was pole,big one:angel:
lucky me,i'm not depending on anybody's opinion here,i don't care but your job is tough...to satisfy who knows how many mtf members:sad:

back to the topic,answer to my question,show me one.told you,it's hard to find.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to find, Chooper-Doo.

I'm going to vote for Merton, JimmyV and Voo, if you can vote for more than one. Merton, because he hates Nole. JimmyV, makes me laugh. Voo, because I like stats. I'd include Sjengster too if he posted more, but he doesn't. Plus his sig make me think about what Federer might look naked and that is distressing.

cobalt60
12-30-2008, 12:47 AM
I voted for Sjengster,Voo and PMK because they are INFORMATIVE and I learn something.

LoveFifteen
12-30-2008, 01:18 AM
scoobs :hearts:

alfonsojose
12-30-2008, 03:52 AM
That's news to my penis.
Who swallowed it? :drool:

alfonsojose
12-30-2008, 03:54 AM
scoobs :hearts:

Back off :armed:

LoveFifteen
12-30-2008, 04:27 AM
Back off :armed:

I am sure we can enjoy him together at the same time. :lick:

dijus
12-30-2008, 08:32 AM
GWH and Voo

habibko
12-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Voo, scoobs and Jimmy, I would have voted for Clay Death too but unfortunately he isn't there :sad:

Arkulari
12-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Voo and finishing! :rocker2:

Henry Chinaski
12-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Gonna restrict myself to 1 here and it's gotta be Action Jackson.

Does a lot for the forum, posting obscure but interesting articles (eg Massa, Mantilla, Russell) and maintaining some interesting stat threads (5 set records, pigeons etc)

Tess Gray
12-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Voo, Scoobs & Truc :yeah:

«Ivan»
12-30-2008, 05:22 PM
voo de mar but imac distracted me so i didn't vote for Truc:(

Mimi
01-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Voo
finishingmove
Jimmy V
:cool:

Henry Chinaski
01-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Epic battle for the wooden spoon right here featuring me and Jimmy

Voo de Mar
01-03-2009, 01:20 PM
:shrug:

I'm definitely the best MTF poster in "Statistics section" but not here... I'm still learning English and I'm not able to get the words out in the way I'd like to. Therefore often restrict myself in GM to post only stats, and some people doubted I watch tennis. Yes, I watch a lot but less than in the 90's.
I suppose you have mainly appreciated my "tribute threads" - it's a labor-intensive activity. You have to be very interested in tennis through many years to create these threads. Anyway it's a great feeling to be appreciated by the people from all over the world.

Thank you :worship: :wavey:

Nathaliia
01-03-2009, 01:26 PM
You are also less controversial than the others. Well played buddy.

JolánGagó
01-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Totally clownish poll. ClayDeath is clearly the best poster but isn't even on the list :rolleyes:

Bernard Black
01-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Totally clownish poll. ClayDeath is clearly the best poster but isn't even on the list :rolleyes:

Hehe, don't worry he'll be back in time for the clay season and start the Nadal bandwagon rolling for another year. You'll have a seat on his lap I'm sure :p

Very difficult to choose a top poster in this poll since each have their own merits in different areas. I see Voo de Mar is running away with it but as he admits himself he is all about the statistics and getting discussions rolling - very similar to CmonAussie in that respect, but perhaps not as knowledgable as the likes of PMK and Merton in other areas. Surprised Stebs isn't in the poll, seems people can't be bothered to read his long essay responses ;)

I haven't been here in a while, I'll have to give it some more thought before I vote.

l_mac
01-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Hehe, don't worry he'll be back in time for the clay season and start the Nadal bandwagon rolling for another year. You'll have a seat on his lap I'm sure :p

Very difficult to choose a top poster in this poll since each have their own merits in different areas. I see Voo de Mar is running away with it but as he admits himself he is all about the statistics and getting discussions rolling - very similar to CmonAussie in that respect, but perhaps not as knowledgable as the likes of PMK and Merton in other areas. Surprised Stebs isn't in the poll, seems people can't be bothered to read his long essay responses ;)

I haven't been here in a while, I'll have to give it some more thought before I vote.

You do that.

Then, when you see the poll is closed, just post who you would have voted for :hug:

scoobs
01-03-2009, 05:08 PM

I'm definitely the best MTF poster in "Statistics section" but not here... I'm still learning English and I'm not able to get the words out in the way I'd like to. Therefore often restrict myself in GM to post only stats, and some people doubted I watch tennis. Yes, I watch a lot but less than in the 90's.
I suppose you have mainly appreciated my "tribute threads" - it's a labor-intensive activity. You have to be very interested in tennis through many years to create these threads. Anyway it's a great feeling to be appreciated by the people from all over the world.

Deserved winner :)

Also thanks to everyone who voted for me :worship:

Mimi
01-05-2009, 08:09 AM
:bigclap::hug::smooch: congratulations Voo

Crazy Girl
01-05-2009, 08:41 AM
:bowdown::hatoff::banana:VOO!!!!:banana::hatoff::b owdown::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Deivid23
01-05-2009, 07:10 PM
:haha: MTF :worship:

Arkulari
01-05-2009, 07:47 PM
VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :rocker2: :rocker2:
no one but you! :D

scoobs
01-05-2009, 08:03 PM
I think Voo is a worthy winner because he offers some good statistical insights that few, if any, other posters do - he adds value :)

I'd also like give an honourable mention to Judio for the excellent work with the rankings year in year out - shame he wasn't in the poll, actually. It's a terrific reference and GM would be less useful without it. :yeah:

jonathancrane
01-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Deserved win

El Legenda
01-05-2009, 08:52 PM
fixed.