I have a new game addiction [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I have a new game addiction

Aurora
12-27-2008, 10:11 AM
and it's a pretty silly one: http://isadora81.labrute.fr

you make a "brute" avatar and you let it fight.

I got it from a poster's sig here on MTF and I want to say thanks for giving me another stupid passtime on the internet :ras: waiting around till I can fight again

Yes, it's in French but don't be alarmed - it's quite easy
You pick a name on the left:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1408/naamkq0.th.jpg (http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=naamkq0.jpg)

and then choose an avatar appearance and colours & press the button below.
Then you watch it fight
You can accumulate points, get weapons and enter tournaments.

If you are bored, kinda silly and easily addictive... :wavey: hi, I'm like you!

Thanos
12-27-2008, 10:21 AM
oh god aurora why did you do this to me!! hehe i got addicted to that stupid application on facebook the vampire one. i couldnt stop playing it until i become a vampire god (that right dont mess with me).

hehe this look like fun!!! arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i build a character now

Aurora
12-27-2008, 10:46 AM
:lol: you're welcome!

I see you managed to win matches and have already passed a level (called "niveau")

There is a reason I don't begin with Facebook. :secret: well, the other 2 are that you have to register a "real name" instead of a nick and there's too much people from work there

Peta Pan
12-27-2008, 11:00 AM
I tried to try it... but the language barrier was too hard for me. It's giving me error messages that I can't read and I had no idea what I was doing :lol:

Aurora
12-27-2008, 11:18 AM
probably the nick you picked was already in use ;)

Thanos
12-27-2008, 11:23 AM
:lol: you're welcome!

I see you managed to win matches and have already passed a level (called "niveau")

There is a reason I don't begin with Facebook. :secret: well, the other 2 are that you have to register a "real name" instead of a nick and there's too much people from work there

you dont have to put your real name on facebook but yeah if you dont want to talk to certain people its better not to make a account. i havent used mine one for six months after become a vampire god hehe.

I tried to try it... but the language barrier was too hard for me. It's giving me error messages that I can't read and I had no idea what I was doing :lol:

yeah i agree, i got the error message as well i had no idea how to build my character.

Peta Pan
12-27-2008, 11:27 AM
I eventually got a name that worked but then I watched my girl get beaten to a pulp and had no idea what to do afterwards, which buttons to press to move on.

Ivanatis
12-27-2008, 03:12 PM
I had real struggle to find a name as well, even tried some uncommon ones

my character won the first battle easily against some girl (although I didn't call him Voo;)), but all I did was pressing left and right arrow, not figured out how it really works so far

edit: oh was that you I defeated? sorry :lol:

Voo de Mar
12-27-2008, 03:17 PM
my character won the first battle easily against some girl (although I didn't call him Voo;)),

:lol:

Aurora
12-27-2008, 04:55 PM
I had real struggle to find a name as well, even tried some uncommon ones

my character won the first battle easily against some girl (although I didn't call him Voo;)), but all I did was pressing left and right arrow, not figured out how it really works so farthe real silly part of this game: you don't do anything... you just can watch the fight. and re-watch it. you can only fight yourself 3 times a day. but you can re-watch your fights. told you it was silly.

Ivanatis
12-27-2008, 04:59 PM
it's fine
and it doesn't take too long:D

I see your character improved a lot due to everybody you recruited :yeah:

Voo de Mar
12-27-2008, 05:03 PM
I had lost first 3 fights before I won the first one over some girl :lol:

Peta Pan
12-28-2008, 01:34 AM
That was probably me (aphrodite)... I have won nothing. I joined under a different recruit by accident with a similar name and that one has won 3 fights... no idea what is wrong with this girl.

BigJohn
12-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Nice. Thanks! :)

Gamblore
12-28-2008, 04:36 AM
I can't understand French, but seems ok. Started fighting against one guy that had a dog too. Got killed by both. Double attacks.

Aurora
12-28-2008, 11:17 AM
yeah, the dogs are bad - there's even a bear around who stands in front of the player so you can't even see the avatar.

Anyhow, already 13 players have joined! :wavey: thanks for giving me the extra experience points and I hope you don't lose too much time!

Thanos
12-28-2008, 11:19 AM
oi aurora,

how do you build your character??

like their strength etc? and get weapons?

do i need to learn french??

Aurora
12-28-2008, 12:45 PM
you build and get everything by
- fighting 3 fights a day (well, and winning some)
- getting students (and they advance)
- entering tournaments

learn some french through this game ;)
I'll post some terms in a minute

Aurora
12-28-2008, 12:57 PM
You should make your startpage your own "cell" called Cellule de wacked
de = of
->Below each fight window you can click the link "Retour à la cellule de..." = Return to the cell of
->If you have 1 or 2 more fights left, there is also a link straight to the screen where you pick your opponent for another fight (don't remember the exact sentence right now)

So I'm just gonna do alot terms you see on the cell-page. 'Cause languages are fun :)

Aurora
12-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Maitre = master
Classement = classification
victoires - victories
elèves = students
armes = weapons
et = and
disponible = available
en combat = in a fight

niveau = level
points de vie = life points

rapidité = speed

nouvel = new = nouveau(x)

gagné = won

se repose = is resting
dès demain = from tomorrow

That's pretty much the words (that are kind of different from english) I have on my page. Send the link of yours and I'll see what I haven't translated yet.

Ivanatis
12-28-2008, 03:33 PM
- entering tournaments

where can I do that? do I need a certain level?

thanks for the translations:wavey:

Aurora
12-28-2008, 03:43 PM
where can I do that? do I need a certain level?:shrug: I don't know, it just suddenly appeared in my cell that I wasn't registered yet. I guess it appeared when I was niveau 3.

Thanos
12-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Une erreur est survenue... brutalement !

- what does this mean?? then been a error??

the best avatar i've seen aurora. its look like their water bending

BigJohn
12-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Une erreur est survenue... brutalement !

- what does this mean?? then been a error??

the best avatar i've seen aurora. its look like their water bending

That is it: an error just brutely happened. In my experience, it just means that the system is too busy. Just reload the page until it works.

Ivanatis
12-30-2008, 12:07 AM
1/3 yesterday
2/3 today

and up to level 4, my points distribution doesn't look too good however apart from a solid 5 in Force

BigJohn
12-30-2008, 01:43 AM
8 victories so far, mostly thanks to 2 weapons (pitchfork and dino bone) and my 96 points de vie. I hope level 4 will bring a little more speed, that is what is holding me back...

Aurora
12-30-2008, 05:43 PM
1 out of 3 today :(

gotta say thanks for all the students though!

Ivanatis
12-30-2008, 05:52 PM
the strength distribution seems to be completely random
a friend of mine who joined has 12-3-2 at level 2 because he learned Force Herculéenne, I have 5-3-2 at level 4, and he's basically throwing ninja stars at you all the time from the distance which makes him very tough to defeat

I have Peau Renforcée now, guess the damage I take from hits will be a bit lower now?

Aurora
12-30-2008, 08:56 PM
yeah, 'luck' is involved it seems

I'm finding it hard to see which opponents are suitable - the life points seem to matter less than the 3 forces

Thanos
12-31-2008, 01:56 AM
booooo the server only let me have 2 fights today instead of 3

Aurora
12-31-2008, 09:54 PM
:hug: poor addict you

Thanos
01-01-2009, 12:02 AM
i know its serious problem :sobbing:.

i was bored i was watching people fighting in the tournament i saw all the mad things you can get like bears and how some character can steal weapons and use nets..

Ivanatis
01-01-2009, 03:01 AM
stealing weapons sucks indeed, happened to me once and I was totally lost

the dog is not that grave imo, the damage is low and it's actually better than having an opponent with another weapon instead of the dog, plus it can be beaten very quickly

I've luckily not come across that bear so far, 2/3 today

Aurora
01-01-2009, 09:48 AM
:scratch: I still don't see how the life points work. Is it influenced by the number of hits you take?
Because you see brutes of the same level (niveau) with lifepoints of 70 and 120.

biological
01-01-2009, 12:33 PM
this game is fun :D

Thanos
01-01-2009, 12:55 PM
this game is fun :D

what the name of your character??

biological
01-01-2009, 01:06 PM
what the name of your character??

JankoTipsarevic :p I don't think I can fight anymore today though :awww:

Thanos
01-01-2009, 01:16 PM
JankoTipsarevic :p I don't think I can fight anymore today though :awww:

alright i look out for you. maybe in later date i can lay some smackdown on you :p

biological
01-01-2009, 01:22 PM
alright i look out for you. maybe in later date i can lay some smackdown on you :p

we'll see :devil: what's your guy called?

Thanos
01-01-2009, 01:24 PM
same as my nick. i saw your little red dude and his big sword.

biological
01-01-2009, 01:28 PM
same as my nick. i saw your little red dude and his big sword.

he's cool yeah? got beaten by some dude with throwing stars though :(

Aurora
01-02-2009, 08:28 AM
2-1 today :bounce:

still level7 though, I see other moving at another pace! :shrug: I'll get there eventually

Wacked, you asked how you get students. By getting other people to make avatars with the link that's in the right top corner of your screen. Probably looks like the link I gave you in the first post, only with your nick.

Give it here!

Ivanatis
01-02-2009, 03:33 PM
up to level 5:D

got a new weapon, no idea what it's called, but still suck with force 6, agilité 3, rapidité 2; 81 points de vie is quite ok I think

Ivanatis
01-02-2009, 10:25 PM
3/3 for the first time I think:D

all three fights mainly due to this new weapon which causes huge damage
btw. if somebody has the courage to challenge me, my nick is Ivanatis

Aurora
01-03-2009, 09:55 AM
me too (every screen I loaded got preceded by an error though :shrug:)

20 victories :woohoo:

Aurora
01-03-2009, 10:01 AM
3/3 for the first time I think:D

all three fights mainly due to this new weapon which causes huge damage
btw. if somebody has the courage to challenge me, my nick is Ivanatiswhat is it? :scared:
I've lost alot of fights against that big brown bat (kinda looks like a chicken wing). Just 1 swing and its 30 points lost :mad:

Ivanatis
01-03-2009, 03:26 PM
i don't know the French or English name and it's no longer listed there I think

it's the thing with which Gogo Yubari attacks The Bride in Kill Bill if that helps :lol:

http://ivanatis.labrute.fr/fight/630072238

there I use it at the end

biological
01-04-2009, 01:37 PM
If anyone fancies becoming my student :p http://jankotipsarevic.labrute.fr

eta: I'm still on level 3 though :awww: but my rapidité has gone up a bit so hopefully I can beat people a bit faster.

I've had 3 victories :haha: I don't know how I manage to be bad even at games when you don't do anything.

BigJohn
01-04-2009, 08:31 PM
The downside of it is the combat limit. Got a shield yesterday. I'm trying a new strategy: target those with high point de vie, since that means they have lower in other fighting skills...

I found another game that does not have fight limits. It's also multilingual, so another bonus.

You get a set of cards and you fight other people. Each combat only involves 4 cards , you get to decide what card to use against your oponent. Easy to figure out, combats are quick, your cards get experience as they win... Give it a try!

http://www.urban-rivals.com/?sponsor=4143813

BigJohn
01-04-2009, 10:31 PM
One dude had a hammer. That thing makes 60 points go away.

Thanos
01-04-2009, 10:47 PM
i saw your character bigjohn, 111 life points very nice.

BigJohn
01-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah, but I need more speed... or that crazy hammer. It was like a huge hammer like the ones they use on anvils. Anyone got it yet?

Ivanatis
01-06-2009, 04:27 AM
up to level 6 :)

and another strong weapon, I wish I could sell it for agilité points or so

Thanos
01-10-2009, 08:49 AM
i hate fighting people with shields and nets.. they keep blocking my attacks or trap me!!!!

Ivanatis
01-14-2009, 11:07 PM
gee that bear is massive

Thanos
01-14-2009, 11:16 PM
gee that bear is massive

you finally saw the bear hehhe..

1/3 today, my little dude is getting worse.. :sad:

Ivanatis
01-14-2009, 11:54 PM
yup saw him and felt him:rolleyes:

Ivanatis
01-25-2009, 04:43 PM
got that little dog now as well
cost me some life points however:(

Aurora
02-07-2009, 12:20 PM
so, how's everybody doing?
I can see a lot of people are still playing vehemently because some students have catched me in level count ;)

I went to La Brute for the first time since a week, looked up Wacked and lost in a fight. It was a close battle, but he beat me in the end mainly with the force of his bare hand :worship:
(btw what's that silly fan you have as a weapon ;))

From level 10 you can join a clan & you can help it get higher in the ranking by scoring points.

Have you seen some cool stuff? I think the bomb is pretty nice, as are the ninja stars some throw.
:eek: I killed a bear in a fight! (unfortunely the Brute killed me afterwards, but yeah)

Thanos
02-07-2009, 12:25 PM
where the option to join a clan?. when i got to level 10 i thought i finally would get decent weapon instead i got little annoying dog!!

i just noticed many random have been fighting me lately. i think the the best attribution ive seen is the potion healing and the one where you can steal other people weapon or animals

Aurora
02-07-2009, 12:33 PM
where the option to join a clan?
on the top right there appeared a link to click. You can see the rankings "classement" of top clans. If you click a clan that hasn't got 50 member you can ask to join on the bottom left. The leader has to approve though, so don't even try to join the first 20 clans - those all have members who are at least level 18 or something.

I joined Norzhan Power who was classified at 35 first, but now has regressed to nr 47 and the leader is asking in the forum (each clan has own forum I think) if she should ditch the new ones who are just level 10 - aka me :lol:

when i got to level 10 i thought i finally would get decent weapon instead i got little annoying dog!! I know, the rewards are so fucking random, it's just annoying.
I made myself a whole bunch of alternatives just to see what differences are possible (and yes, because I was very very bored 1 evening)

i just noticed many random have been fighting me lately. i think the the best attribution ive seen is the potion healing and the one where you can steal other people weapon or animalsyeah, the stealing was very surprising - I totally didn't get what was happening at first "WTF??!!"

Ivanatis
02-07-2009, 03:50 PM
I reached level 10 and got a massive boost in Force. And I got two of these little dogs now as well. Wish I could exchange them for a bear or wolfhound. But they're pretty ok, not in terms of attacking, but as they serve as a target my opponent can attack instead of me. I basically attack players with the same level or 2 or 3 peers I recruited who are 0-2 levels below mine. Hm I don't think I've seen anything that hasn't been mentioned so far here. I agree, that potion is really useful, would be a nice gift once I enter level 11.

Aurora
02-07-2009, 05:21 PM
I noticed that there are Brutes out there who just beat the 3 same opponents every day. Kind of boring, if you ask me but it gets them moving fast of course.

Ivanatis
02-07-2009, 05:57 PM
yup, they should improve that
I think it's even possible to defeat guys with level 2 or 3 when you're lv. 10 and you still get those 2 points (which is pretty lame imo)

maybe they should give like 10 pointa for defeating a lv. 10 player, 9 for lv. 9 etc.
that way improving in the higher levels wouldn't take ages as well

Aurora
02-21-2009, 08:44 AM
I've tested it, and you only get 1 experience point if you beat someone from a level way under yours (1 or 2 levels lower is the same). So there is some justice.

I'm level 12 now and I can steal opponents weapons! :bounce:

Thanos
02-21-2009, 10:45 AM
I've tested it, and you only get 1 experience point if you beat someone from a level way under yours (1 or 2 levels lower is the same). So there is some justice.

I'm level 12 now and I can steal opponents weapons! :bounce:

yeah i saw your character is mad now and its can blow animals aways with wind thingy. my one has gotten worst. level 11 still the same crappy weapons :fiery:. their struggling to win matches now...

Aurora
02-21-2009, 09:32 PM
doesn't it annoy you when your character doesn't use the weapons?
That wind thingy you mention (they call it a sort of "cry"), she barely uses it - although regularly the net is used.
And sometimes it keeps beating bare hand when a weapon could prevent a loss.

Ivanatis
02-22-2009, 12:18 AM
it annoys me more, when my character uses his club, because he hardly strikes with it
not using the weapons is not really a problem for my brute as it has force 18 (agilité and rapidité only 4 and 3 or sth.), so the damage my opponent takes is usually really high, even without a weapon :)

I'll move up to lv. 12 tomorrow, I'm looking forward to whatever improvement I get then

Aurora
02-22-2009, 07:15 AM
yeah, that always is exciting and then after usually a letdown ;) - they always keep you craving

I'd really like that healing power, you can go twice as long with that which would be nice for the close battles you lose just in the end.

Some new people joined - habibko, Ilovetheblues & Alleeeeez: how are you finding the game?

Ilovetheblues_86
02-22-2009, 11:24 AM
I only won one battle, and my guy sucks a lot :p. He has increased power which is good and a power that later will be great which is Choc (drops enemy weapon). I guess he´s a late bloomer. :banana:

Ivanatis
02-28-2009, 02:18 PM
3/9 the last 3 days, pretty bad:(
and I keep losing at the tourney early as well, had once 5th round, my best by far, otherwise only once round 3 or so

Snoo Foo
02-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm on a 7 match win streak (or longer but it doesn't go back that far) and I won 5 rounds in the tournament :rocker2: at least I think so, cuz I don't understand french. but the most important thing is my brute is cute :hearts:

habibko
03-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Some new people joined - habibko, Ilovetheblues & Alleeeeez: how are you finding the game?

I don't like games that have nothing to do with skills and are all about luck, but I did reach lvl 4 :p thanks for sharing the game.

Yves.
03-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I lvoe this game :lol:

Aurora
03-02-2009, 07:37 PM
aah, a newbie!

:sobbing: I'm addicted - I feel obligated for my clan to fight every day but I don't even watch the fights every time (if you click fast a few times before loading the fight scene, you get directed to your cell)
-> how sad is that?

I'm getting frustrated by the bears: I usually kill them or catch them in a net but then I'm too weak to beat the opponent :mad:
But I love how I'm losing and then before the final blow comes, I steal the weapon and win with 3 blows in a row :rocker: :rocker:

Thanos
03-02-2009, 08:08 PM
aah, a newbie!

:sobbing: I'm addicted - I feel obligated for my clan to fight every day but I don't even watch the fights every time (if you click fast a few times before loading the fight scene, you get directed to your cell)
-> how sad is that?

I'm getting frustrated by the bears: I usually kill them or catch them in a net but then I'm too weak to beat the opponent :mad:
But I love how I'm losing and then before the final blow comes, I steal the weapon and win with 3 blows in a row :rocker: :rocker:

:eek: what the point of playing if you don't watch the fight!

Aurora
03-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I snow :o

Thanos
03-04-2009, 04:43 AM
my character beat level 18 brute in the tournament and im level 12 but then he lost in 6h round to level 14 :mad:. my character is the gulbis of la brutes!

Ivanatis
03-05-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm approaching lv.13, but it's starting to bore me. Simply takes too long now without 100+ trainees.:o

Ivanatis
03-09-2009, 04:20 PM
http://hans56.labrute.fr/cellule :spit:

Thanos
03-10-2009, 11:40 PM
finally level 13 no new weapons :fiery: but my little dude learnt new ability called choc. no idea what it does yet.

Aurora
04-11-2009, 07:04 AM
killed 3 dogs, a bear and tightly won the fight! :woohoo:

http://no-fucking-way.labrute.fr/fight/161623890

Gladiahtor
04-13-2009, 11:39 AM
hey guys,

yesterday I found a little Onlinegame that is so much fun that I think I'm addicted =).

You have a little fighter that gets better each time he fights someone else and you can even acquire pupils and join clans^^. You can only do three fights a day, so it's not a dead serious game and takes only a five minute break to play.

It's also pretty easy to get started. Just create your little fighter on this page:

http://elhover.mybrute.com/

and you're ready to go.

have fun with it,

Greetings,
Glad

Ivanatis
04-13-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135281

good one indeed

Gladiahtor
04-13-2009, 11:51 AM
this is the english version, the game you provided a link for is mainly played by french players. The characters in the two version are totally independent from one another.

So I thought it would be nice for ne non-french members of the forum to get an english version.

yours,
Glad

Aurora
05-13-2009, 06:41 AM
I could use some new students :devil: :lick:

http://isadora81.labrute.fr

Ivanatis
05-13-2009, 08:29 AM
you're still playing:eek:

Thanos
05-13-2009, 08:32 AM
:( i lost little video that im hammering your brute ivanatis, deck.

Aurora
05-13-2009, 08:59 PM
you're still playing:eek:yeah well, I'm putting off entering World of Warcraft :p

Ivanatis
05-13-2009, 10:22 PM
:( i lost little video that im hammering your brute ivanatis, deck.

you can't lose what never existed, mate:p

fast_clay
05-14-2009, 12:47 AM
i have a little level 6 dude called... Collossos... he pounds...

i'll keep hammering away till i reach you guys... then... i'll seek you out... yes...

http://collossos.mybrute.com <--- new players, join me...

Thanos
05-15-2009, 09:56 AM
you can't lose what never existed, mate:p

http://wacked.labrute.fr/fight/206059538

my brute beating up on your brute again :p

Ivanatis
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
:sad:

Aurora
05-15-2009, 06:51 PM
:hug: :hug: poor Deck