The Mighty Duck in Cincy! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Mighty Duck in Cincy!

Pages : [1] 2

MissPovaFan
07-30-2004, 11:45 PM
Andy Roddick will face Max Mirnyi in the first round of the Cincinnati Masters.

RoddickBabe10
07-30-2004, 11:51 PM
Max Mirnyi... hmmm... I haven't seen this guy play often. In fact, I think, the only time I ever saw him play was Fed's 2nd rd. match (in canada)? So has Andy ever played him before? h2h?

Havok
07-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Federer, Roger (1)
Hrbaty, Dominik
Bjorkman, Jonas
Labadze, Irakli
Ginepri, Robby
Santoro, Fabrice
Youzhny, Mikhail
Massu, Nicolas (13)

Gaudio, Gaston (9)
Gambill, Jan-Michael (wc)
Enqvist, Thomas
qualifier (q)
Dent, Taylor
Robredo, Tommy
Clement, Arnaud
Ferrero, Juan Carlos (7)

Coria, Guillermo (3)
Lopez, Feliciano
Chela, Juan Ignacio
qualifier (q)
Melzer, Jurgen
Morrison, Jeff (wc)
Novak, Jiri
Safin, Marat (14)

Hewitt, Lleyton (10)
Bogomolv, Alex Jr (wc)
qualifier (q)
Kuerten, Gustavo
Arazi, Hicham
Spadea, Vincent
El Aynaoui, Younes
Henman, Tim (5)

Nalbandian, David (6)
Nadal, Rafael
Gonzalez, Fernando
Sanchez, David
Johansson, Thomas (SE)
qualifier (q)
Fish, Mardy
Agassi, Andre (11)

Pavel, Andrei (16)
qualifier (q)
Llodra, Michael
Zabaleta, Mariano
Malisse, Xavier
Ljubicic, Ivan
qualifier (q)
Moya, Carlos (4)

Schuettler, Rainer (8)
Haas, Tommy (wc)
Sargsian, Sargis
qualifier (q)
Horna, Luis
Verdasco, Fernando
Soderling, Robin
Grosjean, Sebastien (12)

Srichaphan, Paradorn (15)
Ferrer, David
qualifier (q)
Schalken, Sjeng
Johansson, Joachim
Kiefer, Nicolas
Mirnyi, Max
Roddick, Andy (2)

pretty brutal draw :o Opening up vs Max is very tough (but they played a fabulous match at Cincy last year, it was just :drool: ) then PimPim or Kiefer in the 2nd round :eek: 3rd round is easy. QF can be Schuettler (doubt it) Haas, or Grosjean :eek: Dunno how well he'll do here because he's gotta come out with the goods right away, no time to slack off :o

Carito_90
07-30-2004, 11:54 PM
oh Andy...

Aleksa's Laydee
07-30-2004, 11:56 PM
this is a NASTY draw :crying2:

Deboogle!.
07-31-2004, 12:10 AM
this draw SUCKS For Andy...

btw if this is gonna be the official Cincy thread, someone has to come up with a good title and Paul has to change it. Otherwise, we gotta start another one, I'm not breaking the trend NOW! lol

OH and Andy's 2-0 against Max, they actually met at Cincy just last year Andy won in straights (This is the match where Andy had ONE unforced error and still only won 76 64 :eek: )... also last year at Madrid. so 2-0 both last year, both on pretty quick surfaces. but still UGH

MissPovaFan
07-31-2004, 12:13 AM
this draw SUCKS For Andy...

btw if this is gonna be the official Cincy thread, someone has to come up with a good title and Paul has to change it. Otherwise, we gotta start another one, I'm not breaking the trend NOW! lol

hehe ok suggest a name and I'l do it :p

Deboogle!.
07-31-2004, 12:15 AM
We'll get thinking about it and let you know... ;)

MissPovaFan
07-31-2004, 12:16 AM
We'll get thinking about it and let you know... ;)

ok :D

Jennay
07-31-2004, 01:01 AM
Ew what a sucky draw for Andy.

Oh well, if he plays really really well, he can do it :D Bring it on :banana:

tangerine_dream
07-31-2004, 01:50 AM
This draw isn't so bad. All it means is that Andy will not be allowed to be lazy (as he's done at RCA and is doing now at Toronto), he'll have to play his best game right off the bat. That's good news! :banana: I can't stand watching Andy lollying around the court, making WTA-style UEs and other nonsense he has no business doing out there. :ras:

Havok
07-31-2004, 01:51 AM
WTA-style UEs :bigcry:

tangerine_dream
07-31-2004, 01:55 AM
How about The Mighty Duck in Cincy? ;)

http://www.cincinnatimightyducks.com/

Gonzo Hates Me!
07-31-2004, 03:40 AM
I love Max and all, but I think he will lose. He's got a big serve, but like Roger said, he comes in on every point, and he tries to end every point quickly, so if you are a good returner, you can make him play a game he doesnt want to. And Andy must really up his game when he plays him 'cause he has to make a lot of pass shots and have a lot of patience--something Andy has really refined over the past year, PATIENCE. But I think Max is a poor man's Tim Henman. I dont think his serve and volley game is good enough. I think it is great for doubles but not singles

DAMN! I gotta say!!! That draw is loaded with action!!! I'll be on vacation so I hope I can catch some of that stuff! WOW!!

RoddickBabe10
07-31-2004, 06:12 AM
Uh-oh, I'm a little nervous :scared: How tough do you all think Mirnyi would be?

J. Corwin
07-31-2004, 10:55 AM
Max has the potential to be a very tough customer for Andy, but he'll pull it out. Andy doesn't lose to anyone besides god anymore. ;)

ooo...and I want an Andy/Tommy rematch! :D

Aleksa's Laydee
07-31-2004, 05:05 PM
i think it'll be tough but he can do it, hes a hard man to beat when hes on form and we all know that ;)

he'l win maybe in 3 or 2 tb's but a win for sure :yeah:

MissPovaFan
07-31-2004, 06:41 PM
Sorted :)

Deboogle!.
07-31-2004, 08:12 PM
:rocker2:

lilfairyprincess
08-01-2004, 01:23 AM
hey guys im new here!! i agree..bituva crap draw for andy..but hey, cud be worse..he cud be in the otehr half of the draw playin rodger ;-) at least this way its set to be another amazin andy/rodger final like at wimbledon and (hopefully/probably ;-) ) toronto!!

Deboogle!.
08-01-2004, 01:42 AM
hi lilfairyprincess! WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

star
08-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Andy Roddick will face Max Mirnyi in the first round of the Cincinnati Masters.

Cute thread title. Sorry I didn't see it before I posted a thread. :eek:

RoddickBabe10
08-01-2004, 07:45 AM
I hope Roddick defends Cincy! That's all. Thank you very much. haha

TinyT
08-01-2004, 04:19 PM
hey lilfairyprincess :wave: greetings!!! :hug:

Jennay
08-01-2004, 06:02 PM
:wavey: lilfairyprincess, welcome!! :D

andyroxmysox12191
08-02-2004, 12:45 AM
hey fairy! :wavey:

Deboogle!.
08-02-2004, 02:39 PM
New Roddick defends title

W&S win was a breakthrough

By Dustin Dow
Enquirer staff writer

When last we left Andy Roddick, he was triumphantly standing alone on Center Court in Mason, on the cusp of becoming the next great American men's tennis player.

Charismatic and powerful - however unrefined his raw talent - Roddick won over Cincinnati fans as he claimed last year's Western & Southern Financial Group Masters title. The momentum didn't stop there. Three weeks later, Roddick won his first Grand Slam title at the U.S. Open and finished the year ranked No. 1 in the world.

It's a more celebrated, accomplished and polished Roddick who returns this week to the Lindner Family Tennis Center, where bracket play begins today.

But, just like a year ago, questions linger about his future. Only this time it's not when he'll get to the top, but how long he'll stay there.

Roddick, 21, is no longer the whimsical kid, as his coach Brad Gilbert puts it, who might do something big someday. He is now the top U.S. player, and in world ranking trails only Switzerland's Roger Federer, who defeated Roddick Sunday in the championship of the Tennis Masters Canada.

Roddick represents one reason tennis might stop its popularity slide in America.

"I'm not an idiot," Roddick said. "I know we need Americans at the top of the game to have interest in this game in this country. We're not exactly at the top of the totem pole as far as the general public's interest goes as far as sports. My responsibility is to try to promote the game and help it as much as possible."

He has large shoes to fill. The American tennis greats before him, most notably Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, Jim Courier and Michael Chang, enjoyed lengthy careers on the ATP Tour.

All but Chang won multiple Grand Slams. Agassi, seeded 11th this week, is playing in his 19th season on the tour.

So does Roddick have the same kind of staying power?

"The comparisons (to other great players) now are somewhat validated, whereas before, when I was No. 10, 15 in the world and people were throwing that out there, I almost felt embarrassed about it," Roddick said. "It was like I can't help what's being written, but I don't feel like I'm there. At least now I'm contending for majors. I've won a major. I've finished No. 1, so at least there is some basis for comparison."

Good health in their early 20s was a key for the last generation of American players, and the hard-serving Roddick isn't taking any chances in his fourth season as a professional.

In what is viewed as a sign of his seriousness about fitness, Roddick hired Doug Spreen, a former ATP trainer, as his personal trainer. One of Spreen's goals is to strengthen Roddick's shoulder so it can withstand years of hammering 150-mile-an-hour serves.

"He's building himself for the long haul hiring Doug," said U.S. Davis Cup and Olympic team captain Patrick McEnroe. "That's a great addition by Andy. That's just Andy maturing, understanding he needs the right people around him, building a great team."

Roddick also removed a distraction last winter, when he broke off his relationship with singer-actress Mandy Moore.

That decision hardly diminished his fame: Fans at practice sessions number in the hundreds, and just two weeks ago Roddick hung out with NFL quarterbacks and model Brooke Burke at the Playboy Mansion during an awards ceremony shoot.

"He can't just walk through the crowd anymore," Gilbert says. "He has to have security. But not by his choice; these things just take a little adjusting to."

The hype and hope around Roddick is heavy, and for good reason. Men's tennis finished 19th in a 2003 ESPN poll that gauged Americans' interest in particular sports, down from 16th in 2001

The Women's Tennis Association, horse racing, boxing and the PGA Champions Tour were among the sports that fared better than the ATP in the most recent poll.

"You know as a tennis player the worst thing you can do is get caught up in this," Gilbert says. "The people that run the game have got to do a better job of that. That's their responsibility."

But Roddick can't help but opine about the state of tennis. He feels that a potential rivalry between himself and Federer could drum up more enthusiasm for the sport.

"I look forward to the chance of playing Roger as many times as possible," Roddick says. "When tennis has been at its most successful stages, it has had rivalries. That doesn't just pertain to tennis. That pertains to any sport you can think of. Rivalries create interest."

He and Gilbert concede, however, that Roddick will have to win a few more matches against Federer before it can be considered a rivalry. The Swiss champion is 7-1 all-time against Roddick, including a tough, four-set victory in this year's Wimbledon men's finals.

"I felt like I was a couple games away at Wimbledon," Roddick says. "I feel like I'm in contention for every slam that I enter. You have to put Roger as the favorite, but I think Roger and I have put up the most solid results in the past year or so."

For now, Gilbert said, Roddick shouldn't measure himself against other players.

"You know where he's at right now," Gilbert says of Roddick. "He's 21 and a guy 22 (Federer), one year older than him, is doing a lot of amazing things. That's why I say you judge yourself against yourself and get better. That's all he can do. It puts a lot of pressure on yourself if, 'I have to win here' or 'I have to win that.' Andy's got amazing talent, and hopefully with all those things together, good things will happen."

Fumus
08-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Well...I honestly don't think anyone in Andy's draw can bother him accept Haas, I hope Andy stays healthy, well rested, and sharp. If he can do those three and play his B or B- game, he should cruise to the final. Once there I hope Brad got my e-mail and we can see Andy finally right the wrongs of his tennis past beat the one man who has proven to be his biggest rival, no not Robby Ginepri, :p Roger Federer! haha, Andy needs to add alot more wrinkles in his game and play alot more aggresive, if he want to beat the Rogman! His game has to go from a new crisp polo shirt, to a slept in, stepped on, wadded up, t-shirt(wrinkly)...lol... :cool:

TinyT
08-02-2004, 05:31 PM
amen to that fumus :worship:

Jennay
08-02-2004, 05:35 PM
no not Robby Ginepri, :p
:bigcry:

MaitaBaby
08-02-2004, 07:59 PM
:yeah: Fumus!

Deboogle!.
08-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Andy's match is tomorrow (Tuesday) at 7:30... LIVE on ESPN2

Cmon Andy!

Jennay
08-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Deb.. :eek: it is going to be LIVE?!?! :banana: :banana:

Deboogle!.
08-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Jen.. :eek: well the match starts at 7:30 and the coverage starts at 7:30... so...

Nishy
08-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Is Cincy easten time?
Sorry I am not familiar with U.S state.

Deboogle!.
08-02-2004, 11:29 PM
yes it is :)

Nishy
08-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Thank you bunk.

superpinkone37
08-03-2004, 12:43 AM
thanks for the article, it had some real good information in it....and i agree with u fumus

MaitaBaby
08-03-2004, 06:16 AM
Good luck to Andy on his first round match! Can't wait to see it! :)

RoddickBabe10
08-03-2004, 07:21 AM
I get to see Andy's match LIIIVE! WoOhOo! haha sorry I'm a little excited...

superpinkone37
08-03-2004, 07:27 AM
hey im excited too!!!! i hate when its not live cuz then i have to check the live scoring cuz it bugs the heck outta me knowing that the match has already started....that is, unless my cousin steals my keyborad again lol. but yes, live is obviously so much better and im looking forward to it!!!!!11

Fumus
08-03-2004, 03:20 PM
haha, don't kidd yourself bunk they will like tape delay it by 5 minutes just to be asses like always...haha....remember CBS two weekends ago, with the 15 minute tape delay wtf..haha..

andyroxmysox12191
08-03-2004, 04:57 PM
yes we get it lllliiiiivvvveeeee we get it llllliiiiivvvvvveeeee :banana:

Fumus
08-03-2004, 06:56 PM
you changed your yyyyuuuuckkky avatar your yyyyuuuccckky avatar! Thanks!

andyroxmysox12191
08-03-2004, 07:05 PM
it wasn't yucky :ras: ;)

Fumus
08-03-2004, 07:06 PM
in poor taste! um, if you were a dude, you would be like that's kinda gross.

andyroxmysox12191
08-03-2004, 07:07 PM
fine, fine, fine it was in your point of view :devil:
but my doughboy is back so yay :banana: :hearts:

tangerine_dream
08-03-2004, 07:58 PM
*points* Jennay's new av!!! hahaha! :rolls: :haha: :bigcry: Awesome, Jen! :bowdown:

star
08-03-2004, 07:59 PM
I love the doughboy

TinyT
08-03-2004, 08:03 PM
holy hell do i believe my own eyes :eek: !!! did roger federer just lose???? :eek: :eek: can andy defend his title???!!!!!! WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA BUDDY!!! i am :speakles:speachless

Deboogle!.
08-03-2004, 08:08 PM
Andy needs to use this opportunity to motivate and focus himself and WIN tonight.

Jennay
08-03-2004, 08:11 PM
*points* Jennay's new av!!! hahaha! :rolls: :haha: :bigcry: Awesome, Jen! :bowdown:
Thanks Tangy :lol:

Fumus
08-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Yea Andy has a real shot here, he might not be number 1 overall but, he can be the US OPEN series leader.

Fumus
08-03-2004, 08:17 PM
like he can really extend his US open series lead..

Federer Fan
08-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Roger's lost today is really a win for Roddick. He has to be a bit happy. I know he probably wanted to get some payback for last Sunday but this makes the tournament basically his. Congrats to Hrbaty and Roddick.

tangerine_dream
08-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Roger lost. In the first round. Blah. :ras: He was obviously tired. Mardy's out too, with injury. No Andy/Roger re-match. No Andy/Mardy re-match Double blah. :ras: :ras: So was Roger one win away from besting or equaling Sampras' match streak? Bunk, do you know? :scratch:

I just hope Andy is well rested and that his back is well. I don't know if Roger's loss will give Andy a shot in the arm for tonight, I guess we'll see.

Fumus
08-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Well if Andy fires 48 aces in the match tonight(thats winning every game with aces at love) and he has no DF. Has 40 winners and 0 unforced errors, and even comes to net for fun...to win 6-0, 6-negative 3, then we know something is up....haha...

Nishy
08-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Why Roger was so exhausted?
He took a rest before TMS Toronto for 2 or 3 weeks and I can't find the reason.

Anyway, as Andy fan, I hope Andy is not tired and hope mentally physically healthy. Andy seems to get tough draw I should not expect but I am very glad he can defend this title.

Deboogle!.
08-03-2004, 08:41 PM
yes tangy, Roger was one win away. He had 23 wins and Pete had 24.

I hope it's a shot in the arm for Andy. He'll need it for Max :awww: As long as his back is ok, Andy should be ok. But who knows :(

J. Corwin
Roger lost. In the first round. Blah. :ras: He was obviously tired. Mardy's out too, with injury. No Andy/Roger re-match. No Andy/Mardy re-match Double blah. :ras: :ras: So was Roger one win away from besting or equaling Sampras' match streak? Bunk, do you know? :scratch:

I just hope Andy is well rested and that his back is well. I don't know if Roger's loss will give Andy a shot in the arm for tonight, I guess we'll see.

:hugs:

Well Roger was one win away from equalling one of Sampras' streak, but Pete had an even longer one (29 matches I think).

LCeh

Roger was one win away from matching Pete's second best streak in 99 at 24 straight wins. Pete's best streak came in 94 at 29 straight wins.

Now that Rogi is out, I can cheer for Andy winning the title. ;)

Fumus
08-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Bunk what did I tell you this morning, I said that one has upset written all over it and you were like bla bla no...bla...Skyler predictions rain supreme!

Deboogle!.
08-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Now that Rogi is out, I can cheer for Andy winning the title. ;)

YAY:)

Yes Ryan you were right. :worship: :bowdown:

Fumus
08-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Bunk does this mean you celebrate by baking me a cake and making Andy highlights for me!

Jennay
08-03-2004, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't push it Fumus ;)

Fumus
08-03-2004, 08:50 PM
haha ok Jennay....

Jennay
08-03-2004, 08:52 PM
You can call me Jen like everyone else :)

Iheartandy&roger
08-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Well I am officially pissed off that there won't be another Andy-Rogi match up :mad: :sad: but hey now the title is all Andy's to defend! :D Lets hope he can defend it and doesn't pull a Rogi and lose the 1st round!

MaitaBaby
08-04-2004, 02:37 AM
Well I am officially pissed off that there won't be another Andy-Rogi match up :mad: :sad: but hey now the title is all Andy's to defend! :D Lets hope he can defend it and doesn't pull a Rogi and lose the 1st round!

He almost did in that second set tie-break! :sad:
Now.. bring on the third set!!

Federer Fan
08-04-2004, 02:59 AM
Congrats to Andy!! That was a hard fought match, but what was up with Roddick and that court mic? Why did he keep knocking it over?

andyroxmysox12191
08-04-2004, 03:01 AM
wwwwooooo andy you idiot :banana:
at least you won and....yeah YAY. i liked the kicking the microphone ;)

MaitaBaby
08-04-2004, 03:06 AM
Congratulations to Andy! Well deserved! :)
Lauren's sunglasses.. can I have them please? :D
Andy kept kicking the mic cuz he was told not to :yeah: :lol:

tangerine_dream
08-04-2004, 03:10 AM
Andy was seriously pissing me off with his lackadasial 'who gives a fuck?' attitude on the court for the first two sets. He looked tired; he looked like he didn't care if he won or lost. And after Roger and Mardy crashed out in the first round that kind of crap attitude just didn't go over well with me. :(

But he finally woke up after that second set TB---yaay! :banana: Andy once again showed a lot of heart and I'm glad he still had/has the fight in him. But can he keep it up? Up next are some easier matches for him: Kiwi (again! poor guy!) and either Sjeng "he's not gonna win" Schalken or PDorn. Andy better wake up and come prepared to play next time. :armed:

And a reminder, my friends: with Andy playing and winning so many matches lately, the trolls are popping up faster than Starbucks. So please don't feed the trolls. *points to troll* :)

Federer Fan
08-04-2004, 03:11 AM
Andy kept kicking the mic cuz he was told not to :yeah: :lol:
LOL...LOL...I hope that's not true. He kept kicking the mic because he was told not to.

Federer Fan
08-04-2004, 03:12 AM
Tomorrow's match should be a lot easier for him but equally as frustrating. I get the feeling he doesnt care for Keifer, though I think with good reason. Good Luck Andy!!!

MaitaBaby
08-04-2004, 03:25 AM
LOL...LOL...I hope that's not true. He kept kicking the mic because he was told not to.

I'm afraid it is.. that's what he said when the cameraman asked him why he kept doing it..

star
08-04-2004, 03:31 AM
Andy was seriously pissing me off with his lackadasial 'who gives a fuck?' attitude on the court for the first two sets. He looked tired; he looked like he didn't care if he won or lost. And after Roger and Mardy crashed out in the first round that kind of crap attitude just didn't go over well with me. :(

But he finally woke up after that second set TB---yaay! :banana: Andy once again showed a lot of heart and I'm glad he still had/has the fight in him. But can he keep it up? Up next are some easier matches for him: Kiwi (again! poor guy!) and either Sjeng "he's not gonna win" Schalken or PDorn. Andy better wake up and come prepared to play next time. :armed:

And a reminder, my friends: with Andy playing and winning so many matches lately, the trolls are popping up faster than Starbucks. So please don't feed the trolls. *points to troll* :)

I ardently diagree with this. This is what Bunk was saying during the match. I didn't see it. I saw Andy getting down on himself and being frustrated, but he was working hard to stay in the match mentally. One of the reasons Andy revived in the tiebreak is because Max's level went down. Max was playing very very well, and Andy's hope was that he would be mentally alert for those times that Max let down. That's what he did and that's why he won the match.

Someone asked Borg how he managed to win when his opponent was beating him. Borg replied that the only thing to do was to hang in there and hope that the opponent didn't keep up that level of play.

MaitaBaby
08-04-2004, 03:38 AM
ITA with you star! Andy was just waiting for opportunities to come where he would be able to capitalize on Max's mistakes and probably bring points in for him. He was obviously disappointed when he wasn't able to do so in the 2nd set when he had an opportunity to break Max on 5-4. I don't think either that he didn't care if he won or lost, he wanted to win and it's absolutely great that he did! :) Once again, well deserved! He kept fighting even though he was on the verge of losing.

Rick V
08-04-2004, 03:53 AM
I agree with star - Andy fought hard the entire match. But you have to give Max a lot of credit for playing so well right up until he served at 5-4 in the 2nd set TB. Andy took advantage and it was all downhill for The Beast from that point on. I loved how Andy served and volleyed on that set point at 6-5 in the 2nd set TB. Smart move. Good volley too.
I wish Andy would start getting more consistently agressive on the 2nd serve returns. Sometimes he gets lulled into just getting the ball into play and I think t effects the rest of his game as well.

Nishy
08-04-2004, 04:03 AM
Nice win for Andy! After beaten TB of 1 set, he looke very tired but he didn't give up that is what I like him. But I also give credit to Max.

Why did Andy keep kicing mic several time?

superpinkone37
08-04-2004, 04:12 AM
i had to leave right as the match was starting uhgggg!!!!!!!!!1 but i was calling my sister every ten minutes or so to get the score....lol.....and then we decided to pick up dinner at some place with a tv and were able to see the end of the second set including that tiebreak....i watched the end of the match live at home and now im gonna watch the first part--- i taped it of course :) anyways i agree with the letting down at the beginning like he wasnt under much pressure as fed and others have alreay gone out, but i didnt see that part of the match yet so i am not really sure. but watching the 2nd TB andy really was trying to stay in there and he somehow pulled it off ....... i am so glad he stuck it out cuz i, and all u guys i am sure, would have been really disappointed if he had lost especially first round as defending champ...anyways i am gonna go watch my tape now lol i wanna see andy kicking the mic :)

J. Corwin
08-04-2004, 04:13 AM
He kicked it cuz he was frustrated. He then kicked cuz he had fun doing it? lol
A ball boy was giving him dirty looks lol.

Great heart by Andy.

Deboogle!.
08-04-2004, 04:13 AM
I just hope he can physically recover (b/c mentally I think it'll give him a big boost) for the match tomorrow. I hope he's not doing himself too much physical damage for the Olympics and USO, both of which mean a lot more to him than Cincy.

but obviously.... I am very very proud of him :)

RoddickBabe10
08-04-2004, 04:14 AM
WoOhOo Andy! Great match! :banana: Although, I admit, I seriously thought he was gonna lose. That match almost made me pee in my pants :lol: seriously. To me, it was THAT close. I give a lot of credit to Max for putting up such a great fight and even more credit to Andy, of course, for not losing hope. There really is something that separates him from other big servers and that is why he is world #2! So glad you won, Andy! Although, I hated the part where they keep showimg Lauren, God, she doesn't even look like she knows anything about the sport :rolleyes:

I also loved the mic-kicking :lol: That was so funny. I hate that chair umpire :fiery: Andy is always so funny and I love it when he gets frustrated and talks to himself, it's so cute hehe

Tomorrow's match should be interesting. I think Kiefer will ALWAYS be Andy's bitch. Although, with the amount of tennis Andy has been playing, I don't know about tomorrow. I hope you win, Andy!

MaitaBaby
08-04-2004, 04:17 AM
Great heart indeed :)

tangerine_dream
08-04-2004, 04:25 AM
I ardently diagree with this. This is what Bunk was saying during the match. I didn't see it. I saw Andy getting down on himself and being frustrated, but he was working hard to stay in the match mentally.

It seemed to me that Andy was working hard just trying to stay awake during this match. He looked out of it (to me). His body language, him twirling his racket around, the shaking of the head, kicking the mic...it was all negative energy. Worst of all, he was uncharacteristically passive; just sitting back and waiting for Max to screw up which wasn't going to happen because Max was taking everything right to him and was dictating play right from the start. Frankly, I'm amazed Andy even managed to get to a TB with the way Max was playing. I was getting completely frustrated watching him those first two sets because to me, it just looked like he was tired and didn't care and he sat on the back of his heels the whole time. Only when he won the second TB did he finally wake up and realize "Hey! I can win this!" and then he started playing like he normally does: with gusto and passion.

Max was playing very very well, and Andy's hope was that he would be mentally alert for those times that Max let down. That's what he did and that's why he won the match.

Waiting for the other player to screw up is, IMO, very poor strategy. You're waiting for something that may never come. You have to make things happen for yourself. Andy is a far superior player when he's aggressive and when he's passive like he was tonight, he manages to get by on his natural talent and abilities but it draws the match out longer than it need be.

Someone asked Borg how he managed to win when his opponent was beating him. Borg replied that the only thing to do was to hang in there and hope that the opponent didn't keep up that level of play.

One good mistake from Andy would've been enough to invigorate Max because he was already amped. I felt like Andy was barely hanging on by skin of his teeth.

star
08-04-2004, 05:36 AM
What you said there was quite a bit different from what you said before.

Of course, Andy is better when he is agressive, but Max wasn't giving him much chance ot be agressive. When Max's game let down just a bit, Andy did step up and become agressive.

Of course, some of Andy's agressiveness in the first two sets didn't work for him because he made errors when he was agressive. I'm sure that added to his discontent.

Iheartandy&roger
08-04-2004, 06:20 AM
OMG everybody give me details my gay sports channels wouldnt cover this game instead we had GAY womens tennis from Montreal ahh! and I love watching Andy ! grrr.......

Iheartandy&roger
08-04-2004, 06:22 AM
Does anybody have any footage of him kicking the mic that they could post on here i must see lol ohh andy!

TinyT
08-04-2004, 03:16 PM
WoOhOo Andy! Great match! :banana: Although, I admit, I seriously thought he was gonna lose. That match almost made me pee in my pants :lol: seriously. To me, it was THAT close. I give a lot of credit to Max for putting up such a great fight and even more credit to Andy, of course, for not losing hope. There really is something that separates him from other big servers and that is why he is world #2! So glad you won, Andy! Although, I hated the part where they keep showimg Lauren, God, she doesn't even look like she knows anything about the sport :rolleyes:

I also loved the mic-kicking :lol: That was so funny. I hate that chair umpire :fiery: Andy is always so funny and I love it when he gets frustrated and talks to himself, it's so cute hehe

Tomorrow's match should be interesting. I think Kiefer will ALWAYS be Andy's bitch. Although, with the amount of tennis Andy has been playing, I don't know about tomorrow. I hope you win, Andy!

i totally agree with you RoddickBabe. between shots of lauren :mad: and andy kicking over the mike and hitting himself with his racket, when the match ended i thot i had just livd thru WWIII

Fumus
08-04-2004, 03:17 PM
haha Andy the micphone killer. One time he like, backed up and tried to do it like all secretly he did a no-look kick with his foot and then he snickered to himself. That had me cracking up all night.

What did I tell you Bunk no problem! ;) :devil:

Deboogle!.
08-04-2004, 03:19 PM
LOL Yes, he definitely laughed about it the last couple times he kicked the mic. It became a joke. WHY he was doing it I'm not sure, but it was pretty funny :lol:

Fumus
08-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Well, I think he was just trying to be funny. The first time he knocked it over he wasn't even mad. He just walked over and knocked it with his racquet, all non-chalently. I remember in that Roger(toronto 2003) he friggin smacked a mic into the gound he was soo frustrated. I seriously was laughing about that all night!

Jennay
08-04-2004, 03:34 PM
i thot i had just livd thru WWIII
No no the GM Forum definitely takes the cake for WWIII :lol:

tangerine_dream
08-04-2004, 03:52 PM
haha Andy the micphone killer. One time he like, backed up and tried to do it like all secretly he did a no-look kick with his foot and then he snickered to himself. That had me cracking up all night.

Andy the Mic Murderer! :lol: And I distinctly recall him telling the mic to suck his f---ing dick. Oh, maybe he said suck my f---ing mic? :scratch: Or, F--k, my mic sucks. :shrug: I can't remember exactly. In fact, I may have done what the GM trolls did and just made it up completely. Dammit, I need a *new reason* to hate Andy!

Wait! I think I found one:

"You missed a spot." --Andy to Max as Max toweled off his head for the millionth time

:haha: :rolls: :bigcry:

Fumus
08-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Yes, Andy was on fire last night, he was just so silly. My personal favorite funny moment is when, Andy had a let on a serve and the ball went out. The chair Lars Graff shook his head "no" but said nothing. Andy started making a stupid face and shaking his head..."What does this mean?", Andy shakes his head makes the silly face. Andy continues to ask the chair, Lar Graff, "What does this mean?"(makes the facial gesture), "because I don't know what this means". Andy wins the point and walks back to line, he looks at the chair and then he imatates the funny face...:haha:

Deboogle!.
08-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Wait a sec, he really said "You missed a spot" to Max?!?!!? I just watched the match to make videos and didn't see that - when was that?! :haha:

Fumus
08-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Yea he did say that! I don't know, I think it was at 40-30 on Roddick serve in the at some point later in the second set. I am sorry that wasn't even half as funny as the funny face incident.

andyroxmysox12191
08-04-2004, 05:10 PM
i love it when he hit the mics :haha: i always find it funny when he does that :yeah:

tangerine_dream
08-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Tennis-X's usual snarkiness comes to the rescue:

"We're going to ask the question that's on the lips of anyone who watched the Andy Roddick-Max "The Beast" Mirnyi match on ESPN2 last night: Hey Beast, could you have FEWER instincts at the net? Could you come in to the net and look like someone set up a camera tripod in the middle of the court? Could you stand flat-footed in the middle of the court time and time again, never even guessing on the pass? Could you fail to close out fewer matches in your career, this time being a set up and 4-1 in the second set tiebreak, then serving 5-4 in the tiebreak? We know that you're coached by your dad and pseudo-coach and former player Alex "Let's Go Get a Beer" Reichel, but gosh DAMMIT that's frustrating to watch. With your game, the fact you've never been Top 15 is a joke -- please, give us a call, we've got some coaches on staff. Roddick was trying to HAND YOU THAT MATCH, he was ready to cash it in for a Fed-like pre-Olympic break, you actually kept him in the tournament..."

----

Actually, the question on everybody's lips last night is: Why was Andy kicking the microphones??? LOL. And Tennis-X also accused Roger of deliberately tanking his match against Hrbaty so that he could rest up for the Olympics. I don't dare post it in the Fed forum. The Fed trolls like Dirk and Fedex would flip out and have a hissy fit again. (I don't agree with Tennis-X, btw).

Deboogle!.
08-04-2004, 05:33 PM
WESTERN AND SOUTHERN FINANCIAL GROUP MASTERS
CINCINNATI, OHIO

August 3, 2004

A. RODDICK/M. Mirnyi
6-7, 7-6, 6-3

ANDY RODDICK

THE MODERATOR: Let's open it up for questions, please.

Q. Andy, is it tough when you play a ton of matches in a row and you come to a new city getting geared up again in the first round, that combined with a tough match with Max?

ANDY RODDICK: Not so much the, you know, getting geared up part. You know, a tennis court's a tennis court no matter what city it's in. The conditions are a lot different here than they were in Toronto. They're a lot faster. The ball's flying through. I was getting a little perturbed with that I felt like on my returns. I felt like I was hitting some clean and they were just going on me. So I made the adjustment late in the second set to kind of just try to poke them in a little bit more and not really go for too much on them.

Q. Did mental tiredness come in as well as the physical constraints of playing a lot?

ANDY RODDICK: Well, yeah, I mean, that's part of it, you know, every day to come out and do it. But that's part of what we do. That's our job. That's what we're supposed to do.

Q. Down in that second set, did Federer's upset earlier today creep into your mind at all?

ANDY RODDICK: I mean, you think about it. But I really wasn't -- it comes through your mind and goes through the other side. My match has nothing to do with Roger's match. I'm not out there playing to avoid the upset, you know. I'm out there trying to win a match.

Q. At what stage in the match did you sense a turning point?

ANDY RODDICK: I felt like I was starting to get into him a little bit at - what is it - 4-5 on his serve, I think I had a couple set points on his serve. Then the next game I thought I played okay on his serve as well. The breaker, I think he definitely could have closed me out there. I played a really sloppy forehand at 4-All and at that point I felt like I maybe deserved to lose. But, you know, I just hung around and hit a couple really good returns there, and the match turned for me.

Q. Could you talk about that point when he served at 5-4 with the backhand crosscourt shot.

ANDY RODDICK: The return?

Q. Yeah.

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah. I don't know. I mean, he took something off his serve. I'm not sure if that's because he had doubled earlier or if he was nervous or what. But it was the first time I was actually able to get a good look at it and actually turn on the ball and pull it crosscourt. I actually had a decent look at it.

Q. Did that feel like a turning point?

ANDY RODDICK: Well, it's obviously a big point. Otherwise, I'm facing two. You know, I don't think it takes one point to turn a match. I think it takes a couple. But, you know, that definitely kept me alive, I feel like.

Q. You showed a lot of frustration out there, your body language. Is that more to do with what he was doing to you or the way you thought you were playing?

ANDY RODDICK: I didn't feel like I was playing. You know, he was playing, he was doing such a good job of getting first serves in that I really didn't feel like I was doing much out there. He was definitely taking it to me and that's a credit to him. You know, it's -- you know, the first-set breaker he played great. Got in a run rally and he just killed a forehand and I couldn't get it back. Then I don't think I got a look at a second serve. So it's a little frustrating when you feel like you're hitting the ball well but you just can't get your feet into a match. He let me in a little bit in that second-set breaker.

Q. Why is it important to you to play in the Olympics?

ANDY RODDICK: I mean, that's a pretty simple question. I mean...

Q. Not really. Sampras, for example, didn't play in 2000.

ANDY RODDICK: Sorry. It's a simple question for me.

Q. Okay.

ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's the biggest sporting event in the world. You know, I relish the opportunity to play. Sampras did play once, so he did get to feel the whole Olympic experience.

Q. Do you know any Olympians, anybody else?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't. I don't. Well, the tennis guys. But besides that, no, not really.

Q. Is there one Olympic memory perhaps you watched on tele as a kid that stands out for you?

ANDY RODDICK: I mean, there are a couple. Obviously, you know, when Kerry Strug did her thing on one ankle. I mean, that was huge. I mean, that was pretty cool. You know, Michael Johnson and his golden shoes. I just think it's impressive for the people that are going in as the favorites and have been waiting for it for four years and now all of a sudden they're able to step up and produce world-class stuff with that amount of pressure. That's pretty cool.

Q. Beyond the obvious of winning over there, what do you expect to get out of the experience?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I just want to see -- I don't know yet. That's the thing that kind of excites me. I watch the Opening Ceremony on TV and I get goosebumps. When I'm actually there, I can only imagine what the experience will feel like.

Q. Earlier today Tim Henman said in Sydney he got so absorbed in the other sports he didn't think he put his best self forward in the tennis. Does that worry you a bit, that you might be so taken by everything that's going on?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. It's tough to worry about that. I mean, like I said, I don't know how I'll react over there. I don't know what it feels like to play in the Olympics. So your guess is as good as mine. But, you know, I'm going over there trying to win a medal, so that will be my first priority.

Q. Where does it rank in terms of major tennis events for you? Is it the top?

ANDY RODDICK: It's up there with the Slams for me, for sure. I mean, especially because it's so prestigious. You know, it's every four years which makes it that much more crucial. You don't get a chance to say, "Okay, there's next year." You know, it puts some added pressure on it, but I think that also adds to it.

Q. A very tight fit in your schedule, I'm guessing?

ANDY RODDICK: It is, but, you know, it's the Olympics.

Q. Is this the kind of match maybe a couple years ago it would be hard when you're frustrated to kind of grind it out and pull through? Do you sense you're a different player now and that's what makes the difference?

ANDY RODDICK: Well, I don't know. It was hard tonight (smiling). Couple years ago, it would have been hard as well. I don't know. I try not to think it to death, to be honest. I hear that a lot when I win a close match. But I just think there's a deeper confidence there now where I don't really panic as much when I am down. I think that's a big difference for me.

Q. Do you ever get in a match like this and say, "I'm going to lose this match," while it's going on? Was there a point in the second set where you said...

ANDY RODDICK: I mean, there's always the thought. There's always the possibility. I'm not going to sit here and say, "No, I never think I'm going to lose." He had the momentum going with him. I'm always confident that if I get a chance, you know, maybe I can create an opportunity, maybe I can take it. I'm not focusing on worrying about, you know, winning or losing when it's 3-All in the second set, you know. Matchpoint down, on the other hand, there's the time to start really thinking about it (smiling). But I don't think you can analyze the match that much when you're kind of in it, you know, as far as the end result goes.

Q. A fairly lively atmosphere tonight. Did that help?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, it was great. They really got up for it and they really kind of -- they didn't really know what to make of it early on, I don't think, because there wasn't a whole lot of tennis being played. But once it got pretty exciting in the second set and through the third set, I mean, the momentum carried. They were great.

Q. He was up 30-40 on you in the third set I guess in the eighth game. You saved that breakpoint. Could you see the life go out of him at that point?

ANDY RODDICK: You know, as a player you're always thinking, "Okay, it's deuce, he's one good shot away from being a break down, you know, down breakpoint again." I don't know. I mean, I would have been very upset if I would have gotten broken there. I think I was up 30-Love in that game. To get down 30-40, you know, I wasn't so much worried about him, I was kind of worried about what I was trying to do to get out of that game.

Fumus
08-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Q. Andy wtf was up with kicking the mics around like it was nobodys business?

A. Well, you know, yea, sometimes, I mean, it's just, you know, you know......you know?

Q. I know Andy, I know! :)

melissa7
08-04-2004, 05:55 PM
:haha:
I wish I could have watched that match... stupid Roger's Cup coverage... grr

TinyT
08-04-2004, 06:36 PM
i love it when he said, "when kerri strug did her thing on one ankle". myself being a gymnast, much props for andy for being well-rounded in sports facts! although, that "thing" was a vault;)

TinyT
08-04-2004, 06:39 PM
btw, i kno i shuda said this earlier, but thanks for the article! :D

Mr. Man
08-04-2004, 06:46 PM
So, he's playing Kiefer again? Lord. :lol:

Fumus
08-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Mr.Man where have been, lol

superpinkone37
08-04-2004, 07:48 PM
dude what is up with this rain???!!!! i dont think there has been a tourney that didnt have rain since before wimbly....anyways does anyone know if it has stopped raining? they didnt start play at all today did they? i get so confused with figuring out the time difference and everything especially with the new start times and everything.....

melissa7
08-04-2004, 07:51 PM
As of 20 mins ago, the last update, it iwas still in rain delay

Jennay
08-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Mistah Man! Howdy sir :hatoff:

RodFan08
08-04-2004, 07:52 PM
dude what is up with this rain???!!!! i dont think there has been a tourney that didnt have rain since before wimbly....anyways does anyone know if it has stopped raining? they didnt start play at all today did they? i get so confused with figuring out the time difference and everything especially with the new start times and everything.....

Me too. Right now, I'm watching the Federor upset match. I thought it stopped raining, but their not playing yet. I think there still drying off the court I think. There will be updates thought the Federor re-run so stay tuned. If they do start playing I'll tell u :wavey:

RodFan08
08-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Moya's on. Yes, some tennis. Hope they can show Andy's match. Does anyone who has ESPN think they will? there's too matches before him.

Fumus
08-04-2004, 08:11 PM
They didn't play the Andy vs. Mardy match from last year? WTF?!?

RodFan08
08-04-2004, 08:35 PM
They didn't play the Andy vs. Mardy match from last year? WTF?!?

U expected them to?

Mr. Man
08-04-2004, 08:38 PM
I've been around. Damn rain!!

andyroxmysox12191
08-04-2004, 08:49 PM
aaawwwww :hug:

Fumus
08-04-2004, 08:55 PM
U expected them to?

Yea why not!? They always show good matches durning rain delays..

superpinkone37
08-04-2004, 11:50 PM
well the match has finally begun, well actually theyre like ten minutes in...i think this match will be tougher than the last two against keifer but still andy will definately come out a winner. too bad there not showing it live on tv.

Jennay
08-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Andy just broke Kiefer in the first set, Nicolas must be :fiery: That bitchy boy :haha:

superpinkone37
08-05-2004, 12:07 AM
yep just saw that on live scoring lol, i wonder if they will show this match on espn??? theyre will probably show andre, i should think, they were probably planning on showing andy in the sfternoon coverage but the rain skrewed that one up

PinkFeatherBoa
08-05-2004, 12:15 AM
we don't get Andy here in the UK either, thanks to the rain. Though we might have him on tomorrow's highlights, hopefully.:) The rain screwed up the vast majority of our coverage since all our coverage is of the daytime session.

But hey I'm not complaining as long as Andy keeps winning.:)

superpinkone37
08-05-2004, 12:17 AM
yeah i would rather he win and not be able to see the match than the other way around, and im sure all of us feel the same

RonE
08-05-2004, 12:25 AM
First set to Andy 6-4. 0-1 on serve in the 2nd, Roddick serving,

superpinkone37
08-05-2004, 12:41 AM
and espn is showing andy's match from the beginning, which i hate because i have already been following the live scoring for the first set and a half. *sigh* oh well i cant complain too much because i am after all watching andy and i cant be too upset over that

Deboogle!.
08-05-2004, 01:07 AM
6-4 6-4 :yeah:

that point at 3-3 30-15 was um..... HOLY SHITAKE! :eek: and his reaction made it even better.

Next up... another bitch either in the form of a Thai or a Dutchman! bring it on!

Nishy
08-05-2004, 01:11 AM
6-4 6-4 :yeah:

that point at 3-3 30-15 was um..... HOLY SHITAKE! :eek: and his reaction made it even better.

You mean he hit unreal shot at then?
I love it and the crowd was really excited.

Jennay
08-05-2004, 02:28 AM
Next up... another bitch either in the form of a Thai or a Dutchman! bring it on!
Ahaha. :banana:

Deboogle!.
08-05-2004, 02:54 AM
Roddick, Moya, Hewitt win second-round matches
TERRY KINNEY, Associated Press Writer
Wednesday, August 4, 2004

Andy Roddick didn't know if it was the best shot he ever hit, or the luckiest. Either way, it set the stage for his second-round victory Wednesday over Nicolas Kiefer at the Tennis Masters Cincinnati tournament.

Roddick beat Kiefer for the third time in three weeks, this time 6-4, 6-4. His offbeat but brilliant passing shot evened the score at 30 in game seven, and he won the next two points for the service break he needed to take the opening set.

When Roddick went to the net after an extended exchange of baseline shots, Kiefer lifted a lob over his head. Roddick sprinted back to the baseline, whirled and got his racket on the ball just before it hit the court.

When his shot down the line skipped out of the reach of Kiefer's forehand, Roddick raised both hands, palms up, to the crowd in a gesture that could only mean, "How did I do that?"

Roddick said he could only laugh at his good fortune when he saw the replay.

"I was going to go between my legs, but I couldn't get there in time. So I just flailed at it," Roddick said. "I didn't really see it, but I saw people clapping.

"It was probably the best shot I ever hit, or the luckiest. It felt pretty cool, but I didn't realize it was that drastic."

Iheartandy&roger
08-05-2004, 03:52 AM
Yes! Andy got through! :worship: Didn't get to see any of it again cuz Canada thinks that covering the womens' tennis is waaay more important just cuz it's in Montreal big deal! Mens tennis is way better! :mad:

andyroxmysox12191
08-05-2004, 05:26 AM
wweeeeee the post match interview. take that deb :devil: thank you carole :kiss:

Andy Roddick
Q. If I asked you to describe "the" shot, you'd probably know which one I was talking about, wouldn't you?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I would.

Q. How did you do that?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I saw the replay. I was gonna go between the legs, but then I couldn't get there on time. And so I just kind of flailed at it and I figured if I was gonna flail at it, I might as well hit it hard.

I didn't really see it. I mean, I looked up and it was past him. People were clapping, so I figured it went in.

Q. What's the moral there, just never give up on a point?

ANDY RODDICK: (Laughing) I don't ‑‑ be lucky. I don't know.

Q. Is that the kind of thing you practice just for fun?

ANDY RODDICK: Not really. You know, I don't ‑‑ those are the kind of shots you get chewed out for trying to practice, you know, when you are practicing (smiling).

Q. How do you feel for somebody who's been playing for two, two and a half weeks already full‑time, physically, mentally?

ANDY RODDICK: I feel okay. I mean, it's a little tough. You come here with the rain, you know...

But, you know, I'm just gonna try to keep going.

Q. Is he starting to look like a familiar face?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah. Yeah, we've seen a lot of each other the past couple weeks. It's, you know, it works out like that sometimes, though. It's funny, I haven't played the guy ‑‑ I played him once in my whole career and then three times in ten days or so.

Q. Where did you play him before?

ANDY RODDICK: Played him here second round two years ago.

Q. Does there come a point when you beat him so much that the confidence you bring in just is going to overshadow anything you can do? Do you feel like that?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't think so. I think, you know, for the most part he played better than I did today. But, you know, I think he was like 0‑7 on breakpoints and I was 2‑2. That's the match right there, in that stat.

Q. Is that something that can only come with confidence and winning the kind of matches that you've won?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, and I think it's fortunate as well. I think I actually had to play one point, you know, from the baseline and I played it pretty well. I went for a winner and he didn't convert it. And he didn't play that well on his ‑‑ on the breakpoints I had on him. He made a couple errors, couple easy errors.

Q. Let me ask you again about watching the replay. What did you say to yourself or what flashed through your mind when you saw that shot?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I mean, I was like "Wow." I just kind of started laughing, you know, because you don't really expect to hit that shot. That's probably the best shot I've ever hit ‑ or, I mean, the luckiest shot I've ever hit.

Q. Where did you see the replay? Afterwards, you mean?

ANDY RODDICK: I walked in and it was on the ‑‑ it was on the...

Q. Broadcast?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah. I didn't realize ‑‑ I mean, it looked ‑‑ it was pretty sweet. I guess I let it drop and I almost, you know, I almost hit it from the ground. So it was, you know, it didn't seem like it was that much when I hit it. It felt pretty cool, but I didn't realize it was that drastic.

Q. When you see a guy get frustrated like that like he was, hitting the net, yelling at himself, what does that do for you?

ANDY RODDICK: It makes me really want to stay in it, you know. I was feeling a little bit sluggish today. But when I saw he was kind of a little bit edgy, it kind of makes you want to fight a little bit more and really bear down.

Q. Is this one any different kind of a match from the last couple? Do you feel different?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, Indy , I just ‑‑ I was pretty much in control from start to finish. Toronto , kind of more the same. Today was a little bit more of a ‑‑ at 6‑4, you know, 4‑3 up a break, I felt pretty fortunate to be in the position that I was in.

Q. You haven't lost your serve to him and you saved a bunch of breakpoints. Do you feel like you're doing that a lot lately, hitting the shots that you need against breakpoints?

ANDY RODDICK: It seems that way, you know, especially against him. But I guess it's happening more and more. I'm hitting good serves on breakpoints right now ‑ or I have been recently.

Q. Away from yourself, can I ask you a little bit about Marat Safin , who you've played some. He has such great talent but a lot of times he seems to squander it from up here.

ANDY RODDICK: I can't really speak on his behalf. I guess he's the only one who would know the answer to that.

Q. Does that surprise you, though, that he doesn't always, with his talent, come through?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't know if anything Marat does surprises us anymore ‑ or me anymore. But that's part of his intrigue, you know. That's part of what makes you want to watch him.

Q. Do you think the sport needs him as another sort of one for the cast of characters?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I mean, he's a personality, that's for sure. And I think, you know, he expresses it a little bit more than some of the guys.

But, you know, I think we have a lot of personalties right now, you know. He's one of them.

Q. Your shot, obviously, you won the next two points. That was the break. Did you feel that change the momentum, or do you think you got away with one?

ANDY RODDICK: I thought about it. I was like, "Okay, well, I just hit that shot. Now it's 30‑All. So I'm in this game."

I hadn't had a look at a serve pretty much. I hadn't been in any service games. So it definitely crossed my mind. I was like, "Okay, it would be a little ironic if I actually saw this through a break."

Q. Since you and Roger have met in the finals a couple times in the last month or so, if you get a rivalry going, how much does that help the public in America ?

ANDY RODDICK: Well, I mean, in any sport if you have a good rivalry going on, it promotes interest, you know, whether it's basketball...

If the Yankees and Red Sox are playing, it's going to be a lot more people watching than the Yankees and pick any other team. The same with when Pete and Andre played or when, you know, any sport, you know. Great rivalries are what kind of sparks interest.

So if we can develop that, that would be great. If it's myself or Roger , if it's, you know, other people, you know, it definitely would be good for the game.

Q. Do you think there's a sense like yesterday when he loses early that everyone else kind of perks up when the draw opens up?

ANDY RODDICK: I think that goes with, you know, with seeds in general, you know. The more a draw opens up, probably the little bit more fired up the other guys in that section get. You know, especially with Roger playing the way that he has, you know, maybe in his immediate draw. I don't think people look ahead too far. But, you know, possibly it's just an opportunity for someone else to come through there.

Q. Do you think you're more fired up because of defending the title?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't think so. I, you know, I'm not one to look at what points I might be losing or what, you know ‑‑ this tournament has nothing to do with the tournament last year. The tournament last year's already been played, so I try to look forward as much as I can and not back.

Q. How about that US Open Series , is that any kind of motivational thing for you, or just an added benefit?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I mean, it's more like an added benefit. I think it's a great concept. I think, you know, I think it's a great promotional tool, you know. I think it's promoted a lot more interest. They said the TV ratings have been up, and I'm assuming that's from being a package deal and being associated with the US Open .

But from a player's perspective, I'm here playing Cincinnati , you know, and that's pretty much what runs through my mind. It's a cool little fun fact to look at and stuff, but beyond that...

FastScripts by ASAP Sports...

andyroxmysox12191
08-05-2004, 05:30 AM
i posted before ddeeeeebbb i posted before dddeeeeebbbbbb!!!!!:banana: sorry lol. but she went to sleep or is about to so she would've had this up andyways and i'm just happy i got one over her :devil: go carole!!!!! :woohoo:

snaillyyy
08-05-2004, 05:35 AM
:haha: :haha: your having so much fun with this Mani :hug: :hug:

J. Corwin
08-05-2004, 05:44 AM
lmao mani....good job! ;):)

superpinkone37
08-05-2004, 06:23 AM
nice!!! i tried to do that once...i checked and the interview wasnt on the board yet, then i copied and pasted and pressed reply and then there it was laready posted a second before me. lol, good job

RoddickBabe10
08-05-2004, 08:13 AM
I didn't get to see the damn match :eek: I recorded it, but my stupid idiotic brother freakin didn't push the record button :fiery: It would've been so much fun seeing our boy kick Kiefer's ass... yet again! :yippee: :haha: No, I'm jk I'm over exaggerating (*crosses fingers* no bad karmas pleeease lol) Okay, I'm hyper I just drank a large rootbeer :haha: Okay sorry, anyways, What did I miss from the match? His reactions? Kiefer hitting the net...? Details pleeease... thanks!

RoddickBabe10
08-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Oh and who does he play next? lol

MaitaBaby
08-05-2004, 08:59 AM
Congratz to Andy for beating Kiefer (again)! :yeah:
Looking forward to his match against Paradorn tomorrow! :D

RonE
08-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Screw you, ESPN for only showing these TMS from the quarters on :fiery:
I would have given anything to see that shot.....

Deboogle!.
08-05-2004, 02:59 PM
RonE, I made video highlights, they'll be up on roddickonline.com sometime today :)

and congrats Mani :worship: :p You beat a sleeping person :p
=======

Roddick's got Kiefer's number

05 August, 2004 by Debra

Nicolas Kiefer should be on the run now.

By Neil Schmidt
Cincinnati Enquirer staff writer

MASON - Nicolas Kiefer should be on the run now.

Everywhere he goes, Andy Roddick is there. Indianapolis. Toronto. Cincinnati.

Three matches, three losses, in the span of 11 days. Wednesday's count was 6-4, 6-4 in the Western & Southern Financial Group Masters second round.

Never mind Kiefer is 13-1 against the rest of the world over the past month. Roddick is stalking him. Kiefer probably should look over his shoulder when he next unpacks his rackets.

And yet ...

"I want to play him again," Kiefer said. "I know (if) I get my chances, I can beat him. ... Maybe I get my chance at the Olympics or the (U.S.) Open."

The 27-year-old German officially qualifies as a glutton for punishment. Bless him for not being gun-shy, but he's 0-4 in his career against Roddick and hasn't yet taken a set off him.

"It's funny; I played him once in my whole career, and then three times in 10 days or so," Roddick said.

Roddick, the tournament's second seed, knows what Kiefer's feeling. In his last 25 matches, Roddick is 23-0 against everyone not named Roger Federer.

Wednesday, Roddick needed a little variety to spice up the affair. He let Kiefer have five break points - Kiefer totaled only three over their two recent matches - but then yanked away the bait. He has held all 30 of his service games over these three meetings.

Meanwhile, Roddick went 2-for-2 on break points.

"For the most part, he played better than I did today," Roddick said. "But that's the match right there, in that (break points) stat."

Roddick was sloppy, committing 21 unforced errors to go with 24 winners. He had trouble getting points on Kiefer's serve.

The match turned on the best point of the tournament.

At 3-3 in the first set and serving at 30-15, Kiefer lured Roddick to the net and then sent a perfect lob to the baseline. In full sprint, Roddick caught up with it and - still facing the stands - flicked a forehand blindly back the other way.

Incredibly, it whistled up the line past an incredulous Kiefer for a winner. Roddick held out his hands to show he had no idea how he made the shot.

"I just started laughing, because you don't expect to hit that shot," Roddick said. "That's probably the best shot I've ever hit."

Kiefer dismissed the magic, saying, "I can also do it if I close my eyes and hit. If he can do it 10 out of 10 (times), I take my hat off to him. I don't think he would do it."

Yet it seemed a critical play, as Roddick won the next two points for the only break of the set.

Roddick has won all 26 service games in his two matches here this week. His most dramatic service game came when he dug a love-40 hole early in the first set Wednesday and then won the next five points.

Even opponents have talked of his ability to produce big serves to bail himself out.

"I guess it's happening more and more," Roddick said. "I'm hitting good serves on break points right now."

Fumus
08-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Andy is playing really well...keep it up!

tangerine_dream
08-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Kiwi is Andy to Andy's Roger. :lol: Will he ever figure out the Roddick Riddle? :confused:

I'm feeling better about Andy's playing after that initial Beastie scare, but he is obviously fatigued. I think Andy will have a tough time getting past his Master, Tommy Haas. :eek: Tommy's been on fire this year. :worship:

Good luck to Andy tonight! :banana:

Fumus
08-05-2004, 03:49 PM
Andy will beat Hasi down...Hasi will be like "thank you sir may I have another"..."wahh, wahh" :worship:...lol..Andy will get up for that cuz he want's to get that dirty german Hass monkey off his back. Alright so maybe Hasi is a threat but Andy playing like B game can beat Hass, I am almost sure.

RonE
08-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Thanks, Bunk you're a gem ;)

As for Haas, let's cross the bridge when we get there guys. Andy still has to play Paradorn, and who knows? Maybe Soderling will take Haas out? One match at a time...

andyroxmysox12191
08-05-2004, 05:13 PM
hahahahahaha i beat a sleeping person :banana:
kiefer really doesnt like andy huh.....interesting lol

Fumus
08-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Slaves have been known to hate their owners...lol

Deboogle!.
08-05-2004, 07:40 PM
OK all the videos are up - RonE, "The Shot" is in the highlights from the 2nd round. It's a few seconds in the video...

www.roddickonline.com :)

superpinkone37
08-05-2004, 07:40 PM
lol, but if you got beat by someone three times in ten days and still losing pretty badly, you would probably not wanna be buddies with him.its fuuny though i have to admit

MaitaBaby
08-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Kiefer hates Andy now.. :lol: He could be buddies with Lubijic!

MaitaBaby
08-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Has the match started already?
The live feed I'm getting right now is Moya against Arthurs..

Deboogle!.
08-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Nope Andy's match is on right after Moya/Arthurs.... should start in a few minutes!

MaitaBaby
08-05-2004, 09:33 PM
That was a quick match!
Congratz to Andy! :banana:

Deboogle!.
08-05-2004, 09:37 PM
How about the 113mph forehand winner :eek: :eek: :eek: and the 2 volley winners in a row :eek: :bowdown:

I really felt for Paradorn... so did Andy, after the match. Paradorn played really horribly :(

But I'm thrilled to hear he's feeling less tired and a nice short easy match is great for him :)

Nice job Andy :yeah:

Nishy
08-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Good win for Andy! He can save energy.

But I feel sorry for Paradon though.

Did anyone catch what Paradon say to Andy when they shake hands after the end of the match? Andy laughed then.

Rick V
08-05-2004, 09:55 PM
I thought Andy had Keifer's number but Paradorn looked totally defeated before the first ball was struck. Andy had the slice serve in the deuce court going big time today. He also seemed to return a little better. I'm gald he got a quick, stress-free match in today. I really hope Andy can get over the Haas hump this tourneyment.

superpinkone37
08-05-2004, 10:03 PM
wowwww yay for andy!!!!!!

Nishy
08-05-2004, 10:04 PM
I thought Andy had Keifer's number but Paradorn looked totally defeated before the first ball was struck. Andy had the slice serve in the deuce court going big time today. He also seemed to return a little better. I'm gald he got a quick, stress-free match in today. I really hope Andy can get over the Haas hump this tourneyment.

Paradon definitely seems to have trouble against Andy.
But I heard they are good friends.

If Andy face to Haas tomorrow, I really hope Andy can beat Haas this time too. Hope he can rest today.

superpinkone37
08-05-2004, 10:20 PM
yeah, but remember its hard court this time so i think andy will definatly be able to pull it off

Havok
08-05-2004, 10:41 PM
:o I thought Andy was playing at night, oh well nice solid win:smoke:

Federer Fan
08-05-2004, 10:43 PM
This is Andy's tournament. I took a look at the remaning players in his draw and it should be cake for him. The upper draw is the difficult one.

TinyT
08-05-2004, 10:44 PM
damn, i missd it :mad: oh well, good to hear that andy is back into the swing of things again :D time to open up that can of whoop ass :devil:

tangerine_dream
08-05-2004, 10:50 PM
Naldo, I thought you were at Roger's Cup today? Any Maria sightings? ;)

How about the 113mph forehand winner

Um, holy crap! :bowdown:

RonE
08-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Now THAT's more like it! Thats the Andy we all know and love :D
If it is Haas, I hope he finally breaks the jinx. What better place to do it than on the hardcourts of Cincinnati!

Havok
08-05-2004, 11:14 PM
No tangy today was my day off from the Rogers cup;) I'm back there tomorrow though and I get to see Sprem and Golovin again (that is if they play during the day) I'm so spoiled this week :rocker2: all my faves doing well and me getting to see them so many times:)

Deboogle!.
08-05-2004, 11:16 PM
I think Andy wants to beat Tommy BADLY. TOmmy is now the last player he hasn't beaten, I mean think about that.

After the Houston final, during the ceremony, Tommy said something about Andy on hardcourts and him wanting some revenge, so on the big screen they showed Andy's reaction and he just nodded and smiled like a little kid. I think Andy will be ultra-focused and try his very hardest if he ends up facing Tommy. I think he wants to beat him BADLY. And as Andy said last year "no one beats me 5 times in a row" :)

*mind is still reeling over the 113mph forehand* :eek:

superpinkone37
08-05-2004, 11:51 PM
I think Andy wants to beat Tommy BADLY. TOmmy is now the last player he hasn't beaten, I mean think about that.

After the Houston final, during the ceremony, Tommy said something about Andy on hardcourts and him wanting some revenge, so on the big screen they showed Andy's reaction and he just nodded and smiled like a little kid. I think Andy will be ultra-focused and try his very hardest if he ends up facing Tommy. I think he wants to beat him BADLY. And as Andy said last year "no one beats me 5 times in a row" :)

*mind is still reeling over the 113mph forehand* :eek:

wow, im gonna watch that match just to see that FH. :worship: lol, who am i kidding, i would have watched that match anyways

zoltan83
08-05-2004, 11:55 PM
I haven't time for reading all your posts and for going to roddickonline :bolt:
So I don't know if there is this video on this site.
But here a short video (12 sec) with the most beautiful point between Andy and Kiefer.

http://free.prohosting.com/mashafan/files/roddick_powa.wmv

Thanks Nouf!

Deboogle!.
08-05-2004, 11:57 PM
oh cool the point all by itself! :dance:

I mushed it together with the other highlights at roddickonline ;)

RonE
08-05-2004, 11:58 PM
AWESOME!!! :yeah:

PinkFeatherBoa
08-06-2004, 12:06 AM
That point is so cool. Well done to Andy today, keep going... :banana:

TinyT
08-06-2004, 12:20 AM
thank you bunk!! :worship:

Deboogle!.
08-06-2004, 02:49 AM
Please Andy.....beat Tommy:awww:

tangerine_dream
08-06-2004, 02:52 AM
Andy-Tommy rematch!!!! :banana:

Tommy's gonna be tough, tough. He owns Andy. Andy's looking tired but he's had two easy matches since Beastie so it should be ok (I hope).

Good luck Andy!!! You can do it!! :bounce:

Iheartandy&roger
08-06-2004, 02:58 AM
Lmfao that point against Kiefer he acted so cute with the hands up like I dunno how i did that.

Havok
08-06-2004, 03:06 AM
:rocker:

Deboogle!.
08-06-2004, 03:37 AM
highlights from today are up - make sure you check out the 113MPH forehand:)

THanks for all the helpful info Brad:rolleyes:
===

8.5.2004 - Andy had a million chances in the Toronto final against "Club Fed. In the first set at 4-4 he had him down love-40. Then CF cracks 3 aces. At 5-6 Andy plays a sloppy game and gets broke. You can't afford to give Federer anything.

We came here to Cincy and Andy had a very tough 1st Round match against "The Beast". Then he played Kiefer for the third time this year and for the third time Kiefer could not break him. That's 30 straight holds against Kiefer. Back in Indy Kiefer said that he should be able to break him, but he still hasn't. Today he had a great win against Paradorn.

I just got off the court playing tennis with the kids. We are going to do the Midwest thing and grab some eats at Fuddruckers. After that I'm going out to watch Haas' match to see if I can learn something, as Andy is 0-4 against Tommy.

Havok
08-06-2004, 04:35 AM
OMFG:drool::drool::drool::hearts: WHAT A FOREHAND. Would love to see that live :sad: that's like the hardest groundstroke I've ever seen :eek:

tangerine_dream
08-06-2004, 04:57 AM
omg, that PDorn match was the.....most.....boring.....EVER :zzz: Who needs Nyquil when you've got *that*? :yawn: *click, delete* bye PDorn match! :wavey: Definitely not a keeper (but you're right guys, that 113 mph forehand was to die for :eek: :worship: )

Tommy may end up kicking Andy's butt tomorrow but at least it'll be a far more competitive, watchable match. :rocker2:

superpinkone37
08-06-2004, 05:14 AM
i cant wait...at least i can count on seeing a competitive match, though i would rather see andy win easily any day. oh well-- come on andy you can do it!!!!!

J. Corwin
08-06-2004, 05:51 AM
Andy v. Tommy....bring it on! :cool:

Rick V
08-06-2004, 07:23 AM
I've watched that 113 mph forehand about 20 times now. Love it. Andy's reaction cracks me up - cool as a cucumber. Just casually turns his back and doesn't even break a smile. You know on the inside he was thinking "Holy crap! Have I ever hit a forehand that hard?".

That forehand reminded me of 2 other nuclear forehands I've seen Andy hit.

The first of those 2 was back inthe spring of 2001 against Guga. Guga was getting beat so he tried to get inside young Andrew's head and started saying stuff to him from across the net. Andy just stared at him and waited to recieve serve in the deuce court. Guga hit a 2nd serve and Andy hit a forehand return with seriously bad intentions. It's still the single hardest groundstroke I've ever seen anyone hit - before or since. After the shot, a cold winner of course (Guga didn't so much as flinch), Andy continued to stare at him as if to say "Bro, that's what happens when you piss me off."

The other was just last summer against Mariano Zabaleta. Andy was up a set and a break - cruising. Zabaleta got to 40-love on his serve and nailed a 1st serve up the T. Being down 40-love but up big in the match, Andy slapshot the forehand return on the 1 in a hundred chance it would go in. It did. The ball was hit so hard that Zabaleta hadn't even finished his follow through when the ball whizzed past him. Zabaleta was close enough to the ball that he only had to stick his raquet out but I don't even think the poor guy saw it. Zabaleta was so freaked that he proceeded to lose the next 4 points and lose serve again. That forehand return was timed at 110 mph as I recall.

superpinkone37
08-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Andy v. Tommy....bring it on! :cool:

yeah!!! go andy!!! its on!!!

RonE
08-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Time to break the shackles. I have a feeling he will, this time :cool:

MaitaBaby
08-06-2004, 09:09 AM
I think Andy will be able to win this time. Almost all of Tommy's win against him are on clay so I think Andy will be able to win this time. Plus, he knows he's got a good shot at defending his title, especially now that Fed's out. :)

Deboogle!.
08-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Rick thanks for those stories about Andy taking chances and hitting the crap outta the ball :cool: When I watched him practice in Houston this past April, I saw that he'd 'practice' a few of those just to be silly and break it up in the practice. And when they went in...... HOLY MOTHER. I think Brad fears for his life at those times :lol:

Andyway.... have some news and Andy's interview. I'm gonna miss the Haas match :sad:
=======

Roddick on the march
Sweeps past Srichaphan, but Haas awaits

By Dustin Dow
Cincinnati Enquirer staff writer

MASON - In three days, Andy Roddick has gone from nearly being upset to being absolutely dominating at the Western & Southern Financial Group Masters.

Roddick's 6-2, 6-3 win against Paradorn Srichaphan Thursday played out in stark contrast to his nail-biting, three-set victory in Tuesday's first round against Max Mirnyi.

"It's a lot faster here; the ball is flying around a lot more," Roddick said of the transition from playing in Toronto to Cincinnati. "I think I've gotten more used to it as the rounds have progressed. That doesn't mean anything. I can still lose the next round, but hopefully I won't."

Today in the quarterfinals at the Lindner Family Tennis Center, No. 2 Roddick is up against Tommy Haas, a player he has not beaten in four tries.

Earlier this year, Haas gave Roddick one of his 10 season losses in the final of the U.S. Clay Court Championships in Houston. Of Haas' four wins against Roddick, the last three have come on clay courts, and the first, in 2001, was on a hard court.

"We've played a bunch on clay, which isn't my favorite surface," Roddick said. "I think that's a deceiving stat. He's just beaten me. I would definitely love to get a chance at him. That's for sure."

Roddick hasn't lost any of his 35 service games through three rounds here, and Thursday he hit a 141 mph service winner on match point. Though Roddick is serving harder than anyone else here, he hasn't approached his record 153 mph speed.

"I feel like I'm playing a lot better after the serve," Roddick said. "I don't feel like I've been serving amazingly well in this tournament, but I've been playing well besides the serve."

Entering this week's play, Roddick had won 90 percent of his service games this year, tied for second to No. 1-ranked Roger Federer, who had a 92 percent mark. Last week in the Tennis Masters Canada, Roddick lost just one of his service games en route to the finals.

With Federer having been eliminated in the first round here, the tournament would appear to be Roddick's to lose. After all, he has lost just two of his last 26 matches, and both of those losses came to Federer in the championships of Wimbledon and the TMS Canada.

But standing in Roddick's way to defending his 2003 W&S title is Haas, a 26-year-old German who is making a comeback to tennis this year after a 15-month layoff because of a shoulder injury. He is No. 67 in the ATP rankings and received a wild-card entry here.

"You see all the guys that miss a significant chunk of time," said Roddick, who has won his last nine matches in the W&S Masters. "...It's pretty impressive to see these guys be out for a year and work their way back up. It really shows they're motivated."

============================

WESTERN AND SOUTHERN FINANCIAL GROUP MASTERS
CINCINNATI, OHIO

August 5, 2004

A. RODDICK/P. Srichaphan
6-2, 6-3

ANDY RODDICK

THE MODERATOR: Andy's won 24 of his last 26 matches going back to June. He'll take on the winner of Haas-Soderling in tomorrow's quarterfinal. Questions.

Q. After Dominik Hrbaty beat Federer in the first round, he said that he was glad he played him in the first round because if he saw him in the later rounds Federer would have been playing too well for him by then. Is there anything to that for you as you progress in the tournament?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I think it's separate circumstances. I think maybe what Roger was referring to was the difference in conditions between Toronto and here in Cincinnati. It's a lot faster here. The ball's flying around a lot more. I think I've gotten more used to it as the rounds have progressed, but that doesn't mean anything. You know, I'm still -- I can still lose next round. But hopefully I won't.

Q. Talk a little bit about today's match, how you feel you played.

ANDY RODDICK: I felt I played okay, but I just thought Paradorn didn't play as well as he's capable of. He definitely had one of those off-days. He had a lot of errors. And I'm sure if you talk to him, he probably wouldn't be too happy with how he played today.

Q. He said that after he lost his serve that first time, he basically felt he was out of it.

ANDY RODDICK: Well, that's surprising. But, you know, he didn't have his normal spark today out there, you know, so I just tried to kind of play a solid match and not make too many errors. I could tell he was feeling a little bit like that, so I wanted to make it as painful as possible as far as trying to come back. I didn't want to give him, you know, easy errors.

Q. Does that make it difficult to assess where your game's at when the other guy is really not in it?

ANDY RODDICK: Not really. I feel like I'm playing well. I've been winning matches the last three weeks, so there is something there. I think there is some room for improvement, but, you know, you don't get much out of today as far as gauging where you're at.

Q. Presumably, you don't want to make too many big tweaks with all the stuff you've got coming up in the next few weeks?

ANDY RODDICK: No, I mean, I'm just trying to get through each round. You know, that's basically it. People are talking, "You tired?" Yeah, that's part of tennis. You know, that's part of it. Now we'll just try to kind of reset the mind and try to get through tomorrow. That's kind of how I'm looking at it.

Q. Looking ahead to tomorrow you play Tommy Haas or Soderling. I think you're 0-4 against Haas. Anything particular about him?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah. We've played a bunch on clay, which isn't my favorite surface. But, no, I mean, not really. I mean, I think it's a deceiving stat. You know, we played a couple times. He's just beaten me, plain out. You know, I would definitely love to get a chance at him, that's for sure.

Q. He's got a great comeback story, hasn't he?

ANDY RODDICK: It's great. I mean, you see all the guys that missed, you know, a significant chunk of time with Thomas Johansson and Pavel and Haas, you know, even Guga when he was out with his hip. I mean, it's pretty impressive to see these guys out for a year, come back, and work their way back up. It definitely shows, you know, how determined and motivated they are. It's good for them.

Q. How much time will you have between here and when you go to Athens? Do you think you're going to kind of chill out or...?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. Hopefully I'll only have a day or two (smiling). But we'll see how this plays out. I think we're scheduled to leave next Tuesday as a team, get over there. But I don't think I'll be hitting many balls from the end of this to, you know, Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

Q. Have you been to Greece before, Athens?

ANDY RODDICK: Never been.

Q. There's a little bit of a situation going on in the men's and more so in the women's with a couple of players who are being kept out of the Olympics by their federation. Carlos said with Sluiter they're talking about it here. I know the women are talking about a possible boycott or whatever. What's your feeling on the situation?

ANDY RODDICK: Those players don't have -- I mean, if people want to boycott, that's fine with me. I'm closer to the Gold (smiling). My issue isn't with someone else's federation. That seems like it has nothing to do with me. You know, I don't know who -- what the players are, who they are. It's not my federation. You know, that's not really my issue. That sounds like someone's personal battle.

Q. I don't think you've lost a service game in this tournament. Can you characterize your confidence level when you go back there to serve?

ANDY RODDICK: I feel pretty confident right now. I feel like I'm playing a lot better after the serve. I don't feel like I've been serving amazingly well this tournament, but I feel like I've been playing well besides the serve, on my service games. So, you know, hopefully we can keep it up.

Q. Is that something that you feel like just in this tournament?

ANDY RODDICK: No, I only got broken I think once before I played Roger last week also. So, you know, the last couple weeks I feel like I've been playing pretty well on my service games.

Q. What's the biggest improvement in your game from two years ago? What have you learned the most, and is it physical or is it mental or is it both?

ANDY RODDICK: It's both. I mean, I don't think there's one thing that is amazing. My backhand's become a lot better. Two years ago I got it exposed pretty badly when I played Greg at Wimbledon and Pete again at the Open. I knew it was something I had to go work on. It's become a lot better, especially on service returns. And I just think it's confidence. And, you know, two years ago I'd only been -- I'd still only been on tour for about a year and a half. It's just that whole learning process and learning curve.

MaitaBaby
08-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Thanks bunk! :)
Why won't you be able to see Andy's match against Haas?

Deboogle!.
08-06-2004, 03:18 PM
I'll be on the plane :( Plus I don't think they're showing it on tv in the US anyway

MaitaBaby
08-06-2004, 03:25 PM
I see. It sucks not being able to watch Andy's game.
Hopefully he'll get through to the next round so that we'll get to see some more tennis action from him. :)

Deboogle!.
08-06-2004, 03:29 PM
yea definitely :) I might have to beg someone to leave me a message on my cell phone so that when I get off the plane I can find out what happened:p

MaitaBaby
08-06-2004, 03:47 PM
That's what I used to do whenever I had a class during Andy's game.
but hey, if I was there in the states I could do that for ya. ;) my mom's there but I don't think she watches tennis :smash:
hmm..maybe I can try to leave you a text message after the game.(Sometimes my overseas messages don't arrive.. sucky network here!) If you don't find anyone to do it for ya :D

superpinkone37
08-06-2004, 08:04 PM
hmmmmmmm i hope they show andy's match on tv today, but i dont think they will :sad:

J. Corwin
08-06-2004, 08:23 PM
How sad they're not gonna show it on TV. hmmph! :(

tangerine_dream
08-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Are you guys serious? I will be sooo pissed if ESPN decides not to show us the great showdown between Andy and Tommy! Instead, they torture us with PDorn-style annihilation matches. Ugh. :fiery:

Well, at least I'll have the potato/Hippo match to watch later tonight. Lleyton won! Whooooooo! :rocker2:

RonE
08-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Looks like I'll be having a sleepless night tonight- Agassi-Moya AND Roddick-Haas. I'm not missing either match for anything in the world right now.

RodFan08
08-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Are you guys serious? I will be sooo pissed if ESPN decides not to show us the great showdown between Andy and Tommy! Instead, they torture us with PDorn-style annihilation matches. Ugh. :fiery:

Well, at least I'll have the potato/Hippo match to watch later tonight. Lleyton won! Whooooooo! :rocker2:

I know, I wish they show both :(

star
08-06-2004, 09:17 PM
I guess Andre is still a bigger draw than Andy. :)

Lady Natalia
08-06-2004, 11:20 PM
I guess ESPN decided not show Andy because it will be such a quick win for him. Andy will tear a new one in Tommy. Their head to head means nothing. The last three matches on clay, sh*t 50 yr Chris Evert can beat Roddick on clay. GO ANDY!!!

superpinkone37
08-06-2004, 11:51 PM

i dont think thats it. its just that andre's match fits into the time slot that they have been using all week. unless andre's match only lasts an hour, then i doubt they will show the andy/tommy showdown

TinyT
08-06-2004, 11:56 PM
it still sucks we might not be able to see andy, i need some consolation for bunk!! :sad:

superpinkone37
08-06-2004, 11:57 PM
lol same here, and i think im speaking for most of us lol

Havok
08-07-2004, 01:04 AM
Andre is a bigger star than ANYBODY in the ATP Tour period.:)

superpinkone37
08-07-2004, 02:19 AM
yay im glad andre won-- seems like it is a big confidence booster....and now time for andy to take on tommy haas!!!!

star
08-07-2004, 02:25 AM
Are you around? Do you want to join us in chat for the Andy match?

Nishy
08-07-2004, 02:36 AM
I am here!
Oh no! Andy was broken early!
Come on Andy, break back!

J. Corwin
08-07-2004, 02:37 AM
ESPN could have extended coverage like two hours to give us the Andy/Tommy match...but NO. :angel:

Nishy
08-07-2004, 02:50 AM
Andy just broke back!
Go Andy!

MaitaBaby
08-07-2004, 03:04 AM
Andy won the 1st set! Yay!! :banana:
Where do you guys chat during Andy's game?

tangerine_dream
08-07-2004, 03:24 AM
Andre is a bigger star than ANYBODY in the ATP Tour period.:)

ANDRE!!!! :worship:

Hi Lady Natalia! :wavey: "Chris Evert could beat Andy on clay" <-- :haha:

RoddickBabe10
08-07-2004, 03:37 AM
Andy! Guys... pleeease tell me what's going on right now! Is it over yet? Is Andy doing good? And do any of you have AIM so I can chat with you during Andy's matches...? My sn is pinksodapop10 hehe thanks!

MaitaBaby
08-07-2004, 03:38 AM
Yay! Andy won! 6-3 6-3! :banana:
Andre and Andy in the semis! Can't wait!!! :yeah:

Nishy
08-07-2004, 03:44 AM
Yay! Andy won! 6-3 6-3! :banana:
Andre and Andy in the semis! Can't wait!!! :yeah:

Really? Are you sure?
TMS Cincy score has stop 3-2 30-30 2nd set.
What TV or score are you watching?

RoddickBabe10
08-07-2004, 03:44 AM
:banana: :yippee: :woohoo:

Thanks MaitaBaby! I can't wait for Andy and Andre's semifinal match tomorrow. I really hoped for this lol. I love Andre and Andy so much, but, as much as I have so much respect for Andre, more than any other player on tour, yes even Andy lol, I want Andy to win! So Go Andy!

By the way MaitaBaby, that flag is a Philippine flag right? I have been there before. For a really long time. Great country, very hospitable :worship:

J. Corwin
08-07-2004, 03:47 AM
NO ONE beats Andy five times in a row! :p

Time for Tommy to bend over. :devil:

andyroxmysox12191
08-07-2004, 03:48 AM
lol so true jace :banana: thank you carito for the scores after the sb screwed up :kiss:

MaitaBaby
08-07-2004, 03:51 AM
RoddickBabe10 - your welcome! :) and yup, it is a Philippine flag.. thanks, glad to hear you like our country cuz I sure don't.. :lol: just kidding! Some things are just so messed up here but whatever.. I won't be here for long now. Anyways, I agree with you. I admire Andre and I think he's such a great champion but I do want Andy to win in the semis. Hopefully he'll be in the finals with Lleyton! :banana:

J. Corwin
08-07-2004, 03:52 AM
Andy won the 1st set! Yay!! :banana:
Where do you guys chat during Andy's game?

We chat on msn. :) Roddickbabe, do you have msn messenger? If you do, we'll add ya. :)

Nishy
08-07-2004, 03:53 AM
Andy won! Congrats!

MaitaBaby,

Thank you for the score! I confirmed livescore.com but TMS Cincy score is still freezing.... It may be just for me.

I was just nervous to watch and I thought the match delayed cause of rain.

I am proud of Andy he finally win against Haas regardless he is tired.

RoddickBabe10
08-07-2004, 03:56 AM
MaitaBaby, you're one interesting patriot! :haha: just kidding. Yeah, Philippines is great, but you know, the whole politics and everything is driving me nuts lol But I love it down there and I'd love to come back sometime soon.

Anyways, A Hewitt/Roddick F would be awesome! Although, I think, Lleyton leads their h2h. It should be amazing to have a three-set match, preferably Andy winning, of course! Gooo Andrewww! :lol:

tangerine_dream
08-07-2004, 03:59 AM
I've had this huge grin on my face all evening long and now my face hurts. Tennis nights can't be any better than this! :D :cool:

First, the old Andre finally decides to show up, play some awesome tennis, and beat Moya (another great player I like) after a terrific TB! Andre is looking more and more confident with each win and it's about time!!! The poor guy has been struggling badly and now he's in his first SF of the year! :banana: Welcome back, Andre!!!!!! :worship:

Next up is Andy taking on his former Master, Mr Haas. Tommy got an early break but then Andy broke right back and then he rocked and rolled through the rest of the match. Caro saw it and I hope she reports in because I don't know if ESPN will show it tape delayed tomorrow for us. :sad:

So congrats to Andy for finally knocking another troublesome monkey off his back! :worship: He is really doing awesome. I just love summer hardcourt season = Duck Domination season! :D

Andy and Andre SF coming right up! Wow. I didn't think I'd ever see one of these again. I'm so haaappeeeee. *drunk* :banana: :dance: :bounce:

MaitaBaby
08-07-2004, 04:03 AM
I sure am :haha: Yeah, the politics are screwing the country up but aside from that it's all good.
Lleyton does lead their head to head but they haven't met for a while now so maybe Andy can have revenge this time. Just like what he did today!
But.... he still has Andre to overcome though!!! That's gonna be tough especially with the way Andre has been playing all week.. Go Stephen! :lol:

MisterQ
08-07-2004, 04:05 AM
congrats Andy on finally beating Tommy! and yeah for Andre too! :)

andyroxmysox12191
08-07-2004, 04:06 AM
the SB screwed up.....its been frozen for a while lol.
i wish i could be happier about this win but since right during the match my brother told me he's only buying one ticket to the uso pretty much ruined it. i'm just :fiery: right now.....one year waiting for the uso....and i cant go. i really hope he doesnt meet roger at all or get his autograph....oh but he'll def go to his match :rolleyes: gah :fiery:

andyroxmysox12191
08-07-2004, 04:06 AM
Q!!!! :hug: hows camp and maine if you're still there? :)

Nishy
08-07-2004, 04:18 AM
If somebody watched this match, would you tell me how was that?
I really want to know. Andy seems to play well.

star
08-07-2004, 04:20 AM
Caro watched it. She thought Andy was playing well.

He seemed to struggle a little at first ...... just looking at the scoreboard.

Nishy
08-07-2004, 04:32 AM
Yea he seemed. He was broken early but broke back soon. That is one of improvement I think.

Havok
08-07-2004, 04:54 AM
well winning 5 straight games to win the firs t set was pretty sweet:)

RodFan08
08-07-2004, 06:07 AM
is anyone else as excited about the possibility of an andy/lleyton final as i am? maybe it's because i'm new, but i'm just like on the edge of my seat about a match that isn't even definite! oh, and could someone tell me if both semis are being shown on espn tomorrow?

I'm also excited about that mach-up:bounce:. It would be a great match because thier styles are so different. Both great fighters, obviously. I'm new here too & I can't wait to see it! Maybe were so excited because were having fun posting in these threads. I don't know. Anyway, I think u can check at espn tennis homepage and they will list what their showing and the times. Check tomorrow morning :wavey: They should show both semis tomorrow. I think they always do with Tennis Masters Series Events (let me know if I'm wrong)

RoddickBabe10
08-07-2004, 07:28 AM
I'm excited too :yippee: but a little nervous :scared: :lol: just because of their h2h but anyways, it should be a great match-up, you know, both guys with strong emotions on court :drool: I love it when players talk to themselves, throw their raquets, and say "COME ONNN!" on court :lol: It's too cute! Okay, this isn't even definite and we're already excited!

superpinkone37
08-07-2004, 07:37 AM
I'm excited too :yippee: but a little nervous :scared: :lol: just because of their h2h but anyways, it should be a great match-up, you know, both guys with strong emotions on court :drool: I love it when players talk to themselves, throw their raquets, and say "COME ONNN!" on court :lol: It's too cute! Okay, this isn't even definite and we're already excited!

lol i totally agree with you!!! i like thet they both have those strong personalities. im looking forward to andy/andre tomorrow too, cuz andre is one of my fave players after andy of course. but andy must win...i want andre to do well cuz his last few matches have been real confidence boosters for him...but i think thats enough winning for him for now. andy needs another title if he wants to stay close behind fedex. lol, i would want andy to win no matter what, as we all would. anyways i will be lookinng forward to that showdown tomorrow-- as long as andy wins!!! :)

Lady Natalia
08-07-2004, 07:56 AM
Congrats to Andy for his great win over Haas. The semis is his for the taking. Andre has great ability(but he is no Federer) but he wont be able to beat a determined Andy. GO ANDY!!!

RonE
08-07-2004, 09:10 AM
I knew Andy could do it! Congrats to Andre too, what a match it should be.

The one thing that sucks is that I didn't see the matches! I set my alarm clock but just didn't wake up. That's the one thing I hate about being on the wrong side of the Atlantic as a tennis fan at this time of the year :(

RonE
08-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Well, considering that Andy is in red hot form, and that no one (except Pete maybe) knows Andre's game better than Brad, I'd say he has a pretty good shot at making the final again. I would LOVE to see a Roddick-Hewitt final the attacker vs. counterpuncher, but I'm getting ahead of myself here. For now, I'll concentrate on Andy v. Andre. What a match it should be :drool: (if I can wake up this time, that is :banghead: )

RodFan08
08-07-2004, 12:59 PM
oh, and could someone tell me if both semis are being shown on espn tomorrow?

I think only Andy's will be shown. Check out this link: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/index

star
08-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Yeah........ They aren't showing Lleyton's match cause, you know, they've got to show fly fishing and motorcross........ grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :fiery:

Jennay
08-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Fly Fishing :rolleyes:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-07-2004, 05:12 PM
lets go andy ;)

c'mon a roddick v hewitt final would be great to watch :D

TinyT
08-07-2004, 05:18 PM
lol i totally agree with you!!! i like thet they both have those strong personalities. im looking forward to andy/andre tomorrow too, cuz andre is one of my fave players after andy of course. but andy must win...i want andre to do well cuz his last few matches have been real confidence boosters for him...but i think thats enough winning for him for now. andy needs another title if he wants to stay close behind fedex. lol, i would want andy to win no matter what, as we all would. anyways i will be lookinng forward to that showdown tomorrow-- as long as andy wins!!! :)

amen to that superpink :worship:

star
08-07-2004, 05:21 PM
ANDY RODDICK

THE MODERATOR: Defending Champion Andy Roddick is through to the semis. Questions.

Q. It was unusual to see you down a break in the first set. What were your thoughts at that point?

ANDY RODDICK: I wasn't happy because I felt like I didn't make him play enough to break me. You know, I threw in a couple missed forehands there and, you know, a double on breakpoint. But, you know, that being said, it's happened before. It will happen again, I'm sure. You know, I just tried to kind of regroup a little bit.

Q. You obviously won five games in a row, though. Did you elevate something right away or start to find something to exploit?

ANDY RODDICK: I was trying to just make him think about me coming to the net a little bit more. You know, he was standing in Mexico trying to return my serve. So, you know, I thought at least -- I missed a couple volleys early but I still felt like it was the right play. At the very least it would make him think twice about just being able to bump my serve back.

Q. Talk about Andre a little bit tomorrow.

ANDY RODDICK: I'm excited. That's always fun. You know, we're good friends. And, you know, it's always a trip to play someone you grew up idolizing. He's proven everyone wrong once again, right, with this week. I mean, he's hitting the ball great again. I'll definitely have my hands full, that's for sure.

Q. You haven't played him since last summer. That was the first time you beat him.

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah.

Q. You remember anything back to that match? He had the thorn in your side until then.

ANDY RODDICK: Well, I played him twice when I was 17, so I wasn't feeling too good about my prospects then. Then he absolutely thrashed me one year in San Jose pretty badly. Then last year I think I saved a matchpoint actually and, you know, was able to sneak through. So, you know, I don't know. I think it's a different ball game now. I think you have to kind of look ahead. It's no secret what Andre is going to do - he's going to punish the ball from the baseline and he's going to enforce himself. We've seen him play for years and years and years now. But handling that is a lot easier said than done, that's for sure.

Q. You haven't lost to anybody but Roger this summer. What's that like psychologically?

ANDY RODDICK: It feels good. I mean, I'm definitely pretty confident right now. But that being said, still wary of opponents.

Q. How are you progressing as far as you're talking about coming to the net some tonight. I know that's been a longer-term objective, to round out your game. Is it an emphasis for you to become a serve-and-volleyer?

ANDY RODDICK: I'm not going to become a serve-and-volleyer. I made it to 1 in the world not serving and volleying, so I'm not all of a sudden just going to flip and change everything. But that being said, I feel good about myself when I need it, like tonight. I need it -- even though I didn't volley great, I still had that option and I used that option. That's kind of what I'm working towards, to be able to kind of use it as a Plan B when I need to.

Q. Is it maybe more strategic depending on the opponent?

ANDY RODDICK: Oh, absolutely. Absolutely. You know, and tonight I needed it. You know, it was definitely a strategical play. You know, if I feel like I can enforce my natural game upon someone and be successful with it, then that's going to be my first option. But, you know, if I feel like that's a little uncomfortable, then maybe have that also.

Q. It would be great if you could hit an ace every time. You more or less did leading 4-3 in the second set there. Were you going for that?

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah. I hit the first one on the second serve. I hit a good second serve. And, you know, that was kind of my get-out-of-jail-free card. That was either do-or-die right there. Then I started just hitting pretty good serves. You know, I was just -- when I make a first serve and I try to give it a ride, it's going to be a forceful shot on my opponent. I mean, I was just lucky enough to get them in and hit my spots on those points.

Q. As you said, you pretty much know what Andre is going to do.

Q. Is it fair to say that having his former coach is not going to lead to any secrets about weaknesses?

ANDY RODDICK: Well, okay, there's -- well, that would be great except Andre doesn't have a whole lot of weaknesses, you know. Even Brad will tell you that. I mean, he's -- you know, there's a difference between having a coach who used to coach a player who knows something about a weakness. But Andre is rock solid. So, you know, I don't think there's a lot, you know -- I wouldn't read too much into that, I don't think.

Q. You said you grew up idolizing Agassi?

Q. What are your first memories? Do you remember when he first came up the whole "image is everything" attitude?

ANDY RODDICK: Absolutely. I had the jean shorts and the tights and all that good stuff, unfortunately (laughter).

Q. The dyed blond hair?

ANDY RODDICK: No, it was blond on its own. But, yeah, it almost seems like two different people, you know. It's been great to kind of get to know him and become friendly with him as well. You know, it's not every kid gets to kind of grow up and develop somewhat of a friendship with one of their idols. So it's pretty cool.

Q. Tonight is the first time you beat Tommy. You've got one win in your career against Andre. With everything you have accomplished, could this tournament be a chance to prove even more?

ANDY RODDICK: Well, every tournament's a chance to prove even more. But, you know, I don't look a whole lot into records. I mean, they're great and they're a fun stat, but a lot of times they're totally different circumstances, you know. But, you know, it's nice getting wins over people you haven't had success against in the past, there's no doubt.

Q. Is there anything different tonight against Tommy than matches in the past?

ANDY RODDICK: The slippery stuff was gone (smiling). There was nothing red around besides shirts in the crowd (smiling). You know, I got him on, you know, on my favorite conditions, you know, in my element. I think that had something to do with it. I mean, he's gotten me in his element a couple times, so it was nice to return the favor.

Q. How would you characterize your relationship with Andre. When you were younger, did he ever say some things, advice?

ANDY RODDICK: Absolutely. He was great to me. You know, he was -- I was 17, I think, end of 2000. We had played twice that year. Two times that winter we had practiced for a week together, and, you know, we played a couple XOs. He's just been great, you know. He's made it known that if I ever need anything, have any questions about this whole circus, then, you know, I'm more than welcome to go ask him. And, you know, he's just been great. I couldn't have asked for more from him. He's been awesome.

TinyT
08-07-2004, 05:28 PM
thank you star!! :kiss: i love the part where he talks about his jean shirts and tights, lmao, andy has quite the sense of humor :lol:

Nishy
08-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Thanks star.

I like "get-out-of-jail-free card".

tangerine_dream
08-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the article, star :kiss:

Q. The dyed blond hair?

ANDY RODDICK: No, it was blond on its own. But, yeah, it almost seems like two different people, you know. It's been great to kind of get to know him and become friendly with him as well. You know, it's not every kid gets to kind of grow up and develop somewhat of a friendship with one of their idols. So it's pretty cool.

------

Speaking of hair, has anyone else noticed that Andy's hair does indeed look very blonde in the sunlight? I've been noticing it throughout the hardcourt tournaments but his blonde-ish hair during the PDorn match really stood out to me.

I know he was blonde as a child but I wouldn't classify him as anything but brunette now. It's like his hair has this chameleon quality to it. I just find it interesting. :)

Iheartandy&roger
08-07-2004, 07:20 PM
The match between Agassi and Roddick is going to be so exciting!! Somebody please post a video or some clips I could see cuz no tv station here will cover this match :mad:

superpinkone37
08-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the article, star :kiss:

Q. The dyed blond hair?

------

Speaking of hair, has anyone else noticed that Andy's hair does indeed look very blonde in the sunlight? I've been noticing it throughout the hardcourt tournaments but his blonde-ish hair during the PDorn match really stood out to me.

I know he was blonde as a child but I wouldn't classify him as anything but brunette now. It's like his hair has this chameleon quality to it. I just find it interesting. :)

yeah i have noticed that-- some times it looks really blonde, and then the next day it looks almost reddish, and then its back to normal lmao

andyroxmysox12191
08-07-2004, 07:54 PM
yes tangy i see it as well :) but then underneath his hat it looks brown so lmao i like it :banana:

RoddickBabe10
08-07-2004, 10:08 PM
I think I posted once on this thread asking if Andy as blonde :lol: and people made fun of me lol (in a good way, that is). His hair is so weird lol

Anyways, thanks for the article! Andy is so funny talking about the tights and everything :)

RonE
08-07-2004, 10:56 PM
ANDY RODDICK: The slippery stuff was gone (smiling). There was nothing red around besides shirts in the crowd (smiling).

:haha: :haha: :haha: thats our Andy :yeah:

tangerine_dream
08-07-2004, 11:06 PM
ESPN2 is showing the Haas match from last night RIGHT NOW!!! (6:00pm EST)

Andre and Andy will be on at 8:00pm. :yippee:

superpinkone37
08-07-2004, 11:08 PM
ahhh i just saw that!!! again i am too slow to post lol

andyroxmysox12191
08-07-2004, 11:09 PM
tangy i :worship: you. thank you for telling us!!!! :kiss:

RoddickBabe10
08-08-2004, 03:18 AM
I guess the mighty duck wasn't mighty enough...

I am so sad right now. Although, I really like Andre, I mean this match was just nerve-racking and yell-at-the-tv worthy. I really wanted Andy to defend his title but congrats to Andre :banana: he's one of my favorites and all but damn you! :lol: jk We still love you, Andy!