Deboogle!.
12-25-2008, 01:14 AM
uh, were they ever in? :lol:

Arkulari
12-25-2008, 05:02 AM
is Bob's shoulder still bothering him? :shrug:

10K Futures Qualifier
12-25-2008, 05:32 AM
Perhaps, hopefully it heals up before April so I will see them in Houston.

Deboogle!.
12-25-2008, 06:03 AM
is Bob's shoulder still bothering him? :shrug:According to their website, they are scheduled to start the year in Sydney (like they usually do if I'm not mistaken) and Mike posted a very long blog entry a couple days ago saying they are working hard in California to prepare for the season, so I would say, it sounds like he is fine and i'm not sure where this Chennai rumor started but they have never played there before and I haven't heard that they were supposed to play there this year. And considering the way doubles commitments work for lower-tier tourneys, they couldn't be "out" of chennai because they never "committed" in the first place :shrug:

iSzavay.
12-25-2008, 06:07 AM
It was in the tennis.com ticker :shrug:

JMG
12-25-2008, 06:34 PM
They aren't in the entry list, but they were mentioned in an article of an Indian website some month ago I think.

Jimnik
12-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Hopefully no health issues. I see no reason to play Chennai over Sydney or Brisbane. Same money, same points, more crazy travelling.

Deboogle!.
12-27-2008, 02:40 PM
They are playing Sydney, according to their site anyway. I don't honestly think they ever planned on playing Chennai, I can't find one mention of it on their website, they're not on the entry list, they've never played there before, etc. IMO, if there are rumors someone's gonna play a tourney and then they don't show up on the entry list, that doesn't mean they are "out" of the tourney... maybe tennis.com disagrees with me :lol:

Fee
12-27-2008, 05:01 PM
This was posted by LaBamba in the tournament thread:

http://sports.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Tennis/Bryan_brothers_withdraw_from_Chennai_Open/articleshow/3886982.cms

Injury forces Bryan brothers to withdraw from Chennai Open
24 Dec 2008, 1746 hrs IST, PTI

NEW DELHI: Injury has forced world number two doubles pair Mike and Bob Bryan of America to pull out of the ATP Chennai Open in Chennai from Janua
ry 5 to 11.

"All American doubles team of Bob and Mike Bryan have withdrawn their participation owing to an aggravated injury to Bob Bryan," the organisers said in a statement.

"This is really unfortunate. We were keenly looking forward to our participation at the Chennai Open 2009; however Bobs injury has spoilt our plans. We were eagerly looking forward in playing in India but things have not worked out," the Bryans said.

The Bryan brothers may have pulled out but the tournament boasts of a star-studded field that includes Russian Davis Cupper Nicolay Davidenko.

"While the Bryans will be missed, tennis enthusiasts of Chennai can eagerly look forward to some good action with the presence of international stars like Davydenko and Indian stars Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes in the doubles draw," said Fernando Soler, tournament director, Chennai Open.

Deboogle!.
12-27-2008, 05:08 PM
:scratch: It still doesn't match what's on their site :shrug: And if they're not on the entry list, how could they have "withdrawn" Anyway, whether Bob's still hurt or not, I think it's good they're not playing. they've never needed 2 events before the AO before, no need to start adding events now that they're 30. I guess we'll see what happens, but I will not at all be surprised if they show up in sydney 100% fine and playing well and if they never intended to go to Chennai at all. I suppose he could've reaggravated it recently, but considering right after the USO he didn't even play in his own charity event with Mike, I don't think he would've played in Andy's a couple weeks ago if his shoulder was still a problem, and he seemed ok.

Bilbo
12-27-2008, 05:12 PM
good news