Anyone planning on going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anyone planning on going?

tennis_pIayer
12-22-2008, 04:21 PM
It's in middle of march, pretty good weather in Indian wells (warm but not deathly hot)
should be a good field. I live in LA and never made it out for this tournament but am thinking about it.

Bobble
12-29-2008, 06:14 PM
I went last year for qualies and the first few rounds and will be doing the same this year. The weather is perfect, but the sun is intense. It's a great opportunity to get close to the players (my avatar with Monfils and Gasqut was taken in Indian Wells). Get to the practice courts.

tennis_pIayer
01-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Sounds good bobbie. my buddies and i def plan on going. hopefully we'll meet fed, nadal, murray, blake, roddick, and ivanovic,

Lucinda
02-15-2009, 11:05 PM
I'll be going again this year. The practice courts are very nice and fan-friendly and you can usually catch most of the players you' want to see at one time or another.

Dupuis2006
02-16-2009, 01:46 AM
How many practice courts are there?

theMEESH
02-16-2009, 06:22 AM
I'm totally going again this year! I loved going last year... even if I almost got trampled by the crazies trying to go see Djokovic. It was great.

For me, for sure on Tuesday qualies (as it is free :D) and Thursday or Friday. I hope JC plays on Thursday. I'm not sure how many times I'm going to go, since I have school, but for sure at least two days.

I'm so excited!

kai.
02-16-2009, 07:25 AM
I want to go :sad: but i have to take train more than 4 hrs plaf. with a cost of 30u$ ¬¬
maybe next year :awww:

Proton21
02-21-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm planning to go either on the 13th or the 14th (1R/2R). Should I buy a tickets in advance?

BaleoutRichie
02-21-2009, 02:19 AM
yeah during my spring break i want to go

i live in st.louis probably will make it there on saturday the 21st...so where do i need to fly to and where should I stay in prior to the final(22nd)??? where online can i buy the tickets for the mens final??

tennis_pIayer
02-21-2009, 05:35 PM
I'll be going the first weekend, fri and saturday. 3/13-14 I'm just driving over from LA, no flights involved.

theMEESH
02-21-2009, 05:54 PM
How long is the drive from LA to IW? I'm curious...

Mrs. Fabregas
02-24-2009, 12:18 PM
:wavey: Hello everyone who's planning to go, or is going to the IW masters tournament!

I have tickets to sell, for the kick off weekend (13-14-15 March) since i'm not able to go anymore :sad: ..... Anyone interested???

Loge seats, west side, block 412, row D 1 seat.

The total price for the whole weekend is (originally) $270,00 so per day it'll be $90,00 but ofcourse the price is negotiable ( within reasonable ofcourse ;))

Please let me know asap (by PM) if you're interested and thanks in advance!

Francis

kai.
02-24-2009, 06:51 PM
I'll be going the first weekend, fri and saturday. 3/13-14 I'm just driving over from LA, no flights involved.

:sad: can u take me to ?? :lol:

sierra91
03-01-2009, 09:54 AM
And I'm selling a pair of courtside box tickets to the semis and finals because I can't go. They're fabulous: 12th row behind the baseline (Section 166, Row K) and am selling them well below face value for about $250 each. A big chunk of change but awesome seats. Price is negotiable. Please PM me if you're interested.

tennis_pIayer
03-02-2009, 08:43 AM
the drive from LA is about 2 hours w/o traffic.
i'm def getting excited as it'll be the biggest tournament i've gone to since wimbledon/French open, but that was more than 6 yrs ago. lemme know if anyone wants to meet up for drinking!

theMEESH
03-02-2009, 09:32 AM
So then its the same as from Palmdale.... the boonies of LA county :lol:

Lucinda
03-02-2009, 11:30 PM
I can't wait! My mom and I went last year and we quickly got into a routine. We'd grab a coffee and the local paper at the Starbucks on our way to the tournament. The local paper has an insert during the tournament that has the order of play and other articles, etc. We'd hit the practice courts first thing when they open the gates since there were usually a number of players hitting. We could plan our day around the schedule of play, so we'd grab a cold drink and head to the first match. There's also plenty of beer stands ;) Our first day we were at the complex from 9am until after midnight - watching tennis the whole time. I'll be there again from the 16th through the 19th!

tennis_pIayer
03-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Kai, i sent you a PM

Bobble
03-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I will be out there the 9th through the 14th for qualies, practice courts and some 1R, 2R matches. Can't wait! I also suggest that fans hang out around the nicer resorts, i.e. the Esmerelda and those nearby because players in the top 100 commonly stay here with their countrymen and are out and about throughout the day. Evenings are the best for running into players!

jseles
03-05-2009, 01:27 AM
My first trip to California! :-) I will be there from March 11th to March 17th. Can't wait!

theMEESH
03-05-2009, 03:02 AM
to go to class or not to go to class on Monday.... THAT is the question....

I'd totally skip if we weren't getting the results to our first exam.

kai.
03-05-2009, 06:14 AM
to go to class or not to go to class on Monday.... THAT is the question....

I'd totally skip if we weren't getting the results to our first exam.

dont go!!! XD u can check the results online :angel:

tennis_pIayer
03-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Bobbie, which resorts do players stay at????

Bobble
03-05-2009, 01:39 PM
I have spotted many players at The Esmerelda and the adjacent resort in the same complex. The tournament actually offers a shuttle to and from but you are supposed to have a room key.

mayagaller
03-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I'll be there for the singles finals. :)

theMEESH
03-05-2009, 04:04 PM
dont go!!! XD u can check the results online :angel:

hahaha do you want to come with me? :p

Metrolink comes to palmdale hehehe.... but that would be a hella long trip for you

Lucinda
03-05-2009, 08:22 PM
I also suggest that fans hang out around the nicer resorts, i.e. the Esmerelda and those nearby because players in the top 100 commonly stay here with their countrymen and are out and about throughout the day. Evenings are the best for running into players!

Hmm.. Does the Esmerelda have fine dining? I might go there one night for dinner with my stealth camera!

Mrs. Fabregas
03-08-2009, 03:48 PM
:wavey: Hey everyone who's going and is interested in this......

I've posted this earlier, but i can't seem to find the thread anymore!

I have tickets for sale for the kick off weekend, due to the fact that i unfortunately can't make it :sad: to go!

It's one seat, in the loge seats on the west side, block 412, row D

The original price for it, for the whole weekend is $ 270,- aka $90,- per day (both sessions) and since i think it's a shame they'll be unused, i want to sell them for a very reasonable price of

$ 45,- a day (both sessions) or, if you buy the whole weekend package : $125,- and that's (more then) a 50% discount!

If anyone is interested, please let me know by pm!

Thank you,
Francis

sierra91
03-09-2009, 04:56 AM
And I'm selling a pair of courtside box tickets to the semis and finals because I can't go. They're fabulous: 12th row behind the baseline (Section 166, Row K) and am selling them well below face value for about $250 each. A big chunk of change but awesome seats. Price is negotiable. Please PM me if you're interested. In this bad economy, we're lowering the price to under $200 ... PM me if you're interested.

tennis_pIayer
03-18-2009, 02:30 AM
Went to the tournament, had a great time. Went friday afternoon, caught a little of the friday night match between Urzula and Kuznetsova. Then went saturday for the evening match, but went in at 4;30. so caught a lot of the action, including Ivanovic yakimova, fed, hantuchova vs yanimayer, jankovic vs pavly, and blake vs neimenen.

tennis_pIayer
03-18-2009, 02:32 AM
also got autograph of ana I, plus saw the players around the grounds. cheered really hard for hantuchova as it was a real small court. The hotel esmeralda had tons of players crawling around and they were friendly b/c no one was going up to them.