Latest Posting from Guille [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Latest Posting from Guille

boliviana
07-30-2004, 08:20 PM
This was on his website today

Hello everyone"

"Well, I'm writing to you to tell you why I left the court the other day when I was playing against Luis Horna during the first round of the Toronto Open".

"The first thing you have to know is that I am very sad because I thought I was ready to play, or at least I had the faith that I could do it without feeling any pain. But it wasn't like that".

"Moreover, the shoulder bothered from the very first service in the same place it had at Wimbledon. That scared me, because I had been fine for a week"

"I felt a very strong pain due to a contracture, but the condition in the shoulder surprised me. Especially because when I touched it, it was stone hard"

"I tried to keep playing for a while, but it not only hurt me but worried me not to worsen the injury. Honestly, I didn't want to stop for a month again. I'll die if I miss the Olympics Games!"

"That's the reason why I stepped out. I don't want to run any risk, especially when I know that many will come"

"In a few hours I will be deciding whether I play in Cincinnati, and if I choose not to do it, then I'll continue the treatment"

"Thank you all for the e-mails and the messages of the forum asking about my condition. I am emotionally fine, willing to play and win. Let's see how my shoulder evolves"

"Well, send you hugs to everyone".

Guille

mordicus18
07-30-2004, 08:26 PM
thanks for it boliviana :D pooor guille :awww:

|-Safin_Coria-|
07-30-2004, 08:33 PM
<3 much love to ya Guille <3

boliviana
07-30-2004, 08:37 PM
I think Guille needs to embrace better medicine and doctors . . . he may be a little too into alternative medicine. And you are right, poor Guille. But that "poor Guille" mentality is part of his problem. I love him - I love watching him but somewhere in there he feels sorry for himself and I think it's messing him up on the court. And while he may be having a grand time being married, that has to be distracting for him this year. I have been married a long time and those first few years are really hard. Doesn't matter how much you "love" someone or how much money you do (or don't) have, it's really hard . . . he's gotta grow up some more and own the court more and his game and then it will come back to him. He reminds me of my husband. There is a well developed little latin prince there . . . he works hard but some piece of him expects things to go a certain way. Don't think he likes disappointment and don't think he listens to people around him. Bet he is as stubborn as a mule (a very cute mule though). . .

MissPovaFan
07-30-2004, 08:57 PM
I hope Guille makes a full recovery come the US Open and hopefully he will enter Cincinnati next week.

mordicus18
07-30-2004, 09:00 PM
my mum said to me after rg final 2004 : 'coria is a baby'... I was surprised of that, so she added : 'he's young, coz of his age and coz of his mentality, he's got the time to improve himself'... I agree with her - 22 years old is young, but he's one of the best clay players of the world :) :baby:

boliviana
07-30-2004, 09:16 PM
He is a baby in some ways but he has so much pressure on him. He was born and labeled as the next Vilas and I know he has worked very, very hard to get where he is today. And to get here, he got a certain amount of pampering and all latin boys are spoiled rotten so it all makes for an interesting combination. He is a sweet guy who has a lot to still learn and everybody can sit on the sidelines (us too!) and make comments about his progress. And he wears his heart on his sleeve which makes him more of a target. He is really quite brave if you think about it. Tennis players have to be really brave and just arrogant enough to allow themselves to be beaten up on the courts week in and week out and all on international tv. It's not like a team sport. They are pretty naked out there . . .

mordicus18
07-30-2004, 09:26 PM
awww it's so cute boliviana...

fabolous
07-30-2004, 09:26 PM
guille seems so vulnerable to me.......he has the talent to be world no 1, but guys like roddick and federer always look tougher than guille

MissPovaFan
07-30-2004, 09:33 PM
guille seems so vulnerable to me.......he has the talent to be world no 1, but guys like roddick and federer always look tougher than guille

Yeah I agree with you there when I watch his matches I always have that feeling that he may break down at any time :sad:

Washa Koroleva
07-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Guille just knows what's good for him and i don't want him to miss the olympic games :)

boliviana
07-30-2004, 10:26 PM
I am selfish though. I would rather he miss the Olympics and come to NY for the Open . . . I so want to see him "live" . . . my kids are afraid to go with me though becuse they think I will embarass them horribly if I see him. There is something about him that is so great.

I was thinking about that very pretty face of his. On one hand, he will always look younger than his years and that is a good thing but he will have hard time getting people to see him as a "man" . . . and his small frame doesn't help either. Doesn't matter as much in Latin America but you put him next to a Safin or a Roddick and he looks so young!! So when he pulls out of a match or whatever, it just reinforces the image that he is immature.

MissPovaFan
07-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Yep I agree with you Boliviana - I would much prefer to see Guille have a good showing in the US Open than the Olympics which to be honest I personally place lower than a Masters event.

boliviana
07-30-2004, 10:52 PM
I think the Olympics could be a recipe for disaster. I really hope it all goes well but there seems to be so much up in the air. And I wonder how good the tennis will really be . .

Washa Koroleva
07-30-2004, 10:55 PM
the Olympics are great!!!!! :devil:

|-Safin_Coria-|
07-31-2004, 01:14 AM
I am selfish though. I would rather he miss the Olympics and come to NY for the Open . . . I so want to see him "live" . . . my kids are afraid to go with me though becuse they think I will embarass them horribly if I see him. There is something about him that is so great.

I was thinking about that very pretty face of his. On one hand, he will always look younger than his years and that is a good thing but he will have hard time getting people to see him as a "man" . . . and his small frame doesn't help either. Doesn't matter as much in Latin America but you put him next to a Safin or a Roddick and he looks so young!! So when he pulls out of a match or whatever, it just reinforces the image that he is immature.
I'm selfish too, i want to see him live in NY as well! :bounce:
i was so excited, but now i'm so afraid he isn't going to make it :sad: but if its for the best, then by all means, skip the open! his health is a lot more important
also, i don't think he is seen as immature but rather weaker than the other players

kandykane
07-31-2004, 02:00 AM
oh, i think olympics is rather important for every athelete, for one thing, it only come once every 4 years. and it's a country representing thing. Guille's only gonna come across 2 olympics, 3 at most during his career, so it's not something u can easily say quit to. as for the other tournaments... well, if he misses this year, there'll always be next year.

Washa Koroleva
07-31-2004, 08:03 AM
i agree with you kandy!!!!

Guille's Girl
07-31-2004, 01:54 PM
I think Guille needs to embrace better medicine and doctors . . . he may be a little too into alternative medicine. And you are right, poor Guille. But that "poor Guille" mentality is part of his problem.

But it was also that "poor Guille mentality" that made him quit playing vs. Horna so as not to make his injury worse. Am I the only one sensing maturity here? *GG paces and realizes she must be alone in this matter.*

AnYwAy :rolleyes: ....he's gonna try his damnest to play the stupid Olympics. Ok so maybe it ISN'T stupid, but damn, damnit! I don't think he should play. He said he'll die if he misses it. yeaaaaaaaah I need to stop typing now....

boliviana
07-31-2004, 02:12 PM
Guille comes across as complicated to me. And I have to wonder who advises him and how much he listens. If he knew Friday that his shoulder was hurting when he served and it was getting worse, then he should have pulled out of the tournament entirely. (and they didn't practice any serving before they got on a plane from BA to Toronto . . . they were hoping everything was okay?? that is a BIG hope) They (he) had to know it wasn't getting any better. He has to pull the trigger and stay out until he heals completely.

I think commentators make a big deal about him looking smaller, and that he is weak, etc. I don't think the other players buy it at all. He gives whoever he is playing a hard time. There are no easy points off of him when he is on his game. He makes up for physical size with brains and speed.

What players don't like about him is how he whines about calls (he doesn't do that as much these days) and how frequently he calls trainers out to check on him . . . he has a reputation for using trainers to catch his breath and break the other guy's momentum . . . or at least that is the suspicion.

He needs a couple of clean tournaments with no shenanigans - just straight play and nothing else. I feel the same way about Justine Henin-Hardenne. There is always some issue with her - the hand goes up, or she has cramps or there are funky calls, etc.

kandykane
07-31-2004, 03:52 PM
i agree with you kandy!!!!
:hug:

yeah, guille's been whining a lot this year :rolleyes: but his fans like us don't really mind; and he's been hurt on court a lot :mad: well, we are all pretty frustrated about this.
unless he's gonna listen to what we are saying on here, i don't think there's much point of arguing what he should have done or what he shouldn't have done.
and, boliviana, i really hate it when pple compare guille to Justine, :) no offence to you, but i think it's rather an insult to him.

Guille's Girl
07-31-2004, 04:32 PM
I know you got this before but...I agree with you Kandy!!!! YOu can't compare Justine to Mago :rolleyes: Doesn't Justine have like....3 GS titles? I can't give her RG or the AO. Those were shaky. And what? Guille whines right, but nobody minds if someone is shouting at the chair ump, swearing at the top of their lungs, breaking racquets, taking too long at change overs, and ya know, I ain't gon' NAME nobody heh heh heh but trust....nah, I ain't gonna go into it....but if anyone saw Kiefer vs. Moya a few days ago :haha: Guille is an :angel: :haha:

kandykane
07-31-2004, 04:36 PM
:sad: they didn't show that match here, they say it's one of the best in this tournament. BUT i did watch that Federer-Santoro match!! lol, i found it funny seeing federer all frustrated, hehe.... way to go Santoro

boliviana
07-31-2004, 04:54 PM
Yes they showed Santoro and Federer on ESPN here. It was a good match and it was the second match in a row that suggested Roger is in fact beatable . . . the final (if it's Fed vs Rod) could be Roddick's chance against him. Roddick seems pretty good this week.

Back to mago . . I'll concede that my comparison of him to JHH is harsh - too harsh probably BUT I really believe he needs a couple of clean tournaments under his belt . . . he goes, he plays, he wins, plays hard, no trainers, no "stuff" . . . he needs it mentally more than anything and it'll shut commentators up and other players too.

dkay
07-31-2004, 04:57 PM
Lots of players whine about calls etc - it all adds to the variety and fun of tennis. It would be very boring if everyone was the same. I don't suppose he cares too much what the other players think. He just wants to win!! It does seem to alienate the media however :wavey:

Guille's Girl
07-31-2004, 04:59 PM
Well for those who didn't see it, Kiefer was frickin' BALISTIC. He kept screaming, shouting at the chair ump, and crap! If you think Guille can complain? No, uh uhn, nope, Kiefer is on another level! Hell he even got a warning, he was even shouting at the Ump when he won a point! I mean LITTERALLY SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS PEOPLE. It was quite a sight to see indeed! :haha: The Ump was even laughing it was so ridiculus!! :haha:

fabolous
07-31-2004, 05:03 PM
eurosport sometimes shows the top ten of complaining tennis players....really funny! i think roddick is my favourite there.

mordicus18
07-31-2004, 05:11 PM
*traitre*

fabolous
07-31-2004, 05:15 PM
he is my favourite because it is funny to see him screaming and shouting at the ump :)

mordicus18
07-31-2004, 05:56 PM
guillermo is an actor when he plays - he wants all the public to be with him :)

Guille's Girl
07-31-2004, 06:34 PM
Back to mago . . I'll concede that my comparison of him to JHH is harsh - too harsh probably BUT I really believe he needs a couple of clean tournaments under his belt . . . he goes, he plays, he wins, plays hard, no trainers, no "stuff" . . . he needs it mentally more than anything and it'll shut commentators up and other players too.

A "couple" of "clean" tournaments liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike....*GG thinks REALLY hard...* Monte Carlo? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannd Buenos Aires???? Or how about Nasdaq? Sure he didn't win it, but nobody had anything on him there...

mordicus18
07-31-2004, 07:47 PM
during rg2004, a french journalist very boring ask guille about a lot of things, and guille spoke about the best tournaments he thinks, rg and montecarlo. and after the interview, the journalist added guille said montecarlo was one of the best coz he won it :rolleyes:

Guille's Girl
07-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Eh duh? He wouldn't say Indian Wells would he? :rolleyes: :haha: Dumb journalist.

mordicus18
07-31-2004, 09:58 PM
:crazy:

boliviana
08-02-2004, 02:22 PM
A "couple" of "clean" tournaments liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike....*GG thinks REALLY hard...* Monte Carlo? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannd Buenos Aires???? Or how about Nasdaq? Sure he didn't win it, but nobody had anything on him there...

When I wrote he needs to play a clean tournament, it was referring to the need for no more drama or injuries or whatever. I think he has been mentally or emotionally off since Hamburg, and even during Hamburg he was just not himself. I don't care what the result is (yes I want him to win) but it would be nice to see him happier and less concerned about whatever it is that rumbling through his head.

When you start having injuries or you get sick like that, it starts to play with your head. He needs to break the cycle and you gotta wonder if pushing it at Cincy makes sense 'cause in your mind you see a repeat of Toronto and that would really suck.

kandykane
08-02-2004, 03:20 PM
well, he's not playing cincy, so... there would be no repeat