Eddie Murphy Could play The Riddler in the next Batman movie ''Gotham'' [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Eddie Murphy Could play The Riddler in the next Batman movie ''Gotham''

Iván
12-18-2008, 03:34 PM
I think this will work, Murphy will have to give a dark comedic performance, something he hasnt really ventured into in the past.

Should be interesting.

http://blog.themavenreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/coming-to-america-eddie-murphy1.jpg

FUNNYMAN EDDIE MURPHY will play The Riddler in the next Batman movie, The Sun can reveal.

The Beverly Hills Cop star, 47, has been signed up by British director CHRISTOPHER NOLAN to reprise the role played by JIM CARREY in 1995’s Batman Forever.

Gotham villain ... Eddie Murphy

The surprise move follows speculation linking Pirates of the Caribbean star JOHNNY DEPP to the part.

The film, set for a 2010 release, is being developed under the working title Gotham.

Execs have also signed up rising Transformers star SHIA LABEOUF, 22, to play Robin.

CHRISTIAN BALE will return as Bruce Wayne, while MICHAEL CAINE will again play Bruce’s assistant Alfred.

Meanwhile, Brit RACHEL WEISZ is said to be up for the Catwoman role.

Insiders also revealed to The Sun the flick will end on a cliffhanger over whether Batman survives a blast at Wayne Towers.

Nolan had been tight-lipped about the future of the Batman films after being rocked by the January death of HEATH LEDGER — tipped to receive a posthumous Oscar for his role as The Joker in The Dark Knight.

A film insider said: “Chris wasn’t sure if he wanted to do another movie but as soon as he decided to, he got the wheels in motion.

“Eddie’s a fantastic addition. Everyone’s excited to see what he does as the Riddler.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2048300.ece

Shia Lebouf was made for Robin, perfect cast.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/lyia111/shia.jpg

~*BGT*~
12-18-2008, 05:01 PM
It was supposed to be Johnny Depp :bigcry: But I like Shia as Robin. :)

finishingmove
12-18-2008, 07:18 PM
:spit:

TMJordan
12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
It was supposed to be Johnny Depp :bigcry: But I like Shia as Robin. :)

I find this comment racist.

ClaudiuS
12-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Murphy in a Batman movie as a villain, that would be hilarious.

LinkMage
12-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Johnny Depp would have been a much better decision.

scoobs
12-18-2008, 07:29 PM
I hope the tone remains dark and gritty - the last thing we need is this reboot lurching the way of the last set of films, with gimmicky casting and no sense of direction. If Murphy has the part, he'd better be able to nail it and make the Riddler scary and believable.

jonathancrane
12-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Awful news. Only the part about Rachel Weisz makes sense
The asshole Lebouf doing Robin? Murphy as The Riddle? What's next? Tom Hanks as Killer Croc?

LinkMage
12-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry if this sounds racist, but I can't imagine the Riddler as a black man. :o

finishingmove
12-18-2008, 07:52 PM
murphy rules but lebouf is one of the most annoying things that have emerged recently

q.j.
12-18-2008, 07:58 PM
http://screenrant.com/batman-rumours-eddie-murphy-riddler-shia-labeouf-robin-ross-4673/
not gonna happen

i'm a bit indifferent on the Murphy casting but Shia....:spit:

i've read somewhere else that the the thing with Weisz is on the other hand a real deal, and looking back at Nolan's casting history it's not a surprising choice, i think that she along with Eva Green and a less known younger German actress that was in Control, is the perfect choice, still, Rachel being the perfect-est:lol: of them all :hearts:

scoobs
12-18-2008, 08:02 PM
I'd bring back Michelle Pfeiffer, frankly - she was the best thing about the previous movie franchise, hands down, and I bet she could still pull off that catsuit.

Ivanatis
12-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Murphy in a Batman movie as a villain, that would be hilarious.

agreed, I think he might be what they need to make this movie at least almost as successful as the previous one was
cannot say anything about the Robin actor

q.j.
12-18-2008, 08:09 PM
I'd bring back Michelle Pfeiffer, frankly - she was the best thing about the previous movie franchise, hands down, and I bet she could still pull off that catsuit.

she was incredible and i adore her
but her catwoman, a bit wacky, wouldn't really fit in Nolan's world
perhaps with a different scenario

Black Adam
12-18-2008, 08:37 PM
I am not certain that's even true. It would be a bad way to finish (actually, kill the batman franchise) to have a batman film with Murphy and a Robin.

Robin is gay and I remember Nolan saying a few years back that he wasn't interested in the whole Robin idea. I don't believe his opinion of the Robin character has changed and I sure as hell don't want Robin around. It's too cheesy.

adee-gee
12-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Eddie Murphy is an absolute genius, I have faith in his ability to pull off any role.

He's been in a lot of shit movies recently, time for him to come up with a belting performance. Whatever happens, Coming To America remains one of the all time great comedies.

Kolya
12-18-2008, 10:54 PM
What a surprise!

The Riddler is like my favourite Batman villain.

But I don't know about casting Murphy.

Iván
12-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Eddie Murphy has denied he will be in the next batman

Fucking Tabloids suck

jonathancrane
12-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Eddie Murphy has denied he will be in the next batman

Thank God

Thanos
12-19-2008, 02:11 PM
for fucks sake the two most annoying actors in one movie christian bale and shia lebouf. im so sick of their faces. its seems every movie i watch nowsdays one of them is in it!!!

Richard_from_Cal
12-19-2008, 04:10 PM
I find this comment racist.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04Gc2hz4JF3PG/340x.jpg

Throws dust in air, walks away from thread.

---------------------------------afterthought---------------------------------

Came back from a tete-a-tete with the mirror. I could play a better Joker than Mr. Murphy.