The Free love thread! (lets go rep crazy) :devil: [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Free love thread! (lets go rep crazy) :devil:

Fumus
07-30-2004, 03:56 PM
:)

Havok
07-30-2004, 04:47 PM
They both aren't playing near their best tennis so it's just a testament to how good they really are that they're the only seeds out of the 16 left:lol: Who knows Roger has been hitting tons of errors (well tons compared to his norm) and Andy hasn't been so great, though I guess he really turned it up vs Chela but nobody got to see that match :o Who knows, it can go either way, I gotta see more of them playing in this tournament before I have an idea of who will win.

tangerine_dream
07-30-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure what to think, either. Neither of them are playing great. Roger is not cruising the way he was at Wimbledon and Andy's looking lazy to me. Guess we'll have to wait till they meet in the final to find out how they do. :D :banana:

Also, if Andy loses again---but the match ends up being a close one like Wimby---is it still a potential "rivalry" or just a flat-out ownership? ;)

Fumus
07-30-2004, 05:18 PM
oohh shush Tan. Roger may own Andy but, he'll never take his fight away!! lol Seriously both these guys are just snnooozin, when they meet in the final, I am sure Andy will get up for it. Then if Andy beats Roger we will hear, Roger was tired that's why Andy won bla bla.

I am excited though, you know Roger vs. Andy is what I want to watch all day everyday. Andy played Rogi alot better last time, so I hope we will see that again. Brad's got the game plan, I know.

Deboogle!.
07-30-2004, 05:32 PM
If they meet (Which well, they should since there's no one left in the draw that should be able to beat either of them quite frankly), I really just have no clue. No clue.

tangerine_dream
07-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Oh, Andy definitely has the fight and the killer instinct! Not even Roger will be able to take that away from him. :) But it will be interesting to see how their dynamic is when they meet up again so soon after the Wimbledon match. Will Roger be feeling more confident or more worried? Will Andy still come out blazing or will he try a different tactic?

The thing that separates Andy from everybody else is that he never defeats himself before the match starts. I can see it in other players' eyes and body language when they walk out on the court and they have to play someone like Roger: they are already done for. But not Andy. Andy's swagger could possibly make Roger question himself (esp. on the Canada hardcourt where Andy last beat him). And unlike a lot of other players (Kiwi, Moya, Hewitt, for example) the more someone beats him, the more pissed off Andy gets. He doesn't shrivel up into a fetal position when he loses, not matter how much Fedex (the troll; not the tennis god ;) ) wishes that would happen. :devil:

Fumus
07-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Oh, Andy definitely has the fight and the killer instinct! Not even Roger will be able to take that away from him. :) But it will be interesting to see how their dynamic is when they meet up again so soon after the Wimbledon match. Will Roger be feeling more confident or more worried? Will Andy still come out blazing or will he try a different tactic?

The thing that separates Andy from everybody else is that he never defeats himself before the match starts. I can see it in other players' eyes and body language when they walk out on the court and they have to play someone like Roger: they are already done for. But not Andy. Andy's swagger could possibly make Roger question himself (esp. on the Canada hardcourt where Andy last beat him). And unlike a lot of other players (Kiwi, Moya, Hewitt, for example) the more someone beats him, the more pissed off Andy gets. He doesn't shrivel up into a fetal position when he loses, not matter how much Fedex (the troll; not the tennis god ;) ) wishes that would happen. :devil:

Yea, I think if that rain wasn't the way it was at Wimbly Andy would have had a better chance, Roger got to regroup, but that's over and gone. So looking the future Andy just needs to go out and grab the match. He can't play comfertably, he has to play alittle risky. haha, he has to talk to Melzer, and get some tips on how to steal a match out from under someone before they know whats happened. Andy needs to Melzer Roger's ass!! :)

Gonzo Hates Me!
07-30-2004, 06:34 PM
Roger seems very tired. Andy seems very erratic. They are both being very lame. I hope they meet, and make sweet love... to my eyes

Melzer :drool: :drool: :drool: is he not the cutest thing since Snuggle the laundry bear thing?

and Hernych, ugh. Guga woulda been playing Andy today--woulda, coulda, shoulda--BLAH. I am MAD :mad: MAD!

Fumus
07-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Measly Melzer!?! ...good god!!

Mrs. Guga, do you think that elves are cute? haha

Fumus
07-30-2004, 06:49 PM
actually are'nt Master series finals best of 5 sets.

Deboogle!.
07-30-2004, 06:50 PM
some of them are Fumigator but not this one or Cincy

Fumus
07-30-2004, 06:52 PM
Bunk appears...haha, you don't think she is around and then you ask a question...*mystical sound* Bunk appears...haha

Deboogle!.
07-30-2004, 07:00 PM
my pleasure Fumigator, but you know the rules:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/trolls.gif

Fumus
07-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Did you see me talking to it....lol...no I wasn't...lol...haha, alright so I quasi fed the troll...lol fed(like Federer)...too corny for own good!

Fumus
07-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Bunk one thing I do know about this match, is that there will be a tie-break! I didn't need a crystal ball for that!

Fumus
07-30-2004, 07:13 PM
la-la-la, I am not sure if someone said anything...it's just sounds kinda like whispering..oohhh hoo humm...

superpinkone37
07-30-2004, 07:58 PM
lol u guys crack me up--- anyways i think andy want revenge really bad now but we will have to wait and see

Fumus
07-30-2004, 08:07 PM
Wow...someone delelted all of Kiwi's posts, lol, there is a god!

tangerine_dream
07-30-2004, 08:31 PM
Wow...someone delelted all of Kiwi's posts, lol, there is a god!

The mods are doing great at banning the trolls this time of year. :worship:

http://www.hfboards.com/images/smilies/goodmod.gif

RoddickBabe10
07-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Man oh man! Once again ya'll are making me nervous! haha you guys' posts, about this final, are making my blood boil :fiery: you know, cuz I want our boy to take revenge reallyyy bad haha. It's just amazing, you know, how the final is between the world's #1 and #2 on the soil where Andy last beat Fed. It makes me wanna :banana: I'm so excited!

Hopefully, it'll be a long, nail-biting match (preferably with Andy winning hehe)

RoddickBabe10
07-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Wait, I'm assuming the final is between Fed and Andy...? haha

andyroxmysox12191
07-30-2004, 10:31 PM
i'm not sure. who knows whats gonna happen? maybe someone will pull an upset before the final :devil:
but i dunno. i kinda have a feeling that it's gonna be like wimby cept with a different outcome :banana: though i do like seeing mad roger... he's cool :yeah: lol

RoddickBabe10
07-30-2004, 10:35 PM
:yeah: andyrox, i like mad roger as well! But I like mad Andy even better! haha he's so cute when he gets mad or yells. Like the one on Fumus' av! hehe

TinyT
07-31-2004, 01:30 AM
once i saw the title of this thread, i was like, i gotta post :devil: i hope andy steps up his game a bit, and doesn't rely solely on power to get him through. i think this should be another great match :wink:

elusive
07-31-2004, 12:36 PM
YEAH im sooooo looking forward to that match! another intensifying episode of THE rivalry :) i really would like to see andy beat roger fair and square. roger is great, but yep i definitely want andy to get him back for wimby!

i hope both players can step up to their top form soon..and give us another exciting match. (but andy PLEASE win! :D )

tangerine_dream
07-31-2004, 02:16 PM
Yep, I'm jonesing for a Roger re-match too! My two faves, the nos. 1 and 2 battling it out again. *pre-orgasms* :banana: I hope this happens all summer long. :devil: I'd also love to see a Tommy re-match. :cool:

Hurray! Andyrox brought her tennis doughboy back. So cuuuute, I missed him. :hearts: :worship:

Deboogle!.
08-01-2004, 12:45 AM
Well here we goooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nishy
08-01-2004, 12:47 AM
Go Andy!

Keep focus and overpower Roger! lol

tangerine_dream
08-01-2004, 12:51 AM
:woohoo: :dance: :bounce: :banana: :woohoo:
ANOTHER ANDY & ROGER FINAL COMING RIGHT UP !!!!!!
:woohoo: :dance: :bounce: :banana: :woohoo:

**orgasms**
aaaaahhhhh! :smoke:

PinkFeatherBoa
08-01-2004, 12:55 AM
:rolls: Tangy is clearly not pleased about this.

Well here we go again :banana:, best of luck to Andy!

andyroxmysox12191
08-01-2004, 01:41 AM
GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOO ANDYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:
roger vs andy....roger vs andy......roger vs andy *repeats 200 million times* :banana: :bounce:
good luck to both of em! i expect nothing less than a 3 set final :banana:

TinyT
08-01-2004, 01:49 AM
lmao tangy, ur avater :worship:

Fumus
08-01-2004, 03:35 AM
I think Andy is breaking out the shirt for the final! ;-)

Fumus
08-01-2004, 03:36 AM
Andy can win. This is his best shot at beating Rogi so far this year, Roger clearly hasn't been at his best, the match is yours Andy reach out and take it!

J. Corwin
08-01-2004, 04:58 AM
Andy...you can do this!!! :worship:

star
08-01-2004, 05:13 AM
I think Andy is breaking out the shirt for the final! ;-)

The shirt will never appear!!

I love the black shirt. It's hands down the best thing he has ever put on.

Now he just needs it in more colors.

superpinkone37
08-01-2004, 06:08 AM
yeah i like the outfits he has been wearing--- nice and simple. btw gooooo andy!!! its time to win another match to be a part of the rivalry. i really think andy can beat fed tomorrow!!!!

RoddickBabe10
08-01-2004, 06:58 AM
WoOhOo!!! Andy and Fed in the finals!!! :yeah: :banana: I am so excited!!! But sadly :( I won't get to see the damn match. Of all the days :bigcry: I have to go to church with my family, it's the finals with ANDY and Fed :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: Oh no, no, no, I cannot take this!!! I will see it when I get home but it won't be as fun to see liiiive!!! Ahhhh :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Please, guys, promise me you'll post some great analysis, just in case I get too nervous to see the video. Pleeease...

superpinkone37
08-01-2004, 07:18 AM
i dont think they are gonna show it live anyways...i gotta go to church w/ my family too.... anyways when i was watching my tape of andy's match from today (i was gone when they showed it on tv and so i had to tape it) they said tomorrow it will be on at 2:00 pacific on tv and 5:00 eastern, when the actual match will take place at 2:00 eastern (according to the canada masters website) so if i did get this info right there is a three hour tape delay, which is really stupid but at least i wont have to tape it because church will be long over by then lol. maybe it might be best if someone can confirm this info cuz i am not always right......

RoddickBabe10
08-01-2004, 07:23 AM
Your lucky then superpink, i go to church with my family only once a month, and we leave the house at 7 am and get back at 9 pm or so. The church isn't long but the "quality time" thing is.

God, I can't believe I'm missing his finals match against Fed! Andyyy win win win! I'm so :sad: Maybe I shouldn't show up at my parents' house tomorrow :devil: after all, it's not too late... hmmm...

superpinkone37
08-01-2004, 07:29 AM
wow church and then all day long quality time? the closest i get to that is dinner and tonight we went to see The Village though i mostly hung out with my cool cousin ( i call her beyonce cuz when she does her hair a certain way there is a definate resemblance lol, btw the movie was way different from what i expected so u should go see it if ur into that kinda thing) anyways i hate all the stupid tapedelays it would be so much more fun to watch it live cuz i am not one who can watch a match on tv without checking the score on the net even if the tv is only a few games behind. how can i be cheering for a match when the outcome is already revealed? but i guess its better than nothing....

Aleksa's Laydee
08-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Good Luck Andy i really hope you win :D

Deboogle!.
08-01-2004, 02:00 PM
yea, superpinkone, we're getting it three hours delayed in the US. The match is at 2 eastern and it's on ESPN at 5 eastern :o

TinyT
08-01-2004, 03:28 PM
i agree with the tape delay thing superpink. and yeah, the village, not exactly my cup of tea :p

RoddickBabe10
08-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Will any of you guys be able to know who wins live? Because ESPN just plain sucks!

Proph
08-01-2004, 07:43 PM
FUCK!!!!!!!!!

Deboogle!.
08-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Oh well... at least he fought the whole time. Couldn't raise his game enough.

RoddickBabe10
08-01-2004, 07:48 PM
WHAT HAPPENED? he lost or something?

RoddickBabe10
08-01-2004, 07:48 PM
someone answer meeee

Deboogle!.
08-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Roger won 7-5 6-3 one break in each set.

Proph
08-01-2004, 07:53 PM
yeah.... *sigh*

but at least he and Roger were hilarious about it :lol:

MaitaBaby
08-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Yeah, too bad he lost :tears: but it was fun seeing him being funny about it.

Deboogle!.
08-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Andy's always gracious and funny when he loses. That's one of the reasons a lot of us are fans :)

blah I'm not even gonna bother watching this match lol

TinyT
08-01-2004, 08:56 PM
this makes me :sad: . i thought it was gonna be a wimbledon rematch. oh well :rolleyes: , his game just wasn't there. *prays that federe gets injured so he can't play for rest of the year* :angel:

Nishy
08-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Oh Andy lost.
I am very disappointed right now. :sad:
I will watch this match now on TV and see what happened.
Near in the future Andy can beat Roger!
But I also like Roger though.

Hope Andy can defend USO title this year.

tangerine_dream
08-01-2004, 09:13 PM
I'm disappointed now because the rivalry I wanted so badly just isn't to be :sad: Roger has other ideas about a "rivalry", I guess.

It's a shame some of the Fed fans can't be more gracious about Roger winning. The guy's got an amazing record and they still can't stop gloating and acting obnoxious. Why are they so insecure? :confused:

Well, Andy's still one of the best players but Roger's on a different level all by himself. Too bad he couldn't defend his title this year. At least he made the finals three years in a row, which is quite an accomplishment. :yeah:

Better luck at the Olympics and USO Andy! Take care of your health and be confident. :banana: :worship:

TinyT
08-01-2004, 09:19 PM
i agree, tangy.as much as i wanted andy to win so we can start calling it a "rivalry", as long as andy can defend his USO title and win the olympics it's all good. :D

Deboogle!.
08-01-2004, 10:03 PM
It's frustrating that Andy couldn't play his best tennis today... he definitely tried his hardest but it's just too bad. He seems distracted on court and just off. I mean the fact that he had double the errors of winners and it was a 7-5 set just makes you wonder "what if...." but it's done, it's over.

And obviously it's NOT a rivalry. one win, especially when a lot of people don't even consider that one legitimate anyway ( :rolleyes: ) doesn't cut it. I don't even get nervous for Andy/Roger matches anymore b/c my gut just knows he'll lose. I suppose it makes the losses easier to handle lol...

It just makes me *sigh* that Andy is struggling during this time of year... I just hope he can stay healthy and eager.

Shy
08-01-2004, 10:10 PM
It just makes me *sigh* that Andy is struggling during this time of year... I just hope he can stay healthy and eager.
Look at it this way.Roger will have to defend a lots of point next year.So,it will be wide open for Andy. I miss the match because I went to the gym.:sad:

Deboogle!.
08-01-2004, 10:26 PM
lol I don't care so much about defending points... I just want Andy to be healthy and happy and playing well and stuff and just for the past couple weeks even though he's had good results, he seems "off" and I'm not sure why.

It doesn't sound like the match was that great anyway. I'm not even watching...

Nishy
08-01-2004, 10:34 PM
Look at it this way.Roger will have to defend a lots of point next year.So,it will be wide open for Andy. I miss the match because I went to the gym.:sad:

I thought the same thing.

And I know exactly what you feel.
It is not rivarily right now but still I believe Andy can beat Fed and can make good rivarly.

Hope his back is not so serious.

Nishy
08-01-2004, 10:37 PM
I just want Andy to be healthy and happy and playing well and stuff

I think so too.

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-01-2004, 11:07 PM
ugh, I am devastated! But congrats Rogi! Sad for Andy , man

star
08-01-2004, 11:13 PM
this makes me :sad: . i thought it was gonna be a wimbledon rematch. oh well :rolleyes: , his game just wasn't there. *prays that federe gets injured so he can't play for rest of the year* :angel:

Don't pray for injuries Tiny T. That's bad karma. :)

superpinkone37
08-01-2004, 11:38 PM
ughhh my cousin stole the mouse and keyboard from my computer so i couldnt get the live score. they say whats the point of watching a match on tv (i would have watched it either way anyways) but i say whats the point of cheering and getting my hopes up if the real match is long over. anyways im very upset that the score wasnt closer, though it really was only one break per set. for those who chose not to watch the match, andy had to call a trainer to have his lower back worked on at the beginning of the second set. he said his back froze up for about two games but in the end didnt affect his play. i bet it did a little bit but hes not gonna say that of course.anyways i must go and sulk for the rest of the day, no jk...lol. but this is not a rivalry anymore...as much as i hate to say it and im sure most of us dont wanna admit it --- fed definately owns andy. 7-1 is major ownership[\

TinyT
08-02-2004, 12:40 AM
true star, thanks for pointing that out. :)

RoddickBabe10
08-02-2004, 04:03 AM
OKay, obviously, I didn't see the match but bunk and proph posted before I left for church and realized that Andy lost. I didn't even bother to record it. Anyways, I have some questions: SOme of you said he was funny about it. How? haha I want details... pleeease? hehe and What's up with his back? Will he be able to play at Cincy?

Lastly, as much as I love Andy... I'd say Roger is in a different level of tennis right now. He is unbeatable right now and even though I don't want to say this, he is DEFINITELY owned by Roger. But hey, it still could be a potential rivalry if Andy steps up his game.

Deboogle!.
08-02-2004, 04:36 AM
Well in his interview he said "Congrats Roger but you're really getting annoying" or something to that effect. You know Andy, he's a gracious loser and he adds humor to it, perhaps to deflect his own disappointment, I'm not sure. He puts on a good game face when he has to make a speech or give an interview (which he ALWAYS does when he loses big matches, unlike many players who refuse to talk to the press), but I'm sure he lets out his disappointment somehow.

He said to the ESPN guys after the interview that the work the trainer did on the injury time out helped a lot, so hopefully with a day of rest and work from Doug he'll be good to go.

Of course.... Mirnyi isn't quite the guy to face if you've just had a disappointing loss and some back trouble..... but we'll just hope for the best. He didn't say anything about not playing cincy but at that point the match had just ended so he wouldn't have decided that at that point anyway. But if he were going to pull out I think he would've done it by tonight, or by tomorrow morning at the latest.

Andy is in the unlucky position of being good at the same time as Roger... and I don't think there's a damn thing he can do about it but try to just be the best HE can be. He can only worry about himself; he can't do anything about other people around him.

elusive
08-02-2004, 11:15 AM
hey i couldnt catch the match and i just read the result...

I FEEL SO AWFUL FOR ANDY

this must feel horrible for him..not even being able to lose properly..i guess he knew he wasnt playing well. and him being all nice and dignified with defeat makes me feel even more miserable :sad:

congrats federer. you have just convinced me that you are a brilliant player

get well soon andy. i still love you lots.

*mopes*

BelgianWaffle
08-02-2004, 11:57 AM
hey everybody,

just wanted to say that I feel sorry for andy because it was such a great match and he lost but fed was just "extraterrestre" as my french commentator said ;)
Anyway he was very gracious in defeat (whatever those idiots in GM say about the thing at the net blah blah) and I'm sure he won't let it get to him too much..

Better next time! :kiss:

Deboogle!.
08-02-2004, 01:41 PM
aw thank you BelgianWaffle :hug: Nice of you to come down here and say hi :)

Fumus
08-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Andy just didn't play his best yesterday. Roger did play his best, he played his A game. It looked like Andy really just got discouraged after those 3 bpts he missed in that one game. Overall Andy played pretty clean tennis, he started out shaky with alot of errors but, that didn't really concern me. What concerned me was Andy keeping the rallies going instead of going for winners when he was given the chance....

All that said, I still think Andy can beat Roger on any given day. Theres are alot of positive things I noticed while I watched this match. Andy was able to pressure Roger by S&Ving. Andy was able to make Roger cough up errors off his backhand side. It looked to me as if Andy was probing for weaknesses.

I think Andy played the best he could at Wimbly and that match could have gone either way. Yesterday Andy played well, good enough to beat anyone else in the world maybe, but not Roger. It is my theory that for Andy to beat Roger he must take Roger's rythmn away. Andy must go for winners after 1 or two shots. It's risky play but, it could win...

So Andy if you are listening, yesterday's play won't cut it to beat Roger. You won't beat him by playing conservative. You have to go for winners, you are not Hewitt, you can't beat him by playing that way.

WINNNERS!!! Then atleast you lose it on your racquet and not Rogers!!

Deboogle!.
08-02-2004, 02:09 PM
You should send that to Brad :)

TinyT
08-02-2004, 02:09 PM
good analysis :clap2: . whenever i get competitiv, i go by the philosophy, "fight fire with fire". i think it might do roger some good to get a taste of his own medicine. but then again, he might be too good for that :mad: i don't know, andy, we love you anyway, even if you lose to the number 1 player in the world!! that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Fumus
08-02-2004, 02:23 PM
good analysis :clap2: . whenever i get competitiv, i go by the philosophy, "fight fire with fire". i think it might do roger some good to get a taste of his own medicine. but then again, he might be too good for that :mad: i don't know, andy, we love you anyway, even if you lose to the number 1 player in the world!! that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Yea, it really is fighting fire with fire but, I know that Andy has to play super agressive to win. The margin for error is soo small for him, if you play too defensive, it's like trying to move a mountain with your bare hands. So Andy needs to get agressive, get in that friggin' Roddick bull-dowser, push down the throttle, and not look back. It's his only shot, I hope Andy plays him again this weekend.

I think it's sorta like Federer vs. Nalbandain, Fed couldn't beat Nalb forever, but, he figured out how to. There's answer to the Federer puzzle, after Roddick solves that monster 60,000 peice jig-saw puzzle for once, doing it again won't be as hard. After all Andy solves puzzles all the time, he's a damn good puzzle solver! haha :p He's just got to solve that Federer puzzle, then once he does who knows, this rivalry could turn around. :D Confidence is everything, and Federer is on a roll right now. Andy just needs to steal some of that fire back! :cool: :) ;)

TinyT
08-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Yea, it really is fighting fire with fire but, I know that Andy has to play super agressive to win. The margin for error is soo small for him, if you play too defensive, it's like trying to move a mountain with your bare hands. So Andy needs to get agressive, get in that friggin' Roddick bull-dowser, push down the throttle, and not look back. It's his only shot, I hope Andy plays him again this weekend.

I think it's sorta like Federer vs. Nalbandain, Fed couldn't beat Nalb forever, but, he figured out how to. There's answer to the Federer puzzle, after Roddick solves that monster 60,000 peice jig-saw puzzle for once, doing it again won't be as hard. After all Andy solves puzzles all the time, he's a damn good puzzle solver! haha :p He's just got to solve that Federer puzzle, then once he does who knows, this rivalry could turn around. :D Confidence is everything, and Federer is on a roll right now. Andy just needs to steal some of that fire back! :cool: :) ;)

i think that you should listen to bunk and send your analyses to gilbert ;) i agree, andy needs to re-ignite some of the flame he had last year that allowed him to win USO. and the more experience andy has with fed, the more he'll know what to expect, the closer he gets to beating federer.

Fumus
08-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Yea, Brad and I are like this *crosses fingers*, we real cool! Brad and I go see raiders games and run shirtless on the beach...(ewww Brad..put a shirt on your hairy ass!!) lol, yea lemee see what I can do about e-mailing my thoughts to BG!!

TinyT
08-02-2004, 02:39 PM
he'll probably be like, "what the ?????" ;)

Deboogle!.
08-02-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm serious, Fumigator, you should send them to Brad. there's an email addy on his site somewhere. While you're at it, tell him to get Andy to be more aggressive on the return, too, k? ;)

Fumus
08-02-2004, 02:53 PM
E-mail to Brad. Askbrad@Bradgilberttennis.com

Subject: Beating Federer

Brad,

I noticed in yesterday's match in Montreal Andy was a lot more reserved and defensive against Federer, at least it appeared that way. I didn't think that was as effective as Andy going for his shots like he did in Wimbly! If Andy wants to beat Roger don't you think he needs to disrupt Roger's rhythm and not let him play his game? (I mean, by going for quick strikes, 1,2 punches for winners and coming to net, instead of long rallies where Federer can own Andy.)

A big fan of "Winning Ugly",

-Ryan Martin (NTRP 3.5 player)

Deboogle!.
08-02-2004, 02:59 PM
:yeah:

TinyT
08-02-2004, 03:01 PM
if brad replies, could you post it here?

Fumus
08-02-2004, 03:04 PM
sure will but, I looked at the ask Brad section and there are no questions about Andy doubtful he will answer but, if he sees it that's awesome!

Deboogle!.
08-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Sometimes he replies.. dunno if it's actually him but when I wrote to that address jokingly about Andy's diet someone who signed an email "BG" wrote back :haha:

Fumus
08-02-2004, 03:05 PM
plus, I will go on Brad hunt at USO, and corner him and make him answer my questions, lol! Hopefull, I will transribe some of that stuff for you!

Federer Fan
08-02-2004, 03:07 PM
I can not believe what Andy said at the end of the match. He said "You're such a fu*king dickhead, Jesus Christ". What type of professionalism is that? Anyone else hear that?

TinyT
08-02-2004, 03:08 PM
oops, wouldn't it be funny if brad starts talking about a "new strategy" and it just "happens" to be yours :p

Fumus
08-02-2004, 03:08 PM
um....Federer Fan..:confused:

Deboogle!.
08-02-2004, 03:18 PM
I can not believe what Andy said at the end of the match. He said "You're such a fu*king dickhead, Jesus Christ". What type of professionalism is that? Anyone else hear that?

:yawn: there are not one but TWO Threads about this on General Messages, where even people who dislike Andy admit that this is not what happened. Go there and read those threads and leave us alone? Ok, bye now :bigwave:

Fumus
08-02-2004, 03:30 PM
thanks for handling that one Bunk, I didn't even see that.

I believe with all my heart, just as Andy probably does that he can beat Federer. It's more of a mental thing. Federer maybe the most talented player but, he's not my favorite. Andy has the fire, he has the will you can't break. All I want to see is for Andy to get another shot at Fed this weekend! So good luck to both, I want to see it happen!

TinyT
08-02-2004, 04:34 PM
i can't think of any1 who's not interested in seeing it, heck, even my dog probably wants to. ;)

tangerine_dream
08-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Hi BelgianWaffle :wavey: Thanks for your comments.

Great e-mail Fumus. :yeah:

Oh look, Kiwi-Fan is back. :rolleyes: One more stupid post from you, my friend, and you'll end up in Ban Hell along with the rest of your trolling usernames. You have been warned.

Fumus
08-02-2004, 05:15 PM
haha Tangy! :kiss: muah! Tangy do you still believe that Andy has the talent to beat Fed even when both are playing their best? or am I the lone believer?

Jennay
08-02-2004, 05:15 PM
*sigh* I'm afraid I have to bring out the sign.

mitalidas
08-02-2004, 05:37 PM
:yawn: there are not one but TWO Threads about this on General Messages, where even people who dislike Andy admit that this is not what happened. Go there and read those threads and leave us alone? Ok, bye now :bigwave:

i do not think andy said that!! but i honestly did hear something like "too f*****g good" something like that, whose connotation is quite different (and very complimentary ) from the rumour

RoddickBabe10
08-02-2004, 05:57 PM

:banana: :banana: :banana: You couldn't have said that any better :worship: :bowdown: :worship:

Fumus
08-02-2004, 06:31 PM
hmmm...Roddick babe...thanks for the banana and the worship but, if you want show your love for me you should good rep me. Don't worry no pressure, I know alot of girls like to wait before they good rep people, you know for the right guy and all, it's perfectly normal to do that.....lol..except Tangy...she's the MTF Bicycle...j/k...Tangy you know I love you!! hahaha...

Jennay
08-02-2004, 06:34 PM
:rolleyes: Fumus I repped you before, I guess you never saw :o

Fumus
08-02-2004, 06:57 PM
ooohhh yes, you did..aww I'm sorry, you know I love you Jenny...muah! :banana:

Jennay
08-02-2004, 06:59 PM
:p

Fumus
08-02-2004, 07:12 PM
but you got reppped so you are good!

tangerine_dream
08-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Tangy do you still believe that Andy has the talent to beat Fed even when both are playing their best? or am I the lone believer?

Of course Roger can be beat but the problem is that he's light years ahead of everybody else whereas everybody else is still on a learning curve.

Andy simply needs to continue improving and upping his game. And I've noticed that he's starting to dosomething that not many players should be doing: adjusting their game according to their opponent. Agassi does not do this, which is why he was always beat by Pete (beat by Pete! Hee! I made a rhyme). Most players just stick with their one game plan and are too afraid or uncertain of switching gears when they see that their plan of attack is not working. They also have the same m.o. for every player they meet which they should not do. I believe players should adjust their games according to their opponent's strengths. The one thing that really kills Andy in his match-ups with Roger is Roger's brilliant passing shots. Andy's gotta learn to approach the net correctly without giving up so much court space.

And Fumus, you're not whoring around enough because I haven't gotten a good rep from you in ages. (same to you, Naldo! where's my banana?) ;)

Am watching the Fish/Agassi match on live scoring. Mardy took the first set. Yay. So excited. Can you tell? http://dpforums.com/forum/images/smilies/neutral.gif

Fumus
08-02-2004, 07:26 PM
Tangerine lightning...lol..ok that's corny...Tanger Will Robinson...yea that's better, lol you are right about Andy, but you agree he needs to take the ball off Roger's racquet and put it on his, one or two shots, and he should make it about how consistant he can be with winners and not about how can make Roger error, I don't like that plan. I also don't like Andy going toe to toe with Roger from the baseline, that's bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, Roger owns Andy from the BL unless Andy is going for winner city.

Federer Fan
08-02-2004, 08:30 PM
I think Roddick's problem is that get so frustrated with Roger. Andy works so hard and Roger seems to do it effortlessly. I think with time and patience this "rivalry" will actually become one. This happens in tennis all the time. Time will be on Andy's side. It is always easier for the runner up to catch up then for the front-runner to maintain the lead. Look at the Chrissy/Martina or Steffi/Monica or Pete/Agassi rivaries. Andy will have his time but it will be an uphill battle.

mitalidas
08-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Time will be on Andy's side. It is always easier for the runner up to catch up then for the front-runner to maintain the lead. Look at the Chrissy/Martina or Steffi/Monica or Pete/Agassi. Andy will have his time but it will be an uphill battle.

I agree with that. but the danger is that as Andy improves to get closer to Roger, Roger will improve as well. Moreover, OTHERs (Nadal, Gasquet) will catch up with Andy, and yet others who are injured or headcases (Ferrero, Safin) will also get their fair share

The problem now is that Roger is doing stuff he trained himself to do for years and years, while others are going to have to make very large adjustments at this stage to get to him -- very tough I would imagine

Dirk
08-03-2004, 12:55 AM
Andy doesn't have long with his game. Sure he could go for all out winners but he will be making errors and he won't do that. Andy is too intense and competitive to just shake off errors. He did this plan at Wimbly and he made errors partly due to it and partly because Rogi's defense sent the balls back deep cutting down Andy's time to do his big swing. Rogi doesn't allow Andy to play his best while he is playing his best. Rogi's returning and defense negates Andy's serve and forehand.

Its way too early to tell how Nadel will turn out. Writing Marat off is sensible. JC he will come back he is too good. He is just having a bad year. His injuries don't seem too serious. David he will always hurt himself and Coria will have a short career too unless he changes his diet.

star
08-03-2004, 12:57 AM
aaaaahhhhhhhhgggggggggggg

Who left the garbage out???!!!!

Deboogle!.
08-03-2004, 12:59 AM
OMFG STAR!! DEATHING!! DEATH DEATH DEATH!

PinkFeatherBoa
08-03-2004, 01:08 AM
Oh Star! :bigcry:

tangerine_dream
08-03-2004, 02:14 AM
aaaaahhhhhhhhgggggggggggg

Who left the garbage out???!!!!

rotflmao!!! :rolls:

mitalidas
08-03-2004, 02:44 AM
hi Dirk... nice to see that we both traipsed off onto the a.r. forum to give our $.02. I guess its true that andy has improved a lot, but there are only so many things that he can counter. Rogi's preternatural talent is probably not one of them..
I would love to see Rogi make his already out-acing-the-big-servers serve stronger, in addition to its precision

what is coria's diet, btw?

Andy doesn't have long with his game. Sure he could go for all out winners but he will be making errors and he won't do that. Andy is too intense and competitive to just shake off errors. He did this plan at Wimbly and he made errors partly due to it and partly because Rogi's defense sent the balls back deep cutting down Andy's time to do his big swing. Rogi doesn't allow Andy to play his best while he is playing his best. Rogi's returning and defense negates Andy's serve and forehand.

Its way too early to tell how Nadel will turn out. Writing Marat off is sensible. JC he will come back he is too good. He is just having a bad year. His injuries don't seem too serious. David he will always hurt himself and Coria will have a short career too unless he changes his diet.

Fumus
08-03-2004, 02:55 AM
He did this plan at Wimbly and he made errors partly due to it and partly because Rogi's defense sent the balls back deep cutting down Andy's time to do his big swing. Rogi doesn't allow Andy to play his best while he is playing his best. Rogi's returning and defense negates Andy's serve and forehand.

What? haha Did we watch the same match? Andy was in control up a set and a break. Don't get me started on that match, Dirk, Federer was on his backfoot, he could have lost that one, and certianly not in control like you are saying. I think if the rain delays didn't occur the way they did the match would have been different. I know Roger had time to think and rethink and regroup. If it didnt rain he could have easliy gone down two sets, atleast. So don't give me the whole Roger is too good thing, how did he lose the first set Dirk? Did he negate Andy's serve and forehand there too, lol? I suppose Roger beat himself there, just like everytime he loses. What about last year in montreal did he negate Andy's serve and forehand then too? lol, if Roger was as good as your make him sound, he wouldn't lose games to Andy. The fact is Roger loses games to Andy just like everyone else does, Roger loses sets to Andy just like everyone else. Roger has just played the bigger points better for the most part, the tbs, the bps, and set points. Roger doesn't crush Andy when they play, sunday's 7-5, 6-3 match was the biggest beatdown Roger has given Andy. Still that match was competitive and close even by most stardards. Besides that match the rest have gone to TB's in atleast one set. If Roger could diffuse Andy's power so easily it wouldn't have had to go there. Andy can play his game on Roger, he just needs confidence against him, and he just needs to step up his game with Roger on the big points.

Fedex
08-03-2004, 04:20 AM

:worship: :worship: :worship: :bowdown: :bowdown: Great words, Dirk. :yeah:
In just a few words i have to add:
When Federer and Andy both play their best, Federer is simply much too good for Andy. Andy dosent have the talent to even come close to beating an inform Federer. And Federer's game can STILL improve. Safin will always be a bigger threat to Federer, for instance because of his outstanding talent, and weapons that Andy simply dosent have.

Havok
08-03-2004, 04:21 AM
*sigh*

Fedex
08-03-2004, 04:25 AM
Dont bring up the Montreal match, Fumus. Roger was incontrol and blew it. Up 4-2 and 2 points from breaking again for 5-2.

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-03-2004, 05:58 AM
Andy has plenty of time with his game. It's possible that Andy can have a long and successful career yet not be as dominating as Federer. Just because Andy lost to Federer yet again does not automatically mean: Andy will have a short career. Like, fucking shoot me if I hear that shit again. He is no. 2 in the world. He has won 2 of the last four tournaments he played, and has been to the finals of all those tournaments. He is a stellar athelete. When you compare Andy to Federer, yes, he looks like an amateur player. But lest you forget, Andy can beat the rest of the tour when he's on a turf that he is really comfortable with, even when he's playing like shit. You can't judge Andy's career by comparing him to Federer, 'cause Federer conquers ALL, so that says absolutely nothing about one player in particular.

As for the rest of what you said, it's true, ya know. And I like to hear someone say, "it's too soon to tell about Nadal." I might have to rep you for that. But back to Andy--he seems hopeless with Roger, and that's part of his problem, imo. But there will be a match when he'll have some hope... things will be working well, and he can beat him. It happened before, it just won't happen all the time-- well, who knows, you said "too soon to tell" about Nadal, so, it can be too soon to tell about anything I would say--things can always change, or not

Andy doesn't have long with his game.

RoddickBabe10
08-03-2004, 06:39 AM
Federer is absolutely great. He is an awesome tennis player and is the BEST on tour right now, no doubt about it. But, people, he will be beaten at one point in his career. He won't always be number one. Sure, he is definitely dominating right now, but what's to say in the next two years or so? Anyone can beat anyone on any given day. Federer is human and so is everyone else, he is not invincible like alot of people make him out to be. I like Federer and I think he deserves everything he has now and I absolutely like his game :worship: But You can't judge Andy's career by comparing him to Federer, 'cause Federer conquers ALL, so that says absolutely nothing about one player in particular. :worship:

Chloe le Bopper
08-03-2004, 06:55 AM
And I like to hear someone say, "it's too soon to tell about Nadal."

Sure, they used to say that about Fed too ;)

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-03-2004, 07:00 AM
No, they said, "will he ever get his head together?" and "will he ever be consistent?" ;)

Dirk
08-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Becky normally I wouldn't mind such talk but since Nadal is only 18 its way too early to put that kind of expectation on him. He was very impressive in the bit of the Hewitt match I saw. I wouldn't advise you to not bet the farm on him but just make sure you have insurance. ;)
Fumus, clearly you don't understand how Rogi turned that Wimbly match around. Yes Andy was doing everything right in the 1st set. He was blowing Rogi off the court. One of the reasons for that was because Rogi was hitting too many short balls back to the baseline which gave Andy the time to move in and whap them with his huge power strokes. Rogi was pretty much playing like Serena did with Maria for the 1st part of that match. When Federer increased the depth of his shots more as he did in the later part of the match Andy's accurately went off because he didn't have time to pull off the the big swing. Of course Andy made his fair share of errors that were unforced on his own. I'm shocked that Rogi didn't give more credit to the depth he added to his shots, he just talked about his S&V game in terms of turning the match around. Andy was playing beyond his best and once Rogi raised his level Andy could no longer keep up. Andy could have won that match and I thought he would after Federer lost his 4-0 lead in the 2nd set. Who knows if Andy would have won it had there not been another rain delay, that match was a rollercoaster so to say he would have won the 3rd set and then the 4th is pushing it. Winning a set and a break doesn't win you a match. Winning 2 sets doesn't win you one either. Rogi won the 3 sets so he was the champion. The rain delay didn't put anything new in Rogi's mind. He had it in his head all along, he just brought it to his pals. He might have changed his game after the next change over for all we know, but its useless to play revisionist history, especially since Andy wasn't a victim here.

Coria doesn't take vitamins because is he scared that will be something else then they should be, but he doesn't from what I read have an alternative to obtaining those vitamins through a diet of some sort. I hope to god for his sake he comes up with something otherwise his body will give out.

I can't see how Andy will have a long career with his game. Maybe I am wrong but his brutal big hitting and huge serving grinding style can't be good for his body long term.

Oh and the beatdown in the Masters Cup was pretty bad too. 7-6 (2) 6-2 and the Basel 02 was bad too 7-6 (5) 6-1. Like I said before Fumus Andy is on the right path but it will take some time. Since he only meets Rogi in finals it will be very difficult to catch him on a bad day, because Rogi really tries his best in the final.

star
08-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Good! This can be the official Andy hating thread and now the people who just feel the need to be uhhhhh...... inform us of Andy's shortcomings can have a place to vent, cause goodness knows that opportunity isn't available to them in GM. Poor dears.

And it can double as the Federer fan page too. :)

:wavey:

WyveN
08-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Good! This can be the official Andy hating thread and now the people who just feel the need to be uhhhhh...... inform us of Andy's shortcomings can have a place to vent, cause goodness knows that opportunity isn't available to them in GM. Poor dears.

And it can double as the Federer fan page too. :)

:wavey:

Your inability to handle any sort of Andy criticism in this part of the forum (where exactly is this Andy hating in this thread?) has me worried about your mental state, take a deep breath and relax, you don't have to click on this thread if you dont want to.

Its to early to begin saying how this "rivalry" will end up in the long term, Lendl was leading Mcenroe 7-2 at one stage of their careers before Mcenroe won the next 10 meetings.

Dirk
08-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Star I am just responding to my friend Fumus. I can go anywhere I want in this forum and you have the same freedom. I have no problem with you telling me to fuck off if I came in here and posted vulgar comments about Andy but we both know that my posts here have never been about that. I am here just to comment on the topic of what more can Andy do. I was actually defending him by saying he is on the right path and will get more and more chances to beat Roger as he improves which he is doing. I was also defending his game plan both at Canada and Wimbly. In my eyes he did nothing wrong he simply lost to the best player.

Star if you don't wish to read any more of my posts then you can always put me on the ignore list. I've done it to Tangy and I must say life here at MTF and especially back at the Federer Forum where I don't have to even see that phony has never been better, so I do recommend it.

Deboogle!.
08-03-2004, 01:57 PM
yea star, seriously.... Can we not feed them please!

Fumus
08-03-2004, 02:07 PM
No more thread. This thread is dead. :)

tangerine_dream
08-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Star if you don't wish to read any more of my posts then you can always put me on the ignore list. I've done it to Tangy and I must say life here at MTF and especially back at the Federer Forum where I don't have to even see that phony has never been better, so I do recommend it.

:haha: Life is wonderful living in ignorance bliss, isn't it Dirky Jerky? I don't blame you for putting me on ignore. I embarassed you terribly in your own "home"--the Fed forum--and you had absolutely no leg to stand on over there. I actually pitited you (but then I started laughing again and felt better).

BTW, how's your ass feeling, Dirk? Is it still bleeding? :rolls: :devil:

No more thread. This thread is dead.

Aww, Fumy. :sad: I like Roger vs Andy Part VII. Can't we just rename the thread? Maybe: Roger kicks Andy. Or, Roger owns Andy....or, Roger's Favorite Bitch Thread? ;)

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Rogi at Wimbly = Serena vs. Maria? lol. Well, I truly don't think that Andy was playing beyond his best that day--Maria was playing her best. His serve game wasnt completely on. The points he was winning werent free points. He was playing intelligent tennis, anticipating shots and not trying to blast winners, but really measuring well his winners and executing them well. But I still dont think it was immaculate Andy and Rogi still beat Andy at his best, b/c I think Andy playing beyond his best is when he is really being intelligent with his shots, and his serve is working great 'cause then he must be a bit invincible. That's why I was so happy he won the 1st set, b/c he still could have played a better 1st set.

And Andy kept up the whole match Dirk. To say Andy couldnt keep up with Roger anymore is funny because Andy didnt roll over and die. In fact, Andy had the upperhad and just kept losing it. Roger won the second set on one little point where one little stroke of the ball was miraculously too good. The third set was decided by a tiebreak which Andy was pretty half-assed about. And the fourth set, talk about depressing. Andy had five or six break points, and was just not able to convert. Roger gets some dinky break chance and he breaks. Andy's head wasn't completely focused. Maybe he was dwelling too much on losing the 2nd set. But it was a wayward match Dirk. Roger wasn't TOO good again. That match was definitely not the best example of Rogi being too good, there are some WAY better examples. :) I think Andy definitely helped him out by wussing out, as well, Rogi raised his level and started playing like the Rogi we all know and love.

As for the rain delays, they are so dumb b/c they are reasons for people to have excuses. I dont hate them for the waste of time they create, but that they are everyone's favorite excuse for a loss. Rogi doesnt have a coach. Andy does. It bothers me that Andy lost his head some after the rain delays. Well, maybe Rogi got refreshed during the rain delay by Mirca, ;), who needs a coach when you got a girlfriend!

Fumus, clearly you don't understand how Rogi turned that Wimbly match around. Yes Andy was doing everything right in the 1st set. He was blowing Rogi off the court. One of the reasons for that was because Rogi was hitting too many short balls back to the baseline which gave Andy the time to move in and whap them with his huge power strokes. Rogi was pretty much playing like Serena did with Maria for the 1st part of that match. When Federer increased the depth of his shots more as he did in the later part of the match Andy's accurately went off because he didn't have time to pull off the the big swing. Of course Andy made his fair share of errors that were unforced on his own. I'm shocked that Rogi didn't give more credit to the depth he added to his shots, he just talked about his S&V game in terms of turning the match around. Andy was playing beyond his best and once Rogi raised his level Andy could no longer keep up. Andy could have won that match and I thought he would after Federer lost his 4-0 lead in the 2nd set. Who knows if Andy would have won it had there not been another rain delay, that match was a rollercoaster so to say he would have won the 3rd set and then the 4th is pushing it. Winning a set and a break doesn't win you a match. Winning 2 sets doesn't win you one either. Rogi won the 3 sets so he was the champion. The rain delay didn't put anything new in Rogi's mind. He had it in his head all along, he just brought it to his pals. He might have changed his game after the next change over for all we know, but its useless to play revisionist history, especially since Andy wasn't a victim here.

Jennay
08-03-2004, 03:29 PM

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-03-2004, 03:35 PM
I have know Dirk for too many years to think of him as a t****, lol, whatever a troll even is!

Sorry, I am so sick of that word! What is it anyway? I start posting here again and everyone on MTF is using "t****?" What's a t****? Whatever it is, can we change the name?

Deboogle!.
08-03-2004, 03:41 PM
We'd rather not have this trash in our nice friendly fun forum, but as long as we reply to them, they have an audience and will keep coming. We'd like to avoid this.

Hence, the ignore feature is a beautiful beautiful thing.

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-03-2004, 03:42 PM
What does the ignore feature do? Can you not see the poster?

Deboogle!.
08-03-2004, 03:44 PM
yea you see that someone posted but you have to click the "View Post" link to show the post specifically. Of course, when you quote it, I get the opportunity to read it that way, should I so desire :p

andyway it makes MTF a much happier place. for me...

Fumus
08-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Yea could I avoid seeing mrs. guga's avatar...lol j/k Mrs.Guga, Pete was a sexy beast...lol...

Dirk
08-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Mrs. Guga the serena maria comparison was for the first set only. Serena hit so many short balls which Maria ate up and for the 1st set Rogi was feeding them to Andy. Andy couldn't keep up with Rogi that is why he was worn out by the end of the match while Rogi just needed a tissue to wipe his brow.

I don't know why you Andy fans get mad at me. I have defended him well by saying he is on the right path and its the truth. Just give it time, but there are no sure things. One thing is for sure. Andy can't take another loss or two to Rogi are he is really done. Rogi is now in the position to banish him from the tour just like Pete did to Andre. Brad and Andre's egos weren't big enough to be on the tour without the top spot and Andy and Brad are no different.

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Screw you Fumus! :(

Well Dirk, I guess we can disagree about the Wimbledon match. I dont think it became a matter of Roddick couldnt hang with him.

And Brad Gilbert is COCKY, that's blatantly clear. Andy can have an ego, but he is not COCKY. And I have seen many arrogant things come from Rogi's mouth. He has said more arrogant things than Andy, and I have noticed this about Roger since 2000 before he even had his head together. I dont have a problem with arrogance, but if you do, then look at Roger too. And dont compare Andy to Andre. Andre has said rude, dispicable things in his career. Andy hasnt. Maybe you dont like his on court demeanor, but, that doesnt say alot

Deboogle!.
08-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Mrs. Guga..... I'm begging you :)

TinyT
08-03-2004, 05:36 PM
:worship:
And Brad Gilbert is COCKY, that's blatantly clear. Andy can have an ego, but he is not COCKY. And I have seen many arrogant things come from Rogi's mouth. He has said more arrogant things than Andy, and I have noticed this about Roger since 2000 before he even had his head together. I dont have a problem with arrogance, but if you do, then look at Roger too. And dont compare Andy to Andre. Andre has said rude, dispicable things in his career. Andy hasnt. Maybe you dont like his on court demeanor, but, that doesnt say alot

amen Mrs. Guga :worship:

Fumus
08-03-2004, 05:48 PM
guys there's no more thread here for a reason....I didn't like where the thread was going...Mrs.Guga, Tiny T, everybody else...please just end it, it's pointless.

Gonzo Hates Me!
08-03-2004, 06:08 PM
you shouldn't let people bother you so much that you'll just submit yourself

anyway, I don't care, I have a plane to catch. Bye

Dirk
08-03-2004, 06:54 PM
If Andy couldn't hang with him then why did he lose Mrs. Guga? Rogi is not arrogant you Mrs. Guga. Name for me some quotes.

RoddickBabe10
08-04-2004, 06:35 AM
hmmm...Roddick babe...thanks for the banana and the worship but, if you want show your love for me you should good rep me. Don't worry no pressure, I know alot of girls like to wait before they good rep people, you know for the right guy and all, it's perfectly normal to do that.....lol..except Tangy...she's the MTF Bicycle...j/k...Tangy you know I love you!! hahaha...

I know this thread is long done but I just really need to ask this :lol:

Fumus, I wanna "show my love for you" so I wanna good rep you and the others, but I don't know how :confused: :haha: So tell me how :scratch:

Deboogle!.
08-04-2004, 02:20 PM
RoddickBabe, underneath the person's username there are a couple of little square icons. The one in the middle is yellowish and looks like a little face talking. Just hit that and do the rep :)

Fumus
08-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Wow Bunk, you know how to do that? lol, I wouldn't have known...;)

actually you repped me yesterday, so yea that was called for

Jennay
08-04-2004, 06:18 PM
So close to my fourth shiny dot :banana:

J. Corwin
08-04-2004, 06:34 PM
I couldn't spread love to you Jen. :p

I gave some to Fumigator though. :banana:

Jennay
08-04-2004, 06:36 PM
:sad: No loving from Jacey :sad:

:p

TinyT
08-04-2004, 06:39 PM
this might be a dumb question, but is it possible to find out who reppd u? i kno it's ditz-worthy, but i'm new to the forum and don't know :sad:

Jennay
08-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Just go to USER CP, the top of the page on the left :)

TinyT
08-04-2004, 06:43 PM
thankers jennay :hug:

Jennay
08-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Any time :yeah:

Fumus
08-04-2004, 06:51 PM
It's the ever changing thread, :cool: FREE LOVE! :crazy: :apumpkin:

Jennay
08-04-2004, 06:56 PM
Time to get our love on :rocker2:

Fumus
08-04-2004, 06:59 PM
You must spread some love around before giving it to Jennay again.

andyroxmysox12191
08-04-2004, 07:00 PM
i slutted around too much today :(

Jennay
08-04-2004, 07:00 PM
You've given out too much love in the last 24 hours. :lol:

papasmurf11
08-04-2004, 07:01 PM
hahah nice signature Fumus I thought it was pretty funny when andy said u missed a spot too!

Fumus
08-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Papa smurf...you just repped!

Jennay
08-04-2004, 07:11 PM
I can't give love to anyone :ras:

papasmurf11
08-04-2004, 07:13 PM
I cant rep you back have to rep some other people first stupid system! :ras:

Fumus
08-04-2004, 07:21 PM
Jen you already have four shiny dots, and you have been here for like a month, I have been here since Jan and I have the same as you.

Is it just me or was the rep system recently discovered. I don't remember it being a cool thing a couple months ago.

Jennay
08-04-2004, 07:24 PM
:lol: Fumus I know where to get the love ;)

I actually just figured out what reps were last week :haha:

superpinkone37
08-04-2004, 07:25 PM
hey!!!! i want some lovin'!!!! lol

Fumus
08-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Jen I thought I was your only lover! I am going to love SPO now!

Jennay
08-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Fumus I have many lovers, you didn't know? :tape:

Fumus
08-04-2004, 07:29 PM
damn....well I have been feeling itchy and all..hahaha ;)

Jennay
08-04-2004, 07:30 PM
:o

Wasn't from me ;)

tangerine_dream
08-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Is it just me or was the rep system recently discovered. I don't remember it being a cool thing a couple months ago.

The rep thing is new to MTF. COMA from WTA brought it up in non-tennis and then one day, star showed up here with four green dots. We all got jealous and said, "Hey! Where can we get some dots?" and star told us so then everybody when rep-happy (or banana happy ;) :banana: The next thing I know, everybody at MTF is suddenly getting lotsa green dots. See what star started? (or COMA, actually) :cool:

LCeh
08-04-2004, 07:36 PM
But what about Billabong? I thought he started it? Since he had always been the rep points leader?

Fumus
08-04-2004, 07:42 PM
wow, yea, I just remember when Star had two dots and I was like wtf are those?

Fumus
08-04-2004, 07:43 PM
now Star is at the highest level of beyond repute.

Fumus
08-04-2004, 07:44 PM
But what about Billabong? I thought he started it? Since he had always been the rep points leader?

You just got repped by the Fumigator!

Jennay
08-04-2004, 07:45 PM
*Doesn't remember that*

I guess thats expected since I've only been here for a month or so :lol:

Jennay
08-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Fumus your going totally apeshit on the posting lately aren't you? :lol:

Fumus
08-04-2004, 07:53 PM
yea well I am up 2,000+ and I was all physed about that. The I looked at bunks profile and I realized that's what she averaged daily, haha, so I am trying a bit harder now.

Jennay
08-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Yay 2000+! I'm at 300 something ;)

Fumus
08-04-2004, 08:00 PM
I remember my first 600...those were the good old days when people made fun of Roger, and posted what they felt, that was the golden age of the forum. Now adays it's all about reps, and Andy bashing...lol...

Jennay
08-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Haha aww...

Allez my new USTA card just got here :banana:

Deboogle!.
08-04-2004, 08:11 PM
yea well I am up 2,000+ and I was all physed about that. The I looked at bunks profile and I realized that's what she averaged daily, haha, so I am trying a bit harder now.

:o

RoddickBabe10
08-05-2004, 06:41 AM
How come my rep thing doesn't work? Although, Bunk, I did what you told me :scratch: Now, I'm really confused. LOL

If anyone cares, I only have two green dots, so does that mean people repped me? LOL, I don't understand this at all. And the vCash thing also. If anyone would like to explain... pleeease do. LOL

Fumus
08-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Yea Jen, I got my new USTA card too, it's nicer, thicker and the picture is prettier. I just have to sign the back of the card. I should sign it Mart(short for Martin, no relation to that vulcan Todd), cuz Andy signs his name Rodd. And I want to be just like Andy...hahahahaha.... :b

Proph
08-05-2004, 02:32 PM
:lol:

TinyT
08-05-2004, 02:50 PM
How come my rep thing doesn't work? Although, Bunk, I did what you told me :scratch: Now, I'm really confused. LOL

If anyone cares, I only have two green dots, so does that mean people repped me? LOL, I don't understand this at all. And the vCash thing also. If anyone would like to explain... pleeease do. LOL

RoddickBabe, i learned this from Jennay: if you want to see who reppd you, go to User CP at the top left of your screen, and scroll down. there's gonna be a list of people who reppd you and etc. about vCash, i don't really mess with that!! lol, it's not my thing :D hope that helped a little!

andyroxmysox12191
08-05-2004, 03:59 PM
i agree with the USTA card :yeah: it's so much better than it was before. we got ours like 2 days ago or something.

Jennay
08-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Yea Jen, I got my new USTA card too, it's nicer, thicker and the picture is prettier.
Yeah they are definitely nicer! :D

I just have to sign the back of the card. I should sign it Mart(short for Martin, no relation to that vulcan Todd), cuz Andy signs his name Rodd. And I want to be just like Andy...hahahahaha.... :b
OMFG :haha: you are such a dork..

elusive
08-05-2004, 04:15 PM
ok, whats all this rep business :) someone pls explain to ignorant little me how you rep someone?

lots of pple i want to rep. definitely. im proud to be an andy fan cause from what i have seen from this forum in my pathetic days as a member, the andy fans are the zaniest, most real, and have the greatest personalities! so far ive never witnessed any bashing from andy fans. in fact, its great how andy fans are not afraid to show admiration for other players and howcouldiforgetallthe HILARIOUS THREADS around here. they crack me up like crazy! :D

the level people stoop to at other forums truly disgust me. thanks everyone around for making me feel more than welcome...i was a little hesitant about posting at first. but now....:D:D:D im trying to sneak time here everyday!

i can never understand how all the faces like fumus, bunk, jennay seem to have all the time in the world! you guys seem to LIVE in front of the comp. (no offense:))

Jennay
08-05-2004, 04:19 PM
ok, whats all this rep business :) someone pls explain to ignorant little me how you rep someone?

lots of pple i want to rep. definitely. im proud to be an andy fan cause from what i have seen from this forum in my pathetic days as a member, the andy fans are the zaniest, most real, and have the greatest personalities! so far ive never witnessed any bashing from andy fans. in fact, its great how andy fans are not afraid to show admiration for other players and howcouldiforgetallthe HILARIOUS THREADS around here. they crack me up like crazy! :D

the level people stoop to at other forums truly disgust me. thanks everyone around for making me feel more than welcome...i was a little hesitant about posting at first. but now....:D:D:D im trying to sneak time here everyday!
To rep someone, you click the little cream colored box under someone's name that looks like someone talking. You put in a little message or smilies and click the "OK" button or whatever lol.

:lol: Us Andy fans are the best :yeah:

i can never understand how all the faces like fumus, bunk, jennay seem to have all the time in the world! you guys seem to LIVE in front of the comp. (no offense:))
DEATH!!!! :bigcry:
No offense taken. I'm on the computer alot during the summer. :D But sadly in 4 days school starts so, blah. ;)

andyroxmysox12191
08-05-2004, 04:28 PM
i think almost everyone is on the computer a lot over the summer ;) this site is like my homepage :bigcry: my brother always complains that i'm ALWAYS here so *middle finger* to him :angel:
i'm happy you feel :D :D :D here elusive :hug: glad to have you here too :banana:

TinyT
08-05-2004, 04:53 PM
when i initially joined i never thought i was gonna be as glued to this forum as i am!! granted, i don't post much, but i do love reading some of the comments people write. they're freakin hilarious!

Fumus
08-05-2004, 04:56 PM
yea....I also got my special passes to USO. It's the US open restraunt, I guess you can only get into this resturant with these tickets...soo mighty cool indeed.

Yea, I am at work when I post and I take time in between coding, and running around and fixing comps to post silly stuff, trash trolls, and fight for truth & justice in the American way.

Deboogle!.
08-05-2004, 05:09 PM
yea I'll be gone as of um... TOMORROWWWWWWWW

but for sure, I live at the computer over the summre :)

Fumus
08-05-2004, 05:14 PM
Bunk that does it..I am making a thread for this...;)

Deboogle!.
08-05-2004, 05:14 PM
you're making a thread for what? :confused:

Fumus
08-05-2004, 05:19 PM
haha...too late

J. Corwin
08-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Free love the hippy way!! :rocker: :smoke:

I gave ya some, TinyT and elusive :secret:

TinyT
08-05-2004, 05:56 PM
guess i'll hafta spread it to u, jackson ;)

Jennay
08-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Jacey I gave you some lovin' :banana:

andyroxmysox12191
08-05-2004, 06:38 PM
i can rep!!!! it said i slutted too much though.....hmmmm,...

tangerine_dream
08-05-2004, 06:53 PM
when i initially joined i never thought i was gonna be as glued to this forum as i am!!

I heard that. I haven't even reached my one-year anniversary at MTF and already I feel like I've been here for years.

Andy, Roger, my other faves, and MTF have become my escapism mechanism. It's gotten so that I'll check these boards before I read the morning news! :tape:

superpinkone37
08-05-2004, 07:05 PM
i think almost everyone is on the computer a lot over the summer ;) this site is like my homepage :bigcry: my brother always complains that i'm ALWAYS here so *middle finger* to him :angel:
i'm happy you feel :D :D :D here elusive :hug: glad to have you here too :banana:

exactly!!!!!! i am like always on here, i guess that is one good thing about my sister not being allowed anywhere the computer anymore cuz she used to bug me for always being on here.

MisterQ
08-05-2004, 07:57 PM
:wavey: ;)

Jennay
08-05-2004, 08:36 PM
:wavey: MisterQ :D

andyroxmysox12191
08-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Q!!! :hug: :wavey: nice to make an apperance ;)