ATP Admins = geniuses: "Who has the best seve on the ATP World Tour?" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ATP Admins = geniuses: "Who has the best seve on the ATP World Tour?"

elessar
12-18-2008, 01:01 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/home/

Poll Options:

Rafael Nadal: :yeah:

Roger Federer:

Novak Djokovic:

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga:

Andy Roddick:

Ivo Karlovic:

Other:

Nearly a hundred fangirls have already voted Rafito :worship: can't quite compete with the fedfanboys though as Roger leads comfortably. I'm once again awed by the tennis knowledge of the ATP website designers and its visitors.

Arkulari
12-18-2008, 01:29 AM
I love Rafa, but he doesn't have the best serve on tour, not by a long shot :o

federernadalfan
12-18-2008, 01:29 AM
best serve not roger, got to be dr. ivo (ranking 26 because of it)

NinaNina19
12-18-2008, 01:33 AM
Nadal is on here but Murray isn't?

l_mac
12-18-2008, 01:36 AM
:haha:

Claire, I thought you went to bed 3 hours ago. :lol:

Nadal's serve is the most underrated shot in tennis :shrug:

GlennMirnyi
12-18-2008, 01:39 AM

Claire, I thought you went to bed 3 hours ago. :lol:

Nadal's serve is the most underrated shot in tennis :shrug:

That's because it sucks. :D

elessar
12-18-2008, 01:40 AM
Couldn't sleep, I wanted to check some dates and this hurt my eyes on the opening page :shrug:

It is very underrated indeed, most people think it's not even a top 100 serve while it's clearly top 90, maybe even top 80.

l_mac
12-18-2008, 01:41 AM
Couldn't sleep, I wanted to check some dates and this hurt my eyes on the opening page :shrug:

Uh-huh.

It is very underrated indeed, most people think it's not even a top 100 serve while it's clearly top 90, maybe even top 80.

Top 5.

l_mac
12-18-2008, 01:41 AM
That's because it sucks. :D

Thank you. I'm always willing to learn :hatoff:

fast_clay
12-18-2008, 01:44 AM
i read a stat once on MTF that said all of the other players mentioned in the poll would love to have Nadal's 2nd serve...

GlennMirnyi
12-18-2008, 01:45 AM
Top 95.

True.

Corey Feldman
12-18-2008, 01:45 AM
the best seve :crazy:

elessar
12-18-2008, 01:46 AM
i dont get it... i read a stat once on MTF that said all of the other players mentioned in the poll would love to have Nadal's serve...
Guy Haines :worship: Linda's alter ego.
To be fair he/she didn't specifically mention the players in the polls, just talked about "98% of the tour"

l_mac
12-18-2008, 01:46 AM
i read a stat once on MTF that said all of the other players mentioned in the poll would love to have Nadal's 2nd serve...

It's true.

Arkulari
12-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Rafa's serve is his least powerful shot and it doesn't have that much variety :shrug:
Dr Ivo and Duck have the most powerful one, but they also lack variety :shrug:
I do like Djoker, Muzza and Roger as servers ;)

l_mac
12-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Guy Haines :worship: Linda's alter ego.
To be fair he/she didn't specifically mention the players in the polls, just talked about "98% of the tour"

I like Guy Haines.

elessar
12-18-2008, 01:48 AM
I like Guy Haines.
What a narcissist :rolleyes:

GlennMirnyi
12-18-2008, 01:49 AM
From that poll:
- Karlovic
- Tsonga
- Federer
- Roddick

- Faker

- Massu

- Sela

-Nadull

l_mac
12-18-2008, 01:50 AM
From that poll:
- Karlovic
- Tsonga
- Federer
- Roddick

- Faker

- Massu

- Sela

-Nadull

It pains me when you are like this.

fast_clay
It's true.

:spit:

i actually produced a skid mark from that post imac...

how much are you paying Guy...? i'll double it for you to leave him alone and not encourage his crack habit....

Arkulari
Tsonga has a nice serve as well, thanks for reminding me Gu ;)

elessar
Rafa's serve is his least powerful shot and it doesn't have that much variety :shrug:
Rubbish
IWWPG6-fOks&feature=channel_page
Dr Ivo and Duck have the most powerful one, but they also lack variety :shrug:
Rubbish also Ivo can eat any serves he wants.

GlennMirnyi
12-18-2008, 01:54 AM
It pains me when you are like this.

When I'm exposing you the truth?

Arkulari
I do consider Rafa's serve as one of his weakest shots :shrug:
it's obvious Rafa's not gonna serve all the time in the exact same place, but he usually doesn't change much his serve from one player to another, he serves almost the same for everybody :shrug: that's why I say he doesn't have as much power or variety as Muzza or Roger :o

Dr Ivo and Andy serve aces all the time, they have tons of power and good ball placement, but they lack variety on it :shrug:

l_mac
:spit:

i actually produced a skid mark from that post imac...

how much are you paying Guy...? i'll double it for you to leave him alone and not encourage his crack habit....
He's made huge improvements on serve this year. Barry Cowan told me. If it was on TV it must be true.

I'm sure Guy Haines was basing his/her post on official ATP statistics.

I really don't have the energy to defend Rafa from biased detractors in the off season. I'll have a tough 4 months at the start of next year. Need to keep myself fresh.

l_mac
12-18-2008, 01:55 AM
Rubbish
IWWPG6-fOks&feature=channel_page

Rafa's serve has more variety than the patter his haters come out with.

:zzz:

l_mac
12-18-2008, 01:56 AM
When I'm exposing you the truth?

When you're exposing me to your bitter hate. :sad:

Arkulari
12-18-2008, 01:56 AM
I don't hate Rafa (he's one of my DC matador Armada guys!) but gotta have a bit of objectivity once in a while :shrug:

Liking a player doesn't mean you have to be blind and think he's perfect, everyone has qualities and flaws and it's how they work out on improving them what makes them true champions ;)

Rafa is an excellent player, but not all his shots are THAT good, he keeps improving day by day but his serve is still one of his weakest points :shrug:

Once he puts some more power on his service and starts some good variation on it, it'll be just as good as his forehand on clay :D

GlennMirnyi
12-18-2008, 01:57 AM
Nadull's serve has a lot of variety.

He changes the side of the court he serves in after each point.

:worship:

GlennMirnyi
12-18-2008, 01:58 AM
When you're exposing me to your bitter hate. :sad:

Just the truth.

fast_clay
12-18-2008, 02:13 AM
He's made huge improvements on serve this year. Barry Cowan told me. If it was on TV it must be true.

I really don't have the energy to defend Rafa from biased detractors in the off season. I'll have a tough 4 months at the start of next year. Need to keep myself fresh.

you gotta keep the guns well oiled though... cant let 'em get rusty from non use...

but you are right, i mean... its a long way till red dirt land... and we gotta get through a shit load of hard clay before that...

l_mac
12-18-2008, 02:16 AM
you gotta keep the guns well oiled though... cant let 'em get rusty from non use...

but you are right, i mean... its a long way till red dirt land... and we gotta get through a shit load of hard clay before that...

It's my favourite time of the year. Sure, I can do smug-fangirl. But I prefer over-sensitive defensive fangirl.

I hope KaxMisha comes back :sad: He owes me a reply from April. :(

Henry Chinaski
12-18-2008, 02:17 AM
Ivo could serve with his dick, using his patented air-fuck celebration technique and still have the best serve on tour

federernadalfan
12-18-2008, 02:53 AM
Ivo could serve with his dick, using his patented air-fuck celebration technique and still have the best serve on tour

:lol:

oranges
12-18-2008, 03:04 AM

Is stating something basically true but irrelevant to the issue a regular part of the defending strategy from "biased" detractors? Improved so as not to be a no shot at all, but still nowhere near to be a candidate for top serves on tour by any stretch of imagination is too difficult to swallow for your taste? Statistics-wise, might there be a reason why he's at the top for 2nd serves points won and not in top20 of 1st serve points won? Biased detractors those statistics guys :(

MrChopin
12-18-2008, 03:07 AM

I read that article too. Fed was quoted as saying "That monster is unpredictable as hell. I can't even read his ball toss, just too random and all over the place." Roddick noted the unbearable second serve pace "I can't even get my 140in racket on it, just too fast." Djokovic said it is lucky and he is still in control.

:lol: Partially because your avatar is Mac from Predator.

Exclusive
12-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Not a surprise at all. You can't demand everyone to understand tennis.
Actually it may be the hidden goal by the ATP site admins to detect that sort of audience.:D
I'm pretty sure if the poll to be 'who has the best flat forehand shot' the World's number one will get tens of percentages.:cool:

FedFan_2007
12-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Nadull sucks and that's that.

Bernard Black
12-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Haha, I really didn't need to read further than the opening post to know this thread would be l_mac vs everyone else re: Nadal.

I'm pretty sure Nadal himself would admit his serve is not in the top-5 on tour. All but his most ardent fans see it this way too. It's far too clunky and mechanical - give him the option of trading this in for a classic, smooth motion and he'd take it every time. Like his slice and volleying though, he just doesn't have the technique for it.

Good points about his serve = lots of spin, high 1st serve percentage, strong on crucial points

Everything else = bad

CooCooCachoo
12-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Nadal :haha: :haha: :haha:

Castafiore
12-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Nadal's serve is not top 5 but it's not as crappy as a lot of MTF'ers say it is.

bokehlicious
12-18-2008, 10:13 AM
You can't win Wimbledon with a crappy serve, Rafito's is certainly amongst the best :shrug:

DartMarcus
12-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Ivo`s underhand serve = Rafa`s serve

ORGASMATRON
12-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Why is Nadal on here hes got a crap serve. Karlovic has the best serve.

jmf07
12-18-2008, 10:43 AM

IMO Ivo definitely has the best serve out of those guys that are listed in the poll.

PiggyGotRoasted
12-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Has anyone heard about nadal? apparently his unkle tony was contemplating making him play in high heels so he had more height to serve down from :eek:

Igaarg
12-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Nadal??? Come on! Nadal has a lot of virtues for sure, even I don´t like the way he plays, but there´s a lot of players with better, MUCH better service than Nadal.
We just need another pool with best volley with Nadal in.

TheMuzz
12-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I'd go with Dr Ivo and Fed for the best serves. Karlovic's serve is a monster - when it's on it's almost unplayable. He can get tight though and miss a few first serves in a row, especially against the top guys, which usually means game over. Roger seems to paint the lines at will and always brings out the big guns on break points. A-Rod shouldn't be discounted, of course, but his placement isn't as good and great returners like Murray can make him look silly at times. Nadal is well, not even up there. For me, he's pretty horrible overhead for a top player. He can't even throw properly - he looks retarded.