In The Spotlight - Zirconek [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

In The Spotlight - Zirconek

10K Futures Qualifier
12-17-2008, 01:07 AM
Why do you change your user name frequently?

What made you want to do such a great job in the futures thread, even though you were not a moderator?

What languages do you speak?

What is your avatar?

Are you a hippie?

Henry Chinaski
12-17-2008, 01:23 AM
what were your previous usernames? I'm real shit with name changes...

Zirconek
12-17-2008, 01:52 AM
:lol: even though I didn't ask for it

Why do you change your user name frequently?

My first username was Zircon, the name of a mineral I used to work with in academic research. Then I turned it into something like a surname (first was Zirconek, later I had Zirconner, Zirconsen, Zirconanga, and others). I was tired of Zircons and tried some new names (BillionsÅ, RodiniaCanopy, Toribeté). And finally decided to go back to Zirconek because I like how this name sounds.

What made you want to do such a great job in the futures thread, even though you were not a moderator?

I like the challengers and futures circuits a lot and the futures section was very inactive, I thought it was need someone posting there to attract more people. I think the futures section is still quite inactive, I'd like to see more people posting there. :p

What languages do you speak?

Portuguese (native), English and a bit of German. I can understand Spanish, especially reading, since it is very similar to Portuguese, but when I try to speak in Spanish :help:

What is your avatar?

here is the answer:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7896162&postcount=12489

Are you a hippie?

:lol: I'm not a hippie at all, although I don't know your definition of it. I like camping, trekking, caving, going to the beach, waterfalls, etc, but it doesn't make me a hippie, I just like to be next to nature, what led me to course two graduations related to earth sciences. I never had troubles with alcohol or drug abbuse (I mean, for more than a night :p), unlike some friends of mine who have or had problems. Unfortunatelly I'm addicted to tabacco and I hope I can quit it soon. I have a left political view and can say I consider many of my friends quite conservative, but it never has been a problem, my parents taught me tolerance. Also I take a daily shower :lol: but I save water, electricity and even the soap and shampoo I don't waste, I'm really concerned about saving resources (and money). ;)

Zirconek
12-17-2008, 02:00 AM
what were your previous usernames? I'm real shit with name changes...

I used to be:
Zircon
Zirconek
Zirconner
Zirconevs
Zirconieux
Zirconanga
Zirconian
Zirconen
BillionsÅ
RodiniaCanopy
Toribeté

take a look :cuckoo: :o
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=6176501&postcount=3825

ClaudiuS
12-17-2008, 02:03 AM
- Do you like Bambis?

- According to your opinion of course, Who's the most attractive Brazilian girl you've ever seen? :p

- What's your favourite dish?

- Do you practise football?

- Are you planning on going to Chile sometime? maybe because of the Dakar being moved here (and also to Argentina, I think).

- Favourite Brazilian beach?

10K Futures Qualifier
12-17-2008, 02:25 AM
:lol: even though I didn't ask for it

Whoops, sorry I didn't know you were supposed to ask. I guess I will be open for one if you anyone has questions for me.

Zirconek
12-17-2008, 02:49 AM
- Do you like Bambis?
Do you mean people who cheer on São Paulo Futebol Clube? :lol: I have several friends who cheer for a lot of teams but Palmeiras, no problem. But the bambis are getting quite annoying with their recent success.

- According to your opinion of course, Who's the most attractive Brazilian girl you've ever seen? :p

Hard to pick, so many beautiful women here, I go with a girl that made me look for her name after watching her in a movie, Flavia Marco Antonio (picture: with Rodrigo Santoro in movie Abril Despedaçado- Behind the Sun) It's not an astonishing beauty, but what a charm. And I like this "beleza brejeira".

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc1MjU0MDI4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODE2NzQ3._V1._ SX500_SY216_.jpg

- What's your favourite dish?

Carne seca com abóbora (dried meat with pumpkin) :lick:

http://www.sabor-tropical.ch/images/p003_1_01.jpg

- Do you practise football?

I used to play much more, especially futsal, now I play it like up to six times a year, especially at the beach. I like playing as a defender, and I'm not that bad (I'm not tall but I have big feet and I am proud of being recofgnized by my fair play) :angel:

- Are you planning on going to Chile sometime? maybe because of the Dakar being moved here (and also to Argentina, I think).

Sure I want to go to Chile, from North to South, such a diversity of beautiful landscapes :worship: but I'm not interested in watching a rally.

- Favourite Brazilian beach?

Can I pick two generic places? :p
Arraial do Cabo and Ilha Grande, both in Rio de Janeiro state

Zirconek
12-17-2008, 02:50 AM
Whoops, sorry I didn't know you were supposed to ask. I guess I will be open for one if you anyone has questions for me.

no problem :hug: if nobody opens a thread for you until tomorrow, I'll do it :p

Eden
12-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Some questions from me Edu :) Thanks in advance for taking time to answer them :hatoff:

1) Who would be a good choice as the new ATP president?
2) Who will win the GS tournaments in 2009?
3) When did you start watching tennis?
4) Which match do you consider as best of all time?
5) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?
6) Who would be your ideal coach for your favourite player?
7) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?
8) Were you named after anyone?
9) What are your best and worst characteristic traits?
10) Which 10 places of your country are a must-see for visitors?

Voo de Mar
12-17-2008, 08:22 PM
"Zircup Cup" :lol:

What do you think about your chances of winning "Popularity Cup"?

Zirconek
12-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Some questions from me Edu :) Thanks in advance for taking time to answer them :hatoff:

1) Who would be a good choice as the new ATP president?
2) Who will win the GS tournaments in 2009?
3) When did you start watching tennis?
4) Which match do you consider as best of all time?
5) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?
6) Who would be your ideal coach for your favourite player?
7) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?
8) Were you named after anyone?
9) What are your best and worst characteristic traits?
10) Which 10 places of your country are a must-see for visitors?

1) I think it should be someone who knows the circuit (former player, coach) and also with some experience in management. I've read some weeks ago that Karim Alami is working as tournament director in Middle East, maybe if he does a good work he could be in the future a good president. May I say I'm not a fan of Dubai Open et al, since they don't really promote the tennis there - you can see by their Davis Cup results- , but now Alami said they would give WC to local players (in Doha then), if it's even more than it, then it seems nice.

2) That's a tough question. Federer and Nadal are always favourites, Djokovic and Murray can win a slam though. I think Djokovic and Nadal can defend their titles in first two tournaments, then Federer wins Wimblendon and Murray can win the US Open.

3) I'm a fan of tennis since I was 10-12 years, so since the early 90's. My first tennis idol was Ivan Lendl. I have a Donnay racquet :lol: at that time, they didn't show tennis on TV (except for some Slam finals), only when the cable TV arrived in the middle of 90's we could watch matches on TV here. I've been to two Davis Cup ties, Brazil vs Peru and Brazil vs India, in 1991 though. Before TV, I could follow tennis with magazines and newspapers, although the last used to have a poor coverage (still has BTW)

4) 1990 Wimbledon final, Edberg d. Becker in 5 sets.

5) I don't have exactly a favourite player, if I had to pick one, would be Federer, and then Nadal is his great opponent, but for the plasticity would be Nalbandian.

6) Jiri Novak I think would be a great trainer.

7) I think I got my first PC when I was 15 (1994-5), Iused internet for the first time not that much after, I don't remember what I was searching, probably something for a uni work.

8) No, but I have four surnames, my mother's maiden name is a double name, and my father decided to honour his mother (my grandmother) by giving me her surname also. In Brazil it's usual you get surnames from both parents, but most people get only two, not four :lol:

9) I think I'm quite tolerant, I'm not that good with commitments in many cases.

10) From the places I've been to:
1- Amazon (Pará, Tapajós River)
2- Jalapão (Tocantins, palaeodesert, rivers)
3- PETAR (São Paulo, caves)
4- São Domingos- Terra Ronca (Goiás, caves)
5- Chapadas Diamantina, dos Guimarães and dos Veadeiros (Bahia, Mato Grosso and Goiás, plateaus and savannah)
6- all the coastline of Rio de Janeiro state
7- Salvador (Bahia)
8- Prudentópolis (Paraná, cliffs with amazing waterfalls)
9- Mariana, Ouro Preto (Minas Gerais)
10- Itatiaia (Rio de Janeiro, mountains) and Mantiqueira Edge (Minas Gerais)

Zirconek
12-17-2008, 09:36 PM
"Zircup Cup" :lol:

What do you think about your chances of winning "Popularity Cup"?

I think I already went too far in the competition and I don't have any chance of winning it. :p