Tennis Tipping Awards 2008: Manager of the Year [Winner: FiBeR] [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tennis Tipping Awards 2008: Manager of the Year [Winner: FiBeR]

Labamba
12-14-2008, 06:09 PM
The 2008 TT Manager of the Year

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41289000/jpg/_41289850_devilliers_getty_270.jpg
(bye bye EDV)

*Please note this is a poll for TT players only - votes from non TT players will not count*

This poll is to determine who was the best TT manager in 2008.

The poll can only have 10 options, so we (keqtqiadv, adee-gee and I) had to nominate nine managers for this award. If your pick is not included, please vote for the [Other] option and tell us why you believe this manager should win.

Here are the nominees in alphabetical order:

adee-gee
Tournaments managed: (9) TMC Shanghai, Olympics S, Miami S, Rome, Madrid D, Marseille, Nottingham, Gstaad, Bucharest

Boarder35m
Tournaments managed: (11) Madrid S, Lyon, Fürth, Scheveningen, Geneva, Alphen, Orleans, Trnava, Cali 2, Dnepropetrovsk, Cancun

FiBeR
Tournaments managed: (12) Roland Garros S&D, Wimbledon S, Indian Wells S, Paris S, Viña del Mar, Indianapolis, Beijing, Santiago, Winnetka, Donetsk, Szczecin, Aracaju

Gavnich77
Tournaments managed: (5) Davis Cup, Vigo, Seville, Tashkent, Cali

keqtqiadv
Tournaments managed: (5) Australian Open D, Olympics D, Båstad, Barletta, Surbiton

Kielian
Tournaments managed: (10) Washington, Dallas, Sarajevo, Baton Rouge, Braunschweig, Aptos, Waco, Kolding, Seoul, Champaign

Labamba
Tournaments managed: (6) Hamburg, Chennai, Munich, Basel, Tampere, Davis Cup

TankingTheSet
Tournaments managed: (8) Warsaw, Umag, Tokyo, Guangzhou, Cherbourg, Monza, San Sebastian, Toyota

Troickitard
Tournaments managed: (7) Miami D, Paris D, Delray Beach, Barcelona, Halle, Los Angeles, Stockholm

Other
Here are a few managers who we felt were close but unfortunately could not include in the poll:
1) eljab
2) Forever-Delayed
3) Allez-Alejo
4) Drikke

Previous Winners
2006 - keqtqiadv (BRA)
2007 - adee-gee (SCO)

Nathaliia
12-14-2008, 06:14 PM
I voted adee-gee. I rarely played TT this season but I remember his perfect write-ups, something that except of devotion to the running the competition also takes talent.

Betty
12-14-2008, 06:54 PM
i cant vote:sAD:
i found very well with adam,alex,ray,jess,gav and labamba:p

Hellcat
12-14-2008, 07:10 PM
No doubt in my mind, it has to be Ray FiBeR! :worship: My lucky manager! :lol:

Björki
12-14-2008, 07:28 PM
so many good managers around :awww:

ExcaliburII
12-14-2008, 10:01 PM
adam, then maybe mulo and jess.

Labamba
12-15-2008, 01:19 PM
the numbers don't lie this time, Ray did the most work :)

many worthy candidates though

Björki
12-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Ray :rocker2:

but all of them are great managers. :yeah:

KalleOnAir
12-17-2008, 04:35 PM
yep,. all are great manager :yeah:
its almost unfair to have only one vote

my vote goes to Adam, love his commentaries :banana:

keep it up mate:worship:

savesthedizzle
12-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Boarder35m, Deathless Mortal, Nando_L

You three are crazy to vote for me :rolls: but thanks ;) I promise you good draws in the future :angel:

FiBeR
12-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Alex for me.. :worship: Boarder35m started playing this season..i still remember his pms on managing tips, and the guy almost managed as many tourneys as i did.. and did a lot of work in the TT Dulce de leche community along with diego36arg :worship: (and others, like kai ^^).. which is priceless , at least, to me

so that is appreciated to me.. Thank you Alex!!!

close second Ville..someone who deserves a lot of recognition too :p

adee-gee
12-19-2008, 10:09 AM
I promised you my vote didn't I Ray? :p

Great dedication to TT :hatoff:

Labamba
12-22-2008, 11:03 AM
congrats Ray :hatoff:

first winner of this award who's not part of the TT board