RT:Serbian politician sues CNN [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RT:Serbian politician sues CNN

Lin Lin
12-12-2008, 05:28 AM
Serbian politician sues CNN
Former Serbian presidential candidate Tomislav Nikolic is suing CNN for mixing him up with war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic. The mistake may cause the TV channel up to ten million euros – the sum Nikolic demanding as compensation.

CNN's story about the search for Mladic posted on its website had the image of Tomislav Nikolic instead.

The image which was apparently taken from Nikolic's campaign poster was on the site for several hours before being removed.

Nikolic believes the "mistake" was not accidental and could compromise his security.

http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/34441

Lin Lin
12-12-2008, 05:29 AM
http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/28880

CNN blamed for using misleading war video
American broadcaster CNN has been accused of using the wrong pictures in their coverage of the conflict in South Ossetia. A Russian cameraman says footage of wrecked tanks and ruined buildings, which was purported to have been filmed in the town of Gori, in fact showed the South Ossetian capital Tskhinvali.

Gori was said to be about to fall under the control of the Russian army but the cameraman says the video was actually shot in Tskhinvali, which had been flattened by Georgian shelling.

Aleksandr Zhukov, from the Russiya Al-Yaum channel, said: “When we arrived and news came that Gori was being shelled, I saw my footage. I said: that’s not Gori! That’s Tskhinvali. Having crawled through the length and breadth of Tskhinvali, I don’t need much to tell from which point this or that footage was recorded. I can swear in front of any tribunal. I can point at this location on the map of the town, because I and the cameraman of the Rossiya channel videotaped that.”

Lin Lin
12-12-2008, 05:33 AM
It seems CNN loves "mistake",er?

Thanos
12-12-2008, 06:13 AM
fox news should be sued. according to them if your not american your a terrorist.

finishingmove
12-12-2008, 08:40 AM
nobody gives a shit about nikolic

:bigwave:

its.like.that
12-12-2008, 11:05 AM
I hate CNN.

Utter shithouse journalism.

I hope all CNN journos, employees, their families and friends, all contract tetanus.

Thanos
12-12-2008, 11:08 AM
I hate CNN.

Utter shithouse journalism.

I hope all CNN journos, employees, their families and friends, all contract tetanus.

what about fox news?

its.like.that
12-12-2008, 11:30 AM
they can all get tuberculosis instead.

buddyholly
12-12-2008, 01:17 PM
He's lucky they didn't confuse him with Blagojevich.

buddyholly
12-12-2008, 01:20 PM
fox news should be sued. according to them if your not american your a terrorist.

Are you a regular viewer??