Bush's BS... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bush's BS...

BigJohn
12-10-2008, 12:16 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/washingtondc/la-na-bush9-2008dec09,0,4145069.story

The White House view of the Bush legacy.

Try not to throw up...

Titled "Speech Topper on the Bush Record," the talking points state that Bush "kept the American people safe" after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, lifted the economy after 2001 through tax cuts, curbed AIDS in Africa and maintained "the honor and the dignity of his office."

The document presents the Bush record as an unalloyed success.

It mentions none of the episodes that detractors say have marred his presidency: the collapse of the housing market and major financial services companies, the flawed intelligence in the run-up to the Iraq war, the federal response to Hurricane Katrina or the abuse of prisoners at Abu Ghraib.

Or Guantanamo, or waterboarding, or Scooter Libby...

Thanos
12-10-2008, 04:03 AM
never thought i see the day that a canadian would declare war on the united states.

Sparko1030
12-10-2008, 04:22 AM
:haha: Why would they change their tune now? Of course they can keep seeing only what they want to see-the rest of the country and world sees his legacy much differently.

Richard_from_Cal
12-10-2008, 06:46 AM
never thought i see the day that a canadian would declare war on the united states.
Maybe he's still angry about the Irish invasion of 1866?

http://www.bivouacbooks.com/bbv2i3s6.htm

scoobs
12-10-2008, 09:47 AM
On the one hand, it's hard to be surprised - the Bush Reinvention of his History project is in full swing and this is just one more salvo in a wider bombardment. Naturally he's going to spin his 8 years the best way he possibly can and hope that history that gets written takes at least some of his spin on board. All presidents do.

On the other hand, it's mendacious and nauseating and I can't wait to see the back of that man and one of the most corrupt, amoral and shameful presidencies in American history.

tangerine_dream
12-10-2008, 03:10 PM
It doesn't matter what the White House spinmasters think, the historians will put him in his rightful place as one of the US's worst presidents ever right between Nixon and Buchanan.

Interesting to note that some of our worst presidents were immediately followed by one of our greatest presidents (Pierce/Buchanan-->Lincoln, and Coolidge/Hoover-->Roosevelt, and Bush-->Obama :p )

Check this out:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profile/story/9961300/the_worst_president_in_history

BigJohn
12-10-2008, 04:24 PM
I just think this level of spinning the whole thing is pretty close to the centrifuge training of pilots to simulate extra gravity.

I'm not declaring war (many Canadians define themselves as being not-Americans btw...), I was just pointing out what a delusional d-bag administration the US has had for the last 8 years.

SwiSha
12-10-2008, 05:35 PM
US worst presidents ever ? hmm really?

he got the peoples vote twice, what does this say about americans then?

BigJohn
12-10-2008, 07:45 PM
he got the peoples vote twice, what does this say about americans then?

Well to start, he got the votes maybe once, since Florida for sure was robbed the first time, if you remember. The second time also looks a lot like an undeserved win.

And it says only something about 50% of the Americans. Those who voted for Bush, and those who support Palin or Huckabee for 2012. :retard: You know, those who were dropped many times when they were babies and who have lead pipes for their drinking water...

Thanos
12-18-2008, 04:21 AM
bigjohn creates this thread then few days later bush is attacked by shoes. conspiracy :scratch:

BigJohn
12-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Coincidence ...

Iván
12-18-2008, 04:04 PM
George Bush is the worst president of presidents EVER.

manuel84
12-18-2008, 05:27 PM
He's a failed leader on many counts and the shoe-hurling incident serves as an everlasting fodder for caricature.

Richard_from_Cal
12-19-2008, 03:28 AM
He's a failed leader on many counts and the shoe-hurling incident serves as an everlasting fodder for caricature.I suppose. He didn't catch it.

In the news today:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/17/bush-i-didnt-compromise-m_n_151910.html
WASHINGTON — President George W. Bush knows he's unpopular. But here's what matters, he says: "I didn't compromise my soul to be a popular guy."
..and the hyperlinked article went on
...beyond below, the last paragraph in my newspaper

"I'm a free market guy," Bush said. "But I'm not going to let this economy crater in order to preserve the free market system. So we made a lot of very strong moves and it's been painful for a lot of people, particularly because, you know, this _ the excesses of the past have caused a lot of folks to hurt when it comes to, like, their 401(k)'s or, you know, their jobs."

...He didn't steal from the earners, and give to the homeowners, in an attempt to co-opt the "middle class"...for McCain? and it didn't work.

Okay, I didn't want his job, but that made me laugh.

tangerine_dream
12-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Poll: 1 in 5 say Cheney worst vice president ever

CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released Monday gauges opinion of Cheney
Poll: 23 percent say Cheney is the worst VP in American history
Although unpopular, Cheney will leave office as one of the most powerful VPs

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A new national poll suggests that one out of five Americans think that Dick Cheney is the worst vice president in American history.

Vice President Dick Cheney says he's comfortable with his accomplishments and isn't troubled by his ratings.

Twenty-three percent of those questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Monday say that Cheney is the country's worst vice president, when compared with his predecessors.

An additional 41 percent feel that Cheney is a poor vice president, with 34 percent rating him a good number two.

Only one percent of those polled say that Cheney is the best vice president in U.S. history.

"On the Sunday talk shows, Cheney took on the job of making the affirmative case for the Bush legacy," said Keating Holland, CNN polling director. "But the messenger may be getting in the way of the message."

Cheney steps down as vice president January 20. He will be succeeded by Vice President-elect Joe Biden.

Although extremely unpopular, Cheney will leave office as one of the most powerful vice presidents in history. He played a crucial role in many of the Bush administration's crucial policies and was a major proponent of using and expanding executive powers.

"Cheney still has a lot of fans in the Republican Party. Most Republicans nationwide said Cheney had been a good veep," Holland said. "But six in 10 independents and eight in 10 Democrats gave Cheney a rating of 'poor' or 'worst ever.' "

In an interview Sunday, Cheney said he was not troubled by polls suggesting he was unpopular.

"I'm very comfortable with where we are and what we achieved substantively. And frankly, I would not want to be one of those guys who spends all his time reading the polls. I think people like that shouldn't serve in these jobs," Cheney said on "Fox News Sunday."

The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll was conducted Friday through Sunday, with 1,013 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.