In the spotlight - ~*BGT*~ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

In the spotlight - ~*BGT*~

Bibberz
12-08-2008, 02:57 AM
1. First, the question that's on all of our minds--do you like Nina? :awww:

2. How confident were you that I would start your spotlight thread after you gave me that goodrep? Use a %.

3. Could you beat Sarah Palin in a deathmatch if your right arm was tied behind your back? Describe how you think that fight would play out.

4. If for some reason your college expelled you and no other four-year university on Earth would take you, what would you do with your life?

5. What's worse--the fact that you haven't read Narnia or that "BlackGirlTennis" was arguably the least imaginative name in MTF history? :D

6. Why do you like South Park more than Family Guy?

7. If you knew you were going to be stranded on a deserted island for the rest of your life and you could take three MTFers, who (if anyone) would you choose? Bear in mind that you would be taking them away from their loved ones.

8. Which MTFer can you simply not bring yourself to dislike, even though it goes against your better judgment?

9. Who has been the best at answering their spotlight questions?

10. What the hell is with all these spotlight threads? :retard:

NinaNina19
12-08-2008, 03:07 AM
What do you think of me?

Bibberz
12-08-2008, 03:09 AM
What do you think of me?

:haha:

NinaNina19
12-08-2008, 03:19 AM
:haha:

What's wrong? I ask this in every spotlight thread :shrug:.

Bibberz
12-08-2008, 03:20 AM
What's wrong? I ask this in every spotlight thread :shrug:.

I saved you the trouble of asking.

~*BGT*~
12-08-2008, 03:36 AM
1. First, the question that's on all of our minds--do you like Nina? :awww:

I do like Nina. :lol: She promised that we'd exchange PM's once in a while to talk about girl stuff since we are around the same age, but she's a bit too busy for me. :( But she makes me laugh.

2. How confident were you that I would start your spotlight thread after you gave me that goodrep? Use a %.

Ummmm.... like 25%. I didn't even think you see that good rep soon enough. :lol:

3. Could you beat Sarah Palin in a deathmatch if your right arm was tied behind your back? Describe how you think that fight would play out.

:lol: I think so. ;) I've got strong thighs. :p I'd snap her neck with my quadriceps of steel. :D

4. If for some reason your college expelled you and no other four-year university on Earth would take you, what would you do with your life?

Well, I want to be a wedding planner and that doesn't really need a college degree, but I want a business degree to manage that aspect of it. I don't know. I'd get a personal loan, start a portfolio, get some business cards, buy a few power suits, and go to as many bridal shows as possible. And continue to do research on what's "in" in the bridal industry right now.

5. What's worse--the fact that you haven't read Narnia or that "BlackGirlTennis" was arguably the least imaginative name in MTF history? :D

I'll let y'all decide. :lol: (Yes, I am from the south and say y'all all day)

6. Why do you like South Park more than Family Guy?

I've been watching South Park for years now and know all the stories and characters and just find it funny. I saw a few Family Guy clips and didn't really laugh. :shrug: Besides, the Cartoon Wars SP episode has me sorta biased tbh.

7. If you knew you were going to be stranded on a deserted island for the rest of your life and you could take three MTFers, who (if anyone) would you choose? Bear in mind that you would be taking them away from their loved ones.

Mikey. :kiss:
Verd/ J'Torian for the :lol: and the fangirling
TessGray from the Gasquet forum because she's just fun. :D

8. Which MTFer can you simply not bring yourself to dislike, even though it goes against your better judgment?

GlennMirnyi. He's an asshole, pretentious, pompous, arrogant, HATES Rafa, overly repetitive, thinks he's the shit... but sometimes, he's pretty funny, and I hate that I find him funny. :o

9. Who has been the best at answering their spotlight questions?

TBH, I've only read about 4 of these threads :angel: but I really like scoobs' answers. Very honest, open, and real. :)

10. What the hell is with all these spotlight threads? :retard:

You started one. ;) :p

bokehlicious
12-08-2008, 06:32 AM
-Favourite non American country
-Favourite food
-Amy Winehouse or Britney Spears
-Richard Gasquet or Andy Roddick
-Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt
-Favourite non tennis sport

~*BGT*~
12-08-2008, 06:47 AM
-Favourite non American country

France. In fact, I plan on spending 5 weeks there next summer. :banana: I haven't forgotten Switzerland though. I plan on spending a weekend there. I'm thinking Geneva. :)

-Favourite food

Steak and chocolate cakes. :drool:

-Amy Winehouse or Britney Spears

Britney. We're from the same state

-Richard Gasquet or Andy Roddick

The order of my top 5 faves are in my siggy. Andy followed by Richie, Rafa, Zhenya, then James :)

-Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt

Neither. :tape: I'm only 19; there are heart throbs closer to my own age. :p

-Favourite non tennis sport

I don't follow any sport as much as I follow tennis, but I like the Lakers a lot and I followed Alex Despatie (diving) in the 2004 and 2008 Olympics very much/ Still thrilled he won the silver. :woohoo:

bokehlicious
12-08-2008, 07:21 AM
France. In fact, I plan on spending 5 weeks there next summer. :banana: I haven't forgotten Switzerland though. I plan on spending a weekend there. I'm thinking Geneva. :)

sounds good :yeah: :D you'd need to learn some French before going there, I could be you "private" teacher :aplot: :lol: :p

-thoughts on global warming
-do you believe in love at first sight?
-tennis tournament you'd love to attend
-favourite city in the US

Tess Gray
12-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Okay, here are my questions to you:D:

-Are you proud of being an American?
-What celebrity do you absolutely hate?
-Do you have music you are listening to, but you are too embaressed to admit you like it?
-Do you have a word that you say a million times a day, up to the point where people around you just get annoyed whenever you say it:o?
-What song is stuck in your head RIGHT NOW?

:D

~*BGT*~
12-08-2008, 02:55 PM
sounds good :yeah: :D you'd need to learn some French before going there, I could be you "private" teacher :aplot: :lol: :p

J'apprends francais depuis j'ai neuf ans. :p

-thoughts on global warming

Hmmm... never thought about it actually. I'm sure it exists but not sure it is 100% human's fault. I mean, the Earth goes through cycles of hot and cold like the ice ages we've had. Although pollution and the human created holes in he ozone layer probably speed up the process.

-do you believe in love at first sight?

No, I believe in lust at first sight though.

-tennis tournament you'd love to attend

Any of them. :worship: But I enjoyed the DC atmosphere when I went to the US/France quarterfinal, so right now, probably (if it were extremely competitive), the US/Switzerland 1st round tie.

-favourite city in the US

Never gone to any of the big cities (LA, New York, Miami, Chicago). Spent a weekend in Orlando and it was pretty fun. I liked Washington DC as well. So I would say New Orleans. Love the museums and history of the city, the shopping, the food. I live just an hour from there. And no.... I don't partake in the nightlife. :angel: I already know I'd be the designated driver for my friends. :help: :tape: Besides, there's more to New Orleans than partying and Mardi Gras. Audubon Park is beautiful. :inlove:

http://www.inetours.com/New_Orleans/images/StChrls/Audubon_Oaks.jpg

~*BGT*~
12-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Okay, here are my questions to you:D:

-Are you proud of being an American?

I am proud that I live in a mostly safe country, that we were able to elect a non-traditional President, and that we are so diverse. I have been friends with black, white, multiracial, biracial kids. People with Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Indian, Bangladeshi, Belgian, Iranian, German, Italian and Jewish heritage.

I am not proud of the sterotype that many of our young people live p to when they go abroad. The "stupid, arrogant American" who is loud and rude and does nothing but party when they should be appreciating where they are. I will try my hardest to present a positive image of young America when I go to Paris next summer. :)

-What celebrity do you absolutely hate?

Sharapova... no one compares to her at all. :o I don't even like typing her name tbh. :rolleyes:

-Do you have music you are listening to, but you are too embaressed to admit you like it?

I've already admitted my life long love for the Backstreet Boys -- not sure it gets worse than that. :lol: But, I really like Alvin and the Chipmunks and have memorized several songs from the the VeggieTales and Thomas the Tank Engine cartoons. :angel:

-Do you have a word that you say a million times a day, up to the point where people around you just get annoyed whenever you say it:o?

Nothing that people call me out on, but I notice that I say "dude" a lot. Like, I was trying to use my remote control last night and it wasn't working so I said, "Dude, what's going on here?" I call inanimate objects dude. :rolls: And like most young Americans, I say "like" a lot.... even type it here often. :p

-What song is stuck in your head RIGHT NOW?:D

Don't Judge a Book by its Cover from Thomas the Tank Engine (mainly because you had just asked about what embarassing stuff I listened to. :lol: It's a cute song though.

Venle
12-08-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm bad at making up questions but I'll give it a try ;)

-How are you gonna spend Christmas?
-What has been the best day of your year?
-Do you ever get the feeling "life is so lovely :hearts:" ?
-Have you ever chased an ice cream truck when you were little?
-And who do you think is gonna win the AO?

:wavey:

~*BGT*~
12-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm bad at making up questions but I'll give it a try ;)

-How are you gonna spend Christmas?

Hate to be a kill-joy but I don't celebrate Christmas. So I'll spend the day how I usually do. Enjoying that nothing is open except Waffle House and sleeping in.

-What has been the best day of your year?

When I met the entire French DC team and got autographs and pictures with them. C'etait parfait. :worship:

-Do you ever get the feeling "life is so lovely :hearts:" ?

I get that feeling when I watch Richard. I don't know, I just love his game. Like the first set if his Nadal match in Toronto was exhilarating and the first 2.5 sets against Murray were awesome, but his level never last a whole match. :sobbing:

But, I could use more of that in real life?

-Have you ever chased an ice cream truck when you were little?

No, I was lucky as the ice cream truck passed right in front of my house. I'd run outside and wait for it to come when I heard the music and my mom would gather the money. :dance:

-And who do you think is gonna win the AO?

:wavey:

Roddick df Gasquet in the final but Richie df Murray in the Wimbledon final for ultimate revenge. :devil:

Tess Gray
12-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Roddick df Gasquet in the final but Richie df Murray in the Wimbledon final for ultimate revenge. :devil:

One can always hope:lol:

Naranoc
12-08-2008, 05:12 PM
1) What would you change about your MTF debut? :p
2) Which 3 MTF members would you like to meet if you had the opportunity?
3) Are you more...resilient online (for want of a better word), than in real life?

~*BGT*~
12-08-2008, 05:19 PM
One can always hope:lol:

That would feel so good. :drool:

1) What would you change about your MTF debut? :p

Can't really remember how I was when I first started tbh.

2) Which 3 MTF members would you like to meet if you had the opportunity?

Mikey :kiss: Nina and Karin :) She seems like a lot of fun

3) Are you more...resilient online (for want of a better word), than in real life?

Well, I think I have to be. People are a lot more open online than in real life and will say thiings they wouldn't say in person. Like, when I was on the ESPN boards, I was called the n-word a few times. Like, posters would actually start a thread just to call me that, and we didn't have any moderators so nothing was done about it. I've never been called anything like that in my "real" life so I think I have to be more resilient here.

Good question :)

Tess Gray
12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Oh I have another question.:)
Do you find it offensive when people call you negro/black instead of African American?

~*BGT*~
12-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh I have another question.:)
Do you find it offensive when people call you negro/black instead of African American?

Well, I consider negro and black to be different from each other. :) Negro and colored were terms used in slavery until the 70's when we were an oppressed minority. Black is what I prefer. I actually don't like the term African-American at all. :o To me, an AA is a naturalized American citizen who was born in Africa or an American who's parents are African. Charlize Theron and Liezel Huber are African-Americans.

To call myself AA is to forget my other heritages: I'm part African but I'm also part Native American, French, and Cuban. :wavey: I would, though, love to know the exact percentages of my racial heritage, but I'd need some sort of blood test to know that.

Henry Chinaski
12-08-2008, 09:44 PM
would you like to play cello in my sludge/doom/stoner/grind/death metal band Despicable Hirelings of Fascism?

~*BGT*~
12-08-2008, 11:32 PM
would you like to play cello in my sludge/doom/stoner/grind/death metal band Despicable Hirelings of Fascism?

I sprained a ligament in my left wrist a few months before graduation last year and to stop playing. I just never picked it back up. Sorry, but I wouldn't be any good. :awww:

Voo de Mar
12-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Do you think it's possible to know you well reading your answers in this thread?

Henry Chinaski
12-09-2008, 12:39 AM
I sprained a ligament in my left wrist a few months before graduation last year and to stop playing. I just never picked it back up. Sorry, but I wouldn't be any good. :awww:

damn. you could've given us a unique selling point.

~*BGT*~
12-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Do you think it's possible to know you well reading your answers in this thread?

I think so. I'm being pretty honest. The people on my other board are asking me nothing but sex questions. :lol:

Clara Bow
12-09-2008, 02:00 AM
If you could have any talent, what would it be.

Do you ever giggle and or blush when you see Despatie in a Speedo even if no one is around? (I mean...it is like he is backing a fruit basket down there)

When you were a child- what did you want to be as an adult>

~*BGT*~
12-09-2008, 02:50 AM
If you could have any talent, what would it be.

I wish I could sit and concentrate more. Forcing myself to study and work hard. I guess that's a talent? :lol:

Do you ever giggle and or blush when you see Despatie in a Speedo even if no one is around? (I mean...it is like he is backing a fruit basket down there)

No, I don't giggle and blush.. I point it out to people :lol: But he looks damn good. :lick:

http://z.about.com/d/diving/1/0/s/0/-/-/51230249.jpg

When you were a child- what did you want to be as an adult>

An OB/GYN. I wanted to deliver babies :)

Venle
12-09-2008, 09:59 AM
When I met the entire French DC team and got autographs and pictures with them. C'etait parfait. :worship:
I can believe you :worship:

Bibberz
12-17-2009, 06:17 AM
1. Do you think I would have bumped this thread if I had lost to Clydey by one vote?

2. I will give you $125,000 in vcash if you ditch the whole “blackgirltennis”/“BGT” moniker forever. Forever ever? Ever, ever? Yes, forfuckingever. :hug: If you have to upgrade your account, I will kick in another $25,000, and I will also help you make a signature/.gif as best I can—provided that the signature/.gif does not require the use of a picture of Roger Federer from any source other than the 2009 Australian Open Final trophy presentation. This offer will expire in 15 days.

3. You go to LSU, huh? Can you tell me why JaMarcus Russell sucks so much in the NFL? To what degree does his profound failure as an NFL quarterback bring shame upon LSU’s football program?

4. Consider what it would be like to make sexy time with the following people: (1) Johnny Blaze; (2) Clydey; (3) Clydey wearing a false moustache that would slightly tickle you; (4) Richard’s Gasquet’s father; (5) a mute Richard Gasquet who has two club feet; and (6) Sammy Querrey. Please rank these six starting with the most appealing.

5. Who has a better chance at winning a grand slam—Richard Gasquet or Sammy?

6. Since Jess never answered this question, I’ll ask you instead...You’re in charge of selecting three new mods for GM. One must be a Rafatard, another must be a Fedtard, and another a Noletroll/Djokotard. Whom do you select? Why?

7. When did you start supporting Richie? Did you care when he beat Federer at Monte Carlo in 2005?

8. Please describe a personal Hurricane Katrina story that has some sort of a happy ending. If you do not have one, please make up a Hurricane Katrina story that involves a French Quarter hooker with a 'heart of gold.'

9. i have a cable modem which connects to a wifi-capable router giving me four wired ports plus however many wireless connections i need, as long as there are enough ip addresses to go round. i have a computer which needs to be set up at the opposite end of the apartment from where the cable modem and router are, so a wired connection is impractical. i have a second wifi router - different brand but same capabilities. can the two routers be set up so that they serve wifi devices like a laptop and talk to each other and extend my wifi reach? i used to have a wifi transceiver which could talk through the single router but ive lost track of it during our recent move between states. im just wondering if there's a way to use the second router in a similar manner (wired connection to second comp but wireless to first router).

10. Whatever happened to that one guy who kind-sorta-maybe liked you? You know, the one who would talk to you for long periods of times about the girls he liked?

11. What’s your favorite Monopoly property? Why?

12. What’s your favorite Monopoly piece (e.g. the car, the thimble, etc.)? Why?

13. What feat do you find more impressive—a 5’4” PG making an NBA All-Star Game or a 5’4” tennis player making the Top Ten?

14. There was an episode of the American Office where a black employee moved to the Scranton branch. He attempted to curry favor with Stanley (another black man) in this manner:

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/2621/stanley.gif

(a) Please describe one occasion where another person of color attempted to play the we're-ethnically-and/or-culturally-similar-so-let's-get-all-chummy-with-each-other card on you and you were like, WTF?!

(b) Please describe one occasion where you attempted to play the we're-ethnically-and/or-culturally-similar-so-let's-let's-get-all-chummy-with-each-other card on someone and they were like, WTF?!

15. Here's another question Jess never answered (:()...Look at this girl's tattoo:

http://wreckingbalm.com/tattoo-removal-blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/celebrity-tattoo-megan-fox-rib-tattoo.jpg

You have to get a tattoo in that general location, and the characters must also be that large. You will never be able to remove it. The tattoo must consist of a four-line verse from a popular song that was released between 1965 and 1990. The tattoo must also contain at least 30 words. (Realistically, this verse will cover quite a bit of your back.) Which song/verse do you choose? Why?

16. I have a friend who has been nicknamed "Peaches." (Don't ask.) Please christen the following MTFers using the names of different fruits/vegetables and explain your selections:

(a) Action Jackson

(b) Mr.Chopin

(c) Tangerine Dream

(d) Betty

(e) Bad Gambler

(f) Thanos/Wacked 82

(g) Corey Feldman

(h) AO 09: Rogi Wept

(i) NinaNina

(j) Mellow Yellow

17. One of the usernames in Question #16 is fraudulent. Could you tell which one? Could we still be friends if I adopted that username? :awww: What if I changed my username to "Richie Snorted"?

18. Please send me a PM with the name of one MTFer (male or female) who you don't think is nearly as HAWT as everyone else seems to think. I will not share this name with anyone. I promise.

19. Please send me a PM with the name of one MTFer (male or female) whose looks you think are underrented. I will not share this name with anyone. I promise.

20. It may be easier on both of us if you address both Questions #19 and #20 in one PM. I just thought of that. OMG, Good idea, right? :D

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 06:30 AM
^^ Damn! Give me a second to get through all that. :eek:

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 06:34 AM
1. Do you think I would have bumped this thread if I had lost to Clydey by one vote?

Well, you didn't need me in order to win. :angel: You did it with your own volition! :rocker2:

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 06:35 AM
2. I will give you $125,000 in vcash if you ditch the whole “blackgirltennis”/“BGT” moniker forever. Forever ever? Ever, ever? Yes, forfuckingever. If you have to upgrade your account, I will kick in another $25,000, and I will also help you make a signature/.gif as best I can—provided that the signature/.gif does not require the use of a picture of Roger Federer from any source other than the 2009 Australian Open Final trophy presentation. This offer will expire in 15 days.

:lol: Why? BGT is clever. I use it everywhere now :p Actually, a British troll in the Gasquet forum thought I stole it from the show Britain's Got Talent. I was like, "Dude, they stole that from me. I've been BGT for three years." :p

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 06:37 AM
3. You go to LSU, huh? Can you tell me why JaMarcus Russell sucks so much in the NFL? To what degree does his profound failure as an NFL quarterback bring shame upon LSU’s football program?

Yes, I am a junior at LSU. And this may sound weird but I'm not a football fan. In fact, I didn't watch my first game until this October. :eek: So I've heard of JaMarcus Russell, I've never seen him play. :angel: Our current QB, Jordan Jefferson, sucks though. I can't tell you how many times he's been sacked from behind while trying to throw a pass :o

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 06:41 AM
OK, this one really made me giggle :rolls:

4. Consider what it would be like to make sexy time with the following people: (1) Johnny Blaze; (2) Clydey; (3) Clydey wearing a false moustache that would slightly tickle you; (4) Richard’s Gasquet’s father; (5) a mute Richard Gasquet who has two club feet; and (6) Sammy Querrey. Please rank these six starting with the most appealing.

1. Johnny Blaze: have you seen his picture? :hearts: He's so fine!! :lick:
2. Clydey with the special helper is probably marginally better than
3. Regular old Clydey.
4. mute Gasquet with club feet. How did you come up with these? :lol:
5. Sam... it'd be weird though. I have a brother named Sam, and I've made it a rule to never date a man with the same name as any of my family. :unsure: I know for sure I'd never name my son after his father. I can imagine it now. My hubby and I are in the throws of passion, we're getting into it, I'm screaming his name, I'm about to cum... and then my toddler son thinks I'm calling for him and he walks in on it all :scared:
6. Ewww at Francis Gasquet. :o

Gretchen.
12-17-2009, 06:49 AM
5. Sam... it'd be weird though. I have a brother named Sam, and I've made it a rule to never date a man with the same name as any of my family. :unsure: I know for sure I'd never name my son after his father. I can imagine it now. My hubby and I are in the throws of passion, we're getting into it, I'm screaming his name, I'm about to cum... and then my toddler son thinks I'm calling for him and he walks in on it all :scared:

:spit: :haha:

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 06:52 AM
5. Who has a better chance at winning a grand slam—Richard Gasquet or Sammy?

6. Since Jess never answered this question, I’ll ask you instead...You’re in charge of selecting three new mods for GM. One must be a Rafatard, another must be a Fedtard, and another a Noletroll/Djokotard. Whom do you select? Why?

7. When did you start supporting Richie? Did you care when he beat Federer at Monte Carlo in 2005?

5. I would hope Richie. Talent like that just shouldn't be wasted.

6. For the NoleTroll, I'd choose Rosie. She likes cats and Korolev so that means she's good people :wavey:

RafaTroll: Johnny Blaze: Gasdickael fans unite :rocker2:

FedTard: mmmmm, I'll get back to that one

7. I first took serious notice of Richie when he won Nottingham in 2006. But he reeeeeeeeeeally won me over with his TMS Canada run, beating Blake, Murray, and Berdych en route to the final. He won the first set 6-2 over Federer but went down in three. And of course his match against Hewitt at the USO is one to be remembered, even if he didn't win it. You just have to love these two plays. HAVE to!

kAHCy5WkZzw

You have asked that last question regarding his match against Roddick at Wimbledon. I had a lot more invested in that one. :angel: I've actually never seen that MC match. I just can't bring myself to watch matches when I already know the score, the outcome, the context, what happened. All of the mystery is gone :shrug: I've seen highlights though :)

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 06:56 AM
8. Please describe a personal Hurricane Katrina story that has some sort of a happy ending. If you do not have one, please make up a Hurricane Katrina story that involves a French Quarter hooker with a 'heart of gold.'

Well, I did some work raising money to help rebuild homes. I donated clothing and toiletries. My family took in some family from Gulfport whose home was destroyed. I really can't think of anything specific though. i went to New Orleans 5 months later in January and the city was pretty much desolate. I'd never seen it like that. You could see the houses that had X's painted on them, showing they had already been checked for dead bodies. You could see the how far the waters reached on houses and even on the walls surrounding the free-ways. It had to be a terrifying and tragic ordeal, and I'm so happy to see the city back. it's so wonderful :D

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 06:58 AM
9. i have a cable modem which connects to a wifi-capable router giving me four wired ports plus however many wireless connections i need, as long as there are enough ip addresses to go round. i have a computer which needs to be set up at the opposite end of the apartment from where the cable modem and router are, so a wired connection is impractical. i have a second wifi router - different brand but same capabilities. can the two routers be set up so that they serve wifi devices like a laptop and talk to each other and extend my wifi reach? i used to have a wifi transceiver which could talk through the single router but ive lost track of it during our recent move between states. im just wondering if there's a way to use the second router in a similar manner (wired connection to second comp but wireless to first router).

http://blog.jkbutcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/exploding-head-2.jpg

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 07:01 AM
10. Whatever happened to that one guy who kind-sorta-maybe liked you? You know, the one who would talk to you for long periods of times about the girls he liked?

11. What’s your favorite Monopoly property? Why?

12. What’s your favorite Monopoly piece (e.g. the car, the thimble, etc.)? Why?

13. What feat do you find more impressive—a 5’4” PG making an NBA All-Star Game or a 5’4” tennis player making the Top Ten?

10. I think you're talking about David. He's still being awkward and I'm still trying to give him opportunities but he makes me think there's something wrong with me by being so nervous. :o

11. I always tried to collect all four railroads. You hold the most power.

12. I like the moneybag :D

13. Depends on how many active PG's there are in the NBA. Two of my favorite Laker's are PG (I think) and they are the two smallest guys on the team. But they're 6'1" and 6'4". So a small PG can have success on a team but can a guy that small compete against the bigger guys? IDK. And I'd find a 5'4" top tenner pretty much an impossible feat. One might be up for a fluke big win but I can't see one doing that consistently. I'd say the small tennis player.

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 07:09 AM
4. There was an episode of the American Office where a black employee moved to the Scranton branch. He attempted to curry favor with Stanley (another black man) in this manner:

(a) Please describe one occasion where another person of color attempted to play the we're-ethnically-and/or-culturally-similar-so-let's-get-all-chummy-with-each-other card on you and you were like, WTF?!

(b) Please describe one occasion where you attempted to play the we're-ethnically-and/or-culturally-similar-so-let's-let's-get-all-chummy-with-each-other card on someone and they were like, WTF?!

Probably this summer when I was staying in Paris. I was the only racial minority in my study abroad group of 40 and there was only one gay guy. One night, we were all hanging out in the courtyard, and he was a little intoxicated. He started calling me his boo... as if black people still say that. :o I just ignored him because he was drunk and didn't know what he was saying. Even though we were close, it kinda showed me that he couldn't see past my skin color to see who I really am. I mean, a few minutes talking to me and you'd know I am probably one of the most non-Black-acting Black people you'll meet. :lol: Heck, I love Justin Bieber for crying out loud :lol:

No, I can't recall ever doing that to anyone. It's ignorant :o

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 07:14 AM
15. Here's another question Jess never answered ()...Look at this girl's tattoo:

You have to get a tattoo in that general location, and the characters must also be that large. You will never be able to remove it. The tattoo must consist of a four-line verse from a popular song that was released between 1965 and 1990. The tattoo must also contain at least 30 words. (Realistically, this verse will cover quite a bit of your back.) Which song/verse do you choose? Why?

The chorus from Elton John's Your Song, written in 1969 :p

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

I'm a writer.. well, I like to write. And writers know, especially songwriters, that what they write is special and means a lot to them. And if you are willing to give someone your writing, your poetry, your words, your song... well that's about the most meaningful and precious thing you can give. :awww:

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 07:17 AM
God, I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaally not clever enough for this :lol: but I'll try ;) some of these folks, well, I know them, but not really, you know?

16. I have a friend who has been nicknamed "Peaches." (Don't ask.) Please christen the following MTFers using the names of different fruits/vegetables and explain your selections:

(a) Action Jackson

Turnip: turnips are bitter and he seems like a bitter person, for some reason

(b) Mr.Chopin

Onion, because he has the word "chop" in his SN and you chop onions :lol:

(c) Tangerine Dream

Uhh... duh :lol:

(d) Betty

Apple: apples are sweet and so is Betty :)

(e) Bad Gambler

can't think of anything

(f) Thanos/Wacked 82

can't think of anything

(g) Corey Feldman

Carrots: I have a love/hate relationship with carrots :o

(h) AO 09: Rogi Wept

Plastic fruit dinner table display because it's fake, just like this SN ;)

(i) NinaNina

Sweet Pea :hug:

(j) Mellow Yellow

banana: can't think of anything clever

--------

I'll have to come back to this one. It's hard :(

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 07:28 AM
I'll finish this in the morning :yawn:

scoobs
12-17-2009, 08:26 AM
What are your hopes for 2010?

Bibberz
12-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Damn, boo, why did you reply in separate posts? :lol: Are you trying to compete with Jess' thread?

:lol: Why? BGT is clever.

http://bravellir.com/gallery/d/6886-1/tumbleweed.gif

Think about the offer, though. :D

Well, I did some work raising money to help rebuild homes. I donated clothing and toiletries. My family took in some family from Gulfport whose home was destroyed. I really can't think of anything specific though. i went to New Orleans 5 months later in January and the city was pretty much desolate. I'd never seen it like that. You could see the houses that had X's painted on them, showing they had already been checked for dead bodies. You could see the how far the waters reached on houses and even on the walls surrounding the free-ways. It had to be a terrifying and tragic ordeal, and I'm so happy to see the city back. it's so wonderful :D

Hmm, that is nice. I think I would have preferred a story about a French Quarter hooker, though, to be honest.

11. I always tried to collect all four railroads. You hold the most power.

:spit:

13. Depends on how many active PG's there are in the NBA. Two of my favorite Laker's are PG (I think) and they are the two smallest guys on the team. But they're 6'1" and 6'4". So a small PG can have success on a team but can a guy that small compete against the bigger guys? IDK. And I'd find a 5'4" top tenner pretty much an impossible feat. One might be up for a fluke big win but I can't see one doing that consistently. I'd say the small tennis player.Yeah, I stopped reading after that part. :o

No, I can't recall ever doing that to anyone. It's ignorant :o

That's a bit...harsh, no?

The chorus from Elton John's Your Song, written in 1969 :p

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

Um, I do mind, actually. I mind quite a bit. :( I asked for a four-line verse. FAIL.

scoobs
12-17-2009, 09:08 AM
So what are your hopes for 2010?

~*BGT*~
12-20-2009, 03:14 AM
What are your hopes for 2010?

So what are your hopes for 2010?

1. To continue getting healthier.

2. To try to run one of those charity races they have in my hometown. We always have them in January, February, and April so I will check them out :)

3. To do more volunteer work

4. To save $3000-4000 by the end of the year to put in a 6-month CD to use for a second trip to Paris in summer 2011

5. To decide whether or not to go to grad school. If so, I think I will do my research on the treatment of minorities in the media. My undergrad is in media/public relations :)

6. Visit my first pro tournament

7. Get a 3.5 GPA in the spring, summer and fall semesters at school

8. To meet more people and make more friends and open up more :)