In the spotlight - Voo de Mar [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

In the spotlight - Voo de Mar

Eden
12-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Voo, nice to see that you are interested in a thread, though I can totally understand it that you asked not to answer that private questions :)

Hope these ones are ok:

1) Who would be a good choice as the new ATP president?
2) Who will win the GS tournaments in 2009?
3) When did you start watching tennis?
4) Which match do you consider as best of all time?
5) Which Tiebreak do you consider as best of all time? :p
6) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?
7) How would your friends describe you?
8) What do you value most in a person?
9) Which are your 10 favourite songs of all time?
10) What are your best and worst characteristic traits?
11) What’s your philosophy of life?
12) Do you have any quirks?
13) What's the current best match up in tennis and which was the best one in the past?
14) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Nathaliia
12-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Someone said I should change my avatar because it is scary :rolleyes:.Do you agree?

Which foreign languages do you know and which you'd like to learn?

Voo de Mar
12-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi, here I am.

http://photos.nasza-klasa.pl/1265733/68/other/std/8acae70b19.jpeg

I sit comfortably and I'm ready to answer your questions. Beside me, my black guard (embodied spirit of Eden) who keeps watch over my sincerity ;)

Voo, nice to see that you are interested in a thread, though I can totally understand it that you asked not to answer that private questions :)

Hope these ones are ok:

1) Who would be a good choice as the new ATP president?
2) Who will win the GS tournaments in 2009?
3) When did you start watching tennis?
4) Which match do you consider as best of all time?
5) Which Tiebreak do you consider as best of all time? :p
6) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?
7) How would your friends describe you?
8) What do you value most in a person?
9) Which are your 10 favourite songs of all time?
10) What are your best and worst characteristic traits?
11) What’s your philosophy of life?
12) Do you have any quirks?
13) What's the current best match up in tennis and which was the best one in the past?
14) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

1) Someone who knows the game very well, much more better than the previous president; I think a good former player in the early 40's would be the best choice but I don't know the candidates, so it's tough to say, generally I don't care, want to watch many dramatic matches with high level of play... actually any president hasn't impact on this

2) :confused:
Djokovic - Australian Open and US Open,
Andy Murray - Wimbledon,
Roland Garros - a surprising winner, one-shot Grand Slam wonder

3) I started watching tennis October 19, 1990 when I was 10. I was sick, didn't go to school and was watching a quarterfinal match in Atwerp between Ivanisevic and Cash which the Croat won 1-6 7-6 7-5. I didn't know the rules but was fascinated with this match although I had seen fragments from several matches earlier. The following day I watched the semifinals and learnt the basic rules. Next week was tournament in Paris-Bercy and I had already a tennis notebook to write the scorelines. Unfortunately I haven't got my first tennis notebook :(

4) From all matches which I have seen in the last 19 years, I think the second semifinal of Compaq Grand Slam in Munich 1993 has been the best. Korda out of nowhere defeated the best player in the world then and the best tie-breaker of all time, Sampras 3-6 7-6(3) 3-6 7-6(10) 13-11. Sampras usually known as an amazingly strong mentally player, lost all sets that should've won. Was leading 6-3, 5:2*, had match points in the 4th and 5th set, 5 in all. Both players finished the match with cramps. Great tennis, extraordinary drama, within 4 hours 31 minutes.

5) The record (20-18) ties 5 players: Borg, Ivanisevic (won twice 20-18), Federer, Acasuso and Tsonga. I saw only Federer & Tsonga's tie-breaks but I think Borg's achievement is the most impressive because he won TB 20-18 in the set which was finished 9-8 not 7-6... But I can't tell which has been the best, don't know which criteria use to rate it.

6) Richard Krajicek was definitely my favorite player in years 1992-2003, so almost from beginning to the end of his career. I was extremely happy when he won Wimbledon '96 because I had been predicting it since 1992, the same story with Albert Costa and Gaston Gaudio, I knew they have to win Roland Garros someday...
I didn't like watch Krajicek's matches against Stich and Ivanisevic but I hadn't an opponent to enjoy him playing against.

7) Ask them if you want to know :p It's impossible... I don't know what my friends think about me and how they would describe me.

8) Distance itself from moralizing the others.

9) I mentioned 5 songs in the specific thread and the choice is connected with some important periods in my life or occurrences.

Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
Pearl Jam - Black
INXS - Old World New World
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On?
Van Morrison - Into the Mystic
Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
R.E.M. - So. Central Rain
Duran Duran - Come Undone
U2 - Heartland
Fleetwood Mac - Dreams (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7925941&postcount=184)

10)
Best - high level of empathy
Worst - impatience

11) Go your own way, depending on private experiences with mixture of intuition and analysis

12) No, I don't

13) The best match up? - I don't know, the second part of the question is repeating of the question No. 4

14) I don't want to think about myself in 10 years time because I haven't got guarantee I will be alive then, everyday someone dies, so I'm surprised that I'm still alive

:wavey: Thanks Eden for the questions.

Someone said I should change my avatar because it is scary :rolleyes:.Do you agree?

Which foreign languages do you know and which you'd like to learn?

Don't agree, your new avatar is interesting and isn't scary.

Hope I know my native language very well verbally and in writing, I can talk in English better than in Italian or German but unfortunately I don't know English well enough to talk about serious issues. I'd like to know 7 languages in all, also Spanish, Dutch and French. I can read simple texts in Dutch and Spanish, French is extremely difficult for me but I believe that decent knowledge of Italian and Spanish allows me to learn French as well, at least on the "reading-writing" level.

Stensland
12-07-2008, 02:43 PM
where in poland do you live?

what polish player do you think might make it to the top 50 near-term?

why do you have a dutch flag next to your username? and what does that name mean anyways?

what's your favorite sport apart from tennis?

what did you think of the film "katyn"?

do you believe nalbandian is going to win a slam during his career?

is tennis a big deal in poland?

what's your interest in the women's tour like? please rate on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest.

jonathancrane
12-07-2008, 07:00 PM
What is your favourite stat? Aces? DF? 5-setters?

Don't you think Sampras - Krajicek H2H is one of the strangest in Open Era? (They had similar game, but Pete had better serve, better volley, better forehand)

Favourite drug? :p

Voo de Mar
12-07-2008, 09:35 PM
where in poland do you live?

Live in Częstochowa. 13th biggest city in Poland; more than 240 thousand inhabitants. Boring city as hell or maybe better to say "boring as heaven" ;) because it's one of the most famous cities of the relligion cult because of Jasna Góra and millions of pilgrims from all over the world who haunt that place every year. There are many catholic churches :o The only good thing is that I live in the city centre, outside the centre there is absolutely nothing interesting (the centre isn't interesting as well).

what polish player do you think might make it to the top 50 near-term?

None, especially that the biggest sponsor of tennis in Poland, Ryszard Krauze has withdraw from financing the most talented young players, males and females.

why do you have a dutch flag next to your username? and what does that name mean anyways?

I like the colour configuration it corresponds with my "location" here ;) The Netherlands is my favorite European country, since my childhood I've have been always support the Dutch athletes. Also important is fact that the Netherlands is famous inter alia from social tolerance. It match to me because my worldview is almost extremely left-winged.

what's your favorite sport apart from tennis?

To watch - volleyball, to play - table tennis. As a kid I was a huge football fan more or less between 1984 and 1995. Since 1995 tennis is definitely the most important in my life.

what did you think of the film "katyn"?

Nothing :) I haven't watched it. Don't like the war films at all and the Polish martyr depicted in those films :o Moreover I don't appreciate Andrzej Wajda on the contrary to other Polish directors (:worship: Polański, Żuławski, Kieślowski, Zanussi :worship:) who are for me the only Poles (beside Wojtek Fibak) worth to mention in the international forum.

do you believe nalbandian is going to win a slam during his career?

Tough to say, he has disappointed me. After 2003 I thought he would be the next king of tennis but lost QF at the Australian Open '04 to Federer and we all know the rest of story... IMO Nalbandian deserves to win at least one Grand Slam title.

is tennis a big deal in poland?

It isn't. Tennis in Poland has been pathetic. It's a little bit better than in the 90's, especially in woman's tennis thanks to A.Radwańska but there isn't a good system to train some good, prospective players. I don't see any bright future for the Polish tennis in the next 10-15 years. Radwańska hasn't nor interesting personality or good looks to make a big impact on Polish tennis.

what's your interest in the women's tour like? please rate on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest.

2 :confused:
watch only Grand Slam matches at the quarterfinal stage and later. I prefer to watch women in the other sorts of activity :)

Voo de Mar
12-07-2008, 09:46 PM
What is your favourite stat? Aces? DF? 5-setters?

I like equally all stats from my signature.

Don't you think Sampras - Krajicek H2H is one of the strangest in Open Era? (They had similar game, but Pete had better serve, better volley, better forehand)

One of the strangest - no - because Krajicek had amazing 1st serve, very good volley and forehand. IMO there weren't big difference in the departments you've mentioned between these two, it's more the matter of Krajicek's clearly worse 2nd serve, overhead and backhand. Their H2H is strange indeed. Sampras had problems with reading Krajicek's serve but is tough to explain why he has negative record against the Dutchman.

Favourite drug? :p

:o I like to taste many things but I'm only an occasional drug-tripper so I haven't the favourite one :D

q.j.
12-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Nothing :) I haven't watched it. Don't like the war films at all and the Polish martyr depicted in those films :o Moreover I don't appreciate Andrzej Wajda on the contrary to other Polish directors (:worship: Polański, Żuławski, Kieślowski, Zanussi :worship:) who are for me the only Poles (beside Wojtek Fibak) worth to mention in the international forum.

hey Voo you are a fan of Zhulawski, i'm a big fan of his ever since i saw Femme publique
and i managed to see almost all of his films that were made in France
so the questions are

-which of his films are your favorite?
-how is he viewed upon in Poland today being that he fled to France after they seized one of his early films, i can't really recall which one, as an successful author or an avant-garde wanna be as some :retard: like to label him ?
-and how easy is to get hold of his films i mean are there dvd's you can buy, or is he only shown on some retrospectives etc, because on internet you can't find almost nothing of his.. ?
- Five Years or Life on Mars ?

I don't see any bright future for the Polish tennis in the next 10-15 years. Radwańska hasn't nor interesting personality or good looks to make a big impact on Polish tennis.

:lol:

Ivanatis
12-07-2008, 10:06 PM
thanks for your rep, friend :)

which other sports do you follow?

Stensland
12-07-2008, 10:20 PM
None, especially that the biggest sponsor of tennis in Poland, Ryszard Krauze has withdraw from financing the most talented young players, males and females.

why did he do that? any specific reason?

if you had to pick one, who would be your surprise finalist at the australian open 09?

do major tournaments like the masters get broadcast in poland or do you have to rely on stream like germans?

how do you rate roddick's chances of winning another slam?

Voo de Mar
12-07-2008, 10:31 PM
hey Voo you are a fan of Zhulawski, i'm a big fan of his ever since i saw Femme publique
and i managed to see almost all of his films that were made in France
so the questions are

That's great :hug: Żuławski is completely underrated in Poland, most of Polish people haven't a clue about him :o And if they get a clue it's connect with his implicit romance with Polish actress 40 years his junior.

-which of his films are your favorite?

"Diabeł (Devil)" (1972) and "Szamanka" (1996) from Polish ones, amazingly freaky films :worship: (but "Possession" is probably the most freaking one)
"L'important c'est d'aimer" (1975) from the French ones.

-how is he viewed upon in Poland today being that he fled to France after they seized one of his early films, i can't really recall which one, as an successful author or an avant-garde wanna be as some :retard: like to label him ?

He fled to France in 1976 when he was directing "Na srebrnym globie" (the fragment from youtube), a futuristic, demonic epos full of pathos, absolutely extraordinary film in the Polish cinematography. The film was fragmentary destroyed by the communistic regim :retard:, Żuławski was actually banished and close to commit suicide but finished the film 12 years later at the end of communism in Poland in a freaking way, explaining from off what he wasn't able to direct. Yes, he has the bad label in Poland, he's too distinct and innovative to be appreciate in Poland :(

aCka1bc9JXs

-and how easy is to get hold of his films i mean are there dvd's you can buy, or is he only shown on some retrospectives etc, because on internet you can't find almost nothing of his.. ?

I don't see DVD's of his films, he's rather banned in Polish television, almost everything what I've seen (I know all his films) downloaded from Internet.

- Five Years or Life on Mars ?

Life on Mars :) One of my first favourite songs, I was listening it passionately in 1987 or 1988 saying to my father that I understand what he's singing about :lol:

Kitty de Sade
12-07-2008, 10:45 PM
1) Do you plan to get more tattoos?

2) Who is your favorite actor/actress?

3) Which is more important to you- a woman's face or her body?

4) What was the last CD you listened to?

5) Which tennis season is your favorite (clay, grass, hc, etc.)?

q.j.
12-07-2008, 11:01 PM
That's great :hug: Żuławski is completely underrated in Poland, most of Polish people haven't a clue about him :o And if they get a clue it's connect with his implicit romance with Polish actress 40 years his junior.
:lol: i heard he is quite the lady's man
and Marceau wouldn't stay with him so long for nothing, no?

"Diabeł (Devil)" (1972) and "Szamanka" (1996) from Polish ones, amazing freak films :worship:
"L'important c'est d'aimer" (1975) from the French ones.
i've heard of them all but only watched the last with Romy Shneider
mine would probably be L'amour braque

Yes, he has the bad label in Poland, he's too distinct and innovative to be appreciate in Poland :(
and from what i've read almost everywhere else
the thing is that i saw all of his film when i was 15-18 year old, mostly on TV, they were randomly displayed as some sort of omnibus of his, and at that age i had seen a decent amount of movies but he seemed so new, distinctive, i was completely mesmerized by the editing, the pace and the frenzy in his movies, and how with all this unconventional, almost self-disruptive approaches to directing, he managed to make absolute sense of what he was trying to say, the movies ended up being very fluid, memorable, beautiful.

I don't see DVD's of his films, he's rather banned in Polish television, almost everything what I've seen (I know all his films) downloaded from Internet.

feel free to PM me the exact links to these movies, if the are available that is :wavey:

Voo de Mar
12-07-2008, 11:01 PM
and what does that name mean

I forgot about this one, sorry Rainer...
Invented that name around 2000 based on my initials and nickname. As a member of this forum I realized thanks to Zirconek, "vôo de mar" in Portuguese means "sea's flight" and I think it's :cool:

I'll reply tomorrow on the other questions :wavey:

Voo de Mar
12-08-2008, 01:54 PM
which other sports do you follow?

Nowadays only volleyball - this sport is a huge deal in Poland, there is one of the three best leagues in the world (along with Russian and Italian).
I don't follow table tennis albeit love to play this game. I try to watch all sports at the Olympic Games. In the past I was a big football fan and basketball too.

why did he do that? any specific reason?

Krauze (3rd richest man in Poland '08) has withdrawn probably because of problems with the previous Polish government. He has had accusation of conflicting evidence and has danger to go to prison for 5 years. Because of his problems there wasn't tournament in Sopot this year, he had been the main sponsor of this tourney throughout the years.

if you had to pick one, who would be your surprise finalist at the australian open 09?

Simon.

do major tournaments like the masters get broadcast in poland or do you have to rely on stream like germans?

Yes, all Masters Series events and Masters Cup are shown in Polish television "live".

how do you rate roddick's chances of winning another slam?

Very low. I think he's finished as a Top 10 player. I can imagine another Grand Slam quarterfinals or maybe semifinal for him, but don't see him in the GS final or Masters Cup anymore.

Betty
12-08-2008, 02:00 PM
quanti tatoo hai voo:p

Voo de Mar
12-08-2008, 02:03 PM
1) Do you plan to get more tattoos?

2) Who is your favorite actor/actress?

3) Which is more important to you- a woman's face or her body?

4) What was the last CD you listened to?

5) Which tennis season is your favorite (clay, grass, hc, etc.)?

1) Definitley "yes". I suppose to get tattoos throughout my life. Don't want them in the most visible parts of the body (forearms, calves, neck), also don't want to have the big ones, rather small, symbolic like those what I've got so far.

2) Johny Depp - Jennifer Jason Leigh

3) Woman's face is the most important :cool: I can't tell about facial features, like different faces but hair is important, I'm not interested in women with short hair.

4) "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" by David Bowie :lol: because I got this CD last week from my friend who was keeping it many years.

5) Clay what is a little bit paradoxical because I've been prefering serve and volley tennis, the most unprofitable on this surface.

Voo de Mar
12-08-2008, 02:45 PM
quanti tatoo hai voo:p

Ciao Betty :hug: Sono tornato a studiare italiano una settimana fa.
Ho sei tatuaggi: tre "kanji" sulla sinistra spalla (da sinestra a destra: fortuna, verità, saggezza); una stella a cinque punte sopra il destro gomito; il mio simbolo di acqua e fuoco al destro inguine ;) e il mio disegno di doppia faccia di un ragazzo e una capra sul fianco :D

Betty
12-08-2008, 02:51 PM
che belli..
che significato hanno,specie il ragazzo?
hai mai postato una tua foto?

Voo de Mar
12-08-2008, 03:00 PM
che belli..
che significato hanno,specie il ragazzo?

mistero :secret:

hai mai postato una tua foto?

La mia foto è sulla prima pagina questo filo. Mi siedo accanto alla donna italiana :)

Betty
12-08-2008, 03:11 PM
sei realmente tu?wow...:aplot::p

Voo de Mar
12-08-2008, 04:53 PM
sei realmente tu?wow...:aplot::p

io ovviamente, tre mesi fa sul traghetto :)

Betty
12-08-2008, 04:58 PM
complimenti;)
come mai hai ripreso a studiare italiano?

Voo de Mar
12-08-2008, 05:02 PM
complimenti;)
come mai hai ripreso a studiare italiano?

ho avuto a riandare all'olanda ma non lo fatto perciò sono tornato a studiare

Betty
12-08-2008, 05:03 PM
scusa...u mean,per non tornare in olanda e restare in polonia?

Voo de Mar
12-08-2008, 05:08 PM
si, come si dice "u mean"?

Betty
12-08-2008, 05:16 PM
u mean=tu intendi

magari lo conosci già, ma questo sito è ottimo se hai bisogno di tradurre qualche parola
http://www.wordreference.com/enit/mean

Voo de Mar
12-08-2008, 05:19 PM
grazie, si, uso questo sito quasi ogni giorno :)

Betty
12-08-2008, 05:20 PM
voo ma tu lavori o vai all'università?

preferisci che ti parli in inglese?

Voo de Mar
12-08-2008, 05:23 PM
vado all'università, preferisco parlare in inglese, studio italiano solamente un'anno e due mesi, ma mi piace parlare con te in italiano

Betty
12-08-2008, 05:26 PM
what do u study at uni?

Voo de Mar
12-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Actually I've finished studies (pedagogics) but I haven't a full-time job. I want to go on postgraduate studies or do it something abroad.

Betty
12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
well so good luck for it :hug::yeah:

Nathaliia
12-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Why don't you want to give people your real name despite telling your age or posting pics?

Voo de Mar
12-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Because my name gave me my parents. Name is something what'd accompany you throughout whole life as a phrase with some vibrations which in fact belong to your parents. IMO a mature human being should have possibility to give itself own name, in some sense it happens at the confirmation (at least in our country, I don't know if it's a normal thing in other countries) but I haven't this because of obvious reasons. The internet space so far is the only way to name myself this way I'd like in the real life.

Aloimeh
12-09-2008, 02:55 AM
What is your personal attitude towards Russia and Russian culture? What about Germany and German culture? Do you think Poles are closer culturally to Germans (as Western Christians, within the Catholic sphere and more interacting with central Europe) or to Russians (Eastern Christians heavily influenced by Byzantium, but Slavs).

Voo de Mar
12-09-2008, 05:25 PM
What is your personal attitude towards Russia and Russian culture?

My attitude is rather negative, I can't rationally explain it. Russia is a huge country and obviously don't want to insult Russian members of this forum with injurious opinions because I haven't prejudice to the people, but for me Russia is a freak anti-modern, cold country with huge discrepancy between rich and poor people. I don't understand this culture, don't want to go there, don't want to know Russian language although is similar to Polish (so theoretically easy for me to learn). Russia did a big impact on Polish government in the years 1945-1989 and I haven't positive sentiment to this period in Polish history which is generally called "communism" (also because of the tennis issue) but definitely I haven't anything against a Russian citizen.

What about Germany and German culture? Do you think Poles are closer culturally to Germans (as Western Christians, within the Catholic sphere and more interacting with central Europe) or to Russians (Eastern Christians heavily influenced by Byzantium, but Slavs).

That's a terrific question (!) because I like to think about these issues. However I'm not deeply into history, politics or sociology, therefore it's tough to say something liable and I can't reply you with well rounded way.
Likewise Italy for instance, Poland is generally divided into "two countries", but the division flows in the different directions, in Italy it's horizontal, in Poland the division is vertical, so generally speaking, the western Poland (richer, up-to-date, more liberal, pro-European) culturally is closer to Germany; eastern Poland (excluding Polish capital - Warsaw) is poorer, old-fashioned, traditional, anti-European and conservative... and closer to Russia. I live in the centre part of Poland and have got impression that my hometown is culturally mixed with both cultures. Mentally I feel myself more German than Slavic (btw I have German blood in my veins because the great-grandfather of my mother was a German) but it's a really complicated matter and I'm too big ignorant in this issue to treat my utterance very serious.

ExcaliburII
12-09-2008, 06:19 PM
you said you would answer it easily, time to answer now :D

what would you chose, to give oral sex to a guy, or to get your balls cut with scissors?

Voo de Mar
12-09-2008, 06:39 PM
you said you would answer it easily, time to answer now :D

what would you chose, to give oral sex to a guy, or to get your balls cut with scissors?

definitely i'd chose first option, my penis is precious to me :yeah:

ExcaliburII
12-10-2008, 02:48 AM
:spit: I knew you would answer that. Every normal person should answer that, but GlennMyrnyi is shy to admit he would suck a mans cock. :haha:

Eden
12-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi, here I am.

http://big.photos.nasza-klasa.pl/1265733/68/main/bc8f2d9d89.jpeg

I sit comfortably and I'm ready to answer your questions. Beside me, my black guard (embodied spirit of Eden) who keeps watch over my sincerity ;)

:lol: :hug:

Thanks for your answers :)

Some new ones:

1) What was the best moment this year for you?
2) Who's your favorite Old Hollywood actor?
3) Which band/musician would you have loved to see in a concert, though it isn’t possible now anymore?
4) Which movie have you seen most often?
5) When was the last time you ate something for the first time? (what was it?)
6) What can't be missing in your fridge?
7) If you could change the outcome of one tennismatch what would it be?
8) Do you keep things from your childhood?
9) Is there one person in your life of who you wish you wouldn't have met?
10) When you would have the chance to speak to a person who you can't meet anymore now who would it be and what would you like to say?

:wavey:

Voo de Mar
12-11-2008, 10:57 PM

1) What was the best moment this year for you?
2) Who's your favorite Old Hollywood actor?
3) Which band/musician would you have loved to see in a concert, though it isn’t possible now anymore?
4) Which movie have you seen most often?
5) When was the last time you ate something for the first time? (what was it?)
6) What can't be missing in your fridge?
7) If you could change the outcome of one tennismatch what would it be?
8) Do you keep things from your childhood?
9) Is there one person in your life of who you wish you wouldn't have met?
10) When you would have the chance to speak to a person who you can't meet anymore now who would it be and what would you like to say?

1) When I was siting alone on a hill in Calvi (Corsica), listening music from my MP3 player :cool: I was looking at the Ligurian Sea, observing irrelevant occurrences below my point of view, and was really happy, beyond the time, unfortunately those moments are very ephemeral...
2) Tough to say because I've been rarely watching films in this decade but in the 90's it was probably Harvey Keitel (born in 1939).
3) Obviously INXS with Michael Hutchence :yeah:
4) "True Romance" (1993) by Tony Scott
5) Broccoli and potatos in batter, in June :lick:
6) Frozen vegetables, today I ate risotto
7) Ivanisevic-Krajicek at Wimbledon 1998 (SF). Ivanisevic won 6-3 6-4 5-7 6-7 15-13 although was break down at 2:3 in the 5th set and I was sure then it would be the most amazing win in Krajicek's career (he saved double match point on return in the 4th set).
8) I try to keep some things, have my tennis notebooks from the 90's for example. Unfortunately now and then I have to bin some things because don't have a storage to collect everything what's important on account of my personal history
9) I don't think so
10) It would be my grandmother but haven't idea what'd say to her

GlennMirnyi
12-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Voo, first I'm gonna say you're one of my favorite posters in MTF and I love your tie-break stats.

Considering my appreciation for your work, I'm gonna ask something related to it:

- When has this fixation with 7/6 started? And why not a fixation for another number, like 69? :p

Voo de Mar
12-12-2008, 04:33 AM
That's a good question because I haven't precise answer although personally I'd like to know.
Maybe because a tie-break happened in the first tennis set I played (it was a five-setter btw) :shrug: I think this fixation lasts almost as long as my interested in tennis.
I have some fixation with '69' but it isn't connected with sex. Simply I like the most these numbers -> 3, 6 and 9 in each configuration. I pay attention at the numbers and I think it's consequence of fixation with scorelines, I've got multitude of tennis results (with exact scorelines) in my head but it's tough to appraise how many but certainly plenty of them "the best of five" with TB scorelines :)

ChinoRios4Ever
12-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Favorite stat?
You like chilean tennis players?
You like football?
Best match you have ever seen?

Voo de Mar
12-13-2008, 01:44 AM
Favorite stat?
You like chilean tennis players?
You like football?
Best match you have ever seen?

:) This question returns.. I suppose "tie-breaks", I'm upset that atptennis.com has tie-break scorelines only since 1991 :( I'd like to know all tie-breaks in the Open Era :yeah:

Yes, but i'm not a huge fan of them... anyway 'Rios-Gonzalez-Massu' is a demonic Chilean trinity :rocker2: Amazing players, Rios because of his golden touch, Gonzo and Massu because of extraordinary mental spirit.

Yes, but recently I prefer volleyball

I answered this question on the first page of this thread.

~Maya~
12-13-2008, 02:32 AM

Are You A Follower Or A Leader?
Have you ever driven while drunk or tipsy?
The happiest moment in your life?
What makes you and your best friend so close?
How would you evaluate the quality of the health care system in your country? Relatively good, needs some improvement, not that good or abysmal? What is it that you dislike the most about it? (if anything)
Are you close w/your parents and siblings?
I am unreasonably scared of spiders. Do you have such phobias?

Thanks for your time

Voo de Mar
12-14-2008, 03:59 AM

Are You A Follower Or A Leader?
Have you ever driven while drunk or tipsy?
The happiest moment in your life?
What makes you and your best friend so close?
How would you evaluate the quality of the health care system in your country? Relatively good, needs some improvement, not that good or abysmal? What is it that you dislike the most about it? (if anything)
Are you close w/your parents and siblings?
I am unreasonably scared of spiders. Do you have such phobias?

Thanks for your time

As a teenager was definitely a leader, recently I'm a follower of democracy doing whatever with my friends but my leader's traits appear from time to time.

Never.

I believe ahead of me.

Confidence, frankness and ability to talk about difficult issues.

Fortunately I haven't any problems with the health care system in my country but needs the improvement without doubts because the nurses strike often, if I remember well, they picketed several weeks two years ago behind the parliament. Moreover there is huge problem with corruption among the doctors. Generally speaking in Poland the corruption is omnipresented even on the very low level of society.

I'm very close with my parents because I'm the single child of them. We have good but often difficult relations.

I haven't any phobias of this kind but I'm a neurotic person. My fears are connected mainly with my future and the things I would do or abandon and in the consequence destroy my life.

~Maya~
12-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Never.

:yeah:

Eden
12-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Voo :hug:

some new ones for you:

1) Why is Krajicek your favourite player and you dislike Stich?
2) What do you think about the fact that INXS continued their career with a new singer?
3) I have just seen that you wrote in your prediction answer about the winners of next year's GS that you believe that a surprising winner will take the title of RG. Do you really think that Nadal is not going to win the tournament and who do you suspect he is going to lose to?
4) Who's your favourite tennis commentator and why?
5) How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
6) Which 10 places of your country are a must-see for a visitor?
7) You can go back in time and prevent a great catastrophe. Which one would you prevent?
8) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?
9) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?
10) Out of your five senses, which one would you say is your best?

Voo de Mar
12-15-2008, 09:47 PM
1) Why is Krajicek your favourite player and you dislike Stich?
2) What do you think about the fact that INXS continued their career with a new singer?
3) I have just seen that you wrote in your prediction answer about the winners of next year's GS that you believe that a surprising winner will take the title of RG. Do you really think that Nadal is not going to win the tournament and who do you suspect he is going to lose to?
4) Who's your favourite tennis commentator and why?
5) How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
6) Which 10 places of your country are a must-see for a visitor?
7) You can go back in time and prevent a great catastrophe. Which one would you prevent?
8) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?
9) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?
10) Out of your five senses, which one would you say is your best?

1) Great question because the answer is correlated... I began to like Krajicek when he was playing against Stich at Australian Open 1992 (Krajicek won in 5). I had seen him a few times in 1991 but had been an indifferent player for me and suddenly I loved his tennis in that match in Melboure. One year later they were playing a final in Stuttgart (again five-setter), I was already a Krajicek's fan and at 5:6, MP-down in the 5th, Krajicek served IMO a clear ace (the point was replayed many times in TV) but the linesman called "out" and Rudi Berger didn't change his decision. Stich won that point after Krajicek's second serve, the tournament and I was very angry because had an impression that Stich won thanks to his compatriots, albeit is tough to blame Berger because Krajicek's serve was very fast and the umpire was sitting far from the sideline :o
2) Dislike this decision because Michael Hutchence was a song writer and amazingly charismatic personality. I haven't been interested in "new-INXS" since his suicide in 1997 :(
3) He can lose to a good claycourter who will play a match of the life. I know it's hard to imagine but finally Nadal has to lose in Paris, I feel it will happen in 2009 :shrug:
4) Very old Polish commentator (87 year-old). He's awesome because of ability to join passion with calmness. Moreover great language skills, sometimes almost poetry ;)
5) I'm freaky sleeper because I sleep within a month at each hour of the day and night :p I can't tell you how many hours in a night but 8-10 hours within a natural day. So I haven't problem with quantity...
6) 10 places :scratch: Very tough question because I don't like specially my country. I haven't been in all the biggest Polish cities but from those which I've known, I can recommend Sopot, Wrocław (German name - Breslau) and Kraków. And my hometown if someone is a catholic (to visit Jasna Góra) or to meet with me ;)
7) Sorry but I can't answer reasonably on this question :( I've never thought about it
8) July 30th 1999 :D I wanted to get PC only because of access to the tennis informations through the mediation of Internet :) I used Internet for the first time in 1998 at my cousin's house to read and print information about US Open '98. At my house I used Internet for the first time 1st August 1999 and it was Duran Duran's official website
9) I've never thought about it as well :o I've been thinking too much rationally to drag away myself from reality into the questions of this kind :lol:
10) All my senses are dull ;) I suppose "touch" is my strongest one

the biscuit
12-15-2008, 09:50 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before but how come you speak some Dutch? I don't think it's your mother tongue, am I right?

En dank je voor de goodrep! :p Ik vond het ook een toffe foto, maar ik heb nu iets gekozen dat beter bij de kerstsfeer past. :)

ETA - I have checked back now and you basically learned it on your own? I'm impressed. :D

Voo de Mar
12-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before but how come you speak some Dutch? I don't think it's your mother tongue, am I right?

Yes, you're right, unfortunately my Dutch is on a very low level, but I've bagun to learn just year ago on my own :)

En dank je voor de goodrep! :p Ik vond het ook een toffe foto, maar ik heb nu iets gekozen dat beter bij de kerstsfeer past. :)

Ik had ogen zoals Britney vorige vrijdag toen ik BZP nam :secret:

the biscuit
12-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Yes, you're right, unfortunately my Dutch is on a very low level, but I've begun to learn just year ago on my own :)

I haven't had the chance to have a real conversation with you in Dutch but judging from what you did write, you're quite good for learning it on your own and for having only done that for a year. :yeah: It's def better than if I were to learn a language by myself. :p Your mistakes weren't horrific either, Walloons make them all the time despite Belgium, the country where they've lived all their lives, being bilingual. :D :o

Ik had ogen zoals Britney vorige vrijdag toen ik BZP nam :secret:

:haha: Ik had het graag gezien.

martine2
12-16-2008, 05:57 PM
I didn't know you were learning Dutch but if you ever need lessons, just yell :banana:

Eden
12-23-2008, 10:50 PM
1) Great question because the answer is correlated... I began to like Krajicek when he was playing against Stich at Australian Open 1992 (Krajicek won in 5). I had seen him a few times in 1991 but had been an indifferent player for me and suddenly I loved his tennis in that match in Melboure. One year later they were playing a final in Stuttgart (again five-setter), I was already a Krajicek's fan and at 5:6, MP-down in the 5th, Krajicek served IMO a clear ace (the point was replayed many times in TV) but the linesman called "out" and Rudi Berger didn't change his decision. Stich won that point after Krajicek's second serve, the tournament and I was very angry because had an impression that Stich won thanks to his compatriots, albeit is tough to blame Berger because Krajicek's serve was very fast and the umpire was sitting far from the sideline :o

Thanks for your explanation :) I don't remember that match in Stuttgart, so I can't comment about the incident.

Do you dislike Stich because he should have overruled the decision from Rudi Berger?

2) Dislike this decision because Michael Hutchence was a song writer and amazingly charismatic personality. I haven't been interested in "new-INXS" since his suicide in 1997 :(

:hug: Michael can't be replaced.

8) July 30th 1999 :D I wanted to get PC only because of access to the tennis informations through the mediation of Internet :) I used Internet for the first time in 1998 at my cousin's house to read and print information about US Open '98. At my house I used Internet for the first time 1st August 1999 and it was Duran Duran's official website

How do you know the exact date? Did you kept the bill?

So you have been a Duranie? :p

Thanks for taking your time to answer the questions :)

Some new ones for you:

1) Who do you have the best relationship with in your family?
2) Who’s your favourite classical composer?
3) If you could live in another person's shoes for one day, who would it be and why?
4) What you do first when you come online?
5) What's the smartest advise that anyone has ever given you?
6) Who do you expect to have his breakthrough next year on the tour?
7) Which have been your favourite 3 matches this year?
8) How many tennismatches have you recorded?
9) You can ask 5 different members of MTF 2 questions. Who would you ask and what would you like to get to know?
10) How do you celebrate Christmas and New Year's Eve?

Wesolych Swiat i Szczesliwego Nowego Roku Voo :hug:

Voo de Mar
12-24-2008, 12:37 AM
Do you dislike Stich because he should have overruled the decision from Rudi Berger?

It's only the past... I didn't like Stich mainly because of that match. I know it's silly but I was just 13 then, when you're a teeneger you see many things differently... often with excessive emotions :) That year I hated him, remember that was excited when he lost the final in CGSC-Munich '93 to Korda... But as you know, I consider him as a best player I've ever seen given his highest level of play. Comparing him with Federer for instance, consider Stich had better serve, volley, backhand, smash, lob and dropshot. Federer has widely better forehand and footwork. Obviously I've got distance to what I've written above because these comparisons of players from different decades are always very difficult and liquid.

How do you know the exact date? Did you kept the bill?

I know the date because I drawed a picture in the computer in the first day of using, and signed it with the date. I have still this picture - it's a tennis court on the green background :D

So you have been a Duranie? :p

I was back in 1999 but still like a few songs and listen quite often: Come Undone (one of my all-time favs), My Antarctica, Notorious, Do You Believe in Shame?, Ordinary World, Save a Prayer...

1) Who do you have the best relationship with in your family?
2) Who’s your favourite classical composer?
3) If you could live in another person's shoes for one day, who would it be and why?
4) What you do first when you come online?
5) What's the smartest advise that anyone has ever given you?
6) Who do you expect to have his breakthrough next year on the tour?
7) Which have been your favourite 3 matches this year?
8) How many tennismatches have you recorded?
9) You can ask 5 different members of MTF 2 questions. Who would you ask and what would you like to get to know?
10) How do you celebrate Christmas and New Year's Eve?

1) It has been changing through the years, currently with my father.

2) I don't listen classical music too often but there are compositions which I adore:
"Allegro Non Troppo" by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky &
"Polonez As Dur 53" by Fryderyk Chopin

3) Federer.
I'd like to know the feeling of being at the top of such a huge pyramid. Nadal is No. 1 but it's still not that level of achievements.

4) Go to a tennis website :) Sometimes firstly here.

5) Difficult question, probably hasn't been any the smartest. I rely on what I've read and what I've experienced. Like to listen carefully the others but the final conclusion belongs to me.

6) Tough to say but in my eyes the biggest potential has definitely Ernests Gulbis. I'm afraid he won't fulfil his potential because comes from too good social background. Next year would be a breakthrough season for him but considering his technical skills he's not a material neither Top 20 nor Top 10 player, but to be "a new Federer".

7) The best tennis what I've seen this year -> last three sets of Wimbledon's final but first two sets of that final were rather boring, very average what doesn't make that final one of the best in history.
Two other matches what were very interesting and exciting for me: Blake def. Grosjean and Federer def. Tipsarevic (both from AO)
Subjectively speaking Fed-Tip -> the best match of the year.
It was transgressive match for Tipsy and Federer had to serve transgressivelly for himself to win, thus the match was spectacular and worth to mention.

8) Don't want to count at the moment, suppose around 40.

9) I've asked so far in the spotlight threads more than 5 members, probably only GlennMirnyi and Naranoc received from me more than one question.

10) I'm aware it can sound a little bit cynically - don't want to celebrate Christmas because I'm a non-believer and don't see any reason why I should celebrate holiday of any religion. The Christmas issue is for me completely irrelevant. I think Christmas might be a very nice time only for children (because there is something fairytale) and old people (awareness of being a member of family when you're lonely with baggage of death of many people who were close). In the case of the rest it's a matter of habit and tradition. I consider myself as an anti-traditionalist.
I had an idea to go to Amsterdam on New Year's Eve with a crew of people I've never met before. Unfortunately there is only a trip for 6 days but I'd like to go only for 3, therefore I abandoned this idea. Maybe I won't celebrate this year at all? I don't know and don't really care. Last year I was at the disco with 3 thousand people on New Year's Eve. I would repeat it this year but it's rather impossible.

Wesolych Swiat i Szczesliwego Nowego Roku Voo :hug:

Eden
12-27-2008, 10:29 PM
It's only the past... I didn't like Stich mainly because of that match. I know it's silly but I was just 13 then, when you're a teeneger you see many things differently... often with excessive emotions :) That year I hated him, remember that was excited when he lost the final in CGSC-Munich '93 to Korda... But as you know, I consider him as a best player I've ever seen given his highest level of play. Comparing him with Federer for instance, consider Stich had better serve, volley, backhand, smash, lob and dropshot. Federer has widely better forehand and footwork. Obviously I've got distance to what I've written above because these comparisons of players from different decades are always very difficult and liquid.

No need to apologize for your attitude towards Stich, Voo :)

I remember that Sampras once said during their careers that Stich would be the best player on a giving day. For his talent the German unfortunately didn't made the best out of his career, but he didn't have the same ambition as other players like Becker for example.

3) Federer.
I'd like to know the feeling of being at the top of such a huge pyramid. Nadal is No. 1 but it's still not that level of achievements.

I'm surprised about this choice.

Thanks for taking your time to answer the questions :)

Eden
12-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Voo, hope you don't mind some new questions :)

1) Which were your 3 favourite matches this season?
2) Which player impressed and who disappointed you the most?
3) What was your favourite sports event this year?
4) How many tiebreaks have been played this season? :p
5) Which was the best match of former times you got to see this year again because you downloaded it or got it from someone on DVD?
6) Would you like to see Krajicek working as a coach?

Thanks in advance for answering :hug:

Voo de Mar
12-13-2009, 05:01 AM
Voo, hope you don't mind some new questions :)

1) Which were your 3 favourite matches this season?
2) Which player impressed and who disappointed you the most?
3) What was your favourite sports event this year?
4) How many tiebreaks have been played this season? :p
5) Which was the best match of former times you got to see this year again because you downloaded it or got it from someone on DVD?
6) Would you like to see Krajicek working as a coach?

Thanks in advance for answering :hug:

:lol: Hi Eden, you surprised me with bumping this thread :hug:

1) Thinking rapidly:

Tsonga-Federer 7-6 1-6 7-6 - because I couldn't believe what was going on + Tsonga is my current favorite player
Del Potro-Federer 3-6 7-6 4-6 7-6 6-2 - because I almost fell asleep during the 2nd set; it looked like a routine 6-3 6-4 6-2 and suddenly I heard an exciting voice of a commentetor that Del Potro leveled up at 5:5 in the 2nd set - since then it was great final :)
Nadal-Djokovic 3-6 7-6 7-6 - because it was first 4 hour three-setter in history; at 3:3 in the 3rd set I began to believe it would be a record...

* I couldn't watch Wimbledon's final but I've got it on DVD and will watch later this December

2) Federer impressed me the most; after 2008 I didn't expect he would win 2 Majors, especially Roland Garros but obviously I didn't expect Nadal's defeat in the 4th round...
Definitely Gulbis disappointed me the most - as you know I consider him as a guy with the biggest potential since Federer in the beginning of 00's; seems that he's a wasted talent; at least this season was completely wasted

3) Tough question; I suppose this year I've been more concentrated on tennis than in any other year in the 00's; apart from tennis actually I was watching only volleyball; I'd say that I enjoyed gold medal for Polish team in the European Championships but without excessive excitation :)

4) None :( I played tennis this year only a couple times (my worst year since 1998) - but it's not I didn't want to, it's a more complicated issue ;) But I've got great tie-break record in singles overall: 75 % :yeah:

5) Good question because I've seen this year plenty of old matches :) IMO Roland Garros final in 1991 was great despite rather not impressive scoreline in terms of dramatic 5-setter: both Courier and Agasi played wonderful match, very aggressive from the baseline with very few unforced errors, and with very solid play at the net. It was one of those matches where the rain changes the momentum :D

6) Yes, I think it would be interesting, I can't imagine that a Krajicek's pupil would play mainly from the baseline :D I hope that in the next decade players will begin to attack to the net more often

Greg-Pete fan
12-13-2009, 08:40 AM
1) How often do you play tennis and which surface you prefer most? :)
2) In your opinion which Sampras vs Agassi match was the best?
3) Which were your 5 favourite players in the 90s?
4) Why wasn`t Ivan Lendl able to win Wimbledon (in your opinion)?
5) What do you think about Agassi book and his story about taking drugs?

Voo de Mar
12-13-2009, 09:04 AM
1) How often do you play tennis and which surface you prefer most? :)
2) In your opinion which Sampras vs Agassi match was the best?
3) Which were your 5 favourite players in the 90s?
4) Why wasn`t Ivan Lendl able to win Wimbledon (in your opinion)?
5) What do you think about Agassi book and his story about taking drugs?

1) I'm not a regular amateurish player; I used to play in amateurish tournaments but since 2005 I've been playing almost only with one of my two biggest friends; but definitely I'll back to the amateurish circuit someday, a question is: when and where? Unfortunately I've never played on grass but suppose it would be my favorite surface since I like to run to the net after 1st and 2nd serve

2) Masters 1994: Sampras won 4-6 7-6 6-3. I haven't seen this match since then but in 1994 I had an impression it was a cosmic tennis

3) 1 - Krajicek; 2 - Edberg; 3 - Rafter; 4 - Sampras; 5 - Boetsch

Krajicek was undoubtedly my favorite player in years 1992-99 (also in 2000-03); don't treat other positions seriously
Guga is one of my all-time favorite players but he wasn't strictly neither 90's nor 00's player

4) I'll try to reply on this question if I see his losing finals 1986-87... maybe later this year

5) I haven't read the book so don't think anything about it. The drug issue: I've got very liberal attitude to drugs, I mean if someone uses drugs because thinks it helps I don't see any problem, the problem is when in the consequence of taking drugs suffer other people. The fact he took something doesn't cause I think he's cool or he's stupid or whatever. I'm not interested in scanning private lives; I prefer to concentrate on events which happen on court.

Greg-Pete fan
12-13-2009, 09:15 AM
1) I'm not a regular amateurish player; I used to play in amateurish tournaments but since 2005 I've been playing almost only with one of my two biggest friends; but definitely I'll back to the amateurish circuit someday, a question is: when and where? Unfortunately I've never played on grass but suppose it would be my favorite surface since I like to run to the net after 1st and 2nd serve

2) Masters 1994: Sampras won 4-6 7-6 6-3. I haven't seen this match since then but in 1994 I had an impression it was a cosmic tennis

We have something in common - serv&volley style ;)

I watched Masters 1994 semifinal a couple of weeks ago and you are right. It was great tennis, but AO 2000 and USO 2001 were also magic :worship:

duong
12-13-2009, 09:18 AM
4) I'll try to reply on this question if I see his losing finals 1986-87... maybe later this year

the answer is easy : Becker and Cash were just better these years :lol: : they played great ;)

Both Cash and Becker were hard opponents for Lendl, on their best surface, in their best form. And Lendl was not yet completely adapted to grass.

1989 was his best chance : he was near to beating Becker in SF, and Becker crushed Edberg in the final.

Voo de Mar
12-13-2009, 09:19 AM
I watched Masters 1994 semifinal a couple of weeks ago and you are right. It was great tennis, but AO 2000 and USO 2001 were also magic :worship:

Yeah, great legendary matches but IMO Sampras had his peak in years 1993-94, Agassi in 1994-1995, so for me Masters 1994 it's a moment when both played the tennis of their lives.

Greg-Pete fan
12-13-2009, 10:52 AM
the answer is easy : Becker and Cash were just better these years :lol: : they played great ;)

Both Cash and Becker were hard opponents for Lendl, on their best surface, in their best form. And Lendl was not yet completely adapted to grass.

1989 was his best chance : he was near to beating Becker in SF, and Becker crushed Edberg in the final.

You are right duong. I think Lendl`s game wasn`t adapted on grass and as Ivanisevic said after their match in 1992 :)

"Sometimes I feel sorry for him because he's a great athlete, a great tennis player, but he's never going to win Wimbledon," He`s coming in only because he has to, but on the hardcourt or the clay, he never comes in, only to shake hands. Inside yourself, you have to be a serve-and-volley player to win Wimbledon."

Lendl had a quite good volley, but he wasn`t playing his game on grass. He won Queens Club in 89 and 90 (in 90 he demolished Becker 6:3,6:2!), but Wimbledon was always the different story for him.

McEnroe, Connors and later Cash, Becker and Edberg were too good for him.

Greg-Pete fan
12-13-2009, 02:47 PM
And Lendl was Wimbledon junior champion in 1978.

duong
12-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Lendl had a quite good volley, but he wasn`t playing his game on grass. He won Queens Club in 89 and 90 (in 90 he demolished Becker 6:3,6:2!), but Wimbledon was always the different story for him.

on today's grass, he would very probably have won it :yeah:

Greg-Pete fan
12-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Yes, he definitely would have played on the baseline ;)

Yves.
12-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Because my name gave me my parents. Name is something what'd accompany you throughout whole life as a phrase with some vibrations which in fact belong to your parents. IMO a mature human being should have possibility to give itself own name, in some sense it happens at the confirmation (at least in our country, I don't know if it's a normal thing in other countries) but I haven't this because of obvious reasons. The internet space so far is the only way to name myself this way I'd like in the real life.

Why always so vague?

Voo de Mar
12-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Why always so vague?

Can you specify your question?

Voo de Mar
12-13-2009, 07:04 PM
^ Give me a concret question and I'll give you a concrete reply. It's not the thread "duong's considerations".

duong
12-13-2009, 07:23 PM
^ Give me a concret question and I'll give you a concrete reply. It's not the thread "duong's considerations".

sorry for disturbing you :worship:

Voo de Mar
12-13-2009, 07:28 PM
sorry for disturbing you :worship:

I don't know simply what would you like to know.
Here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4944848&postcount=9)
Here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=6493087&postcount=28)
and Here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7861712&postcount=38)

is written who is the best given the percentage, therefore I don't understand your essay in the delated post :shrug:

Yves.
12-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Can you specify your question?

You're attitude towards traditions, your female qualities and now this, you seem as an interesting person to me. Rather eccentric. :)

Eden
12-20-2009, 01:35 PM
:lol: Hi Eden, you surprised me with bumping this thread :hug:

You are welcome :hatoff:

Tsonga-Federer 7-6 1-6 7-6 - because I couldn't believe what was going on + Tsonga is my current favorite player

You weren't the only one who couldn't believe what was going on :lol: I have seen Roger so many times not closing out a set or match in his first serving game, but this match was really something special :o

Del Potro-Federer 3-6 7-6 4-6 7-6 6-2 - because I almost fell asleep during the 2nd set; it looked like a routine 6-3 6-4 6-2 and suddenly I heard an exciting voice of a commentetor that Del Potro leveled up at 5:5 in the 2nd set - since then it was great final :)

I just read recently a similiar comment about this match by someone from MTF :lol:

2) Federer impressed me the most; after 2008 I didn't expect he would win 2 Majors, especially Roland Garros but obviously I didn't expect Nadal's defeat in the 4th round...

I guess nobody expected Rafa to lose in RG this year. Roger used the golden opportunity he had and I would have been really sad if he had wasted this chance. He had a few disappointing losses in Paris the last years, but he always believed in himself. It's just amazing that he has been in all 4 Slam finals this year again, winning two of them and losing the other ones in 5 set matches - with good chances to win these matches as well...

4) None :( I played tennis this year only a couple times (my worst year since 1998) - but it's not I didn't want to, it's a more complicated issue ;) But I've got great tie-break record in singles overall: 75 % :yeah:

I never knew you play tennis yourself :) But you misunderstood my question: I was asking about the TB statistic on the tour ;)

5) Good question because I've seen this year plenty of old matches :) IMO Roland Garros final in 1991 was great despite rather not impressive scoreline in terms of dramatic 5-setter: both Courier and Agasi played wonderful match, very aggressive from the baseline with very few unforced errors, and with very solid play at the net. It was one of those matches where the rain changes the momentum :D

I'm pretty sure I have seen it back then in the 90ies, but never again since then and therefore I don't remember anything of this match.

Voo de Mar
12-20-2009, 01:53 PM
I never knew you play tennis yourself :) But you misunderstood my question: I was asking about the TB statistic on the tour ;)

:lol: I suppose I read your question incorrectly because you used a word "you" in the first three questions, so probably I had read it

How many tiebreaks have you played this season?
instead of
How many tiebreaks have been played this season?

Sorry :hug: I don't know, I have never made such a stats :p

Eden
12-26-2009, 12:40 PM
:angel:

1) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer, may it be positive or negative? If yes, what was the reason for it?

2) How many matches do you have on your computer/DVD?

3) What is your New Years Resolution?

4) Which 5 internet sites do you visit regurlary?

5) Which “disappeared” MTFer do you most want to see return?

6) What's the first thread you generally open on MTF?

7) If you were allowed to have anything for free from one store, what store would you pick?

8) Which MTFer has the best username? Why?

9) How long can you go without being on the internet?

10) If you had lots of money to spend, which charity would you donate this money too and why?

Voo de Mar
12-26-2009, 01:50 PM
:angel:

1) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer, may it be positive or negative? If yes, what was the reason for it?

2) How many matches do you have on your computer/DVD?

3) What is your New Years Resolution?

4) Which 5 internet sites do you visit regurlary?

5) Which “disappeared” MTFer do you most want to see return?

6) What's the first thread you generally open on MTF?

7) If you were allowed to have anything for free from one store, what store would you pick?

8) Which MTFer has the best username? Why?

9) How long can you go without being on the internet?

10) If you had lots of money to spend, which charity would you donate this money too and why?

1) Rather not. I don't change my preferences in this issue, when I begin to like a player I like him the whole career and inversely. I change my thoughts only towards the best players. I don't know exactly how would explain it properly :scratch: I used to like Agassi and Sampras at the beginning of the 90's but at the end of that decade I was cheering for their opponents. Something similar with Federer and Nadal nowadays. I'm bored watching them again and again, so despite I was happy when they won first Grand Slam tournaments I don't want to see them as Grand Slam champions in the next decade but it doesn't mean I don't like them :) Simply I like variety.

2) More than 150 (mainly finals of Grand Slam tournaments in the Open Era). I have been collecting them, will be many more... :yeah:

3) I've got a few:
- improve my languages skills, especially French (at the moment I wouldn't say anything in this language),
- better control my emotions (it's one of my biggest problems),
- avoid contact with people who don't understand that I've got dynamic personality and want to improve myself all the time.

4) Every day:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/
http://www.menstennisforums.com/
http://www.elrincondeltenis.com/
& Polish website which is an equivalent of Facebook

Lately I use every day FB as well because I've realized a lot of MTF members are there :)

5) Interlaken - I think it's amazingly good and sensitive person, maybe too sensitive for MTF

6) It depends on the stage of the season. Between January and November I'm going firstly to the General Message. In December I'm sitting in non-tennis section for entertainment.

7) Tough question... Really I don't know, probably I'd pick a mystical book which has been read only by a very few.

8) Hard to say who has the best username. IMO I've got one of the best usernames, very universal and I hope telling a lot about myself. I've been using it in Internet everywhere for many years, it is only seemingly artificial username, tells more about me than my name and surname in my documents. I change it in the future if I will have a possibility to do it. I like also your username because you've got "de" between first and last letter :)

9) I don't know. I need Internet mainly to be connected with tennis information. I don't think that Internet would be necessary for me if I suddenly lost my interest in tennis.

10) Probably some charity for African countries because one of my best friends who is a painter contributes these charities gaining money from the paintings he solds :tears:

Stensland
12-26-2009, 02:05 PM
any polish junior player you know of who might have what it takes to break into the top 10/20/50 some time soon?

Ivanatis
12-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Which 3 male and female Polish sports(wo)men would you consider athletes of this decade?

Voo de Mar
12-26-2009, 02:17 PM
any polish junior player you know of who might have what it takes to break into the top 10/20/50 some time soon?

I don't know. IMO there is no system in Poland to produce such a player soon. Maybe in 2020, 2030? I don't expect a Polish player would enter Top 10 next decade. Top 50? Maybe that Janowicz, it's too early to predict.

Which 3 male and female Polish sports(wo)men would you consider athletes of this decade?

1. Adam Małysz
2. Otylia Jędrzejczak
3. Robert Kubica

:confused:

Eden
12-26-2009, 09:50 PM
More than 150 (mainly finals of Grand Slam tournaments in the Open Era). I have been collecting them, will be many more... :yeah:

That's quite an impressive list :yeah:

Which is the oldest match that you have?

I've got a few:
- improve my languages skills, especially French (at the moment I wouldn't say anything in this language),
- better control my emotions (it's one of my biggest problems),
- avoid contact with people who don't understand that I've got dynamic personality and want to improve myself all the time.

Does this mean that you are getting angry or upset easily?

Interlaken - I think it's amazingly good and sensitive person, maybe too sensitive for MTF

I miss her too :awww: But she has a child - from the little personal information she gave away here on the forum - and maybe she is just likes to spend her time with her family, which is totally understandable :)

Hard to say who has the best username. IMO I've got one of the best usernames, very universal and I hope telling a lot about myself. I've been using it in Internet everywhere for many years, it is only seemingly artificial username, tells more about me than my name and surname in my documents. I change it in the future if I will have a possibility to do it.

Does this mean you want to get a new username in here?

I like also your username because you've got "de" between first and last letter :)

:lol: Thanks ;)

Sometimes I think about changing my username, but I don't know what name to choose otherwise. I have three usernames (one of them it's my real name) in other forums, but the names are surely not better as the one I have in here, so there's actually no need to change it.

I don't know. I need Internet mainly to be connected with tennis information. I don't think that Internet would be necessary for me if I suddenly lost my interest in tennis.

That's interesting.

I look for so much information on the internet - and one of the main fascinations for me is to get linked to other informations when you look something up.

Probably some charity for African countries because one of my best friends who is a painter contributes these charities gaining money from the paintings he solds :tears:

Is your friend a professional painter?

Some other questions:

1) Which matches from Roger do you consider as his best performances?

2) Which was the last WTA match you watched?

3) What do you like the most about Poland?

4) Which other spotlight threads do you like to read?

5) Have you ever regret it to get a spotlight thread? :angel:

Voo de Mar
12-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Which is the oldest match that you have?

Wimbledon 1969 final: Newcombe-Laver :) Have you seen Newcombe? I'd like to ask Becker whether was impressed by Newcombe...

Does this mean that you are getting angry or upset easily?

Partially 'yes' but don't want to go too deep into this theme ;) I've got the feeling I've been improving my mentality but still some work ahead of me ;)

Does this mean you want to get a new username in here?

No :) I know my reply wasn't precise. I'd like to change someday my official name into Voo de Mar.

Is your friend a professional painter?

I'd say "yes". Generally speaking my closest friends are either painters or lawyers :lol: I think I understand the reason of it :angel:

Some other questions:

1) Which matches from Roger do you consider as his best performances?

2) Which was the last WTA match you watched?

3) What do you like the most about Poland?

4) Which other spotlight threads do you like to read?

5) Have you ever regret it to get a spotlight thread? :angel:

1) Masters 2003, final against Agassi.
He played unbelievable tennis in first two sets at this year's US Open against Soderling. I couldn't believe he was so good during first hour of that match :D

2) I don't know, probably something at the US Open '09 :lol: Later I saw on youtube twice the end of Wozniacki's match against Zvonareva (last game).

3) To be honest: nothing. The older I'm the more I feel disconnected with this country. If there's something like "collective national self" I feel more Germanic myself than Slavic :shrug:

4) I'm not a regular reader of other spotlights. I read something/somewhere from time to time. Actually when I reply on your questions I've got the feeling it's only between you and me, I don't think that someone is interested in my answers...

5) No because the questions are very balanced :yeah: I've appreciated all the questions in this thread so far.

Eden
12-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Wimbledon 1969 final: Newcombe-Laver :) Have you seen Newcombe? I'd like to ask Becker whether was impressed by Newcombe...

No, I have never seen anything of Newcombe unfortunately.

I don't really download matches because my computer isn't that fast and I only have a DVD player in my computer, so I don't really want to buy tennis DVDs at the moment. My other DVD player which is connected with my TV doesn't work anymore and I'm still hesitating to buy a new one.

Partially 'yes' but don't want to go too deep into this theme ;) I've got the feeling I've been improving my mentality but still some work ahead of me ;)

No problem. Good luck with your improvements :hug:

No :) I know my reply wasn't precise. I'd like to change someday my official name into Voo de Mar.

I see. Is it possible to change the whole name for the identity card? :scratch:

I always thought you could just get a new first name when you suffer from your original one.

To be honest: nothing. The older I'm the more I feel disconnected with this country. If there's something like "collective national self" I feel more Germanic myself than Slavic :shrug:

So you probably see your future in another country, right?

Actually when I reply on your questions I've got the feeling it's only between you and me, I don't think that someone is interested in my answers...

I'm a bit surprised that not many other people ask questions to you in here, but maybe they already found some questions answered ;) I don't think it has something to do with them not being interested in your views.

I should reduce my questions, so that they get a chance to ask you something.

No because the questions are very balanced :yeah: I've appreciated all the questions in this thread so far.

That's good to hear :hug:

Voo de Mar
12-26-2009, 11:22 PM
I see. Is it possible to change the whole name for the identity card? :scratch:

I always thought you could just get a new first name when you suffer from your original one.

Fortunately I don't suffer :yeah: I've got good name and surname (nothing to be ashamed of) but too Polish, and it's tough to pronounce for non-Polish speakers, even shorter version of my name is tough for them what surprised me a little bit a couple times. It's only hypothetical assumption that I would change it if I had a possibility.
I've written somewhere earlier in this thread that name and surname are something what you got, it isn't strictly yours. I'm not impressed by the fact that I share my name with thousands of men in Poland and my surname with 443 people in this country (I saw once that stats, I know a site where are the numbers for each surname) ;)

So you probably see your future in another country, right?

Definitely.

I'm a bit surprised that not many other people ask questions to you in here, but maybe they already found some questions answered ;)

I'm not. For part of members here, I'm a statistician, so there is no point to ask me about something different than tennis, and actually it's a right way of thinking since I know a lot only about men's tennis :)

Nadie
12-27-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm not. For part of members here, I'm a statistician, so there is no point to ask me about something different than tennis, and actually it's a right way of thinking since I know a lot only about men's tennis :)

Of course you're more than just a statistician :shrug: :hug:

1) What is your dream trip?

2) Do you read any contemporary Polish literature? Here in Russia Wiśniewski is really popular author nowadays, all book stores are packed with his books translated to Russian :tape:

3) Your tennis and non-tennis wishes for 2010 :angel:

Voo de Mar
12-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Of course you're more than just a statistician :shrug: :hug:

1) What is your dream trip?

2) Do you read any contemporary Polish literature? Here in Russia Wiśniewski is really popular author nowadays, all book stores are packed with his books translated to Russian :tape:

3) Your tennis and non-tennis wishes for 2010 :angel:

Hi Nadie :hug:

1) Corsica :) I was there last year (only 10 days) and IMO it's a wonderful place. I'd like to visit many other places, generally I'd like to travel a lot especially to the places where the weather is beautiful :angel:

2) No, I don't read novels :awww: I hadn't any idea he's so popular there.

3) Tennis wish: I'd like to go to Paris and see Roland Garros :)
Non-tennis: to be a better man! Actually it's a truism, it's very difficult to be a better man living in society because what is better for some people is worse for the others; so the most important thing is to fully accept myself even if it's extremely individual self.

theMEESH
12-27-2009, 02:19 PM
1) In a battle against zombies what 3 items would you have to protect yourself?

2) Do you have a friend that you can hardly understand because of their accent? What kind of accent is it?

3) If you had a million dollars and was told that you had to spend $500,000 in 30 minutes what would you buy?

4) Do you walk around naked in your house?

5) Which 5 MTFers do you want with you to help you get off of a deserted island?

6) If you had to sing a song on live national televison, what would you pick?

7) Would you rather be a werewolf or a vampire? Why?

8) If you got a chance to act on a television show, what TV show would you pick.

9) What's your favorite curse word?

10) How do you feel when you have to play a lefty tennis player?

11) Did you have chicken pox?

12) What do you like to do when you're sick?

13) Do you remember what you used to do before the internet?

14) How long can you go without being on the internet?

15) Do you like to walk barefoot?

16) Which 5 MTF members would you want with you in a bar fight?

17) Have you ever hit an animal on accident (like car accident sort of situation)

18) If you were injured terribly right at this moment, who would be the first person you'd ask to help take care of you?

19) Do you think the story of your life would make a good book/movie?

20) What's your favorite kind of ice cream?

21) What kind of food (be specific please ) do you want on your birthday.

22) What piece of artwork always gives you the heebie jeebies?

23) How do you feel about the alien ET?

24) Would you want Angelina Jolie to adopt you?

25) How do you feel about celebrities adopting foreign kids?

26) Do you like standard straws or bendy straws?

27) Have you ever fallen in love?

28) Can you do the splits?

29) Do you write in all caps, "regular" or in cursive?

30) Do you ever wonder how the pharmacist can read what the doctor prescribed to you?

31) Do you lend your friends money?

32) How do you keep track of your appointments?

33) If someone was to give you $1 million dollars but you had to spend the year with Serena Williams, would you do it?

34) Can you pick up a pencil with your toes?

35) How do you get around?

36) What was the smallest town you've ever been in?

37) Have you ever been deliberately mean to someone because of their color?

38) Do you know how hard it is to think up random questions?

39) When you are too lazy to cook, what do you eat?

40) Have you ever wanted to be a spy?

41) Do you think you could keep calm if you were kidnapped?

42) If you were going to get arrested, what would be the most likely reason?

43) What thread do you go into everyday?

44) Have you ever jumped off a cliff?

45) When was the last time you went to the beach?

46) Do you have good posture?

47) Is your hair your natural color?

48) What's your favorite candy bar?

49) Where do you do all your internet surfing?

50) What do you think of my questions?

Nadie
12-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi Nadie :hug:

1) Corsica :) I was there last year (only 10 days) and IMO it's a wonderful place. I'd like to visit many other places, generally I'd like to travel a lot especially to the places where the weather is beautiful :angel:

2) No, I don't read novels :awww: I hadn't any idea he's so popular there.

3) Tennis wish: I'd like to go to Paris and see Roland Garros :)
Non-tennis: to be a better man! Actually it's a truism, it's very difficult to be a better man living in society because what is better for some people is worse for the others; so the most important thing is to fully accept myself even if it's extremely individual self.

:hug: thank you for your answers :worship:

Paris :drool:

I don't see, why you need to become better, you seem like a pretty nice person for me :shrug: :angel: but anyway, good luck in your attempts :hug: it is difficult indeed, unless you're an inhabitant on a desert island :p

Voo de Mar
12-27-2009, 02:48 PM
1) :shrug:

2) No.

3) Luxury apartment and car.

4) Yes, sometimes.

5) :shrug:

6) "Lovestreet" The Doors.

7) Vampire. Beacuse I love night.

8) Don't like TV shows :p

9) "zjebał" - English translation "he fucked it up"

10) Comfortingly.

11) Yes, in January 1991.

12) Read a book.

13) I used to do many things ;)

14) Long, especially in December when the tennis season is off.

15) No.

16) :shrug:

17) No.

18) My father.

19) Yes.

20) Strawberry.

21) :shrug:

22) ^

23) ^

24) No.

25) Good for those kids.

26) Bendy.

27) Heh, tough to say, I think I fell once but it's subjective.

28) Yes.

29) All.

30) No.

31) Yes.

32) Memory.

33) Yes, without any problems at the beginning.

34) No.

35) Quickly.

36) A town where my godmother lives.

37) No.

38) No.

39) Fruits.

40) No.

41) Yes.

42) Brawl.

43) Contest-threads in December.

44) No.

45) July 25th 2009.

46) Yes.

47) Yes but I dyed 3 times.

48) :shrug:

49) Home.

50) Good for you if you'll compare and analyse answers of all members :yeah:

theMEESH
12-27-2009, 02:51 PM
you can do the splits!?!

Voo de Mar
12-27-2009, 02:55 PM
you can do the splits!?!

Maybe I didn't understand exactly your question. Would you give more precise question?

theMEESH
12-27-2009, 02:59 PM
http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/djokovic-split.jpg

are you capable of doing this?

Voo de Mar
12-27-2009, 03:00 PM
:lol: No... I hadn't any idea what's an english name for this. In my native language it's "szpagat".

Eden
03-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Voo :wavey: :hug:

1) What's your opinion about Davis Cup?
2) Have you read any biographies of tennisplayers?

Voo de Mar
03-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Voo :wavey: :hug:

1) What's your opinion about Davis Cup?
2) Have you read any biographies of tennisplayers?

Hi Eden :wavey:

1) Generally speaking I like this event but I would say about it in two ways:

a) good one:
I like the format of Davis Cup: two singles, doubles, two singles; it's interesting and in some sense it reminds me of "the best of five" structure in a match where a third set usually is crucial - in the Davis Cup analogic is doubles... A lot of drama in DC through the years thanks to "the best of five", it's often connected with the fact that a player gets a help from a captain and homecrowd and theoretically a weaker player has bigger chance to beat in DC much more higher rank. opponent than in Grand Slam; actually I wish tie-breaks had been included to DC ties in 1989 (a classic battles like Westphal-Smid for example, won't return).

b) worse one:
in the time of globalization I'm not sure whether a rivalry between countries is required, especially that tennis is strongly an individual sport. I'm curious whether DC tie between Croatia and Serbia in July will wake up some demons.
On the other hand Davis Cup is almost as old as the whole tennis competition so it's tough to imagine a calendar year without it :)

2) Yes, I've read a biography of Wojtek Fibak twice "To jest moja gra" ("This is my game") by Daniel Passent and want to read it for the third time this year.
I was reading Federer's biography on Internet but it's tough to read a book through a monitor so I didn't finish. Definitely I would've read more biographies only if I could, unfortunately I don't see books about tennis in Poland, all the more in other languages :( In the city where I live, I can buy in original only "Harry Poter" but I don't care about this kind of books :lol:

«Ivan»
03-09-2010, 02:31 PM
1.if you could give me one piece of advice,what would it be?
2.what do you value most in other people?
3.if you could only see black and white except for one color, what color would you choose to see?
4.if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
5.are you selfish?
6.hat is the best advice you've ever given and received?
7.your looks from 1-10?

Voo de Mar
03-09-2010, 02:58 PM
1.if you could give me one piece of advice,what would it be?
2.what do you value most in other people?
3.if you could only see black and white except for one color, what color would you choose to see?
4.if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
5.are you selfish?
6.hat is the best advice you've ever given and received?
7.your looks from 1-10?

1) You should try to catch a bigger distance to the "virtual world" and perhaps reality. I suppose you're very sensitive, maybe oversensitive, would be better for you if you'd overcome it a little bit.

2) Individualism; I appreciate people when I see they are able to do something against the pressure of society.

3) White.

4) Mentally: I'd like to be more stable, coherent emotionally.
Physically: I'd like to be 5 cm taller.

5) Probably sometimes I'm selfish, sometimes not, depends on the situation and the people who interact with me.

6) I can't remind myself that I gave someone great advice, rather haven't received.

7) 6.

Eden
03-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks for your answers :hatoff:

1) Generally speaking I like this event but I would say about it in two ways:

a) good one:
I like the format of Davis Cup: two singles, doubles, two singles; it's interesting and in some sense it reminds me of "the best of five" structure in a match where a third set usually is crucial - in the Davis Cup analogic is doubles... A lot of drama in DC through the years thanks to "the best of five", it's often connected with the fact that a player gets a help from a captain and homecrowd and theoretically a weaker player has bigger chance to beat in DC much more higher rank. opponent than in Grand Slam; actually I wish tie-breaks had been included to DC ties in 1989 (a classic battles like Westphal-Smid for example, won't return).

Good points. DC offers a way better chance for many players to win this competition instead of a Grand Slam tournament. Partly of course as they are members of a team and to lose a match in an encounter is not necessarly deciding.

If the mentioned Westphal-Smid match had already have a tiebreak back then it would have been not that dramatic ;)

b) worse one:
in the time of globalization I'm not sure whether a rivalry between countries is required, especially that tennis is strongly an individual sport. I'm curious whether DC tie between Croatia and Serbia in July will wake up some demons.
On the other hand Davis Cup is almost as old as the whole tennis competition so it's tough to imagine a calendar year without it :)

We don't have the rivalries just in tennis, it goes for other sports as well. And as we have unfortunately seen so-called "tennisfans" who in fact just want to disturb a match go to normal tournaments as well.

I see tennis as an individual sport and therefore I can understand for example Roger's decision not to play each round in DC. He does a lot for his country with his achievements and as the other Swiss players have mentioned he is always available when they need help or an advice. That's teamspirit as well.

On the other hand I can understand it why players enjoy the DC. The most important thing is that you get along well or are at least willing to adjust to the team. There are enough examples where it doesn't work when the players don't like each other.

2) Yes, I've read a biography of Wojtek Fibak twice "To jest moja gra" ("This is my game") by Daniel Passent and want to read it for the third time this year.

Why do you want to read it that often?

I was reading Federer's biography on Internet but it's tough to read a book through a monitor so I didn't finish. Definitely I would've read more biographies only if I could, unfortunately I don't see books about tennis in Poland, all the more in other languages :( In the city where I live, I can buy in original only "Harry Poter" but I don't care about this kind of books :lol:

I don't like "Harry Potter" either :p Well, did you have a look at your library in town? They will maybe have the books you are interested in. There is also the possibility that they can order the books via interlending which means that your library orders the books from other libraries.

I can totally understand it that you don't want to read a whole book through a monitor. Which biography of Roger did you start to read? The one of René Stauffer? There are a few books about Roger, but I think the one of René is the best. He knows Roger since his youth.

I recently finished to read "Open" from Andre Agassi. It was a very easy read and interesting look behind the tennis scene, but it also left behind a few questions.

Eden
08-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Voo, I just found this on youtube:

qabUqQCrl-Y

I probably watched all of the shows with Ray Cokes when I had the opportunity, but I don't remember this show when he spoke to Michael.

And there he cooks with Michael:

Yq2_wU3LlNo

Some INXS songs:

gsXf0owPGE8

w6F8KzE4WX0

KKX9di81stQ

Serenidad
08-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Daniel Brands, Voo. :kiss: :smooch:

Voo de Mar
08-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Daniel Brands, Voo. :kiss: :smooch:

:haha: :aplot: :hug:

TennisOnWood
08-08-2010, 06:58 PM
I didn't saw this until now.. thanks for bump who ever done that

First of all,I must say that I really respect this man and learned so many things from him.. came to MTF with love for tennis statistics and now I'm spending at least one hour every day doing it myself after all that knowledge Voo shared with us :worship:

1) After that Mahut-Isner match that changed tennis for good,what was the next best matches you watched from the crowd

2) What do you think about Moon landing conspiracy

3) Clay courts GOAT.. Rafa or Borg

4) Best car you ever drove

5) More quality final.. Rome 2006 or Wimbledon 2008

6) Your favorite statistic considering Nadal

7) Do you like to drink beer

8) Best Deep Purple song

Voo de Mar
08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Doris :hug: I used to like watching Cokes' TV series in the early 90's :) I'm not sure whether I saw these episodes with Michael. Anyway in those years I was a big U2 fan, INXS was my second favorite band, I think it changed after Michael's suicide.

First of all,I must say that I really respect this man

Thank you very much for nice words :worship: Here are my answers to your questions:

1) I haven't watched too many matches from the crowd but I wouldn't compare any match with Isner-Mahut experience. Sometimes I wished I hadn't been born earlier to have a possibility to watch those more than "20" sets before introducing tie-breaks in 1970. And suddenly sitting in the comfortable position I was watching that insane 5th set of Isner-Mahut match. It's tough to explain but I felt something like a drug trip through many decades of tennis history seeing they overcome 20, 30, 40, 50... Yes, it was something special for a person who knew all these amazing records from the past...

2) Nothing. Before you asked I didn't even realize there's something like this, I had to check it out on wiki. Generally I'm not a follower of conspiracy theories.

3) I don't like to compare players from different eras. Both are great players, the best clay-courters in the Open era, no doubt about it. Let's wait until Nadal finishes his career to have a larger perspective on their achievements.

4) I don't know. I'm not a car lover. I like to go by car as a passenger (I've got a driving license but don't drive myself), whether it's speed or slow, but for me more important than a car brand are: with whom I go, where I go, and what's the surrounding outside the car.

5) To reply on this question I should've watched both matches day by day. I saw Rome '06 final but on DVD, that day I met with my friends, it's one of a few epic finals I didn't see "live" :o

6) Looking at all Nadal's numbers the most impressive for me is his record in at least 4-hour matches which is 7-0 if I'm not wrong.

7) Yes, I love it. I don't drink any other alcohol. My favorite beer brands: Pilsner, Heineken, Carlsberg, Paulaner. I'm always keen to taste a new brand :drink: but I hope the days when I would have been drunk after drinking beers are behind me :angel:

8) As a child I was listening Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin often because my father used to love both bands. I prefer Led Zeppelin, the only Deep Purple song on my PC is their well known "Smoke on the Water" :wavey:

Eden
08-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Doris :hug: I used to like watching Cokes' TV series in the early 90's :) I'm not sure whether I saw these episodes with Michael. Anyway in those years I was a big U2 fan, INXS was my second favorite band, I think it changed after Michael's suicide.

I didn't knew you were/are a U2 fan, Voo. Have you been able to see them in concert? I never went to a show of them so far, but have been to a few concerts of a very good U2 cover band called "Achtung Baby".

I just loved Ray Cokes and his show :worship: It was the best TV show ever and he did a lot for people in Europe with it.

It's such a shame that due to the happenings in Germany he decided to give up the show :sad:

Eden
12-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Question time Voo :dance:

1) What will your book about tennis look like? Can you give us a little summary? :)

2) Which were your favourite matches of this years tennis season?

3) How do you rate this years tennis season? What was the most disappointing for you and what did you like the best?

4) Who are your favourite umpires on the tour?

5) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

6) What is your opinion about players on the seniors tour?

7) What describes MTF best this year?

8) If you had lots of money to spend, which charity would you donate this money too and why?

9) Which “disappeared” MTFer do you most want to see return?

10) If you could go back to any year, what year would you go back to and why?

11) If you could go forward to any year, what year would you go forward to and why?

12) What moment of History would you want to participate in?

13) If you had to cut expenses, what's the first thing you'd give up?

14) Which 5 internet sites do you visit regurlary?

15) Any annoying thing that happens to you and you just can't do anything about it?!(Apart from being asked boring questions by me...)

Well, that's it for today ;)

Thanks in advance for taking time to answer :hug:

Voo de Mar
12-12-2010, 03:06 PM
1) Short stories (the Open era).

2) London matches: the best of three: Nadal d. Murray, the best of five: Isner d. Mahut :D

3) Two disappointments:
- Del Potro's injury,
- none young faces,
the youngest tournament winner this year was Cilic at the age of 21 years 3 months, I don't know when the last time such an "old" player was the youngest tournament winner in a season but certainly Cilic is the oldest in the last 30 years

4) I like Lahyani but generally I don't have anything against any umpire. I think Bernardes was weak but has improved in the last couple of years.

5) Roddick is my first thought. 10 years ago he brought something new to the tour, I appreciated his energetic display of power and self-confidence but in the last years I've got an impression he's been tired and disappointed having only one Grand Slam title under his belt, I'm not sure whether it's the main reason of his moronic behavior during matches :shrug:

6) Ivanisevic is a phenomenon. He was winning "all" long tie-breaks in his pro career and he does the same on seniors tour.

7) Taking into account just finished Pop Contest: Craziness ;)

8) I thing I replied you on a similar question last year :p

9) Interlaken and Bonnie the Cat.

10) 1989, because that was a year when my life in some sense collapsed and I still suffer the aftermath of the following years :(

11) Maybe 3000 to check out the condition of human beings and compare it with the condition 1000 years before :)

12) The French Revolution, in the more recent times the flower-power of the 60's

13) Food. I'd like to become a vegan in the future.

14) I think in this order:
MTF,
Facebook,
atpworldtour.com,
Youtube,
en.wikipedia.org

15) Your questions aren't boring, Doris :hug: Lately I had a problem with my, let's say "tennis friend" who was calling me up despite I told him in different ways that I don't like to talk on phone especially about the same issue :o I hope it's finished after my reply composed nearly of four-letter words.

Serenidad
12-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Voo always spills the true tea. http://i53.tinypic.com/2a8g9k7.jpg

Eden
10-13-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.azmortgageguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/happy-birthday-song-cake.jpg

Happy birthday Voo and all the best for your new year of life - including loads of matches with tiebreaks :p :hug:

Mae
10-13-2012, 05:34 PM
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31200000/Birthday-Cake-For-My-Fairy-Sister-flowerdrop-31283384-329-325.jpg

Happy Birthday to a very nice poster :)

tripwires
10-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Happy birthday Voo! :) :hug:

The Prince
10-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Happy birthday. :)

samanosuke
10-13-2012, 06:44 PM
HB Voo .

PS I am missing your GM posting

Voo de Mar
10-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Thank you guys :wavey:

I prefer not to be involved in GM discussions to avoid potential arguments :)

Björki
10-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Happy Birthday :)

Naudio Spanlatine
10-14-2012, 05:11 AM
Happy birthday or belated if passed. You are a really cool dude :hug:

Eden
10-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Happy birthday Voo :hug:

Hope you have a great day and an even better new year of life with many exciting tennis matches :)

Thanks for all your great work and that you share it with MTF even though the forum isn't the same anymore as some years ago...

Nirjhor
10-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Happy Birthday Mr. Statsman. :aparty:

Chris Kuerten
10-14-2013, 12:32 AM
I have lived all these years thinking you are Dutch.

Voo de Mar
10-14-2013, 10:35 AM
I have lived all these years thinking you are Dutch.

Maybe I'd be more Dutch than anyone else if my DNA was correctly examined, who knows :shrug:

I'm aware of my ancestors nationality on paper only three generations backwards.